Japanese or English dub?

Japanese or English dub?

Attached: 3521799-sekiro+site[1].jpg (640x360, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehnfK-iES-s
youtube.com/watch?v=a_J3fpgm8S8
youtube.com/watch?v=HyU_1-Py0dA
youtube.com/watch?v=SLmskcz3cVg
youtube.com/watch?v=uvP9Qv2xvbg
youtube.com/watch?v=ULXQkPUCd9s
youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

English. You're not a filthy jap apologist, are you?

Attached: InstallShield-icon.jpg (383x383, 17K)

if it had the usual theatrical english actors i'd absolutely play in english, but the american studio they sourced it to is just terrible

If you even have to ask you should slice your belly

commit seppuku

I'm just fucking around desu. MY NAME is better in english though.

The VA is good stop memeing. The only reason to play with jap dub is if you are actually a fluent jap speaker, in which case you'd be able to appreciate the VA. Anyone listening to any dub that they can't speak is 100% just a pretentious braindead idiot that thinks he can somehow tell if the VA is good in a language they don't speak.

That's because you were meant to play this one in Japanese, not English, so there was no reason to even bother with the dub.

If you play this with the English dub you might as well kill yourself.

literally takes place in Japan, why wouldn't you have it in Japanese
it's like watching Apocalypto in English

If you play in a language you don't understand castrate yourself.

>The VA is good
Haha it's not. Not even close.
And I'm someone who prefers to play Tenchu in English.

Japense because the English one has some ass casting unlike Blooborne

you think there's no reason to play a japanese produced, japanese themed game,, with the language automatically set to japanese, in japanese?

>Anyone listening to any dub that they can't speak is 100% just a pretentious braindead idiot that thinks he can somehow tell if the VA is good in a language they don't speak
it's the default setting ;)

That’s why the subtitles are on you stupid fuck.

Unless you speak jap, no. But please tell me how anything you mentioned changes the fact that they might as well be spouting gibberish for all you know.
>Subtitles make me understand if the VOICE acting is good or not
Kys brainlet

the game literally tells you its meant to be played in japanese

People who unironically play Sekiro with english dub are the type who need riceballs renamed to jelly doughnuts because they're offended that other cultures exist (yet they still want to play their video games set in their lands somehow)
People who ironically play Sekiro with english dubs are just mentally challenged

>braindead dubfag
big surprise

Absolute brainlet. You don't need to speak a language to appreciate the voice acting, and the English VA is not good, at all. It is fucking terrible apart from like 3 characters.
Emma literally sounds like a 50 year old woman reading her lines from a paper.

>You don't need to speak a language to appreciate the voice acting
Ahh yes, all these intricacies that you surely do get when you don't even know what words they are saying. Neck yourself weeb.

>watch samurai movie in Japanese
>no complaints
>play samurai game in Japanese
>FUCKING WEEB WHY DON'T YOU PLAY WITH THE DUB IT'S BETTER YOU JUST THINK THE JAPANESE IS BETTER BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT

you don't think romping through a war torn japanese country with american accents at every turn is a bit jarring? hearing clearly caucasian voices coming from asian characters?

Not any than any other game not set in NA where the people speak English. I didn't care when Geralt spoke English in Witcher, I didn't care when units had English lines in Total War games etc. So long as the voice acting is not trash tier I don't mind(which it isn't in this case). What I do mind is not understand the words that are being said, that would be more of a problem.

I played it in English and I don't give a fuck about weeb elitists

Imagine being so autistic you think the spoken word can only convey literal meaning

does it matter?
MY NAME makes it worth it

>dub that's bad vs dub where you can't tell if it's good or bad
Hmm

>good
I couldn’t tell you and I didn’t say that, retard. What I do know is that the game is Japanese as fuck and it only makes sense that they speak Japanese. Swallow a knife.

MY NAME

>WARE
>Maeru...
>IKUZO, SEKIROOOOOOOOO
All of these lines are more kino in Jap. And this is coming from someone who dislikes most anime (moeshit). You would have had an argument if it were the same British VAs from Soulsborne series but they have some creaturas for Sekiro. Not very good.

Attached: 💜.jpg (1024x649, 178K)

>I'd rather not understand anything than hear my jap overlords speak like gaijins b-baka.
Kys weeb.

Japanese because the setting is in japan. Same goes for Bloodborne, English dub because Gothic Western setting

I wish they didn't add the english dub. So it would filter even more people.

>which it isn’t in this case
Fucking kek

MYYYYYYYYY NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMEEEE

jap game, made by japs, inspired in jap...
geee guys idk!!!!

