This game is so fucking hard

This game is so fucking hard.
How am I supposed to feel my gamer superiority when I keep dying like this.

This fucking game.

Attached: Sekiro_22.0.jpg (1200x800, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/enBDsP5XXXA?t=113
streamable.com/tor5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but IGN said this game is easy

Holding block recovers your posture.

If you want to get away, consider jumping, it will cover more distance than a dash.

Learn to mikiri counter, it's incredibly useful against all thrusts (just press B, no need for directions).

It takes longer to master that’s all. You’ll see once you’re doing NG+ runs without Kuros Charm and Bell Demon. Going back to normal is piss easy after that.

not every game is for you
some games are just for players with skills

where do i find this idiot isshin, the watch tower is empty and emma keeps telling me to check for him, is my playthrough bugged?

>just press B, no need for directions

I wasn't aware of this.

Attached: 1555702952305.jpg (249x203, 5K)

i think the game actually tells you (left control stick) + (circle) but i never understood why it says that. does that input also work, or is it a mistake?

>Sword Saint Isshin past phase 1

Attached: DfgabBXV4AEKbl9.jpg (750x556, 47K)

Bad

yeah its the forward running animation when you press b that triggers the mikiri, you dont press b to grab it

which is why trying to mikiri when holding back or to the side is pointless because you dont do the run animation unless youre standing still or moving forward

Go where you fight shouty horse man, you have to talk to a guy in in a tower near there, on the opposite end of the battlefield to where the castle gate is. Then Isshin will appear back at the castle.

pressing B makes you do a forward dodge. If it's easier for you to think about it as "Neutral B to Mikiri" then do so, but it's dodging forward into the thrust that triggers it

This is actually pretty useful, thanks.

Still, this game is extremely stressing me out. I've never played any Souls game before (didn't have freetime at the time they were released), and I thought it being hard was just a stupid meme. Turns out they were real.
I didn't believe them because I'm pretty good at almost any other game. I even won a local Quake tournament back in the day, but jesus this is different. I thought my fast reflexes on that game was going to transfer to this one, but here I am just standing still like an idiot while the boss is preparing his one-shot attacks.
This game is humiliating me in front of my viewers, they keep omegalulling me.

Okay then, thanks. I guess I just need more practice.

easy mode in sekiro is new game plus
easier mode is ng2
baby mode is ng3
ng4 is a walking simulator

what pinwheel should i give to the sumo man?

white is right

The direction input makes it harder. If you make a mistake and dodge sideways, you're fucked.

Playing a Souls game wouldn't help you with Sekiro. They have very different combat systems.

White if you want him to continue living in peace.
Red and white if you want a global discount coupon at the end of the game.

The more you play it, the better you will get. The combat is very rythm based. Once you are familiar with enemy move lists, when it's your turn to deflect or punish, it gets much easier.

As a general rule, if you see the enemy deflecting your attack, it's your turn to deflect. For some enemies with slower attacks, you will be able to insert your slashes in the middle of their combos. If you can't find an opening, just keep deflecting.

Keep in mind, the bosses will recover their posture slower as you drain their HP. It makes sense to damage their HP before trying to break their posture.

Also, the significant advantage you have over every single enemy in the game is that your posture won't break as long as you keep deflecting, even if your posture gauge is maxed out.

Even when the enemy breaks your posture, it's not the end of the world as long as it's a single hit, and no the first strike of a combo. Most of the time you will have plenty of time to roll away, as long as they are not doing a combo on you.

Also, jump sweeps and double jump off of their heads when as a follow up, it does good posture damage and sometimes stagger them.

just block lol

I'm pretty sure enemies can't get posture broken when they deflect either.

Thanks for this user

Well, yes, I should have phrased it otherwise. Basically, you can go on with a full posture gauge for as long as you like if keep deflecting. Full posture gauge for an enemy usually means a swift end, they will rarely give you a series of deflects.

Also, the jump has the same i-frames on it as the dash, which are few, so you will have to time it well. Jumping away through an enemy attack to gain some distance works well when you get down the timing.

I feel like the only people who had trouble with Sekiro are people who used shields in the Souls games.
Learn to dodge, faggot.

how the fuck are you supposed to kill headless

Attached: 1432654655197.jpg (400x321, 23K)

It's a gimmick boss. Use divine confetti.

Subtlest of baits

Divine confetti to deal damage and pacifying agent to reset the terror gauge. If you deflect their hits, they won't fill up the terror gauge.

Is it bait because you don't like it or is it bait because it accurately describes your 2 IQ self?

Experience with action games can help. Souls habits can get you in trouble in Sekiro.

Really wanna play this but for some reason, it doesn't recognize my controllers. No fucking am I playing KB+M for this

This isn't as subtle.

Also remember that you can do something similar with the sweeps, just do a double jump without directions and you will deal a lot of posture damage.

While I didn't try it, I image kb+m works just fine. Left mouse button for slash, Right - block, and you're all set.

Lol, I'm 16 hrs in eith kb+m and it's still playable

you don't because other than achievments he gives literally nothing of value
if you're persistant, wait until late game and you can buy divine confetti, and get the purple umbrella, mist raven can also be helpful
but seriously you get like nothing of value

You get cool lore tidbits.

How old is Wolf?

alright, you get two things of value and neither help you so you should wait until late game

I'm at the part where my computer froze and corrupted my save file 40 hours in and it's really kicking my ass.

> 40 hours in
so you beat the game?

Can someone please explain this terrible Genichiro fight? After the first phase he gets some gimmicky lightning bullshit (awful game design to first introduce this mechanic in the second phase of a boss fight) and does a piss poor job of explaining it. What the fuck am I supposed to do?

late 20 early 30 something.

Git gud.

>tfw bad reflexes and terrible under pressure
SDT is amazing as all hell but damn if it's not kicking my ass way more than it should

there is some information in the room where you spawn that might help with the fight

>does a piss poor job of explaining it
It explicitly explains it TWICE in the run up to that fight, and it is as simple to execute as the explanation suggests. When he is about to throw lightning, jump, and then hit R1 just before you land. Hell I'm pretty sure you can spam it but you don't need to. It trivializes his second phase by doing a good chunk of vitality AND posture damage, AND stuns him.

Throw me some tips for the Corrupted Monk (actual) fight please, I suck at it. I can do the double stealth cheese to get by him but I want to learn this fight better.

Attached: 34b983b99a29f640956953c43c88d4a6.png (599x550, 185K)

That's not possible when the game pulls new, bizarre mechanics out of its ass in the middle of a boss fight and doesn't properly explain what the fuck is going on. A good game designer would have introduced this earlier in the level with some enemies that do the same thing.
I read the information, but it's completely useless. It makes it pretty clear you're supposed to do that stuff after you've already been hit, but at that point you're already dead so it doesn't matter. If you're meant to jump before the lightning attack even lands, well, that's not what the description says.

Deflect, just like any other fight, or do the double stealth like a good shinobi.

I cant beat long spear mangina

Attached: 1555449711781.jpg (800x800, 98K)

>"hmmmmm game goes out of it's way to explain some lightning techincue"
>"oh wow that's lightning, maybe do what the text said"
don't be a retard
don't be a

Twice

>I cant beat long spear mangina
Which one lol.

The text is extremely vague and you can't access it again after it is shown. Admit that it is bad game design.

>If you're meant to jump before the lightning attack even lands, well, that's not what the description says.
I'm 100% certain the game explicitly tells you that if you are hit "while in the air" you can reverse the lightning via [Insert button prompt here] so either you are dyslexic or just retarded.
Probably both.

>you can't access it again after it is shown.
lol what? literally 80 IQ

just mash L1 lmao

malcontent weapon + confetti.

If you are hit then you are already hit, so what is the point of the technique?

He's baiting no one is that stupid.

I beat him without lightning reveraling once, and I'm glad I did, because fuckin NOBODY ELSE uses lightning, so it's a useless skill to learn.

what are you at currently?

If you press R1 and send the lightning back then you take just a smidge of damage and the other guy gets whacked hard.

the worst part about this game is the load times between deaths

So you are not only so retarded you can't read, you are also so retarded you didn't notice that being hit in the air makes it so you don't take any damage until you actually land.
You are better off uninstalling the game because there is no way your retarded ass could beat Isshin or Owl(Father)

>jump and r1
what a hard learned skill wow

It's just learning how to respond to precisely every move. It's pattern memory. It's not hard. There is no challenge. The game expects you to know the answer when it is literally impossible to.

that's the way it differs from DaSo. DaSo you could dodge or block pretty much every attack.

Sekiro devs have one specific response in mind at the specific interval. You fuck it up? Start sipping healthies.

Games shit.

Attached: 1443068626988.jpg (1024x1024, 164K)

>Admit that it is bad game design.
everyone got it but you so you're just retarded
the game even felt the need to explain it twice and you skipped it both times, and you CAN access it again
they trusted that you wouldn't be so retarded as to miss it both times but you did anyway
even without knowing how he's still easily beatable, the lightning isn't hard to dodge
but if you reply with "please spoonfeed me user" I will tell you how to counter it

The message on the scroll is vague, sure, but that message that comes up immediately after the FIRST time you read, AND immediately before the first time you fight Genichiro, is much more explicit.

actually there are 4 powerups from headless that use spirit emblems.

shaman gives you health to emblem converter and something else. dun rmember.

jump into the lightning, LET IT HIT YOU, after it hits you, press attack and it will be redirected at the enemy
I had the same complaint about not being able to practice this technique until genichiro's third phase, and I personally find executing it a little finicky, but it's probably because I tend to mash attack button in a panic as soon as I jump into the air.

