*allows you to still play all new games at max graphics despite being 8 years old*

*allows you to still play all new games at max graphics despite being 8 years old*

Attached: i5 2500k.jpg (640x480, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grc.com/inspectre.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>max graphics
that's what the GPU does kid

I changed from this to a ryzen 1600 and I have no idea why.
The 2500K is the best CPU ever made, I could have gone 5 more years.

Doesn't Sekiro have problems with older cpu's

Using an i5 2500k and a 660ti in the year 2019 and the game runs just fine.

sure buddy
this graph is also outdated so the situation is much worse now, especially considering it's a fucking quadcore in 2019

Attached: watch-dogs-cpu-benchmark_2500k.png (806x583, 42K)

Physics haven't really advanced in most games in the last 10 years so nothing today that taxes what should be an ancient i5. And some aspects game physics has been offloaded to GPU.

at what framerate?

Based retard.

>posts an unoptimized ubishit game

my 2500k can run The Witcher 3 at maxed out graphics at 80-100 fps

4690K here, certain CPU heavy games causes my framerates to tank so I'd say its time is soon is up and I need to upgrade. Currently waiting on AMD's 7nm chips, not in a hurry to upgrade so I can wait.

Kek

Try play hitman 2 at 1440p with that cpu, I dare you

what exactly makes this chip special

good luck playing ass creed odyssey on max graphics with it.

>at 1440p
Are you under the impression that resolution has anything to do with what cpu you're using?

Look KID, I have an i5-3570K at 4.2 and it's struggling lately with newest games so shut up please

Witcher isn't CPU intensive. Most games want 6+ cores nowadays. A 2n gen i5 without hyperthreading is shit, no matter the OC.

>n-noooo, I don't like this graph!!!
Sure, here's a different one. It doesn't even have any i7 so the competition should be super fair
>The Witcher 3
A game from 4 fucking years ago.

Attached: total-warhammer-cpu-benchmark_2500k.png (806x580, 31K)

>92 average FPS is bad
thanks for proving OP point?

I upgraded from that last year to a 7700K. Much better frames now.

I didn't even notice that's just the stock version
The OC version has 114 average FPS

Thanks for proving OP even more.

Attached: 1555234714126.jpg (478x523, 105K)

>implying you can play at 4k with a shit cpu just because you have a god tier gpu

>posts a reddit meme character
who could have guessed

Is i9 meme?

Got an overclocking Mobo and good cooler? Cranking it to 4.2 or 4.4 could prob buy you a year or two

>wojak
>reddit
just get out of here newfag

>tfw still using one of these paired with a 970 and 8gb ram.
Shit is just fine for 1080 gaming

Yep, in fact the higher you go the less strain there will be on your cpu.

Thanks user, I'll remember to upgrade for the next time I play Watch Dogs 2

>could play games 60 fps 8 years ago
>can play current games 60 fps
wow. obsolete shit.

>good luck playing ass creed odyssey on max graphics with it.

>actually wanting to play creed games at all

I noticed my cpu gets maxed to much, as well as needing more ram.

odyssey is good
get over it already

Already at 4.2ghz @1.2V, with Hyper 212x. Playing things like Hitman & Vermintide 2 just shreds my framerates when in crowded places or fighting a horde. It's a 5 years old build at this point and doing fine all things considered but a new build is imminent.

Attached: 1545324042452.png (474x500, 284K)

Consoles are still the target for AAA video games, and consoles are still using 2013 laptop cpus.
Just think. The ps5 and xbtwo will be using fucking Ryzen cores and that'll be a dramatic improvement.

Bullshit. My OCd 3570k is bottlenecking like crazy.

Games like battlefield 1 are completely unplayable.

my fx-6300 is starting to show it's age.... anyone got any good recommendations?

Got something causing background strain? I got a 4670k @ 4.2 and gtx1080 @ 1440p and never run into any noticable slowdown.

frostbite engine is just fucking garbage man

>NOOO MY 2500K IS LITERALLY IMMORTAL
>I can run a game from 2015 in 1080p @ many many fps
>quadcores are still fine
>I've not actually played any modern games but I'm sure it's going to be fine, r-right? 35 fps and stuttering is alright with me!
I get what you're saying, alright. Not all modern games are worth trying out, there are plenty of good older ones and upgrading costs a lot, sure.
You are however lying to yourself if you're genuinely interested in gaming and think you can dodge buying new hardware for much longer

Attached: 550.png (207x243, 7K)

mines not even OCed and its fine for 1080p

whats your graphics card

don't fucking go amd that's for sure, ryzen was a absolute shit show
-t fell for the ryzen 1800 meme

>Vermintide 2 just shreds my framerates when in crowded places or fighting a horde.
nani the fuck? i have a 4670k stock(3.8ghz) and my shit never dips below 60fps when i play that game

Eh, I have a 1060 so that might the reason as well. It's not like in Hitman it drops to 30s but dips below 60 are noticeable tend to gets jittery.
Ryzen 2600x is a pretty damn good CPU, pair it with some good 3200mhz DDR4 ram and you're golden. Alternatively you can wait till summer for AMD's new 7nm line-up.
What are your settings? I have it at extreme with some resource heavy settings tuned down to high. It's probably my GPU

Attached: 1541982186018.jpg (342x245, 14K)

>Eh, I have a 1060 so that might the reason as well.
Nigga the 1060 is still a good gpu for 1080p/60 fps gaming assuming you have the 6gb version

First generation of Ryzen was average but Zen+ is a sweet spot perf/money wise, Zen 2 will probably be better, it's not gonna destroy Intel but it'll be better
Of course you can buy intel for 10% gains and pay 50% more, it's not about not having the money it's about knowing HOW to spend your money and not getting ripped off like it was a nigerian scam
intel prices nowadays are crazy, denying that is brainlet tier

Yeah it's the 6gb version. Was planning a 1070 initially but found a cheap used 1060 and decided to go for it. I just hope AMD doesn't screw up their 7nm lineup because Intel & Nvidia are so up their ass in terms of pricing, it's not funny. An xx60 GPU for $350

Attached: 1541593400731.jpg (400x400, 106K)

May 27th. Computex opening keynote by AMD CEO.
Expect 5Ghz Zen 2.

Like the other guy said, 92 fps stock and 114.3 fps OC on a game at 1080p / high settings is a pretty damn respectable showing for an 8 year old processors.

i expect another few years out of my 4670k.

Vega 56. It's ok for simple singleplayer games but it sucks at anything that requires cpu work. Games I play like csgo, planetside 2, battlefield, total war, VR etc. are all cpu bottlenecking.

Pity these new consoles are coming out which will push the more cores meme.

>pity that technology is advancing and more powerful processors which can do more things at once are coming out

Attached: brainlet.jpg (640x723, 30K)

user if you can't play a 17 year old game you have bigger problems than your cpu

That's not the i7 2600K.

The i5 was good but it aged poorly because 4/4. Meanwhile the i7 is still going strong.

The REAL fucking KING NIGGA of the CPU Overlords it my boy, your boy, everyones boy:

>i7 920

4 CORES. 8 THREADS. OVERCLOCK TO 4GHZ you say?

>MUH
>DICK

in literal CPU form, it was the first time since the late great Pentium 4 3.0ghz single core chip that intel topped themselves

Also fell for the Ryzen meme. I don't know why, I just thought /g/ and Yea Forums wouldn't be wrong about something JUST THIS FUCKING ONCE
>more future proof they said

If gigabyte don't put out bios for ryzen 2 on x370 I'm jumping ship back to intel.

Not a ryzen fag, but what’s wrong with it?

It's just weak. They go on about MUH CORES and MUH PRODUCTIVITY but what percentage of people really need 16 threads that 12 significantly faster threads won't do just as well? Not to mention all the issues with ram and linux etc. Then there's the long term support which is now up in the air because initially MSI said they won't support the new CPUs, now they said they will and everyone else doesn't know yet. I'm half hoping they won't, after /g/ memeing about Intel's socket changes it'd be fucking hilarious if they have to upgrade after 1 refresh exactly like intel.

