twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1119947689968439296
twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1119940774626504705
youtu.be/seOhx3AQVf0
youtube.com/watch?v=GYLurr6znvU
twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1119670249593421824
youtube.com/watch?v=rG7E83X1b2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=6tWCCx45tzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1474769878789.gif (196x150, 996K)

I don't like mk as a fighting game but this is nothing out of the ordinary for them. Shit like kbd or marvel wavedash look equally as goofy

What am I supposed to be looking at?

game doesn't have a run button so this is the fastest way you can go

unlike most fighting games, which give you a forward run feature, here all characters are restricted to forward dashes and no running. chaining the dashes together looks silly as hell

JUST

Attached: 1551434190356.jpg (365x365, 56K)

This is just blatantly false, many fighting games only feature dashes

HELLO MY DARLING

sorry, let me correct myself
unlike many GOOD fighting games, which give most characters a forward run, an alternative method of approach, or no need to approach at all, in MK11 all characters are restricted to forward dashes and no running

Nice damage control

Attached: 1554736299812.png (1432x1096, 51K)

Have you guys ever watched Tekken or MvC2/3?

Attached: tekken vs virtua fighter.webm (512x576, 2.72M)

So exactly like Tekken then?
You can run in T7 but everybody does the Korean dashes.
It's not an issue.

I think the reason this looks so silly is just because of the realistic animations they try to do everywhere else. This really isn't any different that the advanced dashing techniques in other games like Tekken and Marvel. That's just what's going to happen when you are able to cancel a dash animation like this.

It's not like you frequently see people run up from full screen in high level play, especially in a game like mk with such an abundance of projectiles.

None of that shit looks as ridiculous as this. Dash blocking may be the only fun thing to watch in tournament.

Attached: nKqRorr-sA61lyNm.webm (1280x720, 2.3M)

What the fuck? Why did they do this? Why are they doing so much retarded bullshit with MK11? It's like they sabotaging it on purpose.

naw it looks weird especially Gigas KBD and Wright wavedashing
youtube.com/watch?v=APLwx-Yu9tM

Kek

DLC characters dialogue leaked, also game will have 3 Kombat Packs

reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/bfgtmz/3_fighter_packs/

Attached: file.png (1177x751, 21K)

Bamco could have patched kbd at any time, but kbd raises the skill ceiling of the game. The input is a very quick B-B-N-D/B-N-B with strict timing to get the longest dash. It looks silly sure, but it has a purpose.

This shit doesn't raise the skill ceiling at all, it's typical NRS incompetence. Same as with the retarded stance switch button that doesn't do anything but correct their animation mistakes. Same as with all the silly animations for that matter.

>realistic animations

Attached: FarflungQuarrelsomeFowl-size_restricted.gif (444x250, 1.47M)

>Yea Forums discovers animation canceling

havent played mk since umk3
worth getting back into the series?
i watched the leaked story trailer
who is all confirmed to be in the base game?

>This shit doesn't raise the skill ceiling at all, it's typical NRS incompetence.
twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1119947689968439296
twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1119940774626504705
Naw, there is a ton of potential for interesting OSes that can happen thanks to dash and block canceling. Quit being a retard that needs to dogpill because of some personal hang up.

it does, have you ever seen eddies kbd?

youtu.be/seOhx3AQVf0

listen i love tekken and suck harada's dick all day, but how the fuck is kbd holy fucking based, and something that looks exactly like it, except for the fact that it goes forward, is "typical nrs incompetence"

how do you know the effect on skill this has unless you already know the inputs and timings?

just saying you sound like someone who really, really wishes they were born in japan where they feel like they truly belong

Attached: Honest.png (205x246, 94K)

>who is all confirmed to be in the base game?
Sonya Blade
Baraka
Skarlet
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Scorpion
Geras
Liu Kang
Shao Kahn (pre-order DLC)
Kano
D’Vorah
Kabal
Jade
Johnny Cage
Cassie Cage
Erron Black
Jacqui Briggs
Kotal Kahn
Noob Saibot
Jax
Kung Lao
Cetrion
Kollector
Kitana
Frost (unlockable)

>worth getting back into the series?
Well it plays different

Best MK for gameplay and classic MK fans
Worst if you're political or a 3Dfag
youtube.com/watch?v=GYLurr6znvU

pretty obvious who actually plays fighting games in this thread, and op is not one of them

Why would someone even bother thinking of this when the competitive scene is just going to get dominated by SonicFox and then die in 5 months?

