Is this a masterpiece? because so far it gives me no incentive to explore at all

Is this a masterpiece? because so far it gives me no incentive to explore at all.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jhdxYVdlT4o&t=298s
youtube.com/watch?v=Tk__xTU5YRc
youtube.com/watch?v=y0UzUnlgmhc
youtu.be/ZaxmVs6OAuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is this a masterpiece?
no.

Attached: item_XL_33603344_131648180.jpg (600x599, 23K)

What do you mean, exactly? There's some decent spells and items hidden around.

No, DK1 was

Dark Souls 3 has a ton of items, armors, and spells to find you absolute retard. Even whole hidden areas. There's a TON of incentive to explore.
But still, I don't really like the game that much. Almost all areas are slogs, and the only outstanding things it has going for it are the overall presentation, and the boss fights. I can't bother to even start a third playthrough.
DaS1 = BB > Sekiro > Demon's Souls > DaS3 > DaS2

>spells
>DaS 3

>the quality of a souls game is determined by how much they have you running around with no clue where you're supposed to go

I wish there was a fun build to play as.

>Dark Souls 3 has a ton of items, armors, and spells to find you absolute retard.
And they're all useless

>adventure in adventure games is bad game design

youtube.com/watch?v=jhdxYVdlT4o&t=298s

I actually have a little more health and use an oak shield too.

With this build enjoy almost never losing.

>no incentive to explore at all.
That's Sekiro though. Souls has actual items and gear that are useful.

>pvp

DKC2>DKC1

>is this a masterpiece
not even close
>gives me no reason to explore
don't worry, the entire game is a straight line so there's nothing to explore anyway

>auto regen vs PvE
enjoy reaching every bonfire with still 12 estus to drink

It's the worst game in the franchise
Rushed, and somehow even more unfinished than the first one
The nice coat of paint is its only positive

The game is linear as shit and has about two hidden areas you twat

>people shit on DS2
>those same people praise DS3 despite having many of the same flaws as 2
>it's actually worse than 2

b-but muh matthewmatosis
fuck off cunts

2 is shit. Cope.

That's just not true.
Define "useless". A big part of Souls is finding your preferred playstyle and weapons to go with it.
All weapons can accomplish the same goal; killing your enemy. But, that's not the point.
For example, I cosplay as Smough whenever I decide to go PvPing, hammer and all. It's not very optimal, but it's fun, and it absolutely works.
In fact, no builds are optimal, and everything is relative. Everyone just picks a weapon that looks good and feels good.
There's no such thing as useless in this scenario.

Every Souls game is shit in its own way, but people still love them despite that
But for some reason it's illegal to like 3

Attached: every Dark Souls II thread.png (633x758, 271K)

why do you retards lump BB and Sekiro in with those games?

Yeah, but we're talking about whether it's worth to explore, not if there's much to explore.

>Is this a masterpiece?
no, that goes to either bloodborne or das1
>so far it gives me no incentive to explore at all.
patently false, there's weapons in the world and npcs to find
that's enough incentive for any souls game

Nope. It's a downgrade on DaS and DaS2 in every possible way.

Just like all the other Souls games.
>But for some reason it's illegal to like 3
It's just that Yea Forums shifted in full hipster mode since DS3 has been so well received, and of course, DS2 faggots just have to be as loud and obnoxious as possible, coupled with DS1 fags pretending their broken, unfinished piece of shit is worth anything in 2019.
The souls fanbase in general is just pathetic.

15 estus is plenty.
Bonfires are so plentiful why wouldnt you use them?

People on this board aren't unanimously praising 3 though. They're both subpar, with Dark Souls 2 being the worse one of the two.

Bloodborne is incredibly similar to the Souls games. I only put Sekiro in there because that's what people are doing.

based

Dark Souls 2 was less linear, so it was more fun to explore
Level design also made absolutely no sense, so it gave you a sense of wonder and surprise

people here tend to shit on it because of lame graphics and shitty hitboxes, but it's actually the most SOUL Souls game

based

Is exploring a prerequisite to being a masterpiece?

