Civ declares war on me so they can steal my land and resources

>Civ declares war on me so they can steal my land and resources
>manage to repel the attack
>but when I send my forces to take their cities and teach them a lesson suddenly I'm the bad guy

Attached: bismarck-of-germany-sid-meiers-civilization-v-32468-1920x1200.jpg (1920x1200, 444K)

I remember one time in Civ 6 me and Norway were stuck in an eternal death struggle, I actually tried to take them out to no avail until we got nukes. Everyone died. 10/10 game.

As soon as war breaks out between you and the AI diplomacy is dead for the rest of the game.

>rush nukes
>build a fleet of nuclear submarines
>station one within striking distance of each capital city
>if anyone ever declares war for any reason I launch the nukes and then send my ground forces in to burn their cities

Attached: dredd.gif (500x281, 166K)

>civ builds city one tile inland
>have to use infantry to capture instead of a melee ship
Why do they do this? There is literally no disadvantage to settling on the coast.

You mean besides being vulnerable to capture by naval units?

>OP whines about this but hates Civ 6 with a even though it fixes all those problems

You can get bonus production, gold, food and happiness from a coastal city which you use to build defences.

>Play random Civ V game
>Start out as the Chinese
>Quite content on growing my tech and chill for a while
>Some Zulus start spreading around the continent
>I tell him to back off, he shrugs it off
>Builds a city right next to me
>I build two superior units and take his newly settled city
>Dumbass had his cities all right next to each other
>Take each one by one
>Get a taste for conquest
>Elizabeth annoys me so I take Nottingham.
>She gets scared and offers me a city to call a truce. I take the offer since she gave me a city on the other side.
>Park all my units around her city waiting for the ten turns to end. Devour her
>Eventually spec into naval warfare and take the the next island. Even take a city state just because.
>Found Confucianism to get more happiness
>Slowly build to compensate for all the unhappiness
>Eventually sit around building forces and money whilst researching into ocean travel
>Get ocean travel before everyone else
>Immediately move all my forces to the other continent everyone else was on
>They're all squeezed in and fighting each other
>They have no idea how powerful I actually am
>Invade Genghis khan whilst he's invading someone else
>Left all his cities unguarded like an idiot. I take them all make couple to be puppets because i dont need possession.
>now surround the last two civs.
> literally attack the middle city by both sides. A swarm of trebuchet, archers, and soldiers
>Take the capital first try.
>Split my forces and take the cities above and below
>Final guy just has two cities on the bottom of the map but, oh shit he almost achieved a religious victory
>No chance. I send a whole island of units down and he's gone within four turns.
And that is how China took over the world today.

Nah the problem of not being able to punish AI aggression without a major diplo hit still exists. Even with GS grievances, the situation usually results in your inflicting more grievances on them

>playing as china
>not solving all problems with crossbows

>>She gets scared and offers me a city to call a truce
Cool story.

>Civ declares war on me
>ask how much it will cost me to get them to fuck off
>"there is no way to make this work"
>wellalrightythen.wav
>several turns later
>their army is ruined, I've taken three of their cities and am preparing to march on the capital
>ask how much they're willing to pay me to fuck off
>"oh god please take everything, just stop"

Attached: 1950637208456.png (443x231, 46K)

Not only her. Everyone did eventually.
But I had two full contents of cities by the last two and I was just like: "nah. Eat double shot crossbow motherfuckers."

You just need to become the only superpower, then everyone will be sucking your dick.

America and other civs tried bully me once in Civ 5. I annihilated them and their dumb mechs with nukes and the beta civs started worshipping me.

>pretend all the Civ leaders are immortal demi-gods
>whenever I take a Civ's last city I imagine my leader and their leader having a superpowered shirtless fist-fight in the rain amid the burning ruins of the city
does anyone else do this?

Attached: 1359846475031.png (682x597, 17K)

>early game
>form an unofficial team with 2 or 3 other Civs
>they inevitably start amongst each other in the mid game and you just want your bros back but they keep asking you to take a side

Attached: 1950637208455.jpg (436x291, 20K)

no

o-oh

What're you on about, only the French thought Prussia/Germany was the bad guy after the Franco-Prussian War.

Believe it or not I was making an actual video game thread, not a thinly-veiled discussion of the Franco-Prussian War.

Not the fist fighting part but immortal Demi gods yes
Also am I the only one who enjoys island maps, I like to pretend it's a post apocalyptic scenario where all technogical advancement has been lost and the Demi gods arise and model themselves after historical figures basically LARPing

That's no inaccurate
Because you aren't doing it right. You only get war monger penalties for certain things. You are stealing cities, that gives you a war monger penalty. You know what doesn't, actually negotiating for a city through peace talks. It's harder to get the AI to agree to but the point is that they did agree to it and now you can go back to peace times where you don't hate each other. When in a war you need to decided what your goal and actually work towards it. You can't just randomly kill everyone and take every city, that's braindead why would you want it to work that way? And what because they declare war on you you think that justifies stealing 5 cities? And you wonder why other civs look at you like "what the fuck is that guy doing"? The only people this shit is really an issue with is people who hate war mongers which makes sense. Even with them if you do shit to improve your relationship in other ways the warmonger penalty doesn't matter and slowly fades away.

