How come Japanese fighting games have no sense of impact or violence to them...

How come Japanese fighting games have no sense of impact or violence to them? Mortal Kombat 11 combos and attacks look a LOT like stuff you'd see in a fight scene from a semi realistic martial arts movie, like The Raid:

youtube.com/watch?v=XAUj0cpxt-I

Meanwhile Japanese fighting games look nothing like that. The moves and combos don't look brutal at all, they don't even look like they hurt. It just looks like two cartoon characters slapping one another as tons of fireworks fill the screen, tons of screen shaking, and characters bouncing off the floor and off walls as really loud explosion sounds are played in some sad attempt to make it seem "brutal". Why can't Japanese get this right? I get that in terms of martial arts the Japanese pretty much get BTFO by Chinese, Koreans, and Thais, but come on, don't they have any pride in martial arts at all?

Attached: kitana's ass.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ikb6tB-ECqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit like that is why japanese fighters are always failing and NRS games keep outselling them. Japanese just don't understand the value in having fights actually look and feel like fights.

They're more obsessed with fanservice instead of making fun games.

It's an old example, but Darkstalkers has characters constantly getting sliced in half and blood flying everywhere.

Yeah but it looks goofy and cartoony there, and lacks any sense of impact. In MK 11 when you see Baraka stab someone with his blade, it looks and feels brutal and painful as hell. Q-Bee stabbing someone with her stinger in Darkstalkers should be the same, but instead looks weak and feels weak.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ikb6tB-ECqU

Capcom should sell the rights to Darkstalkers to NRS, I bet they'd do that series justice

nrs games are as much of a Fighting Game as Smash, they sell like hell because of their broad appeal, the autistic violence and the unnecessary abundance of single player content, when something is too popular it will never be good, like FOTM games, which MK is pretty much a part of

>autistic violence

But fighting games should be violent, since they're about fighting. Japanese fighting games don't feel violent at all, which seems retarded.

NRS is gonna outsell all this japanese CRAP

sam shodown is dead on arrival lol

nothing beat Tekken in term of impact feel

>Tekken
>the clunky game with people bouncing off the floor like rubber balls
>every single attack no matter what it is creates some loud metal clanging sound as if the characters are robots

It's shit.

what the fuck are you talking about? Lacking impact? NRS animation is the worst thing I've ever seen. I bet no one in their company know anything about animation principle. It feels like they didn't bother hiring animator and decided the programmers themselves could animate.

Mk11 is going to flop hard

>please buy our game, its cool i promise
No.

Raid 2 was so disappointing compared to raid 1

How come Western fighting games have no sense of risk reward and gameplay? We may never know.

Japanese fighters just lack that sense of impact like MK 11 has.

Play KI

>unnecessary abundance of single player content
>more content bad

Attached: DFF4FDDB-1F87-4F62-8E7C-B47AD4DD2FA0.gif (245x300, 744K)

Try again Boon, I am not buying your shit

damn, guess I'll just rely on the 15 million other people who will buy this game to bolster my sales

how's dem nuts taste, SNK? bwaahahahahaha

Now I am REALLY not going to buy it Ed

I was going to buy it
but now I wont just because of this post
I will make sure to screencap this so more people wont buy this

>make game called MK
>make three sequels called MK 2, MK 3, MK 4
>give up on numbering for four more sequels
>do a reboot called MK
>sequels to reboot are MK 10 and MK 11
fucking why?

You can't stop NRS, none of you can. Hahahahahahaha

Attached: goblin squat.gif (463x260, 3.6M)

>>do a reboot called MK
>>sequels to reboot are MK 10 and MK 11
Holy shit, wait a second, I get it. The reboot series is numbered in binary; the next game is MK 100.

>make a series called King of Fighters
>fighters in teams enter martial arts tournament
>Rugal holds tournament to kill people and turn them into statues, later to steal magic power
>later villain wants magic power to revive his god
>later villain are the other servants who manage to revive their god
>later villain is an evil executive working for a company using the tournament as a cover to steal people's energy
>these dumbass fighters keep entering kof every single year and being surprised when the guy holding it was using them all along

KOF literally has the dumbest plot and most retarded characters of any fighter

better than the shit in japanese fighters with female characters waving their arms around nonsensically as it somehow counts as attacks lol

Keep deluding yourself weeb.