DARK SOULS 1 AND 2 SUCK FUCKING HUGE CHODE
DARK SOULS 3 WAS THE BEST DARK SOULS GAME.
FUCK NIGGERS

Attached: 1537336830321.png (624x406, 389K)

if you don't explore what's the point in having all those copy pasted graves and candles everywhere?

Theres no fun weapons in 3 tho.
Das1 and 2 has casting builds that weren't gimped
They had unqiue weapons that were fun like chaos gargoyle halberd in ds1 or powerstancing and santiers spear in ds2

Ds3 doesnt have anything interesting outside millwood greatbow+2 hypermode sl12 invasions

DaS1>>DaS2>>>>>>DaS3

Attached: 1555419710233.png (700x706, 832K)

At least you're honest with the game being slapped together and just a poorly designed mess. I'd very much prefer it if people in these threads could be arsed to differentiate between "favorite" and "best"
There's just way too much shit in 2 that you'd need to disregard to be able to call it the best FROM game.

if everyone started to stuck dick would you do it too???

Honestly how
It has nothing that made Dark Souls good in the first place

Nothing wrong with sucking cock, its the only way I can get off.

Don't knock it till you try it

Hmmm

so you must still be standing in the first room, right?

why the fuck are you slamming on dicksucking theres nothing wrong with it you fucking fag

HERES NO FUN WEAPONS IN 1 OR 2 THO?!?!
everthing has like 2 moves and thats it, power stancing is fun for a bit but it gets old fast.
reguardless dark souls 1 is clunky outdated garbage with like 2 good bosses and its filled with bugs and exploits
2 is a shitty chinease clone of demons souls with world design made by a guy on acid.
>MUH ATMOSPHERE
>MUH SOUL
bad graphics and shitty bloom effects dont make a good game, and neither does poor storytelling. make a good game instead.

In fact, I'm not saying it's their best but it's easily my favourite

seeing how bleak and empty the world was, how King Vendrick became after marrying Nashandra and dooming the whole kingdome, Aldia's desperate experiments to break the circle

also, those DLCs were pretty fun

youtube.com/watch?v=Tk__xTU5YRc

3 is shit all around, the only improvement of it over 2 are the animations and graphics, weapon art is fun mechanic too but everything else makes you overleved as fuck in this game given how so many stuff is spread arround in levels (try making a quality pyromancer)
2 is shit but has a nice map and exploration
1 is awesome until you complete anor londo

How come when asked about what's good about DaS3 people just say "because its not DaS2". Surely there's a reason you can name that isn't deflecting to another game.

Even DaS2 fags have criticism with their game. 3fags seem to never be able to talk about their game without bringing up 2

I just listed fun weapons in 1 and 2 though. Can you list me one for 3? I'm trying to play with my bf but i can't seem to will myself to play. Id like a suggestion.

>people criticize 2 whilst praising 3
>fans of 2 point out that many of the flaws they attribute to 2 apply to 3
>REE NO FUCKING ELEVATORS REEEE DAS2 IS SHIT REE DAS3 IS AMAZING REEE

In my experience, it's the other way around.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

I really liked the lore, but I thought it was a shame how the game was so tedious to play through as a whole.

Where? I know on Yea Forums its always the case. Even this thread is just deflecting to ds2

i replayed this game probably 10 times just making different builds bro, if you cant come up with something or some theme then idk man... usually pick the fashion first then work from there try not to use "complete sets" or u just get cookie cutter shit

>Theres no fun weapons in 3 tho.
3 has more fun and actually unique weapons than both 1 and 2 put together though, and not of the "here's an additional projectile effect for your R1" kind or " hey, your R2 looks a bit different now, have fun".
Granted that all that supposed "uniqueness" is mostly different animations just like any other Souls game, but at least the WA system DOES give weapons some sort of identity now instead of being basic bitch beatsticks only defined by their stats and swing speed.
>Das1 and 2 has casting builds that weren't gimped
Nobody liked getting one shot by Homing Soul Mass, Great Soul Spear or spicy meatballs, don't pretend magic builds in DS1 or 2 were good, they were cheap, shallow, boring and massively unbalanced.
And don't pretend DS1 of all entries has good magic either, especially compared to DS3 or even 2, DS1 has by far the worst magic in the series together with DeS, which is only kind of excused by virtue of being the first game and being old.

