Is it going to be a flop that will ruin the franchise Yea Forums?

stalker2.com/
is it going to be a flop that will ruin the franchise Yea Forums?
what are your hopes and expectations for the long awaited sequel?

Attached: STALKER 2.jpg (1821x934, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Decane/SRP
youtu.be/HhbkLwUUhKo
youtu.be/lVbWmL1Q98o
youtube.com/watch?v=s9APLXM9Ei8
youtu.be/q-rGSkhJ_54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want them to make the anomalies be more like the one in the books. I want to see people be torn in pieces. Not "look out there's lightning here".

Like this?

Attached: marc-stewart-nova-zona-anomaly-01.jpg (1920x1200, 418K)

>is it going to be a flop that will ruin the franchise Yea Forums?
Who cares?
The franchise was already dead for 10 fucking years.
If it's good, cool, if not, we will move on.

Roadside Picnic is nothing like STALKER. they should not even have a connection.

I have no hopes nor expectations. I am pretending it was never announced. It will either be canceled or unworthy of recognition.
I will continue to play SoC and it's mods like I have for the past 5+ years.
Thinking about STALKER 2 in any way is dumb. Don't even keep it in the back of your mind.

>is it going to be a flop that will ruin the franchise Yea Forums?
desu anything they put out will be objectively better than SoC or CoP. The soul and comfiness of the game is subjective, but will ultimately decide if it will be any better
then again zoomers dont care about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and only appeals to a niche existing fanbase and /k/ Slavboos. It's going to flop like the previous games unless it has a shoestring budget the rest of them

Attached: stalker.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

You didn't play the games or read the books then. Whirlwind anomalies already blow people to bits.
You're a retard that probably didn't make it to 100 rads bar.

That's the stuff

I don't think it'll get made in the first place. If they release something that isn't just a teaser, I'll start being cautiously optimistic.

Attached: 1533153449042.jpg (250x205, 8K)

I don't pay attention to dev studio drama/news but GSC released Cossacks 3 in 2016 which did get them some decent money. It's not like they came back from the dead just to announce Stalker 2 which would have been suspicious.

I did hear about Cossacks 3. When I saw it, I thought it's promising they started with that to test the waters and see if the team is reliable. But that's a pretty small scale project compared to STALKER 2. Apparently Sergei "announced" STALKER 2 without consulting the team, simply to look for funding via a publisher, but the game isn't even in production right now. Just in concept stage.

Whether they're going to find funding and pull it off in the timeframe he set them, I don't know. It might change, but I don't wanna get my hopes up until they actually show off more.

It's not directly connected but it's a clear inspiration, allong with the movie.
I don't think there's a problem in wanting more elements of the books (the good parts) to be in the game.

>Whirlwind anomalies already blow people to bits.
I didn't say there weren't any good anomalies in the games. I said I wanted more.

decent bait

It'll be shit, but I'll always have mods to play

I'm not trusting any release dates that might show up.

can't wait for the dual release with bannerlord

To be entirely honest, even if it's an horrible blunder, we only need their new levels and models and modders will do the rest.

Yes, because modders managed to make Clear Sky a game worth replaying.

Oh wait.

Shut your mouth

>what is reborn

>stalker: title
>STALKER 2

BRAVO NOLAN

This is how you know a game is going to be soulless

I've lost hope a long time ago
there's a 99% chance it will just be cancelled because pepsi simply spontaniously combusted with this idea out of nowhere, without consulting anyone
Either it will be cancelled or it will be released in 50 years
It happened with Oblivion Lost, it happened with the old Stalker 2

Attached: ifyouonlyknew.png (451x360, 366K)

The people who sneak through the military cordon to The Zone to search for artifacts are literally called Stalkers in Roadside Picnic. How many words in common was that?

Not to mention that it happened to Lost Alpha, too.

Isn't that the only true way to name expansions and sequels?

It depends on how they balance stuff for normies - I loved the feel but hated getting killed by blurry screen inexplicable shit.

Obviously not hand holding adds to terror / experience but if you leave me high and dry I'm going to just wander into anomalies and think my game is bugging.

Freedom over Duty.

I think he means that the global tone of the book has nothing to do with the pace of stalker games. It's a very slow contemplative piece

>Yes, because modders managed to make Clear Sky a game worth replaying.
Clear Sky with the Sky Reclamation Project to fix its bewildering number of game breaking bugs is an excellent game. github.com/Decane/SRP Clear Sky is far more reflective of what STALKER wanted to be compared to the crippled ambition of SoC and the theme park of CoP.

