Is Gravity Rush 2 the most underrated game of this generation?

Is Gravity Rush 2 the most underrated game of this generation?

Attached: 1526231700019.png (1600x900, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/keismpt_e/status/940191859145506818
twitter.com/_DNOD_/status/1119677270073991170
imgbox.com/g/SHqnBhoug6
imgbox.com/g/bp4DJZDmrL
pastebin.com/BxNesJYN
twitter.com/DeepBeef/status/1097793575633457152
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it's shit.
>b-b-but muh waifu
fuck off.

Second most underrated

Attached: homefront-the-revolution-cover.jpg (1280x768, 127K)

but that game was actually shit
it wasn't underrated
hell they killed the possibility of us ever getting a good homefront game again. Fuck them honestly.

Yes.

It fucking AMAZES me that there are people retarded enough to claim 1 was superior.

Kat is the most underrated female character for sure

Sony wants people to hate the good part of their games.

I loved the first one on Vita due making perfect use of all the features of it and the cozy story, but 2 was a major disappointment and i didn't like the way it translated to console (which is true pf the remake of the first one too), the new city nor the way the story was handled, especially not early on in the game.

It might have some underrating going on, but nowhere near the most since people more forget it exist then actively rail against it, and it still has the retarded "BUY KATS GAME" waifu squad shilling it.

She's a strong female ethnic minority character and maybe lesbian, but the california SJW types don't even acknowledge her. I guess they only live to complain

>i didn't like the way it translated to console (which is true pf the remake of the first one too)
What do you mean exactly?

It's my favorite new IP of the gen but honestly, no. Offhand I'd say Sayonara Umihara Kawase is more underrated but UK is an eternally underrated series in general. Besides, GR2 reviewed well and sold about as well as expected for being a console sequel to a once Vita exclusive. Honestly, I'd wager the same thing would happen to sequels of Soul Sacrifice or Freedom Wars, two other games I would also say are more underappreciated than GR2.

I mostly agree, but I think Gravity Rush - Remastered was even better than the original Vita version.

Kat is definitely one of my waifus, and I love the outfit choices in 2 as well as the camera feature, but I too was overall really disappointed in 2. The story going 50 different directions every 2 seconds, nothing really being connected and just a word salad story basically. The main missions, most of the side quests and most of the challenge missions were garbage and tryhard levels of padding compared to GR1.

If only they had the same good story + missions + challenges as GR1 in GR2, it would have been the perfect Kat game.

Attached: Gravity Rush 2 - Kat - PSO2 outfit 01.jpg (903x902, 65K)

yes

Nope. It's not even the most underrated game of the year it came out.

You're genuinely retarded. 1 is barely a game, 2 shits all over it.

It's maybe the most underrated "high profile" release of 2017 considering it got like 3 days of limelight before RE7 stomped it out but overall, sure.

Attached: D4i5b58XsAAjD_2.jpg (1325x2048, 317K)

GR1's story is almost as incoherent and it basically had no side missions unless you count the DLC. I felt the challenge missions were about equal I guess but 2 definitely had more of them overall. I think seeing Kat rise to prominence in 1 really sells her character and Remastered running 60FPS was super nice but in terms of gameplay 2 is straight up superior, especially compared to the Vita original. I don't know how many people remember controlling the gravity slide with the corners of the Vita's front screen but I sure as shit do. 2 is better, user.

Primarily the use of the Gyro, the fact the Vita was handheld and therefore you twisted the screen (and in extreme cases, yourself to follow the screen) made gravity flipping much more engaging for me, but i still think the PS4 control scheme is a admirable effort but that lost the charm that sold me on the game.

Ever heard of the term "less is more"? for me the first one is a short concise experience that left me wanting more, while 2 dressed up with shit i didn't care about or found outright annoying. GR1 is a cheese sandwich, GR2 is a cheese sandwich with ham and a shit, the second might have "more", but that does not mean i will say it is better then the first since i don't think the ham is worth the shit. Does this explain the idea that different people have different standards and expectation to you?

>complaining about ham on a cheese sandwich

I don't think this argument works the way you want it to.

I wish the combat was better. Absolutely loved the world and characters.

Attached: 1545075748588.png (900x900, 1.01M)

They're a little apples and oranges, but I prefer the first Gravity Rush more as well. The pacing of the story is messy and disjointed, but I think it did a better job of highlighting the fantastical themes of the world and the charming aspects of the main characters.

