Are video games getting worse or am I just getting too old for vidya?

Are video games getting worse or am I just getting too old for vidya?

Attached: d43.jpg (600x800, 68K)

Literally everything is getting worse

Kill yourself

Anyone have the webm of the dad's son coming out as a girl and he looks defeated?

Xenoblade restored my faith in vidya. That game would've probably made my dick wag as a kid.

>posting the edit

Why does your friend look like a girl?

Who's that handsome man on the right?

Attached: 1540035229784.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Mixture of both. Most games are pure shit or mediocre snooze-fests. But as you have gotten older and played lotsa different games, it becomes easier and easier to see all the copypasta and shit they contain.

You're playing the wrong games.

B O T H
O
T
H

Nothing is getting worse. You're just becoming overly cynical like This is what happens when you have nothing going on but and endless consumption of media.

where is moot nowadays does he have a twitter or anything he posts life updates to? or did he completely leave the internet?

Hopefully he left. Nobody deserves Twitter of this shithole.

online games are getting worse, single player games are about the same

he works for google in japan or something
and good for him honestly

Just take the indie/gamedev pill and fly away from this rotten industry

Both

Definitely old, games are just different now. New advances in power and technology are allowing for all kinds of experiences that couldn't exist with the limited technology games grew up with. These experiences, like most of Sony's games are almost universally loved except by contrarians and oldfags who seem to be the vocal majority demographic of Yea Forums, wishing for more of the kind of limited games they grew up with.

Attached: 1555639405871.png (751x684, 683K)

The advances or only cosmetic. Games have only gotten simpler and shallower as time went on.

Is this a face-swap right? Right?

no, it's a photoshop

I think it's the death of imagination as you grow older, I think it's killed my ability to be completely engrossed in a game like I used to. I think as a kid my mind would fill in the blanks to the world and characters of a game whereas now I constantly criticize lack of effort when there's reused assets/filler quests or characters with no depth.

I'd argue the differences are way more than cosmetic. Games are bigger both in size and scale, RPG's have a shiton more NPC's to interact with, there's a lot more variety of games and niches and a huge explosion of different multiplayer experiences as well.

Plus we've had a string of complex games release lately, Sekiro, Devil May Cry, Return of Obra Din are some that I've play but I know there's a ton more.

Both actually
Video game are getting repetitive and boring while also getting shits ton of (((media))) influence

Bigger size worse content
Divinity was such a refresher because it had a small map but there's always something new to find on it
You even get the ability to talk to dead people that is mostly just for world building

Yakuza is mostly small districts with tons of packed content that is actually interesting

Size bloat in something like AC Origins is fucking horrible because the game has only 5 standout places in a huge map and everything is generic and lifeless because they care for size over content

The ''how long it take to run from one side of map to other side'' was the dumbest shit that has ever happened to open world games and I am glad it stayed back in 2014