Yeah I built a ryzen system for a mate last year and we have to return the set of ram we bought with it because the PC would randomly blue screen with XMP enabled. Although I’ve heard that it’s a lot better with memory compatibility with the 2nd gen version.

But that's not a 3930K.

i5 2500 bro reporting in, still going strong with a 1060 and SSD.

You're dumb. Ryzen isn't "weak" at all. Intel isn't "significantly" faster. Even the 9900K is at best 20% faster than a 2700X. What Linux issues are you talking about? There are none, unless you're really trying to dredge up the segfault issue that affected early batches of first-gen chips (which were replaced free of charge). And long-term support isn't up in the air, because MSI have already confirmed that they will be supporting Zen 2 on their X370 boards. Only the dumbest retards on the planet ever thought otherwise based on the word of some low-level support agent who doesn't know anything.

Stop falseflagging and spreading disinfo, Pajeet.

Attached: still a dog shit company though.png (1255x892, 1.03M)

still on a sandybridge i5 and I just play one game all the time kf2 and I just have a ssd because my hdd died but im only on a 660 ti

2500k reporting in, bought in Sep 2011. Still running most games at 1080p60, it's only cpu-heavy open world shit that's a problem. Will probably upgrade whenever Intel gets their shit together, hopefully the end of this year.

I think max graphics is exaggerating a bit by the OP, but I have one on a secondary pc with a 1050Ti and plays anything on high/med for sure with a bit of ultra thrown around here and there.

built a ryzen build for myself and i gave my wife my haswell pc, this week i took back my haswell pc and gave my wife the ryzen, the haswell gets better fps with the same gpu (gtx 1070) and its important with a 144hz screen, good job amd, good job matching a 5 year old cpu in gaming performance

>b-but muh productivity
i play games on my pc you fucking faggots

Attached: Sekiro-CPU-768x565.png (768x565, 110K)

Ive never seen such a retarded post. It's obvious to me that you don't understand which CPUs to buy and which not depending on what you want them to do.
There is literally everything, if you want a mix between productivity and gaming go for a ryzen, pure gaming intel, until AMD releases Ryzen 3000 in 2 months, and threadripper if you need to create videos, multibox or need to calculate a lot of data for research.
Here, I spelled it out for you.

>not buying a 8700k when the price was the same as a ryzen 5

Turn times in WH2 Mortal Empires makes me want a new CPU bros I think I'm cracking

Attached: 1492668577724.jpg (400x400, 30K)

>tfw bought non k version

Attached: 1486069414767.jpg (638x636, 100K)

for 1080p, a 2700x will get either 60 or 144
it will get a 144 on 1440 p display too and much of the same for 4k 60
9900k is for tards who are autistic about numbers

When the fuck did that ever happened?

so never lmao it's at least 100 buck more and if you want a mobo that allows OC it's also more expensive

>he didnt pay the kiketel jew tax and got fucked

you deserve it for being anti-septic, remember the 6 gorillions.

I dunno dude, it seems far more powerful than 20%

Attached: untitled-25.png (711x665, 24K)

October 2017 - March 2018

still running an i5 3570k and a GeForce 670ftw+ can still play most games at or close to max settings.

Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

>62% increased price
>30% increased performance

swimming in value

games are held back by consoles, your PC needs to be just a little bit stronger than your console and your fine
the more demanding a game is the smaller it's potential playerbase becomes, if on top you also make it f2p then guaranteed you'll have people playing your game

Oh no.. not again!

Still rocking this in old my PC. Plays Sekiro great.

Attached: CP244AM_29833_800x800.jpg (800x800, 162K)

I bought a xeon, it's about 100 dollaroos cheaper but same as i7. The downside is it has no integrated graphics lol. Take the xeonpill lads.

>no mention which ryzen
>no mention which haswell
yeah, i'd call bullshit

i5 2500 R9 390 waiting for new AMD cpus

similar position, i7 930 r9 390 (got memed on by 8gb VRAM)

mine commit sudoku at 125°

Never bought a new cpu at launch before, are they as much of a clusterfuck as gpus are? I’d consider holding off for the new cpus if i could easily get it in 2 months or whenever.

>I can run everything on ultra on this 5 year old build that was barely mid-range back then

It's always sad seeing all these poorfags coping in hardware threads

I think what he means is that consoles are just getting exponentially farther behind, which is true because they are limited to little to no improvement over a 6-8 year cycle, while PC improves each year.

sorry2hear

>the 2500k still holds up to this day
based, I wish I still had mine.

generally people upgrade CPUs less often so they tend to be less sold out

>tfw use a 7600 (non k) on a Z motherboard
umad?

>>First generation of Ryzen was average
I thought that was also very good, have I been memed?

No what he's saying is that he doesn't want software to be optimised for more cores

>stock

>I only play walkin sims wow my 8 yeah old cpu still hols up
wew

Ryzen 5 series is one of the best CPU lines ever made. Stop being a faggot fanboy.

People had plenty of complaints with the 1x00 series of ryzen, the 2x00 series alleviated most of those problems though

it certainly wasn't awful but it was not the CPUs everyone had been hoping for

Or the same number of cores but better.
Game consoles aren't photoshop machines nor do they have to deal with game development that has minimum requirements for the previous system, so just a change of architecture is more than enough to be a change.

>2500K
It was shit on release, it's shit right now. 2600K is the one that works while your pile of garbage never did.

Don't go around calling people kid when you're the one who can't remember CPU bottlenecking in games

Attached: 3452.png (450x650, 75K)

I don't believe this shit one bit. I have a 6700k and I struggle to even reach 50 FPS in TW: Warhammer

>Or the same number of cores but better.

it's already confirmed that they're using the new AMD cpus, so they'll probably at minimum be 6 core 12 thread

I see.
Well shit. I hadn't the cash to go to 2600x instead of 1600x, hope it doesn't bite my ass.
Still a big jump for me, I had been sitting on a bulldozer 4100 until I started making an actual computer and bought this one.

Attached: 3c9c5f3653eb976d2f95b8f260ab6d4419a9cd01_full.jpg (184x184, 11K)

Is an i5 6600k still good?

My 2500k still kicking(with a 770-GTX-4GB and16GB RAM), but I want a new one desu. Actually waited for Half Life 3 to release, but well, that is not happening.

It'll be fine bud

That's because ports are so bad, even a 2080ti chugs at max graphics, so even a cheap cpu is enough.

Wait, 2600 costs about the same as 1600x? Why are you being retarded?

PS4 was already 8 cores but Jaguar based just with some cores disabled, so PS5 being 8 Ryzen cores with 16 threads would already be a significant improvement.

Not ruling out more than 8 cores mind you, I'm just saying there might not need to be a core increase given Ryzen's significantly a jump over Jaguar.

>2500k
*sips* now THAT was a CPU

Is there a tech event going on? that pushes out these kind of threads

>it's a fucking quadcore
What a tragedy. All good games run on 1 fucking core. Only AAA console trash movies use more.

My bad, it's actually the 1600.

Attached: 1550269473209.gif (626x353, 2.1M)

I'm actually trading in my 2500k after 8 years of service for a 2700k just because games are finally using more than 4 threads and also because they purposely sabotaged Ivy Bridge thermal performance because people were getting way too much performance out of the soldered IHS on sandy bridge.

It has a soldered IHS which was not reintroduced until the 9 series of chips.

absolute beast

>2004
>800x600

Attached: 1518632272665.png (225x225, 90K)

>tfw bought a 9700k instead of a 8700k at the beginning of the year

they were both same price. bench marks shows them at about the same performance. the 9700k has better thermal design and 8 physical cores but i still feel like i goofed

>soldered IHS
stoping that was the real dickmove on Intels side, too bad there wasnt enough uproar back then, because the issue went too deep for common plebs

Getting cucked by SSE4.1.

Whoa an average 58fps, looks like it still works just great.

The bogus part is that they tried to initially act like they were listening to consumers by bringing it back when the reality was that 9 series would not work without it because of the huge thermal loads.

