Name a better JRPG series

Name a better JRPG series.
youtube.com/watch?v=bxZTtXRIzNQ

Attached: Suikoden_Logo.png (390x118, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZnCxlszo-U
youtu.be/fejbSLYacaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Grandia
But Suikoden will always hold a place in my heart.

Attached: 1549933598325.jpg (400x270, 70K)

there's really only one great entry to Suikoden, FF is easily better as a series

Attached: yuna.jpg (640x416, 52K)

Suikoden, Neptunia, Legend of Heroes, Atelier and Kingdom Hearts are easily the worst RPG series in the entire known universe. Anything is better than those 5.

Both are generic shit. Try harder.

Attached: Org XIII party.jpg (1024x560, 62K)

The main thing I know about Suikoden is the massive amounts of orgy fanfiction it has

Hello

Attached: WildArms.png (421x237, 152K)

post teams

Attached: 00023.jpg (630x475, 73K)

What a perfect bait!

The Legend of Heroes, Atelier, Utawarerumono, EXA_PICO.

Can't, playing suikoden 2 hard mode patch rn, so physical attackers are fucking worthless no matter what. Not got a real team setup yet. Suiko 1 hard mode patch team was luc tengaar and crowley obviously. Viktor was fucking worthless, flik surprisingly turned out to be useful. Guessing 2 team is gonna be sierra tir riou luc mazus rina if physical stays as worthless as it is even if you do all the rune shenanigans that makes it op in the original game

Its a shame Konami is such shit these days. They LEAST they can do is port them for those of us who don't want to emulate.

*blocksyourpath*nowwatchasideliverallmyvoicelineswithouttakingabreathbutalltheothercharacterstalknormally

Attached: S568567.jpg (1024x768, 228K)

Hey, you could ask them, they're even doing a Contra collection these days.

>Let's give you a bunch of characters you can take into battle
>And then force 1-4 jackasses into your party at almost all times
>Let's make a character require all of his apprentices in the party to get him to join
>And them limit when you can recruit him to one narrow window in the plot where nobody is wasting your party slots
>Let's give them a unique Unite attack
>And make it impossible to use in the final battle because two idiots force their way into your party for it
fuck all Suikodens but V.

megami tensei, kiseki, saga.

>being THIS mad about mace

Attached: suikoden-ii-728.png (800x600, 69K)

Boom boom

*Blocks your path*

Attached: Hyperdimension Neptunia.jpg (1920x1200, 334K)

Attached: suikoden-ii-533.png (800x600, 51K)

Attached: C0flNxdUcAAz46c.jpg (900x1200, 188K)

Kiseki is so fucking boring, I honestly don't understand why Yea Forums likes the games so much

Never heard of this patch, sounds cool. Gonna look it up

Attached: suikoden-ii-683.png (800x600, 78K)

that moment when the game gets 100% better

Attached: suikoden-ii-277.png (800x600, 79K)

almost anything really since 4 and 5 dragged the series down

That neat

it's a slightly above average, unpopular game. Perfect for the contrarians on this board, same with the SaGa series

Grandia HD FUCKING WHEN ASDFLKJALDFKJA

I'd like to hear what you consider a good JRPG series then, mister.
Especially since according to you, SaGa games of all things are "above average games for contrarians"

Attached: 1537536098503.jpg (668x600, 56K)

>hear nothing but bad things about Suikoden IV
>decide to download it just to have it for a lsyrt playthrough and complete my Suiko collection this way
>fire it up to see if it works
>hear the intro theme

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZnCxlszo-U

There is no way this game can be as bad as people say. This gave me hard Chrono Cross vibes.

I would consider SMT, Xeno, and DQ to be the current best jRPG series (replace DQ with souls if you consider those as jRPGs). Trails had slow build up but was worth it...until cold steel fucked everything up. SaGa is largely uninteresting

>I honestly don't understand why Yea Forums likes the games so much
Because the people who develop it were huge fans of Suikoden and Xenogears (citing both as the main influences for the series), and it shows. It really does feel like combining the grand multiple game spanning epic narrative of Suikoden combined with the meticulous detailing and worldbuilding of Xenogears.

>I would consider SMT, Xeno, and DQ to be the current best jRPG series
>SaGa is largely uninteresting
Ah, you're genuinely another hopeless casual pretending to have a worthwhile opinion on anything then, good to know.
Seems the theory about SMT becoming the new FF is true too.

