I DONT NEED TO LEARN MATH, WHEN I GROW UP I WILL MAKE VIDEO GAMES!!!!

>I DONT NEED TO LEARN MATH, WHEN I GROW UP I WILL MAKE VIDEO GAMES!!!!

Attached: 1459545550140.png (639x485, 552K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Acoustic_Skelet
deviantart.com/lucianovontedizstein/
slideshare.net/maksym_zavershynskyi/fast-inverse-square-root
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYodWEKCuGg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_unrolling
qz.com/work/1367191/apple-ibm-and-google-dont-require-a-college-degree/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Were you right?

>need math to make video games
Whoops

Toby Fox never learnt how to code, he just made Undertale with drag and drop assets and look how rich he is.

I'll be the ideas guy!

With today's engines you only need to know the basic 4 operations

>600+ case switch statement to handle all of the player's choices in the game

Attached: 1551806495950.jpg (385x383, 30K)

if it works, it works

>know calc and some linear algebra
>making games too
math is easy

Attached: 262FB704-C4E6-4E29-9E37-7E1BD89E3DD5.gif (360x381, 127K)

Psh. Fucking amateur.
>I DON'T NEED MATH WHEN I GROW UP I WILL BE A VIDEOGAME TESTER
>THEY WILL ONLY SELL WHAT I SAY IS GOOD
Nothin personnel

Attached: 853.png (325x533, 240K)

Wrong thinking child.
You don't need to learn history.
Math is eternal.

Math's not hard.
And you honestly don't even need to know *that* much math, especially if you're using a prebuilt engine, which you should. Basic algebra will carry you through most of it.

Y+6 =14

Can you solve that? You're good.

math is applied philosophy

Who, where, and when don't matter.
What happened and why it happened does.

you need calculus for actual bug fixing

Programming is the easiest part of making a game. You can pick up enough knowledge to get a game working within a month

Now try makeing decent art, learning how to model or animate sprites, compose a soundtrack and make decent flowing level design that compliments whatever your idea is. Those are the hard things

bro thats a letter not a number dont mix them up for real man this is pretty basic

>i don't need to learn this shit i'm gonna be a full-time streamer when i finish high school

>moving goalposts

Every engine had built in vector programs that'll do all the calculus for you, and just about anything youd want to construct has already been made and is out there for you to copy and paste your variables into

You dont have to be a computer scientist to code video games

You don’t.

The math in coding really isn't hard. Its basic arithmetic.

>import rpg game maker
>wow programming is so easy!
spoken like a true indie shovelware retard

where are your games

Not him, but for a goal post to be moved, it had to have had an original position to begin with.

Hate on the ideas guy all you want but there’s nothing worse than knowing how to do something and having no inspiration or motivation to make it appealing or good.

Maths is present in everything you do. It's abstracted logic. It teaches you to think logically. It helps you with every decision you make. To say that maths is useless because you'll just use a calculator is like saying learning to walk is useless because you'll just run everywhere. Maths transcends itself.

fuck

Attached: 424px-Portrait_Servant_155_4.png (424x600, 452K)

At your moms house.
go upstairs for once.

All you need to know to throw together a game is variables, loops, functions, methods and objects. You can pick those concepts up quick. Then from there just about every engine has built in functions for things like handling vectors for movement, momentum and all sorts of things.

Will it be pretty, optimized code? No but it doesnt need to be

That's what I like about programming honestly. In real life you could build a major inefficient machine and it wouldn't work due to the massive energy or fuel cost. With systems you just risk possible performance problems on some machines if you get too hectic and spaghetti.

>not him but
Completely irrelevant
>it had to have an original position
The original position is OP

I wanted to be an astronaut but realized I'd be dead before I got the chance. So I decided to be a biologist and find a way to gain eternal youth so I can be a spaceman. I planned this when I was 5.

Attached: 1555710614774.gif (608x440, 1.67M)

All of the groundbreaking games I can think of were built from the ground up without re-purposing assets. Having a bunch of smooth brains use your engine for a big new project is how stuff like anthem happens.

Damn I want to implement a form of gravity what's the formula for that?
I want that projectile to deflect properly from walls, how do I calculate that?
How do I get all these modifiers to work properly with my stats?

>StackExchange: exists
Yeah, in the end you really don't need that much math for games.

>had to take pre-algebra in college because my math score was so low, literally didn't even know what exponents were
>still got my highschool diploma and graduated with honors
Public school is a fucking joke. I already knew it was shit as fuck but I'm still amazed by how deep such a seemingly bottomless pit can go. And these fucks ALWAYS complain about not getting enough money still when 80% of it just lines fat faggot school board pockets.

That said, the most math you need to make a video game is being able to add and subtract, everything else is just a shortcut for efficiency's sake and time saving. Don't get me wrong, knowing things like geometry, trigonometry, calculus, ect. can be really useful and make somethings which would take weeks to do take mere seconds but you absolutely can power through not knowing math if you're ingenious and dedicated.
Just keep to a constant work schedule and you will come up with something worth making. Maybe it won't be worth playing, but you'll definitely make a major step up and be vastly improved in what you make.

Attached: daew7p8-9fcdfe76-6646-40d4-b1a0-47afab2ce419.png (525x497, 13K)

>Pfft who needs math to make videogames
>Then this comes out nowhere

Attached: xmrffk.png (730x326, 31K)

I'm too dumb to learn how to code. I've tried it maybe four times, and I always end up getting super overwhelmed on the most basic shit. I just don't have the right mind for this, I was pretty much born to be a low pay wageslave.

>"Wow user your stories are well written, creative and you seem to enjoy writing them"
>"Well then maybe i'll become a writer"
>Fast forward to high school
>Realize most of my ideas were replicated/stolen from shows and games
>Story writing skills have been ruined by years of writing soulless FRQs and informative essays
>Feel no inspirstion to make stories anymore
guess it's political science for me haha

Attached: 1554775635066.png (840x700, 625K)

Pretty much anyone worth anything has inspiration and motivation when they have a passion to work for video games. The ideas guys are a dime a dozen. Believe it or not, the people who aren't ideas guy are pretty rare. Don't kid yourself, your ideas are worth less than you think.

They were also built by people who had each built hundreds of games *with* prepurposed assets. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, user.

Learn java if you are that retarded.
Not a insult but actually do it since its the easiest one to learn.
If you failed at python or Java then you have no future in programming at all.

what do people even learn in political science? I've never met a political science major who seemed particularly passionate or informed about any of it

haha im so stupid i dont even get algebra hahaha

If you're a good enough biologist, you could become an astronaut anyway.

its a meme carer like literature, its only there so you can say
>look everybody i got a major *inser career* from *insert midly famous university*

just buy your algorithms on the Unity store, bro

is it 8

99% of everything was taken from somewhere. Language itself is just noises we invented to convey existing thoughts, ideas and concepts. Stories are just a more fancy version of that. Don't sweat originality, user. What makes something original isn't usually the idea presented or the concept portrayed, but the individualistic spin you put on it. You're the only one in the world with your experiences and viewpoints, and it takes practice to tap into that, so it won't matter what subject you're writing about, what will matter, and what people will care about, is *how* you write about it.

I've mostly ghosted my Political Science classes to focus on being on the debate team, from the work i've copied it's mostly about understanding the inner workings of the government/Constitution
I just want to get it over with so I can get my LLM and work for a practice

Attached: 20190118_154010.jpg (774x670, 266K)

>mid-20's
>get really into graphics and shaders
>literal retard in math
>can barely do linear algebra

Fucking hell, if only I paid attention in school.

It is!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

I failed at both.

Attached: 1548283033129.gif (250x188, 301K)

Watch Khan Academy videos. It's never too late to start!

>guess it's political science for me haha
Stop while you still can, or you will AT BEST work on some asshole's campaign staff and at worst require more education to make as much as an actually good bachelor's degree will make you (and in that case you better have made fucking best friends with your professors or you aren't getting into shit worth anything).

Because they had to. Are you daft? Of course shit like Super Mario 64 was groundbreaking because it was one of the first of it's kind. They literally had to start from the ground up. Engines are stupidly complicated these days and no one in their right mind would start from scratch. Most commercial developers will pick one of the Big 3 off the shelf because of the NASA-level task making a modern engine would be.

≥tfw I can a be a pretty good ideas guy
>Like, some actually brilliant ideas for Vidya
>tfw held back by being poor

Attached: 1554688586709.jpg (360x346, 26K)

can you not afford a toaster?
blender and unity are free.

Buy a $80-120 computer/server, throw a $100 GPU.
Done, you have a mid end computer, mid-high end computer if you throw $250 to the GPU.

Get a halfway decent computer, doesn't even have to be THAT good. Chances are the PC you're using right now is fine

Download an engine, I recommend Godot, as it is extremely lightweight and specializes in 2D games, so feature and asset bloat won't be a huge problem

Watch some youtube videos, and go to town!

I feel sorry for anyone who didn’t grow out of this before 7th grade

What good careers don't require maths? There are none. Know math or die.

I only went into Political Science since I was always top of the class in AP History/Goverment courses and I suck ass at math
Is my only viable alternative a law degree?

Attached: 1518924522427.gif (220x206, 378K)

>I don't even want to finish school, I'll probably be dead by the time i'm 25 anyways
>put minimal effort into studies, just barely enough to graduate
>decide to take a "Break" from education and just work
>now at a point where I'm actually content with living and want to do so, instead of being a depressed suicidal faggot
>Dumb as a brick and its only now settling in how much I sabotaged myself

Attached: 26907462_1615453998537168_1119579798655565240_n.jpg (314x313, 6K)

I was honestly just trying to bait with the "actually brilliant ideas for Vidya" part, you guys are too nice to me.

Attached: 1554686069431.png (338x575, 259K)

I make game levels in Quake and Unreal. I have never faced a problem that has required mathematical problem solving beyond elementary school level.
Hardest thing I had to do was figure out how to convert arithmetic for RGB values.

I'd rather encourage you to do your best so I can have a laugh down the road when you roll out your dogshit idea like it's going to change the world.

You can do it! Computers are pretty affordable if you get something bare and work within the framework of your limitations! There's a LOT of free software out there to help you out, too!

>when I grow up I wanna write music for video games!
>just got a gig writing music for a video game
I think I'm gonna make it, bros.

Shows just how muchof an ignoramus you are.
Everything matters even the what, why, who, where, when, how, etc.
You cannot fully understand the whats and whys without context of place, time and those involved.

It's better than poli sci, I can almost guarantee.
Talk to your university, look at their career events and shit.
Pick something that sounds tolerable even if it's fucking accounting.

>I don't need arts
>I want a real job
And I got a real job and every other week tell myself I'll pick up a pen next week.

Attached: TKNYZRg.png (518x702, 390K)

>content with living
>sabotaged

Dude nah. You're fine. You're on the inter-fucking-net. There's free educational courses about literally EVERYTHING on here. Learn some basic shit, make sure you can do math at least up to basic trig, then go to a community college, ace the placement exam, and the world's your fucking oyster!

Or, DON'T go to college, you're doing fine, make sure you've got a decent nest egg for emergencies, and just coast. Do whatever the fuck you want, honestly

>actually got a foot in the door
Hey, made it more than 90% of those who tried

Well since we're already shitposting I wanna make a game about kittens trying to get adopted in a dating sim-esque game.

Thanks user! I'll take your advice!

I get wanting to shovel out software for profit it's why 90% of websites are in wordpress now and look exactly the same, but if you want to do something right it takes the fundamentals. Rockstar/valve/naughty dog all do in house engines and their games are always groundbreaking.

>irrelevant
not at all
>the original position was OP
and never moved from that. 600 switch statements =/= math... fucking brainlet

I like cats, I'd play that

What program can you just use drag and drop assets to make a full fledged video game?

RPGMaker, Unity.

>I don't even want to finish school, I'll probably be dead by the time i'm 25 anyways
>put minimal effort into studies, just barely enough to graduate
Are you me?
God I wish I weren't such a fucking fag.