I believe if you mash attack before the lightning hits you, it causes problems in executing the technique. So definitely let the big, obvious jump lightning attacks hit you, by jumping into them. And only after they've hit you, start mashing attack.
Lastly, in dealing with this, you should consider git gud

Divine confetti + Purple umbrella. The final flame vent upgrade also does bonus damage to them.

They're super lategame enemies though and don't really drop anything super useful. I'd recommend mopping them up before you finish your first cycle and then never bother with them again.

>you are also so retarded you didn't notice that being hit in the air makes it so you don't take any damage until you actually land.
I didn't have time to get into the air, I was too busy being overwhelmed by shiny new mechanics being introduced mid-fight with piss-poor explanation.
I didn't skip shit. It's not my fault FROM is too incompetent to teach players the new mechanic the proper way.

Require consumable items. Rewards are shit and pointless.

Reminder that this weeb filtered 60% of the PS4 playerbase.
Literally the tutorial boss

Attached: maxresdefault(5).jpg (1280x720, 99K)

t. Guard Broken Niglet

>well, having 15fps makes reacting to things harder.

>Just roll away and repeat mashing L1

You're pretending this isn't viable response to every boss in the game.

Not really. You also have plenty of prosthetics that are useful in given bossfights, like Shuriken for lady butterfly, spear for monkey trouble, malcontent for demon of hatred, etc.

eh, I like fighting them. completely different pace compared to other fights.

and 50% of the steam player base. lmao

Attached: global shitterbase statistics.png (958x82, 13K)

Ouch.

Attached: 8p6L5Hi.png (333x334, 92K)

Okay you stupid cunt, HERE'S the fucking message that the game gives you (twice). Sorry it's for ants but it is readable nonetheless. What part of this is vague?

Attached: lightning reversal.jpg (416x225, 19K)

assuming this isn't bait, dodging is almost universally inferior to deflecting

It isn't and I ask you to provide video evidence but you are just going to deflect that request.

The arenas. The poorly designed spaces full of camera fuckery are the worst part of this game. Like ffs just give the game the open arena the combat was clearly designed around.

The mechanic itself is so vague that no explanation can do it justice. You don't just throw weird shit like this that has never been seen in a game before in the middle of a major story boss. You make an enemy that does the same thing, but easier, and use it to ease the player into the mechanic. It's game design 101 and FROM would have done it in any prior game.

Pussy tactics and unnecessary if you can deflect competently, which you should be able to do by Genichiro because you beat the first Centipede.

You expect me to go reinstall a game I beat to show and record me L1 wrecking the game?

Sounds like a tall order for something you can't discount.

I'm a Souls shield user. And yet i defeated Oniwa on the first try, Ogre on the 2nd attempt, 1st corrupted monk on the 3rd attempt, Owl on the 3rd attempt.

Attached: 1543181726348.png (645x773, 11K)

As expected. I can also make claims without providing any evidence to prove it user.

there are only 2 places where camera truly fucks you and not your shitty positioning. 1 is lone shadow where you started the game and the other is lone shadow on the great serpent bridge bonfire. all other times its 100% your fault.

I'd say it's the opposite. Deflecting is the best, but blocking is generally better than attempting to dodge, especially since not a lot of enemies punish your posture breaking properly.

it seems like ds4windows is fucked for the game, inputmapper works perfectly for me

You're really grasping at fucking straws here. It's alright to admit that you are wrong on occasion. I'm probably more of a shitter than you at this game, I died fuck knows how many times on pretty much every boss. But on THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE, you are wrong. The mechanic is not vague, it is as simple as the tutorial suggests.

I think you have to actually unlock in the starting skill tree first

But yeah Mikiri Counter is the shit, does massive posture damage

Attached: swordheader.jpg (694x350, 137K)

Me beating the game doing this is proof. I can go pic my chieve, hun.

>(just press B, no need for directions).
No fucking way, i keep accidentally dashing into thrusts because i thought you had to press forward

Fuck

Attached: 1555372466093.png (239x254, 130K)

Enemies in this game generally speaking have much faster combos than enemies in Souls. You can dodge through standalone moves sure, in many cases it is beneficial to do so, but if you just try and dodge everything then you will just move straight into a follow-up attack the majority of the time.

Sweetie I can also go take a screenshot of my achievements and claim I beat this game with only mashing R1 but that doesn't mean that is what actually happened, just like you and your bait.
This is my last (you) to (you)

Bloodborne is the best from software game prove me wrong.

as long as you dodge towards the thrust with the right timing it works. Sekiro is different because the default b dodges forward, not backward.

neutral dash is forward dash. So if you're dashing forward and still getting hit by the thrust, your timing was probably a little bit off. WIth some of the shinboi hunter's thrusts it's easy to fuck up and dash too early. Try practicing on hanbei, he's got a "countering thrusts" option once you learn mikiri.

The mechanic isn't really vague.
>if you're grounded when lightning strikes you, then you'll be stunned
>if you're not, then you can redirect it by hitting RB before touching the ground
Pretty straightforward. Jump before lightning strikes you, hit RB immediately after.

>actually there are 4 powerups from headless that use spirit emblems.
it's MUCH better to use the candy then the spirit fall
the spiritfall is more of a backup if you use 3 candy without resting
they last half as long and cost spirit emblems
and there's actually 5 btw

>shaman gives you health to emblem converter and something else. dun rmember.
shichimen warriors give you various items but there's only 3 of them
their rewards are much better and their fights are much easier if you have purple umbrella and projected force because the umbrella takes zero chip, posture or terror damage from any of shichimen warriors attacks (and you can hold it for as long as you want), and projected force gets a massive damage boost after blocking projectiles. they're literally the easiest boss when you have purple umbrella + projected force

>I didn't skip shit. It's not my fault FROM is too incompetent to teach players the new mechanic the proper way
except you did user, so say "ahhh, please spoonfeed me user" and I'll tell you
or just fucking dodge the attacks since they're heavily telegraphed
stop being a little faggot bitch and blaming the game because you're too retarded to read when the game PAUSED to tell you how to do it, even if you didn't read the thing from earlier
the mechanic is so easy that it makes the two bosses and one enemy that use lighting (aside from a gimmick boss) piss easy because of how much it rewards you for little to no risk

So because I reduced your game to a qte mashfest you plug your ears and screech like a baby?

lol ok. concession accepted.

This game is more about determination than skill. Game forces you to learn the movesets but once you have them down you'll beat the bosses with plenty of health to spare.. except Isshin, fuck that guy (not really). I'm a very mediocre gaymer and I eventually made it through the game.

go to the trainer dude at the temple.

Attached: 1447519108084.jpg (550x448, 63K)

Every human boss is beaten by running full speed circles around them and and hitting their back 2-3 times.

No blocking, dodging, etc. necessary.

This game is pathetic and easier to break than Souls.

I just started my first NG+. The only bosses to really give me a problem were that first seven spear guy near the beginning area and Sword Saint. Is NG+ pretty rough for an average sekiro player?

Attached: 1555378430354.jpg (630x630, 59K)

another user in another thread said you can actually deflect the attack in the air if you have the requisite skill, and still reverse it on him when you land. im not there so i cant confirm

No. I died a ton in reg game. I've 1 shot everything except monkey that took two tries. I did Shura ending so can't account for the rest.

Yes you can go ahead and try that and maybe win after 20 mins or you can learn how the play the game and win in under 5.

It's only hard at the beginning. By the second monkey fight I was usually done with bosses on first/second attempt. You just gotta learn the rhythm, deflect well and chill your posture via blocking.

Also, the fuck was that?

Attached: 1541329495066.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

>playing on console
i have it installed on probably the cheapest external 2 TB HDD from 3 years ago, and usually i have just about enough time to read two loading screen tips before im back in

Some Japanese mythological thing probably

NG+ should be easier because you yourself are better and having many gourd charges as well as good prosthetic tools helps a lot.
Only Isshin was pounding my asshole extra hard in NG+ because at this level he was actually consistently breaking my posture whenever I missed a deflect which meant he would execute me 9 times out of 10.

even isshin gets easy once you get used to him. it took me like 3 hours to beat him my first time but now i can beat him my first try usually.

>Also, the fuck was that?
Not an argument.

Somethimg to do with marriage and tying knots I imagine.
Possibly temple bells.

Ok retard

OHHHHHHHH that makes sense

Attached: 1530086052676.png (896x843, 881K)

I missed 2 prayer beads because I got the normal ending. I know 1 is from Owl in Hirata, but what's the other one?

juzou from hirata when owl is there.

its pattern memory that requires the skill to effectively counter once you remember the pattern. even then, if you have good enough reflexes, you can deflect most of everything while you discern the pattern of attacks. the challenge is mostly timing and remaining calm under pressure to not fuck up

What the hell is Kuro's charm?

Crap... You can fight him a 2nd time?

See, I keep hearing there is a noticable difference in posture and maybe health damage. Extra difficulty is fine, I just don't wanna be one-shotted alot. I only lack one health upgrade so maybe I'll be alright.

That guy clearly didn't beat the game. He did a couple stealth kills and probably fought a miniboss the wrote his half assed review. It's not difficult but he said it's the easiest of all the soulsborne which is an outright lie considering you can outlevel content in those.

I wouldn't say you get one-shotted a lot unless you are on low health to begin with and against specific attacks.
The most notable things were definitely posture damage and that if you were using guarding as a crutch or were generally bad at deflecting then you are going to feel the pain in NG+ because your guard will be broken a lot.
But that is generally not an issue if you've gone through the game once already because you should be pretty good at deflecting by then.

yes, by going through the dialogue where owl is at hirata estate, you spawn another juzou

Also, because 2nd owl is on the same path as default ending (break iron code, go to divine dragon), and 2nd ending is just a choice you can select at the end, it's possible to get all 40 beads on new game rather than NG+

they're just backlogging it

You did get midair block, right? Block the attack, throw the lightning

Alright Thanks

isn't the candy basically worthless though (except for maybe the one that halves your HP/posture and increases your attack damage a lot)?

i never noticed any kind of significant difference after using any of the candies.

yeah you can learn how to cheese pretty much any game if you really want to. it's much more fun just to learn how to play it though.