Attached: 1554408775129.jpg (433x427, 86K)

>SaGa is largely uninteresting
jrpgs are about combat, and saga has the most interesting combat systems by miles.
smt, sure. dq is the most generic of generic, and "current" xeno is pure unadulterated garbage and has been since everything after xc1 user

>since everything after xc1
xenosaga 3*
don't pretend xc1 is good, even the director apologized to older fans for it

>You
>Luc
>Sierra
>Your Sister
>Georg
>Sheena

that's a lot of buzzwords

>jrpgs are about combat
yes, SMT has the best turn based system, Xenoblade has the best active combat system. DQ is uninteresting combat but makes up for it in other aspects, and if you count souls then the action based combat is better than SaGa too.

>jrpgs are about combat
not really, exploration is a big aspect as well, in that case xenoblade/souls take a fat shit on SaGa

>talking about combat
>suddenly switch to story with xenoblade because he knows the combat is better than SaGa

Attached: animu.jpg (859x1024, 141K)

CUTE

Attached: suikoden-ii-142.png (800x600, 57K)

I was gonna say saga 3 desu, but then I remembered I had a pretty good time playing xc1. The combat is not great, admittedly despite what I just said, but xc1 had done a very good job of being extra comfy, so it gets points for that in my book. The ones after it didn't even have that going for them.

>Xenoblade has the best active combat system
I actually cannot believe someone unironically thinks this lol. Nor does smt have the best turn based system. It's fun and has its good points don't get me wrong, but it could be a whole lot deeper and with more interesting shit to do and a plethora of options added.

>xenoblade combat
>better than anything
Nothing is as bad as real time with cooldowns.

>I actually cannot believe someone unironically thinks this lol
of course, no other jRPG out now has the depth of Xenoblade X/2, aside from the garbage mech combat in X. Funny how you exclude 1 when it's widely considered to have a weaker combat system than its sequels when talking about combat system. Then again, I don't expect a SaGa contrarian to be very bright, guess the combat went over your head.

>that's a lot of buzzwords
And that's a bad way to cope with your shit opinions.
>SMT has the best turn based system
SMT combat is FF tier garbage with the cancer system that is press turn, which removes all sort of complexity from its combat.
>Xenoblade has the best active combat system
It's shallow QTE trash with nothing but layers of shallow raw multipliers piled upon each others, don't kid yourself.
>and if you count souls then the action based combat
Souls combat is hot garbage even by action based standards, comparing action based systems to turn based systems is also incredibly stupid but I cannot expect any less from somebody who thinks SaGa games have bad combat.
>exploration is a big aspect as well, in that case xenoblade/souls take a fat shit on SaGa
Romancing SaGa 1 alone is more nonlinear and has better exploration than all the entries in both franchises, and I wish I were shitposting since RS1 is a terribly flawed and unpolished game.

Attached: QTEblade2.webm (720x404, 2.98M)

Name a better JRPG sister

Attached: suikoden-ii-640.png (800x600, 82K)

SaGa

>Funny how you exclude 1 when it's widely considered to have a weaker combat system than its sequels when talking about combat system
The fuck are you talking about. I literally said it had pretty terrible combat, but made up for it by being maximum comfy with music and some areas.
Something the next two xc's lacked in addition to still having relatively dogshit combat

Attached: thinking.png (1200x1200, 148K)

Isn't Kiseki also jam packed with Suikoden references and easter eggs?

>special attacks you build up to that have QTEs are less in depth than attacks you build up to that play a cutscene instead
hmm

>Romancing SaGa 1 alone is more nonlinear and has better exploration than Xenoblade X
how to discredit your opinion with a single sentence

music in 2 is largly lauded like 1 and the areas are similar, X has better areas than 1

>X and 2 lacked music and areas
I'll give you music with X, but other than that 2 and X were better in areas, combat as well. Only thing 1 does better is plot, which isn't part of your initial argument (combat)

Attached: chadwarden.jpg (640x424, 33K)

Every single protagonist shares the same weapons as the protagonists in Suikoden games

Rean doesn't

>SMT has the best turn based system
Not even the best by Atlus

Attached: 1526247584666.png (306x347, 226K)

You're seriously implying spamming attacks on simple cooldown loops is anything but babby tier shit?
>how to discredit your opinion with a single sentence
It does though and you fail to give any real argument against it.
It's also funny that you say SaGa games have worse exploration and nonlinearity than Xenoblade games when Takahashi himself worked on those as map designer when he was still green and learned from those, he'd be pretty offended too that you're insulting that series in general, especially when it's the golden standard for nonlinear JRPGs since the SNES days.
Then again, you can't reason with casuals, I guess they're simply too much for your little brain to properly comprehend, which is why you can only afford to play braindead games like Souls, SMT or DQ.

