OH NO NO NO

OH NO NO NO

Attached: apex.png (643x674, 596K)

So...?

They paid ninja millions to shill this game then when his contract was done I dropped it

>don't put any of the money you are getting back into the game
>all the contracts you had with streamers to play your game ended

Gee I wonder what happened?

Twitch views equals popularity.
Apex fags told me that when they shilled this shit game when it came out.

I wish all Stream views dropped by 100%

wait. you mean it really just was the hot new potato of the month all along?
Im shocked

I love how so many retards were hyping it up as the "Fortnite killer" when most of the streamers who played it were paid to stream it.

>I dropped it
>I

Fortnite Battlegrounds needed several months to become even mildly popular. Apex has had a better launch, and it's up to EA and Respawn to make the right decisions to keep AL relevant, like Epic did, or fuck it up royally.

Attached: 161532481568.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>views
>remains

Attached: yp2sg.jpg (308x236, 14K)

A hype train losing steam?

Gee, what a surprise.

>fotm was actually...fotm

WOAH

Seriously, it's so obvious that EA fucked this game with their greed. Whereas Epic saw Fortnite exploding and reinvested heavily in the BR, EA just paid a bunch of streamers and left the team with like less than 10 people on it.

why do people give a single fuck about stream views, they don't mean as much as people think they do

Based.

Attached: 1526349446306.jpg (686x751, 54K)

No new content since release. No balance changes. No solos, doubles, or quads. No optimization since release. Yea, totally surprised is flopped...

>b-but their inclusive heroes !

>stream views

The main argument Apex shills used was the viewcount and now it's gone, and with it the playerbase

>EA gives zero fucks about maintaining a success

If killing and sabotaging every studio they own hasn't alerted you to how terrible they are, I don't know what else will.

EA would never kill anything out of greed. that doesnt sound like EA at all.

Get get.

Attached: 1551665730316.jpg (842x730, 83K)

Understandable.
They released right before a Fortnite season.
They released several months early because EA saw that Anthem was fucked, and they haven't updated the damn game with anything remotely significant since launch.
It could have overtaken Fortnite. If it wasn't shoved the fuck out far too early.

>get into a game market that's only making money because of skins
>make all your characters and skins uglier than sin

it wasnt EA, they didnt do a thing
its respawns incompetence in running a f2p game that killed apex

>put an unfinished game out
>players see it has awesome potential being f2p coasting off the failures of fortnite and pubg
>boasts the best parts of both games
>respawn takes its initial success and takes it as a sign that the game is complete
>takes literally 3 months fo put out a new weapon and a single new character
>game dies as a result

respawns next project should be dead in the water if apex is anything to show but gamers are fucking morons so youll buy it anyway since its a starwars title

Like it or not but the Twitch views do have a direct correlation with how popular the game is.
If you want to prove me wrong then find one game that is popular but has low viewership on the Twitch or vice versa.

not enough content to be worth playing past a month and most of my friends moved on to other games

Are there any good FPS like apex?

Battle royales are fucking boring as shit

Weren't these the guys who got woke?

>They released right before a Fortnite season.
This is kinda false. They didn't know about the new Fortnite season because Epic rushed the Fornite season out when the Apex Legends gained popularity to counter it.

Do you guys remember Seal Hunter?
That game was fucking great!

Do Fortnite, PUBG, LoL, and DotA really have 'more content?

The Titanfall, you know, the games this was actually based on

The real problem is that they didn't release the game with updates already pre-made
It okay not to expect the popularity it got. But if they already had 1-2 month of updates close to complete they'd be able to adapt better into its popularity.
Next battle pass of Apex will probably be insane, but will it being every one back? Unlikely

Told.

Attached: 1539561426830.jpg (243x250, 9K)

>flavor of the month game dying down
Color me impressed.

Attached: 1555701344321.jpg (856x1024, 146K)

yes actually they do

no the woke parts didnt kill the game
diversity is only an issue when its taking already established well liked characters and ruining them
see harry pooter and soldier 76
these characters started out fine and were well received, the game just got stale and respawn refused to update it or communicate with their playerbase out side of emojis

fortnite adds new stuff every week or so
PUBG has it's own niche how the game plays
LoL and Dota both have an established playerbase and are not really that repetitive

Somehow, I feel bad that I never got into the game. I played the tutorial, sure, and that felt GREAT... But I never started a game itself.

