Replaying Half-Life 2

>Replaying Half-Life 2
>Load up one of my saves
>Doesn't load
What the fuck happened? How do I fix? Pic related is what it says in the console

Attached: Screenshot_41.jpg (280x126, 21K)

by uninstalling and playing half life 1 or quake 1

by uninstalling and playing Half-Life 2: Update instead since there's literally no reason to play the vanilla. It's not even the original "2004 experience" because of all the forced engine updates that broke various things. Update fixes them.

>half life 1
Half-Life 2 is way superior. Even Black Mesa is better
>quake 1
Doom was better

But that won't get my save files back

Do you remember what chapter you were on?

>half life 1
Not even Valve's best game
TF2 > Portal = Portal 2 > Half-Life Opposing Force > Half Life 2: Episode Two > Half-Life 1 > Half-Life 2 > TFC > Half-Life 2: Episode One > Richochet > Half-Life: Blue Shift > All the CS games

I already tested it by restarting the chapter, the game for some reason just doesn't read any saves anymore including new ones

Did you verify your cache?

>steambabby solution is 'let Steam fix it for me'
Steam creates problems, it doesn't fix them.

OP, how's your disk space situation? If new saves aren't being made correctly then maybe the game is aborting the write because it reckons it's going to run out of space. Could also be a permissions problem, make sure the entirerty of that HL2 dir is read/write to all users.

Either way your specific save is gone forever (because it was never saved in the first place) and starting from the chapter beginning is what you're going to have to do.

>gets given solution
>wehhh irrational hate for steam
eat feet

Attached: 1555723652091.png (800x1200, 529K)

>Pic related is what it says in the console

Try it on your PC then.

>Either way your specific save is gone forever (because it was never saved in the first place) and starting from the chapter beginning is what you're going to have to do.
Well, fuck. I already tried reinstalling the game and using the steam cloud to get my saves back, now the game is back at Nova Prospect again. Is there any command I can use to get back to Entanglement? I don't want to play through the shittiest part of the game again.

>Half-Life 2 is way superior.

In what way at all? The physics gimmick is all it has.

Just played all the HL games and your old "cloud saves" are not compatible due to updates. Move on, if you want to play the games play from the start.

Boomer.... opinion they still old up.

>Better gunplay
>Better level design
>Better gameplay
>Better artstyle
>Better story
>Graphics still hold up to this day
Claiming half-life 1 to be better is literally "OLD GOOD NEW BAD" boomer mentality

have sex

>No argument

>Portal 2 and TF2 that high
Reddit opinion. The cake is a lie xD! THE LEMONS!!

>Game is bad because people I don't like think it's good

Back to RPGcodex you go

Every single one of these is outright false except for the last one. HL1 has better, more interesting and more balanced weapons, level design that encourages exploration and experimentation instead of being linear as fuck while pretending to be more open, better enemies that can respond to and counter your tactics because they're not slow as all fuck, and a simple sci-fi/horror plot that works and lacks the pretension of 2.

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
Fuck off, NPC

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Attached: 1541700219177.png (1667x939, 735K)

Listen to this man, he may not speak an irrefutable thruth, but his arguments carry weight.