Is genichiro truly the most JUST character in all of soulsborne?

Is genichiro truly the most JUST character in all of soulsborne?

Attached: 1555648264277.jpg (1920x1080, 677K)

Yes.The amount of dignity he lost within 20 minutes in the first few hours of the game is staggering.
He reminded me of Ivar from Tales of Xillia. That is how JUST this guy is.

This shot looks so good

Genichiro is honestly the only character in the game I gave a shit about. His resolve to accomplish his goals and protect his homeland is admirable, even more so when you realize that he knows he's ultimately powerless.

Who's the most based and redpilled in all of Soulsborne and why is it Micolash?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

t. Genichiro

>le funny reddit cage man
Yikes. Shit gimmick boss fight to boot. Reminded me of DeS trash bosses. What was From thinking?

Yes. He is absolutely single-minded in his quest to restore Ashina to its former glory and fails almost every step of the way. Isshin doesn't even want to fight you when he shows up for the final boss, he's just been forcefully honor-bound into fulfilling his grandson's last wishes.
Isshin, on the other hand - easily in the top 5 best soulsborne characters
>Old and decrepit but still crazy powerful
>Only occassionally gets up from swigging booze and lounging around to destroy every internal ministry shinobi around his castle
>Dies of old age before the ministry can even get to him
>Gets to spend his last real moments facing a worthy opponent in Sekiro at the top of his game before dying an honourable death at the hands of a stronger opponent, fulfilling his wish of everlasting conflict until death.
God tier.

>Be born a homeless street rat
>get saved and become the adopted grandson of a legendary warrior
>watch your clan and all the people you love slowly decline due to Tokugawa shenanigans
>train relentlessly, fusing both the ashina and tomoe techniques into your fighting style
>permanently scar your body learning to control fucking lightning to make Ashina great again
>For all that you just get called a heretical shitter
>realize it may not be enough and seek immortality for your army
>grandpa who you once looked up to calls you a scrub for actually trying to do something and retires to being a drunk recluse with no concern for the clan
>find out that a shota can grant immortality
>treat him well and ask nicely
>he fucking refuses, grants it to his autistic naruto larper instead
>said larper fucking wrecks you because he can't die
>also grandpa is dead now
>find the black mortal blade, maybe it will give you a fighting chance
>fucking naruto wrecks you again
>summon grandpa in his prime from hell using your life force as a catalyst as one last desperate gamble to save ashina
>the last thing you here granpappy say is "lol you pitiful fuck I guess I'll clean this up for you"
>Die
Genichiro had a hard life

>Not Aldia
>Not Sulyvahn

Aldia is a nice character but his fanbase is misguided as hell.
Sulyvahn is an absolute faggot suckling at the excess Deep leaking off Kaathe's Abyssal balls and pretending to be big shit for it.

Attached: 1370216583913.jpg (235x250, 9K)

damn nigga that's hilarious

>he loves le epic sword anime man #982
w/ tragic backstory
yikes, FROM has gotten really creatively bankrupt as of late

Because he was emboldened by Wilhelm's teachings, the true path to ascension (eyes on the inside), while the rest of Healing Church were still fruitlessly trying to test ascension via the old blood. He couldn't stand their idleness, declared independence, decided to wall off Yahar'gul and do whatever it takes to reach the Cosmos, even if it meant sacrificing many in the process. He was the closest to ever achieving it too.

Attached: ascension.jpg (853x1280, 260K)

Aren't the deep and the dark fundamentally different things in the end? If they were the same you'd think yuria wouldn't be too happy about you killing both suly and Aldrich, assuming you had a common goal

gud post

Attached: FB_IMG_1554949230530.png (569x829, 976K)

The Deep was originally a different thing, until it somehow became infested/corrupted by Dark, which overtook it. Sulyvahn/Aldrich and Yuria don't seem to have the same goal, but whatever Sulyvahn's goal is, is fundamentally dependant on a power greater than his that he has no goddamn control over. He's the Pinwheel of Dark Souls III, he stumbled upon a power that is much greater than him and has been playing around with it but whatever win condition he thinks he has is nothing compared to what the big name players are doing.

At least I could remember him and that he was unique, unlike 95% of souls bosses.

Based.

Micolash could never reach ascension even with a thousand years in the Nightmare.

