Bracket:
smash.gg/tournament/pound-2019/events/ultimate-singles/overview

MELEE:
twitch.tv/vgbootcamp2
twitch.tv/vgbootcamp3
Bracket:
smash.gg/tournament/pound-2019/events/melee-singles/overview

Old:

Attached: 1552277484415.jpg (512x512, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Marss_NE/status/1107337563017232384
twitter.com/tsm_leffen/status/1119754158435983360?s=21
youtu.be/n2Z_kdbSQJI
clips.twitch.tv/DepressedColdSpaghettiSoonerLater
twitter.com/johnny_S2J/status/1119814012433248262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hbox

Attached: hbox slapping.webm (458x404, 1.26M)

not hbox

Why does everyone hate hungrybox?

Attached: 1551680353813.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

You understand the longer you stick around

Attached: Look at me, I am the popoff now.webm (640x360, 2.68M)

CHUFOX

puff

who the hell is riddles?

Riddles' richter is based

a smash player

this. the best way to spot a newfag is to see how they feel about hbox

CHU HATERS BTFO

A hero that mains Richter.

Attached: 1551063922959.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

He's unfun to watch, tho i'll admit i prefer him to Leffen.

Basically in my case i root for Axe, Amsa, M2K, i'm A-Ok with Plup, Mango, Armada S2J etc and i want to see Hungrybox and espêcially Leffen get humilliated

God, MM is such a cool character.

I can't believe M2K got hit by that shoryuken 3 fucking times. That thing is ridiculously hard to land.

fug riddles was doing some work

Eat shit m2k.

daaaaamn riddles, that was sick

Squad strike is more fun to watch than doubles and contending with singles

Attached: 3104CFF1-9947-4029-8ED0-0E39901CAB7B.gif (400x400, 253K)

man, you must be very dissappointed as of late

He cute

Chudat is Chu good

Chu's fox taking 2 games off of swedish delight LMAO
>muh carried by wobbling

Just started watching, what are some important things that have happened so far?

"Why yes, I do enjoy playing Super Smash Brothers Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube, Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Nintendo Wii, Super Smash Brothers 4 for the Nintendo Wii U, and Super Smash Brothers Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch."

Attached: Lift2King.png (365x365, 225K)

Leffen has sucked ass in every tournament except this one.

It's a straight upgrade to singles as far as I'm concerned. Especially 5v5, that gets players to dig really deep and pull out characters we NEVER would have seen otherwise.

B A S E D

Melee or Ultimate?

Nah, leffen is a little bitch ass nigger, Seeing him getting absolutely btfo is a endless joy.

Interested in both. Looks like leffen doing well in ultimate right now.

Chudat beat Swedish Delight with Fox =D7

I wonder how Swedish feels about Chu’s Fox taking two games off his Peach. Iirc he’s a pretty good sport but I’m not sure.

What kind of sociopathic faggot mains Ice Climbers? No fun to watch, no fun to play against, nobody will like you if you play them. You're playing solely for results, and even then they've got a fucking asterisk next to them as you've wobbled your way to a respectable win. How do you watch GRSmash videos thinking the game looks fun to take seriously and play competitively and decide to fucking main this retarded character? All of the sick Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach, Sheik, Falcon shit and you decide to pick up the character with the infinite that requires you to time your A presses? Absolutely antithetical to Melee's technical basis as a competitive game. Not only that but these fucking morons dare go to Twitter to proclaim they'll quit the game if wobbling is banned? No one gives a shit, you mongoloids. NOBODY will miss your absence in the scene, you lame fucking idiots. Holy shit, fuck all Ice Climbers players.

whats the point of playing garbage like icies if your fox is good?

YEAHUYZZZ

CHU CREW WW@??

>Not only that but these fucking morons dare go to Twitter to proclaim they'll quit the game if wobbling is banned?
isnt chu one of the ICs that thinks wobbling should be banned?