Why do nrs games have the uncanny ability to attract retards, casuals, and minorities?

>Mortal Kombat 11 combos and attacks look a LOT like stuff you'd see in a fight scene from a semi realistic martial arts movie
LOL nrs still can’t even into basic animations . Japanese fighting games are still the only ones to take seriously

Attached: B7B49F5D-A4F8-4490-9A5D-66FA7AECC85D.jpg (693x977, 92K)

always interesting how hard this board shills nrs garbage for free

I'd like to see NRS make a non-nrs style fighter. A 6 button fighter in the style of Darkstalkers would be awesome from netherrealm.

Japanese fighting games look like goofy wacky retarded cartoon shit, MK looks like actual FIGHTING. Not that you'd understand, weebs never have been in a fight before. And no, Chad shoving you into a locker isn't a fight.

>actually, non-joking, unironically saying that NRS of all devs know how to do animations
holy fuck either this is made by a literal shill or you are just baiting here
>I bet they'd do that series justice
excuse me what? Capcom might not have the talent to put out another darkstalkers anymore but get your fucking head out of your ass if you think that NRS can even hope to achieve something good with it.
MK and IJ always fall flat at a competitive level because they don't know how to balance shit. Historically they are some of the first games to get dropped from Majors after a year or two.
I'd much rather see it still being dead than let those amateurs touch one of the GOATs

>balance

all fighting games have shit balance, so who cares

Welcome back Death Cargo fag. It’s been too long

you are either really bad or play too much NRShit if you think that literally all fighting games have bad balance

As opposed to ArcSys garbage when the devs ask you to stop requesting basic features and look down on you to the point they think they need to dumb a game down to 2 buttons to appease you?

They do. Don't even try to pull the T7 bullshit because the bears were rarely played and just forgotten because of their odd hitboxes. No one is winning shit with Gigas.

Arcsys games are way the fuck better than NRS games you mong.

I could sit here and insist on how much of an oblivious retard you are about fighting game balance but giving the fact that, of all arguments and examples, you resorted to the TWT bears just leads me to believe that your knowledge about other fighting games is either basic level or just recent events you've seen on youtube channels. I'm out, feel free to keep shilling for NRShit

At being broken and retarded?

Sounds like you can't even do a combo in them to save your life, scrub.

ArcSys can't balance
French Bread can't balance
Capcom can't balance
Namco can't balance
SNK? Lmao literal F tiers

>Fighting games are all combos
>Also I love 2 button fighters and games with baby neutral like my favorite ArcSys game!
Shut up

What fucking game are you playing that only has two buttons? At least know what the fuck you are talking about before you speak, idiot.

Mortal Kombat 11 looks like Komplete shit

The character design is boring and the fighting is so over the top that everything seems like a cartoon. It's like Ratfink

It's literally the Limp Bizket of the fightworld dude

Attached: 1554333539436.jpg (589x579, 61K)

is it?

you are a retard

Sorry they ruined your favorite game, I guess

I don't think theres many current japanese fighting games that don't have impact
unless you just mean blood and then Samurai Shodown has that covered pretty soon

Attached: e98c242a941805fa3a6df11d9f6f40b31c19af75.gif (480x270, 466K)

BabyTag has 2 main attack buttons and an overhead button

how did they

>MK11
>Limp Bizkit of fighting games
surprisingly apt

man you retards will fall for anything to hate on mortal kombat

I guess you're right- It was always pretty bad. Good point.

You never actually pointed out what you disagreed with. You just attacked me for some reason

so you have no argument only
>i-i-i-i it was always bad
now go back to falling for easy bait

Because people in fights have people constantly swaying while being "idle" and punching over a fence. If we're gonna bring realistic fighting games into it, then Def Jam: Fight For New York is the best.

I already explained why it's bad at my first post.