Very cool. Thanks user.

I don't get how anyone who was ever decent at souls games has a problem with this one.
It's tough for like 2 hours but then you figure out what to do and it's fine. I fucked up my first time through and was apparently going to get the bad ending and miss the last area or whatever, so I restarted and I was one-shotting most of the bosses that fucked me up the first time.

I'm mad cause there are so little enemy that actually uses it, same goes with the armor stripping, I felt like a big brain before attempting to use the spear on roberts dad.

I got back to the castle when it gets invaded and Owl's there. I haven't tried the fight too many times because i got to it before without getting the castle checkpoints back up but any tips? He seemed to do almost my entire HP in one hit

there are 2 prayer beads that you get from revisiting hirata to fight owl 2 for the purification ending. one of those ninja minibosses and juzou again.

>vague
>weird
>"you can deflect a lighting attack with a huge windup back at the enemy if you're in the air"

what about this is complicated?

ungo (vitality) can save you from one hits
sneak one is pretty good for certain areas
ako (damage) is good for bosses like ogre or DoH, and if you're confident you won't get hit then the yashariku (double ako's effect but half vitality and posture) is good too, but they are all small buffs
spiritfall versions are just garbage compared to their candy versions, and even then the candy isn't that great
that's what I'm saying though, headless aren't worth fighting unless you want juicy lore and to kill all bosses
they don't even give much xp and they give no sen
they're just a waste of time to fight early on and better to deal with later

Those things are basically the Japanese equivalent of voodoo dolls, if you want to place a curse on someone you make a straw dog, tie some of their hair into it I think and then drive nails into it. Not really sure how it relates to weddings or fountainhead, but it was my favorite cutscene in the game and made me really hopeful it was about to make a leap into a second half that was full on high fantasy and mythology.

>finally beat phase 1
>he pulls out a fucking gun

>straw dog
meant doll

>made me really hopeful it was about to make a leap into a second half that was full on high fantasy and mythology

yeah that would have been cool. i think my only major complaint was the fact that sekiro was a little bit short and they reused bosses a couple times. fountainhead was a cool area with unique enemies but not exactly that much different from the rest of the game.

Don't use thrusting attacks against him.

>reused bosses a couple times
bit of an understatement, I think there's only like 5 bosses/minibosses that don't show up multiple times.

Daily reminder that if you aren’t playing without Kuro’s Charm and Demon Bell activated you are a little baby.

yeah, i mean i don't really count minibosses and understand reusing them to pad the game a little bit. using corrupted monk/genichiro/guardian ape multiple times was definitely a little lazy though. i'm sure they had a cut boss or two i'd rather they just throw one of those in there even if it's not as good as the rest of them because at least it'll be different.

You need to watch for the single shuriken/long range sweep combo. That shit is his only real OHKO bullshit move, as long as you don't let him mikiri you.

>Play single player game.
>Punishes you, gives you no real incentive to even play.
>Download trainer/use cheat engine.
>10X more fun.
No reason to git gud at all, it's like wasting time on a clicker game legitimately for 2 years when you can just use speed hack.

Attached: 08702107.jpg (300x321, 31K)

You forgot Gokan’s sugar/Spiritfall. This one is the best one for when playing with Demon Bell since enemies do huge posture damage.

>he needs hacks to git gud

Hahahaha pathetic

i did a NG+2 run with the demon bell & without kuro's charm and had to remove them for isshin. i brute forced my way through every other boss even though it took fucking forever and i couldn't make more than a couple mistakes but sword saint was just ridiculous. his second phase timing is so tough to get down for perfect deflects and if you miss one you get staggered and one shot. as soon as i took them off i beat him first try. perhaps i'll try it again on NG now that i can start a new playthrough without the charm.

i didn't forget it I just thought it was the least useful
would have been the best if it made you take no posture damage on a successful deflect
and for people who do charmless it does nothing about chip damage
it has it's uses though

Use Gokan’s sugar/spiritfall. Very helpful.

imagine being this much of a fucking spineless faggot
most of us don't need an extrinsic reward as an incentive, the game itself is the reward
go fuck yourself casualscum

Stealth one is great.

It lets you backstab the ogre. It's that good.

i already beat him without the charm and the demon bell but i'm gonna play the game again in a few months probably to get ready for the inevitable DLC so i'll give another shot at doing the full game with the demon bell and charmless for NG.

What? The sugar that reduces your posture damage is much more important than the sugar that reduces vitality or increases your damage, precisely because you build up posture damage even with perfect deflects. If you play with Demon Bell activated it’s a godsend because it reduces the ridiculous posture damage bosses and enemies make. You should use it more.

>game punishes you for your mistakes
heaven forbid

yeah i forgot about the stealth candy. i think that's the only one i used more than a couple times. the other ones didn't seem to make much of a difference.

it's pretty fucking hard. but it's definitely not impossible. you just have to git gud scrub

Later enemies and a couple bosses use lightning.

git gud, you can block / parry 100% damage in this game from almost all attacks and you have infinite stamina for attacking, running and dodging

>pussy tactics
it literally tells you to do it IN THE GAME

>git gud at a single player game.
>git gud at something completely useless.
Unless you stream the game, or speedrun it, waste of time, even more so when the game is shit, stop fellating Myazaki.
>the game itself is the reward
Not when you don't enjoy it it isn't.

Attached: 1443906849093.jpg (600x782, 43K)

Download a trainer and beat it like everyone else on Yea Forums

>restarting

Duude. Shura ending has two completely unique bosses and since they’re the last part of the game you not only missed out you basically wasted your time because you could have easily just got that ending then restarted anyway with new game plus and got another ending.

>any enemy that uses thrust attacks
>free 10 second long counterattack window that deletes their posture
>mfw fighting Ass Hina Seven Spears
Why is this allowed

Attached: 1555694998185.png (437x86, 64K)

i hadn't beaten the first centipede by the time i got to genichiro. i went from gyoubu to lady butterfly, to genichiro. the centipedes are in senpou temple and sunken valley.

Emphasis on deflecting made the standard Souls strategy of dodging and countering useless in this game. It's an interesting choice but it really cuts down on your options as you could still parry in in Souls. Now you have only one option and if you're not good at it you're fucked

>git gud at something completely useless
>he doesn't have any passion to be good for the sake of enjoying the game
it's more fun you fucking retard
challenges and overcoming them is fun
buying a game and thinking "boy this is going to be useful" is about as retarded as it gets
>Unless you stream the game, or speedrun it, waste of time
>streaming
>speedrunning
>not a waste of time
I don't buy games thinking about the profit I'm going to make by streaming it so all my viewers wasting their time can get mommy's credit card and donate to me so I can recoup the cost of buying the game
>Not when you don't enjoy it it isn't
what a fucking faggot
you could have just said you don't enjoy hard games and that you're a disgusting casual

I'm so glad this game was good, bros.

Attached: 1484825668250.jpg (645x773, 87K)

Anyone else body the guardian ape? Got this nigga in 2 tries. Meanwhile I think i'm up to like 7 against the corrupted monk. Dude just doesn't take posture damage.

Anyone here been watching the blind playthrough of seraphim17?

Same, I think it's just a question of play styles since the ape gets fucked by aggressive play and the monk doesn't at all, and I've seen other people who play much more defensively struggle hard on the ape after beating the monk in one try.

>Dude just doesn't take posture damage
No but he's got a pretty generous number of openings for chip damage IIRC. Do some damage and then start parrying.

Guardian ape killed me a number of times on new game. Same with corrupted monk.

One shotted ape new game plus easily and I found out you can assassinate monk on first two phases making it a one phase fight also on new game plus.

What's the point of getting more resurectino power if I can only do it once per fights anyways?

How do you beat the Shichimen Warrior in the abandoned dungeon? There isn't a single moment in which you're allowed to attack him.

I spent like half the ape fight sprinting at him so yeah I can see this being a play style thing.
Thanks to and I now know posture depletes slower when they're injured. I'll try that + a more reactive play style.

Once per phase* if you die in phase one you can’t resurrect until you finish phase one. Then phase two you can resurrect again. Same with phase 3. This is assuming you have all your res bars full.

I just did this fight yesterday. Use Divine Confetti to get a big damage boost agains him. He's actually not that bad, when he does his stream of small projectiles run diagonally towards him and to the side to avoid them and then you can land hits straight after, he has a ton of openings once you learn to move towards him whilst avoiding projectiles.

Also apaprently the anti-air deathblow can insta-kill him but I didn't do that strat

Phase like doing a dealthblow or phase like the genichiro fight? Only 1 circle is full at the begining of the fight.

It's so good. The journalist asshurt is just sweet, sweet icing on the cake.

A lot of his shit can't hit you at point blank so if you just run diagonally towards him when he does the beam or the rapid fire skulls you'll only have to worry about his big spheres and melee swings. The rapid fire will sometimes look like it might hit you, but if you're at touching distance his staff will just pass through you and start spawning the skulls behind you so you can hit him for free.
You can also sometimes anti-air deathblow him when he jumps to do mid-air attacks but I don't know which of his moves specifically that's allowed on or the timing for it, it just seems to happen randomly.

I bought Sekiro yesterday on the PSN store. I can't even kill the chained ogre. I loved every souls game I played but this game just isn't enjoyable. It's too difficult to fun to me. I can't even get a fucking refund.
What a waste of money... I honestly wish I just bought Days Gone instead...

If you die and then you deathblow a strong enemy/boss you will be able to die again. That's it I think. However I never experimented with the bite down thing which supposedly kills you and you get one revive. I don't know how it works.