I dont play pubg or fortnite but lol and dota literally have hundreds of characters each with different abilities

>Fortnite is actually going to be a decade long franchise instead of a 1 or 2 year fad
>Epic is going to keep getting mad dosh to keep buying the next game you want for their store until you eventually switch
>Boomers telling anyone shit
lol

I mean it's still alive, not like they shut down the servers or anything
Just go and play it, see if you like it

>>takes literally 3 months fo put out a new weapon and a single new character
>respawns next project should be dead in the water
You're just outing how uninformed you are on the situation. Do you know why it took three months? You think it's because Respawn was lazy? So you are unaware they are making a massive AAA Star Wars game that most of their staff is working on. That's the thing, the moment this game had an ounce of success EA needed to build the team around it, that's exactly what Epic did with the BR mode of Fortnite (which pissed off fans of the original mode but from a business perspective, who cares?) but instead they just kept the profits and didn't hire anyone. Like another response to my post implied, this is common for EA as well. They don't like to reinvest in studios that produce success, that's why so many good EA studios have been closed over the last two decades.

This game was never going to do well with its horrible and ugly art direction

Their shit character's design and character's costumes is a big reason to why it is failing.
I'm sure you can make good looking woke designs but they failed at it.

PvP games are for faggots. Chess is the only good PvP game ever made.

who the fuck wants to do the same thing over and over again forever but with different retards in the lobby who you will never form a connection with or even remember

>it wasnt EA, they didnt do a thing
I believe that's his point

gotcha scumbag...

It is still quite active and is still fun to play

Even Fortnite started woke, and now Jonesy is the unofficial face of the game.

Ramirez a CUTE.

Why the fuck do these faggot streamers and their idiot fan base get to dictate the game industry and how games are molded now a days?
Devs will basically listen to streamers feedbacks instead of fan/user feedback.
Seriously fuck this stupid social media era and fuck zoomers. We never should have made the internet so user friendly because normies ruin everything.

no its failing because it has no content
the designs are fine and well liked, if it was updated regularly it would actually be alive

>studio has success making a game with zero input from EA
>they throw it all away to work on something EA has their grubby paws all over
Ill never trust respawn ever again, and if you do you deserve whats coming with battlefield 5 space edition

get on with the time gramps

This, adapt to the times or get ready to be left in the cold. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

How would YOU save Apex, user?

Attached: 1510788021870.jpg (1200x888, 136K)

would've killed it in it's planning stages and made a good game

CAN BATTLE ROYALES AND MOBAS DIE ALREADY FUCK

Attached: 1541396722791.jpg (1334x1334, 143K)

EA already made their money and the battle royale trend is slowing down anyway

Mobas have been around for almost a decade, why should Battle Royales be any different?

>Stream views dictate a games popularity

Playing br, watching some faggot stream, donating to millionaire streamers and basically just being a pozzed bugman person is getting with the times?

Attached: 1555571552989.png (714x698, 74K)

guess you can't buy popularity after all.

Okay ninja

because money
at the end of the day video games are an industry now
its no longer "good game makes good money" its "good business makes good money"
see the financial success of absolutely dogshit titles like battlefield 5 and sonic forces
anti-consumer practices like xbox live gold being adapted by playstation AND fucking nintendo
developers actually giving a shit about critic ratings coming from people who cant complete tutorial stages
literal government having to come in to regulate anti-consumer lootbox garbage

money rules your video games nothing else
if you want to make a difference then stop buying video games with bad policies and pirate them, if a game has good devs and good practices then support them with your money
if you buy borderlands 3 know that youre only hurting the industry as a whole

It's easily the most effective form of marketing ever,
>Streamer with 100k viewers play a game
>100k viewers see basically what is an ad that is hours long each day.
At this point it's already beating the shit out of any other form of marketing. But then you also have to take into the account that it's also effective as fuck when compared to any other form of marketing. A lot of viewers buy the game that their favorite steamer is playing to be like them etc.

