What's your opinion on the Nintendo Switch?

What's your opinion on the Nintendo Switch?
I'm thinking about buying one

Attached: bundle_color_portable (1).jpg (554x369, 21K)

Go ahead, it's your money.

its really cool desu, you get free online with twitch prime(which you can get with amazon prime free trial)

I really enjoy mine

i own one, and it's pretty disappointing, not going to lie. "portable" mode is a shitty gimmick with more downsides than benefits, and the library right now is still weak overall. it's a downgrade from the wii u in many respects.

Wasn't the Wii U kinda shit though?

Played botw and odyssey, sold it after about 3 months.

I sold mine because the joy cons sucked and I wasn’t dishing out more money for the pro controller

I done the exact same thing, Fell for the meme.

It just surpassed the psp as best emulation machine (portable)

For $15 you can get a Bluetooth dongle that lets you use any controller you own

t. sonypleb poorfag who never touched a switch

Biggest regret since buying Xbox One

Sure if you want a port machine that runs shit at 20 fps

Attached: ports.jpg (2754x1278, 958K)

If you're interested in the portability specifically for say, a commute, then by all means buy it. As a portable device its second to none in terms of specs and games.

If you're planning to buy it as a home console primarily, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a hardcore nintendo fan (though you probably wouldn't be asking this in the first place if you were). The games selection is really just a bit lacking, especially in certain genres like shooters.

Not this year, the rumours are point out for a pro and a mini version. Wait and see what is best for you.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

I like it so far. It’s my first Nintendo since the og DS.

Attached: A081A55E-682D-40A0-BB38-ABD6858706F8.jpg (2016x1512, 1M)

Do you like ports from older games and indies? Then is the console for you
Sold mine after Ultimate , legit waste of money.

Astral chain looks cool tho but no 200$ cool.

For me it's ok because I hacked it and I play games I wouldn't buy otherwise like Kirby and Yoshi. Otherwise, I only find a few games worth my money. My personal advice is that if you aren't really looking forward to play a Switch game just wait another year or 2 and then play everything at once.

Doubt it

any frame drops in doa?

the wii u had free online, virtual console, miiverse, most of the same games as well as some that haven't been ported, a better pro controller, and the gamepad was comfier than handheld mode. it was better.

Collecting dust.
BotW was fun but the exploration is the main pull
Odyssey was good
Smash online is bad
Everything else isn't worth the time or is just cheaper/better elsewhere

This is the only reason I'd get one.

I want one so I can use it in public transport, but mostly because I want to play Smash and Mario Kart like the good ol' days.
Also, my birthday is right around the corner, so I'm probably either getting one, or getting enough money for one.

Yes, sadly, not during volleyball, but all the other activities yes.

virtual console is a scam, why would you defend paying $8 for super mario bros on the NES.
no one used miiverse.
pro controller sucked dick.
wii u exclusives all felt like low-effort library padding.

if you like nintendo first party games, jrpgs and other japanese games then go for it
if you want cinematic experiences and ubisoft style open world games then don't

I have pirated one but don't use it much. It was mainly for jrpgs like octopath and xenoblade 2 but got super bored with xenoblade 2. Maybe will pirate SMTV later when released. Wait if you don't plan to pirate yours and get the better model maybe?

Wait after E3.
There are rumors that a revision is coming.

It's great. Buy The World Ends With You: Final Remix. It's fun.

If you're an alcoholic like me, nothing quite beats playing drunk smash until 3 AM then waking up hungover and playing stardew valley in bed

Attached: 9bda6e8.webm (640x360, 1.13M)

But only if you play solo co-op mode and dual wield the joycon

virtual console is less of a scam than the nes classic, the snes classic, or the nes rom subscription service that nintendo's running now.
the wii u also had backwards compatibility instead of full-priced ports.

Uhh.... Google 8bitdo switch adapter or mayflash adapter

>paid roms are less of a scam then physical emulation boxes that you can hack and put all the games onto for free
>paid roms are less of a scam then free bonus NES games with a Nintendo Online membership
Not even that user but boy you're retarded

>physical emulation boxes that you can hack and put all the games onto for free
those already existed for cheaper, without artificial scarcity forcing people to buy them from scalpers on ebay. it's called raspberry pi.
"classic consoles" are a shameless cash grab. nothing more, nothing less.

The only people who vouch for it as a must have system are the people who ONLY have a switch.
I have a PS4, PC, and a Switch and I can tell you right now if I had to only choose one I'd go PC with PS4 second. After Odyssey and BoTW, some Smash and ARMs which was a ripoff by the way, it just sits there.
I fell for it and got one on release thinking it would have a multitude of games like pikmin and other Nintendo titles like that but nothings come from it. They blew their load with the surface games they promised just like they did with Wii and Wii U.

ehhhh give it another year.

>cheap emulation boxes
But do they come with official replica controllers that are just as good as the real thing?
>forced to buy them on ebay
Nobody is forcing you to buy anything
>raspberry pi
L O L

>nintendo Online NES
>comes FREE with something they'd make you pay for regardless
>"""scam"""

>subscription roms as a service
>now giving the west LESS games per month than japan, for no reason other than "thanks for the money, dummy!"
>somehow not a scam
you do realize that nintendo is a corporation, not your friend, right?

This.
But seriously. It's a nice little system. Good games on it, but way too many ports from Wii U and PS3 era, and this is coming from someone that didn't own a Wii U. Nintendo has to get their shit together in terms of online stuff, though I doubt they will. I can't bring myself to play it in portable mood for more than an hour. Pro Controller is great, but it needs so many fucking accessories, some of which are Nintendo-owned, that you can easily spend 500 on it just "setting up."

