When will it be safe for Soulschads to say this game sucked?

>no builds
>no character customization whatsoever
>huge amount of items and tools with no use
>janky as all hell
>generic atmosphere, setting, and soundtrack
>dreadful pacing

What the fuck went wrong here? I'd shoot this game in the face with a gun if it were a liberal.

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice.jpg (1615x832, 364K)

an eceleb is going to make a video and then Yea Forums will decide that this game is bad

That eceleb will most likely be Matthewmathosis

Sounds like you are stuck. Sekiro is not a game for wander plebs.

Beat it, thought it was shit. Isshin was the only boss I struggled with. That and the first Guardian Ape for some reason.

Not a souls game. You sound like a newfag, bitch nigga. Does every game from Fromsoftware have to be a souls game?

its not a souls game so it makes sense for it to not appeal to the souls fanbase

just because its fromsoft doesnt mean it's souls
i love monster hunter, but that doesnt mean i love streetfighter or resident evil

come on man

I also struggled with Guardian Ape 1st phase.
Overall I liked the game but the parry mechanic is pretty underwhelming as a whole, in other From games, that was something you had to earn.
Sure, later it became mundane to do one in Souls/Bloodborne, but in this game every single encounter relies way too much on parrying.
Also your sword does fuckall damage and has pitiful range. I hope in the next game or even in a patch they add some sort of Boss Rush or something to fight them without having to clear the game again.

literally kill yourself pol retard

Who hurt you user, do you need a hug?

Attached: 1554938638729.jpg (255x383, 50K)

This
It’s like me saying “AChads, rise up against Dark Souls. It has no boosting, barely any tuning options and the mech armor designs suck! Also, where are all the guns?!”

>AChads, rise up against Dark Souls. It has no boosting, barely any tuning options and the mech armor designs suck! Also, where are all the guns?!
This, but unironically.

Attached: Hard Gay Jack.jpg (400x600, 175K)

still seething about the chained ogre. pathetic.

There's not a single person within From that didn't expect it to be compared directly to Souls. The core gameplay, while worse than their recent games, was still built on the Souls framework. The idea was clearly to modify the combat systems a bit and then repackage them with a few twists for a wider demographic.

Just happens that it's a lot less refined and functional than Souls.

It's quite boring after you beat it once and the sidequest are shit as usual.

Not souls and that's a good thing. Also gameplay is better.

I'm so glad soulsfags are seething. What a bunch of annoying cunts.

I'm not so much seething as I am pitying Sekirofags for their blindness. Soulsborne is superior. Sekiro did *almost* nothing better, and definitely a lot worse.

Attached: Bitch+please+_0f44f34503f90916d5acac77ac33fd50.jpg (500x374, 61K)

I'm gonna have to agree with my fellow Soulschad here. Even Dark Souls 2 was better than that garbage.

I'm not a soulsfag, I'm not a sekirofag. I've played them all and enjoyed them all. All those games have good and bad moments but I enjoyed them nontheless.
Hope faggots like you who point fingers at others for no reason die slowly in pain. The world would be better off without such elitist cunts.

They have about the same amount of floatiness and jank gameplay-wise, but at least Dark Souls II has tremendous variety and replayability.

It's a much better action game, and therefore a much better game, than soulsborne. Not that hard to understand really. The only blindness that is sad is the blindness soulsfags has always suffered from by praising to high heaven a gimped action game.

That's not me, that's Black Iron Tarkus.

You can't compare it to Souls, but when you compare it to any big shot action game, it's not that great. Still pretty good, but I hope for their next game they'll stick to what they do best.

It's a lot more fun to play, no turtling around, no rolling/phasing through hits, its optimal way of playing is being extremely aggressive and constantly being on the enemy as he fights with you.
It's a lot more fun than most of Das gameplay.

Yahtzee already said he hates it more than Dark Souls. No one is coming after him for it surprisingly. He also censored his mention of Dark Souls during the video, leading me to wonder if all eceleb drama is bots that were fooled.

Attached: 1275869676983.jpg (221x244, 25K)

Sekiro is a lot better than your half assed ARPGs, (which even you can't like at the end of the day given you constantly argue about which one is less shit than the others) and marks the beginning of the end of your garbage IP, soulsnigger.
The day of the Core can't come soon enough.

Attached: 1554057475916.png (404x470, 283K)

Whe will it be safe for actionchads to say these games sucked?
>no z axis
>customization used as an excuse for shit combat
>most of said options are useless
>janky as all hell
>dreadful pacing, with the second half of at least two games being literally unfinished
What the fuck went wrong here? I'd shoot this game in the face with a gun if it were a liberal.

Attached: file.png (1516x1758, 3.7M)

You know From made games before Souls right? It wasn't fucking designed with builds in mind, it's definitely not perfect but I just keep seeing GAME SUX CUZ NOT SOULS

Attached: 1554923969804.jpg (645x959, 314K)

It's always DaS2tards, always. So insecure they have to shit on every game from soft game post 2. Bloodborne doesn't get that much, but it's presumably because most of them are mustards that can't play it.

That's just not true, Sekiro has better mobility, enemy and level design than literally every other action game ever made. The only thing lacking is options for the player character, which games like Ninja Gaiden and DMC offer.
Sekiro is the better overall package and I think it would be extremely hard to argue otherwise.

>cant make a female shinobi that gets raped upon defeat
shit game

It's a better action game but less balanced, less varied, less atmospheric, less original, less replayable, and overall less fun than Souls. It put all of its effort into singularly improving the combat and it barely succeeded. It suffered in so many other categories. There's not a single fight that's remotely as refined as Souls' greatest hits.

Soulsborne stands as a seminal example of game-design whereas Sekiro is barely above average in comparison.

Attached: 9a1.png (1200x1500, 2.18M)

One day you'll make it past the ogre.

So they'll move to shitting on sekiro instead of 3? Because every single time they shill 2 it's just shitting on that.

Matthew already said he isn't making one anymore because it's the same thing he already said in the Lost Soul Art video.
By the way he also doesn't like Bloodborne for the very same reason.
>less balanced
Wrong
>less varied
True, but I can also word that as "more focused", which it is.
>less atmospheric
Your opinion
>less replayable
More replayable than most action games, less replayable than lots of RPGs. Not necessarily a flaw.
>less fun
Nope.
>There's not a single fight that's remotely as refined as Souls' greatest hits.
Now you're just fucking high, literally Genichiro is better than any Souls boss mechanically.

Soulschad here
for me? i started the game sucked about 4 months before it was released. i have never played, nor watched any videos of sekiro, but i'm still saying that it sucks and calling anyone who likes it a cuck.
so to answer your question, OP, it's never too early.

Attached: 1536756324537.png (209x265, 84K)

>>no builds
>>no character customization whatsoever
>>huge amount of items and tools with no use
>>janky as all hell
>>generic atmosphere, setting, and soundtrack
>>dreadful pacing
>
>What the fuck went wrong here? I'd shoot this game in the face with a gun if it were a liberal.