Attached: 1547064371471.png (602x720, 183K)

If you've played the other Suikoden you'll see why it's bad.

Why should I, when most JRPGs have the same tired and uninspired inspirations for settings and the like compared to their superior versions?

Attached: 1538542699331.jpg (683x1024, 112K)

No they don't. Tir uses a bo staff, riou uses tonfas, dunno what hugo uses, tir uses dual swords, freyjadour uses a tri-nunchaku
Unless you're saying kisekis sequels each use the weapon as the protag from the equivalent numbered game

Suiko- wait.

You're right.

2 > 5 > 1 = 3 > 4

Took a while for this image to be posted, lol.

Attached: Lenneth Valkyrie 02.jpg (1240x1754, 849K)

DANGER OF FALLING IN LOVE LIKE THIS

Always want to use Sierra, but can't ever bring myself to have a caster on frontline even though I know shes strong.

It's not as bad as people say. People overreact at going from 6 party members to 4 honestly, and overreact to how much of a pain the boat is or they're too dumb to get a champion rune to stop it being annoying.
Suikoden 4 is a pretty good game honestly, with some obvious flaws and annoyances but none that make it irredeemably bad

Lunar

>Takahashi himself worked on those as map designer when he was still green and learned from those
explains why it's boring as shit then, exploration in the older xeno games prior to blade were bland as shit. He'd probably agree with me, if anything.

>You're seriously implying spamming attacks on simple cooldown loops is anything but babby tier shit?
as opposed to the simple single ability/attack spam in SaGa? I can play the reductive game too

1 = 2 > 4 = 5 > 3

So don't put her on the frontline then? Nothing stopping you from backlining her. You get plenty of s range casters who are too garbage defensively or physically to be on the front line, luc being a clear and consistent example. Although sierra is actually capable of frontlining, she can attack for non shit amounts and take a hit

Seething much that your weebshit games are being exposed for the drivel that they are? And I see that you're currently discussing the ""combat"" of JRPGs. As if a poor imitation of actual tabletop roleplaying that's never evolved past menu-based grinding could ever have good, let alone immersive combat.

Attached: 1528085202650.jpg (2000x1797, 853K)

>TFW feels like a betrayal not having Fliktor in party but Valeria and Anita are too based

Luckily Flik is only about 10% of the cool factor of Fliktor and Viktor does based damage without their duo.

SaGa is so based

Nah, I'm just surprised. To each their own.

Attached: Mystina 03.jpg (433x650, 67K)

do I need to annihilate you with my xenoblade 2 copypasta again? Don't make me post it, 3 different occurrences I've made you scurry back in your hole P:Tfag

3>2>1>4>5

Attached: 5WLR-47.jpg (731x1024, 153K)

Estelle uses a Bo Staff
Joshua uses dual swords
Lloyd uses tonfas
The trivia that Trails games protagonists used the same weapons as Suikoden games protagonists was written before Cold Steel came out (I haven't touched Cold Steel yet)

Are you talking about Persona?

Speechless, much? Also, it's quite pathetic that most JRPGs have teenage characters wielding katanas and the like. Suikoden and Kiseki are barely any better just because the protagonists revert to boring martial arts weapons. I think one Kiseki protagonist even is the typical highschool anime boy wielding a katana! Pathetic display, truly pathetic.

Attached: 1526628082751.jpg (2000x1952, 735K)

>you've trekked all over the queensland and have settled down for the day. getting ready for bed you see zerase waiting expectantly on the edge of your bed with bare, dirty feet presented. "you thought i would offer my help today for free?"

wat do

Attached: 6ccbb3549fd286f733ef83d9d544040d.jpg (370x603, 39K)

Nioh has better combat than any WRPG ever made put together. Sad.

Suikoden V >>>>>>>>>> Suikoden II.

That's information, not an opinion.

