Sekiro Update Announcement Thread

>buff on all meme comtbat arts
>notice me senpai.axe
>monk kick nerfed to oblivion
>shitbimaru buff
whadaya guys think

Attached: Sekiro Update thread.png (797x815, 604K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gWDCVxThvaU
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/pSbI04ELTYA/
youtube.com/watch?v=7Vo1oOKFtLc
sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/Prayer Beads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Sword-Saint Isshin PePe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

>balance patch for a single player game

Attached: 1471281055725.png (680x445, 521K)

Attached: owl(father) pepe.jpg (1125x1080, 806K)

>don't play game right when it comes out
>game gets rebalanced so you never get to truly play it
I hate it

Attached: Oni of Hatred PEPE.jpg (1051x1080, 761K)

Who gives a shit? It has no PvP or replayability. The only reason I'll ever pick the game up again is because of DLC.

>adjusted spirit emblem usage to encourage usage and diversity
I FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT THE SYSTEM WAS SHIT AND THEY NEEDED TO CHANGE IT. Just glad to see I was right, but I'm sure the drones will pretend like they always felt this way

what the fuck are they doing wasting time on this? literally everyone has already beaten this one trick pony game and moved on. start working on the next thing dumb nips

>implying balance doesn't matter just because it's singleplayer
absolute brainlet

Attached: Sekiro Ape PEPE.jpg (559x1078, 341K)

>he thinks balance is somehow unimportant just because a game is single player

Attached: 1535992908505.jpg (591x716, 28K)

>crutch babbies booty blasted they've been demoted to Games Journalist tier

im actually gonna try one mind to vergeil all those mofos

Attached: see you ashina shinobi.jpg (563x449, 126K)

put a smug pepeface on the owl and its perfect

Attached: 1513393814362.jpg (500x473, 24K)

He has actually been the only one to actually break my spirit.

>Lazulite and Sparking Axe supposedly getting an emblem cost reduction
This is all I wanted

Attached: 1541707651568.jpg (600x338, 32K)

Pretty cool, I like the idea of single player games getting patches like this even if it does seem odd. I'll be going back and playing the game again after I clear up my backlog so it'll be nice to look over and try some new things

I hope this means they're working on an expansion, otherwise this is pretty pointless.

play like you play DaS
literally DaS tier boss

Balance patches for a single player game are a slippery slope that almost always leads to anything that could be considered "OP" getting nerfed into oblivion and never brought back to normal levels, even when something more broken gets added via DLC. Unless the game is a horrendous mess in terms of balance (Shin Megami Tensei IV), single player games don't need balance patches unless you're autistic and wear diapers.

this
>Shin Megami Tensei IV
what happened to SMT4? can you elaborate

I already completed second half of NG and first half of NG+ without prosthetics at all.
Right now i have fun with Sabimaru, so kinda nice.
Using combat arts/prosthetics outside of feather is gay.

Attached: IcJb9N05iUY.jpg (1477x1671, 367K)

Should have been like this to begin with. All this shit was horribly broken and you know it.

>a bunch of hypotheticals and what-ifs
>a bunch of maybe this could happen
Alright guy-who-definitely-hasn't-played-a-FromSoft-game. I'll stick with the absolute brainlet comment.

That's what I figured, the problem is I just can't seem to be able to dodge two attacks he does, the one where he throws a path of fire in front of him after the sweep and the one where he throws a bunch of fireballs.

that's cool, gonna play it again later

Seems good. I still feel like most of the prosthetics are too situational and I rarely used anything outside of the shuriken to interrupt and close gaps, the firecrackers for crowd control and the umbrella to block some fire/terror attacks.

I just wished that combat arts could be mapped to the face buttons (i.e. L1 + X, O, Square and Triangle) but then again most of them are ass and I pretty much always just use double jumanji

It doesn't really look like anything got nerfed except maybe high monk and if anything it seems like they just distributed the posture damage more evenly throughout the follow up combo.
Seems like they just brought under powered arts up to a more reasonable level. There was no reason to use most of the emblem cost combat arts outside of styling. The question is if they buffed them enough (and I suppose not too much either, but I really doubt they're overpowered). They invested resources into implementing these tools in the first place, the player has to go out of their way to spend resources to acquire them, balancing them should absolutely be a priority. Don't act like balance patches in a single player game are somehow inherently pointless because you've been burned in the past.

>no purple firecracker buff
Does ANYONE use it?

On the one hand, the nerf to Blazing Bull is completely deserved, because he is an goddamn monster on NG Bell Demon No Charm.

On the other hand, oh boy I am glad I finished that run when I could annihilate Genichiro and phase 1 Isshin with High Monk.

Attached: 20190420232356_1.jpg (1920x1080, 463K)

>throw the firecrackers out to crowd control some enemies
>takes too long to explode and get smacked in the face

what is the point. i suppose you could use it from far away while enemies are still approaching you, but it just seems dumb as hell

no1..

man they should've added no charm + bell demon achievements
after i got all achievements i didnt bother playing more NG
maybe i shud

Attached: fe8rcrcr7hp21.jpg (552x768, 71K)

>PvE
laughingsluts.jpg

>using emblems on prostetics instead of using it on arts like ashina cross
sasuga shinobi

I already platinumed the game.

>costs 3~4 a move
aw hell naw

me2
but i might play if they nerfed some ridiculous emblem costs on meme combat arts

Flame vent especially with living weapon is actually incredible and despite what you might expect works on the vast majority of enemies (including bosses) in the game. Does a shitload of vitality damage, freezes their posture recovery and most of them are stunned for seconds when burn procs. I didn't use it at all on my first playthrough but it defined my NG bell demon no charm run and I'll never not use it on replay.
NG bell demon no charm is the real shit, NG+ could be replaced with a boss rush and be far better for it.

Path of fire : jump to avoid path of fire then follow up with grappling hook.

Fireball : just spiral around him while sprinting. As long as you stay more or less perpendicular to fireballs initial trajectories they will all miss you.

>he doesn't like fighting with a flaming sword
Yiik

>no better way to grind skill points
sick

Attached: 1415643046981.jpg (379x279, 22K)

That's the one I use the most. (100% achievement and bell + no charmed the game)

>YIIK
do ppl actually unironically play that shit game?

that one is pretty crap. i feel like they looked at niohs living weapon and wanted somthing similar but delivered something really fucking underwhelming.

I'm already using the spirit emblem mod so whatever. Ashina Cross is literally free to use in the mod and its fun spamming that shit

developers get paid to "maintain" games for 4-5 months after launch, so unless there are serious issues they just fart around.

>senpou combat arts literally obliterated
miyazaki just add some stuns on monk fists

Attached: gotcha.jpg (540x597, 40K)

I specifically sought out a Sekiro thread to ask what the point of combat arts are, so this is good news. Think the changes will make combat arts worth half a shit? There's no reason to ever use 99% of them over your regular sword strikes and I have no fucking idea why they cost emblems

But the emblems cost is the least of their problems. The real issue with the combat arts is that, outside of a couple situational ones, there's absolutely no reason to use them over the normal attacks and deflects. And those situational ones just got nerfed in the patch.
I'd rather they kept the emblem cost, but buffed the vitality and posture damage significantly. The arts and combat prosthetic have such limited use in the boss fights without being able to replenish the emblems, that they might as well be buffed to be your secret weapons to turn the tide on the opponent.

