Greatest Games Of All Time

Well do you agree with them Yea Forums or is BOTW ranked too low?

Attached: BOTW not #1.png (1075x774, 1.61M)

Still ranked higher then it should be, it should be outside the top 50

...botw has no memorable moments

Depends on what the other 38 are, i will say that it's easily the best open world game ever

Put it at number one and rename the list to top 100 worst games of all time and then it’s accurate.

My raging hateboner tells me it should be outside the top 100

Attached: angory.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

I think it should be number 1

It's lucky to be in the top 50

You could put that much games before Breath of the Wild on a top games list, but there's no way any top games list in this day and age will put that many games in front of Breath of the Wild that are better than Breath of the Wild into a list.

Too low. That list was probably made by some seething snoykek

BOTW should be higher.

Bloodborne didn’t make the top 100 so obviously they are simply unbiased

This. I non ironically don't understand how people can say it's as good as it it. Sure the mechanics are good but it last basically a tech demo of those mechanics.

BOTW is a top 500 at best without the Nintendo Bonus.

Seething, Nintendo bonus isn’t real. Especially since these people gave it a 7/10

Scores are irrelevant to what people will consider the best games, “Nintendo Bonus” is just a coping mechanism that Sony fans use because their games never score as highly as Nintendo’s

This, it was incredibly boring & bland compared to other Zelda games

What's the source of this list? I want to see what else is on it. 39 seems fair for BotW. It was a very good game. Definitely one of the best of all time, but not THE best.

>0_days_since.jpg

absolutely, unequivocally, 100% seething, or as the boomer in me would say, u mad?

> I want to see what else is on it.
Here you go, removed the one Meme game & bumped BOTW up a spot
> 39. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
> 38. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
> 37. Fallout 2
> 36. Rock Band 3
> 35. Inside
> 34. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
> 33. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
> 32. Journey (2012)
> 31. Super Mario Odyssey
> 30. StarCraft (1998)
> 29. Psychonauts
> 28. Final Fantasy Tactics
> 27. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
> 26. Max Payne
> 25. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
> 24. Planescape: Torment
> 23. Mass Effect 2
> 22. Portal
> 21. Super Mario World
> 20. Final Fantasy VII
> 19. Super Mario 64
> 18. Silent Hill 2
> 17. Ōkami
> 16. EarthBound
> 15. The Last of Us Remastered
> 14. Super Smash Bros Melee
> 13. Super Metroid
> 12. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Original #1)
> 11. Resident Evil 4
> 10. Tetris
> 9. Metroid Prime
> 8. Portal 2
> 7. NieR: Automata
> 6. Chrono Trigger
> 5. Shadow of the Colossus
> 4. Super Mario Bros 3
> 3. Final Fantasy III (VI)
> 2. Red Dead Redemption
> 1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Revised #1)

It's a great game but I honestly didn't like it as much as other people. It was the perfect tech demo for Switch though. The game I got the Switch for is actually Sonic Mania.

fpbp

what is with you spergs and tetris? this is an anonymous image board; you don't have to pretend to like shit

Not that bad of a list, although Planescape, Fallout 2 & Mass Effect 2 don't belong on here

pretty lame games bro

>OoT
10/10
>MM
10/10
>WW
9/10
>TP
8/10
>SS
3/10
>BOTW
7.5/10

OoT is better than MM

wew someone with your shit taste would definitely say that

>sm3 better than world
is this a boomer meme that I do not understand?

Attached: 1468382956574.gif (244x194, 1.95M)

Why do Journalists fucking love Red Dead Redemption so much?

excluding the Nintendo filler and the Sony movie, solid list

Should be number 1

KOTOR 2 is the best western RPG ever, it should on there before any of those games

No it isn't

Yes it is, it's superior in every aspect except characters & side quests

Tetris is #1 simply because its extremely hard to state its a shit game. I fucking hate tetris and I can't do it, it does exactly what its supposed to do and there isn't anything better at doing it. I or Yea Forums could shit on every other game there but tetris is fucking tetris.

KOTOR2 isn't even finished and is NOT above fo2

>Fallout 2 but not 1 or NV
>Mass Effect 2 making the list at all
>RDR making the top 10
>The Last of Us making the list at all
Journalists...

Attached: 1525645029439.jpg (640x795, 27K)

Wrong

Breath of the wild is the worst 3d zelda by a wide fucking margin. Worst open world in fucking history too

Might as well put Far Cry 3 through 5, Assassin's Creed 1 through Odyssey, and any other open world ubishit that's played exactly like it on that list too.

What I want to know is why they seem to think RDR2 is worse... What an odd list

RDR2 is genuinely a horribly designed game

Or maybe you just don’t like those types of games

Sick to Terraria

It's better than 2 regardless of what you think of it.