Sure

Attached: 500635-langrisser-ii-genesis-front-cover.jpg (800x1112, 296K)

Star Ocean.

it's not really just Nioh really, even the average jRPG has far better combat than the entire

take xenoblade 2 for instance, lets compared xenoblade 2 with D:OS. XC2 does the same thing as the OS's world/battle transition except it's not turn based, enviornmental hazards are in play, blade combos (which create seals to block off tributes/moves) and driver combos (incapacitate/burst damage) combine to create fusion combos which increase the effects of both combo paths and apply bonuses, such as extra party gauge, increased special build up, etc. Then you have other things to consider; positioning, pouch items, type of enemy, elemental weakness/resistance are some of those. On top of this, the game has a canceling mechanic that requires proper timing to boost specials and arts. Behind the scenes, characters are completely customizable with different blades that change stats, classes, abilities, passives, and certain ones have special prioritizes which change up how the game work (e.g. corsette brings a new dynamic to potion collection which increases fusion combo damage, an extra incentive to give up positioning to collect potions rather than just health). I haven't even gone over additional mechanics like just range or affinity, the latter which intertwines narrtive elements into gameplay, something further emphasized with the DLC in terms of blade partnership vs ownership.

Attached: hmm.png (500x566, 36K)

>explains why it's boring as shit then
Because you're shitposting, obviously.
Explain to me how RS1 has shit exploration when you have eight different characters who also start from eight different points in the map, and a huge map with over ten cities and an average of 20 twenty dungeons, with a complete freedom of progression, multiple questlines with different branching, multiple recruitable characters and so on.
Neither Souls nor Xeno games have anything like it, and yet you claim they have better exploration for some reason.
>exploration in the older xeno games prior to blade were bland as shit
No wonder, they were linear, cinematic games.
>as opposed to the simple single ability/attack spam in SaGa?
Spamming single abilities in SaGa is the best way to end up with a garbage party though, because unlike all the other babby games you mentioned where your characters get fed some arbitrary, fully automatized growth that is completely disconnected from the gameplay, what you do in SaGa ends up shaping your characters.
Now, the GB games were indeed spammy given the relative simple mechanics of the time, I won't argue with that, and RS1 was a mess for its time, but saying that SaGa games are spammy is beyond ridiculous, it only points out how very little you know about basic mechanics, which leads me to wonder whether you played more than ten minutes before getting filtered since anyone knows you don't spam whatever shit in SaGa games.

Then again, you're entitled to your garbage taste, just don't expect me or anyone else to take you seriously when you come up with complete bullshit, it only shows how much of a seething simpleton you are.

Attached: 1467013223979.jpg (568x479, 46K)

How can a series be good if it only has one good game?

*entire wRPG genre

English SaGa Scarlet Grace when

Attached: 1529036796754.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

JEANNES TIDDIES IN SUIKODEN 4

Attached: 1457396707722.png (321x322, 39K)

ebin post m8. oozing with originality. did you download those images all by urself? truly ebin!

You should have done a little more research for your trolling though. The most common archetype and weapons are that of western knights.

woah...8 different paths...that's definitely more than Gormott's countless diverging areas in 2 or, I don't know, the entire map of Xenoblade X where you can go anywhere aside from 2 floating locations

>Spamming single abilities in SaGa is the best way to end up with a garbage party though
and spamming attacks in XC2 is the quickest way to get aggro fucked along with driver arts off cooldown, I just mimicked your reductive garbage argument

Soon, my brother.
Have patience.

Attached: 64553192_p0_master1200.jpg (964x1200, 961K)

all of them are good, even 5. I mostly look at games from a gameplay perspective, but I will admit the story is kinda bad, but in a goofy kind of way.

>wRPGtard leaves again
reminder to copy paste this for the future, anytime you see one of his charts reply to him with this and he runs away like a bitch

Attached: emoji.jpg (600x600, 28K)

>TFW she's probably decrepit or a monster underneath her true runes magic but tiddies so good you'd suck the tiddies newys

None of that matters, considering that you can't even apply your arts to solving problems outside of combat, failing at that immersive element which plagues all JRPGs. Incidentally, this is also SaGa games are not all that different from your typical JRPG, contrary to what Saga Fans like to believe. They still lack the interactivity that distinguishes WRPGs from JRPGs.
I was merely preparing a response. Typical JRPGtard who can't be patient for one minute due to his overexposure of anime waifus and flashy attacks.