I'm not mad about that.

That sounds legitimately awesome, and I'd play the shit out of that

You can make a pile of shit you'll find littering app stores by drag and dropping assets, but you can't make a game.
Why would you go and lie to people on the internet?

The vast majority of them, actually.
Unity, Unreal, Godot, Game Maker, etc.
The thing is, the game won't be particularly GOOD. Or yours.

The coding and scripting and math comes in when you want to make the game *yours*.

Can I steal this idea

Art skills are probably much more useful to you if you are trying to make a game by yourself.

Get to kikestarter. It might actually work out.

"Making video games" involves a ton of different positions, many of which require zero math skills.

Ok Yea Forums, profession and favorite game series.
KH and lawyer.

Well since you guys are curious.

You and your 5 siblings are in a pet store waiting to be adopted. You can customize your personal player cat.

The goal of the game is to convince specific passing by customers to adopt you. However, getting your siblings adopted with you gives you better endings. All 6 of you adopted by the same customer gets the best ending. You can do this by performing solo tricks to make yourself look more desirable, or group tricks such as play fighting or licking your sibling's fur to make multiple of you look desirable. Group tricks offers less desirability points but spreads them among multiple or all cats.

Certain customers come on specific days, but can show up randomly on other days.

Aka, the old lady customer always shows up on Tuesdays and Saturdays, but there's random chance she can show up on other days. Different customers like different tricks.

But there's an antagonist. He's a creepy older looking guy with a criminal past of torturing and killing animals. If he adopts ANY of you, you will get the sad ending, and him adopting all 6 of you gets you the worst ending.

Attached: 1554772631107.jpg (603x579, 27K)

I agree with RPG Maker but unity is only drag and drop if you shell out for the package that allows you to do that, otherwise you have to code it yourself

LMAO that got really dark, i like it

fucking
holy shit shut up
get to making this

Attached: 1553907518684.jpg (326x182, 20K)

Get a prototype up, I suggest either Godot or Ren'pi
Get some decent art, if you go on Reddit , you'll probably find someone to help you out with that, if you're not comfortable enough already

Throw that shit up on Kickstarter, you've got yourself a winner

And your math skills ain’t worth that much either when no one wants to talk to you. Sorry you sucked so much boomer cock that all you can do is sound like them.

>made A in calculus 1, 2, 3
>get to diff eq
>literally barely passing
FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS

FUCK YOUR EIGEN VECTORS

FUCK MODELING YOUR SPRING SYSTEMS

FUCK SOLVING ALL THESE ODES AND THEY DONT EVEN TELL YOU WHICH METHOD TO USE SO YOU PICK FROM ONE OF 30 AND JUST HOPE YOU SPEND 20 MINUTES NOT WASTING YOUR TIME

JUST FUCK IT ALL, LET ME GET TO MY UPPER LEVEL CIRCUITS CLASSES WHERE THEY JUST GIVE ME A LAPLACE TABLE AND A CALCULATOR REEEE

Imagine, unironically, being the ideas guy and thinking that you are worth something despite the statistics stating otherwise.

Attached: 1555571910812.jpg (640x585, 73K)

Everyone should be forced to learn Math up to age 18

math and fitness. If you can't solve integrals and bench 250 by 18 you're neutered and sold as a sex slave to the congo

I would, but I'm literally retarded with computers, shit at drawing, and too insecure with my personal abilities to start up a Kickstarter. But I'm teaching myself how to draw to at least get my foot in the door.

Attached: D26et6tUwAENGJv.jpg (750x642, 77K)

ten years ago I couldn't draw for shit, but I stuck at it. Don't make me say 'you can do it' again because it's starting to sound schlocky, but dude you can do it, just practice constantly.

The last part is shit, it should just be that if you don't all get adopted by the same owner you get progressively worse ending, unique to each owner

Well the good news is humans are highly adaptable, its not all over. Gotta find a way to secure your living through some work skill, many places will actually pay for your education to learn a trade or certification like mills or refineries and pay out some pretty big bucks, least that's my plan. Looking for some entry level skilled work and eventually want to go to college just to try, The idea of going back to school and seeing just how little I retained and how difficult it might be is scary but I want to give it an earnest shot.
There are many different ways to go about this and even a stunted growth doesn't mean its over user, you just have to put in a little more effort and find your own path

5th graders can be taught to differentiate and integrate, if you actually give them a challenging math educaiton.

However given your children an actual education is some huge taboo, low IQ losers will say you're setting them up to be social failures, meanwhile the kids in high school do nothing but get high and drunk and have pre marital sex and they cant even do basic algebra

Really makes you think about crabs and buckets, doesnt it?

>know game devs from school
>become game tester

Attached: 1423363512251.jpg (267x179, 20K)

Oh no I'm improving slightly, drawing is the least of my worries. I can eventually draw well, my writing ability is already good, and I'm also teaching myself to compose midi music competently.

It's just coding that's a headache for me to learn.

maybe make coder friends. networking is big

>want to draw
>have no inspiration to do it
>make excuses like "i dont have a tablet" or some stupid shit
i wish i had willpower

Willpower uniroincally becomes a lot easier to summon when you're older. When you're young, its really hard to have it

History is a morality lesson.
No fucking point trying to tie a name place and time to what happens to something or someone and why it happened to them.
The point of history is to teach you not to fuck up and do the dumbass thing that made people or things hate, kill, or ruin someone or something.
Whether it happened 400 years ago or yesterday doesn't matter.
Whether it happened in the Taj Mahal or your uncles backyard doesn't matter.
Whether it happened to the king of england or that dumbass kid down the street doesn't matter.

maybe when i finally get into nursing

Goalposts have wheels for a reason.

realise you will never make your game

Attached: unnamed18.png (500x421, 80K)

as an idea guy who knows his place, there is nothing more frustrating than some math nerd who over-values his skillset while being completely creatively lacking. being able to work collaboratively goes so fucking far

You should focus on studies first, and over time you will see willpower and discipline forming

>"Wow user your stories are well written, creative and you seem to enjoy writing them"
>Fast forward to college
>get a creative writing degree with really good marks on my stories
>realize that never in a million years will anything I write reach financial success
>start applying for marketing jobs

Attached: 1548438692284.jpg (480x480, 20K)

There is already countless people making art. Most of which are penniless and in debt to student loans over a worthless art degree that is less indicative of artistic prowess than some schmuck who just practices every day and reads youtube tutorials.
Be happy you got a job in this economy. Some people I know can't get a job in my town because everyone hates a certain someone in their family.

Nigger you can make a game in an hour with no study.
Even the Full Unity tutorial games only takes an afternoon to make.

I was a fucking moron when I was a kid and I said this shit

sorry , my expectations for a game are too high

Exact same thing happened to me
>love writing as a kid
>get put through the physics wringer
>take random creative writing class in college
>"user this poem sounds like it was written by a robot"
I've been slowly dragging my creative potential back out of me over the past few years but it's been a real process.

>Wow user, your stories are well written, creative and you seem to enjoy writing them
>get told this shit my entire life
>do genuinely enjoy writing and every time I do, everyone sucks my dick and tells me I should write a novel
>literally have so little drive to be creative that it's become inverted, further reducing my urge to be creative
>constantly wonder to myself how everything so wrong and how maybe if I'd ever put in any effort into my life instead of coasting i might be successful
Jokes on them, I stay up till two AM beating off and playing video games while suffering from suicidal depression instead of having aspirations or a drive to become anything more than a lump of flesh that merely exists.

Attached: 1546579939947.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

You won't go far in vidya without either maths or arts

Attached: beqq9a89xdv11.png (730x315, 14K)

>"your" game
lern to read

>make fun of this user because he wants to be an ideas guy
>actually has a brilliant fucking idea
Well shit, I guess it was bound to happen at least once. You should really put some effort into that, even if it starts off as a joke, that's enough to get off the ground. Who knows, it could end up as the next big streamer meme game and launch you into financial heaven.

>wanted to get into screenwriting
>everyone tells me what a bad idea that is and pushes me journalism instead
>journalists these days aren’t doing too hot either
>too dumb to learn any maths or sciences in depth
I don’t know who to believe anymore

Attached: 712DD3CB-797A-4DCD-A5AD-417D7387A3D0.gif (600x600, 207K)

Or maybe someone should have gave you advise on how to improve yourself or had a heckler so you could use hate and spite to drive you like a great deal of artist.

toby fox made it because he was a writer, artist, and musician. not a great one, but that's the real reason he was able to make something that effectively on his own.

do a secret catgirl ending if you get adopted by a magician and I'm sold

i simply dont know what to do wht my life, i like to cook but i hate working on restaurants and hotels, at least i know english but right now im feeling i wont make it too far whit only that.

Attached: 1494996105113.jpg (540x540, 45K)

>tfw switching to computer science major from math with no coding experience yet
Any tips bros

>Tfw don't have any inspiration or drive to do anything
>Wasting my life on dumb shit
>Even when I really need to I can't bring myself to put in effort into anything
>Keep telling myself I will change but I never do
I don't wanna kill myself but if I wouldn't mind dying in some accident

I've resorted to writing fanfiction because my creative drive is so low but I still want to work on my prose somehow
I'm kind of building my creative drive back up but it's a very slow process jesus christ I need to exercise more maybe that'll translate into better discipline towards writing

Attached: 1555513325555.gif (444x360, 1.28M)

I grew up always being told I was smart. Then I realized my family is full of retards and I'm retarded too. I'm meant to be a mindless wageslave. I can't do any better.

>>Realize most of my ideas were replicated/stolen from shows and games
This shit kills my drive entirely and it won't stop happening
>think I've got a really fun unique idea in my head
>start planning it out
>come across piece of media that's almost verbatim what I had in mind
or even worse
>get an opportunity to bring it up among friends
>"hey that sounds almost exactly like [thing you never heard of]

I know everything is derivative but fuck me

Attached: 1465769367202.jpg (1956x2068, 1.54M)

>Family keeps telling me I'm smart
>Because of this they keep having high hopes for me
>I know I'm nowhere near as smart and competent as they think I am
>Because they think otherwise whenever I fail they end up extremely upset

It’s because you were autistic and people felt bad for you so they tried to say something good about you.

Imagine, unironically, being Ubisoft or Naughtydog tier impressive proffessional team that can technically make amazing things but everybody who actually enjoys interesting videogames literally doesn't even bother to try your bland AAA mediocre shit despite salesfigures stating otherwise.

Attached: ranger sssshh.jpg (320x240, 39K)

>26
>just 2 weeks ago found out about "twice exceptional" kids
felt like getting repeatedly impaled on a spike

Attached: 1429572626494.jpg (728x636, 101K)

When is math require for RPG Maker?

where is your physics at bitch?

Attached: lubo-motl-7c241be7-645a-4643-bc86-1d07db54784-resize-750.jpg (487x650, 37K)

>"twice exceptional" kids
Literally the definition of "I'm super smart, but lazy"

coding is not hard, the hard part is the math, you do discrete math already? makes sure you know it, and it's branching subjects (graph theory and seth theory, etc..) well. getting a job is just showing you can make stuff and work on a team

>want to write
>have literal mountains of world building, characters, plots, etc.
>sit down in front of word processor
>mind goes blank
I've started writing meme parody songs about video games just to be stupid. It was originally to get my creative juices flowing, and it worked for a bit. I can get 2,000 - 3,000 words out in a session if I try hard enough, but it's just not enough. I've also started to notice that writing songs might cannibalize my drive to write actual stories.

It's all a big mess. I don't even know what to do anymore.

Attached: 1470706559464.jpg (1095x1195, 269K)

Is that like GATE?
I did know some smart kids in the GATE program.

>Shit at drawing
That didn't stop a moon-elf from making one of the more memorable flying women shmup game. Alone. While drunk

Attached: 2hu (9).png (680x808, 351K)

everytime I try to write a book I end up tossing it after a page or two when I read what I wrote

Do you fly by the seat of your pants? Try plotting things out. I actually like my writing to an extent. I recognize what I want from it and can see what I can change it to be later in editing.