>nerfing high monk
yea i wont be getting this patch bros, feels good to be a pirate

i think that would make game way to easier but point taken

Its two buttons that gives you a damage and utility buff, while the first button press already does damage. There's no reason not to use it other than laziness or ignorance

Thanks for playtesting pre-order fags

Attached: 234234.jpg (700x1000, 79K)

Floating Passage/Ichimonji cost no emblems and do vitality damage through guard, and Mortal Draw can stagger bosses out of almost any attack
Combat arts have always been good

No its just topical humor

reminder that if you didn't beat sekiro pre-patch you didn't really beat the game

yw don't let hulk hogan discourage you padawan

reminder that if you upgraded healthbar or increased attack damage
must delete save file and play whole new play
with no upgrades

>Not nerfing fireworks

That's the only change that this game really needs, though I'm glad to hear that Blazing Bull won't be such a sponge anymore

People are sleeping hardcore on flame vent+living weapon, there's not much you can do to help them if they're not even willing to try it. Shit is legit the best use of emblems in the game.

I'm a fucking retard and don't understand how you're supposed to use feather

Tell me why I should give a fuck about shibimaru.

>Start up ichimonji
>Get hit
Its advantage over regular sword strikes is negligible on average mooks and you'd never use it on bosses unless they were already open for attack, making it pointless. Only Mortal Draw is decent and it's still pricey

The main benefit of double ichimonji is the posture recovery, the fact it deals decent damage is bonus

of course there is. the universally best all around art costs no emblems, does damage, recovers posture AND hit stuns enemies.

Attached: main-qimg-1ad886879a45a3b33ae11dab36e0ab47-c.jpg (400x590, 15K)

Think of it as a parry with a longer startup, but immediate chance of a counterattack.

wait is this real
are they going to continue updating shit, even tho it's singleplayer only

They basically added gameshark-tier gear/grinding-locations in the form of DLC.

>you'd never use it on bosses
its literally extremely useful on any boss with a sweep, if you were a chad and picked up mid air combat arts skill.

Not that user but SMTIV has issues with it’s early game being potentially really difficult while it’s mid and endgames are pathetically easy by comparison. It would take too long to explain everything but suffice to say you become stronger in a quadratic sense rather than a linear sense and that quadratic line starts around after you beat Medusa
Also smirk is fucking busted to hell and back

Weird, I can never get mine to work, and never get any feedback on if its using the feather or not.

The animation is really, really slow, and it doesn't stagger enemies, unless oiled preemptively, even those weak to fire. And the buff duration is really short.
I mean, sure, you do get bonus damage and possibly some free hits if you manage to build up fire status on the enemy before the buff runs out. But you might as well not bother using it against the regular enemies, because they die so fast anyway. And the bosses are pretty resistant to all status ailments, unless it's their designated weakness.

Use it if you don't know how to evade damage.
I love using it vs DoH charge/second phase aoe attack. It makes things way better.

You can still use them without spirit emblems, just some are a lot stronger when you use the spirit emblems like drangon flash. Shadowrush you still get a long range charged stab, Mortal draw you still get a longer range AOE slash, Ashina Cross you still do the two fast swipes.

It's good because it allows you to get off charged combat arts due to explosion delay.

Attached: 1529354582140.webm (852x480, 2.91M)

>zoomers think only multiplayer games deserve patches

The absolute state.

>be bad
>get hit

And yes you would ichimonji on bosses. It creates a stun pattern on bosses that have it like the Ape. When Ape goes into baby tantrum mode and slams his arms down, its the perfect time for ichimonji and has a high chance of stunning him

Throwing a huge tantrum about how single player games "don't need balance patches" is way, way more autistic.
There's a patch, it changes some things, so whatever, just deal with it. It's not like your op build in pvp is getting nerfed or anything.

i use the purple firecrackers, they're pretty fun.

Then your timing might be off. Practice against low-damage samurai. It may look like you take damage at first, but if your health bar remains the same and you teleport away, you got it.

>Nerfing the bull

Probably won't patch 6 months past release. It's QoL stuff.

Or you could just start it offline.

>nerfing bull

why
you can parry everything he does then just sidestep behind him and do piercing attack

Literally everyone was saying that the end-game arts being shit was one of the games biggest problems.

This. He's just Asylum Demon on four legs.

This is some dumb ass logic. Do bug fixes prevent you from "truly playing it"?

Yes you were the only one thinking that. You're such a unique individual with such an amazing mind. You're indeed the most special of all the snowflakes.

You still take chip damage from deflects, unless you're using the fire umbrella.
There are very few openings, and they're short, which coupled with huge health and posture make the fight a drag.

>the bosses are pretty resistant to all status ailments, unless it's their designated weakness.
They really, really aren't. Poison yes, burn no.
Even on bosses like Owl or fucking Isshin I could get burn status on at most two living weapons, if aggressive enough 1, no oil. The damage it does is excellent and it's plenty easy to find openings to use it without getting punished, when you say its really really slow I can only imagine you're thinking of the spring loaded attack which is honestly pretty easy to hit with too. It completely cheeses minibosses, often even better than firecrackers and being able to kill/stun mooks quickly never hurts in group encounters because what the fuck else are you saving those emblems for?

I'll try it. Usually I just get away with jumping through shit or dodging well but it was bothering the fuck out of me to not know how to use that shit correctly.

>nerfing high monk but not nerfing ichimonji or firecrackers
>no sen throw, phantom kunai, or spear buff

Why

That's some backwards logic.
It's all the early people's playthroughs become obsolete, because they played the "beta" version, so their experience becomes outdated.

>single player gme don't need to be balanced
this is why i can never trust fromdrones opinions. they're honestly some of the most retarded people i've come across

Attached: 1483311291466.png (173x204, 71K)

spear is already fucking godtier what are u talking about

probably piratefags to be precise
they fucking HATE updates

>bring it up
>git gud
>you're supposed to spam broken mechanics because you're a shinobi
>emblem costs are retarded on purpose

Attached: 1305363236274.jpg (313x313, 26K)

>Reduced the posture damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts "Senpou Leaping Kicks" and "High Monk"
>Posture damage dealt in the latter-half of the combo has been increased.
Does this means the follow up kicks, sword slashes and final kick would actually do decent posture damage and there's a reason to upgrade from Senpou Kicks? Or would enemy deflecting those just means this change does nothing but nerf the first kick.
If it's former I can see this being a good change since people have to now fully do the attack and there is a reason to go to High Monk but if it's latter pretty shit change.

How?

>burn status on at most two living weapons, if aggressive enough 1, no oil
Or you could just oil them up and apply burn with one vent, no living weapon.
The "sword on fire" looks cool, but not all that useful.
>what the fuck else are you saving those emblems for?
I dunno, I'm kind of a hoarder. But I rarely use the emblems for tools other than shuriken for gap closing or the corresponding elemental shield when regular deflect doesn't do the trick.

>all those emblems for barely any posture damage
mashing R1 would be alot more efficient

no one was being serious though
it was just your regular 4channel git gud shitposting

That never happened

Now he's going to preach to you about how the second last spear upgrade totally destroys the most basic mooks in the starting zones.

Reminder that if you cheesed in any way you have to destroy all your gaming hardware becuase you didn't do it in the way the director intended.
>muh honor
>muh code

reminder that if you missed 1 parry that lead to normal block
one must delete the save

except it wasn't. there's a xv-kun level autist in sekrio threads that actually think the game is the pinnacle of action games and that all the bad design decisions are bad on purpose or actually good
you were clearly never in a sekiro thread during the release week

There will be DLC, about 3 new areas. I don't know much though because the person I know didn't want to say more and I didn't want to be pushy just so that I could come here to post it in Yea Forums.