Attached: 1550768349500.jpg (2000x2412, 741K)

Dragon's Dogma is better than any WRPG you can conjure :)

>eight different points in the map, and a huge map
yes, yes, well done romancing SaGa. However...

Attached: OxJCAsn[1].jpg (1024x1006, 206K)

none of the enemies in XC2 are capable out out DPSing your healing abilities until they get rage abilities at half health and at that point you can just nuke them with a single combo so that would never come into play

Being overly verbose in describing combat and rpg systems doesn't make them complex

>JRPGS and WRPGS do different things
Wow what a shocker

>what are field skills
another failed counterattack

I'm just using wRPGtard's own (failed) logic to annihilated him

shame they stopped at 3, wouldve been nice to see where the rest of the story was going

yeah, it's not like multiple enemies have heal null or AoE CC burst damage to incapacitate healers or anything

There was a rumour leak by the creator revealing how it would have possibly gone

>Game is an all out war against Harmonia
>Find out that all runes came from a singular all powerful rune that acted as a leech on all life in the world
>The Sindar sacrificed themselves to split it into 27 parts in order to delay it from killing all life
>Go on a quest to recover all true runes so you can destroy them all

Here's the problem though.
WRPGs are a dead genre.

JRPGs, however, are currently the best JRPGs and WRPGs.

All of your examples are preposterously old games or actual bad games (Divinity)

Here's the little dirty secret WRPGs fags don't want you to know about..

Here's what a WRPG is now..
MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA
DRAGON AGE INQUISITION
FALLOUT 76
WITCHER 3

Your arguments might have been valid in 1990, but with the nips are doing what WRPGs were known for better in present day, well..

Attached: 1553410249874.png (478x456, 407K)

>woah...8 different paths...that's definitely more than Gormott's countless diverging areas in 2
No brainlet, they're not paths, they're starting points, which lead not only to different progression, they lead to:
>Different party composition
>Different campaign progression
>Different campaign content altogether
>Different recruitable characters depending on the campaign
>that's definitely more than Gormott's countless diverging areas in 2
RS1 doesn't even need one choke point with diverging areas because it doesn't bottleneck your progression behind the main plot like XB2, and just to return to Souls, it's structured EXACTLY like Dark Souls, with each area having shortcuts or entrances to other areas or cities, making the whole map interconnected and even more interconnected than DS1, and that's counting the SNES version alone and not the vastely improved PS2 remake.
There's only two places you can't reach in the first five minutes of the game, how much does it takes you to reach Gormott in the first place?
>and spamming attacks in XC2 is the quickest way to get aggro fucked along with driver arts off cooldown
Doesn't matter because enemies in XC2 are chumps and you can always outheal them unless you go suicidal on roaming enemies that have a much higher level than you, and again, you can freely spam as much as you like and have no real consequence, can't do that in SaGa since your commands are part of your character history until the very end of the game, let alone the fact that you'll actually get raped in those games since healing is massively nerfed, you have permadeath and enemies play to win in there.

see>Different party composition
>Different campaign progression
>Different campaign content altogether
>Different recruitable characters depending on the campaign
this isn't exploration

Dragon's Dogma is a shitty action RPG in which your ultimate goal is to just kill a dragon, among other things. Where's the actual roleplaying as an actual character in that?
Yes, WRPGs do things differently than JRPGs in the sense that they do what JRPGs try to do, but better and with less cringe. For example, at least WRPGs know how to do lore and humor right in their descriptions.
You don't seem to be doing a very good job at that. Anyways, field skills don't affect how the story turns out, they only give you bonuses that don't matter at all in modifying the narrative how you like it.
Sorry sweetie, but Divinity: Original Sin 2 is an actually good game (despite your pathetic deflections) that came out in 2017.

Attached: 1553178614850.jpg (2000x910, 484K)

The ladies and allies at Bioware released another 10000/10 WRPG Anthem!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, let's show those Sekiro (more like Sukiro XD) losers what a WRPG can do!

Attached: 1514757738437.jpg (222x228, 6K)

>this isn't exploration
>Hey, look at all this content that changes depending on how you start and progress through the game and makes each playthrough feel fresh and with new surprises each time depending on where you go, when you go and with who you go
>No exploration, sir, that just won't do.
>But fucking Xenoblade 2 man, that truly is a masterpiece of exploration with its interconnected corridors and main quest bottlenecks in 2017.
>And each time you start it it's the same exact game too.