Someone once told me that writing gets harder the better you get because you're more aware of what you want out of it, so you're more critical of your own work. I basically just use that to my advantage and say "I might like it later", and I usually do. Just keep writing. Then again, I'm one to fucking talk about "just keep writing".

>Really into drawing as a kid, loved it and was pretty good (for a kid my age, that is)
>Family kept saying it's useless and it doesn't bring any money
>Stopped drawing beacuse everyone in my family made me think it's pointless
>Family made me fall for STEM meme
>Too dumb to finish it especially since I never really wanted to go there so I failed
>Now a wagecuck with a shitty job, diagnosed with depression and feeling like fucking garbage all the time
>Went back to drawing as a hobby
>Actually having fun doing something for the first time in years
>Not great but visibly improving with time
>This actually makes me even more sad beacuse I realised if I didin't listen to my family I would be in better situation than I'm now even if I wouldn't be able to find any sort of job related to drawing
>Even worse is the constant lack of time and energy for drawing, so now I actually know what makes me happy but at the same time it's still out of reach due to time restraints
I barely did anything in the last 6 months and my porn blog is fucking dead currently.
Honestly the (You)s I've got making dumb memes and shit for drawthreads were probably the only positive reception to anything I've ever done in my entire life and the fact that SealGuy followed my blog is unironically the biggest accomplishment of my entire life and that's kinda fucking sad.

Attached: 1555654143858.jpg (906x936, 849K)

more like "I'm super smart, but also a fucking retard"
which is exactly what that feels like

This is gonna sound extremely retarded, but for some reason it took me until just recently to realize that actually reading helps immensely in the creative process. Yeah I know I'm stupid but I only just realized how long it had been since I actually sat down and read a fucking book, made me realize that every time I write I fall into the trap of making a movie storyboard instead of an actual written narrative. Rereading Dune made me remember why I loved writing so much growing up in the first place

Attached: 1555384553048.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Same. I think I have good ideas but I want to put all of them into as short a space as possible and it reads really bad. I just can't seem to make my work flow naturally in a way that doesn't seem like I'm either trying too hard to describe too much of the scene or having characters talk about literally meaningless shit too much.

Could have hopped on the furry patreon train, that sucks

oh sweet! thanks dude, we were really foundering there for a while. we really need some consistent design direction.

you mind going over our 300-page lore bible and editing it down to something that we can write a quality story around, writing up a comprehensive design doc with numbers and flowcharts for every mechanic and mission in the game, finalizing how our map design and flow is going to work and how it'll all look in the end, directing the voice and mocap actors, and managing problems on the fly as they come up ASAP so we don't encounter any bottlenecks? Should only take you a few hours of overtime per day for around a year.

I noticed that, too. I've been reading more, and playing games with stronger, more prominent narratives. No, not Sony movie games, like CRPGs. I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin 2, and I already have a lot of words I hadn't heard before and new ways to describe things when someone else writes them from an angle I wouldn't think to.

What books have you read recently? I'm reading Relic by Alan Dean Foster right now.

He is really good at making music though.

I hate math so fucking much. It was always the bane of my academic existence.

Attached: 1512101394048.png (959x815, 1.26M)

can't do basic arithmetic
i have dyslexia when it comes to numbers

ok np

You literally don’t need any math to make video games apart from really basic addition and multiplication. Most devs just use prebuilt engines with prebuilt physics APIs. No math required.

You're on Yea Forums and complaining you don't have time to draw? You can draw right now, you can draw on the fucking toilet.

dyscalculia

I think I’m taking discrete next semester. I’ll remember to pay close attention in that class thanks user

It is disgusting no one else has mentioned that. Its not that math doesnt work for computers. Its that specifically stated, FUCKING BINARY MATH

It feels good to know I'm not alone
I just started Consider Phlebas by Iain Banks, and depending on how I like that overall I might move on to the next book in the series or start Hyperion by Dan Simmons. I also have the Wheel of Time series on my small but growing backlog
Also want to try to break out of genrefag stuff, some poetry too, started reading a bit of Walt Whitman

Attached: 1555423453379.gif (500x288, 1.31M)

math nerds over value their skills because of the abundance of bad ideas
intelligence skills are rare, quality ideas are even rarer

>2.5 GPA, had to retake multiple chem classes and took more years to graduate
>First full time job is doing quality control in a chem lab

At least it's a job but I don't understand why I'm being trusted with chemicals for consumption.

Attached: 1554930227376.png (292x302, 113K)

This pretty much exactly me. It hurts to know that your only redeemable skillset will make you zero money. I went into film to try and salvage it as best I can.

Attached: 1486784241780.jpg (400x400, 45K)

>tfw consistent c minuses in mathematics classes but B's and A's in other classes

I'm 100% of the belief that at a genetic level some people are predisposed to being shit at math. It doesn't help that my Dad does math for a living, and my elder brother is a math whiz.

Attached: 1472269000856.jpg (1021x1003, 134K)

>Tfw major in advertising/PR because I can’t code for shit but I wanna still work in gaming
Is it the right move bros? I’m scared...

Attached: 85721743-3074-4F72-921C-5632C6B6C3B9.gif (220x184, 8K)

my bf and i are stealing that idea for our game, thank you for your contribution, as a reminder you can't prove shit in a court of law SEE YA SUCKER

>anyone saying this flash game tier idea is good.

I really want to read Hyperion. The setting sounds cool. I also have Wheel of Time on the back burner, but fuck, does the series' length ever make me worry about getting sucked into it.

Literally Reggie Fils-Aime. You'll be fine.

>going from one engorged af market to another
A-user, I...
good luck genuinely

Attached: 1555468696198.png (596x760, 340K)

I've had some minor success, but nothing significant. I haven't given up completely.

Attached: 1496707607882.jpg (749x788, 67K)

I mean if shit like subverse and dream daddy go viral with ease, it does have a chance

hey some flash games can make money if not ones like Super Fancy Pants or N+++++++++++- then you can make it into a f2p mobile game if its unique enough

Can someone explain every line of this wizardry? I'm too much of a codelet.

I don't hate math but I hate the process needed to learn to it. It's like building a really big pyramid out of really tiny blocks that weigh a fuckton despite their size, and if you don't keep watch on them they begin to start moving away in an attempt to flee like some kind of obnoxious nightmare.

>I DONT NEED ANYTHING I LEARN IN SCHOOL, WHEN I GROW UP ILL BE AN ARTIST
>*GROWS UP TO BE AN ARTIST*
The only problem is I live off of commissions so I have no time to draw what I want to draw. I hope to eventually set up a patreon where I can just sit around all day and draw doujins and shit.

Attached: fc8b008d6ee847bccf1af6b16959f60d52cc4317_hq.jpg (544x553, 84K)

>all these soikids who fell for the college meme
Learn a trade like a real man. Best thing I ever did was quit college. No debt, and I make enough money for my wife to stay at home and take care of our kids. I'm not rich or anything, but I have my own house and 2 cars. There's another way bros. Take the tradepill. Robots are gonna take all these tech jobs anyway.

/r9k/ faggots pretend getting a job is hard because they're too lazy to do it. There is a reason everyone complains that the world is fucked and it's exactly because jobs will hire you for crucial and possibly dangerous work so long as you're moderately clean and can avoid the needle on work days.
I went to college for Criminal Justice, went through reserve training before going into academy training, and then took another two years to cement my knowledge of criminal law. During all of this not once did anyone tell me they'll hire cops who are borderline felons that only have a GED and a lot of prior drug experience but not even a single understanding of one law.

Luckily the Sheriff's department hired me which is far better than being a cop. Everyone wants to be a deputy.

Attached: D4FUKdYXkAATL43.jpg (779x706, 92K)

Wow nice image Hiro I'm glad you decided to share it with us.
>Yea Forums is 200 years old and still has this problem

Attached: D4FUKdYXkAATL43.jpg (466x315, 18K)

Its basicly just laws:featuring politics if you arent a retard and choose a meme speciality

Fuck Java that shit is the worst

It's sorta complicated.
I'm still living with my parents and they have absolutely zero respect for privacy often just getting inside my room for no reason without any knocking or whatever.
I'm working but my pay isn't enough to move out, especially since they're taking part of the money from me for still living with them.
All the content I make is either memes or porn so I'm not going to draw porn when I have a threat of my parents walking into my room at any moment, I'm working a night shift so when I return I have few hours to continue working on my shit before they also go back home from work.
Since currently I'm working on my first comic and it's porn I can't work on it much during weekends when my parents are home the whole day, I'm making a comic (12 pages to be exact) so that I can post 1 page each week so it would take 3 months to post the whole thing, in that time I will be drawing new stuff so I'll have a regular posting schedule on my shitty blog for a long time even if something stops me from drawing.
I'm mostly focusing on porn beacuse it's the most profitable for amateurs, I'm currently saving up money from my job to just quit it and then buy some drawing courses and focus only on drawing for some time.
It's a shit plan but I can't make my situation worse so whatever.

Also on top of that for the whole last month I have been using all of my free time to help out my grandma with house renovations which left me absolutely fucking exhausted beacuse I didn't do anything but work and sleep for a long time.

Thank you for reading my shitty blogpost about my life.

>oho you criticize capitalism yet you participate in it how curious i am very intelligent

Just draw furry or "insert weeb flavor of the month shit here", flower man believes in you user!

Attached: flower field kaneko.jpg (390x588, 46K)

Those studios also have AAA budgets and can afford large teams to produce those engines.

Sounds like you have a problem with logistics then.
Try practicing and expanding in your mind the steps required to turn a water wheel;
first water has to run through the wheel, and it has to be adequate amount to move the wheel, and the wheel has to connect with the water at all times to reliably continue moving. Think about the physics required and mechanics in each and every property and see how much of it you can expand on.
Practice doing this every single time you take a shit.

Of course it's easy to get a job but the quality of the job is the problem. Most jobs are shit and yeah if you're fortunate enough to get an education you have better opportunities.

The bits that made up the a floating point number are treated as an integer value (i variable)
i is then bit shifted to the right once and subtracted from the "magic number"
it is then casted back the same way into a float and lastly there is one iteration of newtons method

Differential equations are literally evil

You need to learn to code and let the computer do the math for you.

>mfw someone donated $80 and said they love my artwork

Attached: 1529290076893.gif (758x696, 102K)

Am I able to efficiently code a game in C#? C++ seems like such a slog to use

>old math teacher at uni is tech illiterate

Attached: pritchard.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Yo, sort of similar boat user here.
Post link?

> tfw i am studying political science because i genunely enjoy trash fires
H-how fucked i am anons?

Attached: 1544984072536.jpg (540x420, 105K)

>become 30
>realize all the most popular games straight up stole their ideas from stuff the makers liked
>mario
>sonic
>elder scrolls
>fallout

poli sci is a fun as hell major. girls in it are always either right wingers or sjws which is fun, good fucks regardless

Coding isnt really that hard to learn after youve been through multiple semesters of math. Like if you can do multivariable calc, linear algebra, and ODE, you can fucking code. But trying to code without that foundation would suck imo

>metal gear

by right wingers, i mean future lawyer girls, aka they have their shit together

>tfw you realize you weren't even good enough to be considered mediocre

Attached: 1429587304501.jpg (242x206, 23K)

Remember, its the internet. You only really need to know what certain functions do and you can look the definitions up later. It's more so about manipulating numbers to get what you want rather than finding the correct answer.

>Tfw knew I wanted to turn wrenches for a living since early high school
>Math Teacher hated I wanted to drop advanced math since it was nothing I'd need
>Only finally gave permission when I explained "then I obviously shouldn't be working on an engine because I don't have the tools" when her "well what if you don't have x tool?"
I get it math is important and I made that clear when I talked to her, but I've never needed to guess the diameter of a cylinder because that's how you fuck shit up.

>tfw u realize your parents only praised you because they knew no one else would

Attached: 1543970761776.gif (245x250, 967K)

what are you trying to understand exactly? and what are you trying to do?