Attached: priscilla.jpg (637x960, 88K)

>Isshin's hyper armor on normal moves
Stop pulling bullshit out your ass old man.

if you played the game
you played yourself

>Does this means the follow up kicks, sword slashes and final kick would actually do decent posture damage and there's a reason to upgrade from Senpou Kicks?
There's no reason not to. High Monk and other long ass multi-hit combat arts are already worth using, because they force the enemy to just defend and eat up all of the follow-up hits. It may not be very much, but it's still guaranteed posture damage, since the enemy can't interrupt you by deflecting.

Reminder if you have ever ate food once you should kill yourself.

tfw I never got to play DS2 at launch
feels bad man

I was in threads all the fucking time my dude. I practically have had the sekiro general open in an extra tab at all times since release. The vast majority of people have been shitting on the end-game combat arts since release.

Yea his hyper armor in phase 2 is ridiculous bullshit

I've never used combat arts, ever

A few people disagreeing with you does not mean you hold a unique opinion. Generally, people thought spirit emblems were a poorly balanced mechanic. That's been quite the overarching opinion on this board starting day 1.

Doesn't mean I agree with it, I thought the costs were fine. I used a lot of prosthetics, but still ended up with 500 emblems at NG+

>Fixed certain bugs that were allowing players to access unexpected areas
speedtrannies on suicide watch more than usual

Stop mashing R1.
Start mashing L1.

I hope they don't patch out the Fake Monk quick kill because that shit is genuinely impressive.

lol stop trying to act tough, I bet you even breathe air faggot

Fucking airfags I'm telling you.

>drag update folder to main directory
>play
>PIRATES HATE IT
?????????

>nerfed bull
He wasnt even that hard what the fuck? You have unlimited sprint.

Attached: 1447568785104.jpg (878x592, 235K)

Yeah, I was thinking about that recently.
Now when we live in the digital distribution/always online era, how are those dealing with the increasing number of updates and bugfixes the games are getting?

Welcome to nu-videogames.

>tfw beat blazing bull on my first try
I'm not even that good. Is everyone a shitter or did I just get lucky?

Except the last kick in high monk combo takes ages and any boss will hit you out of it. The combo itself is shit, no pierce+slow animation dooms it.
If the nerf to first kick is the usual Fromsoft "into the ground" Sempou kicks lose their purpose entirely, as vitality damage wasn't good either.

but user, the endless epeen competition for beating boss x is multiplayer

I did I’ll share my experience
>start game
>looks like someone vomited on my screen
>put game down after maybe 2 hours and never play again

plz try it and post webm

I get what you mean about oil arguably superseding living weapon and I was thinking of bringing that up, but desu the extra damage from the flame sword doesn't hurt (all the more so if you use oil I guess) and until you get to the end of the game when oil is extremely easy to farm it too is a resource to hoard and you're a lot less likely to build up a ridiculous surplus of it unlike emblems (especially with the free 15 from the tanto).
It is true that you have to invest the skill points in living weapon, but honestly there's not much harm in doing so especially with the no charm trade off buff where you get like 17% more experience you can easily hit all the other essential skills like high monk in good time, meanwhile the entire mushin tree is basically a useless point dump.

to make t. filtered come back

>Except the last kick in high monk combo takes ages and any boss will hit you out of it.
Isshin doesn't, and he's pretty quick. Works for me.

sick

I already beat him nigger doesn’t change the fact his hyperarmor is cheap. Also your tips are bad

they either do pre-patch runs or deal with it

People still play this?

Try it on Genichiro or any ninja miniboss.

You don't?

DESU you're right user it's safe on most enemies you just have to take care to never, ever use the final hit again on bosses that actually punish you for it. Isshin phase 1 doesn't, while phase 2 (and presumably 3 would as well) did every time I tried.

DS2 at launch is the worst souls title by a mile. It feels more like a clone in vein of Lord's of the Fallen (it's still better than LotF by far). The PS4 versions were much improved but still it is the obvious black sheep.

well you are still alive

I actually went for the living force as my first ultimate skill. Not for the fire sword, but for the azure flame thingy, because it acts as a "free" confetti. Which, as I learned early in the game, was pretty much mandatory to fight the annoying Headless enemies. What I didn't foresee though, is the fact that you get easy access to unlimited confetti in the late game.

Because that fight is annoying as fuck with his high hp and him constantly running around.

Attached: 1543344806479.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

That was not a tip, it was a joke.
Anyway, how's superarmor "cheap"?

nice

Attached: ape pepe reeeeeeeeeee.jpg (750x393, 102K)

I do know I got lucky with RNG of their attacks

Attached: 1531950676883.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

it's cheap cause he can't beat it user

Attached: costanza san.jpg (894x894, 368K)

Yeah the azure flame is just a trap, total waste of lazul though granted if you're not doing NG+ the other lazulite weapons are pretty fucking inconsequential at the point you get them.

You got lucky, their regular sword slash will hit you out of last kick

I literally said I beat him fag

What's the point? People already finished ng7 without these.

Did he die?

>"Try it on this specific enemy"
>Does exactly that
>"You got lucky"
Jesus fuck man, get a grip

why the fuck would you use ichimonji on a fucking sweep when High Monk dumpsters (dumpstered) posture if used on sweep attacks?

Attached: Isshin.webm (720x404, 2.9M)

>want to use demon bell/charmless so I won't get bullied
>don't really find it fun
Am I just a shitter?

>Thought I was hot shit because nothing in the game stalled me for long
>Get to late game
>Have died more to Owl 2, Demon of Hatred, and Isshin than I probably have in every other game I've ever played in my 24 years on this Earth combined
At least Isshin is fun unlike DoH

I still think Ashina Cross is best just because of this webm

Attached: 1554967605475.webm (484x216, 309K)

Well, it's not like I'm putting some arbitrary limites on my "build" as if it was a DS pvp character or anything. I eventually upgraded all the prosthetics and learned all skills.
It's just that I, like many others, don't feel like either are worth bother over regular attacks and deflects, unless the enemy is specifically weak to them, like, for example, the shield guys.

is right, It's not a hard fight when you realize how to do it but it is pointlessly drawn out for how repetitive it is. Not a profoundly negative experience or anything but for once nerfing its HP is the right decision, at least with NG hard mode in mind.

I just cheat engined points when I finished the game and knew I wasnt gonna go all the way trough NG+, fuck grinding in a single player game

Do you not understand the concept of enemies choosing response attacks randomly?

>making the game better for free
>not good
What?

Do you have a webm of you getting hit out of the lat kick in the High Monk combo?

I know, I wouldn't mind if High Monk costed 1-2 emblems, but had armor on last kick alongside doing high damage. Would be fun. Senpou for casual sweep counters and high monk for damage.

After 30 seconds or so when I decided to just continue to next shrine.

Attached: 1524629236100.webm (960x540, 2.68M)

How the fuck do I get good? I'm getting my ass kicked by the footsoldiers, anything bigger just decimates me.

sureeeeee user

>Owl 2
Gotta be patient and chip at his health until 50%, when posture damage starts to kick in.
>Demon of Hatred
He's a Souls boss. Get in his crotch so his combos don't catch you, and deflect the stomps. When at a distance, run to the right.
>Isshin
Hesitation is defeat.

Demon of Hatred can be pretty rough just because you have to fight him completely different from anything else in the game, but if you bring along the fire shield to help against projectiles if he manages to get away from you it isn't too bad. Isshin is the perfect combination of difficult and fun, though. That's got to be my favorite fight in the entire game, I even like fighting Genichiro as the first phase.

not that user but he's right that attempting to use the final kick will get you hit more often than not with High Monk

in this webm the first combo i could've used the final kick because he decided to jump the but the second time i use it i would've gotten chunked by the sword hit i kicked instead of deflecting.

