Why are sprites so soulful?

why are sprites so soulful?

Attached: 1555166166935.gif (400x400, 176K)

The quality in comparison to the available technology

Nostalgia

Scizor looks fine in 3D. There's nothing special about sprites; it's just designed pretty well.

Attached: was going to be a fighter.png (1280x720, 1.27M)

Attached: 1553675806376.jpg (707x686, 319K)

Old thing good
New thing bad

no

most of the time yes

It's because it let us use our imagination unlike animated 3d models.

I wouldn't call it "soulful" but I do usually prefer sprites. Third Strike has my favorite sprite work at the moment.

Attached: (hugosa1).gif (349x452, 602K)

Because of uncanny valley.

the past was better than the present

They're cute

More of a handcrafted feel to them.

Attached: fio-monch.gif (500x391, 360K)

Imagine an advance wars game with sprites like that

Exactly they look so good

Attached: tumblr_mkwflji7ga1s3bc1no1_500.gif (500x500, 71K)

Sprite Pokemon games >>>>> SHIT >>>>> 3D Pokemon games (besides Colosseum and Gale of Darkness)

I wouldn't mind the models if they didn't a. wash out all the colors making everything look super bland and pale and b. ruining all the flying mons like xatu by having them all have the same dumb wing flapping animation

Never played Pokemon, are they worth playing at mid 20s?

meh. they were more like a childhood thing. might as well play an actual JRPG.

Probably not.
Hardly challenging and just lacklustre for your age group.

Only rom hacks with increased difficulty. Pokemon is essentially nostalgiacore, otherwise.

Because you know they had to be hand-crafted. With 3D models, they could be assisted by any number of advanced modeling programs.

Not really since gen 5. If you were already into it, then gen 6 was OK. Gen 7 is total dogshit.

FASTER

Speaking as a 22 yr old mega fan, I actually would say no. It's one of those things you'll only love if you grew up with it. Also the games since 2013 have been dogshit. If you're really curious, pick up Emerald, HGSS or Platinum
Switch 6 and 7