>want to become a grease monkey since i was a child
>dude, why dont you give a shit about geometry and literature

Attached: 1539369704616.jpg (800x554, 227K)

>make false statement
>poster refutes such statement
>OMG GOALPOST MOVING

twitter.com/Acoustic_Skelet
I didn't bother posting most of my stuff back from tumblr beacuse it was shit so there isn't much here, especially since I wasn't active in a long time, though that's going to change in may.
>Yo, sort of similar boat user here.
Post a link too then.

First, get a standard calculus text and dive in. You should also get linear algebra and discrete math books as well; make sure the discrete text is proof based.

Once you're a couple chapters in to your discrete book (you will want to have covered basic proposition and higher order logic, and basic proofs), you may begin learning programming and computer architecture. As a litmus test, if you don't know what this statement is

∀P((0∈P∧∀i(i∈P-->i+1∈P))-->∀n(n∈P))

you aren't ready to take the reins of a computer.

Now, forget what you do know about computer programming:

First, you learn boolean logic operations
then, you learn transistor logic
then, you learn how to build functional units from logic gates
then, you learn CPU design
then, and only then, you learn assembly language
then, after you have mastered assembly language (not dabbled, but mastered it), you learn C
then, after you have mastered C, you may learn the higher-level languages of your choice, but you will always use C and assembly as your primary languages because everything else is unnecessary bloat.

By this time you should be finished with your first wave of math and ready for the next: abstract algebra, analysis, multivariate and vector calculus, and, after you have progressed a way in those, topology.

Finally, you become familiar with topoi, and study the internal logic of categories
then familiarize yourself with (general) type theory, and its applications to programming. I also recommend studying how to reformulate mathematics in terms of globular categories for use in automatic theorem proving, because there is an inherent programming-like 'feel' to it.

>Want to get into game design
>Getting a graphics design AA
>still want to get into game design
>the closes area is in San Jose
>read the reviewers
>its negatively rated
>its the smash bros of colleges
Aaaaaaaa

Attached: 20190419_232410.jpg (720x881, 272K)

You call them "ideas guys" but call them what they are. People who are too lazy to actually do anything. Literally everyone has "good ideas."

Calling yourself an "ideas guy" is like telling women they should date you because you're nice. You're only saying that because there's nothing about you that's actually valuable in any form.

JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING JOB

DATA ENTRY JOBS SHOULDN'T BE THIS FUCKING HARD TO GET, I'M A PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER DAMN IT

Going to college to learn an art is fucking retarded, especially in the modern age of the internet when most skills can be learned that way.
Just design games, there's no formality to it, just make shit that's fun.

I remember wanting to make a game in High School where it's like SMT mixed with Doom. Took me like five months to realize that it was too big for an actual game and that I was too much of a brainlet to actually succeed at it. I remember actually conceptualizing how much of it would work, pretty cool now that I look back on it.

If I had a nickel for everyone I knew who wants to make a game but doesn't want to learn how to program, or make art, or do literally anything.

Everyone thinks that because they sometimes have ideas for games they think would be fun that they're some sort of creative. They actually think they're unique. Fucking retards.

What? SMT mixed with Doom is either SMT or Doom, you literally can't mix the two concepts together.

based. every programmer you know has done most if not all of this before they started into game dev.

>Just design games, there's no formality to it, just make shit that's fun

So which games have you made? They must be pretty successful right?

Hmm no, sorry. Akshually I was thinking we trash that and make MY idea.

>he didn't get an internship before graduating
better go back to graduate school and this time get one before you finish your masters

He could always just do a SMT X Devilman
Oh wait....

I do guess I made an unfair comparison. If you want a more direct one, think SMT, Final Fantasy, and a bit of Devil May Cry mixed into one. I'm willing to go over how the game would go if anyone's willing to listen.

>getting pleb filtered out of calc
guess this is the end of the road for me
i have no idea what other profession id be suitable for

Attached: 1520235523365.jpg (720x537, 77K)

I've designed modded mods to be more fun, and designed levels for Doom. I'm actually going through the process of learning to actually program so I can make the engine of my dreams for a cowboy RPG. I've written out how I want to have it be played but I don't have any way to test it in the way I want as it's slightly more dynamic than a standard turn-based rpg.
Look at Romero or Iwata, they were just programmers who ended up making some pretty fun games after the fact.

do tell user, i'm interested

Tbh, I have been slowly working on a classic fps with a talented high school kid, but I'd like to work with others and improve my skills

You are fucked because there is like 10 people already who can take your place easily and work for a peanut butter toast. Double this up if you are the art guy. What do you think why games are so shit now? Every major company has green ears who do most part of the game. I don't want to attack these people, but lets be honest here: they have below zero clue how to make a game engaging. This is why a lot of games put gambling into them and content walls so they can stretch out the content, because in reality the actual content is piss weak and bare bones.

The guy you actually recognize stumbles into the office at 11 AM with a hungover. burps out a few lines, hands over a paper about what mtx item they should put in, because he browsed social media and got the idea from there. Then he goes to the local fast food, gets home around 4 PM, then prepares a sheet what he'll say front of the camera next day.

i will literally tutor you
calc is ez pz

So would becoming an officer or Petty Officer in the Navy act as something of a qualifer for being the designated ideas guy?

Same thing happened to me.

Elementary school and middle school I loved writing and was always writing fun stories.

Then as middle school progressed and through all of high school we had to write essay after essay after essay for every fucking class and it had to be pages upon pages long. then i get to college and it's even more essays

now i get fucking ptsd if i have to open up google docs because of how much i hate writing.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kokoro Connect - 08 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_08.58_[2019.04.19_05.51.20].jpg (1920x1080, 752K)

Too many people treat math like a "you either have it or you don't" kind of mentality. Math is a skill like anything else that can be practiced and improved upon. If you're bad at math then you do more math.

>he sucks at math
>suggests accounting

Might as well tell him to go for a chemical engineering degree, genius.

Do you know that nobody wants or needs the idea guy? Even large companies usually have people doing another job, while they invent or design the basic shit together. They have +100 talented people, each one bursting with ideas and wanting to be the next game designer. Why would they hire some retarded NEET with no experience or even a portfolio?
>but the ideas are all in my head
You need to be either an artist or a developer to have a chance of getting in. That or find a small groupd making indie games, lead them and build some experience.

Trust me when I say, business calculus is not hard

Kek. I’m laughing but this is probably somewhat true.

The idea guy is needed in fact its a really important part, since most people who handle the rest are bad at ideas and writing.
Now the sad reality is this: 99% of the idea guys who think their ideas are good are actually shit, and a lot of these idea guys don't even realize they are already trying to recreate an already done idea, which was implemented many times better than they'll ever be able. Probably one of the best examples is Lovecraft's works.

don't really have a site anymore besides a very old deviantart
Wish i dedicated to what came sort of easy earlier. Stress of university wasn't for me. Wish i just got a job and general breathingroom before i hit a boilingpoint a few years back.
i'm currently cleaning out the hoard of my parents house where i live, quit uni and job i occasionaly worked at is on hold now too. Don't really draw at all anymore but some of these are semi recent. I still dream though.

I'm still not good with computers. But a mathwizard friend made a game, would've been cool if i could do some portraits or something. But I never got to finish the 1 (one) commission i ever got so i want to get my general shit together first.

Attached: clusterfuck.jpg (1025x849, 552K)

thank you user but theres no point wasting time with me

What do you call an ideas guy that actually gets shit done?

user you probably just had a shit prof, if you can speak english you can learn calculus. it's just a bunch of rules.

its 2 bc 2*6 = 14

Alright, so basically, this is how it goes;
>Game takes place in Hell
>You have no idea why you're there, nor who you were before
>You have to explore the eight stages of Hell and kill all eight Demon Princes to try and escape.
>You, as a party member, could steal the souls of demons using powers you somehow got while in Hell to take some of their moves and skills to apply to yourself.
>On your journey you have four party members join you, they are...
>A crusader named Siffridus who is in Hell for killing innocents during the crusades. Basically a pure tank who could be used to block attacks.
>An occultist known as who was sent to Hell for his rituals. Basically a pure buffer who could deal damage to multiple enemies at once for some of his attacks.
>A nun named Martha sent to hell for assisting a murder knowingly. Her purpose was to heal other party members by praying for them, but she couldn't heal the occultist, forcing him to heal himself.
>A demon known by the name of Abraxas who seeks to assist you in killing all the Demon Princes so he can become the one Demon Prince to rule them all. He could deal status effects on the enemies, like forcing them to attack each other or make them drunk and thus clumsy.
>The first stage of hell was "Sloth". It was basically a realm of demons who didn't care too much about you to fight too seriously. The prince of Sloth was Belphegor, who, essentially, is a neckbeard who has no care for God or his workings. You had to beat him by knocking him off of his golden seat/toilet (which while on he would sit and order his demons to fight you while he read a newspaper), which would lower his health tremendously, but also make him stronger stat-wise by making him focus on the fight.
(1/3)

Chris Metzen got to be an idea guy and was loved by all its not fair

rules on top of rules on top of rules
i barely understand chain rule and cant remember all the trig shit for tests when i have nothing to reference in front of me
i'm toast

youtube, me bucko. do one practice problem during each muted ad

anytime you ever want to learn something ever again go to youtube first

why the fuck am I still here[\spoiler]

Attached: 1489457628395.png (500x408, 120K)

so you dont need both spoiler tags anymore?

test

Attached: 1442333710697.jpg (416x251, 13K)

can you tell me how to get bettr. i wanna draw comic and like you but i been trying and failling for 2 years.
can't draw faces
body is somewhat hard but getting it

I got past the "I want to make video games" for a living phase pretty quick when I realized that I'm not creative enough to do it for a living
Still, every single foreign university has a calculus requirement for CS and I never took it because I didn't know I'd need it, I took a subject about computers and I assume no one even mentions it because it's way too easy so I don't even know if I would do well in a university
I want to blame the education system here but I'd just sound like a fag
Honestly I wish there were some simple time killer games again instead of mobile scams
Ctrl+s you idiot

>2nd iteration, this can be removed
So why put it there in the first place, faggot?

Shit user that's much better than anything I made, I hope things will turn out well for you.
Also even if your deviantart is dead I would still appraciate a link to it if you don't mind.

Attached: le one hit elevator man faec.png (980x920, 305K)

>don't know where to go after middle school
>friends tell me "CS bro, it's gonna be fun"
>work my ass off to get my grades to an acceptable level
>the end tests were easy peasy, so I got around 90% in each one of them
>get to the school I wanted
>family is proud, friends congratulate me
>feel good
later
>math is basically crushing me
>tell myself that it is gonna be okay later, I just need to get used to the new school
>the whole first year is an nightmare
>don't sleep whole nights because of stress
>tell myself that it's gonna be okay, because CS related classes are fun
>at the end of the 1st year realize that I hate prgramming, whole CS.
>too far to change schools, besides my family would be dissapointed
Here I am, 3 years later, I hate myself for listening to these people, I'm gonna be stuck doing things I hate.
Fuck me.

Attached: 1555347203011.jpg (1920x1080, 113K)

(2/3)
>The second stage of Hell was "Lust", and was basically a sex dungeon made into an entire area. The demons there would attempt to charm you and even assault you, and the prince would be Asmodeus, a demon who's heads comprised of multiple beasts and men, with an elephant's trunk for a penis.
>The third stage of Hell would be "Greed", and was a gigantic factory where demons were worked to death or were so obsessed with things that shine they'd likely tear you apart to merely hold your eyeballs. The prince of "Greed" would be Mammon, a demon with a huge nose and golden armor themed after a business suit. To beat him, you had to hold out an item you'd get from the miniboss and let him reach for it to do critical damage to him and his armor.
>The fourth stage of Hell was "Sorrow", and was a forest where men would become trees with faces of agony eventually, and demons would tear you apart than rather admit to their sins out of guilt. The prince of Sorrow was Legion, a gigantic monster formed out of the bodies of many. To deal with him more effectively, one had to make sure to ignite the body using some spells or some shit.
>The fifth stage was "Envy", a collection of islands where demons would kill each other out of built up envy over what they could do better over them. If you had stats stronger than some demons in Envy, there would be a chance there for them to get even stronger to try and make you look weaker. The prince of Envy would be Leviathan, a gigantic sea monster with an Orca's body, a squid's tentacles for fins, and a snake's heads for those tentacles who would require you to be slightly weaker than it, lest if you came in overleveled it would destroy whatever party member was stronger than it in two or three blows.