Autism.
Sekiro is souls for adults.

You're right in a sense. It's like a souls game that was denied oxygen in the womb. So it's not entirely accurate to compare them, even thugh they have similarities, it would be like comparing me (exceptional person) to you (congenital disabilities).

>What the fuck went wrong here?

honestly the game feels like it was made for speedrunner cucks and not for real gamers.

Here's what's great about souls, besides customisation/replayabilty: you feel like the whole world is against you, you fight for every piece of ground. In sekiro the only obstacles are bosses. Sekiro's insane speed means that you get to pick your battles, and the playground. Resulting in 99% of enemies being absolutely no threat. That's a pretty big deal as far as I'm concerned.

We can all tell you're an exceptional individual.

>it's not X game that I like to dickride
>what the fuck went wrong
consider kysing OP

Attached: 1555185810052.jpg (326x294, 18K)

>beat the game days ago
>point out it's a step down form Souls in almost literally ever aspect except one
>"lmao bruh still mad about the ogre bro kek XD"

I'll let you know if the ogre give me trouble in NG+. Oh wait, I'm not playing NG+ because there's no reason to.

Attached: 3e5ea2f20754a0167aace21e614190a5.jpg (600x348, 53K)

there's no "reason" to play video games other than to enjoy it

>Here's what's great about souls, besides customisation/replayabilty: you feel like the whole world is against you, you fight for every piece of ground.
Lol, you can literally just run to every bonfire and fog gate trivially.

>Missing out on 1-3 bosses
>No reason to replay

>He didn't skip catacombs by running
snail speed

idk i usually dont argue about what people want to play and replay
but after beating it i just had an urge to replay ds, not sekiro
even though i agree that sekiros combat mechanics are pretty cool, i am playing ds3 and the combat doesnt feel that interesting anymore

Are you 12? Do you know how many times people played Ocarina of Time?

>play video games for fun
God we finally reached that point uh we're complete reddit by now.

>trivially
It's way harder most of the time since you're not a mach2 grappling ninja, and it will also bite you in the ass since souls game actually have useful stuff lying on the ground/dropped by enemies.

So Nioh is quite literally 20x better than Souls for having many times the replayability and build variety? Got it senpai.

>better mobility
That shit is unresponsive and floaty as fuck. Many of the new movement options are also literally useless. Nothing matches the snappiness and responsiveness of Soulsborne combat.

Maybe! Never played Nioh. But if that's your criteria, sure. I prefer Soulsborne to Sekiro for a huge amount of reasons.

>and it will also bite you in the ass since souls game actually have useful stuff lying on the ground/dropped by enemies.
You can beat Souls with all your starting items and many people do. You can't call all the items and shinobi tools in Sekiro useless on the grounds that you can beat the game without them then say shit in Souls is important when it's identical. Hell starting weapons in Souls are sometimes some of the best weapons.

I avoided the word fun so that your childlike mind wouldn't be able to hyper-focus on it but I guess that failed.

Playing video games without an incentive is "Reddit". Let me guess. Anonymous posting is Reddit? Posting without likes and upvotes is Reddit?
Because there's no reason. I'm just posting for fun. Must be Reddit. Unless you get gold for doing it, then there's a "reason" to post.

Might be the single most reddit-mindset opinion I've ever read on the internet.

>Many of the new movement options are also literally useless
How are jumps useless? Are you dumb? Most of the prosthetics and combat arts have their use as well.
>Nothing matches the snappiness and responsiveness of Soulsborne combat
I actually do not know how some people can unironically think this.

People also used to wipe their shitty assholes with their bare hands. I replay Souls because it's an exceptionally replayable series. Sekiro isn't. Pretty simple really.

And I prefer Sekiro over Souls for having better gameplay, no need to be so insecure and wanting to feel safe about a game doing things better than your favorite game.

>there are actually people here who prefer shitiro over Soulskino

Attached: pepe.jpg (680x440, 22K)

>Many of the new movement options are useless
Jesus Christ you've been CIA-nigger boxed into the "slow is good" souls mindset.

Try playing aggressive and you'll see what the game is about.

NG+ without Kuro's Charm is a better NG+ than any NG+ implementation in Souls, this is not up for debate.

You don't know because you're a fanboy of Sekiro who's experiencing brain fog from masturbating to your Kuro hentai.

>shit meme opinion
>frog picture
I don't even know why I come here anymore. Probably the fact that everywhere else is just as bad.

>Reddit frog
>kino
Cringe.

I was thinking the same thing this morning, beat genichiro in 3 tries and then uninstalled.

I know how to play the game, retard. The whole point is to play aggressively, I did, I beat it. It's bad. Floaty. Janky. Unresponsive.

>adds nothing new
>better than Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 2 ng+

I don't think so.

Nah, it's because I know what a good action game feels like and Souls is just a poor man's action game. Souls babies refused to accept that for a very long time now, but with Sekiro the future is looking brighter.

>pepe is now reddit
what happened?

Attached: anthony-fantano-8.jpg (300x300, 14K)

>janky as all hell
Yeah cos soulsborne games surely don't suffer from these even more than sekiro. Retard.
Go back to your roll, roll, stab trash

Attached: 1547853462637.jpg (425x340, 14K)

Changing a fundamental mechanic of the game is a whole lot better than mixed enemy placements dumbo.

>OH MY GOD I WANNA FUCK MARIAS FEET
enjoy your waifushit lol

>Changing a fundamental mechanic
>dude just parry perfect what you should do always anyways
>changing a fundamental mechanic
alright user.

Soulsborne environments and settings are some of the most creative ever implemented in video games. Sekiro's setting is standard weeb garbage. A barely mythologized Japan - haven't seen that before!

Pepe has been Reddit tier since 2015-2016.

>dude just parry perfect what you should do always anyways
Precisely what makes it good, it punishes you for L1 spamming. Meawhile in Souls you can always 100% of the time roll through anything.
Lol dude it's standard western fantasy.
>standard weeb garbage
I'd love to see you elaborate on that but you won't cause you're a low IQ drooling retard.

Personally, I think DeS is far superior. But that's just me of course.

Attached: matt.jpg (900x900, 32K)

I read Berserk I think I got souls environments covered.

and pol is the_donald since 2016.

Sekiro is, without a hint of irony, the most streamlined and least interesting FROM game to date. I guess in a broader sense they succeeded at what they intended; a flashy, normalfag action game with cool setpieces that people will one and done.

Attached: miyazaki.jpg (400x400, 29K)

I really don't think you can call sekiro janky, and ESPECIALLY not next to shit like their other souls games and kings field.

this it'll get really bloody and you'll feel like you're borne again

>thinking Soulsborne is simple 'western fantasy'
Imagine being this retarded. You Sekiro fags have been critically deprived of oxygen.

Attached: 542820e701dd639b8905fd13d0980cea48f09a733feeeaab5e387d110ec88068.jpg (600x600, 83K)

Thank you. Finally, an adequate amount of brain cells in this thread.

