AC Unity

Got it because of the church fire, last one I played was Rogue, which I thought it was really mediocre, felt like a shorter AC 4 copycat.
But this one really killed my interest in the franchise, jesus christ. The prequels were already kinda repetitive, save for black flag of course.
It feels like Ubisoft puked this game, everything they promised was done in the Ubisoft way.
The whole city is free and you can enter all buildings? Not really, you can enter some buildings and the game has like, 4-6 patterns for building interiors.
The gameplay and the AI? Not different from the other games, the NPCs are really fucking dumb, they will clip and glitch everywhere.
What did you fellas think?

Attached: AC-Unity-Free-Ubisoft-796x417.jpg (796x417, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y2RQ8YkqeEU?t=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Assassins creed died with Assassins Creed 3

>tried to write a charismatic main character
>he actually comes off really forced, like an awkward dork who watched all the Avengers movies and is now trying to act like Tony Stark
Sometimes i forget how bad writting in vidya can be.

this pretty much, back in the days they were all about historic accuracy, now the recent game has giant fucking snakes, fire horses and shiny sword.

>last one I played was Rogue, which I thought it was really mediocre, felt like a shorter AC 4 copycat.
AC: Rogue is literally an AC4 spinoff developed by Ubisoft Sofia. It was developed as a sister game to Unity, and released the same month, IIRC. The ending of Rogue transitions into the opening of AC: Unity.

Anyway, as for the rest of your points, AC: Unity was a deeply troubled production which overestimated console hardware and spent way too much time creating new tech instead of actually building the game. The final game is the closest AC has ever come to Hitman, but its messy production and audience fatigue with the formula (Unity was a sort of "return to roots" after AC3 and AC4) led Ubisoft to re-evaluate the series and pivot it towards being an open world RPG in AC: Origins and moreso in AC: Odyssey.

agreed.

Should have focused on Desmond in a Mirror's Edge type dystopia

instead we get was inane vapid bullcrap nobody outside of trailerpark americans care about. Boston was a shit fucking setting.

are the recent games any good? I've been avoiding them

No it died after 2.

The "back to modern day" cutscenes felt really fucking annoying and forced after Desmond.

Only Origins is good.

I've not a bunch of bugs and jankiness I hadn't seen in earlier ACs
Some light spazzing on characters, graphical bug like bright white lines between textures, and the biggest one yet, character got stuck midair with his arms flailing around.
I'm not even far into the game, just got to Paris. I can see why this game wasn't well received back then

Did you fellas liked revolutions?

The series started getting saturated after revolutions for me and I simply turned away from the AC series

Boston was a horrible setting in Fallout 4 too.

AC2 was the worst game in the series, yes. Ezio fans are the worst. They're the reason AC protagonists have to be smarmy and "likeable" now.

They're satisfying enough. I found myself enjoying Origins more than I expected. Bayek has a personality, Egyptian mythology is pretty cool, and the combat is boring as hell, but a step forward from what it was before. It's just a shame Unity was shit, because it had the best outfits.

Attached: 665ef09e026f3b8cd40061161e4e0b79.jpg (1172x1920, 294K)

Origins and Odyssey are excellent. Which one is more excellent depends on how much you like The Witcher 3.

like**

AC died with AC4. That was the very last time there was a good AC game, and it happens to be the best one in the franchise, simply due to the naval combat it has.

I think Witcher 3 is incredibly slow and dull. Spent like 20 hours on it before I quit, and with 20 hours it feels like I progressed very little in the game.

More like after 1.
2 shit all over most of things that made AC1 great and started the whole casual appeal of pressing one botton to effortlessly do everything along with bloating games with unnecessary shit.
Every single thing that is wrong with this franchise can be traced back to 2, even if 2 itself is way better than most of what followed.

No. They couldn't make use of Istanbul.

>simply due to the naval combat it has.
Which it took from AC3 and made worse.
AC4 was pure dogshit. People rightfully shit on AC3, but both it and even Rouge were still better games than 4.

I think this is the best AC. If you never liked any AC, of course you won't like it, because it's always more or less the same game with a different setting.
This is way better than AC3 or Syndicate for example.

>Did you fellas liked revolutions?
I will never understand Brotherhood/Revelations apologists.
They are literally 2, but with even more filler and padding to the point where neither has any coherent story at all.
Also, press x to instant kill from the distance with recruits, so you don't need to actually put any effort into stealth.

NEVER played an Assassin's Creed game before? What's the best one and can I play it on PS4?