Every day you people manage to show just how petty, self important and clinically, TERMINALLY obsessed you are with this franchise, it's beyond appalling, I've seen no fanbase being as incredibly faux elitist on their supposed beloved series as the Souls "fanbase", not even the notoriously bad FF fanbase shitpost this much, not even genwunners are this fucking bad, I really can't fathom how this garbage community ever came to be.

Attached: 1380086165585.gif (320x240, 954K)

>Quite literally DARK SOULS 3 IS THE BEST BECAUSE IT HAS PRETTY LIGHTS
I don't think it's a coincidence that you like the easiest game in the franchise

Ive done a ton of builds too. I'm just trying to find something unique and interesting so I can enjoy a playthrough with my bf whos playing the game for the first time.
Ill take any suggestion.

A fun weapon is all i need to kickstart a run.

Aaaactually, magic builds in DS2 have been nerfed to be even worse than in DS3.

I feel like it's the opposite.
Every time people shit on 2, fans of it come and compare it to 3, as if it's flaws are suddenly fine because the sequel to it shares some of it's issues.
Truth is, I don't give a shit about 3. Dark Souls 2 is a shit game when compared to Dark Souls 1. DaS2 barely fixed any of the predecessor's faults, but instead managed to add tons of issues by itself.

Okay, now this is epic.

Attached: IMG_2025.png (1136x640, 1.01M)

>easiest
think again sweetie

Attached: DSP.png (1153x3787, 3.88M)

>Dark Souls 3 enemies having aggro
wow dude that would be too hard for the babies, better put an invisible door at the boos door

whats the ''official'' armor of DaS 3? every armor looks like old ass metal armor with some rags on top

Masterpiece? I don't know about that ,but its better than poise souls 1 and trash souls 2

okay
Lothrics sword
morian blade
valorhart
gotthards
ringed knight sword
claymore
bastard sword
hallowslayer
black knight sword
wolf knights
GS of judgement
firelink greatsword
twin princes greatsword
onyx blade
gaels greatsword
farron UG
FUME
Lorians GS
PUGS
Profained GS
pontiff knight sword
sellsword Twinblades
Warden Twinblades
Crescent moon sword
Follower sabre
demons scar
darkdrift
washing pole
onikiri and nigger nigger nigger
freyed blade
old wolf curved sword
harald curved GS
cathus curves GS
Crow quills
ricards rapier
Dragonslayers axe
twin axes
millwood axe
black knight greataxe
earthseeker
gargoyle flame hammer
mornes hammer
quakestone hammer
ledos fuck boulder hammer
millwood greatbow
darkmoon longbow
whitches locks
friedes scythe
pontiff scythe
lucerne
black knight glave
gundyrs halberd
immolation tinder
crescent axe
splitleaf gs
crucifix of the mad
tailbone spear
drang spears
four pronged plow
partizan
yorshkas spear
gargoyle spear
dragonslayer spear
golden ritual spear
greatlance
follower javlin
ringed knight spear
demons fist

Attached: 1545246587124.png (546x704, 433K)

>didn't complete TOH dlc
>didn't count his deaths from ludwig
>stopped at ludwig
lmfao

Attached: 1521055434380.png (1920x1080, 952K)

The WA system is useless and only applicable in PvP, a side mode added as an afterthought to peolongue the games longevity. Which 30% of the playerbase actively participate in.
Your R2 complaint is applicable to DS3. And I completely disagree with your dissertation that 1 and 2 didn't have fun weapons. DaS 2 powerstancing and twinblade weapon classes were extremely fun and the former offered for a larger variety for repeated playthroughs.
You seem to only be speaking about PvP in regard to your magic opinions, a mode which I don't care for. My opinions are strictly PvE based.

being nostalgic for bad games dosent make you cool
learn too look forward
tell me 5 (five) things ds1 or 2 did better then 3

>lists every weapon in the game
Is this a shitpost?

