So with MS and Nintendo being friendly with each now...

So with MS and Nintendo being friendly with each now, what do you will realistically happen if this relationship is allowed to flourish, especially coming into a new gen?

This could potentially be great for the entire industry.

>inb4 Smash bullshit
No. Fuck off.

Attached: NintendoSwitch_Cuphead_KeyArt_2.0.jpg (1200x800, 173K)

Controller cross compatibility, n64 games on xbone. Master chief in the next mario kart.

They won't work together on a new console, but on games... hm.

This "friendship" is only happening because Sony pushed their shit in with the PS4. The moment either of them get the advantage on the next gen, all bets will be off. To big corporations, it's all about the money. Don't pretend any of the three are your friends.

I'd cream myself over achievements in first party Nintendo games

literally nothing, Phil's goal ever since he became head of Xbox was just "make Xbox games available to more people" that's why he made the controller for disabled kids, that's why he's been pushing streaming so much, that's why he's been putting Xbox games on other platforms like PC and now Switch. Nothing else is going to come out of this, at most you'll just see more Xbox games on other stuff and Phil doing more things to make gaming more accessible, you aren't going to see crazy shit like Mario on PC or anything like that.

Attached: example-24846.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

The Battletoads on nintendo switch and wii
Xbox gamepass on switch
sorry for the smash discussion something in smash like mii costume, spirits, character in general from microsoft

Attached: 1510851407145.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

This. You can already pirate and emulate Nintendo games on MICROSOFT WINDOWS. Nintendo titles are not going to be on the windows store or xbone.

Microsoft has been putting titles on Nintendo handhelds since Game Boy. Viva Piñata, Blue Dragon, Age of Empires, Mech Assault, Conker, etc... Cuphead on Nintendo's hybrid handheld is exactly what they've always been doing.

It's just that Xbone originally launched with a bunch of idiots running the place.

this is also why all you see a million different version of the Xbox One out right now, most notably, the cheaper versions like the Digital Only and the S and why there are rumors for multiple different Xbox consoles for next gen, Phil wants to make Xbox the most accessible platform out there providing tons of options for people to be introduced to their brand, he doesn't care about winning arbitrary consolewars or taking all the games for himself, he just wants to make it so Xbox is easily available to everyone.

>Controller cross compatibility
That would be fantastic.

I'm holding out hope that Rare Replay will get ported to the Switch, while throwing in the DKC and handheld Banjo games.

Makes sense, and while I'd like it to be a bit more than than that it's still a step in the right direction.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "exclusivity" is a bullshit anti-consumer practice that exists to hold monopolies over certain IPs and only exist to damage the long term health of the industry and steps to get rid of it, even small ones, are good.

Attached: 1542951193600.png (800x800, 386K)

>a million different version of the Xbox One
There's three. It really isn't that hard to distinguish them if you spend more than 10 seconds on the website.

>handheld Banjo games
Ewww, it's bad enough if a RR port did happen it would have Nuts and Bolts, why would you want that garbage too?

Hey, Banjo Pilot's alright.

Why would anything happen? Xbox is a worthless line of consoles with nothing to bring to the table. If anything, it would give Ninty a reason to delay 1st party entries by pretending ports of such GREAT GAMES as a worse Contra ripoff & Shooty McShoot games are games people want to play

Having more games available isn't necessarily a bad thing, even if the games weren't very good in the first place. It's not like they'd be taking up space that other games would use.

Honestly Sony is fucked if they continue doing their SJW virtue signaling bullshit while Nintendo and Microsoft team up to give people actual games.

but still each of the major versions were created with different outcomes in mind:
>The original base Xbox One was the traditional console
>the S was the cheaper and sleeker alternative and is usually the one that gets discounts more often than anything else
>the X is for hardcore console gamers who care about powerful technology
now we're getting the digital only one for those who just want the convenience of not worrying about physical copies and keeping everything in one place, most likely the cheapest version of the Xbox One that will be out that isn't used.

No one is aaying they're our friends. OP's question was what else will be in the works now that Nintendo and Microsoft are collaborating on some shit.