GR2's bigger, prettier, and has more random stuff to do, but I think that the first half of the game feels more like filler, and the otherworldly stuff in Hekseville doesn't reach the same heights as the first game until the last few chapters.

Both are still genuinely good, I just feel like GR1 made the most of its limited resources by trying to pack in as many fun ideas and standalone stories as they could, while GR2 had a lot of extra time to fill and didn't even resolve all the unanswered questions with it.

Attached: 786544554.png (666x816, 269K)

I think the combat is underrated and can be pretty fun.
You need to approach it like a mix between a standard brawler and an Ace Combat game.

Attached: 1530561484839.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

No; it's extremely overrated.

>GR2 is a cheese sandwich with ham and a shit
Notice the "and a shit", the ham is additional "good" content added by GR2 (because it had good additions, no argument there) being ruined by the accompanying turd, but you know Food Analogies.

Attached: 1321859969662.png (469x2400, 45K)

The forced stealth parts kept the game from being an 8/10 to a 7/10

Ah. The bits with the shit actually blended into the casual readability of the post. Also, I agree more with what I interpreted it as anyways, GR2 is just like adding meat to a cheese sandwich. There is something to the notion of "less is more" but I don't think that applies to open world superhero games like GR, let alone one whose core gimmick shines brighter the more dead air you give the player to work with.

A few dozen people on Yea Forums singing a game's praises is not enough to say it's "extremely overrated". Games like TLoU, BOTW, and GTA5 are extremely overrated. GR2 is nowhere on that level of general awareness and notoriety.

I couldn't stomach it.
Boring missions, boring story and the worst of all, stupid combat and gameplay. It had an amazing soundtrack and pretty graphics, but these things can't carry a game alone. I wasn't even able to finish it.

>A few dozen people on Yea Forums singing a game's praises is not enough to say it's "extremely overrated"
That's why it's extremely overrated: that's a dozen people too many.

>The most blatant "we ran out if resources and time" ending ever
>""""Concise""""
Actually delusional vitard

It's alright. Not very good.
I expected more after how much it took them to make the game.
Sometimes less is more, user.

>GR1's story is almost as incoherent
No it's not. Biggest difference is that unlike 2's, the first game's story isn't boring as fuck.

Weird perception of "extremely" but to each their own, I suppose.

>Less is more
>We have a fucked development cycle and no money so half the main mission are gonna be 50-90% visual novel filler
>>>>Less is more
Neck yourself. Gravity Rush was basically a proof of concept before 2 fixed it.

>Falls apart after Alias "dies" halfway into the game
>NOT boring as fuck
Boy I sure love having half the games missions dedicated to a fucking one-off line of text referencing the bus kids like 3 missions earlier and dedicating the last half of the game to that snoozefest in the least visually interesting area of the game instead of doing anything worthwhile with Vendecentre which gets less missions than every other district despite being as big as auldinor, pleajune, and endestria combined.

I've platinumed both this year and I can promise you you're looking through rose tinted glasses. GR1 is completely outclassed by 2.

>stupid combat and gameplay
but it's fun!

Attached: 1530895227952.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>2 fixed it
>Boss, just add 90% filler unfun side missions, shitty stealth parts, garbage, unfun, unmemorable characters with no arcs to speak of and rush through the part that fans actually wanted to see and call it a day
You're mentally ill if you think 2 is a better game. I bet you're one of those faggots who spend hours flying around and taking pictures of Kat.

Thanks for confirming you haven't played 1 since it came out on Vita.
1 has loads of stealth missions too, retard.

>shitty forced stealth missions
>shitty combat
>too easy to go flying further than you want and having to course-correct
>unsatisfying story

It's my favourite game of all time.

I honestly think the combat is solid. It's not the deepest thing in the world but it's not meant to be. It's meant to be about your movement through 3D space.

GTA V has very simple, arcade-y vehicle control and physics compared to the likes of Forza and Gran Turismo because of course games focusing on that and on realism will do it with more depth while a game like GTA focuses more on fluidity and freedom of control in any scenario. Same goes for the shooting mechanics in games like GTA too. They aren't as deep as others, but that's on purpose so that they can be fluid and mesh with other mechanics as well as give players freedom in action.