Attached: 1537804283424.jpg (480x480, 36K)

>not playing italian

Attached: cage-mandy.jpg (900x601, 56K)

based
Sekiro didn't need to be more accessible, it needed more filters

English, I don't want to read subtitles

I can read though. A problem for a tard like you, I get it

Japanese speaking English dub

>Reading subs magically make me understand the jap voices
This is what anime faggotry does to your brain.

Japanese, it's a Japanese game set in old Japan, Samurai didn't speak English.
Also the Japanese cast actually had some notoriety while Activision hired a bunch of nobodies to phone it in.

MY NAAAAAAAME

IS GYOBU MASATAKA ONIWAAAAAAA

>Not wanting Albert Wesker Genichiro

I have a friend who is an incredibly slow reader and can't finish reading subtitles before they go away. Are you saying that people like him shouldn't be able to enjoy the game so it can fulfill your elitist fantasy?

AS I BREATHE
YOU WILL NOT PASS THE CASTLE GATE

Attached: 1347797136364.png (852x480, 115K)

>a game set in japan during Sengoku period
Of corse you should play it in japanese, you nigger

yes

Yes, tell your "friend" to pass third grade first.

>Lord of the rings can only be read in elven or arandel

This is how dumb you sound.

Yes. All that money wasted on dubs for the retarded.

You both should get filtered

The uninstall wizard.

español

Is this a shitpost or do you think you made a good point

Japanese for HITOOOOOOOTSU alone

MYNAMEfags needs not apply

Attached: owl.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

Whats your opinion on STALKER, English VA or native language.
>HOWDY HO
If the game is set in a certain setting just set it to the language of the setting, it makes it feel more authentic.

please do not have lewd thoughts about divine dragon boy

Do you also apply this to any other setting? Of course you don't because you're a pathetic weeb and this is just the excuse you give yourself.

People who like MY NAME are the same breed who like shitty B movies or dub parodies. No one thinks it's actually good.

Japanese Issin is crazy good, especially in Shura when you fight him.

Same shit. I played it in English because I don't speak Russian(or was it Ukranian). Same for Metro, same for Witcher, same for any fucking game. If I don't speak the original language I pick English.

So you are at least aware that the english voiceacting for STALKER is so fucking awful in quality and delivery that it borders on parody?
youtube.com/watch?v=ehnfK-iES-s

English, of course

Otherwise youre missing out on core elements like MY NAMEEEEEEE IS GYOBU etc.

I'm aware. And the original VA might be just as bad for all I know. So I might as well at least understand the words they are saying.

Is it just me or is the English dub awkward as fuck?
>subtitles
>Owl: Don't bother tending to my wounds...no point...it's too late...
>dub
>Don't bother tending to my woundsnopoint MMM it's too late...

Attached: 1553887897425.jpg (515x388, 31K)

How can we stop such rampant autism?

Except its good, you can tell just but the expression in the delivery that its better even if you dont understand it. All the delivery of the english voiceacting is delivered really flat and stilted. Just coughing sounds even sound fake, like instead of clearing their throat they literally say "ahem". It takes an otherwise serious game and makes it hilarious. Also for any important speech that isnt generic it is giving sub titles.

Alright master weebs, the fact that you like the Japense VA is because you can't tell if it's good or bad since you don't understand anything but a few words and think a specific inflection is what makes it good

Show me a bad Japanese VA as proof. Because you can't, since it will all sound "good" to you.
And if you do point out a bad one due to the fact that you actually know Japanese, no one ITT will get it because it will still sound "good" to them.

Attached: hat dance.gif (88x128, 103K)

>takes place in ancient japan
>defaults to japanese
Gee, I fucking wonder.

>the absolute state of this shit hole board.

cringe

>you can tell just but the expression in the delivery that its better even if you dont understand it.
You've gotta have some sort of autism to believe you can understand the details of acting when you don't understand the language spoken.

I'd rather not know whether or not something is actually bad than put it up with the ridiculously low budget shite that is the English VA. Literally the only people who choose that options are burger brainlets.

You can load up almost any hentai episode to get a taste of bad japanese voice acting

Stop stating theory as fact you absolute retard

Attached: 1555527830504m.jpg (737x1024, 203K)

>you don't even know what words they are saying
That's why there's subtitles. You DO speak more than one language and can recognize inflection, intonation, and emotion in the human voice, don't you user?

Speaks volumes that a fucking dog can and most faggots who think reading "is annoying" can't.
Almost like they're subhuman pigs or something.

Attached: hm.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

I speak 4 languages nigger, and you can't recognize any of these things in a language that you don't speak UNLESS they are so over-acted that they would be comically bad to a native speaker.