The list is from mid-2018, it wasn't released yet. desu I could see RDR2 making top 10 lists one day but I don't think it has matured enough yet to fairly say that. Its certainly higher than the original and deserves a spot somewhere on the list, however.

Wrong, RDR2 has horrible gameplay, characters, writing & is an all around downgrade in every aspect

My lists don't come with numbers.

Jade Empire was better then Mass Effect

Portal is so much better than Portal 2 what the fuck

Wrong, Portal 2 was better in every way

Nier automata is in the top 10 I like the game but bloodborne deserved that spot.

botw was pretty good but it feels more like a proof of concept rather than anything else

id have put it above skyward sword and below Twilight princess in the series with MM at the front

the revised majors mask is worse than the original due to the changes in gameplay such as no run up boost to deku spin, slow ass swim speed as zora bosses revamped with same old weak spot shit etc

>> 31. Super Mario Odyssey
>> 4. Super Mario Bros 3
>> 3. Final Fantasy III (VI)
>> 1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Revised #1)

Absolutely fucking embarrassing

Attached: 1508446818204.jpg (762x785, 193K)

He meant that the original list had OOT number 1 & Majora's Mask was their updated #1

>All of a sudden we don't like good pacing and dungeon design
For what purpose?

Contrarianism

Mario Odyssey is the only bad game on there though

How much more popular must MM get before contrarianism swings back against it and puts it back in its place. On the merits of its gameplay alone, it's not even a top 5 Zelda

I'm offended that Odyssey is even on the list. The others belong but not in the top 4

Why are you talking about BotW when he's talking about MM?

The Contrarianism will swing back against Majora's Mask once the Zelda cycle takes effect after next year's 3D Zelda comes out

Red Dead Redemption 2 is an okay game just like Breath of the Wild. I will disagree that the characters were all shit in RDR2, but staunchly agree about its' gameplay. Hold shoulder button and tap X until you make it to where the next story bit is, then hold shoulder button and tap X to get to where the story wants you to be. It is a very bipolar game. It's an open world game, but it has super linear story missions that don't allow for you to experiment with the open world. I feel like if they just stuck to one thing it would have been a better experience. These lists are all just subjective click bait horseshit anyway.

BotW is at least hoest enough to not even pretend to care about its dungeons. Meanwhile, idiots will tell you that MM actually has the best dungeons in the series

This, Majora's Mask shares all of the same flaws as Wind Waker, objectively speaking they should be considered equals, and neither is remotely as good as OOT or ALTTP. But instead Majora fanboys completely ignore all of it's flaws & blindly claim it's the best in the series

>Majora's Mask shares all of the same flaws as Wind Waker, objectively speaking they should be considered equals

And personally, although I acknowledge myself to be in the minority, perhaps fairly so, but I prefer WW's characters story and atmosphere

The story & atmosphere are easily superior, Majora's Mask falls apart in the latter regard as soon as you left Clock Town. The overworld was completely bland & lifeless. Whereas WW gets better when you finally leave Outset Island. However the side characters in Majora's Mask were better, despite WW having better Main characters overall

Nigga, that's subjective.
Both games ooze atmosphere and story.

MM(10)>ALttP=OoT>WW(9)>OoA>LA(8)>OoS>BotW>TP(8.8)>2(7)>FSA>ST(6)>1>PH>SS(3)
I haven't played LBW or TFH and I don't think I will.

>However the side characters in Majora's Mask were better, despite WW having better Main characters overall
Only natural since MM doesn't really have a main plot since shit is constantly resetting with time travel

The storytelling was amazing, but it was just the story itself that felt lackluster. The opening 3 hours were the absolute best in any game, but for some reason the rest of the game's main story didn't live up to it. It's like the game wasn't finished, i knew something as wrong when you actually reach the moon & realize it's completely empty & devoid of content

>for some reason the rest of the game's main story didn't live up to i

Because the time traveling only allows the game to tell small, disconnected stories. THis works well for the sidequests but makes the maim game a bore

How could they have even fixed it though?

Allowed for more varied outcomes based on different ways Link tackles the adventure maybe?

That's too bad, LBW isn't as good as LttP but as a LttP fanboy I consider it a worthy sequel.

deserves higher, I haven't felt lost in a game in a long time.
so relaxing to finally forget about life.

Top 100 probably, it's too recent to call it top ten. Give me a few years and some retrospect.

The rental system really turned me off.
I have a friend who speedruns it so I've seen a decent chunk of the gameplay.
Giving the player everything from an early point and placing few to no new items in dungeons really destroys the Zelda formula in my opinion.
The strongest parts of BotW design-wise were the forced linear segments before each "dungeon" with a properly designed difficulty curve.
The illusion of "freedom of choice" is better for marketing, but hurts the replayability and lasting value/impact of a game in the long run. I understand that BotW was marketing itself as what it was, but it would be a better Zelda and a more definitive video game with skillset-expanding upgrades from dungeons and an intended progression path.