>tfw my p4 2.4ghz lasted nearly a whole decade
>same with my 3570k

actually the game is directly driven from the CPU
the gpu only renders polygons and other graphical features

Why high quality when there is ultra?

the GPU waits for instructions from the CPU if the CPU is to slow the GPU cant run at 100% (bottle neck)

I'm using this. Was expecting it to be the first thing I replaced, but two years after building my computer it's still performing just fine. Pairs great with my 1060 at 1080p, especially since I only really play indie games and older stuff like Empire Earth.

Attached: ie6100.jpg (640x480, 28K)

>Runs Batman Arkham Knight, Just Cause 3, Ghost Recon Wildlands, AC Origins/Odissey, Final Fantasy V with 40 fps drops in your path.

OH NONONONONO

200$ ps4 akabudget tier apu + 580 can do 4k

Meant Final Fantasy XV and I also forgot Far Cry 5 and New Dawn.

Nobody cares about your old stuff gramps

*Blocks your path*

Attached: FX8350.jpg (554x554, 32K)

Hows this look?

Attached: ss+(2019-04-20+at+07.57.07).png (1146x600, 62K)

It's not really about being a poor fag user. I still keep up with the friends I first started system building with. We can all afford to throw 3k+ at new systems but were all either on 2500k, 2600k,2700k, 3770k or related AMD platforms from the time period. Even the bro of mine that loved being on the cutting edge just can't be assed with anything over 1080p. He would rather use a projector the turn a wall into a 1080p screen than bother with 1440. That's the only reason I am going to in the next few years and it will probably be a repeat of sitting on my system for nearly a decade because there's no real need.

Not mere PS4, but Pro.
>apu + 580
APU means there is already GPU inside. What's the point of buying APU then?

looking at the thumbnail I thought this was a box of pads for some reason and was like "what did user mean by this"
I really am going blind

Attached: shopping.jpg (435x368, 46K)

yeah hi
games are actually more related to the CPU than the GPU

That average 40 fps in the chart doesn't seem right. The only time I drop from 60 is when jumping from the top of Ashina Castle, and I've seen other people complain about fps there. Rest of the game is smooth 60 fps. A stronger cpu would be nice so I could watch streams on my second monitor without causing some fps loss though.

Attached: 2019-04-20 10-46-370-2.webm (640x360, 3M)

>OC'd 4790k is starting to get really shitty for just internet browsing in general

Attached: 1149723353323.jpg (480x2186, 147K)

motherboard is too expensive other than that its gud
>no NVME M.2 SSD

>i7-2600k

I think it applies to us too. We got an outstanding processor for the money, Sandy Bridge lads.

I'm a NEET so it's budgeted, motherboard is one of the things I can't budge on though.

Nah m8, you're definitely going to get bottlenecked by an FX these days, most games should be fine but others won't, i seen a significant improvement in Escape From Tarkov moving to Ryzen with the same GPU.

No it isn't. It works fine for me on most applications, it's just my GTX 970 that's gimping my games performance. Perhaps you got stuff running in the background?

>at max graphics
yeah... i highly doubt you can play any modern game on ultra in 4k @ 120+fps with that cpu.

>been wanting to replace 3770k for months and move up to a new system
>intel did a half arsed model refresh, not the real new CPUs
>Zen 2 still nowhere to be seen

Attached: breakdownbreakdown.jpg (625x755, 69K)

thats on you

I've got the 1600x too, no complains, great thing.

I got a i5 [email protected] + GTX 1060 and Sekiro runs at solid 60FPS with max settings at 1080p

So instead of a game from "fucking 4 years ago" you post one from roughly 3, that also showcases the game running with that CPU at an average 92 fps without overclocking. Yeah good argument against it bud. I'm sure it's unplayable in the 99% of the time it's not dipping barely below 60 fps.

Well fuck that means I'll have to get a ryzen which means I'll have to get a new mobo which means new ram and some other shit as well and it all just stacks up

Is it worth going from an i5 2500k to a i7 2600k for only $60?

Attached: 1555516323361.jpg (1666x1033, 530K)

the 4790k is the one to be at
2500k is like chinese laptop shit

The hell does this post even mean? It needs both but if anything CPU upgrades are not nearly as important as GPU except to keep up with bottlenecking. As evidenced by a lot of people in this thread keeping up with modern games with ancient CPUs that were great at the time and are still good now, where a gpu from back then. You know what video cards were recent in 2010 (When the i5-2500k came out)? The Gtx 295 and an HD 5970. How well do you think those cards are faring now?

Good luck finding one for 60 dollars and yes it will keep you afloat for a few more years.

yes

Built this thing in 2014 and it still does the job (had to buy a 1060 last year, though)

I don't give a shit about console ports, VR, and 4k so this will probably last for a few more years

Attached: Capture.jpg (524x366, 25K)

>solid 60FPS with max settings at 1080p
what year is this, 2008?

Attached: console peasants pc master race.png (970x726, 815K)

I can get one for $60 right now from local PC repair store.

I would say do it. Chances are if it was at a PC store it was likely never clocked beyond it's standard spec.

Will the new AMD processors be safe from meltdown/spectre? Is Intel ever gonna release safe ones? I'm not in a hurry of updating and I was waiting for new gen processors that aren't exploitable like that but it may be dumb.

It's going to take awhile to surmount those problems and you pretty much have to accept that they are going to have back doors in them no matter what. To my knowledge the most powerful modern CPU without a backdoor is the Opteron series.

Ryzen isn't vulnerable to meltdown and the latest core models have hardware patches already for spectre/meltdown.

Anything more is meme shit

It's been overclocked to 4.4ghz before but it never went past 1.35v

Why isn't computer hardware improving as fast as it used to? All the new cards are fucking shit and overpriced.

diminishing returns and monopoly business practices

On one hand I genuinely believe there's not that many huge technical breakthroughs being made. On the other, even if they are getting there, there is no incentive to do it too quickly. Why would Nvidia give you cards that are capable of running any game flawlessly at max settings for the next 5 years for the same price as anything else right now when they can slowly trickle that in for the next 5 years in smaller incremental upgrades?

Until any company is pressured by someone else to make a real move, all they need to do is stay afloat and keep making as much money as possible.

was breddy gud back then.

>smug anime slut
Goodbye.

Attached: literal children.png (380x513, 20K)

>tfw want to upgrade to 1440p but IPS monitor at 1440p and 144hz costs a month's paycheck

I have this very same cpu and I'm going to upgrade when the new zen 2 generation drops

Attached: 1555582941750.jpg (1800x1800, 1.24M)

If you are sweating that much about the monitor itself (which would be a good long term investment) maybe it's not a good idea to move to 1440p@144hz anyways, user. I mean that in the nicest way, good luck keeping up with that standard in the following years especially with new consoles coming out. It's not just the monitor, the rest of your PC will have to keep up.

My desktop back at home is running this and a GTX 680. No problems running games whatsoever.

based
>58fps average with stock clocking
very nice for an unoptimized trash

Attached: file.png (531x462, 39K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: img_0733.png (700x466, 448K)

Try to run Battlefront 2 on it.

2500k, but 2600k is the way better purchase for only a few bucks more.

Are you really trying to prove to everyone on this thread that the i5-2500k sucks because it's "only doing about 60 fps", being a CPU from 2010? Remember watch dogs is a game form 2014 and that CPU isn't the most cutting edge one from back in the day either.

I'd rather play a game and not a lootbox sim

>helped friend build a high-end PC
>he plays on a 1080p60Hz monitor
This has happened to me twice, one of them has a 4k TV connected to it at least.

>I'd rather play a game
-It's a game, you don't need the lootboxes to win, just aim and shoot, they die.

also had a 2500k for nearly 8 years, but when I played REmake 2, the stuttering made it unplayable (stock btw)
upgraded to a ryzen 5 2600, which is a little weaker than I hoped, but still great for the price (and I can always upgrade to zen 2 later)

so yeah, rip my 2500k, you were a fucking great CPU, I'll never forget our time together

Attached: pou_7153.png (213x400, 171K)

I play Battlefront 2 at max settings on a 2500K at 4.3ghz, I dont see why he wouldnt be able to run it

Depends on how high end we are talking. A "modern system" with an i7-8700 and an RTX 2080 can have a hard time keeping up on even 1080p@144hz on some of the more recent games if you really turn things all the way. You'd think a system like that would start getting into "no compromises" territory at least for 1080p.