Like I said it's not a big deal, lazulite axe and shuriken are nice but ultimately pretty marginal upgrades especially in the case of axe, meanwhile lazulite sabimaru is basically only good for the okami ladies which are easy to begin with. I'd say only the shuriken is a potential game changer depending on how much you like to spam it as opposed to other things you could be using the emblems on.

Attached: lone shadow vilehand.webm (650x364, 2.89M)

Prequel in China when?

Attached: divine dragon.png (302x560, 162K)

>nerfing the High Monk
why? It was the only combat art that felt useful.

I have no reason to lie cunt sorry I think hyperarmor is gay and caused me a lot of unnecassry deaths while I was learning the fight

The sequel will be in China.
The DLC is the prequel, but it's still in Ashina/Fountainhead.

Test

kek then why are you seething so fucking hard in the first place

Isshin is 50/50. Sometime he pull hyper armor out of his ass.

>that felt useful
That's why, so make sure you use the useless ones now.

and he has no reason to believe your bs either..

youtu.be/gWDCVxThvaU
Here at 5:30 guy spamming kicks against ninja enemy gets hit out of last kick repeatedly, even after starting with firecrackers.

This just means that any% runs are going to either be changed or dropped in favor of other runs.

I want to believe

I don't think he has any on the first phase. At least when you just keep close to him.

Be aggressive and focus on their movements and try to parry everything. Holding block are for retards and will be heavily punished later on.

>they didn't fix the instant deathblow cheese for both corrupted monks
K

It's ok if you're looking to do more vitality damage and posture recovery (if you're not confident in your ability to deflect in order to not get posture broken, assuming the enemy will even capitalize on it) but yeah high monk is a vastly better counter to sweeps in most situations, not only for its ridiculous posture damage but how much easier it is than the goomba stomp with its start up iframes and huge hitbox.

What bs? That I agreed with some guy that Isshin having a lot of hyperarmor is annoying

>tfw died over 30 dies to sichimen warrior dude to SHIT terror bullshit rather than 5 times i died to owl
This fight is bull

He has one where he dash slash left to right. If he using it in middle of high monk combo you will get hit.

You have to be a bully at all times in this game unless you're fighting beasts. When you attack enemies have to block and they always have a counter that grants them hyperarmor but is easy to react to. So you attack attack attack while they block, deflect their counter, attack attack attack, etc. Harder enemies will mix things up with 危 prompts but those are just opportunites for you to do more damage.

Honestly, True Monk second phase with the fog is cancer so I'm glad it's skippable.
Plus all the branches have been put there for a reason.

lmao sit down kid

Attached: anti-air deathblow.webm (1000x562, 2.47M)

I wish it was a better move because iaido makes my dick hard as fuck.

But that's the healing punish, he only uses it at long range. If you High Monk him to punish the sweep, you're literally on top of him.

>balance patch for a single player game

Serious question: What the fuck do you think a game designers job actually is?

You think singleplayer game developers just throws in a bunch of features and mechanics into their game and then hope for the best?

Attached: 3535232342.png (476x345, 159K)

>only works with confetti on
I usually like some obscure game mechanics, but this is really not one of those cases.

Still no ultra wide support???

Drink the terror gourd, pop a divine confetti and the level 2 attack candy. They stack. Mash R1.

Because its intended you retard. If you want a harder fight just don't do the cheese.

What in the goddamn? I imagine this is the anti air deathblow thing? But as the other user said why is confeti needed? Is there an easier way other than this tactic?

Attached: Aerial Deathblow.webm (1000x562, 2.88M)

>its intended to be able to instantly kill a boss
Doubt

making phase 2 skippable is acceptable since it's just phase 1 with the time wasting cancer you mentioned, phase 1 shouldn't be and you really shouldn't be able to stunlock phase 3 so insanely easily (1, 2, firecracker repeat until out of emblems, then 1 2 fistful of ash)

THAT's what that move does? Fine, I'll buy it.

If you fix unintended values, functions and bugs you're casualizing the game user, don't you get it??

I was referring to the phase 1 deathblow which you can also do to false monk

Why put those branches there then? If they wanted you to use them for mobility only they could've used the ones you can't sit on. And i say this as someone who enjoys fighting Monk, Naginatas are my shit.

>you're casualizing the game
But the good shit is getting nerfed.

Seriously. Stop trying to be a unique snowflake using shit skills just because it makes you look like naruto.

i just checked steamspy

>Owners: 2,000,000 .. 5,000,000

HOLY SHIT

Mid air deathblow is insanely finicky and inconsistent.

Technically superarmor is not cheap but the inconsistent make it bad.
I'm going in R1 to interrupt Isshin attack because i know it safe then his superarmor come out of nowhere and kill me in one combo.

How are you supposed to get it, anyway? For me it's in the offering box for 2,500 Sen

>bunch of useless features and mechanics
ftfy

You can deathblow false monk and there's no branches there so I don't see your point
Being able to instantly kill a boss and 2 health bars of another boss is retarded

The stealth deathblows are 100% intended, there's no way in hell they would work let alone with unique animations if they weren't. That being said that makes the 'lol just don't use it' point shittier, if the developers put it in on purpose I'm gonna use it unlike something along the lines of the gyoubu/demon skip.

There's a merchant in a building by the Ashina Castle Old Grave. He dies later in the game.

What's the point of releasing balance patches to a single player game with little to no replay value?

It feels like all the skills are there to make you feel unique when R1 L1 are so powerful in comparison.

It is RNG things. Highmonk combo is pretty safe as long as he dont pull that hyperarmor move.

They are going to announce DLC soon. About regular Souls DLC size.

to hear dumbfucks bitching like you
who can't even beat the game

>its intended to be able to instantly kill a boss
You can steal kill 90% of the bosses in the game. Of course its intended you gigantic imbecile. Also the character youre playing as is a fucking ninja. Thats what ninjas do, they use stealth and cheesy tactics to fight.

The deathblow for the first phase is likely unintended because she spots you and jumps all the way over. She's not supposed to be vulnerable.

The deathblow for the second phase is definitely intended because she explicitly becomes visible if you go above the fog using the branches and she's vulnerable because she's chanelling her spell.

Holy fucking shit I can feel my heart

Attached: 20190422021810_1.jpg (1600x900, 367K)

You can't stealth kill minibosses though? You just chunk half their hp

The first two phases play almost exactly like the fight you already did except for the phantom images part in phase 2, it makes perfect sense why they give you an easy out. It would also have been easy for them to make the boss not able to be stealthed.

Why does this niggas laser of death always hit me if I am already running left or right even before he casts it, what the fuck i keep dying of terror, such shit status

Fuck i still haven't finished Sekiro. Can I play without applying the patch?

I hate this. I actually liked combat arts being useless.

gratz user
you didn't cheese by make him fall like casuals
im proud

>slowly makes the game easter with patches
Might as well add a cinematic retard mode

What is this cheese? The first corrupted monk took like 20 mins per attempt since he takes literally no posture damage, would be nice to know if I want to start ng+

Congrats, user!

Attached: 1402623960321.gif (600x417, 1.24M)

You don't instantly kill the monk, either, you just knock a couple healthbars off, so quit being stupid

what a fucking dumb opinion

you can just continue to not use them if you don't like them

>I actually liked combat arts being useless.
well not me
playing with normal slash on NG+15 gets repetitive man

>You can deathblow false monk and there's no branches there so I don't see your point
I actually didn't know about that, my bad. And it it shitty, they could've made it like the Sakura bull where your deathblow only takes off some of its vitality desu.

you're fucking retarded

Yeah, just be offline or pirate it.