I'm not sure what you want from me here, man.

no you didn't you posted some retarded shit

Because they value gameplay over being brutal? That's MK's thing and it's cool but obviously prioritizing aesthetics has always hurt it in the gameplay aspect

>games have bad characters
>that automatically makes it shit balance
lmao what a retard.

Attached: 1555640364617.png (629x629, 204K)

>The character design is boring and the fighting is so over the top that everything seems like a cartoon. It's like Ratfink

>French Bread can't balance
UNIST has excellent balance. Events always have a big variety of characters and every character puts in work. Even Enkidu has had his time the sun.

>The character design is boring
nice opinion
>everything seems like a cartoon
did you get this and the kill la kill game mixed up yes i think you might be retarded

If Japanese fighters value gameplay then why do almost all of them have a cast of shit characters with bad moves and hitboxes then like a few top tiers everyone uses anyway? Balance in fighting games is literal trash. Look at Tekken 7, Devil Jin is so good learning Kazuya, Heihachi, or Jin is literally pointless. That's shit design.

The entire art style of the game is taken off of a slum tattoo shop wall.

Each attempt at a "Martial Art" feels like trash and every character looks weird and rigid.

Making everything super violent is just as trashy as covering up glaring holes with fan service.

The controls are clunky, everything is a risk, the block button is shit.

EVO Moment 37 type shit cannot happen in this game because it's a simple clunky fighter that doesn't have the mechanics necessary to be taken seriously

Attached: 1554665661258.png (292x291, 98K)

>games have only a few characters worth using
>the balance isn't shit

lol

>The entire art style of the game is taken off of a slum tattoo shop wall
fuck off you retard

Attached: baitality.jpg (797x338, 44K)

Do you have a Mortal Kombat tattoo?

the entire art style of japanese fighters is garbage anime shit so who cares? maybe we don't want to play as 8 year old girls and their faggy girlboi bfs?

what the hell is this guy on

Because brutality is not on the japs to do list. They hate extreme violence and gore. It’s not that the Japanese are missing the mark it’s simply that their culture doesn’t find violence as appealing.

>Because brutality is not on the japs to do list. They hate extreme violence and gore. It’s not that the Japanese are missing the mark it’s simply that their culture doesn’t find violence as appealing.

Funny, they found it real appealing during the sengoku era and WW2... what made them become such utter pussies? why make games about fighting if you are terrified of even showing any violence? their devs should stick to hentai fanservice games and let the west handle fighting.

Good luck out there shills.

I'm sure Mortal Kombat will be really popular like the last ones.

By definition the top tiers will be the most used at tournaments, you must be very young for your understanding of the fgc to be so bad

>SF2 has only a few characters worth using
loving every laugh

you said the art style is like a cartoon dont get mad at me you made a retarded post

The Japanese become egotistical after a typhoon “from the gods” destroyed half an enemy naval force looking to rape and pillage their lands. Since then they’ve felt unbeatable and felt justified to commit war crimes against “inferior” ethnic groups like the hans.

Until America nuked the shit out them. It shattered their egos and thus as generations come and old ones go we get today’s japan who shys away from all violence.

Define flop?
1 million total sells?...
Because MK has never had a game that flopped. It will sell a minimum of 7 million copies doubling games like Tekken 7 and almost tripling SFV.

>realism in fighting games

Attached: 6cf7151b01fff961e9d3dad1a3d32eb122fd9d1a-400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

more countries should be nuked
half the world needs a humbling

Have NRS program the game with capcom supervising and use Capcom's character designs to keep the anime look.

I could see it working

Nigger detected. There is nothing realistic about MK. X-Ray moves would finish fights or like half of the special moves. Go back to Resetera.

>mortal kombat
>realism

Attached: 1474335080969.jpg (389x389, 39K)

This, especially counter-hits

An electric is also more satisfying than anything in MK.

Bro panda won tekken world finals

If your point is that DJ makes the other Mishimas unusable that is also retarded, Jin is worth playing for f4 alone

its not allowed there, they start decapitating each other or some shit like that facts