2 is best

no its noti only listed the fun ones

DS1 Sorcery and Pyromancy
DS1 Interconnected World
DS2 Open World
DS2 Powerstancing

i count 4
better luck next time :^)

You listed straight swords user. How can I trust you.

because strait swords are good even if they're bullshit

It's not a masterpiece, it's just a pretty good game.

> no incentive to explore at all.
The incentive is playing and beating the game you stupid fucking normalfag.

DSIII triggers magicfags who can’t beat the other games without relying on the cheapest shit ever, they gimped magic to not completely obliterate everything in the game with 0 effort and that pissed every little bitch who needed it just to get past the Taurus Demon.

How does one post on Yea Forums and is unable to count?

also notice i didnt list the dark sword or lothric strait sword, only the fun strait swords like the morian blade or the lothric laser sword

im wondering the same thing i thought it was 4 but you actually listed 3 disguised as 4
>spells
>world design
>powerstancing

>Dark Souls 1
Atmosphere
World design
Level design
Lore
Weapon and armor aestethics

>DS1 Sorcery and Pyromancy
No, and especially not Pyromancy.

>DS1 Interconnected World
Yes.

>DS2 Open World
Yes.

>DS2 Powerstancing
No. Dual weapons bigger and better movesets.

They gimped magic to the point where its pointless. 40fth/40int pyro does 1.3k cbv per cast and a sl1 with dsa hits 700 per r1, but the sl1 has time for 2-3 strikes whereas the caster had time for 1 even with max casting speed.

DS3 is the only game where melee is easier than magic in the soulsborne franchise

DS1 isn't as open as DS2. In 2 you choose 9 bosses to be your first boss. No other game comes close to that
Sorcery and Pyromancy are fundamentally different.
In DS1 pyro wasn't stat based.
In DS1 sorcery wasnt gimped

Interconnected World and Open are completely different.

but.... swinging your sword has always done more damage. even as a caster, buffing your weapon and sticking it in a boss is better for you.

I don't give a single shit about PVP.
>The WA system is useless
The WA system is what singlehandedly decides which weapons are good ESPECIALLY in PVE you fucking retard, why do you think the Thrall's Hatchet is so good compared to other axes in the game? Entirely because of the WA.
The entire shtick of weapons like the Aquamarine Dagger or Friede's Scythe is their WA.
>DaS 2 powerstancing and twinblade weapon classes were extremely fun
Powerstancing in DS2 was a meme and one of the reasons that game is so bad, twinblades were so horrible in both gameplay and animations they were outright forgotten.
Dual Weapons in 3 are a better execution than the idea behind powerstancing in every single way.
>DS3 is the only game where melee is easier than magic in the soulsborne franchise
Magic completely obliterates anything in DS3, especially Pyromancy, which is the defacto babby mode, let alone gamebreaking shit like Dhorys Gnawing being the dedicated boss killer button of DS3.

cope
also
>level design
>lore
thats a bloodborne baby

Magic is completely ridiculous in 1, it totally trivializes every fight in the game, even the DLC is steamrolled by sorcery.

There are too many charges for each sorcery and no penalty for using them. They cast extremely quickly except the last handful of OP ones that can oneshot a lot of the bosses.

3 just proved how much some people needed to play the games on EZ mode on Yea Forums.

This. DaS games are supposed to be unfinished.

Here son choose your first boss. Turd pile 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 or 9.

Reminder that he gave up on Aged Smelter Demon and Ancient Dragon, and couldn't kill Looking Glass Knight without help

No sorcery in DS1 is OP as fuck. How is that better?

Easy mode in ds3 is straight swords.
>Bleed
>good after the nerf
Lmao when is the last time you played ds3? Frostbite is the pve slayer now

Ironically unironically kys yourselves

He couldn't kill Nameless King without help either :^)

>ds3 is perfect cause i said so
You guys are so awful at voicing your opinions with valid backing points. Jesus H Christ.
Also pyro is god awful, why should I bother playing a gimped no health caster when I could just rock Sellswords and faceroll the game?