Watch a speedrun of the game, basically 3x snap seeds + some ash into stealth deathblow

not everyone plays games when they come out and a lot of people like the game enough to replay it for its own merits even if it takes months or years for the urge to kick in. What is the fucking hang up with you people lmao it's like you're desperate to let everyone know how cool you are for not liking the game as much.

>Lazer
if you're close it won't hit you
if you're far, run parallel and slightly outwardsin a circle
don't know why but he can't hit you if you do that.

You can stealth deathblow the false monk who only has 1 health bar
Being able to kill a boss without it attacking once is retarded

I-I am going to beat this fat old fuck on my NG+ playthrough, h-he's easy as fuck r-right?

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE IAI TECHNIQUES?

They should patch the phase 1 one out then but I doubt they will.

It's not inconsistent, in fact it's the best way of dealing with acrobatic monks.
It's just that very few things are actually eligible for AA deathblow.
For example, aforementioned monks flip all over the place and over you, but only this specific "high jump into chopper" attack can be AA deathblow'd.

Once you figured him out Isshin isn't so difficult
Took me about 50 tries to figure him out tho

>challenges players in more than one way
>also challanges current day game conventions
>no tacked on multiplayer
>no DLC (for now), no lootboxes
>still a roaring success
But let's not kid ourselves, nobody will learn anything.

gl user hes really fun

>spend 2 spirit emblems to do the same thing you could've done with two regular hits
>but hey it LOOKS really cool!
This was a good thing to you?

Speaking of cheese, it felt so nice fighting Butterfly legit. I used the nightjar slash method the first time i killed her for my brother but on my own playthrough i fought her legit.

>one boss in the entire game
>A boss that you fight again later anyways but with 3 times the health
What a shame you weren't aborted when your parents found out you were autistic.

Didn't even knew that could happen, glad it didn't happen by accident or something.
Almost chocked at the end but managed to keep it together long enough
Thanks for the encouragement.

looks like this new IP is roaring success

>you can completely ignore the boss fight twice instead of once so its okay
retard

Pretty sure that bottomless hole actually leads to the underworld and is probably how we are going to access the dlc where we fight tomoe and takeru and bring back Genichiro to look over Ashina

>three times the health
but significantly less health/posture per healthbar, plus you can delete the first 2 healthbars with aerial deathblows so really for a Boss that you fight with one really big healthbar and fight again but with 3 smaller healthbars, you only have to 'fight' it for 1 small healthbar, the rest are aerial deathblowable.

Not the user you're replying to because ultimately i don't care that you can do this because it's a single player game and I'd rather fight the boss so i ignored all 'cheese' methods i became aware of anyway.

actually good idea
since Mibu village wasn't at real bottom

DoH battle field is boss fight itself.
I lost count how many time his fireball hit me thanks to that.

holy shit you are deranged.

Attached: 1551837907173.jpg (201x201, 7K)

when does it hit?
I need to quickly play though the game like it was intended

Congrats user, you beat an easy boss.

What should I use Lazulite on? Was thinking of the shuriken but it isn't buffed in the patch notes

>unironically thinking single player games cannot have "competitive scene".

this is the same level retardness of that disabled guy and liberal shits who argues "after all its single player games so its okay to have an experience of gameplay based on different difficulty unlike multi-players games that are affected by having different difficulty"

No, the DLC will be another memory level, separate from the main game. Possibly reusing some assets too.

there's a difference between being useful and doing 70% of a boss's posture in one hit

it was busted

shurinken
always

Did Dark Souls/BB ever had balance patches?

>majority of the changes are bug fixes
seems like the game was intended to be more like that patched version that not

dark souls had its servers taken down and then they released an entirely different version of the game you have to buy if you want any online features

no BB still runs at 24fps
so no

Shuriken is always good to have.
Sabimaru is fucking useless.
The axe is kinda nice to have because it's the only source of illusion dispelling effect like the snap seeds.
The flame is kinda meh, because by that point you have infinite confetti.

every lazulite option could cost 1 spirit emblem like shurikens and shurikens would still be the best option.

>Dark Souls
Yeah, they fixed ninja flipping in havel's.

>Complaining about something thats completely optional
T. sub 10 iq incel.

Fine work user.

Attached: 1554655366664m.jpg (856x1024, 63K)

>chained ogre inside ashina castle is now red eyed
THREADLY REMINDER THAT OGREMANIA IS RUNNING WILD
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA

Attached: Chained_ogre.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

>just got here
h-help

What is the intended order to experience endings? I heard getting Shura ended the game early, so i did that one first. Which one should I do next?

>coping Pc*cks still jealous that they don't get to experience games in cinematic framerate

Does that actually change anything besides making him weak to fire?

People who don't enjoy replaying games are subhuman as a rule. The second run is where you can really assess a game and appreciate some of its better traits. Short games that lend themselves well to being replayed are my favorites

>Which one should I do next?
Going for the true ending, that way you can back up your save file and choose between 3 endings.

Is there a reliable way to deal with DoH fireballs?

Attached: Sekiro.png (819x460, 22K)

there's also no fucking way they intended for the emblem costing arts to be as useless as they are. Though I doubt they'll be much better with the patch unless they tweaked much more than the cost.
If anything nerfing the one actual great combat art does a lot more to make the game harder than slightly buffing a couple prosthetics and dogshit arts does to make it easier.

Flame umbrella

Here's a reminder:
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/pSbI04ELTYA/

You should try to stay in his ass at all times. If you do, you'll be so close to him when he throws the fireballs that they'll go right over your head.

This.

Nothing really since Ogre is perfect the way he is

He's always been weak to fire. The lack of the red eyes was just a visual bug (or rather not bug, but someone just forgot to add the effect to this one).

Just start sprinting straight at him the moment he jumps away.

Bait him into it, go as if you were closing in and then back off immediately or if you mean the homing one then use the umbrella but don't stand still.

kek

Attached: hahahahahahaha kek.gif (675x227, 73K)

Thanks for the reminder

Attached: 4545a6bea4c06bb14b96fa3cf5baf051096864602a547a140b130bf65aee3ba6.jpg (949x678, 80K)

I think you miss the point of that pic.
Is it works on charmless?

I don't think there's a point to that pic.

>fountainhead mooks are called okami
>kuro calls you okami

what does this mean?

Attached: 1478419755957.jpg (447x540, 77K)

I'm with you user, a truly good action game is inherently replayable and for me Sekiro easily qualifies. NG no charm bell demon was fun as hell.

Fuck off casuals.

One is Wolf, one is family name.
>Isshin calls Sculptor Sekijo
>Isshin calls you Sekiro
"what does this mean?"

it means they are okami

Nah the chip damage you take on charmless makes the umbrella more or less completely fucking useless to be honest.

>if you have fun you're casual
oh fuck off faggot

How do people even here not know you can stab the bull in the head when he charges at you and that stops his charge and does a ton of damage?

mooks are okami
you are ookami

It means Japanese language is extremely phonetically poor and it sucks.

I don't understand. This make the game easier or harder?

Okay thanks i will try this.
I dont have problem with homing fireballs because it easy to dodge.

post webm or its bs

harder
people who been cheesing monk kick is nerfed to the ground

'Shoujo' also meaning orangutan in Japanese really threw me. I thought I was mishearing it.

Look at all the (You)s you're getting user! You should write an article and get clickbaits with your braindead opinion!