Please elaborate on how it's not.
I know you won't be able to, because I know you're stupid.

It's Western fantasy but copied from a manga.
If anything it's more weeb than Sekiro.

Attached: a5KRQ4N_700b.jpg (700x6001, 1019K)

pretty much sekiro is normie core.

The only setpiece in the entirety of Sekiro is the divine dragon, and how is Sekiro any less normie than Dark Souls?

Because it deliberately subverts most expectations associated with western fantasy and features a unique mythology that you simply can't compare to 99% of western fantasy series?

You can could call DS Dark Fantasy to be a little more accurate, but you'd still be off because it's much, much more than that.

my gf knows what Dark Souls is but never heard of FromSoft or Sekiro.

buddy your favorite franchise is a twitch meme game.

>buddy your favorite franchise is a twitch meme game.
my favorite From Software game would be King's Field 4 mate.

>castle
>dungeon
>swamp
Wow amazing

>Because it deliberately subverts most expectations associated with western fantasy and features a unique mythology that you simply can't compare to 99% of western fantasy series?
Berserk is Western Fantasy my dude.
How is this "subversion" any different from when Sekiro takes the Chinese legends of Xu Fu and the Journey to the West and reinterprets them in their own way? Or with creature design such as the headless being inspired by the kappa?
Or with the Buddhist and Shinto themes of immortality and stagnation/corruption?

The game is much less repayable than most action games because they're is much less depth to the combat. There's nothing to do, nothing new to learn, no room to be creative. Shit even on New Game I was getting bored by the time I got to the Fountainhead Palace because every combat encounter is the same. It's really focused on one type of combat but that combat isn't well developed enough to sustain a game on it's own.

Sekiro is already on track to sell more than any Souls game has sold in it's entire lifespan. It is absolutely a normalfag game. I've heard tons of instances of "I couldn't get into Dark Souls for X reason, but I LOVE Sekiro!". But I know that's just an anecdote, so I'll let the number speak for themselves.

>fastest selling Fromsoft game ever
Cope. They literally don't need to rely on souls shit anymore.

Berserk is the 1%, being the primary inspiration for Souls. I wouldn't say that Berserk is anywhere close to 'standard western fantasy' however. And Dark Souls does even more to distance itself from traditional fantasy aesthetics and themes.

Everyone shitting on Sekiro, it makes me so happy that Dark Souls is now a dead franchise. That you will never get another game you like. Retards who worship stamina bars, armor that makes no sense, half-broken stat systems, replaying games with static layouts and enemies, and a roll system where enemy attacks literally pass through your body and do no damage.
No matter how dumb or broken the systems are Souls fans defend it. A fucking corrupted save bug could make you restart the game, and you people would praise how atmospheric and thematic that 'mechanic' is.
Dark Souls is a mediocre action RPG that sold like 2 million copies and had little to no effect on the industry.
Sekiro isn't perfect. Unseen aid and dragonrot are complete duds. The first area until the castle is visually boring, And it could use The Surge's xp and loot multiplier.
But on all basic points of combat, story, movement, and enemies it blows Dark Souls out of the water.

>tfw From finally realized rolling around and pressing r1 was boring/stupid/clunky as shit
>tfw From got their shit together and made a faster, more fluid combat system with emphasis on parries/counters/jumping on enemies
>tfw rolling into every enemy/boss in the game to i-frame every attack is finally over with
>tfw game still manages to cause more butthurt than soulsborne cos it's harder
Face it soulsbabbies, those games were always poorly made low effort garbage. This is the route From wants to take and I'm glad sekiro is selling like hotcakes. You can go back to your rolling on the floor/lagswitch backstab games if you want. The rest of us will get more sekiro style goodness.

Attached: 1521394678986.gif (800x352, 2.74M)

>"Muh builds"

This expression indicates a Soulsfags confusion and lack of understanding when confronted with the reality that the Souls series has little appeal beyond it's highly autistic levels of minmaxing in order to exploit the games weak combat and objectively broken online system. They can often be found in Nioh and Sekiro threads mumbling, "No lore" and "muh weapon variety".

Attached: 1554517727827.png (747x252, 129K)

Nice made up narrative. If that was the case souls casuals wouldn't be screeching for an easy mode.

>RECENT NEWS: Why I'm okay with cheating to beat Sekiro (PCGamer)

stop making it sound something different from Dark Souls, you're pressing L1 instead of O when somebody attacks you and that's it.

Yeah mash L1 on a grab or sweep. That will work.

It's not harder, it's actually way easier, people don't know how to play it. Nice bait tho, you made me reply.

>waah waah generic environment too much weeaboo
L fucking MAO, can you idiots be any more cringe when criticizing something. i'm not even a huge dark souls fan but i like this game a lot. it's hard yeah but it's fun when you figure out a way to defeat something.
fighting is fun and larping as a ninja samurai is bad ass. edgy underage contrarian niglets go kys yourselves, sekiro is a good game and succeeds on what it's supposed to be, a good action game.

Like in Dark Souls, you can just kite back and keep mashing R1 to stunlock the enemy.
>muh ng+ charm bell bullshit, you can't do that
I don't care, I shouldn't be playing the same game X times to make it more difficult, put difficulty selection from the start.

It's hard because you don't know how to play it and keep playing it like Dark Souls.

Cope.

I agree, I had the same issue with ninja gaiden. Only two attack buttons and no combos makes the game not fun to play again

And there it is, the Sekirofag in his natural habitat, can't come up with anything else to say as usual.

Attached: 1533006658490.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Sekiro is the only playable game from has shit out in 10 years.

this is objectively wrong on almost every point. impressive.

It's not a souls game.

This is when I realize Souls is a Reddit meme franchise like Elder Scrolls and Borderlands.
Anybody who claims souls is better wasn't there to play each one on release. Dark Souls was already very similar to demons. Souls died for real with DaS 2. Zero originality.

At least Sekiro is different. Dark Souls is reaching Call of Duty tier oversaturation.

Attached: 1555385995350.png (1918x954, 1.2M)

how am i playing it like dark souls when i don't know how to play dark souls since i haven't played it.

>repackage them with a few twists for a wider demographic.
AHAHAHAHHA

YOU THINK SEKIRO WAS TRYING TO AIM FOR a *WIDER* DEMOGRAPHIC? or that the changes would have? souls are normie games you retard, kid you're fucking clueless

dark souls invented difficulty haven't you heard?

Lost interest once I beat the Guardian Ape (incidentally the most tedious boss fight in a From game since Bed of Chaos). The combat has very little variety, the katana feels really unsatisfying, and the prosthetics are highly situational and don’t allow for much creative use.