Also if blockstring OS's and frametraps were at all interesting then SFV and DBFZ would be the best fighting games ever made

I'm not saying it doesn't look weird but mortal kombat 11 is on another level of looking weird, borderline hilarious.

>sfv
>os

huh

Is that Mr game &watch

the fuck? tekken always has running button

OP should watch Eddy's kbd and Nina's cancelling stuff then, if he think this is new

t b h there are two different wavedashes in MK11. ff,Block,ff, Block...
ff,Block,f,Block,f,Block,f...
add in neutral of course, but I don't know how to write it without looking ugly
twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1119670249593421824
You can even cancel the first few frames of the block so you don't get the stutter ala early MK11 vids and MK9.

Have you seriously never heard of Korean backdashing? Y'know, the literal most important part of Tekken?

also you realize pretty much every game has OSs and frametraps, right? did you just use those words to make it look like you know what you're talking about?

Earlier seasons had jump tech OS and Akuma still has a ton of OS bullshit
OSes are still being discovered
youtube.com/watch?v=rG7E83X1b2Y

AKuma has tons of OS shit

Two per pack?

Imagine being so desperate in trying to find bad things about a game to shit on that you UNIRONICALLY start complaining about animation canceling in a fucking fighting game.

Play MK 9

>how do you know the effect on skill this has unless you already know the inputs and timings?

Its F-F-Block. Compare that to B-B-N-D-N-B. And if you input "D/B" instead of "D" it counts as a back movement and ruins the whole thing. One is way more skilled than the other. Some even use a special grip on the stick to get it right.

wavedashing, basically.
Because the run made MKX trash. Majority of 2D fighters dont have both dashing and running anyways. In fact it was controversial when BBTAG was only going to have running as a movement option

i wouldn't call it tons, overall sfv is not an os heavy game, unlike sf4
i dont know how much OS in a game is good, but sf4 was more technical and more advanced at a high level than sf5, thus more enjoyable to watch and harder to master

Have you played other fighters OP?

Attached: Smug Best Girl.jpg (941x765, 40K)

Wasn't this shit on mk9? why is anyone surprised? not being able to block while dashing would be even worse in my opinion

>They removed running
why??

Hence why I'm excited to trainingboar and go 0-2 in MK11 because I trainingboared too hard

they wanted to make it more neutral based

>No Reptile

Attached: 1485842951586.gif (300x200, 1.14M)

NRS wanted a slower paced game and the run was already bad enough in X with it being a 50/50fest. Problem is that a lot of people like sonicfox and max complained it was too slow at the press reveal, so they increased dash speed and now coupled with the discovered gaurd dashing it looks like the OP. We'll see how it plays out but I feel like they'll patch it

I'm saying SFV and DBFZ are rushdown as fuck and most their "depth" comes from mixups and blockstring shenanigans. They are also boring as fuck to watch because at the end of the day that shit is just a guess and a coinflip. Without good neutral options and neat tech which requires superior execution fighting games are just not interesting.

>no Reptile
>no Ermac
>no Rain
>no Havik
>no Mileena
At least I have Jax but I feel for Ermac and Reptile fags.

Attached: Sad Scorp.png (800x1500, 85K)

Its as if they are trying to make this as casual as possible.

i don't disagree, but i don't think mk11 is necessarily gonna be like that. they're balancing the game to not make it so rushdown heavy and coinflip-ish as MKX, which was a fucking nightmare of a game with 50/50s into half your health and a bad situation at the end

They literally copied Tekken Rage art, SF V Crush Counter/SC VI lethal hit and RTS skill cooldown

What's wrong with neutral?

>Neutral is casual

Just Yea Forums things

>No Ermac either
Epic, Reptile and Ermac were the only 2 characters I played.

Attached: cat4444.jpg (540x540, 58K)

Its boring as fuck. Are low kicks still wau to fast?

>Mileena
LMAO!

Attached: Boon Mileena.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

>Its boring as fuck.
Here's your game and the company you should worship now

Attached: file.png (836x470, 1.17M)

Good thing I wouldn't watch other people play video games. That sounds boring as hell.