Use divine confetti, dodge fear spells while sprinting towards him, wreck his shit. He might try to hit you with his staff so be ready to deflect. If he jumps try to do a anti air deathblow if you have that skill. If he disappears he will appear at the other side of the arena and cast a fear kamehameha, dodge by running to the side. Rince and repeat. Also if you have the anti fear umbrella the fight becomes even easier.

Deathblow. And yeah you need to refill the bars in order to be able to use them in the first place. You can refill them by farming enemies. Cockroaches are a fast way to refill your res bars.

Confetti + anti-terror buff + go ham

>mfw Sword saint
I shouldve gone for the other ending. Fuck this fight. Half the time i cant even kill Genichiro

Attached: fuckmeup.jpg (295x229, 9K)

Chained Ogre is a fucked cunt with Dark Souls 2 grab hitboxes, try jumping instead of using the dodge button and just play like an ultra coward. After him things get much easier and less frustrating for quite a while.

The game gives you a shit load of options if you don’t want to brute force everything. If you eavesdropped the game explicitly tells you the chained ogre is weak to fire. Go look for the fire prosthetic and come back. You don’t have to bang your head against a wall when the game clearly is giving you another option.

Shichimen Warriors are weak to divine confetti. You can destroy the spirit balls with it. Having pacifying agents is a great boon as well.
The Lilac Umbrella also is great for blocking bigger attacks. they're also vulnerable to Anti-Air Deathblows.

Don't worry too much about it and keep trying. As someone that's currently doing a ng+3 with demon bell and no charm, I still have a hard time with the ogre, he's just the most bullshit miniboss in the game with ridiculously tracking grabs that one shot you. If you beat him the rest is more doable, trust me.

>wish I just bought Days Gone instead..
lol

its a gimmick fight. Throw oil on him, then light him on fire + use terrain to abuse him.

The grab hit boxes are DS2 tier.

Its ok, m8.
50% of the playerbase didnt get past the first boss.
Nothing wrong with being mediocre.

>Half the time i cant even kill Genichiro
You haven't got a hope against Isshin until you've got to the stage where Genichiro is literally trivial.

What’s giving you so much trouble with genichiro?

I did eavesdrop and I haven't come across the fire prosthetic so I assume I just haven't looked hard enough. I will do that.

Okay, I won't give up yet. I will keep trying, I didn't think about jumping away instead of side step dodging. Thanks for the tip. And yes, the fucking hitboxes are ridiculous. I dodge perfectly sometimes and he warp grabs my body and kills me. I still don't understand death in this game, apparently people are getting sicker and why is it when I die I can resurrect myself once?

use fap sneeds, fistfuls of ash and firecrackers on corrupted monk for stuns, snap seeds do damage and stun
go for vitality, same with ogre and ape

See this faggot? Bully the shit out of him.
Then when he tries some of his own bullshit, bully him more.

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-How-to-Beat-Genichiro-Ashina.jpg (1280x720, 247K)

Okay, I will just keep pushing on. Playing Sekiro is making me want to replay Bloodborne again, honestly. But you and others say the ogre is just bs and the game gets better. I just need to learn the ropes I guess. Also, is Days Gone going to be just another boring free roam zombie killing game?

Okay, I don't remember if I came across oil but I try to explore. Do I need this fire prosthetic once I use oil on him or is there another way to set him alight?

The resurrection thing is the game's core gimmick, it basically just lets them give more stuff "instant kill" attacks to make them seem super threatening. Don't worry much about people getting sick, it becomes very easy to fix later and really doesn't affect you nearly as much as it first seems.

Owl1 > Owl2

Is the chained ogre considered the first boss? I loved all the souls games and bloodborne but I just don't have the patience like I used to with difficult games... I wanna get my moneys worth so I will stick it out.

Genichiro > both

I'm making progress

Attached: 1534552443543.jpg (2560x1440, 859K)

I think you could lure him into a fire, but I don't remember if there is one that early in the game.

It’s a mini boss.

ONE

How does this game compare to Bushido Blade?

>mfw got filtered by genichiro but used achievement unlocker to unlock all achievements on steam

Attached: 1340452157877.gif (333x194, 1.69M)

My first playthrough, I tried luring him in that fire on the left side past the stairs. He didn't give a shit and just walked through it.

Wtf is wrong with you? Are you some sort of ugly village retard?

Well this time around it was so easy for some reason. Fuck you dad.

Attached: 1531593400429.jpg (2560x1440, 711K)

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

I beat the game with the least effort possible and I got achievements to prove it.
How about git gud, nigger.

hold left stick up for best results if you're the kind of person who wants to keep moving nonstop

Rooftop dad has nothing on the other option. Fucking the iron code if it means having to deal with Emma's bullshit.

>I beat the game
>got filtered by genichiro
>I beat the game
> used achievement unlocker to unlock all achievements on steam
>I beat the game
>I beat the game

I have some devastating news for you, user. You may want to sit down...

>death of a shadow
>shadows die twice
>its the second time Owl dies in the game
Like pottery

Attached: 1553370050737.jpg (500x508, 17K)

>The mechanic itself is so vague that no explanation can do it justice.
Hit RB when struck by lighting in the air. That's literally it. You must be fucking retarded.

Lol have sex, incel.
Fucking loser.

That reminds me, does anyone understand the memory bell that lets you rematch Owl. Like did that fight happen the first time? Did you time travel to fight him meaning it didn't happen until you got that bell? In both cases why is he still alive? How did Owl get a time traveling bell? With the first bell it's clear Buddha wanted you to see that shit and that it did certainly happen but the second bell creates a slightly different version of so which one is "real"?

am i the only fucker who's been stuck on ss issin for 10 hours still not reading any tips just chilling trying over and over with already 100 hours in the game

My biggest complaint about this game is how the pros of the bell demon and kuro charm are essentially pointless in new game plus. Their farming benefits lose importance very fast and it just makes enemies harder for little gain. I think their benefits were balanced for the variety of a typical souls game with countless upgrade, but there just isn't a reason to get any upgrade materials when lapis is the only thing stopping you.

you're a fucking loser in any game.

We know from the second bell regardless of how events happened that Owl betrayed the hiratas and set bandits on their house, so probably somewhere in that clusterfuck of him going full griffith mode on the place he most likely stabbed wolf in the back

whether that was with or without wolf actually killing lady butterfly is a question mark

>whether that was with or without wolf actually killing lady butterfly is a question mark
See I thought it was certian he fought her. My question was whether or not he fought Owl that night and if he didn't then how did the bell let you relive a memory that didn't happen.

Thanks to this post, my wife has agreed to go down on me while I beat Sword Saint Isshin on NG++.

Thanks user!

Can kill guardian ape but the headless beast kills me everytime, tips? His terror attack chips me away and I can't distingish between a sweep and the terror AoE.
there shoukd have been a checkpoint here ;_;

You can do headless Ape very easily by just running away. He has a few attacks that are SUPER punishable, but the easiest is he'll lunge forward and do 4 jabs. After the 4th, you can sprint in and get 2 hits in, then sprint away.

You'll never get hit, and eventually get him to 0 Vitality for the kill.

you talking about headless ape or a headless? headless ape is easy, just take it slooooow, he only has a few attacks.

lmao I just realized I completed my first play through on the hardest difficulty. I rang the demon bell but I never knew what it actually did and I never bothered to check online and only now I realized what it does. I wonder how easy it would be if I make another play through without ringing the bell.

The game tells you it makes enemies harder though

He was the final 8 hours of my 38 hour playthrough

It's difficulty has made it addictive. I got a stiffy when I beat lady Butterfly. Very cool game.

Not a ton easier. Real challenge is Charmless

Literally just hack at Genichiro until he parries, then parry him once, then go back to hacking. When he does his mortal blade shit, you get free hits, and they are easy to dodge. When he jumps in the air, dodge, free hits. His thrust jump is the easiest mikiri in the game.

The remnant of Owl 2 made me think he never actually fought him. The second bell probably fucked up the events just so he can retrieve the flower.

Meant the headless guardian ape the one that you behead with its own sword then revives, man that shit spooked me. I'll try talking it slow thanks and if no luck I'll come back

Well on NG you can't have the HARDEST difficulty, because you can't give away Kuro's charm (which causes you to take chip damage through blocks that are not perfect parries).

Sekiro isn't harder than Dark Souls, it just has a harder learning curve. In dark souls it wasn't as crucial to learn bosses/enemies attack patterns and animations, you could just hold up your shield and roll to get by.

In sekiro you have to learn bosses/enemies attack patterns and animations, if you dont you will not be able to get by. But once you do it's easier than dark souls I think.

Parrying is easier and you don't even really need to attack. When you know the attack patterns and animations all you have to do is stand still and deflect, mikiri counter, jump, or run away when you have to and hit once or twice when you know it's safe.

See it did the opposite for me. It says "He got his wish, if only in an old memory." in reference to Owl getting to fight Sekiro at full strength. It's obviously super vague by design though and hard to tell if by "old memory" they mean a real one or are just calling the fake version of Hirata a "memory" even if it never actually happened. Or if it really is something like time travel like I mentioned before where Owl really did get to fight Sekiro that night but it was a the Sekiro from the present day. As weird as that sounds I actually kind of lean towards that because in that fight Owl reacts to you using the Shinobi prosthetic, like he's confused why you have the sculptor's arm. That would only really make sense if the one armed version of Wolf fought him that night.

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. Best of luck user. Punish that 4 jab combo and you should be ok. If he ever rears up real tall and comes down with a smash/cleave whatever, that attack can be easily parried and he'll be knocked off balance for like 4-5 hits as well.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DLC HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

This is bad advice. If you did literally nothing but parry and counter, you wouldn't be doing any damage to their vitality, and damage to their posture wouldn't stick.

