Why is this?

Attached: my-image.png (980x737, 881K)

>pacman
>SSBU

Kek

>Pac-Man
>ssbu
Okay retard

Rosalina and Bowser Jr were the only truly lame choices because they're basically C-list in their own series and are just more Mario characters for the sake of it. Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt are unironically good additions.

Ken is still the most pointless addition ever besides dr mario
Seriously why

Greninja and wrastlecat are some of the worst choices
>like 100+ viable Pokémon
>default on starter of that gen
Why?????????
No one cares about either anymore

Eh, smash 4 and ultimate are both pretty weak, even with a few hype newcomers.

sakurai was trying his hardest to ignore the fans

>bowser jr
>bad addition
yikes! imagine being a rosterfag.

Smash 4's lineup wasn't bad but it was really super fixated on what was popular during the Wii/3DS era. Even Little Mac and Palutena, both technically legacy characters, only really got in because of Punch-Out!! Wii and Kid Icarus Uprising respectively.

We'll have to wait and see for Ultimate, it still has four more.

One of the most popular fighting game characters ever?

They serve to represent that time/gen in Pokemon.
Starters obviously do that much better than the wild mons. Barely any of the characters in Smash are still relevant at this time, if that matters anyway. The game is about Nintendo's past.

SSBU has the weakest newcomers imo but that's natural since by this point all the good ones have been used.

Nothing wrong with representing the newer gens. Nostalgiafags always try to stiff-arm fans of newer characters.

I would say Brawl or ssb4 have the best additions.

Pacman was released for SSB4 dipshit

No one likes ken JUst play street fighter lmao him and ryu are boring what’s point in adding characters from fighting games to smash

Yeah but they could of thrown in a legacy pick or two.

It's obvious the reason DK didn't get K. Rool or any new character for Smash 4 was because DKC Returns was the most recent mainline game out at the time and it only featured DK and Diddy.

Attached: 20140305-170400.jpg (600x400, 80K)

And also, the game was marketed with all previous characters plus newcomers

bowser jr, rosaluma, robin, greninja, and palutena were all aggressively underwhelming reveals and i feel like i would take more meme picks like piranha plant over any of them. maybe robin can stay, he did revive the FE series for better or worse and at least he's a spellcaster

i really didn't know how to feel towards being like, anti-excited for newcomer reveals in a smash game.

I'm still mad that he wasn't in it.
Fuck that shitty Mii costume.

Attached: youtu.be-u1P1nkbuz6k.png (932x1080, 344K)

SSBU will be the best once Gex is revealed.

Are you actually gonna say that when melees roster exists?

>replace greninja with eevee and it’s evolutions
>replace wrastlecat with like darkrai or Arceus

Decidueye got robbed, though I guess a more physical fighter was preferred to a projectile one. They could have gone with Lycanroc, Golisopod, or an Ultrabeast though. Hell even Alolan Raichu. Would've showcased that gen's gimmick and completed the line with both psychic and electric moves.

I feel as if people just intentionally forget that SSB4 introduced characters people wanted for years.
>Duck Hunter
>Mega Man
>Pac Man
>Little Mac
>Villager
I remember before 4 every came out rosterfags were riding on most of these characters. I also remember a fair amount of fags wanting miis to serve as custom characters since it was so obvious. A good portion of SSBU's newcomers are just alt costumes. What does that say about the game?

They're iconic video game characters and thus coincide with the whole point of Smash you moron.

Yeah but Ultimate added the two biggest requested first party characters left

Attached: kridley.jpg (2048x2048, 370K)

>Arceus
How would you even make it work?

I'd say Ultimate's lineup of newcomers in the base game would've been better if some of the echoes were just semi-clones. The entire concept already seems like an afterthought.

This was japans top rated pokemon in 2016

Attached: 3817d06fcc3d42928f097fdabc5fccfa95d87374_hq.jpg (577x640, 110K)

Are you fucking kidding? Melee has a grand total of 4 good newcomers with the rest being lame clones or literal whos. No one would ever give a shit about Ice Climbers or Game and Watch if they weren't brought in during Melee.

>implying anyone still gives a shit about the ICs

No that would be ultimate. The selling point of the game wasn't "look who's new" but rather "We brought back everyone". On top of this there's them trying to pass off clones as new characters, characters who feel like they should be echo fighters but aren't, and characters with rehashed moves. Add that to a game where seemingly most of the assets are ripped from the previous game, and the it feels stale

Brawl Japan time >= Early Ultimate Japan time >>>>>>>>>>> Late Ultimate Japan Time > Tr4sh Japan time

Ultimate threads got genuinely fucking terrible the moment Isabelle got announced, but at least the shitposting was 6 months. Tr4sh lasted nearly the same time as Brawl's 2-year Japan time and nearly every newcomer was a complete disappointment, people were genuinely more hyped for stages and veterans than the actual newcomers it got so bad.