I checked out of the series once NRS became bluepilled and added cringe SJW characters
>add she-nigger
>add cringe millennial selfie girl
>add faggot character
YIKES. I’m guessing a tranny is next. Boon and Tobias used to be the most redpilled guys out there, creating a franchise so controversial it created the ESRB. Now they’re just another social justice virtue signaling söylent dev.

Jade was in the game since MK2, Cassie is great, and kung jin's personality wasnt that he was a faggot which is quite surprising to see in a western game

congratulations user, you deserve a medal for this.

>Cassie is great
Cringe, selfie-taking zoomer detected, you weren’t even alive for MK1

The selfie fatality was pretty good though

I was, but keep crying. She's obnoxious and everyone loves it

Attached: 1474306276469.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

I wasn't that guy. Just saying I enjoyed the fatality. I do think we don't need 3 Cages in the game though.

I know this is a huge amount of COPE, but even when MK 3 came out, it didn't have Reptile when he was a playable character in MK 2 and a secret boss in MK 1. For fuck's sake, 3 didn't even have fucking SCORPION or Raiden! Fucking Scorpion! People say it's because of time restraints, since they were trying to release the game with the movie, but really, they didn't have time to put in fucking SCORPION!? People also say it's because they didn't want to have ninjas in the game, which is why Sub-Zero is in it, but no longer a ninja, which was obviously a mistake. I think it's more likely that, even back then, they were planning on releasing an updated version AKA Ultimate MK 3 and MK 3 was released for them to receive free beta testing and more money with the upcoming "essential" version. It's sad, but I think that's what happened. So, I think, since the same type of shit happened back then, MK 11 will eventually release an "Ultimate" edition with Reptile and other missing characters and fix all the fucking stupid shit they're fucking up, like no run button and terrible designs. Not having Reptile is practically like not having Scorpion to me, since he's been there since the beginning and they've pulled this shit before.

tl;dr:
>not waiting for the "ultimate/super/tournament/goty edition/complete" version of a fighting game

Attached: mk3.jpg (1280x800, 113K)

why are you even responding seriously to a blatant troll, this thread was great until then

You probably liked Babalities, nu-MKuck. Nobody wants le wacky silly reddit shit in Mortal Kombat except cringe millennials like you. MKX turned MK into reddit, sorry but it’s just objective fact.

Yeah I totally responded to you by accident instead. I agree otherwise, the problem is that both her parents are classic characters so getting rid of one is tough.

MK was wacky shit from the start, if anything it got too serious now. Also friendship > hara-kiri > babalities

>it’s trolling to not want SJW reddit shit in my classic franchise
Fuck off nu-gamer

MK had goofy shit since literally the first game. Sorry you were like 4 when you played one of the shitty 3d games on ps2 and it scared you.

I wish we got friendships back. I'd use those more if I enjoyed fighting a guy.

>adding faggot characters
>adding more women and niggers
>toning down sexuality to appease SJWs
Yeah sorry the franchise is finished, MK died with MK9. This is the Moralfag Kuckold era of MK.

MK3 must have been so shit for people that were MK fans when it came out. The only characters they would have cared about are basically Shang Tsung, Jax, Kano, Liu Kang, Sonya, Nu-Sub-Zero, and Kung Lao. UMK3 was my first MK game since I got it when I was like 4 so I think Kabal, Sektor, Nightwolf, and, yes, even Stryker are cool, but going from all the sweet fucking characters in MK2 to this shit would have sucked balls. And no fucking Scorpion. People probably thought Cyrax was fucking Scorpion lol.

I bought MK9 to cunt punch female ninjas in training mode with Johnny Cage.
MK11 has nothing to offer me.

I definitely agree MKX had some retarded characters, but I liked MKX a lot. I just didn't pick the faggot characters ever, since I'm not a faggot and neither are my friends. I didn't even know there was a selfie fatality because no one ever picked that character. The kombat kids or whatever just look really generic and boring like some person you see walking down the street and don't give a fuck about. I am fuckingp issed they removed Ermac and Reptile though since I always played them. They need to just make the Horror fighting game with Jason, Freddy, Alien, Predator, etc already with a couple Secret/DLC MK characters added.

they didn't want a rushdown meta where you just corner your opponent and fuck him up. Also don't forget rounds don't reset your positioning

MKX didn't bring back any fan favorites like noob or smoke you wont get reptile either.

