Okami was released 13 years ago

>Okami was released 13 years ago
>Issun teases a sequel at the end of the game
>Okamiden was released, it's trash
>Okami 2 almost happened until Platinum CEO shat the bed
>game only lives through ports and remasters

Attached: okami-hd-gets-nintendo-switch-release-date_417s.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

It sucked ass and the best thing we got out of it was seeing Internet Krillin get salty like he always does.

What are you expecting, the people who worked on the original are long gone.

Good. Not every game needs a sequel.

Okamiden wasn't trash, it was fine for a handheld spinoff. A solid 7/10.

>Okami 2 almost happened until Platinum CEO shat the bed

wat ?

I like the artbook more than actually playing the game. Something about the way the game was designed needed work to have less fluff and be streamlined better.

capcom was in close talks with platinum to have okami 2 to be oficialy made
then the CEO left the company and the new capcom didnt liked that

i feel like Kamiya will eventually feel the itch to make a sequel

kamiya never made a sequel to a game he worked on

Okami was a beautiful game with great music but the gameplay was awful so there isn't a need for a sequel. Something like god hand is much more deserving.

Okami is an amazing game from start to finish. It's telling how much even Nintendo's Twilight Princess desperately tried to copy it (and Shadow of the Colossus). Even the art design and its general reception feels like it aced the balance and general reception that Wind Waker was trying to have. Though the combat was a bit on the easy side, it felt extremely fun to play as Amaterasu. It was a blast to kick so much ass with all the tools available to you.

I don't really know what a sequel would be about. The Celestial Plain seemed to be doing very well in the shot of it at the end of the game, and Issun wouldn't know what was happening up there anyway. A sequel would need to basically involve different characters and be several generations later.

Attached: Amaterasu Painting.jpg (1555x1341, 1.25M)

>The gameplay was awful
So use a sequel as a chance to make an Okami game with better gameplay.

Okami was never a good game, if it wasn't for the artstyle nobody would ever have given a flying fuck about it.

Idiots will refute this however.

Attached: Chaddaddy.png (480x385, 107K)

I will refute it despite not being an idiot.

>fine
>for a handheld spinoff
okay
>7/10
Are you fucking retarded? In what universe does a "fine" spin-off deserve a 7/10?

This is a fie from known internet hoaxer Liam Robertson.

Attached: Star Fox Racing confirmed real.jpg (750x1334, 184K)

>Chad hating a PS2 game all about reclaiming your turf from bitch-ass niggas

Attached: Mario Doubt.jpg (960x607, 94K)

People's idea of what a good or bad score is have been skewed by reviewers using 7/10 as the score for okay games rather than 5/10.

I needa paint some niggas

How did they port this game to every system except the one with a tablet controller?

>It sucked ass
You must be such an unintelligent person to believe Okami is a bad video game, Jeez.

It was trash if you played Okami, 99% of it is rehashed, it's even slower, the combat is simpler and it's just bad.

Okami didn't need a sequel.