This, holy fuck.
>factory's factory casted into some literally who class
Who gives a shit about following rules if the code is unreadable? At this point just copy paste it lmao!

>LLM
But why? Just get your JD and you're golden.

get a patreon
draw some porno art for it
pretend to be making a game out of it

reminder that the guy who made hotline miami was some swedish neet faggot

could do all that
or i can sit here comfy playing videogames and pretend im not a massive loser with probably double digit IQ

Attached: 1552091886448.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

>The sixth stage of hell was "Gluttony", a desert land starved of it's resources, so demons would eat each other at the first chance they got. The boss was Beelzebub, a demon with a mosquito's head, a locust's wings, a tick's bloated body, and a fly's limbs. He'd drain your health and try to attack you by spitting your own blood out at you.
>The seventh stage of Hell was "Wrath", a bloodied wasteland where demons would fight each other for eternity and stronger and better demons would emerge victorious. The tactic here was to play it safe and lower their defenses by debuffing them. The prince of Wrath was Satan himself, but in an appearance where his body is made of a fleshy material and his head had six crowns on it, with Satan also having six wings and six eyes. Satan would be a mindless monster that fell from God's graces like his master, Lucifer, and you would essentially have to put him down.
>The final and eighth stage of Hell was "Pride", a gigantic tower that nearly reaches to the heavens. It would be adorned with portraits, statues, and even carpets showing the final boss' face, Lucifer's. and the geometry would betray you at multiple paths just to show Lucifer's face. During your stay in Pride, you would have to fight stronger versions of the previous bosses you fought, with none of their previous weaknesses being as useful as before. The final battle would take place at the peak of the tower, where you would meet Lucifer. He would ask you if you wished to join him, to lead a rebellion against God and claim Heaven as your own with the other princes of Hell. He would also tell you that God is cruel and unforgiving to those he hates, and would never let you find true peace.
>Saying yes would have the occultist (who I forgot to say before was named Solos) and Abraxas join you, while Martha and Siffridus would fight you. You would then fight an army of angels, and then God himself.
(3/4), got a little carried away

>barely drag myself out of high school
>go to college for ict because working with computer shit sounds like fun
>teachers don't do fucking anything
>forced into mandatory group project
>we all fuck up because nobody shows how to do anything correctly except for fucking java (which we didn't even end up using in the end)
>i get all the blame for it
>drop out
>also get debt because i dropped out a month too late
>try just getting a normal job
>end up getting multiple mental breakdowns and quit
>no skills,no dreams and no motivation to do anything because i'll fuck it up anyway
>also stuck with extreme anxiety
Is this what depression feels like

Attached: A.jpg (1922x1077, 676K)

lol how retarded is this
>if you make the art assets, music and story it isn't really ur game cause you didn't code it yourself.
Drag and drop functions just cuts out the middleman of coding. How does coding it yourself make it "your game"?
By that logic if you learn from a book how to code its not really your code because you learned it somewhere else.

Attached: 1481104719628.png (399x322, 42K)

i looked at /ic/'s sticky
loomis for the general structure of the head (the ball with two shaved sides)
proko for bodies (haven't done that in a while though, not sure whats there now)
Strangely, i never really drew from reference all that much, atleast not what others have been telling me. I always liked 'building blocks' method the best. When you do study the general form of the body. Look at like a nose. Then draw it from ref. till it looks good. Draw it simplified so you can remember to construct it. THen draw it again without ref. Then over and over. Different angles. You kinda stomp the memory in there.

so tl;dr: simplify the things you know in 3d blocks or shapes, memorize, then get anal about proportions HARD.Then learn to build those blocks up again from scratch but in perspective as good as you can.

For faces. Save lots of pictures of faces you like. Photos, scultpures drawings whatever. try to really slowly learn all the 'default' proportions in 3d and spin them around. Again if you learn the 'blocks', then when you learn perspective you apply the blocks to those diverging lines.
Maybe if you don't know what you like compare the pics what you like to what you dont like. Like draw iterations and pick the best one and then look whats different about it.
I'm still ab it drunk so i'm sorry if i'm too wordy.
Oh and draw regularly,I did this /ic/ group called 'unmotivated losers' for a while, wich was basically just some peers yelling at you if you dont draw atleast ONE drawing a week. I think doing that just for like three months was the most important thing i ever did artimprovementwise

Thanks user, that really means a lot to me.
the link is: deviantart.com/lucianovontedizstein/
i hope you kind of ease into the job so you have more energy afteward adn keep at it

>mfw i said the same thing but about street racing
>the whole class laughed at me

Attached: serenaded by teddy bears.png (680x704, 419K)

you can't make a really unique game with unique and interesting gameplay without programming new functionality. otherwise you are just slapping new art and a different narrative on top of another game. typically these are shitty generic platformers or rpgs.

(4/4)
>Saying no would have him forcefully make Solos into his newest demon, Abbadon, and have Abaddon and Abraxas fight you, then Lucifer.
>Lucifer would have zero weaknesses and would spam buffs at every moment, and be extremely hard.
>Siding with Lucifer would doom humanity, but so would siding with God would damn you and most men to Hell.
>The true ending is to decide that both God AND Lucifer can go fuck themselves and become the one true God. All your allies reluctantly ally with you, except for Abraxas, who's totally into this idea. The true ending would be unrelentingly hard, and Lucifer and God would fuse into their true form, Monad, which Lucifer was separated from when God somehow got rid of his own pride.
And that's all I can remember. Give your thoughts on it as you wish.

dank

i just started learning c# wish me luck anons

take the econ pill

slideshare.net/maksym_zavershynskyi/fast-inverse-square-root

>tripfag advice
never ever

>drop out
>become published
>write "lore" that youtubers make 40-minute videos analyzing

Attached: 1485341068091.png (259x224, 12K)

>every time i think about dropping out of CS i think about econ
>remember i got my ass kicked in econ 101
maybe i really should just euthanize myself

Attached: 1525626335656.png (480x364, 210K)

>dropping out
2 int

preparation is key. if you ever decide to take active steps toward a degree, a shitload of youtube will make straight-B's a cakewalk

>Ctrl+s you idiot
you are mach rider

Attached: 1553482919457.jpg (1512x2985, 3.22M)

If it makes you feel any better, my mother wanted to put half of her savings ($10K) in Netflix in 2005 but the rest of her family talked her out of it saying a 23 year old (she had me at 18) won't make good investment calls and that netflix was dumb and just because she liked it personally didn't mean it was a successful business.. It would be worth $2.5 million today.

what about econ was so troubling? any specifics?

Make sure it's BS flavored though.
t. BA Econ fuckwit

i liked the concepts of everything since it was a breath of fresh air being given problems that were rooted in reality but whenever i was given an issue and told to find x y z, calculate it, and draw a graph i'd completely shit the bed every time

I wonder what all those dumbfucks who jumped into Youtube/Twitch like lemmings who unironically thought they were going to get Pewdiepie/Ninja/whoever numbers with their dumb channel and dumber content were thinking when they saw they were going nowhere and their expensive investments in all the typical streamer gear are being wasted and no one watches them or gives them the attention or praise or fame they desperately crave. I really wish I could see how sad and angry and despondent they are. That look of utter despair and sadness is just...It's better than sex. The schadenfreude you get from seeing such sad sacks whose dreams have been thoroughly crushed and realizing all the people who told them they weren't going to make it were right, I live for that. I live for seeing that moment of realization that 'I've wasted my youth chasing a childish fantasy'. Just unf.

Stay mad faggots

Because back then gamedev was still a niche hobby for nerds that could occasionally hit it big and make money. Ideas guys were rare but they were what fledgling dev teams needed.

Now there's a whole generation of people who grew up with gaming and were inspired by it and consequently the number of ideas guys has gone way, way up. There's no place for ideas guys anymore. You either bring a real, tangible skill to the table or you fuck off.

>not being good at math

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

Having good ideas is a currated skill

Attached: 1519104726282.jpg (225x225, 8K)

this t b h

any high paying careers that aren't math are highly competitive and highly based on the genetic lottery e.g. professional sports, acting, modelling. if you can't use math then you are meaningless as a member of society.

What level of math?

No. If all you have is ideas, you are worth nothing.

Absolutely nowhere in the industry today will anyone pay you to sit your fat ass in a chair and go 'hey wouldn't it be cool if we did [totally unrealistic and overambitious pipe dream that would blow the budget for the whole project] or [ridiculous feature creep]

Unless you can do at least two other things and do it well you can keep your ideas to yourself. Or better yet, just blab about them on the internet in a 'dream game' thread so people who actually know what they're doing can steal the idea and make it while you get no credit or satisfaction while they make tons of money because you're a lazy unhirable fuck who thinks 'good ideas' are enough to get into the industry.

And this is why you'll never amount to anything: you're a quitter

One of the popular guys from my high school tried it but he could never make it due to being a loud and obnoxious unfunny faggot. Not that he was any different in high school but you'd think this attitude would work well for streamers minus the unfunny part. His most watched video is him trying to break a PS3 controller with his head. Last time I saw him his girlfriend broke up with him for another girl.

The Japanese take ideas all the time and work them into their own IPs, just look at Evangelion.

thats not the only problem. the problem is that ideas for a game evolve as development happens. some ideas are thrown out and new ideas are added. Every concept artist is adding and getting rid of ideas as they come up with new art. Technical artists also evolve the ideas. Gameplay programmers also develop ideas and remove some as they implement stuff. Most often these are ideas for details that an "idea guy" designing from the highest level won't cover. Games usually change a lot during development.

Stop posting my wife.

You could write sexy stories or porn stories.

Its a meme degree so you get into law school.

I have dyscalulia though. I took algebra 1 in 9th 10th and 11th grade until I passed it.

>Absolutely nowhere in the industry today will anyone pay you to sit your fat ass in a chair and go 'hey wouldn't it be cool if we did [totally unrealistic and overambitious pipe dream that would blow the budget for the whole project] or [ridiculous feature creep]
'good' ideas user

how long would it take someone to learn all of this if they're essentially starting from scratch but very determined?

user don't ever feel bad if a shitty One Direction fanfic published on wattpad can be made into a motion picture released in theaters then I'm confident whatever you could shit out would do well.

Protip: Every university does not have the resources to graduate everybody with their preferred majors.

Calculus is considered a weeder course for people interested in majoring in computer science.

Same goes for those Premed Majors.

Their version of a weeder course in all colleges in America is considered Organic Chemistry.

Your college encourages Calculus and Organic Chemistry to be used to destroy as many people's dreams of becoming programmers or doctors as much as possible.

Seriously, go ask anybody in college and they will say how many people failed or dropped out of class due to Calculus or Organic Chemistry which made them change majors.

How much it sucks all depends entirely on the company. It can either be soul crushing and monotonous, or comfy AF where the devs rely on you to provide feedback for balance and shit.

Tfw when high iq but too autistic to function like a normal human in anything relating to work, school, or interacting with people

And who is going to determine whether the ideas are good or not? You, who is entirely useless outside your presumable "creativity" and who has a conflict of interest?

>I'm gonna make cool programs when I grow up!
>webdev shit takes over
>get through uni easily
>get stuck in a garbage corporate job doing shitty webapps
>suicidal thoughts
>so what's out there that doesn't have anything to do with web?
>well user you can go make video games or embedded, both of which are shit in terms of job availability and salaries haha!