im fairly certain im older than you. i come from a time where we had discussions instead of shouting the latest buzzwords at everyone in an attempt to "fit in"

that guy clearly never saw high level mkx. that game is fucking stupid

But Smoke was in X :^)

nigger I was talking about MK11 and answering his question. Shut the fuck up bitch and read before replying to me.
Wait, I changed my mind, don't reply to me ever again

??????? i was talking about the guy you replied to. take your own advice and read with more attention next time

That's pretty much what people expect since they added the run button in mk3, though. I like the rushdown gameplay where you don't have time to sit on the other side and think. It's original and keeps things intense and in the moment when you have to react in the best possible way quickly when someone is running you down. No run leads to too much waiting and shuffling. Run also allows for strategic plays such as running in then teleporting into a teleport kick or something, or running in and getting a free hit because the opponent expects you to teleport. Positioning should definitely be reset in between rounds to start off on even footing again, though.

>People probably thought Cyrax was fucking Scorpion lol.
can confirm that, most people thought cyrax was roboscorpion

>they removed Ermac and Reptile
My two mains lol. Guess I’m not getting MK11, the franchise sucks now anyway.

best roster

Attached: mk9roster.jpg (480x360, 22K)

the game is a shitshow in every single aspect.
gameplay looks shit, roster is garbage, story goes full wakanda.

I've seen MKX tournaments and cornering and fucking up on wakeup is basically lost round and possibly the game.
It's a horrible meta

Including Rain, just noticed that pic doesn't have Rain

Will it ever be topped?

>Stryker
>Sheeva
>Sindel
>nightwolf
>two borgs
It couldve been better but given that it's just MK1-3+Quan Chi, it's fine.

>tekkenbabbs thinking that their wavedash is better than other wavedashes
it always looks retarded. the only time it doesnt look completely awful is in marvel and smash because those games are so vertical and fast anyways.
its absolutely horrible visually in tekken and MKXI. all of this because developers are too STUPID to make regular walk speed fast.

Attached: 1538791592354.jpg (575x1024, 62K)

i don't see a problem with dash canceling in mk11 if it's not retardedly difficult to do, like kbd

you casual viewers dont even understand when an OS is happening

it looks fucking ugly. it takes NRS already shit tier animations and chops them up to shit to make them look even worse.
this could all be solved by not making dashes cancellable like that and actually buffing movespeed, you know like in older fighting games.
its that simple.

I like those characters lol. I mean, who else could they have added besides some new characters that people would automatically hate?

ive played sf4 for nearly 2.5k hours, im not top level at it, but i think i know a thing or two about it

they couldve made it look less silly sure, but faster walkspeed is not equivalent to dash canceling, its too different approaches to movement, one is not necessarily better than the other

Attached: Steam_Hrre3tZH5p.png (259x115, 44K)

GameStop said I can get it at 9pm should I do that or just get the digital?

wtf is OS

For MK9, none. Going forward you could easily replace them with some of the newer characters and 3D era characters like Kotal, Dvorah, Kenshi, Takeda, Jacqui, and Drahmin. The cyborgs are cool but Triborg is really the best thing to happen to them, if they ever go back to individual characters without customizable moves/variations, I'll welcome sektor and cyrax as separate characters.

Woke Kombat 11? No thank you

Option Select

Is Kung Lao rushdown god still?

I seen his new design and fighting stance and I got mad and just stop watching vids.

its literally just movement you retard. you use wave dashing to get in and out of stuff and you use it because regular walk speed doesnt measure up.

NRS wanted to make dashes weaker than in previous games but now retards bitched so they added this abomination.

>complaining about the presence 3 blacks in an mk game
Mk has always had black people in it Friday literally day 1

>Friday

pic related

Attached: Fridayposter1995.jpg (220x341, 51K)

mk1: no nigs
mk2; one token nig
mk11: one token white

I'm still amazed how people can like most of the MK3 newcomers, all those you've mentioned (minus the borgs, they can be fiddled around with to be fine) are utter trash.