Because you can kill things way faster with black flame and pyromancer's parting flame

No one uses WA in PvE except daggers to get passed swamps.

Idk undead settlement definitely scratched that exploration itch for me, with all the different paths and connecting shortcuts. Dissapointingly there wasnt much after that section, but I still thoroughly enjoyed undead settlement for that reason.

Straight swords are OP in all souls games.

So my benefit is killing trash mobs from range? You realize for bosses they always stick to your ass right? You have to dodge just the same as melee except you punish with less damage and don't have the luxury of getting away with making mistakes.

Also Pyromancy range is laughable

I never said 3 was well balanced but 1 is a fucking joke and you know it.

Sorcery beats everything else for how easy it is to just dominate every encounter, a lot of bosses can’t even keep up. You just shuffle around and blast it and you don’t even spend all your charges to completely take them out half the time.

3 at least made an effort to balance it. Sure they probably did a piss poor job but 1 was no better.

Ds1 is the masterpiece and ds2 is the best one simply because of replayability and pvp, 3 is shit on every way except for bosses and npc storylines(if you care about that)
Ds3 level design in a nutshell: Castle wall, frozen castle, flying castle, nostalgia castle, castle backyard, prison castle, castle castle, swamp, more swamp, underground fiery swamp, the level design variety is so shitty it hurts

level design and lore are better in BB then DS1/2 tho dont forget

I agree that Bloodborne takes the cake on level design but their respective lore are on the same level.

>Define "useless". A big part of Souls is finding your preferred playstyle and weapons to go with it.
DaS3 does not use the "Souls" formula for weapons and armor. There are a ton of sets that are just worthless, well over 70%, and almost every weapon is just a shit version of a single weapon in its class. On top of that, stats hardly impact gameplay at all outside of which spells you don't care about.

Attached: das3tiers.jpg (6320x2000, 1.03M)

No, 3 is the worst in the series.

i think stockholm syndrome is what makes people like certain souls games over others, especially in the cases of DeS Ds1 and Ds2

world design
power stancing
pvp
gameplay
difficulty
lore
DLC
more interesting NPCs

>>good after the nerf
You absolute retard, Dhorys has a massive, fixed bleed proc that makes it a shitwrecker, you need THREE casts to proc builds on bosses, some bosses like Ariandel needs ONE cast to proc bleed and bleed deal PERCENTAGE based damage.
You don't know a single thing about the game, Dhorys is THE spell that singlehandedly makes SL1 runs a joke because 99% of the enemies in the game absolutely powerless.
>>ds3 is perfect cause i said so
Nobody said anything like that.
>Also pyro is god awful
Pyro is completely fucking busted because it lets you do massive damage AT RANGE, you fucking retard, why would I even bother getting in the enemy's attack range, rolling through things with the shillswords when I can just kite and spam Chaos Fireballs or Vestiges all day?

This board is such a fucking joke.

Easy mode
DS1
1.BKH
2.Moveset Swap
3. Sorc

DS2
1. Prenerf Faith
2. Rapier
3. Red Iron Twinblade

DS3
1. Prenerf Bleed
2. Vordt's Hammer
3. 40 dex/60 fth Sellswords

DeS
1. Sorc
2. Anything with broken tob cursed wrapon
3. Bbs + light weapon

BB
1. Saw cleaver
2. saw cleaver
3. 99 arc executioner spam

I played through the whole series last year, in order of release. Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne definitely stood out to me as their best ones.

>suggests dhorys for sl1
>not bleed bandit
Tell me how i know you didn't sl1

>>those same people praise DS3 despite having many of the same flaws as 2
???

DS2
>shit combat
>looks like shit
>shit bosses

DS3
>great combat
>looks great
>great bosses

??

>pyro is good because of trash mobs
Lmao i guess rtsr/morion bow is #1 best build then i guess.

You realize that when people discuss pve, the only thing that matters is bosses.