Also, the combat doesn’t have that “chunky” feel that Bloodborne absolutely nailed. There’s no sense of weight or momentum in anything, or at least not for the player character. I can understand why that is, since he’s a super-fast Shinobi, but I wanna feel SOMETHING when I swing a sword. I wish we could have played as a samurai-type character, but that may have made the game too much like Souls, and From wanted to go a different route. Understandable, but it mostly just exposed their own weaknesses in game design.

the only thing sekiro exposed was you.

If you don't think Sekiro was gunning for a wider demographic, you're literally retarded.

beating guardian ape felt like cumming. Like getting an A in a course where the professor is doing everything to fail you.
idk about you but I can't stop until I beat the game now.

t. doesn't know shit about action games

Guardian Ape was the only boss in From's games that I struggled with out of sheer *boredom*. I was constantly sloppy because I just wanted that tedious shit done.

It removed multiplayer.
Multiplayer games have wider reach than single player.

I think I've spelled this out enough.

Imagine being so retarded that you think it's impossible to market to a wider demographic with a singleplayer game.

so which boss are you stuck on user? the monkey?

>make the game harder
>take out the ability to co-op cheese
>no invasion for the dumbfuck normie souls PvPers
>make rolling basically useless

man you're really, REALLY stupid. fucking idiot. you just can't accept either being shit or being too autistic to accept change so you rationalize it by saying
>S--Sekiro was trying to appeal to everyone, that's why I don't like it, it's just watered down trash!

never said it was impossible.
I'm saying all evidence points to the contrary.

I beat the game. I was stuck on Isshin the longest, Guardian Ape the second longest.

Lol I totally get that analogy, it’s how I felt after beating Defiled Amygdala. Sekiro just doesn’t give me that heart-in-my-throat feeling that BB did. I’ll return to it in a few weeks, it’s definitely way too good for an uninstall.
Exposed me as...what?

The game isn't harder, you can easily cheese most of everything and the deflection/posture system is extremely forgiving in most encounters. It appealed to a larger demographic because it's a streamlined action game and we're contrasting it with a more feature-rich, comparatively niche RPG series. You've probably got a massive dent in your skull considering the levels of retardation you're displaying.

>comparatively nich
>Dark Souls

Attached: 1549990462613.png (400x551, 127K)

The other games feel way too slow after finishing Sekiro, builds dont really matter to me but I would have liked some alternate outfits

>feature-rich, comparatively niche RPG series

lol you think souls are RPGs because they have leveling and stats. Sad. Skyrim has more interesting RPG mechanics.

>make the game harder
are you sure you're not just bad at videogames in general?

>soulsfags WILL argue that World of Warcraft is more Souls than Sekiro

You can gatekeep about what constitutes an RPG for years if you want, but Dark Souls undeniably is one. And it offers a level of customization that's far higher than most contemporary RPGs. Useless hyperbole on your part. Expected from an oxygen-deprived Sekirofag.

my bad I don't have the technical skill to stack 99 VIT

>I never played anything but greatsword-100%blockshield-Havel'sarmor and neither did anyone else

>Oxygen Deprived
go play WoW if you think minmaxing builds is interesting and difficult

It's more uncompromising than ever, hence the easy mode screechers.

Yes, Dark Souls is comparatively niche to reasonably standard action-adventure games like Sekiro. Not a difficult concept to wrap your head around.

It's actually for the Chinese market.

I'm not a minmaxer. That's not the only appeal to stats. More useless hyperbole.

That same weapon variety is what leads to exceptional replayability. You don't have to perform every playthrough with the same katana. You can go for a dual dagger playthrough, or a 2h axe playthrough, etc, and the way you approach enemies will be different each time, due to how each weapon's swing speeds, poise, reach, etc affect the combat. Hell, magic-only or ranged-only have been viable build archetypes in some of the souls games too.

I'm not saying sekiro or soulsborne is better or worse, but there are tradeoffs when making a game more focused on a single weapon's moveset. Some people may like that weapon's combat style, other people may dislike it. Some people will never get bored of it, some people may not want to do another replay if it's with the same weapon.

Retard
remember to sage everybody

From only know how to make one game. Sekiro plays like modded souls game.

Difficulty is in vogue right now. It being marketed as a difficult game isn't mutually exclusive with it being marketed to a wider demographic. Nevertheless, it jetted into the mainstream on the standard action-adventure ticket, whereas Dark Souls never really tapped that market because of its highly specific nature.

You can strawman about 'easy mode screechers' if you want but I've barely seen any.

Dude it basically is a boss rush on ng+

So did every other souls game lmao

Not so good replayability does not mean it's a bad game. You don't have to put 200 fucking hours and 5 playthroughs into a game, you can just play it once and that's fine.

>Japanese setting as opposed to western settings
>no online
>no RPG features
>harder game overall that demands you to master a thing everyone ignored in souls, namely parrying
?????????????????????

Yes... thats my point

Well it's not a souls game so that should answer all of your questions.

Sekiro's parrying is nothing like Souls' and it's extremely easy. You can literally get past the majority of the game by just spamming it. Most enemies don't even follow up if your timing is bad enough to get your posture broken.

>Japanese settings are very popular
>Singleplayer games are still very popular
>Most popular games don't have RPG features
>Isn't remotely harder

Are you drooling animals trying to construct a point somewhere?

Attached: oswald-of-carim-large.jpg (600x338, 41K)

It's a Soulslike. It was always going to be compared. It was *meant* to be compared. Not an argument.

>muh customization
>games combat revolves around roll and r1 spam

Customization means nothing when the gameplay is as dull as it was in Demon's Souls all the way to DaS3

Attached: 1335374937131.jpg (300x300, 54K)

I'm hoping for a prequel that takes place in Chine, where we find out the origin of the divine dragon.

Souls series can rot for all I care

Attached: divine dragon.png (302x560, 162K)

I loved Sekiro, but I would have to agree with you on the whole "game feel" thing. A truly great action game shouldn't really "need" a reason to replay it: playing it should feel like it's own reward.
I remember grinding 999 of each of the breakers in the DMC5 Demo. No reason, just a goal.
With Sekiro however, it's like: "Yup, I did it. I beat the game", replayed to fight Isshin and I never touched it again.

>Sekiro's parrying is nothing like Souls' and it's extremely easy.
Rolling in souls is easier, are you retarded? How is this even a point of contention?
Not as popular as western fantasy and have never been
Yes, and most don't have platforming, does that mean Mario is niche? You're actually retarded, but it keeps getting worse
>Single player games are still very popular
Which one is more popular, SP or MP games?
>isn't remotely harder
It measurably, demonstrably is.
Do you keep calling people dumb so they won't suspect that you're a low IQ insecure mongrel?

>Sekiro revolves around deflection spam and occasional counterattacks
It's almost like you've actually got a problem with From's design-philosophy in general but you're either too retarded or too much of a bitch to admit it.

Attached: 1555098006028.jpg (700x700, 126K)

Is there an unlockable shortcut near Owl or do I really need to run from the abandoned dungeon entrance to him every single time?

>Rolling in souls is easier
not the guy you're replying to, but why?

Where did you come from for the Genichiro fight?