>Ill never trust respawn ever again, and if you do you deserve whats coming with battlefield 5 space edition
I never liked Respawn or any of their games. I'm just aware of what's going on in the industry. Be mad at Respawn all you want I really don't care and I agree selling your soul to EA is a bad move. It doesn't change what I said, EA's lack of investment is why Apex Legends never had a chance of keeping up with Fortnite because the Apex Legends team was a skeleton crew and EA didn't change this when it blew up and showed financial promise. You wanna blame Respawn for it's failure because you're mad at them for working more closely with EA now, it's pretty obvious. Your personal distaste for them doesn't change reality

What's wrong with the first two? By all means, don't donate to idiots who you don't think deserve the money, but BR is a perfectly enjoyable form of vidya and watching streamers can be useful for learning new techniques.

they literally made it a point to say that EA didnt have a hand in making apex and then went back on that dropping apex to work on starwars
its respawns incompetence and dishonor that cause apex to fail

We are now in like year 15 of "dude just don't buy it", literally every dumb new idea a dev tries the normies will accept
Slash their tires or something, that might help. But your suggestion hasn't panned out at all

>ninja posts on Yea Forums
>this board truly has gone to shit.

this but also include FPS in general

its not just "dont buy it"
its fucking pirate it and tell your friends to pirate it

I have never ever seen a single second of footage from this game.

Do you think I'm happy that MOBAs are still alive and kicking? Why the fuck would I want another shitty e-sport meme genre to go on for that long?

>they literally made it a point to say that EA didnt have a hand in making apex
The fuck are you talking about? They made it point that EA had no say in the gamneplay design they were still the publisher mate. The publisher funds development. If the crew for a game is too small it's because the publisher is not paying enough money to expand. EA is the publisher.
>its respawns incompetence and dishonor
Yea because it takes "honor" to make video games that are financially successful. You can't even hide your disadain for Respawn which is so clearly why you want to blame them for Apex failing even though you yourself admitted one of the problems was a lack of content updates. A problem that is caused by a small team which the Apex team was. A team that EA was not willing to pay to expand. Again, Epic saw the potential in Fortnite's BR mode and immediately invested in expanding the team, the content updates started coming out faster and the game rapidly built popularity. It's pretty easy to see which company had the better long term business plan.

Have the people doing balance constantly working on balance, and also make sure they understand the fucking game they're balancing.

>Release an unfinished game for damage control of the coming Anthem failure
>By some miracle, it becomes more popular than fucking Fortnite
>Release one garbage gun a month after release and one character slightly after that
>Release no more new content ever other than a battle pass that you can use to get consistently skins
Can't even feel bad for these retards, all they needed was a steady flow of content.

>Pirating it is fundamentally different from not buying it
Keep repeating this shit until we're all replaced by middle aged gambling addicts as the target audience for every game, I have enough physical old games to weather the future

>shitty esport meme genre
wc3 dota first launched in 2003 and was wildly popular and there was no esport industry back then

pirating is only marginally better. you're still advertising the game and telling companies you literally can't live without your manchild shit.

if you hate it so much you wouldn't play it.
>but then I'll miss out on the hot new meme trend!

They had a game which cucked fortnite for a while and they fucked it up,wow just wow

>Garbage tickrate and servers
>Patch 1.0 fucks up hit registration
>Patch 1.1 fucks up sounds
>Patch 1.1.1 doesn't actually add everything from the patch notes
Respawn Entertainment deserves to die.

Only reason it "cucked" the Fortnite was because they paid a ton of streamers to play it and inflate the view count on Twitch.

I fucking hated back then too. It was shit then and it's shit now.

Fuck you.

Apparently a game's popularity is gauged by the amount of people who watch it,not by the amount of people who play it
I want off this fucking ride

Attached: 1553550459451.jpg (771x807, 96K)

wrong, manchild. even the position that apex is in now (still top 10 btw) is only because of the initial marketing. without that, the game would have been DOA as another late entry into BR

>play apex
>feel like I die in two hits with the best armor and helmet
>enemies are bullet sponges with or without armor

Attached: 1533857148684.png (254x185, 45K)

its a beautiful reminder to USA , Europe and specially the media in these contries that ,your sjw shit and multiculturalism doesnt sell , the high player peak at release was fabricated by paid streamers i mean they fucking paid Ninja 1 million dollars , same shit that happened to Lawbreakers, Battleborn, Wolfestein, and 90% of western sjw garbage we dont want your niggers and female centered shit and this is coming from a an argie we are mostly brown and niggers and like half of the world we dont like niggers in game , movies etc or at least not when they are replacing a white or jap lead

>devs don't cater to the ADD kids with frequent useless updates or new hats or events or characters
Gee I wonder why

I'd say MOBAs have seen the most popularity they'll ever get, it's the long but gentle road down now. Where MMORPGs went.