That's gonna be a yikes from me dawg, that's gonna be, a yikes from me. I never give a yikes, I never give a fucking yikes.
I don't like yikes. I think yikes is overdone, yikes is overplayed, I think people use yikes too much, I think yikes should have stayed in Scooby-Doo, for me.
But this, this is a fucking yikes. This is yikes. This is yikes. This is Y I K E S in block capitals yikes . It's unbelievable.

Attached: truly precious bait.jpg (326x337, 41K)

If combat arts were intended to be useless they wouldn't have put them in the game. Quit being retarded.

>Fixed a bug where system crashes that causes save to become corrupted
so, system crash itself is a bug ?

Yes, a ton.

you can't talk some sense to retarded people
its well known
he's subhuman we gotta accept that user

This unironically never happened outside of single trolls you should've seen through

you being alive is a bug you faggot

elaborate

I don't have a webm
There might be a cooldown or the angle must be perfectly head on but I swear it works

Japanese sounds cool and kanji is a beautiful type form but it's a fucking retard language. It's too literal and too many terms intersect each other

Attached: 1386665472561.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

sure user sure

I always parried first before hitting him in the head. Just stabbing at it works?

pls

Yeah the charged stab

I don't think I have bought that kill yet. Is that the ichidomo thing I see memed a lot?

Don't get me wrong emblem costing combat arts being shit is definitely the opinion of the overwhelming majority but I guarantee there are people on this site spaghetti brained enough to think they were in a good place balance wise, Yea Forums and video game discourse in general is a cesspit.
I believe you user and will try it next time I play the game.

You can charge stabs?

its "shoujou" 猩々. Japanese can easily tell the difference between them, hearing it.

Souls games at launch and Souls games at the end of support are basically completely different games. You'll struggle to find a single spell or weapon that didn't get some values adjusted at some point. They also often rebalance infusions because they tend to fuck up the values at first, making certain builds too dominant. For example, in Dark Souls 1, lightning outdamaged everything at launch, so there was no reason to invest into any physical stats ever, and Dark Souls 3, every weapon was best with Refined, so quality builds were the only option.

>It's too literal and too many terms intersect each other
What does this mean, mutt?

this makes me not wanna play DaS series

He means the stab attack, which is a regular attack charged.

steamspy isn't accurate at all
but considering sekiro has been topping the top sellers for more a month and a half i wouldn't be surprised if the sales catching up with ps4s

It sounds nice, but nothing exceptional. Kanji is fucking retarded. The grammar is... weird, almost alien sometimes.

>For example, in Dark Souls 1, lightning outdamaged everything at launch, so there was no reason to invest into any physical stats ever
This was changed? I came late to the Dark Souls party and even in recent replays I still get to the bare minimum required to wield the zwei then infuse it with lightning

Attached: 1527309943074.jpg (404x462, 57K)

The concept of an idiom doesn't exist in Japanese and they have far too few adjectives, among other issues. The fact that haiku is the only form of Japanese poetry should clue you in on the nuances of the language (there aren't any)

You can charge attacks?

Yes of course.

For his cluster bomb just walk back a bit and wait so he doesnt throw another one, flame umbrella is good too he will usually do this move if he is too far away and runs towards you then pauses to throw them so watch for that pattern. For his homing bombs just sprint and if you can get close to him at the same time since he has a huge window afterwards but dont charge at him on too much of an angle or else you'll get hit

Just hold down R1. It's a thrust attack, so it can't be blocked, it's either going to hit or be deflected.

Why didn't they buff the skills that increase spirit emblem count?
Just 2 days ago I spent FIVE skill points on that shit and I had my max emblems increase from 15 to 17... that's fucking shit and nowhere near 5 points worth

Why? For the most part the changes were positive.They generally didn't nerf shit unless it was really cheesy, while buffing a lot of shit that was just plain useless.

yeah spam charge stab on owl
thats the only way to beat him

hmm alright i guess ill give it a try

Probably more than Xbone at lhis point, I think that was the case for DS3.
I wonder how Sergay feels about Sekiro alone selling more copies than his store's entire catalog.

Attached: 1518524817758.png (1637x921, 1.09M)

Well fuck that sounds useful. Does it break shields?

daily reminder that xboners got filtered so fucking hard..

same for ps4..
46% on Genichiro
YIKES

Attached: xbox completion.jpg (1125x1797, 449K)

No, shields will still block it.

>Fond of the thrust attack
>Do one vs Owl
>He mikiris me
Lol funny joke you radioactive slant fucks

I'm surprised they didn't increase the amount of exp gained per enemy.

>doing that for the first time

It also made me realize he's not doing any thrusts for a reason.

Attached: 2.png (202x214, 31K)

>Not stabbing Owl
Literally best way to deal with his viatlity.

kys speedrunner

He does Shadowrush on Owl 2 though, Mikiri-ing it is objectively the most kino way to end the fight.

owl 2 thrusts

It's more useful to dump points into those towards the end of the game than the awful mushin skills, when you have everything else you could actually need, but yeah it's silly.

I don't get it either
I was fucking awful at this game when I started, died more times than I dare say on most bosses.

Bull I oneshot on both NG and NG+. I was just laughing in disbelief the first time. How do people have issues with it?

Yeah but that was in the past so he learned his lesson

Attached: 1510687198673.png (2298x2106, 184K)

Once you figure out you can just parry the charge and it stuns him he's super easy.

>that makes the 'lol just don't use it' point shittier, if the developers put it in on purpose I'm gonna use it unlike something along the lines of the gyoubu/demon skip.
Some people play this game to have fun user, not to beat it as fast as possible. Monk is a fun fight.

its 50% on pc, if you take into account that 10% have cheated their way through the game they're perfectly aligned

>go all the way to sanctuary idol at the fountainhead palace
>use nightjar to see the vermillion bridge in the distance
That's cool

I don't see the update on my game. Is this out or was it the 1.02 version?

>Nerf High Monk and Blazing Bull
>Firecrackers left untouched

Attached: 1554839393135.jpg (720x960, 66K)

>th..they cheated
kek i see you pulled 10% out of your ass
keep it real casual

Attached: kek blows up.jpg (449x1197, 239K)

>getting hit by the purple ninja
>ever
How fucking bad are you at this game?

I love this image

Why does the game translate Wolf and Owl, but not Kuro?

How do i deal with underwater headless there are fucking two of them and i died in one hit because of terror for some reason.

>Monk is a fun fight.
it is which is why they should remove the built in insta kill option, if you think I'm a speed runner you're dead wrong.

Because the first two are just nicknames that use actual words for "wolf" and "owl" and Kuro is a given name, and you translate those.

>Using the games own systems to replace shit kick with combat art one for mega posture damage
>They patch it even though it's single player and 90% of players will never find out on their own

Well glad I already did all achievements and my bell/no charm run because this is retarded, makes the Ashina combat art the only worthwhile one

No they shouldn't. You can literally ignore it. You're saying you're not doing it because the devs purposefully added the option to do it. I'm not saying you shouldn't, but some enjoy the gameplay and don't want to use the option. Some people want to beat it as soon as possible. Different folks different strokes. I don't see why they should remove it.

How did you read the second note but skip right past the part where they said they're buffing a bunch of combat arts?

They are buffing most useless combat arts. From has always been pretty trash at balancing though so don’t hold your breath.

do we even know how much they nerfed it? It's an extremely good move as it is making it slightly weaker wouldn't keep it from being the best art in the game, they'd have to nerf it hard. I really hope they didn't.

When do I fight the giant snek? I already stabbed it in the eye and then found it again on the way to the guardian ape, I have killed owl already but I thought giant snek would be ded by now, unless its missable?