Even if you turn down the stupid bleeding edge stuff and try to step up to 4k, you may struggle a bit.

McAfee is owned by Intel?

Would upgrading from a slow Sandy Bridge i5 to a 3770k be a noticeable improvement in any games? I have a SFF case and don't want to upgrade the mobo.

Wasn't it mandatory to use a 6xxx line processor?

I'm really glad the 2500k is still so reliable, because my mobo doesn't support any modern CPU and modern mobos don't support my RAM. So I'd have to replace three things, not one, in addition to tearing apart my whole PC to put it all together. I dread the day I can't play a game I want.

Attached: 1473528214552.gif (600x302, 1000K)

>Tfw I'm waiting for 10nm with my 7700K

>yeah, this graph shows that the CPU runs the benchmark test at 59fps average with no overclocking
>but it's actually bad because the picture I posted is outdated
Wew.

Battlefront 2 is not too heavy on the CPU, what's mandatory is more than 8GB of ram or you'll be fucked by the memory leak after playing for one hour

>average framerate 0
What the fuck

Highest end possible at the time both times, one got talked down to an i7 from i9 when i told him it was overkill for gaming but other than that it was balls to the wall, one of them doesn't even play AAA trash so i don't know why he even bothered going high end.

Wouldn't launch probably.

I mean, why not inform him of better monitors that will help him squeeze out a better experience with the computer he already has?

Maybe he's going with the "futureproofing" idea but it doesn't quite work out since he overspends every time.

how comes the i7 2600k was able to overclock to 5ghz so easily while ryzen and i5 6600k has trouble reaching that?

show us the 4k benchmarks now

I have a 3770k and the only game that I can't play at a good framerate is BFV but the game is shit anyway so I don't feel too bad.

run a virus scanner

I can't afford a 4K display.

you clearly don't play new games or max graphics
my overclocked 2600k was bottenecking the shit out of me, upgrading to 8700k a year ago was a retarded huge upgrade not only for vidya but also for general productivity.

Those "requirements" are complete bullshit and consider that most people don't buy the top end chip of their generation, which the 4790k was

1080p is very good
t. 1360x768 user

>4/4 averages 40fps
fake and gay
pic related is on a 2500K in a part supposed to be heavy on the CPU, only 65% used

Attached: 1554468018620.jpg (1920x1080, 1.65M)

"Max graphics" generally lowers your CPU requirement by reducing the numbers of frames that your GPU needs to render, retard. Very few games have actual level geometry settings, and even fewer make a notable impact on CPU usage. And unless you're using a 1080 Ti or higher, there are very few games where an overclocked 2600K is going to hold your GPU back in any way.

it really is. 1080p is the perfect sweet spot between quality and performance, especially for monitors because of the distance you sit at them.

I always laugh at those warhammer benchmarks
run that shit at 1440 with four armies on screen, max unit size, and make it a horde armies like Skaven, my 8700k @5ghz with a 2080Ti still struggles to keep 120 frames with serious frame time dips.

all that you typed: wrong
that shit only applies to AAA shit ports.
and those very few games is all I play

>average fps
>shows SCREENSHOT
BAKA! BAKA!

I just bought a 9900k guys. In what ways can I dab on the inferior 2700k

what's a safe overclock and voltage for a i7 2600k?

you got scammed. Google amd ryzen 3000 vs i9 9900k cinebench :^)
shouldve waited 2 months

Wow look at that, all shit games.

now google non synthetic benchmarks
this kills the amdrone

run 50 multiboxed clients of your favorite mmo and dab on the single client babies
always ends up in forum crying to ban multibox

this is what peak performance looks like

Attached: 5.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

run prime95 for 30 days

>1080
this is the equivalent of only having one monitor back in the year 2004

>65% usage
yeah I have no doubt my framerate will drop to 40 as soon as I will move

Attached: 1554466879601.jpg (1920x1080, 2.15M)

I have a i5 6500 and R390x right now, I kind of want something new but I know I could ride out a couple of more years too

Attached: 4 (1).png (128x128, 20K)

I thought that was a box of pasta at first.

this is untrue
t. 2500k

man, my 2500k @ 4.5Ghz is still. chugging along, this damn cpu is impressive , just upgraded my ram to 1866Mhz and I realized ddr4 is actually slower because of the timing and cas latency most of the time.

upgraded my 6950HD 2GB to a 1060 7GB last summer, might go for a 2060 and give my 1060 to the GF.

I still have it and it still works but it certainly isn't still good. Barely hangs in there but that's a feat in itself.

xDD
Floating Boint Calculation doubled oh non no no 50 Watts less hahaha HALF THE PRICE SAME CORE AND THREAD COUNT LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD HAHAHAHA look at his lips! Seething intel shill btfo

Attached: 1526519234716.gif (300x283, 1.53M)

with a 2060 ut works perfectly fine a 1440p 60fps.

The cpu in testing was the i7 4930k and the testing was done by disabling cores and threads.

Attached: Sekiro-CPU-scaling.jpg (2560x1440, 323K)

The manlet 3570k, lol ivy bridge overclocked like shit compared to sandy bridge and were not even an upgrade next to Chad2500k

>Stands still with almost no ai movement going on, barely any ai on screen.
Haha! look at my marvelous machine! 60 fps average 100% of the time!11

damn nigga why these expensive

Attached: i7.jpg (1533x574, 141K)

>i5
>being a threadlet

Well yeah it does even in combat
Keep seething

even 1440p and 4k gaming, the higher you go, the better it gets because the bottleneck will shift from the cpu to the gpu.

brainlet do not understand this.

Soldered IHS. You will see it mentioned a few times in the thread. Sandy Bridge was so good at overclocking that Intel in all their shekel hoarding wisdom decided that people were getting too much performance out of their chips so they stopped using soldered IHS until the 9 series of chips when they were forced to go back to a soldered IHS because the 9 series are house fires.

Provide actual benchmark data and 0wn me if you are so confident in your machines performance.

csgo..... bottlenecked by the cpu... wtf, you have something wrong running in the background or something.

Not entirely true, you're still gonna get an increase in CPU usage in almost every game at higher resolutions.

>New games
Don't make me laugh

The final straw for my 3570k at 4.5ghz was Battlefield 1. I originally thought it was my GPU so I upgraded from my 670 to a 1080 and was still having frame issues. So I ran an ethernet cable directly through my house to ensure it wasn't my network. Ended up being my CPU maxed out all the time with as much as Discord and the game running. The CPU bottleneck is real on new games. Forza Horizon 3/4, Hitman 2, BeamNG, and AssCreed Odyssey all suffered but Battlefield was the worst.

Went to an 8700k last October and haven't looked back, everything is completely maxed out at 95+ fps and runs amazingly

There's no benchmark of Sekiro with the 2500K
And I won't take a video just to prove to a retard that you can play the less demanding AAA game of 2019 at 60fps on the 2500K

You're retarded.

I was thinking on upgrading my i5 4690(non k) and gtx960 2gb to a 9600k and rtx 2060. Is it worth it?

yes

I still have an i7 4790k

Is upgrading worth it?

Attached: 1555716910518.gif (320x240, 247K)

i5-2500k here.
Can attest. OC'd to 4.3 on a 30 buck aftermarket cooler, running dorfs, armas, tarkovs, stellarises all without frame drops caused by high cpu loads.
Playing VR just fine. Very little to no bottleneck. Upgrading from 970 to 1070ti gave the predicted double fps.

>mfw all the children fall for the "more cores = better durr" meme while my venerable cpu has outlasted 3 gpus and will propably get to 5 before I have to upgrade to 8700k

Attached: 1392132755405.jpg (400x801, 92K)

Ah I see, damn sandy bridge was during the time when jews weren't that greedy.

lucky for you user already made a video

Good choice. 4690k is pure kino as well.