Because it's universal. Works for sweeps, thrusts, magic, fire, whatever and abusing i-frames is easier than building up posture with deflections.

Fuck if I know.

Just relight the antechamber idol, the dojo one has a 2 on 1 fight with a mini-boss

You can go back into the castle and go to the top of the tower. You'll need to kill a ninja mini boss and his friend but you can just hop out the window and go straight to Owl.

Just found that. That miniboss infinitely harder than Owl, so it would foolish to try to fight them just to unlock a shortcut.

Customization isn't that big of a deal, only turbo autists care that much about customization because they need to have some super special snowflake setup.

>implying souls isn't janky as fuck too
Souls babies are fucking cancer because now they want nothing else, they're the worst fanbase in the medium these days. Totally insufferable.

>huge amount of items and tools with no use
>janky as all hell

That's Soulsborne to a T though.

are you stuck in 2014? everyone knows dark souls

>>no builds
>>no character customization whatsoever
This is code terms for "The game won't let me overcome the skill challenge by increasing my numbers meaninglessly"

History lesson, Zoomers: Until your crowd infected gaming, ALL games that weren't RPGs were like this. That meant that if you wanted to beat the game, YOU had to get better at it. Not your character.

Attached: hard-truth-logo-dark[1].png (500x500, 9K)

>It would be foolish just to get a shortcut

>Fight and kill one mini boss once vs running through however many ninja every time you die to Owl.

Attached: Artorias reaction.png (500x383, 94K)

>Rolling in souls is easier, are you retarded? How is this even a point of contention?

Because it isn't true? You can literally stand still and mash one button to succeed in most of Sekiro, occasionally needing to dodge a perilous attack. Rolling requires more spacial awareness and a better understanding of enemy movesets.

>Not as popular as western fantasy and have never been

I see a lot more Japanese shit than I do western fantasy these days.

>Yes, and most don't have platforming, does that mean Mario is niche? You're actually retarded, but it keeps getting worse

I was merely pointing out that RPG features don't immediately make something more popular, and most popular things lack them. What are you smoking?

>Which one is more popular, SP or MP games?

Multiplayer of course, but Sekiro is still undeniably more streamlined and mainstream than Dark Souls. Dark Souls' multiplayer was always something of an afterthought anyway, not remotely the biggest focus or appeal. It's a nicher series in most respects.

>It measurably, demonstrably is.

Maybe you're just a retard who doesn't know how to deflect, then?

I have to run through all that shit to get to the miniboss. So it's the same bullshit no matter what. Why do it first for the harder one?

With deflections you don't even need hp damage.

I liked it a lot, but i would still prefer Bloodborne 2/Dark Souls 4

Most of my builds tend to be underpowered in Dark Souls. Stats are a simple but effective way to customize your character in interesting ways. Not everybody who likes them is interested in minmaxing. Nice strawman though.

I wouldn't say it sucks, it's just extremely unsuited for replays and that's something that's just going to reflect worse on it overtime.

>its not an rpg
Expect to see this statement reworded as a complaint about 400 times.
Welcome to sekiro threads

Because you have two shrines on the way to the mini boss, one that's right outside his door. Have you never been inside of the castle?

I don't see how you can complain about too much parrying when every other game is literally just rolling. Sekiro definitely has the most variety in melee combat since parrying, dodging, jumping, mikiri countering, and even sprinting are all viable tools in a boss fight.

On the other hand, 90 percent of Soulborne boss battles have the same strategy of dodging into enemy attacks to abuse iframes and then to stay behind them and poke them in the butt. I actually prefer the areas and basic enemies in Soulsborne but Sekiro bosses are so much more challenging and you have to really learn their movesets to react appropriately.

>i would still prefer Bloodborne 2/Dark Souls 4
I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW FIRELINK SHRINE

I'd prefer they did a new game every time, sequels are cancer and you should be ashamed

Well, even the standard enemies in the castle are significantly tougher than Owl, so I'll take my chances with him.

>Rolling requires more spacial awareness and a better understanding of enemy movesets.
Lol, it requires of you nothing of you other than to know your i-frames. Nothing will EVER hit you if you know that. Sekiro has two sorts of moves for which that won't work, and many other moves that have additional effects if you block like burning and such which can't be deflected.
>I see a lot more Japanese shit than I do western fantasy these days.
Go through every AAA fantasy game and tell me how many are Japanese and how many are Western. It's pretty easy to do and you're empirically wrong.
>I was merely pointing out that RPG features don't immediately make something more popular, and most popular things lack them. What are you smoking?
Which means your initial point is retarded, I could just as easily make the case that since DMC is less popular than Skyrim, RPG elements are aimed at mainstream audiences.
>Dark Souls' multiplayer was always something of an afterthought anyway, not remotely the biggest focus or appeal. It's a nicher series in most respects.
I've proven that wrong already, so moving on to the last point.
>Maybe you're just a retard who doesn't know how to deflect, then?
Which game is easier, the game which you have to learn to play or the game in which you can summon someone else to do everything for you?
Don't burn too many brain cells trying to figure that one out. It might seem too difficult at first but keep going and your slow brain will eventually get there!

Well then if he's that easy you shouldn't need to worry about dying period then.

t. waifufag

He's not that easy, he's just nowhere near as broken as these enemies so I'll take my three minute run.

I just wish there were unlockable costumes, I want to look cool(er)

Attached: 1555649095759.jpg (780x768, 279K)

Maybe after all these games From's stiff design it's getting boring.

then how come all the normies love dark souls but hate sekiro

It doesn't, its kino as fuck and shits on bloodborne
>muh bloodborne
Sekiro is bloodborne but better, its that simple.

>Which game is easier
The game without stamina.

>Most of my builds tend to be underpowered in Dark Souls.
Lol sure they are, zoomer.

Sure takes a lot of stamina management to use a summon sign lmao

Mods seem to be trying as well with that but I agree they could have added cosmetic stuff without too much trouble.

Actually, I can't enter the castle. The door is locked. So the stuff inside is probably even worse than the ones outside.

Sekiro is better than Souls in pretty much everything, the only thing that keeps it from being better than Bloodborne too is the fact that I can't dress Mr Sekiro up in silly costumes.
Fix that shit and you have an easy GOAT.

They're about the same or easier, and the castle has always been locked you're supposed to go in through either the window or through Isshin's room.

>original setting
>feudal japan just seen in nioh
>better

Not him but I was a retard and tried beating the final boss of Dark Souls 3 with a pyromancer build.

I switched weapons.

I see. I remember nothing about this level. I'll try to find a window.

>secondary multiplayer bullshit that nobody with atleast 2 hands uses.
The game without stamina is the easier one.

Go up to the "second floor area" where there are ninjas and dogs and walk around to the far side of the building, there's a window there with a shrine in it. You'll probably want to stealth kill as much as possible if you're scared of the ninjas.

Stamina is barely a mechanic, especially when you regenerate it so fast. You're a moron for thinking that's a sign of a super deep and hard game.