Attached: 1494800626199.jpg (482x549, 57K)

Quick! Will a tertiary alkyl halide undergo an sn2 reaction? Justify your response.
Alternatively: what is the definite integral from 0 to pi of 1 / sqrt(x^2 + 2x)

Or you could be Japanese.

After graduating from Keio University with a degree in social science, Miyazaki went to work doing account managing for the U.S. based Oracle Corporation.[1][3] Upon a friend's recommendation, Miyazaki began playing the 2001 video game Ico, causing him to consider a career change to a game designer.[1] At age 29 however, Miyazaki found that few game companies would employ him, with one of the few being FromSoftware, where Miyazaki began working as a game planner on Armored Core: Last Raven in 2004, joining the game's development halfway through.[1][3] Miyazaki later directed the development of Armored Core 4 and its direct sequel, Armored Core: For Answer.[3]

Upon learning about what later became Demon's Souls, Miyazaki became excited at the prospect of a fantasy action role-playing game and offered to help.[1] The project, up until Miyazaki was assigned to it, was considered a failure by the company, with Miyazaki stating "I figured if I could find a way to take control of the game, I could turn it into anything I wanted. Best of all, if my ideas failed, nobody would care – it was already a failure."[1] Although the game was received negatively at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show and sold far under expectations upon release, it began to pick up after a few months and soon found publishers willing to release the title outside of Japan.[1] After the release and success of the game's spiritual successor Dark Souls in 2011, Miyazaki was promoted to the position of company president in May 2014.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qYodWEKCuGg

Tfw 90 iq and autistic

That's why idea guys are paid to think and you arent. Everyone has ideas, but few can execute them with proficiency. It's no different from writing or drawing or any other skill.

>did very well in all subjects
>highest GPA of my grade in high school
>tfw I never actually particularly liked learning anything
>studying law, because I once randomly told my parents I wanted to do that after I graduated (I just made it up on the spot though)
>don't really care about this either
>about to start writing a thesis next year
Did I fuck up?

Attached: 1540487430275.jpg (1124x1098, 174K)

Don't feel bad.

Some colleges releases GPA averages of their majors and STEM major in universities always, always have lower GPA averages than liberal arts major averages.

For example, MIT is known for low GPA averages and used to have the highest college suicide rate in America.

>be decent at math
>grasp the basic concepts of programming after a while to where i can google enough to hack things into a functional state
>take a course where i have to program using abstract math and ensure that the logic takes no longer than 5 seconds to complete the theory
When did you realise that being above average in math and being able to google wasn't good enough to make it as a software engineer? At least i have decent social skills so i can act as a good bridge between development and business.

Attached: 1426066180846.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Man all these posts make glad that I'm past that point in my life and enrolled into a university I wanted to
Keep your chins up! It will be over sooner than you know it

at least you have a job

GPA is a meme, as is unpaid internship

not really encouraging when that job makes you want to kill yourself

I'm so fucking jealous of people especially level designers/game who got into gamedev in the 90's/early 2000s
all you needed was to have a good portfolio of published work (game levels or WADs/maps), maybe some basic tool/programming knowledge and commit to work crunch hours and you were in.

Now they want degrees and 5 years prior experience excluding internships or unpaid work and for you to sign over your soul

Are you in particular getting paid to think? How many "idea guys" you know who don't have any degree? How many of them actually only "think" and not do anything else such as management?

miyazaki has more skills than coming up with ideas. he has to have fantastic leadership, management, communication, etc. skills while understanding the entire game dev process and all the obstacles that each position faces to successfully do what he does.

Was being a police cop your only option?

You could have had a lot of options you know.

You could have worked for United States Postal Inspection Service or even the FDA.

Yeah, the FDA has police.

I know next to nothing about programming, so I have a question:

suppose your code has 1000000 statements with: if x = blabla then y = blablabla; else y = blebleble

is a single statement with: for x in range(0,1000000): if x = blabla then y = blablabla; else y = blebleble
less intensive for the device that's supposed to run it or does it just make your code more readable?
I imagine that even with iterative statement the device has to check every value of x up to 1000000

sounds like something that would get millions of views on twitch and youtube for a week then a year later the game never gets mentioned again by anyone and you waste your entire life chasing after the fleeting 15 minutes of fame you will never earn again

you know how you acquire drive user...
adderall. speed is literally the only option

You assume all kinds of shit up front.
Idea guy doesnt have to be fully isolated in his own universe, the term idea guy is a made up memeterm anyway. The 'ideaguy' should generally know what is possible with current tech, he knows budgetting, he knows who to hire for what, he knows whats popular, he keeps everything in reigns. I fully agree an Idea guy has to be up to speed with differnt things related to the creation and reception of vidya.

I really wish publishers and devs had more good leaders with holistic ideas about what makes a good videogame and personality. Because even if tech can be great. Triple A slog is just the fucking worst waste of potential.
>Who is going to determine whether the ideas are good or not?
Smaller devs will do whatever, the higher you go the more your previous games and their reception will show your pedigree. Just like film has directors with personality, we need that in vidya.

I wanted to beat the shit out of niggers fucking up my town moving in from California.

It depends on the language, engine, ect. I'd think the latter would be more intensive though I don't know if it would be noticeable.

Calc is considered a weeder course.

Dude, listen to me, consider changing the grading of your calc class from Letter Grades to Pass/No Pass instead.

No Pass in most colleges doesn't hurt your GPA at all.

Also, consider summer school.

Summer school usually provides you the required classes you need to graduate but are reputed to be easier compare to the rest of the year classes you have due to the cramming imposed on students and summer school teachers.

Why did you have to make this thread.
Feel so fucking insecure now :(

>having ads
What's it like being a normalfag and still coming to Yea Forums.
We're going to destroy your life and bring you down to our level for real and not just in the way you pretend for funnies to your friends.

Fuck maths. Made up non scene and the reason why I didn't get what I wanted to do in college

Anyone going into IT? I guess I am but I have no idea how much of a fit it really is for me. I sort of stopped taking classes for my degree at this point, I'm about to finish my exams for the Comptia A+ shit, and I hope I can use that and my very basic knowledge of pc hardware and OS troubleshooting and not much else to get a shitty entry level job and then go from there.

Problem though is that it seems like there's plenty of motherfuckers who are trying to do the same thing these days, trying to go into IT without having all that much to contribute anyway. I think I have the capacity to be ajunior systems admin or something, but I need to learn. I know I could do it, but I'd need to find a job where they'd be willing to show me how that managing the shit on windows actually works, and that might be hard if I don't already know how. I'd be going in with my only experience being dicking around with Windows, Linux, and Hardware at home, which seems like every other motherfucker on the Internet trying to get a job anyway.

Thanks for reading my blog post.

>Magic number
What the fuck? What's the point of learning about magic numbers

What even is this ancient Macedonian

Plagiarism is the first step to becoming a good writer. There will always be nerds out there comparing everything to everything but reminder what you used as inspiration is fresh for millions of people

I understand what the statement is saying but I have no idea how to put it into words

I mean Star Wars and India Jones are all George Lucas' fan fictions of really old film serials and good shit that was obscure at the time

>Y+6 =14
>Can you solve that? You're good.
h-haha, y-yeah, what kind of idiot wouldn't be able to do that!

Write a recipes book/bog if you like cooking but hate the stress of being a chef. I really got int cooking when I started watching Anthony Bourbain but every chef I've spoken to is always on the edge of exploding from stress

So what you're saying is you can get away with ripping off shit if that shit's so old that noone will sue you for copyright infringement because they're dead and/or the copyright has expired?

come on nigga

It's the Principle of Mathematical Induction expressed in second order logic

Stop false flagging as a retard

Hear hear. I was a dumb tard who thought they would easily make their way into law school in high school, and since you don't "need" math, physics or chemistry for it I skipped physics and chem and just barely coasted by the math. Now that I failed to get in for two years I finally realised what tard I was and went back to study those things properly. Aced everything, most likely going to get into comp-engi without having to do an entrance exam.

>>think I've got a really fun unique idea in my head
>>start planning it out
>>come across piece of media that's almost verbatim what I had in mind
FUCKING THIS. I've been mulling over a story I've been stirring in my head for years now. I finished the first chapter, but it took me an entire year to do so. A couple pages in to the second chapter, and I haven't touched the fucking thing since November. I know that nobody will read it, and it probably has too many ideas taken from other things, so what's the fucking point. I'll just drink myself to death and play Sims till 5 in the morning.

Attached: 1530822318023.jpg (790x767, 157K)

i literally could not give less of a shit about my GPA and summer classes burned me the fuck out
i have to work part time to survive and honestly if I took more work hours instead and delayed grad by a semester I think i would be in a way better state of mind than I am currently
anyways calc sets the foundation of the next billion math classes i need to take so barely passing with a P/NP seems counter intuitive
i'm just fucked, plain and simple

Attached: 1522201646645.jpg (960x537, 64K)

none of you should want to get into making games for a company, programmers are expendable as fuck and treated like animals

Attached: 1530109218946.jpg (500x303, 33K)

Being unique is a meme. All that matters is that you copy well and honor your inpirations

Attached: creativity.png (500x280, 99K)

>want to learn anything tech related
>go to youtube
>only poo in loos making shitty videos explaining basically nothing for 10 minutes

youtube is a mistake

Well obviously he changed shit just enough where you can't be held for a law suit on it. He stole a lot of stuff from James Bond and that was barely a 10-15 year old franchise at the time and the creator was alive

how do i get motivated to do anything at all
there's so many things i want to do, not just programming, and for some reason i just can't get myself to do anything and play vidya all day or go on the internet
i'm really lazy

block internet access to Yea Forums. Seriously

I'm in IT currently trying to escape
Its ok money. It's also boring as all hell and incredibly mind numbingly dumb. You get a entry position and its boring so you spend time to get another certificate to escape to a better position but its boring so you spend time to get another certificate but its boring so you-
See where I'm going with this?
Focus on the business/management side if you like the IT field. You make mad cash and you dont get fucked in the ass getting called by your boss in the middle of the night over some emergency. Theres a reason why an MIS degree (the only real IT degree offered) is like half business related classes.

> master assembly before learning C
> learning C at all
> implying that programming is worth nothing without calculus

Start by learning something easy and forgiving like Python or JavaScript in order to get into the programming mindset. Alternatively learn a more solid language like C# that will allow you to jump straight into Unity.
Never touch assembly. You will literally never need this. Same goes for C. You will need to learn C++ if you want to use Unreal, though.

You don't need to know a shit ton of math. You just need to be good at solving problems. If you can take any problem in your mind, split it up into a thousand small problems and solve them one by one, you will be fine.

Remember all those words floating around about being addicted to videogames or computer addiction?
They weren't a meme, psychological addiction is a very real thing and computers are no different, just like any addiction you have to ween yourself off
t. spent most of life online and just now trying to spend less time on the computer realizing how much I am hurting myself after each hour passes and not a single step was taken towards a career or future plans

Become a vfx artists and sit on your ass all day waiting for basic animations to render.

>tfw I'm 30 and don't know what the fuck I want to do
>planning to enroll in university this summer
>not even sure if programming is for me
>it's the best way to earn money nowadays in a first world country
>it's all so tiresome

Attached: 1517648769630.png (546x432, 283K)

Any way to learn to code by YOURSELF?
i'm too much of a poorfag to go into a school, not joking, and most of them are shit anyway (i did a stage at an ex-Ubisoft worker who told me that, guy also said it was a nightmare to work with them, and this was when he worked on AC2 in 2009.

There's various online projects that teaches you to code. Look em up.

programmers are completely expendable due to oversaturation. Go into EE instead, plenty of job security

user we all have our own way of going through life, it's never a cakewalk but we get through it. I mean I still have no idea what I really want to do as a full on career in life, but I'm still going because who knows I might meet someone nice along the ways and they'll help me figure out what I want to do in my life or how to be a somewhat better person. I mean some people say I could be an announcer, DJ, singer, or voiceactor. I have no idea if I should start a YT channel where I just make random stuff up and just read it in my deep voice but whatever happens I'll keep going because maybe I'll find someone or something that can give me meaning in my dull life. Also I'm still waiting on CrossCodes, Tf2s, and Terrarias next updates along with the sequel to TWEWY.

