What's the worst vidya related opinion you've ever heard?

What's the worst vidya related opinion you've ever heard?

Attached: 1529871078672.jpg (718x666, 46K)

super mario 2 is good game

easy

Attached: ACfag.png (1920x2400, 869K)

one time i heard some cuck said knack was a good game

2b butt is small.

RE Engine is the same engine as Monster Hunter World

every game needs an easy mode

But you can skip Bayos cutscenes

Attached: 1544170178853.png (956x1242, 125K)

Far too many to for me to even come up with a specific example but I always love the contrarians who will take a game routinely described as one of the best of all time and saying that that game isn't just overrated but actually terrible

Someone said that the Plague Knight campaign from Shovel Knight is the worst one out of the three because it has bad mechanic and the control is clunky.

multiplayer was a mistake

Attached: Totally Safe For Work.png (1024x768, 123K)

I haven't played it, but it sounds like Katamari. Why is it so bad?

>New Vegas is one of the best RPGs

its like katamari but if it was a platformer and a tech demo at the same time

That sounds fun

its really not

>you still play X game? bro its so dead... you should move on to Call of FIFA 2020
>Mario 64 is fucking based!!!
i have some wierd friends

Attached: 1516146599918.gif (800x371, 125K)

This man is based and not wrong though

Blue board

Attached: 1555306433699.gif (260x195, 653K)

>Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark Souls

Attached: 1555438832720.png (209x155, 70K)

Attached: 1543551035059.png (392x441, 204K)

>"NOOO YOU NEED PLAY THE [inset series] IN RELEASE ORDER"

Attached: oh.jpg (567x523, 38K)

That bloodborne is a good game

Attached: 1554306245977.jpg (267x323, 7K)

blue board, retard

I'm that guy with the Drakengard/Nier series

Ocarina of time and every tloz are boring as fuck

Attached: 1502685688545.jpg (219x265, 10K)

He loves Knack. I think he'll keep saying it.

Attached: 1549061374682.png (240x221, 68K)

>It just works

People keep thinking that subjectivity is a valid reason for enjoying something.
Subjectivity means that what you enjoy and what's good are two different things.
So if you're using subjectivity as an excuse for enjoying something, you're saying "It's not good but I enjoy it anyway"
If it's not good, that's a reason to stop enjoying it!

Attached: this.png (318x304, 2K)

Anything from Joseph Anderson
>Soma is not a horror game
>Don't Starve is horror because it has perma death
>GoW has a great story
>Silent Hill 2 is uninteresting
>Persona 5 is good
The guy is like a living irony.

I used to like this guy but he really fell off once he released that Mario video. After that he's awful
Also he played SH 2 for the first time in a stream, reading chat, with his wife and kids in the room, in the day time

town made him stupid

Objectively wrong.
>If it's not good, that's a reason to stop enjoying it!
Enjoyment is a feeling, not a decision.

I genuinely like myself some bad games. If they're trashy enough they can spark a laugh, I could give them a shot. The problem rises when fags state something's good because they enjoy it. But hey, no fault in ironically enjoying stupid shit sometimes

I don't find Silent Hill 2 interesting either but what fucking wavelength do you have to be on to tolerate Persona 5's story over it?

I don't know, ask joseph. He's a strange guy

blue board

>Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time

>no fault in ironically enjoying stupid shit sometimes
Completely true but I'm trying to make a point about subjectivity not being a justification and you saying that even bad things have some redeeming qualities (which they do) is a counterpoint to BAD THING BAD.

Attached: cantdisagree.jpg (576x400, 144K)

A friend of mine hates dark souls but loves lords of the fallen.

What the hell

Just browse Yea Forums every day like I do and it's basically raining them. What kind of stupid fucking pointless thread is this?

are you that weird guy who likes dark shit and stuff?

>Enjoyment is a feeling, not a decision.
Having a feeling once is out of your control, and might just be an accident or something you couldn't see coming.
Continuing to have that feeling over a long period of time when you know there are better feelings available is a choice.

Every time I see somebody insist that DaS2 is anything but the worst nu-FROM game, I gain several gray hairs.

I like dark shit but OoT is my favorite

epic

Retard

>7th gen is worse than this gen because it STARTED all of the shitty practices
I don't get this argument. It's lwanting to be fucked over by everyone and everything because the alternative because getting fucked over a few times wasn't enough.

Thank God these people don't come on Yea Forums

>Continuing to have that feeling over a long period of time when you know there are better feelings available is a choice.
Wait, do you genuinely believe this?
So all the people who can't get over their crush are simply "making bad choices?"

People don't choose whether or not a food tastes good or they like a song or they enjoy a game. They choose to engage with those things or not, but they don't choose their feelings. Nobody does.

Attached: 1543150085940.png (491x585, 56K)

>So perhaps there's simply an issue in my argument that you don't want to see, the issue being that I'm right
Based

Bayonetta's Cinematics clash with the gameplay. I get that you can't have spectacle fighter without spectacle, but you also need fighter, and cutscenes are not fightan.

>If your game isn't interesting after I rip out everything but the gameplay, then it's not a good game.
Correct. Sometimes story can even bring good gameplay down, as with Huniepop.

>Fun cannot exist without challenge
Technically false. Fun cannot exist without -victory-, and for victory to be meaningful it usually involves challenge. But sometimes you're playing a game, and the opposing guy or the opposing team makes a play so fucktarded that you laugh your ass off as you cash in your free win.
You have learned nothing and you were not challenged, but it was fun anyway.

The AM2R guy is objectively correct.

