What was the point of Locke?

What was the point of Locke?

Attached: H5G_Render_Locke-Close5.png (1463x1080, 2.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MNrpa0ZIr1E?t=77
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also why does MS love hulking, bald black dudes in leading roles?

Attached: terry-crews-1151131-1280x0.jpg (1280x721, 95K)

3v4i want to kill the Chief off because he's Bungie's character and not theirs. Hopefully the amount of backlash generated by making us play 3/4ths of the game as that cuck is enough to get them to rethink that plan.

They overestimated the Halo fanbase's intellect, assuming they were pleb enough to enjoy a mediocre TV drama-tier "there's a new lawman in town here to question the main character's methods" storyline
it's some sons of anarchy/breaking bad tropey shit and sometimes being dumb can allow you to transcend the garbage that the masses will accept without question

To replace MC with a black man.

I am convinced but can't prove this guys wife gets him every role he's ever gotten.

He was a continuation of what 343 was trying to do with Halo 4, replace Master Chief with their shitty Spartan IVs, the replacement was Palmer at first but after the backlash she received they changed it to Locke. After Locke got shitted on, they realized that people just want to play Master Chief and left it at that finally.

Big black dudes are pretty cool, IF they don't fuck your white woman.

It was, Master Chief is now the main character of mainline Halo games going forward and different characters will be playable in spin-off games.

And this is why you won't be in Halo Infinite, Locke, shut the hell up.

I dunno, they wanted a main character with a face but they didn't want to ruin the mystery of Master Chief. So they went worst of both worlds - make a character nobody cares about, in a game where nobody wants to play as anyone else but MC, and make sure you can't play as MC half the time.

It's also just a worse version of what bungie did with Arbiter in 2

They needed to emulate the place Halo 2 had in the original trilogy, right down to not playing Chief and cliffhanger ending

Thank god for that.

Promote Luke Cage season 2?

retard

It didn't work.

343 wanted their own original character as iconic as MC since MC was made by bungie but it failed

Just like Halo 5 in general.

In a video game almost entirely about the worship of white culture longevity something had to be done about the tremendous population of fans who were black and or urban minorities. No way around it. Viking symbolism in Destiny and all that Marathon Durandal naming.
Wasn't until Trials of Osiris that anyone even remembered Africa had mytho-poetic archetypes.

Attached: qa3ddhjg-1477951818.jpg (728x697, 97K)

>Post gets deleted
>posts it again anyway but with some facebook tier image
You people need help

Attached: 1476814219240.jpg (480x640, 89K)

Don't worry, their popularity should be dead by next year. America is tired of them.

They tried to introduce a character as cool as master chief. They failed.

Attached: qoc2qv4hwb8efnbmpte0.jpg (800x584, 71K)

I was being understanding of your misunderstanding by blaming it on my own auto-correct typo. I didn't say Halo games were "almost entirely about white culture longevity so I figured your language parsing software didn't understand.

There's asking what was the purpose of Locke and I have the best guess. What's the problem Supercomputer? Is it 5+5? Is that the problem?

I have mass appeal?

Attached: GettyImages-159626661-56ce05a13df78cfb37a37c81 (1)_kindlephoto-5611884.jpg (768x512, 69K)

And yet they never questioned that people liked the Rookie and Noble 6 just fine. Or hell, even the other ODSTs.

Also, when the FUCK will we get a firefight mode that lets us launch waves of allied AI to fight the Covenant waves? I want fodder to watch in Theater Mode goddamnit, let me craft my dream firefights.

Attached: 1555691689964.jpg (1636x2048, 317K)

>Egypt = Africa

That's gonna be a LOL from me

Affirmative action quota.

Actually both ODST and Reach got more backlash than Halo 2 for it.

All I got is that you deleted your post to fix a type and it wasn't a mod who did it. I think.

OC donut steal that can totally 1v1 chief

Over 80% of the US here is tired of what sjws like to call “political correctness”.

Couldn't they have just revealed that John 117 was a black guy? I know they fucked up showing his face in 4, but if they thought ahead.

Honest answer? They hearken back to the Good Old Days of 90s action movies where the men were men, the women were women and the Soviets weren't people. They're big, they're black, they're bombastic and they add that espresso shot of testosterone that the (typically dashing white male) lead simply can't provide. Oddly, they also tend to be pretty "safe" as far as black archetypes go, since Big Black Baldies are so full of themselves they don't ping as competition to the average white dork watching/playing the movie/game. They're forces of nature.

