Why hasn't there been a huge RPG game set in the GoT universe?

Why hasn't there been a huge RPG game set in the GoT universe?

Attached: Game-Of-Thrones.jpg (628x399, 222K)

Because GRRM is old and fat.
He's over worked as an author and film maker as it is.

Because GoT is garbage fantasy tailored to women.
The sole reason it's popular/appealing it's because it has the highest production values ever put on a TVseries, not because it's good.

Probably waiting for the story to finish so they have a confirmed beginning and close to create a game around or in.

>waiting for the hype of the show to die down before making a game about it

give it 5 years. I think if you made a combat-focused, non-movie-type game, people expecting something similar to show would be disappointed. but if you made a game that was 60% cutscenes to appeal to that audience, it'd be overshadowed by the show which would obviously have been much more tightly produced.
anyway the only things that make the universe interesting (political maneuvering between rival houses, heraldry and fealty shit) aren't unique to the setting, so you'd be better off just creating your own world

Because SONY

Its too explicit for Snoy?

The flash game was pretty good

because the GoT license is fucking expensive as fuck now so it's not worth it.

Kinda odd that they made a RPG and RTS around when the show came out but haven’t done anything since outside of Facebook/mobile games and telltale trash.

Fpbp

Because it would just be the Witcher without the monsters.

Nintendo would censor it so won't work.

Before Stannis death, it was actually good.

GoT works on TV because there is very little like it.
Video games have no lack of generic fantasy.

i love reading those incel mental gymnastics.

You could always make it akin to Kingdom Come. But the issue is probably that it does not offer anything interesting gameplay-wise - the show is mainly interesting due to the characters and unless you do a constant
>LOL REMEMBER THIS DUDE FROM THE SHOW?
no one is going to give a fuck.

just download a mod for mountain blade or CK2. they aren't amazing but neither is the series

Because you can already set tax policies on plenty of games

>wanting a game adaptation of Contrived Drama: The Show
Yikes.

CK2 is almost an RPG so the Ice and Fire mod is pretty much that.

oh wow my incel meter is going off

Attached: 49770264_2492321054131330_3484242148151263232_n.jpg (261x201, 9K)

because game of thrones is absolute shit. Like normie shit.

I'd rather watch cape hero movies.

The books are slightly better in quality, but not by much

But the reason to use a franchise is to milk its fans and not its inherent values. They should have just made a VN with multiple routes, full nude and gore.
It would have printed money.

The best parts of the series are the political intrigue/betrayals/power changes. I would be fine if they made a political intrigue rpg but I don't know how they would be able to market that. Nor do I think it would be huge. If they made it take place outside Westeros that would be neat. Not that Westeros isn't interesting or couldn't work. Just an RPG within Westeros might feel redundant. I would prefer something like a Wildling RPG or something in the far east would be pretty cool.

All that said. The most likely big budget game is a mediocre at best ARPG Westeros RPG.

Think about it, if there is a GoT adaption it is going to pander to showfags. Do you really want that?

Attached: 20160919174352_1.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

What difference would that make?

holy shit we read the books we are so epic

well there have been tie-in games already for that purpose. a big-budget RPG would cost way more to make and probably wouldn't be much more popular, so it's easier to go with a cheaper production

Better than anime games at least.

>not liking a shit show for being shit makes you an incel
woke

because got is over and westworld is taking over, hbo is making sure of that. after the series finale the show will be forgotten faster than mafia 3 to make way for hbo's new cash cow.

not liking a show for being shit doesn't make you an incel
not liking a show for being "tailored to women" (when it clearly fucking isn't and you're just being paranoid) definitely makes you an incel

certain aspects in later seasons do a tad but thats not why its shit tbqh famalam

Because the majority of fans are normies. The same audience that watch the show but won't bother to invest into something like and RPG, let alone a video game.

Attached: 1524176840154.gif (320x240, 2.12M)

Its not that. The books are great. The show was sometimes kino and sometimes was really gay. But as soon as it surpassed all the source material it went exclusively gay. Its not a coincidence.

>westworld
>after that horse shit second season
you know they're preparing to make GoT show made in the ancient past.

Skyrim is really popular with normies, I could see a pretty basic rpg with the thrones licence being a success