That's viable for small enemies, but trying to do that on bosses is just going to make them way harder than they should be. You have to parry/counter AND attack.

>DaSo
What kind of cucked life makes a person turn out like this

Attached: 1538284746025.gif (300x168, 732K)

yeah, just wait for the obvious openings after his two main charging slash attacks. takes a while but he's ez. gl

I don't think anyone mentioned this, you can get a shit load of posture damage on him by using the spear after his sweep that makes him sorta lay flat on his belly. You can tell the timing because it's the only time you can really hit the open wound on his neck with the spear which is what you're aiming for.

>Owl took in the hungry cub on a whim and raised him as a shinobi. The process was so engrossing that he hoped they might enjoy a true battle to the death some day.

>He got his wish, if only in an old memory.

Not that user, but in actuality, Owl stabbed you in the back, as seen in Hirata 1.0. What he never got against Wolf was a fair fight, which you DID get in Hirata 2.0. That's what the Remnant is referring to.

It honestly depends on the boss. I don't even really do health damage to Sword Saint's second for anymore. I agree you should counter attack though because that builds posture damage and can be used to trigger certain attacks that you want them to do. Bosses like him though end up blocking most of your hits anyway though.

You can also do it after parrying most of his attack chains, he'll drop to his knees after you parry the last attack and you can hit the neck then.

I said attack once or twice when you know it's safe. But you still never have to move and can stand still. The only time you really have to move is if the boss has some ability where damage can only be avoided by being out of range.

I think standing still and not focusing on moving and just watching the boss makes fights easier.

I still haven't beat Genichiro, but I am OK with that. Sekiro has humbled me. It has denied me a victory most other games would hand to me on a platter and it has helped my rage issues because of that. The game tells you to sit the fuck down and learn or get the fuck out.

Attached: 1555629523765.jpg (317x750, 99K)

Right but that doesn't really answer my question which is did Hirata 2.0 really happen. When you met Owl on the roof of Ahina castle he hadn't experienced that fight correct? Then what happens when you go into that memory? Are you not fighting the real owl? Does the real Owl still experience the fight? Because the remnant implies he did. I don't understand how "real" hirrata 2.0 was.

To add onto this, both of them thought the other was dead after that night. So Hinata 1.0 was more than likely what actually happened.

>that corrupted monk second phase skip
It feels like a bug

Hitting B + forward is more consistent for me. It's more about the timing though than anything. Most people I've talked to say that moving towards the attack works better for them.

Never gonna make it

Yeah, I mean that's fair, but the only way to prevent high-health posture damage from leaking away is to never give them a chance to relax which means playing hyper aggressive which is the polar opposite of what that user said. If you let them just stand there and wait for their attack, they'll just dump their posture bar by walking around.

Oh sure, I guess you did. I was focusing on the statement:
>Parrying is easier and you don't even really need to attack. When you know the attack patterns and animations all you have to do is stand still and deflect, mikiri counter, jump, or run away

That makes it sound like people should be playing hyper defensive, which is the opposite of what makes most bosses easier.

played through the game two (2) times and only just realized you can hold r1 and charge the first hit of ichimonji for more damage/posture damage. i dont know how i missed this, considering i used it as my combat art 99.5% of the time

Attached: sou ka.jpg (780x768, 279K)

>second phase

Second healthbar, call it whatever you want

The memories are like alternate timelines. Like Buddha throws you into The Matrix. It's a memory... but also more than that, which you can see from being able to bring back the Everblossom to the real world. Remember that's no shinobi prosthetic, that's like.... the Divine Dragon's physical representation in the mortal world. To actually be able to use that to save Kuro means the memories are some serious shit. Buddha says it goes, so it goes.

I think it's more likely that Hirata 1.0 was the real series of events, in that Owl stabbed you in the back and didn't know you survived, as Kuro finds you later to make you immortal. Hence Owl being surprised that you were alive.

Basically what pointed out.

Even Dad 1.0 is a bit of shenanigans with him begging for his life between phase 1 and 2. Owl 2.0 is him in his prime with no bullshit.

Hard af honestly.

I just decided to forsake.

I hope I don't regret my decision.

I figured honor is everything in Japan, and to break the iron code would be most dishonorable to a shinobi.

Im just gonna leave this hear because I'm I'll find spoilers if I return.

>he doesn't know

(he's making fun of you because "Corrupted Monk" generally refers to the first fight which has no second phase. "True Monk" has three phases).

Won't spoil, but enjoy the fight man. I just did that ending on my NG+ run and sticking to the Iron Code has a way more challenging boss than sticking with Kuro.

I found his 1 phase the most difficult actually, the 2 fase is just repel repel repel and his 3rd fase is jump an r1 and he is done for you don't even get a significant damage for that

you'll feel it after overcoming it

The first one only has one health bar, the one on the bridge you can deathblow as soon as she begins summoning her clones. Don't even need a snap seed if you're fast enough.

I've been trying to figure out what moves can work as dodges since the hitbox around wolf is so tight, did you know whirlwind slash let's you duck under ministry ninjas kicks?

Damn guys I did it it took a while but you were right with those tips, thanks.

Attached: aed693198e459f61c98f6d9aa896be13.png (1000x1465, 2.11M)

You can deathblow her twice dumbo

>he doesnt know

you can deathblow both her first and second phase. you just need to immediated grapple up above her when she jumps into the arena and you can deathblow. then go back up and do it again when she summons clones.

So currently doing a charmless run on ng+3 (no demon bell because I still make mistakes and don't want to be one-shotted by even the biggest of jobbers). And quite honestly, it's more of a bullshit/annoying mode than anything. It's literally impossible to deflect every attack so I end up taking chip damage on almost every little fight and I end up having to drink estus like crazy. But other than that the game isn't particularly more difficult. The centipide giraffe thing killed me once I guess, that didn't happened before, but otherwise it's a "run to heal in the middle of a fight" mode unless you're some kind of parrying god that never makes mistakes but i'm playing on a base ps4 at 30fps so it's a miracle i'm able to deflect at all.

It’s not the hardest difficulty until you get rid of Kuros Charm

That sounds a little to easy I'm gonna do it

Was thinking about this earlier today. The memories in sekiro seem a little bit similar to the memories in ds2, dreams/nightmares in bloodborne, and maybe even the dark shrine in ds3, in that they all kinda blur the line between time travel and simply reliving a memory/dream. Often bits of evidence conflict with one another. Seems like From likes this kind of ambiguous concept

You can deathblow the first Corrupted Monk as well. Gachin Sugar and sprint along the left side of the arena and she won't aggro. Pocket Sand + snap seeds + firecracker and she'll take a step backwards every time you stagger her.

Then you can wall jump off the statue behind her for a plunging deathblow to skip the whole fight. FYI.

>The memories are like alternate timelines. Like Buddha throws you into The Matrix. It's a memory... but also more than that
Everything else you said I totally agree with and understand. It's this part that I was curious about and I kinda understood that no one can fully explain it as it is vague by design. Like I said I agree and understand that Hirrata 1.0 is what happened, I just wondered if that possibly "changed" after using Owl's bell. Kind of the same thing as why Owl had the bell to begin with. The game description implies he may have known what would happen if Sekiro used it but again it's intentionally vague.

>all that for a one bar boss
Have some pride damn it.

HITOTSU

Combat arts should not cost emblems, and no ninjutsu should cost more than 4.

I actually sorta think they both happened. Remember Owl being in the secret shrine wasn't the only change. There were way more Minstry Shinobis / Lone Shadows in Hirata 2.0

I think Hirata 2.0 was likely a more accurate _state_ of things. Or more accurately perhaps later in the evening.

Attack on Hirata -> Butterfly reaches secret shrine to search for Kuro -> Ministry Shinobi show up late because fuck grunt work -> Owl is with them, finds you battling Butterfly -> Backstabs you after you kill her.

That's how I interpret it.

As for what the memory actually IS, I think we'll never know for absolute certain, but the Buddha creating an alternate reality for you is as close as we'll get to something rational I think.

I mean I only know that because I saw a speedrunner do it, after NG and NG+. I'm fine with cheese on a third or fourth play through.

Agreed on the arts, completely disagree on the Ninjustsu. They are all insanely strong to the point that they trivialize the entire game outside of boss fights.

So what happened to this boss?

youtu.be/enBDsP5XXXA?t=113

nice1 laddio
don't you date go hollow

Fucking DSP beat this game with 203 deaths

You can beat it user

That's the centipede lads in Senpou. They're in the game they just aren't a boss. Game should have had a giant centipede fight though. Would have made a good boss for Senpou temple.

Why does it have to be a boss? It's very clearly one of the infested immortal monks in the temple.

Firecrackers help. Got him first try by stunlocking him

Do they give you beads at least? I'm pretty far into the game and I think I'm ready but I won't do it for no bead

I didn't see anything in that trailer that isn't in the game. Did I miss something?

>They are all insanely strong
Puppetry is almost useless, I don't know why people here dickride it so hard. Bloodsmoke, like everything else, is very situational, unless you're a retard running all through the levels hardly ever will you face more than 4 enemies at once and those are thrash mobs anyway, barring the lone shadows in the castle and true Hirata memory. Bestowal could be said to be broken, but it lasts what, 8-12 seconds? Not worth the emblem cost for the duration.

Yeah, just sorta deflect. You can avoid Phase 2 shadows by grappling around. Be cautious in Phase 3 because 1 bad vomit can insta-kill you. I did her without the cheese my first playthrough and it probably took like 10-15 attempts? But I'm NOT very good at these games. I just like them a whole lot.

Play perfectly and just use everything at your disposal
>tfw used every single tool I could
Wasted like 2 stacks of rice, 1 stack of snow, one divine grass, one sticky rice, fucking used the jinzo jinza statue because I didn't knew it was a one use, used all of my resurrection power with the tooth.