Gravity Rush's combat is similar. It's focused on the player getting around however they like and your position is generally important to playing well to take advantage of this, while the actual hand to hand combat is kept simple with no cap on fluidity between motions so you can always be moving. Adding shit like variable combos wouldn't benefit GR in any way.

The only thing I'd change about GRs combat as of 2 is that I'd add a grab and throw. It would give you more reason to purposefully get close, and could further take advantage of positioning by doing damage if you throw enemies against walls/floors etc.

The bus kids were easily the worst part about the story
>Fucked up the second half of 1
>Fucked up 2s DLC
>In the end didn't go anywhere and didn't make any sense
Kat's origins were enough serious plotline beneath the slice of life surface of the series. Bus Kids were a fucking shoehorned mistake.

I'd approve of an input to oriented the camera towards the nearest enemy too.
Some of the flying humanoid boss vs Kat battles would benefit greatly from this

I wouldn't have such a negative bias towards Gravity Rush if its fans didn't claim every five seconds that GR is the best videogame series ever made.

The most underrated game of this gen is Iconoclasts. Gravity Rush 2 is just... a sequel that doesn't address any of the problems of the first game and invents more.

I don't know why Yea Forums GR fans have to grand stand and exaggerate so hard. It's flawed but fun in spite of it. Anyone who enjoys good movement mechanics should get some enjoyment out of it, especially 2.

Very few people claim that, though. Some are VERY fond of it on a personal level, we have an user here who said 2 is their favorite game and I said earlier that it's my favorite new IP of the gen, but neither of those translate to "FUCK ALL OTHER VIDYA, THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER GODDAMN" or something similarly extreme. Heaven forbid some people particularly enjoy a franchise.

The problems of the first game were having no fucking content and abruptly ending, though? GR2 did loads to fix that and made the gravity powers better than I thought they could be.

>too easy to go flying further than you want and having to course-correct
this one seems to be on you
there are so many ways to stop and change directions in the game
R1 will just stop you midair and you change camera directions to where you want to go and you just either press R1 again or use gravity kick
L1 will make you immediately fall towards regular gravity, and you can switch the Lunar or Jupiter mode to decrease or increase your fall speed. Square + X in Lunar is a move that makes Kat fall faster instantly

Attached: 1510511369819.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

Nah, Soul Sacrifice is easily the winner of that title.

Attached: SSD.jpg (600x763, 300K)

>gravity powers
They're hardly gravity powers. Wall walking is a gimmick. Sure you CAN do stuff like but the game discourages you from playing inefficiently like this. I'd love a game where you had to creatively chain wall jumps and long leaps like this, but the game is designed around flying from point A to point B.
Gravity Rush should have never let the player actually fly for longer than a couple seconds.

Freedom Wars? Soul Sacrifice at least got an expanded rerelease, and a good ass one at that. Freedom Wars remains blatantly unfinished to this day.

Attached: D4q4_4xU8AAAkpC.jpg (800x1200, 97K)

I lunar styled my way through GR2 rocket jumping to my heart's content
Maybe you just need to practice, you can get a lot out of the powers once you do

I can't decide if I like Kat or Raven better

Attached: 1484529614878.gif (640x360, 261K)

The level design is way too damn boring to make that fun for me. And I've sunk a hundred hours into the Skate games and Surf maps. Plus the power feels way too goddamn slow, like I'm playing at half speed.

Kat is for cuddling and listening to her babble about stuff.
Raven is for worshipping her midsection and crotch and thighs

Use talisman's bro

I don't want to work in the salt mines.

Not that user but while I agree that Jupiter is the least fun mode for Kat I've seen other anons swear by it. Besides, it can still make gravity slides pretty fucking silly by crashing through shit at sanic speed.

If you're talking about sliding the only way to go is a mix of all 3 stances

I'm talking about Lunar Style in its entirety. I want to do long jumps and wall bounces at a pace that doesn't put me to sleep.

Can't you upgrade it or something?
My lunar jumps weren't/aren't slow

Maybe if it was on a platform the target audience actually owned.

I don't remember but feel free to post clips.
I found the upgrade system of Gravity Rush to be really fucking weird and really makes it transparent how the game is absolutely not a platformer with a clear and deliberate balance, but a haphazard mish mash of mechanics.

>Plus the power feels way too goddamn slow, like I'm playing at half speed.
Jupiter slide is absurdly fast. Especially if you buff it with talismans.