Yeah, Nintendo is going to give MS Super Mario, Super Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metroid, Splatoon, Donkey Kong, and their other IPs. Nintendo is seriously cooperating with MS and not just using this opportunity to get more games on their system while weaking MS immediately and attempting to weaken Sony. Nintendo is seriously involved in this partnership and would never throw anyone under the bus. That would be against their mantra.

Attached: 220px-Nintendo_Play_Station_prototype.jpg (220x275, 16K)

Xbox and 360 had a surprising amount of weebshit exclusives

Read it again.

I read it multiple times. Who is saying they're our friends?

Nintendo and Microsoft aren't even collaborating on anything, everything that's been happening has literally been 100% microsoft's decision, Nintendo hasn't asked them to do shit.

Read it again, but more carefully.

I would care about this if it meant ports of Nintendo games to Microsoft Windows, but it doesn't.

Honestly the only reason Japan and Japanese games didn't take off on XB/360 was poor marketing and the consoles being designed like shit.

Both of which can be fixed pretty handily, and it seems MS is at least taking steps to make amends for half.

Attached: 1520650599979.jpg (1440x1080, 134K)

Rare Replay on Switch please.

Halo on Switch. You'll see it at E3.

Octopath Traveler is coming to PC, that sorta counts.

nintendo doesn't own a single part of that game though, that was just a game Nintendo signed a deal for timed exclusivity over.

let's be real here. Sony had every intention of throwing them under the bus with threir plan to own the rights to their disc based games. There were no good actors here. But books like Console Wars will always paint Sony in a better light.

>poor marketing
No matter the marketing, Japanese gamers will always view the Xbox as that scary American console and little else.

>tfw Switchboner
>can play Halo MCC and then take it to fucking bed

I did. Greentext it for me

JUST GIVE ME MORE BANJO KAZOOIE PLEASE

I'll even take more of the car bullshit at this point if I have to.
PLEASE

also more Conker.

I'd be happy even if it was just the original trilogy, not MCC, with online play and of course all the local stuff the games already have.

Like I said, it was designed like shit.
The XB1 was a black brick with a green that took up half an entertainment center, while the 360 was white brick with green on it, granted the PS3 was a poorly designed piece of shit too, but it at least got a smaller model.

MS just needs to make a design that has universal appeal, and work better with the marketing of it.

>Conker
No. BFD was Conker’s last Nintendo appearance.

The Chief in Smash.

A hybrid game, space marine macho man un a quirky, silly lighthearted romp.

This is like a buddy cop movie. Like Red Heat, Microsoft is Jim Belushi.

already deconfirmed

Japs don't like home consoles. At all. If your game console takes up any decent space on your entertainment center, Japs won't like it. They only put up with home consoles like in the case of Sony and the PS3 because jap developers like developing for native companies and stronger hardware. Now that all the jap games are censored on Sony's platform, you see many of them shifting to Nintendo's since they're the most recent example of a native company supporting both portability and Japanese games.

This is true. But it's only ever come into play these days with the Switch and the Vita of all fucking things. But if MS ever did try to tackle the handheld market, they'd be eating of their hands

All this is purely hypothetical mind you, and while I would like a portable MS console I doubt it would ever happen and you are likely correct and we'll be seeing a exodus of Jp devs from Sony to Nintendo is due time

Attached: 1529808556140.png (554x513, 98K)

Banjo *and* Steve in Smash, Xbox Live access on Switch, at the very most Gamepass and maybe some games coming over. Diddy Kong Racing DS was developed by Rare post-MS acquisition and Halo was pitched for the DS, this isn’t necessarily the first time we’re ever seeing these companies sorta come together.

>new Battletoads game announced
>GameStop harrassed with endless prank phone calls while on their death bed

Let it be so.

Attached: Dek.jpg (548x567, 15K)

the enemy of my enemy is my friend

They aren't collaborating. It looks like Microsoft is restructuring the way they handle their gaming division. They may no longer see money in consoles and Branch out to something else and Nintendo seems to be reaping some of those benefits right now.