Attached: 1522596380119.png (609x455, 371K)

That humor is cringy as fuck, while the item description in Dark Souls informs the player about Gwyn, his knights and Havel as an individual with brevity and elegance.
>Dragon's Dogma is a shitty action RPG in which your ultimate goal is to just kill a dragon, among other things. Where's the actual roleplaying as an actual character in that?
What are:
>builds
>pawn system
>choices
And so on. Not to mention it has better gameplay than literally any WRPG ever made, by a very, VERY long shot.

>field skills don't affect how the story turns out
as opposed to any of the shit you posted? Don't think so kid

Fine. Let's pretend Divinity is good (it's not).

That's your one modern game so far. Why are you dwelling so hard on nostalgia faggotry?

I wonder why..

it's kind of funny how jrpg fans never do this in wrpg threads. strong case of little man syndrome with you guys

correct, it's different content but the exploration of areas is the same. It's like saying Route A and B of REmake 2 constitute different exploration when really it's the same shit aside from the first and last 5 minutes. I do appreciate how you continue to ignore Xenoblade X, though, really drives my point across.

Not one of the two autists arguing but I'll say this much:

SaGa Frontier 2 makes me really happy and was one of my favorite games growing up, dialogue is pretty sparse so I cherish every time there's some going on, and read it as if I would a children's story-book. The music is Hamauzu's best, the watercolor graphics are based, and the Gustave storyline is too short for its own good - it should have been the main plot, and not fucking Wil (((Tycoon))) and the Egg. I even went as far as to draft up a youtube video series on comparing the aesthetic to some classic russian literature tropes, never got around to it.

RS3 or whichever got on released on mobile/switch/steam is dogshit and I could not get into it at all, what the fuck were they thinking. Broken garbage. SF2 was miles more accessible.

XC2 I've played for 60h, jerked off to Pyra and Mythra a few times, enjoyed the fan service, didn't get Kos-Mos, tried hacking a savefile but miserably failed so I just gave up. But ultimately it felt hollow as a game, except for the soundtrack which was really really based.

That is all.

Attached: 027.png (1000x1000, 137K)

to be fair, no one gives a shit about wRPGs outside of this sad fuck, they die instantly aside from witcher which people didn't give a shit about until almost all the wRPG elements were washed after the first one

>Divinity: Original Sin 2 is an actually good game
An RPG with no functional distiction between daggers, crossbows and maces is suddenly a good RPG to you, WRPG-Kun?
There's not even any roleplaying in that piece of shit, you can even have conflicting tags, wrong log entries and god knows what else, let's not talk about the battle system either because that's opening another can of worms.

Attached: OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.webm (358x696, 2.28M)

>literally announce it months ago
>NOTHING SINCE
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAACKKKK YOUUUU

1 was amazing and 2 was GOTY 3 was average i guess but atleast it tried to be different. 4 was garbage and 5 was prettt good but only because it was basically a copy paste of the first 2 games.

WRPG fans on life support after this post.

>series
well, I mean, almost half the suikoden games are ass so that's not hard. Now had you said a better game than suikoden 2, now that's a different story

the character building in W1 makes the average FF game look deep and complex

Sierra is best

Attached: suikoden-ii-655.png (800x600, 43K)

JUST PICKED UP THE WIFE'S BOYFRIEND AND THE NEW BIOWARE BANGER. REVIEW ON TUMBLR WHEN I FINISH CHORES FOR MY COMPUTER PRIVILEGES. HOIPE!

Attached: Nu-males-7.jpg (1024x672, 237K)

>correct, it's different content but the exploration of areas is the same.
Pfff, alright then, let's pretend it is despite the fact that it's not, it's still more than XB2, which doesn't even have different content.
>I do appreciate how you continue to ignore Xenoblade X
What's there to ignore? An empty sandbox with a main hub and MMO tier questboards?
Amazing "exploration" for sure, too bad you still have to wait for skells for the world to actually open up, more open than a 1991 SNES game for sure, but if it couldn't do even that it's would be all the more embarassing.