It's the worst soulsebornekiro game

It's the Skyrim of Souls. Mechanics that made the series great, like stat builds, stamina management, bonfire placement, level design, open non-linear progression, build diversity, and online interactions are all much worse than previous games. All of them. It's literally a cheapened soulless version of what came before it and does everything the previous games did in a terrible way, because it wants to be some shit-tier action game instead of an RPG-Adventure.

But it's full of explosions and anime flipping so room temperature IQ casuals eat that shit up

>DS3
>Great combat
>You just mash R1 to win because enemies have no poise and no health
???
>DS3
>Great bosses
>You don't have to bother with fight mechanics because bosses don't have health and player has instant Estus chug
??????

DS3
>great combat
>looks great

Attached: pep.jpg (399x322, 20K)

Just because you don't know how to use something doens't make it useless, you're just retarded, it's ok.

DS1 : Morrowind
DS2 : Oblivion
DS3 : Skyrim

Dark Souls 3 sucks because it limits you to 30 great arrows.

>massive damage
>does less damage than melee
You should probably play the game first bud.

I never mentioned mobs.
The only bosses in the game that Pyro doesn't immediately destroy are Old Demon King due to being the only boss with fire resistance and Midir due to the massive HP pool where other spells are better for the job, everything else is solved with fireball/vestige spam, it takes zero effort, you can kite anything from Gundyr to Gael and not get hit once.

this, DS2fags are the ones driving the DS3 hate even though it's objectively a good game

You're completely right but I feel the same way about Dark Souls 2 as well.
Though, the mechanics never mattered to me as much. It was the world design, graphics, aestethics, level design, atmosphere, and overall feel of the game which DaS2 dropped the ball on.
I felt so gutted when moving on to Dark Souls 2 after finishing the first one. What a disappointment.

DS3 is the approachable entry in the series that lets you go back and play DS1 and do well

ringed knights are kino

ds3 had the best music

I wish there was a fun build in DS3
Dex is boring
STR is alright
Casting is gimped, so I'm limited to melee.
What's a fun weapon to use?
My last run was hypermode sharp lugs R2 only.

Maybe you're the one who should play the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=y0UzUnlgmhc

>casters
>have to invest 60 - 80 points in their main stat to do above average damage
>have to invest in vgr/end/att/15 dex
>have to use 2 cast type specific rings
>have to choose between bellvine or sage ring, if use bellvine you cant use morion or scholar candle stick
>to do respectable damage you need to use hyper mode (morion+rtsr) on top of flinch rings
>hypermode is viable because as a caster you would be one shot regardless
>do above average damage, can only cast once between openings on bosses
>have to choose beterrn mana or health via estus

Melee
>only need to invest 40-66 in main stat
>since stats arent spread as thin as caster can safely get some vgr and end
>rofap+3 for free in dlc to make up for some lack of health
>lloyd shield ring to take extra hits
>lloyd sword gives good damage
>can get a +10 weapon in 2-3 bosses
>all melee rings acquired early
>heavy/sharp acquired early
>can deal more damage than caster without being as squishy

Why go caster again?

Bullshit, DSP is just a fucking gout and arthritis ridden retard that can't play video games to save his life this metric is invalid and shit.

youtu.be/ZaxmVs6OAuU
*laughs in dragon *

RP as a slutty witch.

We’ve actually found people now openly trying to claim their broken ass rpg is unfairly balanced against casters

This board is the saddest thing I’ve ever seen

I just dont see a reason to be a caster when melee outshines it in every regard except farming/grinding basic mobs due to range
There shouldn't be such a massive gap of damage as there currently is. The trade off got casting was more damage at the cost of being fragile. Now you do less damage while being less fragile

The problem is that 3 has no build variety dipshit
How can you argue 3 is better than 2 when the latter has Bonfire Ascetic

More fragile*

GIVE A FUN BUILD YOU FUCKS

RTSR/Morion/Hawk/Leo/Flynn Arbalest

66 str heavy greatlance

no way fag

The caster roles in souls games exists to give shitters a way through the game (stand back and spam casts, usually with summons) and to give tools that supplement pure melee (buffs, soulmass, heals, etc)
Notice how the games that shitters complain about most have the least magic.