Unironically coping, you don't even have to play Dark Souls for you to beat it.
>muh stamina
DaS3 has absolutely no stamina management involved lel

What is so original about souls atmosphere?

Attached: single_020_1149391222314978.jpg (633x950, 129K)

Sorry your tiny brain can't fathom that people really like experimenting with sub-optimal but interesting builds in games that allow for it.

Fashionsouls btfo

wowza that's a big dick

Souls has the worst community in gaming and I'm glad that, for the most part, Sekiro will be untainted by reddit memes spouters.

This.

A subtle mix of dreamlike malaise and ancient magnitude. Unlike most fantasy settings which feel like cardboard cutouts of castles and dragons, Dark Souls makes you feel like you're in the desolate endgame of a once-spectacular pocket dimension that is now fetid and decayed. Miyazaki is a big fan of withered beauty as an aesthetic storytelling tool.

It has all the hallmarks associated with fantasy, but they're all painted and presented differently.

It has very little replay value due to the lack of weapon variety, and the enemy gank squads Yea Forums bitches about in Ds2 are everywhere in Sekiro. The combat is so streamlined, I was bored of it by the end. I didn't even find the last boss to be that difficult.
Also, the camera is straight up broken in this game. It's always been janky in souls, but never this bad.

>Soulsborne environments and settings are some of the most creative ever implemented in video games.
Bloodborne, yeah. Souls is more or less just grimdark medieval fantasy.

I love Bloodborne too but I actually think it suffers from a certain degree of sameness in its environments. It could have done with slightly more variety. Still a near-masterpiece in all regards, atmosphere included.

I think Dark Souls stands far apart from grimdark and medieval fantasy. It's teeming with mythology and a unique, otherworldly loneliness I've never seen in other fantasy series. Anyway, time to retire and spectate for now. Captchas have become an absolute bitch.

>all prosthetics are literally attacks and spells from Souls and Bloodborne
>d-do n-not c-compare it to s-souls!!!
lmao

Help or Protect?

that's a fake choice, you're forced to help

Bah. Figures.

Tips for Blazing Bull?

Lock on and keep running around him, taking pot shots at his ass when he's trying to turn.

thank you, came here to say this after finally picking this up
worst of all only one weapon and it forces you to be a dexfag
its worse than dark souls 2 and thats saying something

I've explored the fuck out of the game, standing at what I assume to be the final shrine before I fight the boss of Fountainhead.

I have 9 full Prayer Beads, and I think I've done absolutely everything in the game aside from fight Memory Father. Got all the headless/Warriors, just missing some cashmoney for my upgrades.

Am I missing any Prayer Beads before I fight this final boss and go beyond a point of no return?

Maybe research what you are buying and listen to From when they say that it isn't a traditional souls experience. You have no one to blame but yourself.

>hidden wall at top of castle somehow leads to miles away
WHAT

There's two that are locked to the second Hirata Estate memory. So you should have 9 necklaces and two beads if you haven't been there.

It's honestly like a mile tops.

>researching a souls game before you buy it
if you don't go into every souls game blind then you're a filthy casual and lame and gay

I've got the two from Hirata Estate second visit, I just haven't beaten Owl (Father). Still at 9 and 0/4. Is there another area after Fountainhead or something?

It is the GOTYAY

It's still disconnected. It makes no sense.

Nope, you've missed four.

It's not a bad game, it's just that I don't want to play it more than once.

Attached: 1462035647061.gif (450x343, 1.8M)

>builds
Not every game needs this

the one that leads to the demon bell is just as long, but at least is physically possible. I don't understand why they didn't just get rid of the dilapidated temple passageway, especially since you can just warp there

Fuck. Back to exploring I guess.

>Sekiro
>Souls game

Attached: 1333236739743.png (250x272, 92K)

What are you, expecting good world design form From or something?

leave Yea Forums if you can't beat this game

>press a button and a thing happens
WOW JUST LIKE DARK SOULS™

What if it's literally just a long ladder down into the basement and then a tunnel back to the shrine? It's cute that it's literally only there to explain how Emma moves around.

>sekiro
>made by from
>has almost all the souls mechanics
>except now you deflect most attacks instead of dodging
>implying its not a souls game
low IQ dexfags

Attached: dexfags.gif (424x240, 2.56M)

Don't look up bosses and shit that would ruin the experience, retard. Just read or watch spoiler free impressions of the first hour of the game. If you had, you could have saved yourself the frustration and remorse. It's what I did, and it made me realize that need to reconsider my expectations. In the end I wasn't disappointed, because i had general idea of what to expect.

>if you don't go into every souls game blind then you're a filthy casual and lame and gay
retard

Does she want Sekiro's dick or not

Attached: 20190420181123_1.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

No, and Sekiro wants absolutely nothing to do with her rancid gash. Sekiro is canonically a patrician shotacon.

Attached: 74319052_p0.jpg (2160x3840, 1.88M)

>>has almost all the souls mechanics
>No humanity
>No magic
>No weapon types
>No armor
>No rolls
>No variable stats outside of HP and attack power
>No poise
>No summoning
>No multiplayer
>No covenants
>No character creation
>BUT IT HAS A BUNCH OF COMMON ACTION GAME ELEMENTS LIKE TELEPORT CHECKPOINTS AND SOME COOL UI AND MUH EBIN LORE SO IT'S TOTALLY A SOULS GAME
First you people complain that it's not like a Souls game and then you say it's a Souls game despite being radically different outside of a few things that aren't even exclusive to or created by souls games.
I guess Soulsniggers are beyond desperate at this point.

Attached: 1553894545765.jpg (640x480, 162K)

I think she respects and pities him for the path that he's on.

When Fromsoft is telling you it's not like what you're used to, don't you think it's worth reading up on what the fuck you're actually buying? You know, like a smart consumer?

no

based

Attached: 1555555981004.png (500x618, 217K)

Same thing that went wrong with BB and DS3, they threw out their RPG mechanics and went full action game. It's only been getting shallower and shallower. We're at the kiddie pool at this point for depth level.

BB>Sekiro=DaS1>DeS>DaS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>Das2
You can't refute this.

>I guess Soulsniggers are beyond desperate at this point.

They're fucking retards that just want the same shit. And then they complain that the industry is stagnant and filled with clones. We've had FIVE (5) Soulslike games from From in less than a decade.

Just let them make new IPs with new directions.

100% objectively right

Attached: 1402444201434.gif (141x141, 481K)

>no builds
sounds like some das fags who wanna pass boss with stats farming like he did on previous run...
gotta grow up casual

wrong as fuck.