What is Fallout: New Vegas
What is Bioshock
What is Twilight Princess

Retard

New Vegas has strong writing to fall back on
Bioshock I actually agree but I never finished because I was bored
Twilight Princess people don't often call a GOAT game

>So all the people who can't get over their crush are simply "making bad choices?"
Yes, and I have no idea why the flying fuck they keep making those choices when they could just get a waifu.

>People don't choose whether or not a food tastes good
You can voluntarily find a food distasteful if you try. What you can't do (or at least I can't do) is enjoy food at will.
>like a song
100% completely your choice. Find something you dislike about the song. Every song has something. Focus on it until you dislike the entire song.
>enjoy a game
Also 100% completely your choice.

Enjoying something might be hard. So I'll give you that - you can't voluntarily -give- yourself a feeling, or at least to do so requires skills that I personally don't have.
You also probably can't avoid a sense of disgust from eating rotten food, and I guess not from shit music and shit games either. You can suppress it but I guess it's still there.
So I retract my more general "you choose your feelings" point

But what I still stand by is that -enjoying- things is a choice. You can ALWAYS find a reason to not enjoy something, and you can ALWAYS focus on it until that one thing is stronger in your mind than the other qualities.

Thanks, you too.

I mean, just ... practice hating things. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

That dude in a steam comment who said human's only see 20 frames per second or something like that, seen the screen cap a couple of times

I still don't understand.
>You can ALWAYS find a reason to not enjoy something, and you can ALWAYS focus on it until that one thing is stronger in your mind than the other qualities.
Even if this is true, why is it worth the effort? If you enjoy a song or a game, and even if it's possible to learn to hate it, why should you? They seem to already be satisfying their primary goal.

I can understand holding a contention against people pointing solely to enjoyment when saying a game is good, but for some reason you think the mere enjoyment of a "bad" game is inherently bad.

fuck you

I think I can allow the continued existence of vidya, vidya movies, and even movies. I fail to see the conflict, I really do. If a game doesn't interest you, don't play it, and don't whine about it.
>Hurr durr, remember the old PAC MAN - I don't even like 2D arcade, but I have to whine about it for decades!

random encounters are good

Attached: 1543816122960.jpg (1024x1008, 586K)

>tfw they catered the game to this type of player

Attached: wowcommunity4.png (776x136, 93K)

>Massively Multiplayer Online
>Why are there people

Doom, Wolfenstein, all fallout games, resident evil, undertale, BOTW are all pretty bad games

>but for some reason you think the mere enjoyment of a "bad" game is inherently bad.
... Huh. I guess that is unfounded. I guess I have been aiming pretty far away from the point.
Right, changing my mind.
"You shouldn't support bad stuff and you should support good stuff even if your personal tastes aren't in sync with them" is my new opinion.

I agree. Gotta head out now, though. Rare to see any effort in articulation on here so appreciated the discussion. People like you make this place a better board.
Cheers.

Attached: 1536209419579.png (301x267, 88K)

>Resident Evil: Code Veronica was a good game.

See you in three days

Attached: 1510333140402.jpg (287x284, 25K)

I loved it back in the day but it has aged like shit.

It was terrible when it came out.

>Ugly 3D environment that aged poorly instead of a pre-rendered background
>Story was retarded even by RESI standards
>Completely and utterly tone deaf to the point where we had Umbrella zombie Auschwitz complete with zombie Mengele in a game made by the Japanese of all people
>A focus on action without the change in control and camera schemes that made RESI 4 work
>Respawning enemies without event triggers
>The shared inventory and character switching means it's possible to completely shaft yourself item wise by leaving one character with certain weapons or items when another needs them
>Uninspired enemies and crappy bosses, even for a RESI game
>Everything about Steve fucking Burnside

>>Completely and utterly tone deaf to the point where we had Umbrella zombie Auschwitz complete with zombie Mengele in a game made by the Japanese of all people

What are you, a triggered snowflake?

No, it just feels so out of place to have video-nasty exploitation-tier stuff like that showing up in what was previously a cheesy, B-movie tier horror series. It's also the fact that it's a literal recreation of Auschwitz rather than just a prison camp where people often die in experiments. It just seems strange and out of place for the series.

>He doesn't understand why the Japs making a parody of Nazi war crimes is hyporcitical

Attached: 1509407004655.gif (1064x589, 981K)

>stories are more important than gameplay

"games age"

Everyone's committed war crimes.

Its the victors who don't become knowledge in the history books though.

Breath of the wild is a masterpiece
How could a game that's not even good be a masterpiece.

>how dare people criticise my open world trash with fuck all enemy variety and a pain in the ass weapon durability system with no dungeons that dares to call itself a zelda game

But Skyrim is terrible

Literally CUTSCENES BAD: the compilation

"Mobile games are the future."

My roommate, last year.

Given how many billions are spent on gacha games he was onto something

I dunnow, I never discuss vidya seriously with anyone, and discard most opinions I hear around here.

i really hate capitalism.

>"I liked the DmC reboot!"
>"To be honest I just think the fans kneejerked over the colour of Dante's hair"
>"I didn't play the previous games though"
I had to spend like 6s trying to formulate a reasonable response.

Nonsense. You can rationally acknowledge that something is badly designed or could be exexuted better and still enjoy it. You can't just decide to like something or not.

Here's the thing: he wasn't talking about mobile games in terms of their success or influence. He was speaking about them in terms of eclipsing other games in quality.

>stop liking things I don't like just by forcing yourself to hate it! It's easy!

Attached: lol.png (1062x805, 139K)

>support good things even when your taste isn't aligned to them
How do I support "good" things I don't like/care for?