Katana ZERO

so what's the Yea Forumserdict?

Attached: play tape.png (1280x720, 584K)

>indie pixleshit
hard pass

Best game I've played in a good while. Gonna take a lot for anything else to beat it out for my GOTY.

Pretty good and like Hotline Miami

>pc and switch
the two things i dont have and i really want to play it

Attached: 876CDC43-29BE-4E2E-83CD-B5A6AF3E0875.jpg (854x480, 123K)

This probably can run on a toaster.

Good but short. It feels like the start of an early access game that adds new chapters as it goes along in development, but apparently they're doing a dlc to wrap up 'minor plot points' and then going straight to the sequel.

how many endings are there? I got the one where you kill the therapist, Zero goes out in a run and the little girl gets captured by the masked men
are there other endings? how do you get them?

Great music, game play, and story line. 9/10.

there's two but the second barely counts, just choose death when the masks ask your decision and you just die on the spot, no special cutscene or anything after

there's 5 secret swords and a hidden boss but that's it content wise

the hidden boss is the therapist

any way I can get to fight him?

just be a cunt to him all game,

hang up and cut him off whenever possible, talk to electrohead, refuse medication, etc

>no eyes

why do they do this?!

Attached: Confused Angel.png (283x195, 89K)

Is it true it enda in a cliffhanger?

yes a pretty annoying one at that

story and gameplay are still worth experiencing

Game was short, but sweet.
I want more gameplay segments where you play as other NULL.

>Degenerate Digital
It's shit

don't buy it, it's only half a game.

whats wrong with devolver?

it's on gog who said anything about buying

I'm just shitting on indie devs. I actually liked Absolver a lot

short, but i liked it

Is this a boy or girl?

Fuckin hell I wish there was an exact list trigger for the Psychotherapy achievement, cause I refused to take the drugs, talked to Electrohead, tried to piss off the therapist whenever I can, hung up on him during the tutorial and prison levels and the boss fight won't trigger.

I hate it when devs shoehorn some pretentious plot into these simple games. More shit I have to skip through. It was dumb in Celeste and it's dumb here.

What's pretentious about it?

did you also piss of receptionist chan during her mission and get the short blade?

one guide i followed said the short blade was part of it but i'm not sure if it's really required

psychological shit and stories including timetravel are barely ever good

I made especially sure to piss her off in the hotel mission as well and got the short blade too, honestly just unsure if I should be doing each mission separately or if I should just replay through the entire game again to make it work.

Legacy of Kain has time traveling and it’s one of the best stories in a game.

Did you play and finish the game? I thought it handled the time aspect of it very well

i mean the entire aspect of timetravel in your mind via drug was kinda stupid and there's a bit too much "it's in ur head bro" for me but it was alright

FPBP

it's really good desu

Imagine being this literal drooling retard, shitposting on the internet when your diaper is full to the brim.

This. is it pixel shit. not very good or detailed pixel art but it's slightly better than most indie pixel shit. i'll pirate it.
is it out?

yeah it is out and the pixel art is actually really fucking good

its metal slug quality. there are very, very few pixel games that look better ever.

>its metal slug quality
I like the game, but no, it really isn't.

it's not at all metal slug quality. not even close backgrounds are ok but the pixel art is really tiny following a trend of lazy indies. the characters are faceless blobby low detail garbage, shading on them is poor & the game relies on cancerous, obnoxious shaders, filters and effects way too much. it's really poor pixel art form.

its almost like the artstyle its trying to imitate with those shaders is VHS camera footage, which is usually low detailed and far away, going for that synthwave 80's aesthetic
also you can disable the effects at any time in the options :^)

meant to reply to

FUCKING AWSOME!

>Just bought Katan Zero and cuphead
>Dragons Dogma next week
>REsident evil remake and Resident evil zero few months from now

So we can ALL admit switch is the new vita
>inb4 muh ports
Implying most of the old heads and PC fags on Yea Forums like all these new sjw braidead movies gmes that infest the gaming community.

Sure we may have to rebuy these games,but lets be honest most of us would rather play all the game we grew up with during the ps2 NES era that play these trahy ass AAA movie shit that plague the modern industry.

Nintendo is the only developers keeping gaming fun and alive as far as im concerend.

My ps2 is covered in fucking dust and last thin i played was sekiro and it still wasn't enough for me to clean the damn thing off

Attached: magnificent.gif (360x191, 780K)

Dont even bother trying to explain shit to these loser.

They just care about specs an AAA graphics like the pc fucks that they are.

Game is beautiful and has great as music on pare with hotline miami

that sort of VHS cyber punk shit is overused and doesn't fit pixel art at all.

I just wish it had a scoring system like hotline miami. As it is there is no reason not to abuse shit like the doors that go between floors and slo-mo your way through any difficult encounter. Also the game needs more stages even if they have no story to go with them.

Attached: katana zero gameplay 1.webm (966x544, 2.96M)

oppa speedrun style

Attached: barney rubble.jpg (385x500, 28K)

you have shit taste and legitimately do not belong here
go back to reeeddit

i wish refusing the drug would have the sideeffect of no longer being able to slow down time

I actually thought using slo-mo would have adverse effects on the story since I thought that was said in a dev interview like 3 years ago but I was wrong. Would have been cool though.

Attached: katana zero gameplay 2.webm (966x544, 2.81M)

>Mixels
>Bloom
>Dynamic camera zoom in pixel art game.
disgusting.