Attached: +6jupiter.webm (1280x720, 1.71M)

While Freedom Wars could've used an update, SS didn't need that to be a gem, it was like that right out the box and Delta only built on top of that. FW was a mess of a game that had a few cool mechanics, but somehow managed to fumble it all before they could even get an update. 6 fucking monsters, weak selection of melee weapons, that mobile game tier timer for upgrading buildings, that absolutely awful crafting system, I wish I could go on but I forgot the other bullshit that game had to offer.

we're talking about lunar style fool read the thread

Optimal play is mixing styles
Lunar - Agility
Standard - accuracy
Jupiter - sheer speed and power

Nearly all of FW's problems could be fixed by giving it the Delta treatment. Mechanically it's just fine, it just needed more content and a finished story. At that point, you just rework the building/weapon crafting bits into a more conventional, resource based thing and boom, FW is completely fixed.

You can't "mix" styles, you can only swap between them really quickly. What I mean is you can't do a Jupiter slide and then leave the slide with a Lunar long jump in a way that maintains that Jupiter momentum.
...and how is Lunar style "agility"? How is jumping off shit more agile than just flying to your desination? Every cool thing Lunar has going for it is invalidated by flight.

Lunar is supposed to have a slow slide. Regular slide is faster and Jupiter slide is the fastest. Lunar slide is slow but it allows you to cling to wall and surfaces. You are supposed to be changing styles for optimal sliding. This guy quickly switches from Jupiter to normal and then Jupiter to make tight turns while staying in Jupiter on straightaways. twitter.com/keismpt_e/status/940191859145506818
You can actually buff up the Lunar slide speed with talismans and you can get it up to the speed of normal slide and maybe even a little faster, but at that point it loses it's clinging property and Kat will fly off of surfaces where she used to be able to stick to before talismans.

Attached: 1521867311870.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Ah, maintaining the momentum like that would be a neat idea for next game

See, I agree with you all that despite me being annoyed at all that other stuff. FW could definitely improve if given a chance to fix its mistakes, but in its current state I can't really say I like the game much if at all. It had potential to be great definitely, but I can't look past all that because of all the flaws in front of me. It really is a shame though because a sequel on PS4 could be really cool.

Let me rephrase this in a way that's crystal clear, because you are hyper-focusing on sliding:

Every facet of Lunar style is too slow. Specifically, jumping off of walls is too slow. Leaping long distances is too slow. Walking is too slow. Chaining long jumps and wall jumps could be fun but the style is way too slow paced to make the dynamic interesting and worthwhile, especially when the player can just fly in standard mode.

I think so. For me it was absolute surprise how much soul these games have.

the speed of rocket jump does not carry into other styles but gravity kick and regular shifting does
so you can build up speed with a gravity kick or a Jupiter shift and then turn off gravity and shift into Lunar and fly solely off of the momentum

actually Lunar mode has the fastest running speed on the ground, it just feels slow because of the way the animation looks and it can be hard to control on the ground
I can get why you don't like the Lunar stuff, regular shifting is probably more practical than the Lunar stuff which sometimes goes in the wrong direction or you can accidentally get a spring jump instead of a rocket jump
but it still has really fun traversal moves and a lot of people enjoy messing around with it
it takes practice but there is some fun stuff you can pull off with it

Attached: 1527885697345.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

yes

Attached: Ape scape X gravity rush sfw.jpg (800x432, 197K)

Gravity Rush 2 would have been a much better game if Lunar was the only style and flying was completely gutted. That webm is exciting until the moment Kat hovers in place, reminding us that no matter what there are no consequences for anything you do since you can always recover.

I heard that 2 was the final game. In japan it's called Gravity Daze 2 final chapter or something.

Which would should be the futa?

Not every game needs to be souls difficult. Difficulty =/= quality.

It's a supreme relaxing game

souls difficult? do you think every platformer that doesn't have a "fly to safety" button is souls difficult?

Crossover when?

Making it more challenging doesn't inherently make it better

yeah, the full title is Gravitational Dizziness Final Chapter: The End of the Repatriation of the Upper Stratum, Choices That Converged Her Inner Space

adding restrictions doesn't inherently make it more challenging

you forgot the "HD ReMix"

do you think they worship each other's asses haha

GR2 needed a few more rift planes that limited you to Lunar only style and some more side missions like the Lunar only package delivery
but I think it's fine to be able to travel without restrictions in town, you don't take damage from falling (although it can be a hit to the ego)

Attached: 1520804790717.gif (840x260, 3.99M)

I can't tell if you thought that was a joke or not.

twitter.com/_DNOD_/status/1119677270073991170

the joke is that the title is so long and clumsy that it's as bad as the kingdom hearts games. thanks.