I'm not against dubs but From always seem to have outstanding voice talent.

user, Im being serious when I say this. If you cannot tell the emotion of someone by the tone of their voice and delivery that is an actual sign or real autism.
>person sounds upset
>"I dont understand what is wrong with this person unless they directly tell me they are upset in their words, not how they say them"
Youre calling me an autist but you are expressing actual signs of it.

The English VA in Sekiro is on the same level as all other Soulsborne games, it just fits better here due to the setting and nothing else

I don't see people praising the Bloodborne Japanese VA anywhere, even though some of those actors are also in Sekiro

Still sounds exactly the same
Unless you mean the paragraphs they shout while being pounded, which barely qualifies

Where am I stating so?

Attached: 1492714542032.png (872x632, 159K)

MY NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

fucking this

>Still sounds exactly the same
You clearly haven’t watched much hentai then

>Understanding undertones in a language you speak is the same as understanding them in a language you don't
See that's why you're autistic. You know how it should work in theory, but you have no idea how human interactions actually work. Again, unless someone is overly exaggerating these emotions you won't catch them if they speak a language you don't understand.

>"give me an example where it sounds bad"
>give one
>"it sounds the same because I say so."
oh okay then.

Attached: 1300420915565.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>The English VA in Sekiro is on the same level as all other Soulsborne games
Except not really, I usually like the English voice acting in Souls games but it just feels like I'm listening to a bad anime dub in Sekiro

Attached: 1554142457087.png (727x633, 302K)

It's a placebo effect that's the result of you being a weeb and From having that pop-up in the menu about jap dubs.

>>IKUZO, SEKIROOOOOOOOO
I wasn't even mad retrying that fight multiple times. PURE KINO

Jap Dub Eng sub. I will physically defend this

Attached: 4r977v8leap21.jpg (718x1061, 104K)

Had the misfortune of watching a video with the English VA turned on. Everyone sounded so lifeless and horrible. The specific parts were Butterfly and Armored Warrior, it's like night and day with them. I can understand Japanese, but even if you can't you can probably tell the different in quality.

even if this little theory of yours is true, there is literally nothing wrong with placebo effects.

>tfw fluent jap speaker

Activision was in charge of the English dub and not Fromsoft so Japanese dub it is.

You're cool then user. Nothing wrong with playing it in jap if you understand it.

Just llike Bloodborne and Dark Souls were better in and meant to be played in English, this is better in Japanese.

Alright tell me how does this
youtube.com/watch?v=a_J3fpgm8S8
sound ANY different to literally any other anime or game Japanese VA?

Sure the Sekiro ones just sound more gruff because the setting demands it, but you can even hear the O'rin inflections in the blonde girl

Again, that's because it just "feels right" in this setting, that's it.

You can only judge if a VA is good or not if you full understand a language. Being bilingual also helps understand similar languages, so that helps.

I think it's because they opted to just bring in the voice actors who take on whatever deal they get, the kind you find doing most of the VA work in Blizzard's games

I'm actually kind of surprised Steve Blum isn't in the game

You can clearly tell they arent user, have you even so much as attempted to listen to something that wasnt in english or are you just assuming everything? I just showed the STALKER example, it is 100% unanimous that its terrible, you can do a side by side if you like, the mere delivery of the dialogue is better sounding, when a dire situation has the person emoting like its a child on stage in school reciting a message it comes through no matter what language it is done in.

Not even to say Sekiros is bad, its good, but the jap is more authentic to the setting. Its like if you played a game set in Charlemagne France and everyone spoke with goofy fake accents and it was clear they were actually american instead of just speaking French, would you prefer this?

>stiff delivery
>lack of emotion
>hamming it up
Did you even watch the video? All three are present at 2:40

There is a massive difference in voice acting quality in America and Japan. In Japan, voice actors are actually famous and many are actual celebrities, meanwhile in America people barely know any of them outside of a few standouts. The industry is completely different and expecting the same quality from both is just asinine, even if you don't understand Japanese (or English).

>You can clearly tell they arent user
No you can't. You can clearly tell that the english VA is bad and then just assume that the foreign one isn't since you can't actually tell.

As for your second point, goofy fake accents are some of the best VA work ever in vydia. Ever played Shogun 2? The advisor is literally kino.

I play in Japanese because it’s more authentic to the setting. That said, I skip through dialogue because most of it is delivered extremely slowly with long pauses.

>tfw more and more games just hire A-list voice actors instead of embracing hidden local talent like Total War: Warhammer did
youtube.com/watch?v=HyU_1-Py0dA

i still don't even know what this guy's name is or if he's done any other voicework but TWW is full of people like him

English Sekiro sounds like he's gently falling into a coma in every conversation. Kuro sounds like that one popular spooky child text to voice program. Emma sounds like a dramatic grandma. Sculptor sounds like a random bum. Everyone else is very boring except Gyoubu who is the only good english voice because he's loud.