Chu is based

Attached: 1555734541099.webm (854x480, 2.82M)

holy fuck M2K is Incineroar IRL

Holy fuck, that's good

Attached: 1553708919747.png (390x470, 8K)

>ken

U wot

is this pasta or are meleefags actually this stupid?

Riddles is so cute

based

Attached: 1543404087539.png (1146x852, 2.04M)

No, he thinks it should be legal, but he's pretty decent without it and was a top player before it.

What's stupid about it?

HE'S GONNA JUMP

Holy shit this guy is tilted

>that popoff when he sees the pizza
lmao

YOU BETTER STOP COACHING GODDAMMIT!!

kek
fuck marss

So did Hungrybox + Ultimate just straight up kill Melee?

It's amazing how accurate Marss was with that cave dweller tweet.

No, Ultimate has embarrassing viewership for how new it is. Bottom one is Melee.

Attached: vgbc.png (235x90, 6K)

Mostly Hungrybox. Melee was already reclining before ultimate was out

brilliant

What tweet?

No. The Axe vs Mango matchup earlier broke 20k while Ultimate stayed around 16k all day.

the implicatiom that icies mains are sociopaths, the implication that wobbling imvalidates wins, the implication that every whose into melee is into because of shitty yourube compilations, the implication that melees basis is on technicality, and the implication that mobody will miss icies players if they all quit

>Ultimate side event with less than 200 entrants
>top 16 melee

twitter.com/Marss_NE/status/1107337563017232384

as if getting the main stream isn't part of it

Imagine actually taking a screenshot of this. Ultimate had higher viewership for the rest of it's side event you cringe fuck

all of those are correct except the wobbling thing

Attached: 1538277283673.jpg (610x320, 18K)

Anybody else liked more squad smash than normal stock smash?

he gets utterly btfo'd by the replies

there's a Melee player named K-On?
CUTE

Attached: 1534545238434.jpg (970x743, 276K)

Melee can't really be killed. It's on a downturn atm but once Ultimate stops getting content the true test will begin. I also fully expect Leffen to return at some point, he can't run from Hbox forever.

it clearly isnt because there were multiple points in the day that the second stream passed the first, all it means is that meleefags dont care about the actual game they just like certain personalities that play it

I don't know why the two fanbases fight, when both of them will be dead in 3-4 years thanks to twitch money

>check the melee stream
>wobbling shit

No wonder this shit is dead

theyre all wrong actually

He can. He just needs to get into another fighting game, all of them have better pay than melee

Obviously the sociopathic comment was hyperbole.

Nowhere was it implied that their wins were invalidated, it was said they were "asterisked." As in less important.

How else would someone get into Melee than seeing fucking videos of it being played, you fucking idiot?

Competitive Melee is based on its tech skill, moron. Try getting anywhere without being able to move smoothly and hit your punishes consistently.

And yes, a few retards will miss their local ICs buddies if they quit. But the scene at large wouldn't care.

mang0 beat Axe, PPU beat iBDW, Zain took it over 2Saint. Cool Lime managed to make it into top 8. Chudat pulled out the Fox and forcibly character locked Swedish into Peach, switching to ICs every time he won with fox.
In Ult, Leo is out, Light, ZD, and ESAM are in losers (either that or they're out). Not sure of much else as I haven't been keeping up with it as much.

Not more, but it was fun. It's the only time you'll see high level matchups between characters like Isabelle, Zelda, Kirby, Plant, Bayo, ICs, Ryu, Puff, Pit etc.

>there were multiple points in the day that the second stream passed the first
that's just pathetic from ultimate, getting the main stream is very important

is md vs va crews for melee or ult?

The post isn't refuting that Ultimate had higher viewership, it's saying a 6 month old game only getting 3k more viewers than an 18 year old game is shit. The game's DoA, man. Get over it.