Nope, they all give unique reusable items that aren't very good, that's it. That's why it's so stupid that people complain about being locked out of fighting them.

I'm at the monk temple with all the crickets and a few days ago I fought an invincible guy in plate mail, how do I get back to him? I'm pretty sure that's where I need to go. For reference I'm in the area with the two strawhat guys that have double scythe blade things, outside of the building with the weird undead cricket monk thing.

>They are all insanely strong to the point that they trivialize the entire game outside of boss fights.
You can one shot every enemy with a stealth kill, the game outside of boss fights is already trivial.

Why don't you specify where in the trailer you mean instead of just posting it and expecting me to watch the whole fucking thing?

Go up to the straw hat monks and look up and left

I thought you couldn't get to the temple without beating him. He's inside a bridge somewhere

Stealth kills are slow and require some dose of effort, unlike just pressing triangle/Y on a greatsword.

Towards the left of the bridge where those dual glaive nogs are. Grapple into the caves and you're on your way.

>I've never played any Souls game before
This is actually a pro for you.
Sekiro play the opposite of Souls, in Sekiro you ahve to facetank every enemyuntill you melt their health or posture while deflecting all attacks(your defense dont breack if you keep deflecting even at full posture).
In Souls you have to mostly play hit and run, dodging attacks timing the few iframes precisely and never bee to aggressive because if you empy your stamina youre pretty much fucked with no shield or dodge avaiable.

If youre used to Souls, playing Sekiro for the first few hours(or even much more) will be a nightmare because you will try to play it like a souls and you will be fucked HARD fo that, because the game is designed to do that to Souls playstile. Instead if youre a fresh player, you can approach Sekiro with a fresh mind and you can get Sekiro mecchanics way faster than Souls players, making the game easier for you.

>Puppetry is almost useless, I don't know why people here dickride it so hard
Because you're bad at using it? You seriously don't understand why having an ally to draw aggro who you can indefinitely re-puppet whenever you need to isn't good? Like holy shit you must suck because if you put the enemy in-between you and your puppet and wait a moment after every time you attack you will literally never get targeted by the enemy.

>Bloodsmoke, like everything else, is very situational
No it's not, it lets you endlessly chain insta kills if you have emblems. In what situation can you NOT use it.
>and those are thrash mobs anyway, barring the lone shadows in the castle and true Hirata memory.
So part of your argument as to why the game should be made even easier is that it's already easy? That's incredibly flawed logic. If the mobs are so trivial why would you want to make them even more trivial?

They give items that have the same effect as candies but cost seals instead and are reuseable. They don't last as long as candies though, so yeah they're not great. If they lasted the same duration and only cost 1-2 seals they'd be good, but currently it's like 5-6 seals for 2/3 the duration or something. I don't use them often.

BUT if you WANT to kill them, phoenix umbrella + projected force skill shreds them. Block an attack with umbrella (which since it's the purple one prevents all damage and terror build up) and then projected force follow up chunks like 20% of their health. Rinse and repeat.

This game is piss easy once you learn to spam L1, literally makes you unkillable, barely any punishment for being posture broken and you parry most of the time anyway

streamable.com/tor5s

Attached: 20190410111112_1.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Not that user, but puppet on Lone Shadow before Owl, AND on the post-divine dragon Seven Ashina Spears makes those mini-bosses absolute cake.

Completely agree with you.

>I'm pretty sure enemies can't get posture broken when they deflect either.
no, when an enemy posture is full they will kneel down and they are immediatly vulnerable to death blows, you dont ahve to breach their posture to do that.
you can see that when you fill the enemy posture barr just by deflecting and never attacking, they can still be executed even you you dont lay a single blow on them.

Lewd centipede sex

He posted it again, the madman!

Alright, thanks. I already had the shrine thing there but I couldn't remember how I got to where I was before. Is that area with the undead cricket monk thing just a path to this shrine? I don't remember, it's been at least a week since I last played.

I think maybe he doesn't know you can refresh it? That's the only thing I can think of because the emblem cost is what makes it so that you can't refresh it for an entire fight.

>You seriously don't understand why having an ally to draw aggro who you can indefinitely re-puppet whenever you need to isn't good? Like holy shit you must suck because if you put the enemy in-between you and your puppet and wait a moment after every time you attack you will literally never get targeted by the enemy.
It's the opposite, I don't need that shitty tactic, making a fight that I can finish in 10 seconds take 30, no thanks.
>No it's not, it lets you endlessly chain insta kills if you have emblems. In what situation can you NOT use it.
>burning 6 fucking emblems on normal mobs outside lone shadows, and dual blade ministryfags
>If the mobs are so trivial why would you want to make them even more trivial?
Because having only one weapon and strictly situational tools, it would add more fun to use the more "OP" abilities more freely.

But isn't it true? Even DSP can beat this game with L1 spam. There's simply not enough punishment for being posture broken.

I do, puppets just aren't aggressive enough, their ai is shit.

>Dude just doesn't take posture damage
Just use the 5 hit combo combat art, floating passage, it will do health damage even if the enemy block the attack, in this way you can chip away some of the boss health and making them more vulnerable to posture damage.

Sad, but true. Spaming deflect is ridiculously good. It doesn't work as well as hitting the exact rhythm/timings, obviously. But it's better than just blocking when you don't know the attack patterns. You'll still get perfect parries like 90% of the time just mindlessly tapping the deflect button.

you must have brain damage.

There is if it happens mid combo, and more often than not it does.

Okay this is the spot, I'm gonna try to fight the invincible asshole weaboo knight guy again, I couldn't do shit to him last time.

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-19 23-53-59-28.jpg (1920x1080, 86K)

I don't even ever really refresh it. All fights can be ended within the duration of one puppet, imo

>It's the opposite, I don't need that shitty tactic, making a fight that I can finish in 10 seconds take 30, no thanks.
Oh you beat bosses and mini bosses in 10 seconds? Shut the fuck up with your lying bullshit. Or did you not know you can bring puppets into boss fights? And use them against a lot of mini bosses. If you did know that I would love to see a video of you beating the lone shadow at great serpent shrine in 10 seconds, that would truly be impressive to see.

You have a stupid definition of fun. I suggest playing a different game because FROM's games have never been power fantasies and that's clearly what you want.

They literally almost never stop attacking you ape.

The link he posted has a timestamp, what are you talking about

>to get the dried snake fruit you need to "make the monkey dance"
>big ass monkey nearby drops a whistle
>whistle's only use is to make animals go crazy
>doesn't actually work to get the fruit, instead you need to use the puppeteer ninjutsu
big gay

He's really fucking strong and totally mollywhopping me.

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-19 23-56-56-32.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

Here's a hint: look at your environment :^)

Most of the time you don't get hit for being posture broken, and even then you only get hit once before being able to spam L1 again.

Please tell me you tried to whistle the snake and got destroyed for it

I got destroyed plenty of times but not trying to whistle the snake.

He literally just told me my sword cant pierce his armor.

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-19 23-58-05-36.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

You got him to a deathblow right? Pay attention to what a deathblow does to him.

Lol get the fuck out of here

True in NG, becomes a liability you need to unlearn afterwards

Damn, that would have been gold

You have to make him break the walls and then perform a deathblow to kick him down the abyss. he's easy as shit

Only no-life virgins care about NG+, NG is the original balanced experienced as intended by devs.

I don't know it's a chrome thing, but timestamps in Youtube links do nothing for me. If it's a video you've seen before, it will "remember" where you were last with or without a timestamp in the URL. And it ignores if if it's a video you haven't seen before.

It's not the level of punishment for being posture broken that's the issue. It's the level of punishment for spaming the deflect button. (None.) You're actually rewarded for spaming it when you should be punished, like you are for spaming attack, for example.

>Oh you beat bosses
No
and mini bosses in 10 seconds?
Yes
Shut the fuck up with your lying bullshit.
Git
Or did you not know you can bring puppets into boss fights?
I don't bother with puppetry so no, outside the dual lone shadow fight and reservoir fight I never even thought to try
>They literally almost never stop attacking
Maybe for you
>you ape.
I'm not your mother

How is NG+ like, bigger numbers like souls games?

>give rice to the woman and she literally says the word puppet
>have a ninjitsu called puppeteer
HMM....

works for me if I open in new tab, doesn't work if I run it embedded

If enemies could give you a deathblow for breaking your posture then it'd be balanced I feel. The way it is they can only get a hit in before spamming is allowed again.

I don't remember her saying puppet. To be fair I dismissed ninjutsu as another useless gimmick like combat arts and prosthetics.

I did it and now I feel bad.

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-20 00-05-00-24.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

What was Owl's plan in the Shura ending?

Prosthetics are OK, Mostly the Axe destroys human enemy postures. The rest are kinda useless save the shuriken for killing dogs and monkeys

It's okay, you killed the first weeaboo.

Still would love to see a video of you beating the lone shadow I mentioned in 10 seconds, hell I'll take a video of anyone doing it. Until then it's clear you are engaging in absurd hyperbole and there is no way to have a discussion with some one who is going to rampantly exaggerate everything to make a point.

Also
>I don't bother with puppetry so no, outside the dual lone shadow fight and reservoir fight I never even thought to try
So I was correct, you didn't know how to use it. You were unaware of the full range of what you could do with the ability. You went from "I don't get why everyone says it's so good" to "I'm too good to every need it so I didn't use it". Gee I wonder why you don't get why people think it's good if you never use it and as result are unaware of what it's fully capable of.

using the mortal blade to harvest kuro's blood and rule with his son as god emperors.

I gave rice to the old bitch at the temple and she tells me to fly a kite to get fruit. I flew the kite and nothing happened, what do?