You don't need to kill it, it's optional
it's also not a fight
there's two

keep playing nigger

That's great but

Attached: 123.png (302x86, 18K)

>people saying this when we don't even know how significant the nerf is

As long as it's quite a bit better than the regular jump kick it still has its niche

But high monk literally one shotting high level enemies and doing 80% of a boss's posture in one shot is indefensible

Because if they couldn't get it right the first time around you can be sure they'll fuck it up a 2nd

Exactly

I mean obviously until people can test it nobody knows but the reason it was so good was making clever use of it which most retards who play would never know about it

Why?

So what if it's broken? What fun would a singleplayer game be without broken shit to find and exploit? That's the entire point.

You can just deflect it. You don't have to fight any of the schingchongs before you get purple mottled gourd, otherwise us the terror medicine.

You can deflect the laser of death? But it still builds terror up tho I imagine. I forgot I had that purple gourd it made the fight easier but it still was very fucking tough, I finally killed it after like 2 hours

pirate it, it's still time

>nerfing weapons/skills in a Singleplayer game
shit devs

I fucking hate patch culture.

Just release a game and leave it alone. Let people learn the game as it is. So what if some shit is OP and some shit is useless? That's just part of the game.

I don't really get how my views of the tools differ so much from everyone else
to me:
Shurikens are all garbage. Never done anything except aerial enemies and even then it's just a gimmick that doesn't really help you kill them.
Sabimaru is cute but useless because it won't guarantee a stagger on most enemies so they'll just hit you out of it and you're dead.
Axe is useless because enemies will just hit you out of it. Far too slow and doesn't even guarantee a stagger. Even if it hits it doesn't really do much. The illusion dispelling doesn't even work anyway. Tried it on butterfly, didn't work several times, just wasted my emblems on the single fight where shurikens aren't entirely garbage.
Flames are cool and deal decent damage against ghosts but as usual they might just ignore the stagger or hit you out of the animation with an attack they started after you started yours and you just die. If you get it off and it actually works it's good damage with living weapon.

you realize that you're talking to a zoomer who grew up with mostly competetive multiplayer-only games?

There is no reason to fight him early though. You can wait to endgame then slap his ass with ako sugar divine confetti and mottled purple gourd.

pirate unpatched codex version

>nerfed High Monk
>no Ichimonji nerf
???

>But it still builds terror up tho I imagine
Yes but the fight is physically impossible without using terror-resistance anyway. Even being in melee range of it will kill you with terror. You must have terror-resistance to engage in the fight.
I'm not sure if you need confetti to deflect the beam, but I don't think so.

From games have always improved with patches, though there are always missteps and balance casualties like some weapons that start sucking. Vanilla DS1 and 2 in particular were hilariously broken and not in a good way at launch.

ichimonji doesn't one shot bosses

this
monk kick can dodge posture dmg and pressure
that shit was fucking insane

Shurikens let you cancel enemy posture recovery when you can't reach them, and also let you actually reach them afterwards with the chase slash.
And Axe is actually your only means of having some superarmor yourself, I don't know how you managed to got hit out of it.

So what do you spend emblems on?

>

All the weapons apart from the spear have some kind of terrible thing to them that makes you not really want to use them.
it's kinda annoying.

I disagree. Their games are always at their peak right at launch, before the patches suck all the fun and character out of the game.

But both of those lost their fun shit due to that and both are MULTIPLAYER, of course people are gonna cry about OP shit even though they too could get the same OP at least theres sorta a reason for balance patches

Most of this is blatantly untrue. Why lie?

>Fixed certain bugs that were allowing players to access unexpected areas

Go have fun in underwater Hirata estate while you can

youtube.com/watch?v=7Vo1oOKFtLc

Never got to feel like a GOD OF THUNDER. That's a shame, Lightning was super broken and fun.

>both of those lost their fun shit due to that
Dark Souls 2 maybe but Dark Souls 1 (and 3) only heavily nerfed shit that either completely ruined build variety (lightning infusion, flip ring), or was absolutely broken and completely unfun to play against (TWoP, magic shield death aura, fog ring)

How the fuck does a bug like this even happen?

Nothing is broken as long as both players can use it.

Fuck "balance" patches.

Leave games as is. Period. Singleplayer or multiplayer, competitive or not.

I didn't. I capped at 999 before NG+.
>Shurikens let you cancel enemy posture recovery when you can't reach them
I'd say that's fair. But at what point will you be too far away from an enemy so you can't cancel that several second long posture recovery? If you made distance between yourself and the enemy you already gave up on the posture fight anyway. Every boss in the game is meant to be fought up close as that prevents them from doing their deadly combos. The AI is programmed to react to your positioning to reward you for playing aggressive.
>And Axe is actually your only means of having some superarmor yourself, I don't know how you managed to got hit out of it.
You're probably right about the super armor, I just meant that it oneshot me. Taking a single hit isn't OK in NG+, and it's bad even in NG. The wind-up is so slow that it doesn't matter what window you wait for, the enemy can decide to do whatever they want when you're winding that axe up and then you just die.
A deflect or two deals more posture damage anyway.
Funny enough I hated spear in my entire NG then found out in NG+ it had some charm.
Why do you think that?

>just beat raging bull without Kirk charm and demon bell on new game plus
>they nerf him the next day

Shit I better hurry up before they nerf the rest of the game

Ninja flipping havels with hornet bkgas are not “fun shit”. And DS3 got more viable weapons after patches. It was only DS2 that got so many things neutered but at least they made the PvP good and honestly who plays DS2 for the PvE

Is this the most underrated Tool Prosthetic in the game? Allows you to instakill most mid-tier common enemies even during a fight, like those red hat double-wielding sword dudes later in the game.

Attached: FreeDeathblowduringfight.png (256x256, 32K)

>mfw i just found out that you can stunlock headless to death

Attached: 1555339467161.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

>Ninja flipping havels with hornet bkgas are not “fun shit”.
Yes it is.
>And DS3 got more viable weapons after patches.
Not a net positive.

A wuxia game similar to Sekiro would be fucking awesome

I pretty sure you cant ring the bell for Bull.

In a game where literally every item is available to every player it totally unfair that guys has those items! Also it's a game about getting exponentially strong and killing gods, having broken items is fun as shit especially since most times you need to be the harder bosses to get said items

>What fun would a singleplayer game be without broken shit to find and exploit? That's the entire point.
This is one of the most transparently retarded takes I've read here in a long time. The only fun in single player games is steamrolling them with broken tools? The fuck is wrong with you?
I wouldn't call using the move clearly defined to be used against sweeps clever. The thing is most people wouldn't assume that it's quite as strong as it is, it's basically the mikiri for sweeps. I don't think high monk is broken, personally, but nerfing it slightly wouldn't hurt.

you can, it's after Ogre

>that several second long posture recovery
I'm not talking about just the general dudes that have long casting animation. I'm talking about the passive kind of posture regen that happens at any time the enemy isn't attacking or isn't being attacked.
>Every boss in the game is meant to be fought up close
Except, you know, the times when these bosses just jump away from you themselves to regain posture. You've got to keep the pressure on them and pursue, and that's exactly what shurikens do so well.

Point of the patches usually is that you don't use the same items on every single playthrough.

Whats the point of tankiness vs evasion when you can literally ninja flip in full stone crag armor? You’re just being a contrarian. Great Magic Shield also made you invulnerable, Fog Ring made you unable to get locked on to, Scaling was useless, entire game mechanics were ruined by awful balance

And yet all of those things gave the game a ton of character. Games without any weird bullshit like that are just bland.