Honestly Mang0 S2J plup and Axe is saving this tournament, the rest has been boring.

asterisks arent much different than invalidation
most people got into melee because they owned a gamecube and wanted to play a fighting game, didnt need to watch video of it because the game was just fun
by that logic every game is based on tech skill so melee isnt special
youre retarded if you think an entire element of the scene dissappearing wouldnt leave a giant crater on the scene

what if I told you SFAT wins Pound

Decided to play some melee yesterday for the first time in a while
>get one match vs their main before they switch to pichu
>refuse to switch back, but one guy is willing to switch to my main to show me what I'm doing wrong
>apparently I should be spamming taunt repeatedly
>sometimes they decide to play bad on purpose, e.g. using the same move over and over
Yep, nothing ever changes

>The game's DoA, man.
What did he mean by this?

so no matter how the facts play out youll spin it to shit on ultimate, gotcha. if ultimate does better its because the main stream is an unfair advantage, if melee does better its because ultimate is pathetic. cognitive dissonance really is alot mpre pervasive in this community than i previously believed

OH SHIT, HE HAS A GUN

Attached: 1533975009559.jpg (637x358, 39K)

Both of you are being super disingenuous, can't you get along?
Both games get huge boosts of viewership during top 8, and Ultimate is currently in its side event

Attached: 1361876351294.gif (360x234, 13K)

sorry you got bullied by what I assume to be netplay nerds user but this should cheer you up

Attached: 1515468559713.jpg (634x522, 69K)

using the same move over and over is not playing bad if it wins, that just means you're bad

They're very different. Do you even know what asterisks denote? And nobody within the last 5 years has gotten into competitive Melee because they "owned a gamecube." The scene is kept alive by compilation channels. That's how people find the game now that the GameCube isn't and hasn't been current gen for a decade. And no, traditional fighters where you don't have to move around to punish your opponent don't require grinding movement and techskill. You simply play neutral and grind the string of input to perform the punish. Wobbling also isn't an "entire element." Banning wobbling doesn't mean banning Ice Climbers as a whole.
People would still do fine with hand-offs, which are much more entertaining anyway.

How fucking drunk is Coney right now

Attached: 1524984106327.jpg (240x251, 23K)

What are Mang0's chances of beating Hbox?

Leo isn't out

Attached: f862e454b4c78de54760197eff40c4a9.png (211x137, 4K)

cope

Melee top 8 consistently has 8 different characters in top 8, how much majors in a row is this now?

looks like he managed to unDQ himself

>Vish, Chillin, and DJN tricast
Based.

>Cool Lime managed to make it into top 8
He just lost to sfat.

Also, MKLeo is still in, but he's in loser's. Along with the other upsets you mentioned, Void is out at 49th.

Oh he unDQ'd himself. Weird, I didn't think that could happen.

would be more based without DJ

The man is a loose cannon. I'm surprised he wasn't axed after doing nothing but eating a Big Mac into the mic of a PM tourney a few years ago.

Realistically like 10-20%

you think if compilation channels dissappeared the scene would die? retarded. traditional fighters do require movement and maneuverabilty retard dont talk about games you dont understand. we werent discussing a wobbling ban we were discussing icies players leaving and you claimed it wouldnt make a difference so youre retarded

Fuck, top 12 I meant. I'm so out of it.

I LOVE YUI

>Falco
>Marth
>Fox
>Puff
>Sheik
>Falcon
>Pikachu
>ICs
Huh, you're right. That's pretty impressive for what some people consider a "solved" game.

This crew battle is very turnt right now.

>the city of VA

I want to see Leffen vs. Salem so bad but based on the current bracket that's not gonna happen this tournament.

Nice

Attached: 1542592529970.png (1561x883, 1.12M)

>virginia is FULL OF BITCHES

Attached: .jpg (399x345, 77K)

BIG BITCH BABY VIRGINIA LUL

CONEY SO BASED

Probably, but I like tricasts

holy shit these two guys on the Smash ult screen are going off. They're fucking crazy. Someone get the sedative.

When did smash commentary get so based

>using the same move over and over
I got pissed when they did that but if it keeps hitting you then you need to adapt. People did that against me to teach me and out of convenience.