Attached: intel-core-i5-4690k-3-5ghz-up-to-3-9ghz-cache-6mb-box-socket-lga-1150-intel-lga--6896-550x582.jpg (550x582, 94K)

what year did this come out, cant remember

This is not 40fps average
It has a drop in the most demanding place in the game
Also recording put strain on the CPU

>hard drives at 0%
I'm often pushing 100% at idle.
I thought it was a Windows issue, but maybe it's just me.

>when AMD actually had stronger CPUs than intel

What happened bros?

I'm interested to see how the PS5 compares to current top of the line CPUs. The current gen consoles had trash processors at release, but if the PS5 has a fairly fast Ryzen then things could be interesting. It might become really tough to run new games over 60fps again.

>4.6ghz OC from 3.7 base
You know that these OCs increase your power draw by quite a lot? You might use 3/4 more power than without that kind of OC. Depending on how long youve had that running, it mightve been worth it to upgrade at some point and sell the old cpu.

1.25v to 1.3v is not a big bump

2500k,4690k and 8600k owner.
Nothing changed since then aside from DDR4 support.

Attached: C2C2B72E-6BC4-4225-8D01-7CA689DB14D7.jpg (541x540, 55K)

I just realized. When a game is CPU intensive is that just codename for a shitty unoptimized game? While not CPU intensive means the game is very optimized?

If theres a healthy used market where you live, you could sell the plataform "combo" to fund youe new purchase.

you do understand cpu power draw is not constant but it depends on load?

You can oc a cpu to 10000 gorillion ghz but if browsing web and watching videos, which you do 99% of the time lets be honest we dont game here it won't draw any more power than a unclocked or underclocked cpu

>4ghz+ on air
>rivals 9900k at same clocks
>cheap
>extremely good at multi thread
Best gaming CPU in a decade I haven't been this hyped by a CPU since I got my first i7 920
Zen 2 is going to be great

Also he even said
>The only time I drop from 60 is when jumping from the top of Ashina Castle, and I've seen other people complain about fps there. Rest of the game is smooth 60 fps

Spend the little bit extra on the I7 you won't regret it later.

Power is pretty cheap, compared to new hardware.

the whole reason i put off upgrading is because i would have to rebuy motherboard and ram which sucks

Only if you struggle with certain games. 4 cores 8 threads is still alright though.

>what is speedstep
at idle your cpu will be at 1.6ghz most of the time

I was just trying to support user and point out that there was a webm showing 60 fps performance that's all.

I don't know anything about PCs but my friend is upgrading and giving me his i7 7700k and GTX1080 so I can get started on a PC of my own.

Are they shit or did I luck out?

Attached: 1523372677874.jpg (634x558, 69K)

still faster than ps4/xbox one cpu

Attached: 2500k.jpg (682x633, 82K)

How many people fell for the CPU upgrade without knowing it was your fuckin ram the real problem ?

make sure that you buy your friend a beer afterwards.

>tfw don't even need to upgrade my i5 2550k and GTX 670 because I don't play AAA trash
Feels good not to fall for jewish tricks like ray tracing, 1488p666hgz monitors etc

Attached: 023.png (680x680, 221K)

>Most games want 6+ cores nowadays.

Attached: 1386770516315.gif (245x230, 871K)

>tfw old processor finally died
>but old L1155 mobo still chugging along nicely
>don't want to replace the mobo
>no one sells 1155 socket CPUs anymore

Life is suffering ;_;

Cherish that friend.

That good, huh?

There's crap loads of 1155 CPU's on ebay

Test

Didn't work

don't worry the ban is still coming

I was genuinely a little shocked when I found i could actually play VR games with this CPU and not want to vomit. That little bastard served me well for almost a decade, I wont forget him.

Attached: 1535827138613.jpg (704x396, 25K)

Would have been impressive like four years ago, they're shit now.

Who else here is actually intending to mount their 2500K as a display piece when they finally retire it?

You’re not missing much.
Feels about the same.

It's probably going to be obsoleted from the next generation consoles, which we already know from the PS5 is going 8 cores 16 threads, and the majority of AAA games ports to PC will force that transition most likely. If all you play are indie games or whatnot, then it probably doesn't matter and it will still chug along until the instruction sets on it are obsolete.

That's an older processor, they skyrocket in price when newer ones start dropping. The 8700k has the same number of cores, is newer, has a faster speed, and is almost half the cost.

*allows you to do the same except modern and better*

Attached: 19-117-824-Z01.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Example of a different area.

Attached: 2019-04-20 13-06-44.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

You’re retarded

Try to play a 2018/19 game with 4c4t then. You're gonna get highass usage if not 100%.

I have one and it still powers through. Paired with a 2060 now; had a 760 till then. Get great frames at RE2 and Sekiro.

You buy them used, not new/refurbished you retard.

7700 without any overclocking does high accuracy emulation like a champ. You've got a good friend

>A pretty good CPU from 2017
>A video card from 2016 that was second to best of the line just 3 years ago
>For free

Yeah fuck that friend, how dare he be so inconsiderate and not even give him a card with REAL tensor cores.

>still running 2500k + 750ti
I know I should probably upgrade, but I feel the "2500k" of this generation has yet to reveal itself. My money is on it being Zen2

For a starting package? It's from older series but they are almost top of the line for their release dates. It should not struggle with anything modern.

Why do you have a K series CPU unlocked

That was a great CPU

it's garbage anyway. Gotta have a 280 / 360 AIO for the 9 series. That's ridiculous

How do I undervolt and OC my vega 56 pulse?

>not being part of the 4770k master race

Attached: vlcsnap-2017-10-03-22h11m22s351.png (604x531, 462K)

What CPU do you mean?

how long can I expect to keep my 7600k before I have to upgrade
I have to stick to intel for some work software
>4c4t
I know

almost same as you except i splurged on an i7 for emulator-purposes, still holds up astonishingly well.

Daily reminder the Pentium G4560 is more powerful than the cpu of base PS4/Xbone

Kek delusional
Even my 4690k gets some frame drops on MHW

MHW needs 8 threads to avoid frame drops. 4 threads causes 100% utilization spikes.

In single core performance, yes. Games nowadays use 4 cores or more though.

When are we going to get decent APUs? So many small form factor builds would be more viable if you didn't have to fit a graphics card into the case

i5 9600k or ryzen 7 2700?

And a Pentium 4 can be overclocked to keep up with a slightly overclocked i9-9900K relative to just clock speed, but that doesn't mean anything, what's your point?

Ryzen, retard

There's no need for desktop APUs.

I went from a i7 920 to a 4690 to a 1600x then 2700x
More physical cores are always better.
Quad core just can't cut it even at 5ghz

Attached: images-33.jpg (425x371, 20K)

NH-D-15 can do it with air and I would rather stick with that because of saturation and water in general being a pain but if you wan't to push any higher you need dual rads and going over 1.35 for diminishing returns.

ok, im never talking about pc's on Yea Forums ever again. wonderful

What about for a small HTPC/emulation box? Yes you can do more with a full rig, but there's increased space and (usually) power consumption

Either my 4690k is defective, my mobo or my ram sticks are bad, I get a whole lot more than some drops. What are your RAM speeds?

But the 2700X comes nowhere near the 9900K and is "only" 100$ cheaper?

Had a 1600x and 1080 for 2 years they where decent but low end the 1080 especially struggled to get 1080p 60fps minimum even at 2ghz because it's a 3 years old card now and gets stomped on by Vega 56 and 1660ti the new midrange
Went to a 2080ti the difference in speed is mind blowing 2k sub 60fps to 4k 100fps+ is worth it.
Oh and get a freesync monitor for the love of fuck 144hz+

air at stock speeds. but 5ghz/all cores you'll need a 280, maybe 360
>if your using the new 9 series and not oc'ing to 5ghz why the fuck would you buy one

wow look, an entire thread for poorfags to try and convince each other their processor isnt outdated

That a Pentium G4560 is still more powerful than the PS4/Xbone cpu.

