Imperator: Rome releases in 3 days. No hyop?

Imperator: Rome releases in 3 days. No hyop?

store.steampowered.com/app/859580/Imperator_Rome/

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/imperator_rome_preorder
youtube.com/watch?v=XYRt_jGqA2c
wingamestore.com/product/10164/Imperator-Rome/
paradoxplaza.com/imperator-rome/IMIM01GSK0000001-MASTER.html
youtube.com/watch?v=MHKEs228NBc
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>make a hybrid of three decent games
>pick the worst aspects of each game
>remove everything else, leaving a hollow husk of a map painting simulator
>make the setting as boring as possible by limiting start and end dates to the dullest period in recorded history with the dullest "nations"
>Paradox DLC policy
Yes, instant winner right here.

Okay dude.

>playing paradox games at launch
Don't do this.

>neo-Paradox
>hype
:v)

Attached: 1554128976425.png (507x464, 40K)

Can Sarmatia form Poland?

>to the dullest period in recorded history with the dullest "nations"
Don't you insult my wife Carthage like that, you slut.
I just want to fuck the romans over. Why does Johan have to ruin the one chance I have to do that in I don't know how long?

"released" is a vague state. In 2019 you should ask if it's playable. With the stuff paradox shits out it's usually release+3years until it starts resembling something finished (more or less)

Preach it, Carthagebro.

I'm surprised "grand strategy" games are still popular

>non-fantasy grand strategy game
>set in the most boring time period in history
It's like they don't want anyone to play it.

Why? There's nothing else like it. The closest thing you have are total war games but those games' have been getting more and more streamlined.

It looks an awful lot like a certain EU4 mod. No hype here.

I'm not buying shit from Steam

Talk me out of pre-ordering this,

Tiananmen Square

It's going to be a mana spending simulator

Attached: mana.png (1346x393, 54K)

It's a paradox game, meaning it won't be a fully fledged game before the 10th DLC hits the shelves.

gog.com/game/imperator_rome_preorder

Can't wait to stop the anglo menace before they grew forth. Britannica shall burn.

Explain.

The rewards for pre-ordering are negligible, and it's Johan at the helm, the man responsible for half of every bad decision ever made on EUIV's development. Why not wait, user? Why not give it time to figure out if the game is really worth your money or not?

I could understand that they wanted to be closer to EU4 but "from now on".
Lazy fucks, were are the Vicky 2 develpers?!

Its one of those games where you can just pick it up and win. Like in HoI4 you just need to spend your mana, it doesnt matter how long as the mana keeps flowing.

Attached: 8dd106a354ad2c94b2145dedffbd17abf5fe82e46b0faa5dff2d607a853815b2.jpg (472x472, 35K)

I'm not buying shit from GOG

BUT I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS PONTUS

why not?

I could have made better AI than that in Hearts of Iron 4. I wish I was being a hyperbolic child about that but I know I could make AI that makes better strategic decisions than that in the ultimately extremely simple map painter games that Paradox makes.

*respectfully disagrees*

>parajew games
lmao, unplayable unless you pirate, which is what you should always do anyways with a disgusting company like Paradox

Attached: 1536235774707.jpg (810x1023, 179K)

Looks comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=XYRt_jGqA2c

wingamestore.com/product/10164/Imperator-Rome/

I sometimes wonder what this guy is smoking.

Attached: pds johan.jpg (641x389, 78K)

That still requires steam so no.

paradoxplaza.com/imperator-rome/IMIM01GSK0000001-MASTER.html

Ok you're right, I don't want a tech demo like sengoku

>teeHee
>doesnt play, just randomly clicks around
>conquers europe

Attached: 1524383930876.png (1022x731, 643K)

Probably going to get it, have been looking for something fresher than atilla for a while. I’ll wait for the reviews after a week or so first, I don’t buy any games without actual user reviews anymore.

Its the best in that it requries 0 work to implement

Lmao Carthage got fucking smoked and deserved it

What the fuck is wrong with you, incel. Yikes.

To be fair, there's nothing inherently wrong with an abstract resource representing political capital of some sort. The implementation is the problem, it has always been the problem, it will always be the problem, but there are definitely ways to make it so that abstraction works in sensible ways.

history larps can be pretty cool even if the gameplay is shit. Certainly worht a priate.

>this obvious shilling
No, no hype. Paradox is utter trash. Pirate on release and then in two years, buy russian key for five bucks and pirate all dlc.

Stellaris is better, glad parajew took a step away from those /gsg/ autistic niggers

What was Paradox thinking, giving an early copy of their upcoming game to this dude, who uses very problematic language. Sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=MHKEs228NBc

What is he refering to when he says vicky 2 has mana?
The diplomatic thing?

monee

Dip points and tech points I assume. Which is odd, since I don't think there's a single person in the universe that enjoys Vicky 2's diplomatic points.

Sure, Rome may only have one consul, but at least you have the option of making them feminist. That's what really matters.

Attached: imper gender.jpg (621x242, 48K)

squadW

jesus christ, really? rome has one consul?

I've wasted enought time and money on stellaris, not doing that again

Fucking around with broken shit is fun though

So just like every game with gold accumulation and research points? Not to mention the numbers game of building troops to beat another number, while using manpower mana

"every game" with research points and gold accumulation usually has more going on in terms of gameplay than just painting a map.