It's cool if you didn't have a Wii U

Attached: NintendoSwitchRanked.png (2815x1475, 3.48M)

Is MH gen ultimate really that good? I heard it was dead as fuck outside of high level play

Attached: 1545860544368.jpg (835x773, 333K)

I thought Gear Club was supposed to be terrible. I wouldn't mind a decent racing game

Nintendo is definitely back on the right path.
Third Party developers and multi-platform games are running back to Nintendo.

I thought it is quite expensive for what it is, but after they started purging degenerate content from their platform today, to protect their official focus group (Families) from sexual deviants, I say: Go for it. Do not forget to buy the pro controller. You like cardboard? Buy Labo too. Buy every game they have. Do not forget to buy some spare JoyCon's.

Why is MK8D so fucking high? Why are the two highest ones fucking Wii U ports, especially with the statement you made. I know about Dong Freeze but MK8 is just some normie tier trash that stops being fun after a while, like Mario Party, Or maybe I'm just really fucking stubborn about not paying 60 for a Wii U port.

Totally based console.

They are deleting trans-related stages in smash ultimate

Attached: 1541040089102.png (603x565, 518K)

>Princess code all the way down
Finally someone with taste

Attached: 1555628908264.png (499x630, 174K)

If you aren't importing a save from gen it might take a while to reach g rank, where pretty much everybody is at. I haven't played high since it launched, but I'm sure there should be at least some key quest only lobbies. Also the game is on sale on the eshop so I'm sure there are some newcomers playing it right now. But still, it's worth to at least farm a little bit in high rank for weapons and some armor so that you don't enter g rank completely naked.
The game also has a shit load of single player content, and all multiplayer quests can be played single player aswell although they will take more time to finish since HP is scaled for 4 players.

I like it and don't regret getting it last Black Friday but don't be a retard and get one now when the pro version is as good as confirmed to come out this year.

Well is there anything you want on it?

Thats pretty fucking neat

mine has been collecting dust ever since i got it pretty much. waiting for money to roll in and for titles i really gotta play to come along.

I bet he's touched a boob unlike every Switch owner.

I'm pretty mixed about it. This is coming from a Nintendo fan since I was little. Nintendo is still really the biggest part of the industry that I even bother to keep up with.

The Switch is something I've wanted since the Gameboy Player, the Transfer Pak, or the GBA Player on the Gamecube.
I love that I can swap between TV and handheld without needing to transfer save data.
It also has a pretty decent library so far in my opinion, with a lot i'm looking forward to.

The thing that's disappointing about it to me though is the lack of power.
I'm usually not one to care about this, but I can't tell you how many games that have come to the Switch that have suffered severe performance issues or have been neutered just to run on the thing. It's really disheartening. Most of the games are third party games, so it could just be incompetent studios not knowing how to optimize, especially since every Nintendo game so far has looked/performed great.
It's still just disheartening to see so many games I look forward to get butchered because of the poor specs on the Switch.
What's worse is when there's a patch to fix it, it takes so long to come out because of Nintendo's screening process.
Just yesterday I bought My Time in Portia and it takes like 3 minutes to load on launch. That's fucked up.

I really like the idea of the Switch and have had some good times with it, but I really hope a souped up model comes out soon.

I bet the PS4 controller would be so much better for the BotW.

only use it for tetris 99

>worth

Is this why Travis Strikes Back takes so fucking long to load?

Good game, comfy console, comfy threads, a bright future. I really like it and use it as my main platform. The Pro controller is the best one.

it's the best complement for a pc, I don't give a fuck if the graphics are a generation behind and I can only play at 30fps because playing on portable mode is the comfiest thing. You should wait for the e3 since they will certainly announce the switch mini

>my time at portia
that's literally cherry picking. That game runs like absolute garbage because plenty of indie developers just can't make optimized 3D games. Same with something like Xenon Racer, they are just incompetent. There are plenty of 3rd party studios releasing decent ports, like Tales of Vesperia, Hellblade, Crash Trilogy, Valkyria Chronicles 4 or the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11.

I think it's a horrivle console but it is getting every game so you will have something to play whatever genre you enjoy

Ninty really should have pushed the VC stuff out quicker than they have been.
Assuming it can run GameCube games the having access to a large back catalogue that you could play on tv or on the go would be great.

I have the same issue you have user.
I really want to play FFXII on switch for the tv/portable function. BUT I know that it would look better (and be cheaper) on the switch. So I constantly have to weigh up the portable aspect vs the performance and it's tiring after a while.

That said I enjoy my switch and probably regret buying the ps4 more than the switch. Only because I can just get everything on PC instead.

Even if I stop caring about video games, I would still come back to play the new Nintendo games.

Used mine almost every day since I bought it last year. I don't really care for home consoles, so buying it was more like a big upgrade over my 3DS since I primarily wanted it for MHGU, but I've bought a lot of games for it since.

What motivates a man to make a post like this?

Like I said, most of the games that seem to have these performance issues are from third party developers so it's highly possible that they just aren't being optimized at all.
Literally every Nintendo game I've played performs phenomenally. I still think Mario Odyssey is one of the best looking games I've played in recent years as far as stylized graphics go, and it runs smooth as shit too.
Maybe I've just been picking some bad games.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a Pro version or something though. It could really benefit from some extra horsepower.

I feel the same way about having to weigh the pros and cons when buying a game. And yeah they're sitting on a potential goldmine with VC. If only they'd realize it.

Your money, but you'll be a basedboy if you're ok with that

How is Tetris 99 not God Tier? It's Tetris against a shit ton of people

I didn't know it was possible to be this fucking retarded

Attached: 1551396434169.png (706x558, 969K)

>Torna a rank under base XC2