Retards clamouring for more Souls games are on the same level as capeshit and Star Wars fags

>Not a souls game
How's it feel to be retarded?

based and frompilled

bloodborne only has weapons and stats that you upgrade so you can use your weapon and thats all that really matters in a souls game anyway
regardless what armor you pick you're still going to die in 2-4 hits anyway
I dont need magic/humanity/poise/summoning/multiplayer/covenants/character creation because thats not why I buy souls games

I couldnt care less for the prosthetics or the grappling hook or stealth but if you wanted to you could sneak up on a couple enemies in previous games

sekiro is bloodborne with a feudal japan aesthetic but its missing the only thing I really care about in a souls game and thats swinging around a big axe/sword

Attached: japan1.jpg (600x513, 55K)

I honestly prefer Sekiro to bloodborne because I feel like parrying adds a lot more depth to the game than just dodging forever. Sure Bloodborne had its guns but the difference between attacks you could shoot through and attacks you couldn't were as clear as milk.

It has massive glaring flaws throughout the entire game, like every From game
and this

DeS>2>BB>3>Nioh>1>Sekiro

Attached: 1514557881611.gif (364x339, 768K)

>Bonfires
>Same Estus mechanic
>Same way to level up estus uses
>Same souls mechanic
>Same upgrade system
>Same enemies respawn when you rest/die mechanic
>Same items use mechanic
>Same level design mechanic
>Prosthetics are just the same mechanics as spells

It's literally souls with an improved parry system and a new stealth system. But the tradeoff is no builds and weapon variety.

so it's souls minus everything that makes souls unique and actually good games
nice

>2>BB>3>Nioh>1

Attached: 1540091733838.jpg (452x342, 70K)

>2 that high

good taste

2 has the best build variety of all the games. People have different reasons they like the games. For example, my personal preference goes 3>2>1>BB. The setting of BB didn't interest me(not a fan of ayys) and the fact that armor literally doesn't matter is a big minus to me, even if the combat system is better than 2 & 1 IMO.

cringe

you are the retard

sekiro has tutorials up the ass, the prompts literally don't stop all game

it's souls with babby train wheels

>reskinned bonfires
>reskinned estus flasks
>reskinned estus shards
>reskinned quicksilver bullets
>reskinned bloodborne bosses
>reskinned weapon arts
>when you throw a fucking shuriken you hear the blunderbuss sound from bloodborne

lmfao apologists

Why do you need to hold square to collect coins and loot? Why can't they just automatically collect once you are near them?

DeS is a wonderful masterpiece that can't be topped. The other From games rip it off HARD, especially 1, in futile attempts to surpass it.
2 has a ginormous concentration of SOUL. The ultimate comfy game with the most variety and replayability.
BB oozes passion. A wonderful setting with the most fluid combat and some of the best bosses. The best of the more modern fast paced From games for sure.
3 is a satisfying conclusion to the Souls series with a ton of amazing bosses, but it's quite bland, and at many times feels like a blatant lazy ripoff of the other games rather than a sequel.
Nioh is the closest anyone has gotten to making a game that can rival From's Souls games. Nice combat, cool stands, decent level design. I am heavily anticipating the sequel.
1 is so overrated, it hurts. It has honestly aged like milk. Replay 1, especially the second half of the game, after any of the other games and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Sekiro is...garbage. Unlike the Souls games and Bloodborne, this seems like a FOTM game at best rather than a GOTY. No weapons. No fashion. No multiplayer. No RPG mechanics. More recycled assets than any game prior. Stealth is obscenely cheap. Lowest boss count with half of them recycled. Weakest lore. Worst balance. Most uninspired art direction. Worst community.

Attached: 1544778023682.gif (189x144, 3.41M)

>2 has a ginormous concentration of SOUL.

Attached: 1529976653982.jpg (393x360, 20K)

why the fuck did they leave the dodge in sekiro when it's so fucking useless? only lady cuckerfly is weak to it, every other enemy tracks you with counter strike aimbots

Sounds like you're using it wrong

its literally just souls but instead of spamming dodge through every attack you spam deflect instead

Yeah it's definitely not that great. If it had been a more linear game it might have been better because the combat is actually pretty fun.

The gimmicky boss fights don't help much either. This game just makes me want to play MGR but then I remember how short that game is.

Attached: 1522070707888.gif (268x187, 799K)

>aaaahhh i can't tank the enemies with my 99 level reeeeeeeeeeee
keep seething soul fag

>complain about dark souls
>"git gud"
>complain about bloodborne
>"pckek"
>complain about sekiro
>"seething"

Attached: 4-8639b961f8.gif (247x303, 95K)

it looks like unpolished shit you see on early access game on steam.

>t:DMCtard
enjoy your punching bags,i'll be enjoying my excelent enemy design in NG

>I'd shoot this game in the face with a gun if it were a liberal
wtf kek

pleb

>I'd shoot this game in the face with a gun if it were a liberal
kek

t. filtered
its ok OP

I never had interest in it honestly. Ancient japan is just a boring setting to me. The gloomy castles, forests, swamps, dungeons of dark souls are way more my thing. I think aesthetics means a lot to souls fans and its just really hard to outdo dark souls 3 or bloodborne

Only delusion Souls diehards engaged with the multiplayer in any "meaningful" way. Casual players just summoned occasionally as a crutch, which is unnecessary if the game is easier.

>pretending sekiro is hard when even DSP beat it
cope.

>post anime
>"weeb"

If you need to ask whether or not it is SAFE to voice your opinion, then you're anything but a chad.

>can turtle
>can poke
>can cast some magic that actually causes staggers and stuns(what a concept)
>can use many different abilities though they're not well balanced and even on PC only one at a time which is the same as soulsborne
>multiple ways to avoid damage instead of just dodging
>boss design deliberately tests you with rarely any gimmicks
I dunno tony this guy's a little crazy

Attached: heheh ohohhh.png (1044x152, 83K)

>Need to find a specific sword so Kuro can make a little cut to use his blood

So how the fuck did he give his blood to Wolf?

As opposed to fantasy?
>Singleplayer games are still very popular
As opposed to meme multiplayer games that last for several years?
Despite every single formulaic AAA game hamfisting them into their game because they know upgrading stats and gear has inherent appeal?

I like Sekiro because for once the story is pretty easy to follow and not everything has to be inferred from item descriptions

Plus Owl is really cool

It is objectively FromSofts best game and you will literally never stop hearing this until they make an even better one. Dark Souls games are worse than Sekiro by FAR.
>no builds
Why would this be a negative? It is not an RPG, but an action game.
Again, not an RPG.
>janky as all hell
How so? All FromSoft games have some jank but Sekiro is by far the most fluid of them in gameplay.
Atmosphere and setting was kino as fuck, soundtrack their best yet.
>dreadful pacing
Subjective opinion, never heard anyone else think this.

Making a pact seems to be more figurative rather than literal. That or he can use his blood for only that express purpose. Getting his actual blood to perform rituals is another matter entirely.

How are you so retarded? The gameplay in Sekiro is like a hundred times better than any other From game.
It is also clearly far more refined and functional than Souls.

The combat is better in my opinion. In souls and bb in particular like 2/3 of the bosses can beat beaten by ass spamming attacks. In sekiro there is more variety

Sekiro did literally everything better.