That's the idea. CS and CoP were more or less just variations of ShoC, they weren't supposed to be an actual sequel.

Based
But clear sky is best faction

>Clear Sky is far more reflective of what STALKER wanted to be
I can't believe STALKER was always supposed to be about shooting dudes.

it's not gonna happen

STALKER was conceived as a game driven by its A-Life system. Where the world lived and breathed without you. Where the AI could accomplish tasks without you. Clear Sky is the only game where this actually happens in any capacity.

Do you mean besides just looting dead stalker and searching for anomalies? Becuase its seems thats all the A-life stalker do

>is it going to be a flop
Not if it's good.

In Shadow of Chernobyl, literally all the human AI does is move between campfires. In Clear Sky, they fight over locations and occupy them. In Call of Pripyat, there's a sort of dynamic AI system that spawns the AI around you to create artificial conflict. Far Cry games do something similar.

I thought clear skys warfare system didnt really work

Clear Sky's faction warfare system is straight up broken yet the entire game is based on it in the sense that major quests revolve around the AI crossing the map in realtime to reach you. There's a reason the unofficial patch is pretty much mandatory because vanilla Clear Sky is broken. Really, really, really broken.

t. foolish americanec who still doesn't uderstand STALKER is mostly based on Forgotten Experiment, not Roadside Picnic

So what's the meme mod of the month? I've been playing the beta for anomaly that adds in 3 questline.

Well I agree. Stalker doesn't force the player character to leave the zone and sit doing jack shit in the real world in the middle of the story for a duration that accounts for 50% of the entire campaign. Its pace is much faster indeed.

even if it does come out I can't see it not being modern streamlined, overly cinematic broad audience crap

I just want a decent post-apocalyptic game to immerse myself in.
Fallout 4 was a let-down, Metro Exodus was only meh and the latest Atomic Heart gameplay vids look like ass.

Attached: 1983474.jpg (600x600, 42K)

CoP was streamlined, overly cinematic crap, but it's still a great game with soul.

CoP is certainly nowhere close to being overly cinematic like Metro and other shitty modern shooters are

Atomic Heart was confirmed to be just manufactured videos and a total scam

Such a shame. The concept was pretty neat.

clear sky > loners > mercs > ecologists > bandits > freedumb = DOOTY > monolith > dogshit > military

OKAY NOW THIS IS EPIC!

Attached: 1555710752043.jpg (853x640, 1.19M)

The actual Faction Wars mod is fucking fantastic though, I really wish more games had those kinds of mods.

Attached: 1487600093713.jpg (2875x656, 1.15M)

Loner > Ecologists > Duty = Clear Sky > Mercs > > Army > Bandits > Freedum > Monolith

>I want to see people be torn in pieces.
Gravity anomalies already did that, the effect itself was just kinda shit. They exploded into red mist.

Pick one

1) Static anomalies that are all over the map, places by developers (SoC)
2) Static anomalies that change around after emissions meaning you need to make sure you're alert 24/7 in-case things have moved
3)Anomaly fields with artifacts in them (CoC)

I prefer 2 but i think a blend of 2 and 3 would be great, large fields with good artifacts and random lesser anomalies spread around the world that shift and change after emissions

bros i still remember my first emission...

youtu.be/HhbkLwUUhKo

Heres hoping the devs go back to Pripyat to make the game map seem more legit again. Maybe they could even use photogrammetry on the graphic assets, although the higher background radiation in Pripyat and Chernobyl might fuck with the photos in some areas.

Attached: ftgofpripyatrightafterevacuation.png (1920x1080, 3.15M)

I would very much like #2, especially if the density is so high even walking from point A to point B is a challenge in itself. Won't happen, though, because it will take away from the shooting aspect. Still a shame how the zone in the book is a deadly industrial hell where one wrong step can kill you, while the one in the game is an open green field where the main danger is drunk bandits and stray dogs.

Have both random and scripted static ones. Latter ones can be handmade into more outworldish landmarks, which would be quite hard to do with randomly generating anomalies.

I want all of them

You just described the original Autumn Aurora mod. Sadly, the emissions broke the game and they had to scrap them and the moving anomalies. Still the best stalker mod i've played through.

The world introduced in the game makes more sense thematically though. Even in real Chernobyl and the surrounding area itself, radiation did not disperse evenly everywhere, some areas were worse than others. Take a look at the radiation contamination map around the area of Chernobyl and you notice it looks like it has leopard spots.