Attached: 1553836194143.jpg (1277x1021, 499K)

>Get published
>Only sold 104 copies
>Never write again
I keep track of it, my royalties that comes very rarely trice each year, giving me couple dollars. I feel so fucking shit everytime.

i also need to draw and all the shit...Fug, i just want to make weird games like Suda...

EE?

>it's the best way to earn money nowadays in a first world country
Not if you're an american.

Attached: 1555470797772.png (500x340, 218K)

programmer ageism is a thing, fyi

vector math and euclidean geometry is 90% of what you need
once you get a good grasp on it, ur good to go

Electrical Engineering.

electrical engineering. If you like computers, you can just use it to get into a hardware related job

Why do EEs make less then?

>get a bachelors in CS
>grind leet code
>do 1-2 paid internships during summers
>get six figures starting
It's literally this easy.

this is what happened to me but for drawing.

>WHEN I GROW UP I WILL MAKE VIDEO GAMES, I NEED TO LEARN MATH!!!!
>Start uni, pick mathematics degree
I think I fucked up

Attached: 1554900138746.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

>grow up
>spend endless hours and time making some shit indie game
>"succeed" in bringing it into the market as yet another shit edgy endie platformer game or what ever
>earn 500$ maybe after a year of it in market
>realise you've "earned" less than minimum wage
>realise might as well get a normal STEM job like a normal person, like your mommy told you from day 1.

Attached: 1510138588105.gif (500x350, 993K)

they may have a slightly lower salary, but tell me which makes more money: a life-long career, or a job that replaces you with someone else in a few years?

>flip coin
>land on mechanical engineering for my uni choice
>people tell me I should've taken civil or electrical if I want a more secure job
fug

I used to be bad at math and hate it. I just started "getting" it after putting like 300 hours into it and now it's much more tolerable.

Unless youre making a 'realistic' physics based game you really don't need to know shit beyond like pre calc.
What indie game is going to require you to implement integration?

you fell for the meme, I'm so sorry user

Attached: 1495095009989.png (512x512, 307K)

Just make models or do level design or something. You need fuck all math for that.

Attached: HAMMER.jpg (429x396, 35K)

I'll call you if I need an inclined plane.

Attached: med.jpg (426x463, 39K)

People just want you to have a basic understanding of your field. If you've proven you have that, no matter how limited, you'll be slotted into a job and be expected to specialise.

Reminder that UT and DU exist purely because Toby googled data arrays one day and thought "wow that's sick I wanna do something with that"

You could have a switch case with 6,000 choices and it wouldn't even make a dent on modern computers.
What it does do is make your code a pain in the ass for anyone else to ever manage, but if toby is the only one actually using the code that means fuck all.

Daily reminder that Kojima, Miyamoto, Miyazaki and Yoko Taro doesn't even know how to code. All you need is some talent whether its writing, drawing, or even managing a team and some connection with the higher-up to greenlight your game.

Most of you posting are people growing up and realizing you weren´t the next JK.Rowling or the next Steve Jobs. I´m not saying the praises you got as a kid were wrong, but either they came out in a way that twisted your perception of yourself or you took it in a wrong way and it gave you some special snowflake mentality. The greatest sin is that you didn´t do anything worthwhile while beeing drowned in a sea of other praised teens when you went on to highschool/uni.

Is really just all your own fault in a way. Don´t blame the teachers, the parents, or anybody but you yourself. Is not too late to realize you dumb dream, but is all on you, no magic pill or pixie manic girl to help you. Or die at 70 as an used up wage husk.

>not going on a roadtrip in a van with a computer, learning how to code or just learning how to design, while travelling the country in the comfiest way possible.

Only downside is the fucking food (forced to buy cheap shit) and the electricity (i was forced to buy a "gaming" laptop to not save energy.), i use internet by sharing with my mobile.

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 54K)

I wish I knew what I wanted to do with my life. I honestly don't think I want to do anything, all I do when I finish my crappy job is go home and consume. I have no drive to create, I used to draw for years but I gave up after I realised how shitty I actually was at it and how much effort I'd need to put in to improve. I'm nearly 30 and I'm basically useless.

Attached: 1482119632598.png (1440x1758, 2.03M)

The true super power is being charismatic and knowing how to manage teams of talented people for projects.

What is hammer

Sounds really nice user. Which country?

Real men do it the Suda way
the guy learned quite late how to code and was forced before to do shitty jobs like Undertaker.
Kojima do knows how to code...Well, he knew at the start of his career, i think he coded a part of Snatcher.

France, not the best country to do that, but i don't chose my fucking country.

not a single good programmer does this

Well at least it's not australia.

Instead of spending time on Yea Forums, go back to drawing again.
And don't do it for others, do it for yourself, or you'll never enjoy it and become great at it.

>electrical engineering

Attached: 1554249343363.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Source engine's map editor.

Attached: hammer_web20130801.jpg (1920x1040, 1.32M)

Hard work>IQ

you got a problem, frog boy?

Snatcher is a meme quote and there's no source to prove Kojima code it, what is proven is that Kojima was ridicules for his lack of knowledge to code in the early days working for Konami. Kojima is the ultimate idea guys, he has a vision and its up to his team to make it a reality.

The only reason I ever did it was for other people. The only time I put real effort in was either when I drew things for people or wanted to show off things I thought up to others.
Nowadays I don't really want to do either of those, so I don't want to draw. If I come up with an idea, I think about it to myself. Maybe I mention it on here, but that's it.

thermo, statics (taught by incomprehensible indian man), dynamics (taught by senile indian man) were the weedout courses for us

Back in the day, it was unironically easier to enter game companies.
Kinda funny is that a lot of old guys who worked with him, including since fucking Snatcher, stayed at Konami.
People meme his whole team followed him when the good majority is still at Konami.

Does anyone have the meme where the guy tries to sit down and program in the byond engine and just starts crying?

And you never looked at a drawing and had the slightest spark of pride that you created something? It was always solely about the praise it would get you from others?

>Had to take Calculus and Organic Chemistry for my major.
No wonder I have no troubles getting a job despite floundering for years.

>Never touch assembly
And if I want to make nes games?

Maybe a little bit but I never really felt satisfaction with my drawings unless it was something I could show off to others. I think that's part of why I gave up; after I realised how bad I was, I wasn't happy with the good feedback I got for pictures I knew were shit, so I would have to basically start from scratch and relearn drawing from first principles if I was to get any meaningful praise. And it was too hard and frustrating to do so (I'd literally start getting angry with every study I did) so I quit. I haven't drawn anything meaningful in about 8 years.

You have to invest in those skills yourself if you ever want to get anything done. I'm learning how to draw right now so I can make my own shit.

Technically it was, comments aren't compiled into the final program

Cry me a fukken river
>artfags saying they'll make vidya without knowing how math or how to code
>other programmers bend over backwards to make drag and drop shit
>basic shit with good art gets destined to sell millions
>meanwhile programmers without art skills are SOL
>2019 and the only CC/public art content worth using is still just music
>creatively designed shit with MS paint-tier art is doomed to forever be "niche"

Attached: 1551573221901.jpg (584x575, 50K)

I'd rather be a NEET than a slave codemonkey whose job is gonna get automated in 15 years.

Counterpoint: Baba is You

And you

>Fast forward to high school
>realize that i have no idea whatsoever
>start roleplaying on F-List instead and write smut stories for /trash/

Did any kid actually want to make video games though?
All the fat nerds I knew wanted to be a QA tester or journalist, yikes.

Attached: 36a.png (180x201, 57K)

I would love to, but i don't know where to start...
QA tester would only be fine for 1 or 2 years, no ways i'm doing that for the rest of my life.

I want to create things so i can make some people happy, but i'm lost to how to start. i have the ideas, but that's all..

No, the first code will actually be faster, as it doesn't have to increment x and then check it all the time, though some languages turn the second code into first during compilation, so there would be no difference. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_unrolling

This. I tried and studied and got tutored and tried, but I just can't learn it. I'm pretty sure i'm retarded but at least I gave it my all so smug cunts saying i should've bee'd myself have no power over me.

I think it all went wrong with the American school system...I used to be the best student in school but the teachers kept slowing me down with "make sure you show your work :)" and after a few years of it I snapped and could'nt learn shit. Oh well.

>implying i read that wall of garbage

Ackshually, on the scale of supercomputers, overly inefficient code WILL create serious energy wastes.

>Age 12
>Learn what programming is
>"Woah this is sick! I'm gonna make epic video games with that!"
>Turns out I like the programming part more than the making video games part
>Turns out working in the vidya industry is garbage compared to other software engineering positions

I was homeschooled and as a result am absolutely shit at math. My current job offers to pay for full tuition for degrees in programming for free. Is Math really that important for programming bros? The only other degrees they will pay for is Cryptology and Business, both of which I would suck ass at.

Nah you need math to get a programming degree
>inb4 college dont matter brah!
It does to big companies.

honestly this, all you need is basic algebra.

You will be messing around a lot with functions, and pretty much all languages contain algebraic syntax. You'll do yourself a huge disservice if you don't at least learn linear algebra, that is a minimum imo.

>know in my heart I'll never be a game dev, especially not in the directorial position I always wish I could be in
>still daydream about it every day

Attached: 1555451929805.png (407x654, 318K)

its chill. I like to work, and have lost all interest in playing vidya since gamecube, so youtube and Yea Forums take up my weekends while i eagerly await mondays. no joke.

I fucking love my job. I'm a software engineer and I love to build robots and make massive dummy-databases to write sql scripts for fun. I had to restart my whole econ undergrad to complete a computer science degree but it was completely worth it. Someday you'll all wake up and decide to just be productive that day "for the lulz/boredom/etc/" and it will blossom into a cravign for more challenge and success. Y'all'll be fine, it's just the internet. take control

Attached: 0zogmq3e4vbz.jpg (1536x2048, 444K)

How do you know this user, what is holding you back?

Attached: 1549196098465.jpg (425x516, 135K)

by poor he means lazy. that's most people's fall back.

Good. Have low expectations and you won't be disappointed.

What's holding you back from winning the lottery?

Don't worry user.
Some gyuys like Suda started late and look at them now
we are all going to make it.

Attached: 8-Bit_Travis.png (344x433, 66K)

>Know in my heart I'll never have a happy life
>Still daydream about it every day

Attached: 1526462143626.jpg (900x675, 223K)

Thank you based software-bro, your words are inspiring.

Attached: 1498260449970.png (911x856, 302K)

That's a completely different scenario though. You can always improve upon yourself, set up a plan and see incremental positive changes.

actual retard. amateur game devs are literally begging for artists because they know their game will be shit without good fucking assets.

this was always a let down when i got into programming.
I enjoyed modding and changing a completed product but making something from scratch never felt that fun.
I have a few ex game industry work-mates and they all say the same thing. Twice the hours for half the pay. The only benefit is the lan parties during lunch time.

Ironically the big ones abandoned college degrees last year. It still matters as you said, but you can get into a big company without one.
Guess it's only natural when college is an economic institution. You don't want your clients to cancel the contract midway through if they pay thousands.

qz.com/work/1367191/apple-ibm-and-google-dont-require-a-college-degree/

Um sweetie that shit only works for really good self taught programmers. I have programmed 5 apps for ios and android but did only 2 years in college. How many people want to hire me right now?
0 (zero).

>software engineer who doesn't know what an adblock is

Attached: 1555198777897.jpg (440x437, 73K)

valid observation, but i do block

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 3.54.09 AM.png (1092x772, 106K)

Based Kojima

stop being a self-pitying whiny cunt and start making your own games in your free time. If you don't know, learn how to. If you are as passionate about it as you claim to be, there is literally nothing in this day and age that could hold you back.
You have access to all kinds of premade libraries, assets, music tracks etc. And you can self-publish on a dozen of platforms free of choice. Fact is, it has never been easier to make a video game.
It's all up to you.