Attached: 1455134222_566.gif (460x337, 2.51M)

>that fucking august direct
it literally was the best
why the fuck did they have to ruin it so fast

I think we can all agree

Attached: 0Tj8NfF.jpg (1128x789, 847K)

Wow legit

>Replace a Pokemon from an otherwise unrepped gen to more KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jesus Christ.

>Simon in s tier but richter in c tier
lol ok bud

To be fair you could say that for a lot of characters on the roster. Dare I say even Ness or Pit

>richter in c tier
???

Honestly i think they are both interchangeable (not same user btw)

Richter is literal who tier compared to Simon.
It'd be like comparing a gen 1 Pokemon to a gen 5 Pokemon. Same series, sure, but there's obviously going to be more people who recognize the former.

They did throw in a legacy pick. Duck Hunt.

>Bowser Jr
>Duck Hunt
>Little Mac
>Megaman
>Pac Man
>Robin
>Shulk
>Villager
>WFT
Nah, SSB4 newcomers are fine, and add a shit ton of variety. You're just shitter shattered because Ridley and Simon and K Rool didn't get in until the next game.

>Inkling
>Ridley
>Simon
>King K.rool

>Weak

Because old good new bad

Corrin is not forgettable just because you don't like Fire Emblem.

But user, the division between old and new characters in Ultimate isn't too far off, with 6 newer characters (Incineroar, Inkling, Isabelle, Joker, Chrom, Dark Samus) with 8 older character (K. Rool, Daisy, P. Plant, Ridley, Ken, Simon, Richter)

>Corrin is not forgettable just because you don't like Fire Emblem
>4 out of the 7 FE characters are in higher tiers, more than half.
Nope, sorry for your shit taste Fateshitter

Mega Man and Pac-man (Who you listed in Ultimate) alone shit on literally everything Smash Ultimate brought save for Simon and Joker

Because after Brawl, most of the really important and relevant characters were already added.

Correction, Greninja was a legitimately good addition while Incineroar was a shit addition.

>two biggest requested first party characters left
These two were the very definition of bandwagon character. Banjo is to.

Brawl has the strongest newcomers of the entire series.

Brawl MK and potentially Brawl Snake would wipe the floor with everyone. Maybe even Brawl DDD with his chain grab. Brawl Olimar was also busted.

In short, Brawl has the strongest characters in the series.

Fighting plate arceus

and you're a shit inclusion to this planet. off yourself

Are you really asking that when many new characters are simply summoning shit thats random objects or other characters entirely like what duck hunt dog does

Grenny is Pokemon royalty at this point. If we're talking about refurbishing the pokemon cast i'd be down for axing Pichu and rotating out squirt/ivy/jiggs/incineroar for 4 fresh faces. 3 entirely individual movesets being shackled together feels fucking terrible to me

How would you make a snappy plant bound to a pot work

I will never not be mad that we got Incineroar over something unique like Primarina.

Attached: Angry_Primarina.jpg (1200x900, 459K)

SSb4 had fucking MEGA MAN and PAC-MAN
how do you even consider calling that weak

And it’s evolutions
Covers
Gen 2, Gen 4, Gen 5
Keep acting retarded

>arceus was actually a place a way from being playable
:( gah

>suicune
>shaymin
>gardevoir
>giritina
>Fug
>kyoger
That’s pretty goode

I feel like they should have gone with gensect instead for some reason

How so?

Pacbloke was in smosh4 troglodyte

Genesect is cool, but greninja is just so iconic at this point. Popular in the competitive scene and had is own special anime version that they even added as a special from to the games

Bump Sheik, Greninja, Wolf, and Ridley down 1.

Buff Marth, Sonic, Villager, Mega-Man, and Pacman up one.

Buff Game and Watch, Pit, and Olimar up 1.

Bump Ice Cilmbers, Lucario, and Bowser Jr. down 1.

Buff WFT and Isabelle up one.

>added before the game was even out
>and shilled hard so it must be good
Oh no

Rosalina
Bowser Jr.
Greninja
Palutena
Dak Pit
Lucina
Corrin

Smash4 had some of the worst newcomers

SSB4 had the best newcomers, every single one has really interesting gameplay.