Hard pass. It's EU4.5 and I don't like how Johan does shit.

>Yea Forums and /gsg/ will hate it out of sheer determination no matter how good or bad it is
>Yea Forums will also obsessivly play it while crying how terrible everything is
otters and watermelons

>liking Carthage
>not unifying druidic tribes and forming a great iberian nation

Attached: 1555365245377.jpg (1011x1024, 97K)

Underrated

Yeah their reason is they want you to be more attached to them rather than just random dudes kind of like minor titles I ck2

>posts a norseman attacking a christi anglo, while talking about druids in future spain
I knew frogposters were dumb, but damn, son.

The game is difficult for me..I really wanted to learn Crusader Kings 2, but, I didn't understand shit and the tutorial was garbage.

Is a square in Beijing, just outside of the Forbidden City. What about it?

that's fucking ridiculous, you can still be attached to two consuls. what else, then, are they in office for more than one year because you wouldn't couldn't possibly care about a consul who'll be gone in a year?

Attached: chineses begone.png (1400x586, 692K)

I remember when I downloaded the demo of CK2 and I thought it was garbage. Than I bought it on sale and now I have almost 1k hours. You need to watch YT guides and read the wiki. Once you understand the game its rly fun to play. You need to roleplay a lot tho. It makes the game more interesting. I would advice you to start as Irish Duke and get to the title Emperor of Albion.

there's nothing bad with having a mana tool to use in certain scenarios
what's bad is having everything hinge on mana like eu4 does

I've got some bad news for you

>1 consul
Xd

according to johan, they couldn't think of a way of playing the roman senate that was both historical and fun

>World is divided in provinces
>Each province is a county [or other named equivalent], which is a LANDED title, if you own the land it refers to, then you own the title.
>Each county has a number of baronies inside it, that can be castles [gives troops], cities [gives money] or churches [gives both], which are also LANDED titles.
>Each county is part of a larger duchy, which is a title that you can have ownership of. Having ownership of a ducal title gives you a claim to conquer every province that is part of it.
>Each ducal title is part of a larger kingdom, and each kingdom title is part of a larger Empire. They all work the same way. Dukedoms, Kingdoms and Empires are not landed.
>You play a character that has control over at least one landed title.
>You have a limit over how many landed titles you can control, everything else you need to delegate to vassals.
>You want to keep the best possible land to yourself, typically that means the counties with the most baronies under it.
>You want to develop the land YOU control directly by building castle towns [for money] and other improvements [for troops]
>You want to marry a qt fertile girl that will give you plenty of sons. If she's a genius and your children can inherit that trait, even better.
>You want to send your chancellor around to create claims on neighboring provinces, and give you a reason to go for war over them and take them for yourself.
>You want to keep doing this over and over until you have lots of lands and lots of vassals
>You want to make sure none of your vassals has too much land.
>When you die, your son takes over, and he continues with everything you have [unless you have garbage succession laws that spread your inheritance, which you should change ASAP]
>Rinse and repeat

The upcoming RotK TW must keep you up at nights.

Spot on, it was the only thing that bothered me about the game, especially annoying when playing a country that need it a lot.
Are they really this stupid? picking the worst things of the previous games?

I actually don't mind this option, it shuts op people who complain about it so they can play the fantasy version and people who want historical accuracy can play their style.
All those female generals though.

Crusader Kings II has the most beautiful UI I've ever seen in a strategy game. I really look forward for the next game the person in charge of that works on, for that reason alone if nothing else.

??? Ck2 ui is incredibly shit though. It's really hard to control central stuff like how many lands a certain vassal owns and compare him to the rest.

What do you mean, user? You can visualize how much land a vassal holds on the map directly with modifier keys
Though when I say beautiful, I mean it literally. The art design for it is incredible, far better than any other Paradox game I've ever played, and I'd say better than any strategy game I can think off the top of my head, too.
>and then you play EUIV and open the Aztec Religious Screen

Holy fucking shit, I just watched some footage for the first time and it's literally EUIV reskinned for roman times.
How fucking lazy can they get

Attached: moot.jpg (760x596, 168K)

nigger I wish EU4 had actual population mechanics

grand strategy games attract a lot of low iq individuals because they actually require very little strategy.

>The fucking gender equality bandwagon from Rome II
>Well at least they made it an option guise!

Dropped, for the sole reason that this exists.

>mana simulator
Nah, ck2 mods are getting updated, so I'm playing that

Didn't one of the bigger EU4 mods decide to abondon that dumpsterfire and promise to rebuild it in this game. Hopefully it will be easily moddable.

>one (1) consul
>five (5) years
Fuck off back to paradox plaza, shill

Johan lives in some loopy bizarro world.
>all those dislikes
When even your own forum of bootlickers disagrees like that you should know something's off

From what I can tell there is way more options in Rome, because the older titles are really bad when it comes to dynamic scripting aka saving/creating your own variables and arrays for stuff which obviously makes a lot of mods outright impossible in older games. MEIOU is a fucking wonder in terms of how they got their systems to work in that old dysfunctional piece of shit. It would be neat if it had the same GUI modding capabilities as HoI 4, too, there would be so much potential in that.