Minecraft
Undertale
FEZ
Cave Story
Iconoclast

just to name a few. those games were made by a single person and were highly successful and critically acclaimed. stop making excuses and start chasing your dreams.

Attached: 1373354812782.gif (500x382, 937K)

You need really basic math to get a programming degree. Like high school level stuff
>big companies care about degrees
Most actually don't give a shit about them. A guy in class secured a job at Google which doesn't require him to even graduate.

>highly successful and critically acclaimed
That doesn’t mean they’re good

>we make fun of YandereDev
>Toby has a fucking 600+ case switch statement
WHAT THE FUCK

except those games ARE good and if you say otherwise you are an edgy tryhard contrarian teenager. now go listen to bullet for my valentine.

Nigger I studied computer science, our math books were 500 pages for a semester.

And I've got a CompSci MSc and the only time I've ever had to use maths is when I took a course on 3D graphics.

>almost made a TF2 map once
>was actually getting it playtested on the TF2maps.net server
>realise the very concept of the map (adapting a CS map into TF2) sucks
>abandon it all

Attached: 1554724993772.gif (480x270, 138K)

Must have been a fake degree because compsci requires calculus etc everywhere

Everywhere huh? Let's see some examples.

No one ever told you this because you had no one to communicate with.

Or you go to furaffinity and earn money from furries

that's what all artists do

>Wanted to be a CS major out of high school because I wanted to work on games or be IT
>Too stupid and lazy to get that far in math
>Ended up brewing beer professionally even though I hated beer until I was 23
>Currently working on a BS in bio chemistry
I know this isn't my blog, but you never know where your true passion in life lies unless you try other shit out.
If you love games and want to work on them then you'll do whatever you need to do to learn that shit. Don't force yourself down a path that doesn't make you happy.

What stuff did it involve?

No it doesn't

Based Brewmaster user

Please tank in my group

t.filtered gender studies majors pretending they did compsci

Attached: 220px-Terry_Davis_2017.jpg (220x202, 16K)

>when I grow up

So is this true? Because I REALLY want to become a video game developer even though I'm trash at math, although I am willing to put in the time and effort to git gud at math too.

I should really just focus on creative writing, which I'm really good at.

>user thinks graph theory and matrices are difficult mathematical concepts

I'm working on a 2d megaman clone in unity. I have a tile set for the floor and platforms but what about the background? Do i just use a repeating picture or should that be tiled too?

>take computer science degree
>only then realise how much I fucking hate programming
haha this is great

What part of making/querying a datbase involves calculus?
What part of building a full website/server involves calculus?
What part of system programming involves calculus?
What part of Assembly involves calculus?
What part of OOP involves calculus?
What part of network programming involves calculus?

>gender studies majors
Why the fuck does a twitter shitposting major exist

I wanted to be programmer, but now I make living by sucking dicks and it's great.

Attached: uMkk1qhrnvoo1_1280.jpg (720x960, 52K)

>you need to be good at art to make a video game
Oney says hi

Attached: 87C034E8-2C55-4571-9BD7-A8FFAB682A75.jpg (739x415, 34K)

Look advanced match acts like brainlet filters in computer science degrees. To cull the non hard workers/ dumb fucks who are 'good at computers'.

Stefan Hawking here. Y=9

Where does this number come from? Post code

Most computer science degrees don't involve any advanced math. What are you talking about? Basic calculus isn't advanced

The 'computer' in computer science stands for computing (calculating) not computers (gaming stations). That's why math is an integral component of it. A lot of gamer dudes think the degree will teach them about computers, and get swiftly filtered.

You can still suck dick while learning to code, hell you can even suck dick while coding. Pretty much any laptop can run visual studios and unity these days.

But seriously, who would want to work at a western developer studio? The only ones that pay well are shit like Ubisoft, EA and maybe some studios that make Sony exclusive games. Who would want to work on that?
The main skill you would need to learn is japanese.

Biologist here. 5 year olds are scientifically incapable of planning that far ahead.

No CompSci degree is majoritarily theoretical. You have yet to adress any of the applicative fields I've listed.

Oney is a professional artist and animator
He's bad at programming

>learn a language from a xenophobic country and hope the xenophobic country hires you
Fucking why

ITT: women who pretend to have great video game ideas get mad at actual developers

Newsflash, your progressive non-binary protag who is trans is not a compelling story device.

Remember when he nearly lost like 3 months worth of work because he didn't know what source control is? That was fun.

i do think there is a need for "idea guys" in game dev, just maybe not as a paid position. you see, when you actually get into the design process of your game as a programmer, you naturally start to think in a very limited way due to the way your game is designed. you wouldn't even think of certain ideas because your game isn't built out to support them. instead you're inclined to add ideas that mesh well with your current codebase. this isn't necessarily a bad thing since it means you're just working well within the confines of your own design structure, but it also means that your design is bound to get a little samey and maybe even boring.

this is why a lot of well-done games often have such boring, repetitive design elements like 10 flavors of "fireball" in an RPG but nothing really crazy like "if you would attack a target with a melee attack from afar, instead teleport to its location and then swing at it", because it requires specific scripting and implementation, so any decent programmer would be hesitant to include it just for one ability. but sometimes that's exactly what you want, some form of antithesis to your own design structure to keep things interesting. that's why you kinda need those people who DON'T understand your design structure to come in and throw some ideas at you. but you would never actually let one of those people spearhead the game's design process because they're mostly clueless morons.

t. amateur game dev

god I fucking love this idea.

Binary operations are not calculus in any way, shape or form. Of course that's an extemely important topic in computer science but you could very easily get a degree without ever having to touch an assembly language. You're talking absolute shite.

Y is 22

That one was easy

Math is not theoretical? Yes you are write it doesnt help in programming, but that doesn't mean you can skip it and still get your degree.

This idea is done. Never tell people your ideas, it gives you the rush of having done it, without, you know, actually doing it. If you get a good idea, work in it unless it exists, don’t tell anyone

14 - 6 = 8

8*2019 = 802019

Y = 802019

>What part of making/querying a datbase involves calculus?
statistical analysis and mathematical modeling require calculus to analyze trends and behaviors

>What part of building a full website/server involves calculus?
not my field

>What part of system programming involves calculus?
system programming? u mean systems analysis? thats algorithmic design and needs calc 2

>What part of Assembly involves calculus?
constructing a compiler from scratch

>What part of OOP involves calculus?
vector calc

>What part of network programming involves calculus?
algorithmic calc (calc 2) for authentication protocol

good questions

Attached: 1508794661331.gif (500x450, 410K)

Is there a guide for learning how to do sprite art. I'm an artlet by the way. Never drew seriously.

Because you either work for pennies or make shitty games.

You don't understand, there is NO maths in the majority of software engineering fields (aka what you learn in the majority of your CompSci studies).

solve:

4(You)

Ok dude then I must be hallucinating doing taking 1 hour math classes every day for my comp sci degree.
Just give up child.

Let's hear what you're using those accumulated hundreds of hours for.

afaik a massive switch statement isn't going to be bad for performance. the way switch statements work is that they compile into a map and essentially run the same speed regardless of how many cases there are in the switch (at least they do with integers). it's just mostly a "why the fuck are you doing this" thing because you should never need that many cases in a singular switch.

yanderedev's incompetence isn't even comparable. maybe they're both clueless when it comes to programming, but yanderedev's programming is more like a malignant stage 3 lung cancer on his game compared to toby's harmless tumors. if i recall correctly, yanderedev lets every bit of logic fly off from the update function that checks for specific cases, which basically means his game is running massive amounts of redundant checks with every single frame of gameplay, which translates to a shitty framerate and other problems. but i only caught a glimpse at his programming so i'm not sure

For us it was ODE and Linear Algebra. Math seems intimidating to so many people because they don't realize they self conciously use it everyday. When you start asking the for third order differentials is when I can see people starting to jump boat. Calc. 2 was hard too because it was just setting up from the basics for later courses instead of applying it to real life situations. I struggled with it at least.

Since the thread is almost at the bumplimit I just wanna let you guys know I hope you anons get better I know you're tying at least a little or your best so keep at it!

Attached: 1552269860346.jpg (621x800, 99K)

>go to college
>they ask you to do a subject
>"heh I think this subject is irrelevant to my career path so I won't do it :))"
>fail out
>become a hobo

that's just not true my guy. trig and calc and stats are used often in compsci and eng. most software and machines built start as a bunch of algorithms and a poorly-drawn vector graph on a whiteboard.

if you can adopt other people's stories into your own stories without people catching onto it, and people like those stories, by all meaningful metrics you are a successful writer

hydrate often and be good

>statistical analysis and mathematical modeling require calculus to analyze trends and behaviors
Fair enough, although this only concerns the querying part and software engieering is more often about the making part.

>system programming? u mean systems analysis? thats algorithmic design and needs calc 2
I meant low-level programming such as socket programming, multi-threading, memory management, etc.

>constructing a compiler from scratch
Explain.

>vector calc
How is that related to OOP?

>algorithmic calc (calc 2) for authentication protocol
That's computer security, which is only tangential to network programming. I do agree that maths are an absolute must in compsec.

Thanks for reminding me, it's been a while since I backed up my work.
I lost almost 2 years of game progress because my backups all somehow got corrupted and I never checked on them so I didn't notice until it was too late. Bright side is it's easier to remake what you've already made. Bad part is a lot of it was really unique beautiful music my sound designer made for free and now he's dead from cancer. Shit was Plantasia tier good both in concept and execution. It's why I hold on to the hard drive just in case I can recover it ever sometime in the future.

You've been conned, my uni didn't demand we get balls deep in maths and I turned out fine.

this but with drawing
people told me I was good at drawing but the only thing I drew 99% of the time as a kid was my shitty sonic OCs I made when I was 9. they were the only things I really knew how to draw because of how autistically fixated I was on them until I was 18
I'm still shit at drawing anything else to this day, but I'm at least trying to improve and develop my own unique style. it's a fucking miracle that I haven't become a full blown furry somehow

hah lmfao i remember doing differentials and thinking man this is hard and then i somehow aced the test, literally like 20/20 score

anyway that was a year ago and now i've already forgotten how to do all of that shit

Am I still an ideas guy if I'm making the majority of the graphics?

Attached: 1518733447366.png (385x317, 20K)

>take computer science engineering
>fucking suck at physics and math
>get good grades in these two, but mediocre grades for all the programming ones
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

>compiler construction requires calculus
Gonna need you to explain how you came to this conclusion

Attached: nerdmonkey.gif (267x247, 125K)

You only need math if you're going to program.
The best way to get involved in "making" video games is to learn art, make art assets, and continue learning and progressing until you can be a designer.

Draw scenery, it's the easiest to get into and learn. It's also the easiest to make look good, so you get a boost of self-esteem and become motivated to do more which is what helps flesh out your basic techniques. After that it's just a simple matter of really earning perspective and anatomy skills, that's the true climb into becoming a good artist. Talent and experience won't be enough to make that hurdle, it requires actual self-discipline and study.

It stunk, but showing your work proved to your teachers you knew it. It also helps prove it to yourself, otherwise anyone can come up with a relationship and you wouldn't be able to prove them wrong. It becomes more valuable in later classes when you have a theorem that looks way too convenient to be true and you have to spend 4 pages of paper on proving that it is true. Then you feel more confident in yourself and can even manipulate what you learned into other relationships to save on time solving a problem.

Dude that's exactly how it works. Ritchie Blackmore has said he got the riff for Smoke on the Water from Beethoven's 5th Symphony and played around with it. While in this case it's clearly got enough of an original twist on it, all you need is something existing as the foundation of something new.
Go and look up how many times Led Zeppelin has been sued by old blues players.

Nice thread, everything makes a lot more sense now I realize Yea Forums is full of lazy quitters, who can come up with excuses to no end