More good, diverse options = better.

If the only viable response to a certain strategy is to use the same strategy yourself, then yeah that's kind of dumb.

Senpou temple only open after the Bull though.

You're arguing with honest to god schizos, don't even bother. tell me this guy isn't fucking touched or baiting.

Massive pleb take.

You need shit to be bad for good shit to stand out, and if nothing is bad and nothing is OP then your choices don't even matter.

>So what if some shit is OP and some shit is useless? That's just part of the game.
If the devs didnt intend some of the items to be useless, then they patch them to be better.

He's just so goddamn boring. Keeps running away and jumping in the air, both are easy to dodge but they completely stop the tempo of the fight. It's just not an enjoyable fight.

Who cares everyone has already finished the game multiple times.

Tell me your secrets.

Developers' intention doesn't mean shit. The final product is what matters, and often, what players turned games into far surpasses what the developers ever intended.

>They made the spirit emblem cost even more

Attached: 1555204765091.jpg (1081x1080, 775K)

When exactly is the point of no return?
Im at owl currently

>getting hit by literally any attack in any game
don't even speak to me

Easy cheese, mate.
>bu bu bu but muh honor
>muh shinobi code
Like Genichiro said, victory is all that matters.

The gameplay between the choices is still different, balance =\= sameness. You are supposed to choose between gameplay options for fun, not out of choosing what is better. If all are fun the game has more replay value.

FUCK the PS4 version needed to be patched for PRO support. Wankers. Can I USB my preferred update?

Defeat sakura tree on the top of fountainhead palace.

There is a shortcut right after Ogre that leads straight to the Demon Bell. I'm guessing you don't know about it

>I'm talking about the passive kind of posture regen that happens at any time the enemy isn't attacking or isn't being attacked.
My bad.
>You've got to keep the pressure on them and pursue, and that's exactly what shurikens do so well.
This makes sense. I just ran back in and started hitting them.

>You are supposed to choose between gameplay options for fun, not out of choosing what is better.
In that case, why does it matter to you if some of them are better than others? What do you need balance changes for at all?

Imbalance benefits everyone.

>tfw can't find any interesting vids on unpatched shrine of amana
I kind of want to relive that absolute hellhole again.

It lets you avoid damage completely if you're posture broken and owl's bouta slap your ass

ashina castle stairway after it's on fire: you can backstab 6 worth of dual swordsmen in about 30 seconds

I just went and beat the bull. It was a pretty good fight. Not that hard died only a couple times because I would get stuck against a wall somewhere as he wailed my full health away.
But once I managed to stay in clear open positions in the area it was smooth sailing.

I complete forget about that route. I always do the leap of faith route to that bell.
Thanks now i can fight Gyobu with demon bell.

Because in the examples we were discussing the options weren’t equally fun. If Lightning is just Scaling but better there’s less build variety. When things are balanced and builds have trade offs there are more significant choices than “do I make this zwei lightning and put all the points in other stats or do I spend all my points in scaling and do less damage?” If you cannot see that the pleb is none other than yourself.

When's it live?

Attached: 1553902134885.png (550x550, 178K)

I wonder if all these suicide arts will now result in me beating the enemies rather than the previous outcome. Fucking useless, all of them.

Is that the one that takes you by a headless and then back round to some geckos and the other side of that locked door by the ogre?

>Kill the ape
>he gets back up.
fuck.
Any advice on his second stage? his first stage isn't too hard if you're patient.

Malcontent+ divine confetti. He couldnt do shit because permastun.

Parry his attack until he does big overhead swing parry that shit too and it stuns him for a few seconds

run around to give the two of you space, bait him to do the two slashes, deflect both, then he will stand up straight and slam down, deflect; use flame vent and attack 3-4 times. rinse and repeat.

>The concept of an idiom doesn't exist in Japanese and they have far too few adjectives
>The fact that haiku is the only form of Japanese poetry should clue you in on the nuances of the language (there aren't any)

Well, you are a fucking retard. Do not try to talk about things you dont know anything about from this time.

What is the deal with Ichimonji? Why do I see people go off on it a lot? Asking as someone who hasn't bought it yet but will be able to soon.

Does decent damage and posture damage.

And recovers posture.

Attached: the rape of fountainhead.webm (994x560, 2.87M)

That doesn't sound bad or a big deal.

it's kind of both, but the double ichimonji is something special.

It isn't, the reason people lose their minds over it is because 1. it exploits some enemies' AI and 2. it's more efficient than the big, emblem costing combat arts are right now.

For actual damage it's actually very inefficient because it's just 2 very slow hits, and as always with From, buffing your weapon and mashing R1 as fast as possible is the best strategy.

Yes, because its a straightforward combat art. Doesnt require emblems , have good posture damage and no flash/fancy animations compared to others

Attached: 1441897147600.jpg (456x297, 24K)

you dumb, boy?

Imagine the faggots that wanna bone Kuro instead of this angel.

>patch culture
Why did people start talking like this? Anything they don't like must be part of some "culture". How about throwing some "systemic" and "problematic" wile we're at it and go through the whole list of overused Gen Z terminology?

Attached: 4640.jpg (377x250, 21K)

Why is Demon's Souls still the only From game to get weapon buffs right?

>Light Weapon
Damage added is flat per hit and scales off of magic stat, benefits fast attacking weapons
>Cursed Weapon
Multiplies your weapon damage after enemy defenses, benefitting slow weapons with massive AR

But in every game since they only ever kept the first kind, and thus the entire series became about mashing R1 with straight swords and straight sword equivalents.

>games have game-breaking bug
>leave as it is because muh " patch culture is shit "
how dumb you can be ?

Attached: 1510704_895837067121682_400312106855669172_n.jpg (482x856, 46K)

I want a threesome with Kuro and the Divine Child

Bell demon

>NG+
>lose motivation to continue after beating Genichiro
It's like BB all over again, same thing happened when i killed Amelia on my NG+.

BB’s true drop off point is Shadows of Yharnam. Everything after it is so much worse than what came before. The only carrot on a stick is the DLC. That DLC elevated BB’s score so much.

Only missing 1 prayer bead and I'm on NG+4, still have had no luck finding it myself. Where's the most hidden one in the game? Or some of the most hidden. I just wanna get the last one and I'm tearing my hair out trying to find it

I just won't update
why would I give a fuck about this patch already played through the game

>improved stability
>improved performance
the only thing that matters in this patch and I bet it's all bullshit

I think i just hate the forest areas, even now i get lost there.

probably somewhere under water.

did you get the one in the upper castle where you meet the mysterious tengu man?

The one who asks you to hunt rats? Yup

Got the one under mibu village, the one heading toward senpou temple. Are there more underwater ones I'm missing?

I hated them too until I realized it’s mostly just “stay on the road if you don’t want to get lost” which is pretty fitting.

Lake in Fountainhead?

isn't there one in the hirata memory? where the bridge is?

I just a final reach out to entitled cry babies before the game dies out

There is one in fountainhead near 2 headless enemies

Sabi needed it.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one, got it too.

I don't think there's one there but I'll check again, I know I've checked there before

>increased the drop rate of devine confetti

why don't you add godmode on top of it from cucks

Might as well check the fextralife then
sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/Prayer Beads

Is it even usefull on anyone except headless and schichimen?

it adds chip damage on any enemy

Yeah that's what I was trying to do but I can't exactly figure out which one doesn't sound familiar to me. Trying to avoid going through the whole game checking boxes off from the wiki but I guess that's my only option.

It's a flat damage boost all around. It's just more pronounced when used against apparitions.