Attached: 73010254_p0.jpg (1000x1415, 590K)

>Kat is definitely one of my waifus
Kat doesn't want to be with sluts like you

wrong

I think both GR 1 and 2 are extremely underrated or unknown. I wouldn’t call them the best games ever but nobody seems to care about them which is a shame.

I agree with your statement to a certain extent user. While it isn't THE best, it is the only game I played where I can genuinely relax and enjoy as if I were talking a walk. I've yet to play any other game that has given me this kind of feeling, save for Portal series but its just too damn short. Also Kat is cute CUTE!!!!

Attached: _kitten_gravity_daze_2_and_etc_drawn_by_jhc_kai_adaf7f4eb822e59308cf9747ee6c2870_1.jpg (885x1249, 91K)

Attached: 72674726_p0.jpg (591x680, 139K)

Not really underrated but deserves some more love.
Especially from sony. I think sony is partly to blame for gravity rush 2 flop.

Nah, but it is the gem of this generation

Attached: C8E0BAB4-2DC9-4CFF-97EA-2D77917E5865.jpg (900x900, 222K)

Attached: D0BIy7zUYAEpx8a.jpg (1200x1081, 297K)

cute

Attached: 1554746217236.jpg (2000x2000, 584K)

Attached: 1546725935897.png (2000x982, 1.83M)

Attached: IMG_20190110_184532.jpg (2000x2000, 1015K)

Attached: IMG_20190110_183707.jpg (909x1137, 245K)

They should've given her a new default costume for 2. IMO it really hurts the whole time skip shit when she's wearing her old costume like no time has passed and she hasn't changed at all

imgbox.com/g/SHqnBhoug6
imgbox.com/g/bp4DJZDmrL
pastebin.com/BxNesJYN

Maybe it was my fault for falling for waifufags hyping it up, but I thought it was incredibly overrated when I played it few months ago.

Attached: 1340460503534.gif (384x216, 1.97M)

She isn't fat

The costume from 2 is different than the one from 1. The changes aren't huge, but they're there, look it up on google.

I hyped myself quite a lot for GR/GR2 before getting a PS4 and it was one of the main games I wanted to play on that console. I completely fell in love with them and GR2 is definitely among my all time favorites.

Attached: 443494da25b0d10f8db20363d4eafd02.jpg (1573x1211, 304K)

>tfw you'll never cee kat wee

>le penis growth
what's wrong with just having kat be a futa? tg is so goddamn stupid.

Attached: D3ou2UjU4AAei6K.jpg (2001x2000, 295K)

Attached: 1546896652601.png (900x600, 263K)

twitter.com/DeepBeef/status/1097793575633457152

I'm really glad they released Ravens choice for free, it would have left a bad taste in my mouth if I paid for that garbage

I can't help but agree

Attached: 1546128068466.jpg (1920x901, 634K)

Attached: 1551477884859.jpg (853x658, 110K)

Attached: ca427ea4f7b2283e2e62a0a80eec27f7.jpg (590x960, 53K)

>adding restrictions doesn't inherently make it more challenging
You really didn't think this one through

Really liked 2 but i felt it dragged on a bit, which is funny since in contrast i find 1 to be too short

big forehead

Attached: 1553470716684.jpg (823x1200, 84K)

you're imagining a GR2 where nothing is different except things are removed, when clearly the whole game would have been designed differently; there's a million ways to make a game easy.

still cute

big cute

I want to kiss it.

>what's wrong with just having kat be a futa?
Like naturally?

just started the first one on the vita
so far nothing revolutionary

To be fair, 2's third act is a LOOOOOT of walking, which people seem to forget.

yeah, that she was born with it but otherwise is the same character. I find that a lot more feasible than dick growth. That's like the characters putting on a strap on, it feels extra fake.

Attached: 1536251498473.jpg (1965x1638, 2.36M)

i started the first one on ps4 and i aint feeling it. i bought both on a sale and i am almost sure i wasted my money.

Sleep tight Nevver

No, in fact it's actually pretty overrated on this board.

She aint Shantae