I am not trying to start an argument I’m genuinely curious as to what the appeal of these games are. Is it the story...

I am not trying to start an argument I’m genuinely curious as to what the appeal of these games are. Is it the story, combat, in game activities etc?

I played a little bit of 0 and it’s not bad game to me it just felt average. The Majima character really was the fun for me, wish it was all him.

Attached: 9244C643-CCAF-453A-84DE-B8486A88179F.jpg (360x360, 32K)

>I played a little bit of 0 and it’s not bad game to me it just felt average. The Majima character really was the fun for me, wish it was all him.
Pretty good, decently subtle bait, expect a lot of angry replies

Tbh I'm the same as OP. I got to Chapter 7 and I've been here for 2 months not progressing the story.

I’m not trying to get anyone upset, I’m just curious as to what the fans of the series love about it and keep coming back for.

Again, I don’t think the game is bad it just felt average to me is all.

Sure is a lot of redditspacing lately.

Stories cool macho jap shit
gameplay is ok
side stuff is fun to do
its fun running around major japanese cities doing thug shit

its just a game, enjoy it

I've been trying to get discussion out of fans for a while. These guys are like DmC fans where you can't criticize anything at all.

Gameplay is garbage and repetitive? It's low budget. Reused assets everywhere? Low budget. Bored of the weebshit? It's a yakuza game hurrr you're not allowed to dislike Japan.

The fact of the matter is these games are incredibly mediocre and only held up by the amount of "content" (read: text boxes) in the game. You can do everything there is to do in combat in roughly an hour and the rest of the game falls on you being hooked in the cliche ass story.

>Retard trying to make the same thread again after the last one failed

>What are paragraphs
Stop trying to fit in and go back.

No correlation to literally anything ever

I wish the combat was more advanced.

The yakuza franchise is if GTA wasnt written by a 14 year old boy. Its story is authetic crime thriller level while its gameplay is insane arcadey fun, making for an actual experience rather then a fanfic demanding to be taken seriously with a sandbox that has two things to do in it.

a paragraph is not two sentences you fucking mongoloid

Can you find the insane arcadey fun in this game for me? Having a hard time.

It's really good for people that have a passing interest in Japanese culture. Just going around and reading shop signs is pretty fun.

Attached: Goro_Spark_GIF_02.gif (628x204, 3.8M)

you're too retarded

Oh okay.

Being called retarded by weebs is a compliment, every single time.

you don't like the game, congratulations, now move the fuck on

You should commit suicide

>Is it the story, combat, in game activities etc?
Yes, yes and yes.

desu niiiii knonichiwa

>all these replies comparing yakuza series as gta
Let me take this bait. This game is about japanese culture mixed with gangs. If you are not interested in that, you will probably get an awful experience

You need to be 18 years old to post on Yea Forums. You also need to lurk before posting so you don't horribly embarrass yourself.

lol wym bro

I hated how right in the middle of the story it switches to another character. I stopped playing once I had to do missions for the owner guy. I just got invested in the main story why the fuck would I want to start a whole other story. I hate it when tv shows do this shit to.

If you dont find piledriving a zombie into the asphalt to protect michael jackson or playing a mudwrestling game with scantily clad women so you can connect with a group of ten year olds not "insane or fun", you're either a troll or definately braindead.

Go back to playing just cause 4.

Attached: 81aH.gif (636x353, 3.06M)

No one is writing a novel here. Go back.

Or I'm not a LOLRANDUMB SPORK faggot like you. Absurdity doesn't make something good.

Just Cause is garbage. You have nothing on me and you're grasping at straws.

I dropped it after a couple of chapters.
Combat felt too repetitive and shallow and the mini games are a huge waste of time.

NOOOOOOOOO IT'S JAPANESE CULTURE YOU DON'T GET IT

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (220x229, 8K)

I also don't like it but the story is good.
I guess it's one of these games like Skyrim where people just love it because all they do all day is wander around without going forward because it's "comfy"

I would honestly have loved if it was real Japanese culture and you didn’t play as a wacky anime criminal doing random dumb shit.

I like the flashiness of the combat, and the stories are alright if you're into japanese shit. I actually really enjoy the concept of reusing the same map for each game, as it feels like a neighborhood I know at this point. After 7 games, I know my way around Kamurocho and don't really have to use the map, and I think that's a neat feeling.

I'm also a colossal japanophile and walking around Kamurocho and making Kiryu eat 30lbs of sushi is the next best thing until I can scrape together the funds for a trip to Japan.

I love you

Weirdly enough, it's a nice window on japanese society and their food.
I honestly spend more time going at eateries and reading the description of every dish rather than playing

It's a mixed bag, it's not about one particular aspect, it's about the accumulation of all the little things put together.
It's one of those games that you can only really define as "an experience".

The characters are really well written even though the overall plot of the games tend not to be. The substories and mini games are humorous. The combat system is surprisingly deep for a spammy brawler once you're playing on higher difficulties/not playing 0. I want to fuck Majima.

There you go, OP.

It's seriously not these threads, that's for sure.

literally just walk around for 10 minutes

I always thought yakuza was about as Japanese as you could get without becoming "anime"