Is Iron Rain worth checking out?

Is Iron Rain worth checking out?

Also EDF thread

Attached: iron rain.jpg (1280x720, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5h_EJyHgXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

THE E-D-F DE-PLOYS

it's like a bootleg EDF made by people who don't understand what makes the main EDF gameplay so tight. wait for a sale desu

Attached: 1487242405975.jpg (960x540, 58K)

So it's basically another Insect Armageddon? That's sad to hear. The character customization and the new class looked pretty interesting but I guess I'll be skipping it for now, thanks.

Any news on the PC release for EDF 5/Iron Rain?
I've already completed 4.1 on Inferno and I don't know what else to do

Attached: 1545162753800.png (1000x667, 170K)

it's not as bad as IA at all. in fact, it's even sort of *okay*. it's just not as good as 4.1 or 5. it's worth checking out at least, just don't expect the gameplay to be up to the main series' standard

Attached: ePaxDXQ.jpg (1136x640, 77K)

None yet, but the devs have said that there's a possibility for EDF 5/Iron rain to release on other platforms so there's still hope for a PC release in the future.

Is EDF 5 worth waiting for? Or is 4.1 worth it?

>Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain – 55,573 (PS4)
That doesn't seem terrible considering how the game is and the type of budget that EDF runs on.

4.1 is great and so is 5, though I prefer 5

Is 5 just 4.1 but with more? Or do they stand alone pretty well?

5 is really 4.1 but better and more like you said, but honestly, you can still play 4.1 then play 5 if it's ever released on PC without feeling burnt out.

the volume of improvements 5 brings sets its gameplay pretty far apart from 4.1. none of the classes play the same between them

Attached: 34b8WCO.jpg (1152x648, 94K)

It’s pretty good. The new class is probably the best part of the game, and the aesthetics are on point. The final boss looks really cool too. The problem I have with it is that it costs money to use vehicles and other support items, although in the grand scheme it doesn’t really make to big an impact, it just puts a bad taste in my mouth to be penalized for using the vehicles. The worst part is how tanky everything is, bugs easily swarm over eachother while you get caught on everything, and everything has a melee attack that instantly knocks you over, building collapses knock you over too, and when you are on the ground enemies can still hit you

Plot wise they are completely separate too, and the aesthetics are also different

youtube.com/watch?v=R5h_EJyHgXY

At least the ads are good

Alright, that's enough for me. Guess I'll dive into 4.1

5 is great go with that one if you haven't touched the series. The new one Iron Rain is a bit soulless to put it simple.

if you have a PS4, you should play 5 first. but they're both great. played over a thousand hours of 4.1 and hundreds of hours of 5

Attached: T1wSqTZ.png (696x654, 942K)

WHY DID YOU JOIN THE EDF

Let’s talk about that later

I DID IT BEFORE I KNEW IT

Attached: chek.gif (404x416, 180K)

I sure would love to buy the games on PC

the director guy said he has plans for the future on it from an interview
some guy on the steam discussion board emailed the publisher and they said 'no plans at this time'
too lazy to bring up either

Baka gaijin buy ps4

It's a shame Iron Rain is the shortest EDF yet, but i'm sure that there'll be DLC missions.

Plus I've still yet to challenge HARDEST and DISASTER. You can get a fuckin TORNADO GUN.

I find iron rain to be way more difficult than 5, every enemy having melee and ranged attacks is really annoying, and every mission I do seems to give me a shitty missile launcher when all I want is a better ar and a high power sniper

After playing EDF4.1 on PS4, and then on PC, I just want to keep playing them on PC. Shame there's still no news of an EDF5 port.