I'll do so

It really can do it.

Attached: nh-d-15.png (2891x1541, 791K)

A Pentium G4560 is also a 2016 CPU while a PS4 is a 2014 console with a 2016 revision that already had it's CPU locked in place. So of course.

But it is and it's 1/2 the price for 3/4 of the performance and runs cool as fuck
This.
My 2700x bottlenecks the fuck out of my 2080ti even at 3k 100hz
Can't wait for Zen 2
Ill build a new pc for ddr5 Zen 3+ next year or two when post gcn comes out after navi
If it's all tick tick garbage 15-30% gains like those dumbdumbs who side graded from 1080 tis and 8700ks to 99k and 2080 I'll just hold onto my pc for a long time.
Ps5 is slower and will meme 8c/16t 3ghz Zen 2 + navi (aka Vega 7nm) for a decade

i7 2600k is the best cpu in history of mankind

Attached: core.jpg (500x308, 39K)

>cpu at 100% for less than 60 seconds
>max temps already at 88 degrees
get the fuck out bro, call me in twenty mins your average temps are 80+
that wayyyyyyyy too hot bro
how can you do that

I've been asking around shops lately and most told me that i5-9400F is comparable if not faster sometimes to Ryzen5 2600, and while barely any more expensive, much less prone to breaking. I'm used to intels and value not having problems with PC in general more, even if I had to sacrifice a bit of potential power. What would you say about that 9400F vs 2600 situation?
Going with gtx2060.

Attached: 1522182995918.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Speak it nugga

Nigger

A 2016 Atom isn't more powerful than the 2014 PS4 cpu.

Im still on this at 4.7GHz. How long do I have?

Attached: item_XL_6484551_3917956.jpg (600x576, 62K)

>RE2make needs 12gb VRAM on max settings

what the actual fuck. is 6gb VRAM a meme?

Wait until Computex this summer
Zen 2 gonna btfo everything

Where can I get friends like yours

As I said they aren't useful in desktops, I wouldn't put those tiny HTPC builds in the same category. Sure, it's fine for those I guess. Just keep in mind they'll always lag behind proper GPUs, downsizing isn't cheap nor easy.

The Japanese tv lady told me not to mindlessly consume things, and I can't justify dropping $200+ on a newer processor just to play video games at a slightly higher resolution

how hot are your temps?

Same. And honestly, I'm upgrading to a 3700x in the summer when Zen 2 finally drops. It keeps up with my games well enough, but newer titles struggle a little bit. But only a little.

Why does it even need that much VRAM allocated? The game does not look that amazing yet it seems pretty well optimized, so that surprised me. One of the games that I remember pushing it the furthest was Shadow of Mordor at 6 and some extreme settings for a few games, but never truly breaking 8 and that's if you push the limit. So what's the deal with RE2?

Quality Japanese code, compiled over a thousand times.

>own i7 2600
>upgrade to gtx 1080
>some games run worse than before
>bottleneck out the ass in every cpu intensive game
>upgrade to 8600k 2 years later
>from 40fps ancient forest in MHW to 120
>all the bottlenecks are completely gone and every game runs better

It was about time I upgraded. Nobody can tell me a 2500/2600 is enough unless they have a hard GPU bottleneck going.

Attached: 1476490605827.gif (180x236, 901K)

Not for anyone beyond kids, no. But it's more than enough for Fortnite or Minecraft or Roblox.

Im on a 3770k OC to 4.7GHz and a gtx 970 and I play warhammer vermintide 2 fine at medium. usually stay at around 130fps.

Attached: chunky kong 69.jpg (500x523, 122K)

Atom isn't Pentium

what voltage is ideal for a i7 2600k at 4.7ghz?

Only have to wait until summer

What do you guys do with old processors/mobos? Sell them off? Have them collect dust?

Thats a good friend right there.
He could have sold that for good money, user.

The ingame thing is wrong, it basically maxes out at 7.5-8GB.

The fact that they had to put "higher is better" is sad.

>mfw 980ti and dual e5-2670
>still shredding through everything at 120hz
sandy is NEVER OBSOLETE

i have an am3 motherboard and phenom ii x4 on standby, i could turn it into a nas or something but its just collecting dust.

So I have a 2060 and I thought the same thing. After research RE6 has the image quality setting which is actually Supersampling so at 200% you are doubling the internal rendering resolution. This is going to kill the VRAM

Also the textures don’t get better than high. Only increasing the distance that they load, and in this game you don’t even see them

But I am worried for next gen will this be a problem

>The game does not look that amazing
I can't understand how the fuck shit like this happens. The game isn't ugly but it's far from being impressive enough in order to hog so many resources in max settings

Move them to my parents'/sister's PC. They're running my hand-me-downs

Oh, I thought that was a box if condoms. Nevermind.

>watercooling my i9 9900k
>it leaks

Attached: water.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

If you sold all those parts individually you might have $1000
Your friend is great

Pass it down to someone else close to me. Then their stuff is so outdated it gets passed down to nobody, maybe to a side project later down the line that needs computer parts but performance does not matter as much.

Attached: watercooled i9-7980XE.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

literal autism holy fuck

Preloading for areas, that's why.

Keep them around until somebody needs it, then I give them away.

if it really isn't holding up then upgrade to a compatible i7

neither, wait until Computex this summer for new shit from both Intel and AMD

>Thermaltake

Exactly. It looks "just fine" for something that demands 12 gb VRAM. I mean, doesn't the RTX 2080 Ti have 11gb? I thought the lesson here was that having this much VRAM was unnecessary compared to other more important specs, taking a step back from the 1080 Ti a bit.

>letting water circulate anywhere near your PC
I'll never understand watercoolers

i5-6600k here, how long til i need to upgrade?

More like preloading the entire game.

>preloading the entire game
>into the GPU
what is system RAM?

>Use Thermaltake, literally the worst watercooling brand
>Hurrr

Until you are no longer satisfied with your current performance in games you want to play. That's always the right answer. Otherwise it would be never since you can always run enough games for a lifetime or immediately since you are not playing the latest releases in 4k 144hz.

A year ago

GDDR is faster than DDR

Close, but the 2600K is the true CPU champ, It will surely make a decade worth

Attached: Specs.png (925x618, 434K)

Why is watercooling so inefficient? Why aren't there failsafes?

You know what I mean. It can't be pre-loading enough textures at that quality to justify 12gb on VRAM unless it's pre-loading a massive amount of things it doesn't need to. How fast paced can the new RE2 possibly be to justify having that much stuff ready to go?

2700x here do it best upgrade I made.
I'll wait for ddr5 and am5 Zen 4
No point since nothing is CPU bottlenecked in my build except for racing sims with 50 ai or beamng

>tfw still using an i7 870

Attached: 1538327010260.png (283x321, 85K)

No need to upgrade since 2007-2009

Attached: 2007grafucks.jpg (800x500, 45K)

Anyone else boycott this shitty company due to how much of a rip-off their products are?

Intel + AMD all the way baby.

Attached: nvidia-geforce-windows-10-drivers-screenshot.jpg (1280x720, 25K)

NEVER
OBSOLETE
>NEVER
>OBSOLETE

no you'll get stutters retard stop being a fuckin parrot

Don't cheap out when buying parts. The guy is a South American

Flip em on forums or trade usually for cash
I have no need for them
Noctura air Master race here
WHIRRRRRR
I had a i7 920 for 8 years I know that level of comfy m8

That doesn't answer my question, why aren't there failsafes?

>thinks nvidia cares if some balding basement dweller wont buy low end cards
have sex

I'll gladly buy AMD when they can offer a product of same quality for cheaper prices, or higher quality for same price.

Amd gpus are a disaster high end tho
Tried a v56 it sucked
Went back to my 1080 and got a 2080ti
Navi is confirmed 15tflop ish absolutely max so it's barely Vega 2 tier fast in consoles and probably a bit faster on pc at the expense of thermals power and price expect more rx590 tier shit
Gcn is dead and new stuff ain't here till 202x

Balding basement dwellers are the entirety of high end GPU consumers though, what did you mean by this?