Not nearly to the extent of 343i did however, and with the caveat that in both of those cases the retards were drowned out by sane people, whereas in 343's case the sane option WAS rejecting the new characters.

It kinda helps that big bombastic black guys are typically portrayed as being sweethearts besides their tremendous volume. They're action heroes but also big teddy bears that will accidentally get really engrossed in the plot of the bedtime story they're reading a little girl.

that fucking pathetic tv shit

Im not sure about the politics behind it but i know there was a massive push at 343i to diversify the cast. 4 was meant to be a "farewell" to characters and start of the spartan 4s. Palmer was intended to replace the chief.

Somewhere in the middle of designing 5 for the 10th time they decided to tell a story without the chief but knew people would be pissed without him there so he became a background character and they hid it with "oh we need to explore the chiefs soul and we can only do that from outside of himself"

Then they released Nightfall which was supposed to be this huge event but it was mocked by all halo fans and seen as a joke. this put 343i in a bad situation so they started just throwing shit at the game from the extended universe and tried to write a bunch of books, comics and megablock toy descriptions to fill in the gaps.

They ended up ruining all the characters they tried to fix and spoiled 2 huge Chief reunion moments with Blue Team and Arbiter and traded them off for the minoriteam and Buck (they made Nathan Fillion boring).

Locke was set up to be the viewpoint from inside ONI and what fucked up shit they were working on but 343i realized they dont have a competent story writer and ended up with a mess of half baked ideas that ANY studio wouldve realized was dumb, except Bonnie Ross who has a protective shield over all of her dumb decisions

Attached: IMG_20180919_144542.jpg (500x500, 49K)

>3v4i
>/hg/ meme
user...

Or they are trying to reach an audience of people of the same ethnicity. There is a reason why most black characters always follow the same cookie cutter personality types and looks, corporations hate change cause change is taking risks. Taking no risks causing stagnation.

So when MCC comes out on PC who is going to bother buying 4?

they are doing internal testing now and hoping to start beta flights soon.

4 has stupidly low numbers and pretty much everyone on console has removed it from their selection criteria

He’s been canonically white since Halo 3, they would gotten backlash and a mass exodus of fans.

Sweet Christmas

They were never drowned out, ODST and Reach were hated for a long time.

All actors get all their gigs via nepotism user. It's an open secret.

I like Chief as much as the next guy, but he's not very interesting. Neither were Noble team, or the ODST's.
It's usually the side characters getting fleashed out. Cortana, Arbiter, Halsey, Atriox even Jul 'Mdama (rip).

Attached: 1552172710953.jpg (478x325, 88K)

youtu.be/MNrpa0ZIr1E?t=77
>remember how Spartan IIs were 7 feet tall and had inhuman reflexes and movements?
>lol no
>me neither lol

Self insert for their shitty fanfic plot.

That's the point

Attached: 1552623347439.png (440x495, 300K)

I agree that Locke as a character was pointless and overall made Halo 5 bad but with that said I kinda liked the way his suit and helmet looked

Attached: file.png (497x688, 378K)

Marketing and demographics are a different beast entirely and these replied (you)s are getting confused. The reason for Locke has to do with the open secret of Halo and Bungie's and mythos in general's super obsession with their own culture. HALO ANGELS ANGLOS EXACLIBER SWORDS (not spears) Hall's all about white cultural LONGEVITY. BUT so many of the player base was urban and theirfor BROWN. This dichotomy had to be addressed so that Bungie could go forward glorifying whatever it is they were glorifying. Has nothing to do with your SIS targeting fetish. Take your hand out of your pants when you're posting at me with your (confused) (you)s.

BLACKED.

maybe when it goes on sale for the campaign. if they were smart they would release the campaign standalone for cheap and drop the MP completely.

Shit the fuck up and go back to resetera or reddit, tranny, you’ve been shitting up the entire thread.

as someone who works with a big black bald dude they can be cool as shit. He's teaching me all about how to get a girlfriend since and how to lift. Shame he's into some crazy shit.

>It's about white culture
>In Halo the whole world is globalized with every creed of humanity fighting together against ayyy lmaos

To put chief down