>VIRGINia
Not even once

He's having back pain from crashing on couches, doesn't want to DQ.

Just give them some alcohol.

coney is an expert shitposter

does someone have the clip of evo 2017 i think where he said the messy guessie" shit

Thanks user, what kind of bird is that?

No it was to set up the "I lost but I'm not going back to my main because I wasn't really trying" technique

Virginia absolutely irrevocably undeniably and forever blown the fuck out

Coney actually posts on Yea Forums.

Finally
twitter.com/tsm_leffen/status/1119754158435983360?s=21

Which one has the Wolf players? MD or VA?

Attached: wolf butt.jpg_orig.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

I mean he's right about the online. If I lived in a mediocre/isolated region and the shitty online was my only hope of getting better at it, I'd be mad too.

Leff is a johning bitch most of the time, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Who here watching House of Paign puff ditto grands now?

He whines way too much

Coney shitposting is epic

He's a huge Pikmin fan and Yea Forums is the only place that cares about Pikmin, so that's no surprise.

this thread is cool and all but did you know that you can save $10 on your first order of $15 or more on Grubhub™ if you use the code "POUND"?

No, but do you know EagleLand™ is coming out soon on Nintendo Switch™?

Jesus fucking christ, what the fuck happened that these two went off on the entire state?

>what leffen says about every game he starts losing in.png

I'm fucking crying at Coney's drunk antics

Attached: 1543687508062.jpg (500x333, 34K)

>grind game for 5 months straight and work your ass off to place well
>"i dont actually like it"
this dude has way too much time on his hands

Attached: meh.jpg (766x400, 21K)

virginia was upset that they were going to play on patch 3.0 and were complaining

They hate Yoshi

i get it you need to fill air, but...

Attached: ...3.jpg (381x378, 52K)

He's got a good point about the online being terrible. Coming from a small city with no scene, I have to rely on online and it's so terrible 30% of the time. Ethernet adapter doesn't help at all when I'm matched up against a man whose internet graph looks like the Alps.

I mean, he' right.
I personally have barely any prolems with online, but in Europe where there's a very small scene, it can be frustrating getting juan or kelumbe with literal third worlder internet because the game can find fuck all people close to you

Yes, the scene would effectively die if the only thing that drives people to few live events and draws in new blood to the scene stops. Fighting games require movement but you don't have to grind movement to be able to combo in a traditional fighter, retard. Can you fucking read?

>we werent discussing a wobbling ban we were discussing icies players leaving
Why the fuck do you think the Ice Climbers players would leave in the first place? Are you completely fucking braindead?

Then move to America. He has the same problem on every game. Only pro melee has is that Armada lives in the next corner

"WHAT A MORON!"
*phweeeeeeeeeee*

twitch chat is too autistic to understand fun commentary
LUL

What the fuck is going on

Attached: 71521359_p0.jpg (768x768, 118K)

crew battle

t-this is not e-sports!

No with this commentary

Minimum PGR Ultimate ranking to get Cinnpie-tier gf? Vikkikitty? Kiwi?...Supergirlkels?

combo vids dont inspire people to play, they get hundreds of thousands if not millions of views and the scene barely gets a few thousand actual competitors in tourney.
there are plenty of fighting games that requirent polished movement, tekken soulcalibur and guilty gear to name just a couple, again dont talk about what you dont know.
i replied to a post that said nobody would miss icies players if they left, wobbling ban was never part of the discussion. if you cant follow a simple conversational premise then youre retarded and you shouldnt reply

Again, crew battles. Commentary is always fucking clowny with crew battles.

>OH NO NO NO NO NO NO
Is Coney, dare I say it, based?

I love crew battles, crowd is always hype

Attached: 1541083482381.jpg (704x470, 61K)

OH NO NO NO NO

drinking + having a commentator from each of the respective crews means commentary is more unhinged than main events

Lads

Did Ridley really get nerfed in 3.0 or is Coney clowning??

