Role-playing game

>role-playing game
>the only role you can play is that of an effeminate young boy

Attached: 1203032023233.jpg (2000x1952, 735K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity_Declaration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah, it's bullshit
if you aren't playing as a little girl then why the fuck does the game exist?

name ONE game where the protagonist being a little girl would be worse

>wanna talk about vidya games
>end up getting feels, instead

Attached: feels.png (1081x793, 90K)

>JRPG
>it's a teenager kills god episode
Only major plot cliche that's really annoying, desu. Come up with some new premises already.

that was a sad story.i hope in the afterlife nicole can make them whole again

Why do the Japs want to kill God so badly?

He’s a prick.

he allowed japan to exist

Wouldn't you want to kill your creator if you were asian?

Attached: jrpg wrpg 7.png (892x407, 29K)

>le totally legit sad grenntext :(

kys

>game can't perfectly be catagorized under a term/genre
>op and countless others take a short break of sucking dick to complain about it
Die lol

Attached: 1554851596449.jpg (350x350, 69K)

You can clearly see Isaac and Crono display emotions.

What do you expect?

Look at all the games in the WRPG list. All of them are over a decade old, some even over two.

The WRPG genre is dead while the JRPG genre thrives.

Teenagers killing god is pretty enjoyable desu

same except for wh*ties

>a teenage boy who is a self-righteous faggot hellbent on sending his brother back into a wheelchair and wields a sword

>role-playing game
>you can romance effeminate young boys

Attached: shake.gif (512x512, 489K)

Attached: 1554274432158.png (1800x483, 2.49M)

>Dad Nier
>not Bro Nier
shit taste

damn i wish maya would whoop my ass

Attached: 1546209320794.jpg (549x900, 236K)

Because you can't get any bigger than God. It's a way to show the progression in scale. You start out killing shitty slimes and end by killing the most powerful being in the universe.

Damn jrpgs seem so gimped how are they still better than wrpgs

but what if the boy was actually 7 years old and was still expressionless BUT wielded TWO swords

what game bottom left?

Planescape Torment

NUTATCO?

best JRPG MC with best JRPG wife

Attached: 111fe915eb1fe66987e902c8c6d097ea.jpg (670x1000, 333K)

>tries to refute the OP
>posts an image where the characters are from left to right

>effeminate young man with boyish looks
>middle-aged man specifically created to appeal to a western dudebro audience, the original version of the character is, you guessed it, an effeminate young man with boyish looks
>effeminate young m- no wait, this is an actual girl, though you'd be forgiven for not noticing the difference
>see above

WOW, you really proved the OP wrong.

Attached: 1552492891652.png (800x729, 48K)

It is meant to refute the image. Who gives a shit about the OP's closeted homolust.

another braindead wojakfaggot, what a shock

Not canon.

>4/20
>year of our lord, 2019
>responding to wojaks

Attached: 1555741933865.gif (500x282, 1.07M)

True, but also notice how all the games on the left are old.
JRPGs are garbage compared to classic W/CRPG but they're still enjoyable and are sure as fuck better than most modern western RPGs.

Attached: 1550862573767.png (500x357, 185K)

>still responding to the autistic shitposter threads

Fuck.

>True, but also notice how all the games on the left are old.
As opposed to the games on the right? Those are even older, being from 1995, 1996 and 2001. The sole exception is the DQ11 protagonist, but he's functionally identical to almost every previous DQ protagonist.

Attached: Le5fE8V.png (499x700, 332K)

There are arguably three feminine looking characters shown there; two of them are women; the other is possibly Ramza and he is more of a man than you will ever be.

How come these JRPG protagonists are mute yet still manage to become better characters than most WRPG protagonists

A being of such power has no excuse for the way things are other than they want to. GAMERS RISE UP

Attached: 1449034211349.jpg (700x573, 183K)

It actually almost never happens, it's usually something pretending to be a god or trying to become one

JRPGs have coherent rememberable story telling. WRPGs are usually aelf inserts.

Can't believe I played so many JRPGs in middle school. Can't stand them now aside from FF6-7, Chrono Trigger and maybe a couple others. And that's after knowing they're hardly any different, just nostalgia. They're really all the same. And the REALLY weeby ones are the fucking worst, the kind of shit with bright purple haired 15 year old girls dishing out 7.8 gazillion damage with a basic attack, and the dialogue is god awful.

Attached: 500.jpg (500x666, 108K)

Wrpg protagonists aren't characters

Play paper mario

Why'd you post a picture of yourself?

Never have but it looks different at least, was always interested.

They just like to rip off shit like NGE.

Play it faggot

>aside from FF6-7
It's always funny how people that seem to "grow out" of JRPGs still cite the most medicore shit as being the only examples of quality.

Note I explicitly stated they're not quality

what the fuck are you saying?

Because they don't have the same conceptualisation of god as you do. It's just a cultural difference.

Yeah that's fair, but it's just that it's all too common for people that are nostalgic about that shit to not know what they are talking about. It's like those people that watch a bunch of entry level anime/film and then go around saying everything is the same garbage.

>not wanting to be an effeminate young boy
wtf

>posts a wojack

not an argument

Cultural anger about losing WW2 since they believed that the emperor had the mandate of god and instead they got their asses handed to them by the atom bomb so they constantly enact revenge fantasies in the form of games.

Because they couldn't have their god so now no one else can either.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanity_Declaration

Can't be a bad character when you aren't a character

The fact that 99% of JRPG protagonists are teenagers ultimately proves how childish the genre is. Indeed if you further consider how 99% of anime protagonists are also teenagers then you'll be able to see the underlying correlation between this sub-sector of Japanese entertainment. JRPG's and anime are targeted towards both children and man-children who have yet to grow up and face reality. Your average Japanese otaku and western NEET manbaby living at home well into their 40's is proof enough of this harsh truth.