On top of negotiating you can also return captured cities without incurring a warmonger penalty. You can pay other civs to go to war for you without getting one. And if you really want to be a warmonger go for it, you just actually need the military to back it up. Get a pile of nukes and pussies start bowing to you. There are so many solutions but dumbasses like you get mad that they can't annihilate another civ over a border skirmish without consequences. If that's what you want just play on baby difficulty.

>accept trade deal
>FWUHAUHAUHAUAHUAHAUHAUAHUAH

Attached: muhmali.png (616x645, 436K)

>Civ V
>Religious victory
Uh huh.

>Civ V
>Playing as Poland (didn't know how broken they were at the time)
>Want to go for a diplomatic victory
>Start next to SEVEN (7) fucking salt
>Pull way ahead of everyone because Poland and all that fucking salt Jesus Christ
>Persia to the south of me starts spamming missionaries
>Just want to keep my religion in my own borders
>Starts sending great prophets and shit
>Constant stream of missionaries and the occasional great prophet
>Get really fucking pissed and decide to take him out even though I just want a diplo victory
>Continued to try and send missionaries even in the middle of war
>Conquer him, Egypt to the south starts pulling the same shit
>Get enraged and take them out too
>The moment I'm done with Egypt, Norway from ACROSS THE FUCKING SEA starts doing the same shit
>Roll my now massive, technologically advanced army all the way across the ocean and take him out
>Find out that the Mongols have been eating up city states that I kind of want to use for my diplo victory
>At this point I'm so fucking sick of the AI I just steamroll the entire other continent
>Leave their capitals for last just so I can utterly wipe out their civs before I win the victory
I never asked for this

Attached: Louie eyes.png (323x254, 164K)

You're only the bad guy if you lose.

yes israel is the bad guy.

>Decide to have a more peaceful and diplomatic playthrough
>full turtle mode
>explore the world and discover the other civs
>haha time for diplomacy
>the only faction who will be your friend is a rapid warmonger

Attached: disgustedlegoknight.jpg (211x193, 8K)

>start new game
>I want a peaceful game with diplomatic and scietific victory, decide I'll try to get along with everyone
>encounter Ghandi
>oh boy here we go
>talk shit about me left and right
>denounces me
>demands gold and resources
>finally declares war
>I was prepared for this, so immediatelly launch an all out offensive
>my armies smite down the enemy with righteous fury in hearts
>he's asking for peace
>I was betrayed too many times before and know there will be no peace until Ghandi is wiped from the face of this world
>when he has only Delhi left he makes one final plea
>I brutally murder Ghandi, cleanse his people with fire, and salt the ground
>there is finally peace, and I turn my face to other leader, hoping we can coexist peacefully now
>they all hate me, except for Theodora who begs for mercy
>I realise that by attempting to destroy evil I have become evil myself and no longer deserve peace
>accept my grim fate, and continue to wage war against the whole world
>no matter how much I conquer, nothing can fill the void in my heart
>mfw

Fucking Ghandi.

Attached: 1478585916257.jpg (1280x1707, 864K)

Get to claim more relevant tiles as territory instead of shitty deep ocean.

>Taking walled cities in Vox Populi is a pain in the ass unless you encircle them
>Go to take Paris
>It's on a lake
>Surround city
>Can't get encirclement bonus because can't build a ship to put on lake and embarked units don't count
>Have to do a long, painful siege with Skirmish troops

Attached: IMG_4122.jpg (1725x1129, 180K)

Civ is SHIT

You get around this by dominating their military untuil they give you their cities in a peace treaty

>YFW the Alexander introduction cutscene plays
My least favorite Civ in history I swear

Attached: NO STEPP.gif (255x170, 676K)

>playing Poland on Deity because fuck the AI
>all types of victory possible, 14 Civs
>small map, a single continent surrounded by sea
>there is place for 3-4 cities per Civ maximum
>no city states because they make diplo victory, even on Deity, a joke
>quickly became friends with Egypt, Sweden, Norway and England, so far so good
>Great start with a shitload of resources and also Poland, so I quickly become the top dog of my alliance
>suddenly Alexander starts amassing an enormous army on my borders. He has already killed 2 Civs and is getting fuckhuge
>fight off the ridiculously overpowered Greeks in 2 defensive wars and 1 offensive one that lasted for 3 eras
>they finally die by combined might of me and my allies
>I have 8 cities now, cool
>all the time I was spreading my religion (founded one) to my allies >didn't really bother with exploring since I have so many good neighbours, but somehow met everyone first
>world congress is active, I am the chairman
>I choose order as my ideology and my allies follow suit, soon we make it the world ideology, all is smiles and rainbows
>suddenly notice that there are only a few Civs voting in world congress
>HOLY FUCK, RUSSIA JUST ATE HALF THE WORLD IN AN INSTANT
>they have 22 cities and double my score (which was huge compared to my allies)
>also, they developed nukes
>they also control all the uranium on the map
>Japan, the last neutral Civ, gets nuked and eaten by Catherine
>Russian tanks gather on the border
>they attack my alliance and nuke 2 friendly capitals, we are fucked
>however, the next turn the first vote for the world leader starts
>I have world ideology, world religion, I am a chairman, and I have extra votes from diplomats
>1 vote over the minimum
>diplomatic victory

Fuck Russia.