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF MARYLAND

he got a slight nerf to his neutral b (does less shield damage now), but it's mostly just an irl shitpost from coney

his fire balls do less shield damage but whatever

>coney right now

Attached: 1549177016326.jpg (1023x682, 64K)

>Nigger lets down the whole crew
Whites only crew battles from now on. First Samsora and now this

>Ridley clowning on everyone
>But in a crew battle
Damn

>Coney's boy ESAM gets bodied in the money match last night
>Coney's crew MD getting bodied in the crew battle tonight
Will he ever get his shot, bros?

>combo vids dont inspire people to play
Then what does, fuckface? Do you think some random on Twitch goes to the Melee section and decides they'll pick it up?

>there are plenty of fighting games that requirent polished movement
And none of them require you to grind movement and tech skill in general to the degree of Melee.

>wobbling ban was never part of the discussion.
It's literally in the very first post you responded to in this conversation, you fucking idiot. It's been a part of the discussion.

You're just absolutely retarded.

IT

JUST

KEEPS

HAPPENING

wtf M2K is actually the GOAT of e-sports. Also based SFAT in his traditional 11th ranked place here too.

Attached: theking.png (1040x501, 66K)

What a Dingus

Attached: Naamloos-2.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>Post yfw you're not from Maryland

Attached: 1553465588949.gif (590x333, 124K)

Attached: clown.png (1493x869, 2.08M)

Jesus Christ, MD

Attached: 1521137560324.jpg (600x574, 209K)

>yfw you're from Maryland

Attached: 1548552443583.jpg (500x508, 22K)

They finally took out Ridley.

Attached: 1355115195606.jpg (501x445, 175K)

Name a more iconic matchup than Hbox vs Fox. Protip: you can't.

Attached: Screenshot_20190414-152840_YouTube.jpg (810x2027, 949K)

yes, people play a game, like it, then decide they want to compete. combo vids are thin icing on a big cake that needs to be baked beforehand.
tekkens wavedash and backdash alone take more practice than anything melee has, one more time ill say it, dont talk about what you dont know.
the quote speaking to icies was "nobody will miss your absence in the scene" and i disputed than, wobbling ban was never mentioned. you are just a retarded little niglet

CONEY BTFO

Attached: D4pVAIFW0AAS_Mz.png (493x305, 248K)

>He doesn't know that M2k is ripped
youtu.be/n2Z_kdbSQJI

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-231855_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 495K)

CHADZ

YOU WERE SAYING, BITCH?

Attached: 1400890630195.jpg (342x342, 56K)

HOLD THAT THOUGHT.

>Post yfw you're not from Virginia

Attached: 1536134409512.jpg (2560x1440, 1.47M)

Coney is so fucking based

Attached: 1497762780726.jpg (1680x1050, 87K)

Saves Maryland

Attached: Fox.png (848x1200, 663K)

holy fuck these are so good

AHAHA THEY THINK NESS WILL SAVE THEM

Attached: 1522366201887.png (100x100, 2K)

What the FUCK why is Coney so mean.

Attached: sad kitten.gif (500x375, 22K)

Actual photo of ZD carrying our state on his back.

Attached: DrXvI2FUUAERf0R.jpg (1152x2048, 558K)

>play game
>like it
>find out the competitive scene plays the game completely differently then anything you could have come up with yourself

Lmao it's all YouTube highlights nigga.

shut up, nigger

STOP

Attached: 1494234733898.jpg (480x480, 64K)

>OHHHHHHHH SNAP
holy fuck i'm crying

>recite the declaration of independence
>okay. FOUR SCOURE...

Attached: cruisecruise.jpg (419x480, 53K)

>virginia hick

>recite the declaration of independence
>name 3 elements on the periodic table

This fucking commentary

>Potassium is not an...okay im receiving a message from my producer confirming potassium is an element

I love Coney.

Attached: 1555016031060.jpg (241x209, 9K)

>Saves Maryland
Say something nice about him

Attached: FoxA2.jpg (1400x1600, 671K)

who would odysseus main in smash?