Jap's got Isshin so it's better

Attached: 1554395201603.jpg (925x901, 145K)

You just described the 3 different characters, and as per their character they deliver the lines as needed.

Not knowing Japanese they sound exactly like the many stereotypes in various other Japanese media

Jap would be worth it simply beca- WARE ONIWA GYOUBU MASATAKA NARI!

You have me there, but I think that only works there because subtitles couldnt, and this is to imply that only the english version is good? All I can do is agree to disagree, I find that settings not using their appropriate languages is a disconnect, its not game breaking but it definitely takes away authenticity when you have a game set in ancinet china for instance and the characters are all speaking with very plain american accents, even if the delivery was somehow worse in the chinese VO it at least sounds the part and you cant even tell if its bad if it is bad, if its bad in english then its just bad.

Listen to the german VO for Dawn of War, the english version is good, but my god, I can tell thats space marine shit even if its a different language, delivery is everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=SLmskcz3cVg
youtube.com/watch?v=uvP9Qv2xvbg

I played it in Italian. It was funny like a spaghetti chanbara.

>tfw remembering Plague Marines in german
youtube.com/watch?v=ULXQkPUCd9s

Attached: 1394432252659.jpg (400x400, 26K)

If demons ever walked the earth they would speak german. Its sounds the language of someone in the middle of dying painfully.

switch to english just for MYYYY NAAAAAAAME and then back to jap

That shit pumps you. It took me less than 5 tries because of how kino Isshin was.

You sound like spics who prefer to watch the simpsons in spanish, go back to playing FIFA, niggers

not even that even Isshin sounds better in based japanese version
>chad YARE!! vs virgin...do it..

Attached: Sword-Saint Isshin PePe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

I compared things like the sculptor or genichiro - their voices sound way too evil in their english dub.

Go jap.

This. A lot of replies from people who can't even read English properly and can't into reading comprehension so it makes sense that they don't care if they can't understand the language.

MY NAAAAAAAAAAAME

>speaking English is autistic according to some user on Yea Forums

the first thing the game does is tell you to have japanese audio
i cant imagine listening to the garbage english voice actors

I tried the English but had to switch it back to Jap after like 30 mins. I feel like they could have done a better job of getting good English voice actors.

English dub ofc
they didn't make subtitles for Japanese voices

You always listen to the original VA, not hard.
In Souls and Borne it was english, and in Sekiro it is japanese

What are you talking about?

>if you don't understand the words then you don't understand the tone
Autist detected.

ITT: Autism

Play what you like. Jap is fine if you understand it. but dont go putting on jap like some retard hipster if you cant even understand what is being said.

The english voice acting is horrible.

Japanese makes more thematic sense to me. But either is fine.

>BuT iT hAs ThE tExT aT tHe BoTtOm hurrrr

Attached: 1267917410487.png (391x412, 183K)

>play what you like but don't play what you like
fucking sick never thought about it that way really walked the dog with that one man good job frag out

Is that even a question? I don't know why they even waste money doing VA in other languages. You need to be a special type of retard to play this with english va.

Japanese for my first playthrough, doing english for my second.

>>>>//reddit//

Honestly I prefer nipspeak because it's more thematic that way, like, ninja and shit aren't American, they aren't Brits either. The only reason I'd do a dub is if there is VAs id want to listen for, like RicePirate

Attached: 1553128883200.gif (360x200, 2.9M)

I don't even understand why it has a fucking godawful dub, to be honest.

Like for Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne, they knew exactly what they wanted. They were doing medieval european and victorian inspired games, so they went out of their way to have the voicework done by professional english actors even though they themselves were Japanese. They picked the guys they thought would suit the characters. The nips put up with subtitles just fine.
Now you have a game that's literally set in Japan, so the voicework is done in Japanese. Did somebody cockblock them and demand a shitty outsourced dub be tacked on or it wouldn't get released?

Attached: dubfags leave.jpg (1962x344, 310K)

>Show me a bad Japanese VA as proof
youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw

>not changing into another language after every playthrough

Fun to do this and see the differences from little to big.

the last samurai was an american white guy, though.

Right, cause japanese was invented by an english old man, too.
I do as much as I can, double nigger

>this is what unitedstatenese people actually think

All memes considered that's still good voice acting for the scene

I mean. Okay? That isn't my point. If he was a samurai in Japan wouldn't he speak Japanese anyway? I dont know what the story there is, but either way

>English dub
>Japanese sub
>Korean UI
Get on my level faggots