Final fantasy is an RPG

Final fantasy is an RPG

youtube.com/watch?v=HkOA_HAVoqU

Attached: 1527391810624.png (930x685, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/142892
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Can't RP because the plots are linear with horrible Nipponese writing and no character arcs
>Progression is exclusive to influencing the combat, which is the only gameplay element, which itself is horribly designed and braindead with not even a slight hint of stratagem in three decades
Final Fantasy is a movie.
fuck off

Cool but can it explain why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

does this mean all non-RPGs are movies?

>i only buy games magazines told me to buy
this aged badly

Print ain't dead... yet!

There were actual robots in the first game. Fantasy can mean more than just European swords and sorcery.
(you)

Non-RPGs have gameplay that the game itself isn't so constantly ashamed of that they throw CGI cutscenes every five minutes to distract from it.

Super MarioOOOH R P G

>zoomers dont remember this

so FF5 and prior arent rpgs?

>Tifffa

Attached: BB6C247F-B99B-4E6A-9E46-AE56AC831761.jpg (981x750, 81K)

cope

to date this parody is all I know about Geno and Mallow

Once upon a tiiiiime
On the internet there was a guuuuuy

i still love this, i remember when i saw it years and years ago i had never played an ff. eventually i did and i love them and years later i remembered this song and got a huge kick out of it.

I met Legendary Frog about twelve years ago.
It was the first time in my life that I was exposed to aspergers.

nice choice cloud THEY'RE HOT!

Sure, but only as much as Dragon Quest is.
Reminder that "JRPGs" began as a extremely, mechanically-diluted copy of early Western virtual D&D campaigns, and have done nothing but work backwards and add aesthetics.
I love a lot of Japanese ARPGs and games subgenred as RPG, I.E. they have "RPG elements" but aren't at their core designed like an RPG.
I genuinely don't think Japan has ever made an RPG. I don't think they know how, or care to know how. I don't really mind either, to each his own, I just hate Square for the cancer they've been to the industry for two decades.
Final Fantasy is not an RPG. It's barely a video game. The last time they even tried to make a video game, RPG or otherwise, was FFIV, and that game ironically introduced them to the wonders of introducing waves of nonsensical dialogue.

Reminder that the creator of the song in the OP is Joe from game sack

>can't RP
you can't do that in any game. at best, they create an illusion of RP that you can easily see through if you're over the age of 13.

>Hello, I'm a fucking retard who played a bunch of casual trash and think my opinion on an entire industry matters
LMAOing at your life, kid.

Attached: 7c977434e0386329f77118073e66034b.jpg (439x606, 48K)

tell me more. I loved his flash animations. how aspie was he, how did it show?

Nobody is saying vidya RPing is 1:1 what P&P is, but having something is better than nothing at all.
Discounting what video games have done and attempted throughout the years because it's not a perfection is ignorant, especially as an excuse for a "game" series that doesn't try anything at all.

Thank God I have an opinion, rather than being a vessel for mindless shitposting.

Holy shit how did I manage to jerk off to that tifa jumping animation multiple times 14 years ago?

You do not have an opinion, you're just parroting the usual nonsense western neckbeards parrot since decades, all the while thinking you're somewhat original and/or intelligent for reducing a massive industry's output to the lowest common denominator.
>rather than being a vessel for mindless shitposting.
Except that's exactly what you are, again, LMAOing at your life pretending your laughable excuse of an opinion matters.

Attached: 1519831645606.jpg (181x182, 10K)

Is it sad me and my friends can recite these to each other from memory?

legendary frog is joe from gamesack??

Attached: 1546535251526.jpg (817x990, 103K)

He just did the song

based

Like 95%+ of J"RPG"s fucking blow dick. It's the fast food of video game genres. Easy to consume and doesn't offer you anything.

there were multiple hentai games on the site and you fapped to that???

LMAO

newgrounds.com/portal/view/142892

absolute kino

My opinion is that Japs have never made an RPG.
Your counterpoint being nonexistent.
Your implication that I prefer Western games is unfounded, I don't give a flying fuck and play games made by anyone. I take insult when a game gets labeled something, despite not resembling it or even a video game at all, hence why I emphasized Square's film production crew above all else.
I pity the people, if anybody, you associate with. Maybe someday they'll tell your annoying ass to fuck off back to your gutter beneath the bridge.
Maybe the Bongs are on to something, requiring licenses for everything. Your parents should've needed a license to birth you, and you need one for browsing the internet.

Legendary frog always seemed like such a fag

>My opinion is that Japs have never made an RPG.
And your opinion is patently wrong, especially since you do not support it with anything, the west didn't do any actual RPG either, unless you consider something like DF and that's still more of a sim game than an actual RPG, the only thing that comes close to the actual tabletop concept of RPG are MUDs, and unfortunately they're barely even games to begin with.
>Your counterpoint being nonexistent.
I cannot provide a counterpoint to a nonexistent point to begin with, you must first prove something before I can provide an argument against it.
>hence why I emphasized Square's film production crew above all else
Because Square has ever only made FF games, right? LMAOing at your life again, kid, you don't even have a shred of self awareness to realize just how much you're outing yourself as a clueless imbecile.

Attached: 1522535296933.jpg (323x241, 8K)

I'm sorry but Roleplaying is autistic trash. I've never understood why people want to self insert their own retarded OC in videogames.

Not being able to roleplay is not a valid complaint for any game because, you know, GAMES are carried by their GAMEPLAY, not your autistic self insert garbage. If your not having fun play some other GAME.

Play Dungeons and Dragons if want derivative fantasy trash where "your choices matter" and you can "OC your own character"

Roleplaying is entirely a Western 80s loser nerd mental disability that has held back actual entertaining, competent writing and good, pleasing, difficulty curves in gameplay for more than 40 years. I can't wait until you fucking boomers die out.

This. Just because an rpg protagonist isn't a blank self-insert doesn't mean it's a bad rpg.