Apex was actually an interesting experiment, I’m sure EA is satisfied with the data they gathered.

The amount of retards who thought Apex was some sort of unplanned, unceremonious “viral gem” that acrewed popularity naturally surprised me. If you could actually make a good game with staying power, this is a decent marketing tactic to get people in the door.

I feel like you're under the impression that Respawn has control of their own dev team. Unfortunately, they don't; if EA tells them to shift their efforts elsewhere, they have to do that.

My theory is that Apex has low steam viewership because it's mainly fucking kids/zoomers who watch others play games on Twitch.

The game doesn't seem very popular with that demographic group in my impression, the more cartoony and building-based Fortnite still dominating there, while just about everyone I know in their late 20s/early 30s are still playing Apex.

I for one wish my Apex addiction would calm down soon so I can play some other games again, there's only so much free time per day.

the explosive popularity was bound to fade fast as people realized its just another fucking battle royale and theres nothing particularly special about it besides its "let the game speak for itself" marketing strategy.

Attached: 1538656036198.jpg (221x286, 14K)

Zoomers view stream viewing as a form of video game popularity than actually playing the game.

>steam views indicate success

and pubg made nearly a billion dollars in revenue last year despite having fuck all twitch viewers

i cant tell if mobas are dead yet,since i'm way out of that age group/setting where most people talk about it, but i cant imagine many people actually care anymore
i think theyre reaching the same point RTS did where only the gooks care, but for mobas its chinese

fuck all viewers = always in the top 6

This is the true answer.
Why pay hundreds of thousands to put your ads on billboards and on tv when you can pay some streamers a few grand a pop to show your game to people who actually play games, don't even get me started on streamers who will advertise your game just because you gave them a free key or early access. The ROI is way better than what you can get buy paying $2000 every single time your ad shows on tv. Not sure why EA paid ninja 1 million to play apex, ninja has been in decline for a while and other streamers have overtaken him.

Add solos and duos modes. I hate playing with randoms.

Make it so that in the last circle, three Titans spawn and have to duke it out.

Apex Legends got woke and went broke. Seriously though it just got boring as fuck after a couple of days.

they still haven't added solos? what the fuck are they doing with this game?

This, just make it titan fall

This. Fucking PLAY games instead of WATCHING them you idiots.

It was a throwaway from the very start, user. It was never meant to be successful, EA just pumped a bit of money into Twitch streamers to get it some attention, which worked. It probably generated them a tidy profit but not as much as FIFA so it'll be on life support and die soon.

>stream views are equivalent to the amount of people actually playing the game
I hate zoomers so goddamn much.

Attached: download.jpg (252x200, 8K)

>Epic is going to keep getting mad dosh to keep buying the next game you want for their store until you eventually switch
>until you eventually switch
Why would I switch dumb dumb?

Attached: 879162358.jpg (600x600, 51K)

So? It's a sub par game.

He thinks you're some kind of retard who actually buys games. You DON'T buy games, right?

This. Even to those moralfags out there, Epic is paying the devs for timed exclusivity, so you shouldn't feel bad for pirating.

Attached: tenor.gif (168x246, 2.89M)

No one cares zoomers and epic shills. Take your shitty genre and twitch streams outta here

My guy I pirate Epic exlusives just to seed them, I don't even bother playing them, none worth playing.

The fucking Battlepass is 70% banners and 20% ugly skins, and it's the only content for 3 months.

THE FUCK YOU SAY TO ME YOU LITTLE SHIT

You can't and or have shit movement.

Attached: 1534347779127.gif (300x400, 946K)

Maybe try posting that again in English?

What he's saying is that the Time To Kill in Apex is pretty high, only a few weapons can two-shot you and you're mentally retarded and have shit movement if you're being two-shot.

reseterabros... how did this happen... we were supposed to finally defeat /pol/...

can't aim*

Attached: 1549199357226.jpg (637x650, 127K)

Good, the sooner these trash battle royale games die out the better. I don't even care it Fortnite survives as long as everything else around it justifiably burns to the ground.

Case in point: Battlefield V Firestorm

Attached: 1555942069787.png (646x293, 84K)

Imagine defending a game where the characters have the same amount of health and varying size hitboxes.

Imagine compering only two statistics and trying to shit post.