If you play JRPG's and if you watch anime then you are by definition a man-child.

>tried to play Chrono Trigger recently because everyone is always sucking it's dick
>got bored after an hour
it's a cringe and a yikes from me

Don't bother, American are incapable to understand this

>Indeed if you further consider how 99% of anime protagonists are also teenagers

This just isn't true though. If you specifically go and pick out the ones where it is, usually Akira Toriyama designed characters. Sure. That doesn't stop people like Yuri (half russian mid 20s drifter), Shion (20s scientist), etc from being staples of the genre too.

>effeminate young boy
Wouldn't have it any other way.
Exceptions are nice though.

Attached: 1454925271968.jpg (480x640, 288K)

>This just isn't true though. If you specifically go and pick out the ones where it is, usually Akira Toriyama designed characters. Sure. That doesn't stop people like Yuri (half russian mid 20s drifter), Shion (20s scientist), etc from being staples of the genre too.

>Shion, a brilliant scientist at the age of 22
>still dresses like a stereotypical anime character
>we are expected to take this seriously
>this is supposed to be an example of a well-written character in a jrpg

Attached: 1554540706019.gif (514x601, 395K)

based bucket bro

Attached: 1555472465274.gif (720x404, 2.26M)

Among all the shitposting, can someone actually tell me what the appeal of jrpgs is? I recently had my first *proper* experience with one when I played DQ11 and it sucked ass. I played the whole thing since I wanted to give it the benefit of doubt but no, it’s just boring.
The best part is that the game knows how shit it’s combat is and let’s you automate it so you can tab out and do other stuff.
To summarize, combat is god awful and story is for children. Where is the fun?

>among all the shitposting, can someone actually tell me what the appeal of jrpgs is?
>combat is god awful and story is for children. Where is the fun?
You just answered your own question. That's literally the point. The entire jrpg genre was created specifically because the rpg genre (which was then exclusively a western genre) was too difficult and challenging for Japanese people.

Attached: 1544567776881.png (282x347, 60K)

The guys on the left come from different places in the world.
From asia to europe they're all vibrant different characters.
The dudes on the right are all white american dudes

Because it's the end all be all. And usually it's not actually a being on the tier of omnipotent being above all God that's found in Christianity. Most of the time the god you beat up is some fuckhead trying to usurp actually god or become a god or just a pleb cultural god

That explains a lot actually. Also explains why jrpgs are so popular on Yea Forums. They fufill the criteria of the golden trifecta: japanese-braindead-made for console

I'll take Growlanser 4 for 40$, Alex.

>role-playing game
>effeminate young boy is still a role
This is like getting mad because someone chooses to play cleric in DnD instead of multiclassing. Plus in any RPG you are meant to give your character a backstory, or are meant to build up both gameplay and story-wisefrom the beginning where you have a pre-established backstory (technically all those WRPGs in the image still have your character have a set backstory or slight variations of a backstory so that point is null and void). Hell, in Deus Ex you can't really decide to join the terrorists and turn on the hostages. You can't decide to give up and die on the cruiser in the first level of KotOR (and have it lead to an actual ending).

A game is software that only has a set number of possible inputs at any given time in the game. Contrasting again to tabletop games like DnD which do have pretty much absolute freedom this is basically nothing. Traditional WRPGs offer slightly more freedom than most traditional JRPGs, but at the end of the day the difference is superfluous at best. Regardless of the game you are still playing in a universe whose parameters are very set and very limited; pre-determined start, pre-determined ending with only slight variations in story and gameplay before you get there.

And despite knowing this is a bait thread that got me fucking good there are plenty of JRPGs in unique settings that offer engaging stories and have customizable gameplay. I put this at the end because this is the point most of you fags are ready to dispute, and would rather you read my first two points beforehand.

tl;dr ur all gay and i hope ur moms die in their sleep

Attached: 1531155773079.jpg (334x442, 87K)

Fpbp

>This just isn't true though.
SMT1,3,4,4:Apocalypse, If
Devil Survivor 1 and 2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Persona 1-5
Final Fantasy 6,8,9,10,12,15, Tactics, Tactics Advanced, A2, Zero
Chrono Trigger, Cross
The World Ends With You
Xenogears, Blade, Blade 2
Nier, Automata
Dragon Quest 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
Kingdom Hearts 1,2,3, BBS, CoM, Coded, DDD, 358/2
Most of the Tales of games
Ys 1,2,3,4
Suikoden 1,2,3,4,5
Star Ocean 1,2,3
Breath of Fire 1,2,3,4,5,6
Fire Emblem 1,2,3,6,7,8,9, Awakening, Fates, Echoes
.hack 1,2,3,4
God Eater 1, 2
Disgaea 1,2,3,4,5
Baten Kaitos and Origins
Golden Sun 1,2,3
Rogue Galaxy
The Last Remnant
Terranigma
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 1,2,3
Cold Steel 1,2,3
Wild Arms 1,2,3,4,5
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Bravely Default 1, 2
Lunar 1, 2
Grandia 1,2,3
Dark Cloud 1, 2
Legend of Legaia 1,2
Shadow Hearts 3

But please do tell me how I'm cherry-picking

Crono is not mute

Literal WHOs

It's true. Even Elder Scrolls is dead. The only half-decent WRPGs today are low-budget indies.

Nah. It's just that everyone seems to count multiple genres of games as JRPG's, while WRPG's are incredibly specific.

For example if most people count Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey as JRPG's, yet don't count Legend of Grimrock and XCOM as WRPG's.