And even there, compared to other SaGa games like RS2, where the world changes dynamically depending on many factors ranging from the character you're playing as, your world history and your quest choices, it's still pretty poor, and mind you, we're comparing Wii U/Switch games with SNES games, and outside of the world size they all come short in actual exploration AND progression compared to sense games from two decades ago, though since I'm pretty honest about my own opinions, I'll give you that they do have better exploration than a few SaGa games like the GB trilogy Frontier 2 or TLR, given how those games are also an exception by being linear, or semi linear.

imagine being so upset that you passive aggressively strawman people

>Tfw no more Sierra and Nash adventures

Attached: 1552875246731.jpg (399x464, 52K)

>brevity and elegance
Nice fucking excuse just to say lazy.
Perhaps I worded that a bit incorrectly, WRPGs allow you to build your character to reflect on the story and give it a different perspective like with their dialogue systems, unlike JRPGs (see pic related).
Keep seething, modern JRPGs are shit and will never ascend to the peak that were WRPGs like Deus Ex, KOTOR, and Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. Fine, just wait until Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and Cyberpunk 2077 come out, then you'll see, you'll all see.
Somebody has to remind you that actual good games exist. We're on Yea Forums, the hub of shit taste after all.
Still better than "HOLY SHIT, let me spam my super special OP arts and attacks and not have to use items until the end of the game" that is most JRPGs.

But enough. I tire of arguing with you faggots. You're too exhausting to deal with, and I sincerely hope I never have to see your kind again around here. Have fun fapping over your shitty waifus in your "role-playing" games while I go do something else worth my time, like play a WRPG.

Nice self-portraits of yourself by the way, user. You take them yourself?

Attached: 1527054100784.jpg (2000x1176, 529K)

1 is good
2 is GOD tier
3 is meh
4 is one of the worst RPGs ever
5 never played and no one talks about so that so ?

Not really a 'great' series

>Cyberpunk 2077

Attached: 1501965583513.png (142x340, 49K)

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YUBER HELP ME

Attached: suikoden-ii-610.png (800x600, 87K)

>Nice fucking excuse just to say lazy.
Better written than Planescape Torment's cringy garbage lmao.
>Fine, just wait until Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and Cyberpunk 2077 come out, then you'll see, you'll all see.
Holy fuck lmao
>Still better than "HOLY SHIT, let me spam my super special OP arts and attacks and not have to use items until the end of the game" that is most JRPGs.
HOLY FUCK LMAO
>But enough. I tire of arguing with you faggots
LITERALLY FUMING LMAAAAAAAO

Fuck off, thot.

>Still better than "HOLY SHIT, let me spam my super special OP arts and attacks and not have to use items until the end of the game"
So exactly like D:OS2, except that in there you have MMO tier cooldowns which also do not matter as soon as Act II?
And who the hell even uses items in D:OS games outside of maybe the undead shackle pots rush? Everything was nerfed to hell coming from the first game so that the only "strategy" there is to the game is spamming teleports and then wildly spam whatever attack you have available, if you don't want to cheese of course.

Seething and overdramatic cringe reaction, as expected of a JRPG fanboy who's watched one too many hyperexaggerated anime cutscenes like that utter fucking schlock in XC2.

>I tire of arguing with you faggots.
lmao

>"YOUR GAMES ARE SHIT"
>Well where are your games..?
>"SHUT UP YOUR GAMES ARE SHIT!"
>I see pretty much every WRPG for the past 25 years has been poorly received or really bad..
>"JUST YOU WAIT THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!!!!"

user he doesn't actually play games he's just obsessed with proving the superiority of his team.
Nah you're literally rage quitting, the best of WRPGs isn't even as relevant as Dark Souls, much less the timeless experiences the likes of Chrono Trigger.
XC2 is actually better written than all WRPGs released the past 2 years.

nothing personell, kid

Attached: suikoden-ii-691.png (800x600, 62K)

>This is what passes as """"""stealth"""""" in the so called best CRPG of the decade

Attached: Sneak level 0, Master of Stealth.jpg (1920x1080, 708K)

WRPGs are so unfun you'd rather go shit up some thread on Yea Forums of people discussing superior games (JRPGs) rather than play them.

>too bad you still have to wait for skells for the world to actually open up
you can go anywhere in X except for 2 small floating areas without skells (and it's better)

Attached: 420.jpg (995x933, 87K)

Thank you for the good news, anonymous internet man. You've brought me joy, but I can't explain why.

suikoden: pretty good game but looked and felt dated even when it was new
suikoden 2: amazing game dragged down by dumb plot and shitty timed quest
suikoden 3: ok game with too much backtracking and filler content
suikoden 4: trash game with only one redeeming value

still haven't played 5 yet

Attached: suiko4.webm (190x316, 2.99M)

There aren't any to play. The last decent one to release was 15 years ago.