That just makes blocking (Or missing deflects) worse and doesn't fix the problem of spaming the deflect button being way too good.

>Learn to dodge, faggot.
this ain't it mane

Crackers is good on the horse guy and the bull

Chill out kid. Not that user, but this is a relaxed thread. No need to start shit with people.

This

Also the flame vent is great if you get the flame sword skill

Completely agree. I want a skip for him because he's just trying to save his dying son. Wtf am I doing killing a dude for that?

shura ending sequence is best

>get posture broken
>thrash samurai run you through
>juzo and clones cut you in half
>dogs rip your throat out
>kick shadows break your neck and vilehands grab your face and suffocate/poison you to death
>kanabo fatties gib you
>monks rip your heart out
>staff monks cave your face in
>glaive monks cut you to ribbons
>roosters peck your eyes out
What could have been.

>gamer superiority
When did this become a thing?

It still feels gimmicky, I wish they had more creative uses instead of being "X is weak to Y and nothing else"

Attached: 1554948116558.jpg (588x295, 43K)

Sure would be useful if the kite would stay there after you left, but someone needs to hold it in place.

Nothing special. More exp and sen so you can grind for the achievements. Attack power basically hits a cap right around 15~20, and plain guarding becomes pretty significantly less viable due to increased posture damage. Spamming L1 is going to make you guard unintentionally too often, especially during combos when it's the most dangerous time to get posture broken.

What mods are you guys using?

Attached: 02BE177B-E76B-4B38-BBDE-AF08C52C15B3.jpg (1024x576, 67K)

Anyone else feel like the lore took a big hit compared to other soulsborne titles? Pretty much the only interesting line was the sculptor's.
Hopefully DLC will flesh out some things like armored guy/Roberto. Maybe a memory from the war where you play as Isshin?

What enemies can the spear take armor off of? I died to ARMORED warrior 3x because beating him has nothing to do with that. the fat guy with the bell right after the two guys talking about illfitting armor also wouldn't lose his armor no matter how much I poked em. I beat the game and am halfway through a ng+ but never once did any armor removal on any enemies.

>Still would love to see a video of you beating the lone shadow I mentioned in 10 seconds, hell I'll take a video of anyone doing it. Until then it's clear you are engaging in absurd hyperbole and there is no way to have a discussion with some one who is going to rampantly exaggerate everything to make a point.
K
>So I was correct, you didn't know how to use it.
I've used in against many enemies, but the results were not satisfactory, hence I've done without it, which has made me a better player.

If you spam deflect it shrinks the delfection window. Do it enough and it gets to a point where is won't even work. Did we play the same game?

Where have you been since the 80's?

Fat niggas
Fire juzo

Firecrackers are ridiculous. They're a guaranteed stun on (almost?) every enemy in the game, so for example any time you see a boss winding up some attack you know is going to fuck you up, you can simply cancel it almost for free.

Ehem, fuck rhe ogres

Attached: 1555559516071.jpg (770x549, 34K)

So you admit you are exaggerating a shit load.
>I've used in against many enemies, but the results were not satisfactory, hence I've done without it, which has made me a better player.
Holy shit you sound so delusional my man. It has very little to do with how "good" you are. You claimed that you didn't get why people thought puppetry is good then admitted you didn't know the full range of its uses. You outed yourself as being uninformed on something that you tried to pretend you knew more about than other people and now that I called you on it your ego is going into full defensive mode.

Genichiro IS the earlier introduction of this mechanic. You aint seen real lightning yet

>What enemies can the spear take armor off of? I died to ARMORED warrior 3x because beating him has nothing to do with that
Yeah, of course it doesn't, the description specifically says "ill-fitting armor"

>Teleports
>Ogre: Omae wa mo shindeiru
>Wolf: Nani!?

I admit I don't care about what you think I can do or not and you should stop taking things so literally.

You have to press the spear attack twice so you get the pulling animation, not just poke people with it. I've played through the game 4 times and I've only found 2 enemies in the whole game that have loose armor. The bell guy right beside the bridge dudes and the Juzo reskin guy in Ashina outskirts right at the end of the game.

There's a second armored fatty in Hirata 2.0. It's a really underutilized mechanic.

>your ego is going into full defensive mode.
Your not even mentioning the game anymore. If you truly didn't care you wouldn't have made that post. Nothing screams "I care" like saying "I don't care what you think".

You can pull the centipede out of headless ape after he's stunned for massive damage but it's kinda janky to pull off

much like other souls games, there are a couple of interesting things that didn't get fleshed out, like what the fuck is Shura supposed to be since it doesn't seem to be the buddhist Asuras, I was also hoping that the centipedes and the headless would play a larger role but instead it's a very straightforward "guy wants immortality" story

>which you should be able to do by Genichiro because you beat the first Centipede.
Actually, the first centipede is supposed to be encountered after Genichiro.
Genichiro is basically the second main boss of the game.

Because I'm done saying what I wanted to say about what we discussed. But go ahead, "tear me down" some more on the internet. Feel good about something.

Not that user, but I don't think I've ever had the spear do literally anything. I don't get what's up with that thing.

>Enemie does lightning attack
>Iamabouttoendthismanwholecarrer.jpg

>I'm mad cause there are so little enemy that actually uses it, same goes with the armor stripping,
Agree, expetially for the armor stripping, that is used only for a single enemy in the whole game if im not wrong, what a bullshit.

> I felt like a big brain before attempting to use the spear on roberts dad.
Well, the spear description say that it work on SIMPLE armors, and Robert's dad armor is not simple at that, european medieval armors are basically sci fi for the technology of that time in japan, it's like pringing a laptop in 1970.

I wish this game was multiplayer so I could whip all of your asses SO HARD

The guys you eavesdrop on do say that the armor could come off at any moment.

Then why not stop posting? You were the first one to make a post that had no mention of the game at all. Also quite the contrary, conversations like this don't make me feel good, it annoys the fuck out of me that people like you can't just admit when they were wrong about something. It stunts discussion and turns them into exactly this, arguments that no longer have anything to do with the game. I wish people like you who engage in extreme hyperbole and shift the goal posts constantly before just restoring to saying "I don't care" once they have nothing left would fuck off.

>muh pvp
>>>/armorautismsouls/
>>>/shittyretardmeta/
>>>/igotwhippedNERFTHIS!/
>>>/justfuckupmypvefam/
No.

Remember if you find yourself struggling there is always easy mode.

Attached: hahaha just deflect.png (256x256, 36K)

>The guys you eavesdrop on do say that the armor could come off at any moment.
Do you mean the guys that are talking about the big giant with the bell? Then yes, but he's the only enemy where you can use the spear to remove the armor.
If youre talking about robet's dad, i dont remember any eavesdro that refer to him or his armor.

I guess not, because I didn't get that feeling at all. It never seemed to decrease the deflection window to me, and is clearly better than just holding block or trying to perfectly parry attacks you are encountering for the first time. You get random parries like 90% of the time just pressing and releasing block in my experience and it never punishes you. Maybe if you spam it too fast or something it does, but I haven't seen it.
Yeah, I knew that. That's a cool use, but isn't armor, which is why I never mentioned it. Another cool tool use like that is the Finger Wistle actually stuns the Demon of Hatred. Because it belonged to the Sculptor's wife (or gf or whatever).

>only enemy
See Yeah I know that's not too many but it was wrong.

What does it even do?

>Agree, expetially for the armor stripping, that is used only for a single enemy in the whole game if im not wrong, what a bullshit.
You're wrong although not by a lot

>You get random parries like 90% of the time just pressing and releasing block in my experience and it never punishes you. Maybe if you spam it too fast or something it does, but I haven't seen it.
Have you played without the charm? I'm curious if you are deflecting as many things as you think you are. When I played without the charm I realized I had been blocking a lot of things I thought I had been getting deflects on. It forces you to go for perfect deflects. After playing the game twice through once without the charm, I don't know what to say other than you are absolutely wrong dude. I had so much trouble when I started NG+ specifically because missed deflects that came out as blocks no longer cut it.

the Owl (Father) memory states that the battle between him and Wolf took place only in a memory so it probably just happened in Wolf's head

Yea right, not 1, but an impressive number of two enemy in a 40 hour game to use a gameplay mechanic...
Its one of the most underused thing i ever saw put ina videogame, why even put it into the game in the first place?

Makes fights easier

Someone edit this with the divine child

Attached: 1550161761950.jpg (720x300, 36K)

You'll beat it eventually, user, since you have the rare gift of being self-aware and teachable.

But you still have to time it and it costs the things

>more than gascoin completion on PS4
well that's actually better than I thought

Attached: 1554968217821.jpg (720x300, 132K)

HESITATION IS DEFEAT user

Attached: Sword-Saint Isshin PePe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

Attached: owl(father) pepe.jpg (1125x1080, 806K)

>free "rice"
nice touch

best ones user

Attached: 20190413171340_1.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Not him but once its out it only costs emblems to spin it, which you don't need to do to avoid taking damage, you just need to do it to inflict posture damage. You can block a lot of attacks off the one emblem it costs to take out and then it's only one more to inflict crazy high posture damage with the spin which is even easier to time than a regular deflect.

I have, but not until ng+4, and by then I wasn't mindlessly spaming it anymore since I knew all the timings for pretty much every attack.

>t. filtered
mada mada

Attached: pepe lady butterfly.jpg (1081x1080, 775K)

I hate this frog

This. I have no idea why people put this game and the Souls series in the same basket. There are only surface similarities.

Attached: Sekiro Ape PEPE.jpg (559x1078, 341K)

Seething

Attached: FD8AF749-0477-47BF-91EC-A3A67EFEB43E.jpg (750x393, 102K)

Anyone think this game should have negative edge for parries or would that make it too easy?