>pretending any "characters" from ds3 have motivations and backstories that make sense and aren't just retrofitted from the original scrapped game or meaningless ds1 references

>Pinwheel of DaS3
But he's basically the cause behind almost everything in DaS3's base game, especially if you believe he's also Lothric's mentor. His thing seems more to be the Profaned Flame than Aldrich's stuff

Pretending anybody gives a shit about what you "think"

Attached: 1409460004217.png (243x190, 26K)

>the last thing you here granpappy say is "lol you pitiful fuck I guess I'll clean this up for you"
Based

I don't "think" that though, it's a fact. Pontiff was the Old King of the Eclipse and Aldrich was a dark lord. There was none of that stupid lord of cinder shit and the characters presumably had some actual motivations unlike in the final game.

based poster

But he was close, that's what matters.

>fight enemy
>get owned
>try to cheese him with lightning spells
>still can’t beat him
>start summoning (your grandpa)
>doesn’t work
Is Genichiro the representation of the average dark souls player?

He's still ultimately irrelevant in the grander scheme of things, DS3 essentially breaks down to a conflict (even if indirect) between Kaathe and Ludleth, with you and the Firekeeper possibly coming in as spanners in the works to reset the whole board clean back to zero, and a side plot about paintings. There's zero indication Sulyvahn is doing anything that can actually influence the outcome of things, so he just comes off as some power-hungry cunt.

The big monkey fella that became immortal to get monkey pussy forever

So? "Old King of the Eclipse", the fuck does that mean? Aldrich as a Dark Lord, when we don't even know what an Age of Dark actually consists of.
You're basing your opinions on nothing when the characters in the game already act in mostly consistent ways excepting minor NPC stuff like Sirris who tells you she'll serve you forever and then runs off to die somewhere and Leonhardt who decides to pull a Lautrec for no good reason.

the characters in ds3 act "consistent" if you consider "consistently doing nothing" as consistent.
Old King of the Eclipse means he brought the eclipse to the world instead of it coming out of nowhere for no reason. Dark Lord means that Aldrich was working with the Old King instead of being a "lord of cinder" who decided to fuck off for no reason instead of linking the fire.
Sure we don't know much, but it's sad that the tiny amount that we do know about the characters' original roles and motivations makes more sense than what they are in the mediocre game that was released.

>the tiny amount that we do know about the characters' original roles and motivations makes more sense than what they are in the mediocre game that was released.
That's a fair opinion to hold user, but that's all it is. An opinion. I completely fail to see how "I already set myself on fire once and it sucks, I don't want to go and do it again, leave me the fuck alone I have better stuff to do" is not perfectly valid motivation.

>instead of it coming out of nowhere for no reason
>First Flame controls the power of fire
>Sun is a big ball of fire
>First Flame is about to die because it has no power anymore
>Sun starts going out as well
Really? This seems illogical or unreasonable to you?

when you put it that way yeah he is the kind of person who thinks that summoning is a legit strategy.

>Sun starts to go out
>Eclipse
?????
and it's not really an opinion that most DS3 characters had little to no actual motivations, read the lore. They couldn't even be bothered to put Kaathe, the only character with a defined motivation (although that's 99% because it was established in DS1) in the final game.

>They couldn't even be bothered to put Kaathe, the only character with a defined motivation (although that's 99% because it was established in DS1) in the final game.
Don't remind me of this, that fucking Primordial Dog statue in Ringed City still haunts my dreams.
And I don't know user, you saw it as an eclipse, I saw it as the sun having so little power, it was reduced to a ring of fire bleeding out in the distance. Eclipses don't cause the ring of the sun to bleed out into the horizon, do they?

Attached: Angry Moth Startup Noises.jpg (400x511, 119K)

>Most of the promotional material includes pic related
>Can't even go inside

There are no words on the English dictionary that can describe the sheer amount of disappointment that I felt from that DLC.

Attached: JUST City.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

It's strange looking for an eclipse, but it's a magic fantasy universe so I'm sure they took some liberties with the design.
I'm pretty sure they explicitly refer to it as an eclipse in game and it is definitely refered to as an eclipse in the game files, and eclipse is also what pretty much everyone else on the internet talking about it calls it. Also pontiff's original name being "Old King of the Eclipse" is a pretty big giveaway.