Don’t know about it being the best one, but it legitimately has the best stealth/assassin mechanics in the entire franchise. The co op was awesome as well and the parkour elements are unparalleled. I wish Unity released in a better state so we wouldn’t be getting The Witcher 3 knock offs

>What did you fellas think?
The gameplay was an AC1 --> AC2 type of leap. They added an up/down parkour system which made it much easier to traverse the landscape and way more accurately compared to the old "Get stuck on a single ledge until you go down, move left once, then up again", the crouch system alone improved stealth significantly as did hugging walls, attacking areas filled with guards and getting detected had the entire group of guards converge on your location, enemies actually posed a threat, you couldn't counter kill only counter which meant having to play a ballerina, you couldn't use the Hidden Blade meaning no instant-counter kills, there were tons of equips to customize Arno however you wanted, there were the interiors to let you escape and attack however you wanted, you actually had multiple choices in main missions on how to tackle enemies, and a whole hell of a lot more.

Honestly, the biggest failing besides the story and Arno was how they nerfed the hell out of a the range of the guns, how no one questions Arno about his memory sucking abilities after multiple people close to the Assassin Council or even on it died, how enemies could snipe you without a notice from off-screen sometimes killing you instantly if you were a lower level, and those assholes with the hats.

It's a shame they basically panicked and did what they did with Syndicate because, while it had its flaws, it was a step in the right direction with the gameplay.

Also sticking with Ezio for 3 games instead of moving on didn't help.

>What's the best one
Different folks love different games. You'll find at least someone who claims that X game is the best in the franchise.
1 is the best for people with actual attention span, 2/Brotherhood is for the "true fans", AC3 is for basically no one lol, 4 is for people who hate Assassin's Creed (and themselves, because if you love a game with amount of trailing missions AC4 has, you're clearly into some weird shit), Rogue is for people who actually want to have a decent Black Flag.
Haven't played Unity, Syndicate, Origins or Odessey yet

>can I play it on PS4?
You can play all starting from 2.
Ezio Trilogy (2-Brotherhood-Revelations) and AC3 have remasters which are pretty shit, but rest should be fine.

The first assassination story mission where you're not railroaded sold me on the game pretty quickly. It helps that it looks great as well. I'm having fun at least.

Attached: 1551976789668.png (1365x2048, 826K)

AC died when ubisoft decided to make it.

If you like RPGs and ancient history/mythology they are great.
The problem is that they are not "assassin" games and the fact they are constantly trying to convince you that they are is extremely annoying.

Seriously, all they have to do is remove all the AC lore shit (modern time+ alien etc...) and replace that with more normal RPG stuff (and a better story) and you could have a great mythological RPG.

Attached: athenstour-01-portofpiraeus02-1534347045869_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

To be fair, these studios are probably doing their dream historical RPG games, and adding the AC label to get them approved. Who would have said yes to an Egyptian RPG? Fuck, they didn't even have the iconic hood anymore for these guys.

AC4 was a horrible AC game but it was a great pirate(feel) game.
great characters, great music and great feels
youtu.be/Y2RQ8YkqeEU?t=8

Attached: I cry everytime.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

I really wish Ubisoft could hire better writers, because apart from the terrible story, Unity is the most recent AC game that could be considered good.

Attached: 1436364772181.jpg (800x1064, 134K)

i like that you get called pisspot the whole game, so good. fashion is good fun, you feel like an assassin. the two newer games i feel much more like a thug. yeah its a little slugish and has some lame things, like repeating interiors and whatnot but Unity came out 5 years ago, so it shows its age a bit, but its not horrible. its not near as good some of the other titles, the co-op push was weird and never worked right but it was a cool concept and i wish it would have worked out better cause co-op AC sounds stupid fun.

I'm enjoying it. Haven't played an AC since IV. This shit is the exact same shit as all the other AC's except the city is slightly more dense I guess? I find the main plot hard to follow. It's not that it's complex it's that the random literal who characters they keep vomiting at me to kill goes in 1 ear and out the other. And as always the shit involving Abstergo vs the faggy rebels is annoying.

The last AC game I played was Syndicate and I wasn't too fond of it honestly. I heard Unity was a sister game to it so I'm not looking that forward to it, but I heard it look really fucking good.

This
The thread should've ended after this post

Syndicate basically backpedaled on everything Unity brought to the table. Rogue is the sister game to Unity, not Syndicate, and they both play way different.

I'm at chapter 8 and I really like it
It's my favorite AC

Yeah I know, the name is mandatory at this point but.. do people really care about the AC lore? Do people enjoy the modern time shit? The alien shit?.
I would trade that for a better story and more cutscenes in the main storyline any day

The cutscenes in Odyssey are ridiculously short and shitty even in the main storyline... but then again the main story is full of AC lore bullshit instead of something more interesting and fitting.
>Objectif: Find your mom
>30h of game later
>30s of cutscene
>"hey son, what's up? let's reunite the family ok"
>30h later
>30s of cutscene
>"you did it son, good job!"
And that basically the whole main story line.