Years. Mine's overclocked to 4.1Ghz with an RTX 2070 and still doing 1440p-4k maxed out with 70fps, without RTX on obviously. Having said that you upgrade when you need too.

it would be pretty much the same, and im sure what you mean about less prone to breaking, a meme?

You can buy a flowmeter for 30$ that will turn off your system when your system leaks or you just don't buy shitty fittings with less than one o-ring you subhuman third worlder. Literally read it up like any other human.

I was pretty close to upgrading out of my i5 4960k to a Ryzen 5 (which I'd heard is closer to an i7) but that I'd have to flip the entire MoBo too made me reconsider.

The i5 has really done what I've needed it to do. The only reason I thought of 'moving up' was for emulation's sake but I only play up to PS2 anyways...

Now the real hero of my build has been the GTX 970. This little motherfucker came on the scene with a bad rap, saying it was something it ain't, but not only did I get it on a nice sale but I ALSO got in on the class action lawsuit for false advertising and got sent a 30 buck check. It's played everything I've wanted to play since I got it too, but it's showing its age now. Got a 1660 coming this week to upgrade.

Attached: Chaddy Bravo.jpg (760x699, 125K)

>Victoria 2
>Dwarf Fortress
Can confirm.

>gets called out and obviously offended because its true
>n-no rich people balding basement dwellers, not us NEETs

That's right. Keep buying my over-priced, overrated products you dumb goyim. Never support competition. Let us monopolize the discrete GPU market.

Attached: Jen-Hsun_Huang_NVIDIA.jpg (1000x665, 125K)

ESSE CARINHA AQUI, UMA DELÍCIA

Just OC harder. Mine can go 4.5 and it still pulls its weight four and a half years down the road.

If it's overpriced then why is AMD pricing their competition the same? I feel like "better performance and price than Nvidia at the expense of not having RTX" would be enough to get people on board with AMD. Maybe even just the price bit. Hell, anything. As it stands you basically have to choose the Nvidia card or the AMD knockoff card that costs the same and may even perform the same, without all the Nvidia gimmicks.

Again, I'll be the first one to buy from the competition, as soon as the competition steps up their fucking game.

NEETbux owners are literally their biggest audience, are you okay user?

Just that they have a lot of people with 2600 coming for repairs compared to intels, and since there isn't a big price difference anymore they recommend 9400F instead.

Is that recent? Never saw flowmeters mentioned when I build my rig a few years ago and I lurked on /g/ for quite some time. Is it even fast enough to protect your hardware?

And it gets its ass whoop by a 7 year old 7970 290 and 3 yrold 480/570
Get a new gpu when u go to Zen 2+
I'll buy amd gpus when they stop sucking
Vega 7nm barely beat a 1080 Ti at double the price power and thermals while getting shit stomped by a 2080

It's AMD's fault if anything, they can't get their shit together and instead cheap out for budget pajeePUs on consoles.

>Flowmeters
>Recent
Do you live under a rock or something lol? It measures if the pressure is falling off and turns off so yes, faster than you turning off your PC.

Why should I buy overpriced shit from another company with worse performance? Fuck off, pajeet chang.

Do you guys think this is a decent core to play Korean MMOs (MapleStory 2, Black Desert, Kurtzpel) at high to ultra settings?

Any GPU recommendations?

Yeah, no shit, you know I meant flowmeters used with watercooling. But yeah, I stop paying attention to hardware altogether until I need to upgrade again.

in third world countries maybe

Play better games. Apart from that it doesn't matter since the target audience for those games clearly won't have good PCs anyways.

1080p60 should, no bullshit, just be the eternal base standard and never change. You have ample clarity and nice, fluid movement. Anything more may definitely have it's place, like in high speed multiplayer, but 1080p60 should always be good enough at a minimum.

NEETbux aren't even a thing in third world countries. Well, besides America anyway.

t. poorfag

Diminishing returns are starting to rear their ugly head. What you'll be seeing more of as time goes on is most already existing tech being refined and made all that much better, as well as odd cases here and there like ray tracing, which will definitely flex some serious next gen type muscle once it's more easily sustainable.

yikes, I wonder who was behind that claim

It pretty much is. 4k is just a barely supported meme to rip off losers until it gets adopted as an industry standard, same goes for 144, 3D, VR, Raytracing, etc.

As I said, leaking is rare if you use parts from good companies. Get Bitspower fittings, watercool GPU/CPU blocks and reservoire and you have literally the best parts and quality you can buy.

based retard

I want to think this but in a decade we'll probably think 1080p is muddy garbage. I remember when 720p was good enough for me, or even less when I was playing 360 games on a tube TV.

Performance is fucked after meltdown and spectre patches though.

How longs it gonna take until we get angstrom-size architecture and they can start putting the nifty Angstrom symbol on processors to look cooler?

I still play some games at 480p on a CRT. Looks better than anything not native resolution on a LCD.

based /2600k/ bros

you can disable the patches. i do it because yolo its an old machine who cares.

This, native res is incredibly important. Sub-native resolution or dynamic resolution scaling are trash.

I see, good to know.

If you're talking about an old Intel CPU that still holds up, at least post an image of the 2600k.

Individually or just disabling updates altogether?

I would agree with this in principle but since basically the entire industry took the deferredrenderingpill we kinda need higher IR(even if it's just downsampled)

Kek.

Yeah, and as time goes on native res is going to go higher and higher, so 1080 is going to become undesirable for games in the future. I think so anyway, I am no tech expert but that has been the case in my time.

How?

Tell that to all the Nipponese devs that still shit out games that max out at 1280x960. Do they expect us all to keep our cancer ray tubes around?

disabling both patches

grc.com/inspectre.htm

I upgraded from a 2500k to an 8700k last year. Even when overclocked at 4.5GHz, it was starting to struggle with a few particularly demanding games. It might be fine still for 1080p60hz, but it struggles to keep up with high frame rates.

It's amazing that I got 6 years of solid use out of it. I'll probably end up selling it to a friend who has never had a gaming PC before.

Hook me up.

>gibson
lol

if I need to upgrade, can I just upgrade the gpu and not be bottlenecked by anything else?

No idea why my ram is picking up that frequency, but this is my ram atm

Vengeance Pro Series Blue 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ

Attached: rig.png (725x478, 28K)

That's what happens when Intel refuses to innovate for years and years

it seems to be more of innovating SUPER HARD but then realising they shouldnt do big leaps to maximise profits

>went from 8350 to ryzen 1700 recently
>all of my vr-related problems are gone, makeshift motion controllers stopped lagging
>can play persona 5 on rpcs3 in constant locked 30fps, feels even smoother than it was on real ps3
>computer no longer needs all case fans to run at full speed just so i can play vidya
>and it's significantly colder in the room, good thing for summer
having modern hardware is nice

Attached: 15297746102628.jpg (249x291, 10K)

>he doesn't have a 5U case with 7 fans going 2500rpm at all times
it's like you want high temps

A bit of both. After all, they still haven't fully gotten their 10nm node working while AMD went straight to 7nm

Nothing, and I mean nothing happened in the CPU market the past decade. It's well known fact. Like they gave up and focused on portable, low energy devices. (which is not a bad thing since also desktop CPUs profit from that research and development)

Attached: 1516930533159.jpg (1335x2048, 373K)

>if I need to upgrade, can I just upgrade the gpu and not be bottlenecked by anything else?

Yeah, and upgrade to an RX 480 instead of GTX

the "brain" of the video game is the CPU
all functions relating to the operation of the game are processed by the CPU. this includes the platform for any 3D rendering but also includes literally everything else

graphics are only a secondary rendering function of polygons

And yet by far the most hardware demanding part of it given how much you can customize those "polygons". You could argue the CPU is the most important part since it's the one calling the shots, but at the end of the day it's the GPU doing the brute processing to make it all look as it does. That's why I'm saying they are equally important.