Nightwolf could be good if they dropped the urban warrior shit and went a Chief Thunder route, same with Stryker not being a meter maid.
Sindel and Sheeva are unredeemable, tho

Attached: Disgusted Luigi.jpg (385x309, 23K)

There’s 3 black characters at the most. Spawn, Jax and his daughter

Fuck is wrong with you guys

no, its not "just movement". the technique is different and the effects are different. you may think (like i do) that shit like kbd shouldn't exist, but it doesnt mean you'd get the same thing if you just replaced it with faster walkspeed
how i see it is its the difference between moving in faster, discrete steps, that you can't interrupt immediately or control precisely versus smoothly moving in a direction with the option to control exactly how much you wanna move. one is much safer and easier to do than the other

and again im not trying to say dash canceling is better, im just arguing that its DIFFERENT

You forgot Time Nigga

wavedashing is popular exactly BECAUSE you can interrupt dashes immediately.
its literally why everybody only moves like that in Tekken, because Tekken has fucking garbage movement without it. wavedashing actually allows players to move forward and backwards fast like in proper fighting games to bait out buttons to whiffpunish.
thats literally all there is to it.
there is no defending it. both Tekken and MKXI are trash.

Scorpion is a nigga though.

thats ok, im not defending it

Basically mk/umk3 was their first mortal kombat game like me, probably. I like Nightwolf's glowing green shit and his fatality with the big ass green portal. Stryker had guns and grenades so I was like wooowww so cool. I didn't know they were actually shit characters in when it came to playing the actual game competently. For me it was basically like being a little kid watching Power Rangers shit and thinking it's cool except it was extremely violent.

Is noob saibot dlc or is he out launch?

youtube.com/watch?v=6tWCCx45tzk
he wasn't

This. I loved Stryker being the guy using regular guns and shit while dudes are using magic.

base roster

I meant he might as well be a complimentary nigga because all black people love him.

Any got a picture of the full base roster?

I’ve been avoiding so much so I don’t run into story spoilers

Read the thread

All white people, Asian people Indian people etc love him.

He is literally the most popular character in the series. This is like getting mad everyone loves Wolverine in X-men

I will add that Scorpion definitely looks black now that I look at his mk11 render.

Attached: 287432770042211.png (1024x2355, 2.53M)

here:

I'm completely fine with Stryker using guns and grenades, I do enjoy that aspect of his design

What bothers me is his (and Nightwolf's) appearances. I do get that they were fine for the 90s, but that shit doesn't fly with me nowadays

Who said I'm mad? You know how everyone said black people love DBZ though? It's kind of like that with Scorpion.

Maybe they could have done some shit like make you take less damage for a short time after wake up or less stun, but I guess it doesn't matter since they already got rid of the run button.

you've described KBD completely incorrectly, dont open your dumbshit mouth if you dont play tekken

KBD is b,b,db,n,b,db,n,b,db,n...

Yeah they had, it's called armor moves. They are also cancer as fuck

This is just MK9 all over again, Jax even had the same animation.

Remember the only reason this is possible is because retards who don't know shit about fighting games whined until NRS buffed the dashes to speeds that were never intended. Those same retards are now cheering with joy that they finally have an option to skip the neutral they suck so much at.

Attached: b9c4283b7d2513fd7fdb5c42105d3d34.gif (600x450, 1.24M)

>because retards who don't know shit about about fighting games
like Gayfox and other 999 pros they invited to work as testers?
I agree, fucking scrubs

imagine having your game ruined by maximilian of all people

ding dong diddly

huh? didn't mk3 invent the run button?

all mk games are pretty damn different.

mk 4 was so fucking bad and this was the ending for like 3 characters.

MK11 doesn't have run you can only dash/wavedash or teleport

>Ding, dong. The bitch is back.

Cringe.

Attached: 1530566529918.jpg (447x444, 95K)

bad? i rewatch sonya/jarek/jax's ending every day

All the "neutral" in MKX is literally which character has better zoning options. Have you seen FoxyGrampa Skarlet gameplay in first UK MK11 tournament?

in MK11*

The furry nigger only prospers in the most brainless rushdown fighters like NRS shit and Doober Fighter Z. He tried out SFV and got fucking dabbed on. This is funny, because that game is the most offensive unga bunga entry in the series, yet it still contains a child's idea of what neutral is. One that he was unable to grasp which is why he mained FANG for the 50/50 endless pressure memes.

relax bruh

>no run
Pardon me? All this time I’ve wasted on mastering the mkx run and they get rid of it again

Attached: E515E93F-E651-45D3-B114-4925763A97A5.jpg (763x764, 47K)