Also here, have a video of tanks bulldozing irradiated houses, the lookout has radiation burns on his face too: youtu.be/lVbWmL1Q98o

>Duty
Yes goyim, don't mind freedom actually holding the line against monolith while Duty hangs out at the bar.

are you lads for кинo?

youtube.com/watch?v=s9APLXM9Ei8

What are the questlines about?

More interested on that show than GoT.

Is the reason why Swedes are always cast to play Russian characters that actual Russians can't speak English or their accent is so bad that people couldn't understand them?

I honestly thought it was a movie the first time I saw the trailer
I hope it will be historically accurate and not a made up version to keep it dramatic

>Strelok comes back
>Sin (cut faction from SoC) appears and attempts to take over the zone
>Something about the secrets of the zone

i think they went hard to try and get it accurate, especially the portrayal of failures by many of the people in-charge, the way they downplayed the situation to avoid blame and punishment and in return the boys who went onto the roof, cleared the surrounding areas paid the price in, at best, severally diminished life spans or just straight up died weeks or days after the event.

researches actually went to Chernobyl to take pictures etc to make it accurate too

>Principal photography reportedly began in April 2018 in Lithuania.[9] Initial filming had begun on May 13, 2018 in Fabijoniškės, a dormitory suburb in Vilnius, Lithuania and was used to portray the city of Pripyat, since the district maintained authentic Soviet atmosphere. Area of densely built panel housing apartments served as a location for the evacuation scenes. Director Johan Renck heavily criticized the amount of diverse and eye-catching modern windows in the houses, but was not concerned about removing them in post. At the end of March, the production moved to Ignalina, Lithuania to shoot both exterior and interior of the Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant, a decommissioned nuclear power station that is sometimes referred to as "Chernobyl's sister" due to the visual resemblance and nuclear reactor type used at both Chernobyl and Ignalina (RBMK nuclear power reactor). In early June, production moved to Ukraine to shoot minor final scenes.[13] The filming of Chernobyl took 16 weeks.

Theres going to be lot of obviously made up elements too but otherwise they have a lot witnesses of actually recorded material that they can just easily recreate. Even stuff like the victims of the radiation poisoning describing in detail what it feels like when you get a lethal dose of radiation (like needles piercing your face and you start tasting lead in your mouth).

For instance the miniseries probably has the roof-cleaning in it judging from the trailer, theres recorded videos of that happening so its fairly easy to recreate them: youtu.be/q-rGSkhJ_54

That roof is irradiated as fuck by the way, those reservists are only allowed to work there for 45 seconds and only allowed to get back there for maximum 3 times. And some of them started vomiting and having nosebleeds anyway.

sounds like its going to be stalker core kino

Depends, Pripyat at that time wasn't exactly a spooky wasteland yet. Theres videos of empty Pripyat soon after everyone got evacuated and from the looks of it Pripyat actually looked like a really nice and modern small city for its time:

youtu.be/HhbkLwUUhKo

My own home town was more "stalker kino" than Pripyat by that time. If it weren't for the whole radiation level rising so high you get lethal dose in 5 days and all that shit, Pripyat would've seemed like a nice place to squat in and explore after everyone left.

>slavs going up on the roof to clear tons of rubble with tiny shitty shovels while wearing basic anti radiation gear for 45 seconds at maximum, with severe bodily damage regardless

fucking awful

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 sneak peak

Attached: an.webm (1024x576, 2.71M)

this is not stalker 2, idiot fuck

Yes it is,doubters BTFO

Attached: 6it8p.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

Theres no anti-radiation gear in the existence that would shield you from some of the worst shit on that roof. Those gasmasks and protective gear are there to protect you from Alpha- and Beta-radiation which both can be blocked very easily but are super-deadly if you inhale dust particles and get it in your lungs or your intestines. Gamma-radiation however penetrates pretty much everything so theres no real effective protection against it, other than putting as much distance between you and the source as possible, preferably with a lot of seawater or ground between you.

Also you couldn't clear it via helicopters effectively, both because it was hard and because radiation levels were much higher up in the atmosphere above the Chernobyl. Those helicopter pilots who dropped sandbags on the smoldering core got very high doses of radiation themselves. Few days after the explosion the core was so incredibly dangerous that simply just looking down to see it could irradiate your head with a lethal dose instantly.