1 is great
2 is great
3 is the best
4 is extremely bad
5 is pretty good

>argument about combat
>changes it to story once he gets BTFOd by my xenoblade 2 copypasta again
another victory for me

Attached: jej.jpg (453x453, 22K)

BEST MUSIC

Attached: suikoden-ii-588.png (800x600, 96K)

We're all in this together, my man.
I'm waiting for it just like you are, word of God says they're working on it, God delivered without fail despite being late, I trust him.

I hope we'll be able to enjoy the game together when it comes out, I've been purposedly avoiding spoilers since the rerelease given how I played the original version three years ago, I can't wait to see all the new stuff either and play again, I just hope the new paradigm shift isn't too hard for most fans out there.

Attached: 60792123_p0.jpg (1964x2664, 1.34M)

You can say 1000 things about them but never mention that Final Fantasy 7 is actually more fun to play than unnecessary complex western rpg

Jeanne got a lot less special in 5 where everybody had great tits

Is Unlimited Saga good?

remember that you can hold one of the shoulder buttons to make your ship go faster. I went through like 20 hours of the game before I found this out.

what did he mean by this

Attached: suikoden-ii-616.png (800x600, 83K)

S4 was only "bad" because it came out after FF12 and FF fanboys are fucktards

Is Suikoden V good?

Depends entirely on how much of a fa/tg/uy you are.
Are you into more explicitly tabletop like systems with intricate rulesets, dice throws, powergaming, dungeon crawling and crazy build systems coupled with exotic, never seen before (and after) mechanics?
Unlimited will probably be God's gift to you.

Are you more into a standard JRPG and want to relax and unwind by following a simple progression, clear main storyline and simple gameplay?
You'll hate Unlimited with all your heart and drop it thirty minutes in.

Attached: Laura_desert.webm (640x480, 1.9M)

youtu.be/fejbSLYacaU

S3 was my fucking jam back in the day.

Out of the PS2 games S5 is the best IMO, with S3 coming second and S4 third. We don't talk about Tactics

Master, forgive me... but I'll have to go all out... just this once

Attached: suikoden-ii-403.png (800x600, 93K)

you haven't even played the games in that series you fucking retard

Why are jrpg fans worse than any other fanbase out there?

why would someone shill a video game they never played before on an anonymous image board?

That's what I'm wondering

Attached: suikoden-ii-048.png (800x600, 89K)

Attached: suikoden-ii-620.png (800x600, 55K)

How much longer is Suikoden 2 after you kill the big bad dude that you 1v18? thats the last thing I remember from my playthrough 5 years ago and stopped right after

(You) Oulan Kasumi
Karen Rina Eilie

this is the best suikoden 2 party

That's about half way through.

Attached: suikoden-ii-479.png (800x600, 79K)

I'd say maybe 80% done

>picking kasumi over vastly superor valeria

da fuk

God damn. I fucking love this fight. Why has no game ever tried this again?

kasumi has animated titty bounce in her combat sprite

Suikoden I-III is the best story and characters of any RPGs I've played. However, after that, the games became weak prequels and spin offs, completely defeating the appeal of the series. The creator leaving and Konami's minimal funding killed the series. I would also say, Chrono, but that series only had two games. One of which was incomplete.

For this reason, I have to say Dragon Quest is the best series. Because it has far more consistency and good games over three decades. Suikoden only had the first three games.

Attached: 1364705520819.jpg (243x207, 11K)

>MOBAs
>Fighters
>RTS
>basically any competitive multiplayer game

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Attached: suikoden-ii-487.png (800x600, 47K)

>final boss is a palette swap of a previous boss
>suikoden babies will defend this

NANI???

Attached: suikoden-ii-482.png (800x600, 87K)

mah nigga, best girl by far

lol this guy again
its literally the same guy in every thread posting the same memes

My favorite part of Suikoden was the Thomas chapters. I can see why people disliked them, they were pretty slow paced and there wasn't much going on, but it was maximum comfy and full of feels.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

I loved them too. Really unique way of incorporating the castle mechanic. Most people never even played them. The chapters could have done even more than they did though, if the game wasn't rushed. Which is why Suikoden III needs a remake more than any other game.

Attached: 1322793685330.jpg (725x1350, 802K)