It's not an eclipse. The sun itself has gone hollow, and is now a gaping wound in the sky, much like the item we see given to the ashen one in the bad ending.

I've been in many Sekiro threads but this is the first time someone made me really consider Sekiro to be kino

Attached: 1554186764139.png (510x346, 209K)

Not really. The only ones who were close was anyone investigating umbilical cords and/or who created Rom. Micolash may have been right that blood was not the key but that doesn't mean what he was trying was. He contacted a rotten, retarded great one and got his mind trapped in a nightmare. I don't see how that's any closer to success than giving a city the werewolf plague, they're both not even remotely close to the goal.

>i don't like it, better throw the word reddit into the middle of my argument!

He was actually trying to contact Mother Kos, Brain of Mensis was a useless Great One to the School, as implied by the living string item description, stating its "rotten eyes". Eyes are of a significant importance in BB, as they grant ascension. Micolash and Wilhelm were right.

Attached: siegmeyer_of_catarina[1].jpg (470x570, 48K)

At least gael's a pretty fun fight, shame about the lack of a good conclusion.. I always found it odd that the DLC just kinda ends with his death so abruptly, no cutscene or anything for giving the painting loli the pigment either.

idk they could have at least given him the Ludwig treatment, exchange a few final words with him in his last moments of lucidity after he's beaten. maybe he asks you to finish his mission for him to deliver the paint and you get a choice between honoring his last request.. Or eating the dark soul or some shit for a bad ending

>He was actually trying to contact Mother Kos
I am aware.
>Brain of Mensis was a useless Great One to the School,
That was exactly my point, the only thing he was able to do was conjure a useless Great One, he didn't come anywhere close to accomplishing his goals.
> Eyes are of a significant importance in BB, as they grant ascension. Micolash and Wilhelm were right.
Yea again I know all that. It doesn't change that what Micolash did, didn't work and was never going to. Micolash and Willhelm were not correct because they had no clue how to line the brain with eyes.

Grandpa just know they are fucked. He is just a few days at most away from death and Genijobber ain't gonna save the clan himself

>he didn't come anywhere close to accomplishing his goals.
Still came closer than anyone else

DLC where genichiro comes back stronger after grinding the same mobs for a day when

Except, ya know, Rom who literally ascended. Also anyone who wrote the research notes on the Umbilical cords were closer than him as well. I'm not sure why you have such a boner for the idea that Micolash was right, if he was then he wouldn't have been wandering around in a fucked up nightmare with no great one in sight but a useless rotten mess. He clearly had no clue about the cords yet you find notes from people throughout the game who were studying him. I mean fuck dude there are unnamed characters who understood ascension more than him. Also if you're gonna argue that failed, dead end attempts that produce some result are close to success then I guess the Healing Church was close too since they created Ay lmao children.

Now that I think about it isshin just kinda preferred larping as tengu instead of helping his grandson

Rom was literally as retarded aas the brain

Becoming like Rom was Micolash's, goal as stated out of his own mouth. Word for word he asms to be made like Rom. Doesn't matter what we think of it, fags like Micolash wanted to ascend even if it meant being like Rom I guess. Summoning the rotten great one was unhelpful to him ascending, comparing it to Rom doesn't make any sense. We were talking about Micolash's goal and how close he was to reaching. Rom reached it, as stated by him. The rotten great one did not help him reach it, as is obvious by what happens and what the living string says thus he was no close to ascending like Rom who did actually ascend. I guess I also worded my last post incorrectly I should have said whoever transformed Rom is way closer than he ever was because I guess we don't know if Rom did it to herself. Point being there were researchers who knew more about the topic than Micolash did because Micolash didn't give a fuck about umbilical cords and that's the key to ascension.

The fight against Gael was amazing but honestly it all amounts to nothing. The Dark Soul is just a pointless item that you give to the painter and nothing happens after that. No cutscene, no new ending no nothing. Everything that was set up from DaS and DaS2? Yeah let's just forget that shit and leave everything open ended again. Miyazaki should just stick to doing single games and never touch sequels again.

Why didn't this jobber use the centipede water to make an immortal army

>Profaned Flame than Aldrich's stuff
The Profane Flame is also corrupted by the abyss just like the Deep is.