Zoomers liked it, I am a soulsfagg and I didn't, at all. Because it's not a souls game.

>objectively
Stopped reading there.

Mistranslation, the bond doesn't require blood.

Unpopular opinion.
Both games play very differently. Neither are inherently bad and you should buy whatever suits what you want to play.

It very clearly has far more replayability than other action games, considering how it gets insanely harder in later NG's without Kuro's Charm and with Bell Demon.
You are objectively wrong about "nothing new to learn", you think you learned the game during NG but then you play on Hard mode and realize you know nothing yet.

Wrong. You have not played on hard mode. It is by far harder.

>You can literally get past the majority of the game by just spamming it.
You retards that only played NG should not even be allowed to post about Sekiro. The game truly only begins without Kuro's Charm, which makes parry spam not viable in any way.

Yup, this is who the people hating on Sekiro are. Literal DS2 faggots. Their admittance of thinking DS2 is good is enough evidence against everything they say.

Are you fucking retarded? The point is there is no fucking content, no variety, no fucking freedom for a player to explore and think over, mush the fucking party button and counter. Is it so fucking hard to understand???

Yes, we get it, you get incredibly butthurt over reality. Fact is, Sekiro has almost sold more than DS3 or Bloodborne already within one month, and those other two games have been out for 3 and 4 years.
Sekiro is better in every way, and they will literally NEVER go back to making lame, simplistic Souls combat again. Miyazaki ain't about that regression shit, his games evolve.

Yeah, fucking clever, the whole Majesty of depth in games are how less hits you can take and how less time you have.

DS2 vs Sekiro is rpg boomer vs action zoomer

Didn't read lol

Fucking selling numbers, ever heard that you buy the fucking game before playing it? After this ds3 pr it's not hard to sell this shit

how is Owl cool he's a scumbag

party button you say?

Attached: 1546534420127.jpg (1080x1080, 154K)

Saw that coming

Clearly you are the retarded one
>The point is there is no fucking content
Apart from having way more content than every Souls game? It is literally their longest game yet, being 40-45 hours long on first playthrough if you don't go for the Shura ending and if you 100% it. All other Souls games are 20-30 hours long on first playthrough like that. Except DS2 sure it was about same length as Sekiro, but all the content in that game is absolute garbage so it doesn't count.
>no variety
In what? It has insane variety in fucktons of things, literally only thing it has no variety in is your main weapon and it doesn't need to have that because it is NOT AN RPG. Crying and whining like a little cuck about lack of different weapons will never be a valid argument because the game never tried to be an RPG, they literally said a year ago "this is not going to be an RPG but a traditional action game".
>no fucking freedom for a player to explore and think over
Yes it does, stop lying. It has extremely good exploration for first playthrough. And don't even act like any Souls game had "good exploration" ever after 1st playthrough, once you've found everything, you will always skip most rooms on later playthroughs because you know what items you want and need.
>mush the fucking party button and counter
Dumb faggot didn't play on hard mode hahaha, what a manbaby. You can't mash parry on hard mode, you will literally fucking die if you do that because you take huge damage if you don't perfect parry.

Kid you clearly have some mental issues. The whole world acknowledges FromSoft surpassed themselves once again.

Not an argument
Action games are as old as RPGs dumb cuck
Nice of you to admit I am right since you have no retort

>the Souls series has little appeal beyond it's highly autistic levels of minmaxing
why bait with this? it's so false no one would ever bite

Based

And PUBG outsold all of them. I guess that makes it better than all of those games, right?

I also like to complain to the CoD makers that there’s no freedom to explore. It’s a fucking action game you nigger.
Also try mashing the parry button without Kuros charm and tell us how it went.

wouldn't that be nice.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE DEMON OF HATRED FIGHT
>See the fire blast wave coming
>Press jump like the game wants
>Wolf doesn't jump
>Get hit
>See the sweep move coming
>Press jump like the game wants
>Wolf doesn't jump
>Get hit
And even if he does jump sometimes the fire blast hits me anyway. Janky inexcusable garbage.

>with charm: hold l1 and survive Genichiros combostring
>without charm: die
It forces you to actually learn the game. Clearing the game with charm was the easy mode.

>for having better gameplay
Mash parry and win. Good game.

First of all, action games like Darksiders, bayo, god of war and other slasher stuff, ALWAYS had multiple weapons to use to keep you fresh and exploring new stuff.
Second, all souls games had multiplayer and pvp, which is huge chunk of gameplay and world itself, again variety.
And again, under it's insanely hard, blah blah blah, it's all bullshit, wanna be the boshi is hard and what's next, it's a simpleass platformer with no depth at all. Sekiro is overrated as fuck like AAA masterpiece, while it's just a souless cash grab for bb2 obviously

>>Press jump like the game wants
>>Wolf doesn't jump
Try cleaning the gunk out of your controller

Is it just me or does Sekiro have more cheesable bosses out of any Soulsborne games?

My controller works fine for literally every other game you flatlined downie that can't detect input delay. FromSoft's shit is just broken, they're incapable of making actions flow into each other. If Wolf is sprinting and you press jump, the game has to process that Wolf needs to enter the designated jump animation a whole second before a jump can actually happen and it's like that with every action. It controls like molasses

The game was enjoyable for 1 plathrough, but it just makes me wish for NGB and NGII on PC

Attached: 668935-amazing-ninja-gaiden-black-wallpaper-1920x1080-for-ipad-2.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

Yeah, once you look up cheese strategies, they aren’t really hard. But in the souls games you could’ve summoned anyways, and there’s really no difference between killing a boss through cheese or with your 2 buttbuddies.

>press jump
>wolf doesnt jump

you fucking idiot clean your controller

it really does
firecrackers are fucking op as shit

Jumping has very generous i-frames on the windup. There are a lot of times where I jump really late and the sweep just phases through me even though Sekiro hasn't left the ground yet. If you're getting hit, you probably have the reflexes of a grandmother.

Firecrackers are overrated. Most bosses have a better weakness that trivialize them. If you're using firecrackers on Ape instead of Flame Vent then you're wasting emblems.

That may be the case but you don't get what I'm saying. This game doesn't let you cancel for shit, it's completely sluggish. If I'm in the middle of wailing on Demon, and he randomly decides he's going to do the rush sweep, I'm fucked because Wolf is literally incapable of jumping out of a hit animation or really any other animation. You cannot chain animations together in this game, in a similar fashion I've tried to heal after sprinting away from danger and I can physically see the little item UI light up but nothing happens. The game just eats the input and I have to press it again at a standstill, it's janky as fuck. Nothing is worse than seeing one of the stomps coming and trying to parry but taking full damage because you just finished swinging your sword

That's what makes him cool

Well, if sekiro had animation cancelling with nothing else touched, the game would be extremely trivial.

You're just mad you weren't able to summon your way past the bosses aren't you Yea Forums

Attached: file.png (1024x577, 751K)