Attached: 1379561649581.png (640x645, 272K)

>I come from Virginia a state of smartical people

He seems like a Link kind of guy. Odysseus was a master archer and had a ton of tricks and tools.

>Black
>Brings down the whole crew
Name a truer combo

lmao coney is a Yea Forums shitposter irl
it's annoying as fuck

Assault Fox is the best Fox

Seething

Who is going to win this, Yea Forums?

>Final game will prove leffen right or wrong

Spotted the Virgin iafag

>You're sending in Logic?

>Logic is MD's anchor
>Not seagull joe
Congratulations, Virginia.

Blacks suck at crew battles. So Coney btfo

>Oh my god he went Alph. Nevermind

Holy shit that was the funniest thing I've ever fucking heard. Holy shit I'm dying.

>THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF VIRGINIA

As you were saying?

I'm crying

>Post yfw you're not from Virginia

Attached: 1477437982750.jpg (500x453, 55K)

Lmao

This crew battle has been fucking hilarious

Attached: 1555112943991.jpg (540x960, 29K)

B A S E D

Attached: 1542439402954.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Attached: 1305844_p0.png (500x500, 21K)

H-he was lightskin

Who has that final close up of coney? Someone does.

What? What? Did Logic bring in the Mewtwo?

>YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY HAIR

Attached: 1531879787339.jpg (292x257, 30K)

The despot's heel is on thy shore,
Maryland!
His torch is at thy temple door,
Maryland!
Avenge the patriotic gore
That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
And be the battle queen of yore,
Maryland! My Maryland!

>EE

Attached: 1313134650234.png (420x421, 179K)

EE WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: 1291618776885.jpg (120x115, 8K)

this is the best I can do on such short notice

Attached: CC.png (1157x849, 1.12M)

Holy shit that segway.

fuck did i miss the crew battle?

STRONG DEEDS
GENTLE WORDS

Attached: 1531204220633.jpg (960x697, 247K)

>FUCK VIRGINIA
Based as hell

you missed out

Yes you did and it was glorious.

wadi and cinnpie probably saw that

JUST

Attached: virginia-state-map.jpg (660x500, 54K)

Better than my nonexistent screen cap. Thanks.

You fucking missed out

Imagine actually living in Virginia RIGHT THIS MOMENT

IT'S OVER

catch the VODs it was gold

>can't play smash
>home of the king of autists
Virginia just keeps finding ways to prove how worthless it is.

I went to Maryland to visit some relatives when I was younger. Beautiful place. My grand uncle took me out on his lobster boat to gather up lobsters for the morning. I busted my ass for the first two hours and then puked my guts out the last two.
Good times.

>tfwiktf

Attached: 1549166554136.jpg (642x591, 97K)

PUT ON A DRESS

Should've gone Wolf.

What in the actual fuck

How can you live with yourself right now?

clips.twitch.tv/DepressedColdSpaghettiSoonerLater
what did he even mean by this LOL

???

"The argument that VA wasn't at full power is irrelevant because even if ??? was here, he's been nerfed due to having a girlfriend"

WaDi. And he has a wife, not a girlfriend.

>GIMR literally shutting it down
reminder that even Mang0 understands the power of virgin motivation

Attached: 1549166750796.jpg (2048x1280, 982K)

Thanks

jenga streams are always hype as fuck

Attached: 1500430650416.png (802x2209, 2.12M)

>imagine missing out on the crew battle for Smelee

EE is cringeworthy

It was so good Coney is probably getting banned by Twitch

Attached: yeehaw.jpg (731x918, 138K)

He went out a champion, shit talking Virginia harder then anyone else.

>Esam has to fight ANOTHER Peach player if he beats Ned
yikes

Attached: esam.png (418x125, 8K)

twitter.com/johnny_S2J/status/1119814012433248262
I can totally believe S2J is a filthy frogposter.

Based

Attached: D0JzHgjUUAAN9j9.jpg (1536x2048, 242K)

i really hope johnny can finally win a major, the falcon drought is just too much these days