Dude but abilities lmao XD

back to fartnite for you

Characters with bigger hitboxes take less damage now.

I think it's like 10% less,

best quote of the day

/end thread please (pls god make this happen, doubt it tho zoomers today dam)

>the merit of a video game is now measured by how many people watch it on twitch
FUCK ZOOMERS

Why did they make the characters so fucking ugly

Attached: 1518225527926.png (613x720, 1.09M)

Zoomers have kept this punk ass shithead relevant

fuck this generation

all streaming threads should be moved to Yea Forums

Attached: 1553703149186.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

terrible idea

DON'T SMASH IT

1- classic advert techniques dont work well on Millenials and Zoomers. We barely watch tv, we dont listen to radio, fuck most of us barely watch sports. It's not like when your uncle/dad/mom/aunt/whoever would go and see the classic "Mean Joe Greene coke" commercials or even your grandma and soap operas back when they were literally sponsored by soap companies.

Internet ad revenue is down a ton. The public doesnt trust internet ads. Period. Most ads are actually clean on reputable sites, yet NO ONE other than people with dimentia click on them. And worse, practically all millenials use adblock. And when we do see them, legit ads often get reported for porn or something, which can lead to a google algorithm kicking them off a list for a while.

The ONLY way people have gotten ads to really work with us is:
>make the ad itself an experience via interaction (those viral AR games) or spectacle (streaming)
>get it put into youtube vids we watch
>make it where we HAVE to watch it to proceed with what we were doing

None are particularly great, and none are super cheap other than Twitch style deals.

This game really dropped in popularity fast

fucked

ha got emm

nigger

This wouldn't have happened if they made Pilot vs 100 losers, mode

Attached: cc859hvu7sj21.png (2028x3043, 946K)

>zoomers battling each other out over battle royal games
Post yfw you sticked long enough in Yea Forums to witness this.

Attached: 1541332922998.jpg (167x253, 13K)

i still hope they throw in an old pilot as a character

Reply to this post why you truly stopped playing:
>playing with buddies
>get to last two teams
>we all gather in bunker cuz we arn’t that great and know the last team has to come in to get to the circle
>I decide to watch door
>making a joke about something when all the sudden a wraith is staring me in the eyes
>I sit there slack jawed then open fire
>she zooms off at a million mph
>scream to my team to get deeper in the bunker and close their doors
>firing my gun down the hallway
>teammates lay fire as the speeding wraith zooms down the hallway shooting at nothing
>despite not even aiming at them both my teammates are downed
>I switch to my peacekeeper because fuck it I only will get one shot
>see wraith speeding outside the glass of my room like a kicked up hornet
>burst out the room and shoot somehow hitting her
>as I go up to shoot her a meek pathfinder walks into bunker and takes aim at me
>dodge and look to kill the wraith only to notice she is somehow blindly firing while downed like a dead scorpian still trying to sting
>while attempting to fight the pathfinder who isn’t hacking the little shit of a wraith is able to finally hit me with her gun while downed
>name was LinWung58476299 or some shit

Basically FUCK GOOKS AND FUCK HACKERS. Always region lock games.

>Friends are suggesting I try it out since their third member is logging off soon for the night
>Download the game
>Dicking around in training
>Immediately notice there are distinct tiers among the weapons and weapon types
>Get invited to a game with friends
>Spend 99% of the match wandering around in buildings listening to my friends say all the loot sucks and speculating whether or not people have been here
>Get to be one of the last three teams standing: I haven't fired my weapon once
>We turn a corner and get burst down by snipers
>Friends excuse the loss on loot luck
>Queue up for another match
>Land
>Go to an area
>Immediately get slaughtered by people who landed there and found a bunch of shotguns
>Friends excuse the loss on loot luck
>Thank my friends for playing but say I have other things to do
>Log off game
>Never play it again

Attached: 1555123399278.jpg (1024x576, 79K)

>Fortnite started with the "diverse" character models up front in promotional material
>Now some of them are rarely even in material anymore; the attractive white & asian people are front and center

fuck does it matter

Solo mode
Add a lot more ziplines and walls
Add double jumping and wall running

>the battle pass was shit
>no new weapons just a new chara
>the contracts with the streamers have ended.

mmmh i wonder why

Good. Fuck anything that makes EA any money. Hopefully you faggots stop shilling it too.