What's the percentage for beating the game?

I don't understand the third image and I hope it's not lmao2monkeys

Sekiro isn't all those other games.

no charm run

Attached: hip hop gen.jpg (1000x700, 346K)

>Top 10 pictures taken seconds before disaster

Attached: 75ED4008-4E38-4D6B-9D5A-381DCA67F2B1.jpg (997x1024, 160K)

Genichiro's basically the tutorial for this mechanic, and it's easy to do but you have to not panic-jump as soon as you see the lightning, or you'll land too early. Pay attention to the animation, not just the lightning. Just wait a second, as it's about to hit you, jump. Take the hit in midair, then R1, and as long as you finish your R1 animation before you touch the ground, you've got it.

Stop, I can only deal with so much bullshit.

Attached: 1536564741773.gif (180x135, 381K)

For beating Sword Saint Isshin whose the final boss in three of the endings it's currently this on Steam.

Attached: percentagenotfiltered.png (919x76, 11K)

I think most people don't beat games, what does dark souls look like?

keep playing user
you got this

Attached: gotcha.jpg (540x597, 40K)

It’s worse on Xbox

Attached: 551E84F3-4904-486E-AE8D-1CCF707B21FD.jpg (1125x336, 93K)

jesus christ xboners wtf

I only have one actual gripe with this game, and that is the mechanic of the danger symbol flashing for moves which require different responses. When that symbol pops up I have 1/10th of a second to decide what the enemy is going to do, and the wind up animations often don't really suggest what they're going to do one way or the other. So I end up getting hit.

I suppose the thing to do is to run around the enemy a bit first to see what their moveset is before even attempting to engage them, but even that can lead to an instant death. It ends up being trial and error gameplay without the player being able to think about what they are going to do first. Which is a massive key difference from Souls games. Souls games can also be trial and error, but in those games you make a decision which proves to be the wrong one. In Sekiro you have no time to think either way and press something and hope it was the right choice. And if it wasn't you die. That's bad game design.

People who can beat this game without dying have simply played long enough to memorize the right path and responses to boss fights. When I watch a speed run of Sekiro there seems to be far less innovation and clever thinking than you see with Souls games. And this is actually the reason why.

Sekiro tried to be a deeper game in terms of combat than Souls, but it ended up being the complete opposite.

Attached: 3452345.jpg (275x275, 18K)

Attached: 46FC0E3A-FE3D-4413-B0B5-F26A7022FF1A.jpg (1125x1797, 449K)

She doesnt have a centipede in her body, though.

How long is this game?

Attached: 1546497263627.jpg (1200x1450, 296K)

I just got to the fountainhead temple
>army of lightning-shooting dogs

Attached: 1526484417330.gif (600x600, 1.96M)

holy fuck
can any1 post PS4's global too?

patrician taste

depends on your skills really

Attached: Doctor-with-Tablet.jpg (500x400, 107K)

Maybe 20 hours first playthrough

>When that symbol pops up I have 1/10th of a second to decide what the enemy is going to do, and the wind up animations often don't really suggest what they're going to do one way or the other. So I end up getting hit.
user every enemy that uses a perilous attack uses it in a specific time or combo. Genichiro for example will always start phase 3 with a thrust, followed by a grab

That's a lot higher than I thought it would be.

It's harder to check that one because there are two versions on Steam and I know the original which I have doesn't actually have an achievement for beating Gwyn, just one for each ending and the thing is I bet a lot of people who get one ending are players who play the game enough to get both. However there is one for fighting the bed of chaos which you need to do to beat the game and is the boss with the lowest completion percentage out of the big end game bosses and that's sitting at 21 percent on the original Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. So yea, even less people beat the original Steam release of Dark Souls. Also while you are correct that lots of games sit at sub 50 percent completion, I've noticed FROM games are always especially low. I think it's a combination of them being popular and frequently recommended but also harder than your average game now a days.

>fightan schichiman
>lightning assist from mile away
shit gl man

>When I watch a speed run of Sekiro there seems to be far less innovation and clever thinking than you see with Souls games. And this is actually the reason why.
Because Sekiro is a well disguised rhythm game, once you learned the pattern and the timing, youre good to go for a perfect run, way easier than mastering a Souls game.

and how long without a guide?

You're just repeating the same thing I said, memorization.

26~7hours

That is without a guide. With a guide you could probably shave off 5 hours or so.

15/20 hours if you "rush" the story, around 40 if youre a compeltitionist that explore all the areas in search for every secret on the first playthrough.
then there are other 3 ending to get with the NG+, but at that time yo ucan compelte the game in 5/10 hours like a cakewalk.

He is absolutely exaggerating. Without a guide it's more like 30 hours if you fight all the optional bosses and mini bosses.

Do you really have trouble “memorizing” a enemies attacks? It doesn’t take 10 tries to do this user. If you struggle with it that much, every time you face a boss let the first attempt be a learning phase where you simply watch the boss’ moves

Jesus, Activision's public in souls games is such a cancer...

Also dont forget that for something like 2 years DS used Games for Windows Live, it had no Steam achievements, so many peopel that played the game in that time and never played it again have 0 achievement at all and they will count for the total percentage, so the DS1 achievement stats are not reliable at all.

I got zapped by those faggots too. Had to restart and cleaned them up first. Got a stealth death blow on the Chichiman thanks to that though.

That totally explains it thank you. I was actually kind of shocked to see the original Steam release with such low numbers.

>guide
A guide will not teach you how to paly the game, even if you watch all the boss on youtube, you will still take hours to beat them because you need the actual reflex and musclememory to fight them.

>I was actually kind of shocked to see the original Steam release with such low numbers
Thanks Microsoft GFWL bullshit for that, good thing that its dead for good now.

>he don't know how many time it gets to load in Bloodborbe

While I agree to some extent guides can shave down boss attempts if you learn big things you didn't know before like that you can pull centipede out of the gorilla for huge damage.

Yes, the discount I had no idea about. Didn't even see info broker my first run. Sent him to the doctor instead. Bad feels.

Attached: IMG_20190418_224930.jpg (1080x890, 69K)

You did remind me of a fond memory of getting Dark Souls hate mail through it though so at least lets give it thanks for that. Never did get the same amount through Steam, even leaving comments open on my profile.

>While I agree to some extent guides can shave down boss attempts if you learn big things you didn't know before like that you can pull centipede out of the gorilla for huge damage.
Yea but that willsave you at max 3 hours of a total of 40, its basically nothing.

>Red and white if you want a global discount coupon at the end of the game
Or if you want to fight and kill him in red eyes zombie mode.

Attached: das it mane.jpg (1618x910, 118K)

>mini boss before main boss
>main boss is actually just pre boss
>beat main boss once
>have to beat main boss again

its a good game, but honestly, fuck this shit. I seriously have to run around medicine woman each time I fight Issin?

And I just know there is gonna be some bullshit after his second health bar too.

I stopped playing after one try. Luckily he seems manageable.

Owl (father) was harder than any souls boss desu. The room for error was absolutely tiny unless you got literally every prayer bead up to that point. Isshin was hard but there’s many points where you can run off and catch a break, Owl doesn’t relent. Also knocking off his phases takes longer, meaning more chances to fuck up along the way. I have a feeling most people who complain about Isshin didn’t get to him

>corrupted monk #2
I’m thinking this is where my run ends

Attached: You have been visited by Based Kite Man of WOOOOooooo.jpg (1080x720, 254K)

>demon of hatred
what the fuck is the technique im supposed to be using here

Attached: this_is_fine.jpg (800x450, 54K)

Run at him counter-clockwise and attack. Loaded Umbrella for everything else. Thats literally it.

>started ng+ without kuro's charm and with demon bell

I just know I'm gonna suffer when I reach Owl.

you have to do very specific things in order to access hirata2 which is easily miss able

i dont even have umbrella and I forgot where i could buy it from

Attached: 1529032505368.png (140x157, 7K)

literally just movements

check the offering box

Really? I don’t understand how people struggle with bosses once they’ve beaten Genichiro. Just learn to deflect and mikiri

If you really can’t beat the monk you can skip his first 2 phases by stealth killing him from the tree

The vendor is dead. Go to the dilapidated temple and go to the item box thing that Hanbei was by

Scratch the umbrella then just run away when he does his Batista bomb and get your free hits.

n-no?

Attached: 20190419224015_1.jpg (2560x1440, 793K)

>souls games
>not looking up the fuckton of missable areas/bosses
How do you people live with yourselves

it's actually easier than the single monkey

Some people dont lime using guides and spoiling things, I for one like to keep guide/spoilers to a minimum at least during the first plauthrough.

Hmm. That sucks. The Anti Air is from that vendor too, so you might have missed your chance. Its okay, I have only used it for the cannon mother fuckers.

These aren't fishes

Attached: 1555735397295.jpg (786x451, 44K)

Is this a bloodborne reference?

Attached: 91B9FD4B-3721-45BF-88AE-94F44D07A8A2.jpg (850x735, 582K)

oh, good hunters

i never played bloodbong some1 explain this
to me it looks like fish bait

Attached: squid sekiro.jpg (838x767, 112K)

I'm guessing because nothing in bloodborne is what it appears to be and once you take insight the abominable aspect of things becomes apparent.

maybe ashina is another dream within the nightmare

play bloodborne, its an ending reference.

Does that cheat mod prevent achievements? That could partially account for the number being higher than xbox (and I'm guessing ps4 as well)

I doubt the majority of people go around using motherfucking cheat engine for their games

It probably does not disable them as that's usually something the developer implements as far as I know. I doubt that accounts for much of it though. Sorry to anyone on Xbox out there but I think it has to do with the demographics of the console. I checked the PS4 percentage and it's higher than Xbox as well. It's sitting at 16 percent which is closer to the Steam percentage.