Literally using my 2600k paired with a 1080ti with my Vive and it has zero issues holding 90fps

this is a gross oversimplification but you're not technically wrong
however the gpu and cpu need to be paired properly to avoid bottlenecks on either side
there are also games that are just horrendously cpu bound and throwing a 2080ti at a weak cpu will change very little
Conversely, having a weak gpu and throwing it at a strong cpu also accomplishes nothing

This. Think of a construction zone. The CPU is the engineer telling the construction workers (GPU) to do the heavy lifting. The lot will remain empty if one of the two isn't present, but in the end we all know who put the bricks where they're supposed to go.

I'm thinking of upgrading from i7-2600 as well soon. Photoshop and other bloated creative programs are maxing out the processor and the only way I can get above 60fps in games at 1440 resolution is by removing dynamic lighting and shadows. Starting to get annoying.

You know, an i5-7500 was absolutely destroying my 1080Ti's performance at 1080p. After upgrading to a real CPU I've gone from around 90 like you to reaching 144hz on everything.

i just upgraded from a 2500k to a 9600k and my frames went from 15 to 80 in kenshi. still got the 780 gpu tho.

>Have best air coolers on the market
>Make all of them be different shades of brown
I still can't decide whether they're pricks or downright fucking evil.

the latency of the ram is important
but the clock speed usually outpaces latency on quality ddr4

the latency may be higher, but the clock is also running faster, meaning that it hits the timing mark quicker than slower ram running at lower timings

for example
a latency timer of lets say 5 running on 1000mhz ram is not going to faster than a latency of 10 running on 2001mhz ram

higher clock speed also transfers sequential data much faster

yeah, my 8350 had no issues running rift at constant 75fps as well. it's all g ood until you try having ps move controllers instead of real motion controllers, with service that runs in background and processes image from four webcams in real time. or playing assetto corsa on a crowded server in pits (goes down below 75 even on ryzen), or playing rfactor 2 on a shitty track. "zero issues holding 90fps" is a statement about nothing, i could probably hold 90fps in empty steamvr room using gtx460 paired with core 2 duo

Post on /pcbg/ if you want to know something about watercooling.

>mb fucking died on me
>been waiting to see if I should get a Ryzen 2600x or a 3600x

>single channel ram
Never ever do this

also just wait until summer when we get ryzen 3000 chips

of course its an oversimplification you fucking retard
what else should it be?

1060 7gb? I mean, I did what you did, put a 1060 in with my 2500k, but mine only had 6gb.
>typo maybe

I think you are too high to be posting here, user. Your posts are all pretty obvious stuff and only mostly coherent.

what that being said, overclocking ddr3 at higher speeds typically offers diminishing returns
meaning you are not outpacing the higher latency with higher clock speed

I went to 2700x
Anything below isn't worth it.
Imho your pc isn't that bad I had the exact same build with a 390x
Dump a i7 4790k in there and sit tyte for another decade lol new pc prices are fucked new high end gpus like Vega 7 and 2080ti are 1k usd+ and midrange has epic price creep unless you go for low midrange like Vega 56 or 1660ti
Good feel innit
Although I went from a 1080 to a 2080ti at 2ghz and the thermal differences from a 100ish watt gpu to almost 300+ is insane the WHIRRRRRR from the fans under load jdimsa even at idle
Next rig gonna be w/c
They stand out.
Blacked fans and coolers look worse desu
T. Dh15se fag
Wait for Zen 2
Get a cheap Zen 1
Also Zen 2 boards 5xx series have better memory support apparently
Get the 2700x

I've learned since that my first/current PC build is a pile of shit, even my RX580 is really hitting a bottleneck at times. So I'll put up with it for a bit until I get a few bucks. Or, since my work is planning on upgrading new PCs for some unfathomable reason (they are great PCs, we're talking like $2000 computers they used for high end graphic design and VR simulation), I'm going to see if I can make off like a bandit with a few components they don't want. But they are also hawkish about holding on to old things for inventory and spare part purposes

Lol single channel ram
Also yeah no surprise polaris is aging like poo it was slow in 2016 when it took two to catch a single 1080
Idk just oc it and prey navi is decent but adoretv leaks put it at around Vega 56 perf AND $ for better power and thermals

what software is that?

I have a 4690k and 1070 and Mumbai is the only map in Hitman 2 that gives me trouble on DX12. Everywhere else is a consistent 60. I haven't even overclocked it because I'm lazy.

msi afterburner

You probably have a thousand useless apps installed and Google Chrome

I wish I had friends like that. All my friends are Xbots and the farthest they've gone was a gayman laptop
They make me seethe at times, but they're good outside of that.

100% your fault

I miss the 2500k and 560 Ti days so much guys.

Attached: 1334456239074.png (576x383, 288K)

Hows this look?

Attached: planned build.png (1725x493, 104K)

>$600 bux for that build
Not bad.

cringe and radeonpilled

Keep in mind it's counting the GPU and HDD I already have (-$217 together), but I would like to buy a new case for it (+$100) so the overall price would be closer to 550 or so, plus any shipping

Amazon has a 2600X for an extra $20

Retard here with a question. When building a high performance gaymin PC, how much impact or difference does it make having a SSD vs just a mechanical hard drive? I know that it makes loading times way faster in games and applications like 3D modelers programs, etc...But, SSDs tend to be expensive and the larger sized ones tend to cost a pretty penny even when on sales or special discounts. How does it work? Do you just get a normal mechanical hard drive to put a ton of games or whatever on then use the SSD just for the OS?

Attached: 1235465234643.png (500x500, 282K)

that's a pretty good deal then, I'll look into that. Thanks user

like a proper upgrade. i went from 8350 to ryzen 1700 and there is no way i'm going back, you'll be surprised how slow your vishera was when you'll see ryzen at work.

i've got 1700 along with x470 board which has confirmed ryzen 3xxx support, it saves me some buck, but you can go either way i guess. i imagine ryzen 1600 would be major upgrade from visheras anyway, so if you want to save a bit, it might be a solution of some kind.

Throw the OS on the SSD, maybe a few games you play a lot of with long loading times. I have a 500gb SSD for that, the rest I keep on a HDD and just put up with it.

>Do you just get a normal mechanical hard drive to put a ton of games or whatever on then use the SSD just for the OS?
Yes

It makes a huge difference. Games will load 2 or 3 times faster.

Whether you should get a HDD as well depends on how many games you install at once. If it's more than a couple then definitely invest in an HDD as well.

Excellent build user. Thanks for going with AMD.

memes aside I've had literally 0 issues with anything i've bought AMD-wise, but through the years I've had issues with HP all-in-one stuff at work, dells with intel stuff, it's sucked other than that

>but through the years I've had issues with HP all-in-one stuff at work
HP has been shit for years. But generally stay away from all-in-one PC builds. I've been building my own PC for years, and I've never gone wrong with AMD.

Unfortunately work is going to give you what they give you, ya know? I hate the damn things. Even when something is broken that one of us or IT could theoretically fix, its such a pain in the dick to work on them

Can anyone explain to me as if I was 12: what's the cheapest set-up I need to play Witcher 3 at 1080p 60fps?

That castle map goes from 100+ to 50 when reflections are on screen especially in the main part on the floor
And I have a 2700x and rtx 2080 ti

My 4770 still chugs at 40fps on a 1080 GTX in Boralus Harbor, so I highly doubt that.

Deece
Consider getting a Vega 56 it's almost 3x as fast and cheap like 200usd used or 250ish new
Don't listen to those quadcorelets mate I went from a i7 920 to a 4690 to a 1600x then 2700x the difference was huge every time
Zen 2 will be the gen to ditch Intel I don't regret the moment I left haswelle stutter shit for smooth freesync 4k 2080ti goodness
Had a Vega 56 it sucked at the time it's a decent low midrange card now but the 1660 craps over it

something around gtx760 and i dunno, let's make it i5-6400 just to be sure. witcher 3 isn't really all that demanding. unless you want to have perfectly constant 60fps on full details no matter what, then you might need a bit more than that