How would you feel if Erdrick was picked as the representative for Dragon Quest in Super Smash Bros?

How would you feel if Erdrick was picked as the representative for Dragon Quest in Super Smash Bros?

Attached: DQ_Monster_Storybook_DQIII_group.png (700x648, 807K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S8RtYSmlGKI?t=1h36m13s
youtu.be/FmuTGcbu4Kc?t=544
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hyped as fuck.

Attached: 46CC2FF0-8E26-4C57-B3EB-574DE4CEC04B.jpg (1280x1400, 270K)

Bit sad because I would've preferred someone like Alena or Torneko but I can understand why they would go with him.

Good. Who the fuck picks warrior over martial artist as the second spot in the team though?

Attached: 1538154560583.jpg (1233x760, 635K)

He's the only rumored character I'm okay with to be honest, though I guess Banjo would be pretty cool. As long as its not fuckin Sora we're gucci

We won bros.

Attached: E14E1EA4-F8E4-475B-A62F-104F2B264FB2.jpg (1583x2048, 499K)

I wouldn't mind. He's been around since NES, so why not. Can't say I'm too interested in him, but he'd probably make a lot of people happy, so why not

shut up about smash u incel

Erdrick looks like a colossal faggot

have they said about the 2nd character or is it all just speculation

no the rest are canceled they kept getting to many death threats from incels

I mean already deconfirmed so

A "leak" being wrong doesn't mean that Nintendo won't pick a character from the most popular RPG series in Japan.

I saw fake leaks for Bowser Jr. back for Smash 4 (not the ESRB leak). They were proven fake. That wasn't deconfirmation, he ended up being in the game

Bored.

He's so expected and shilled at this point it'd be like the sky being blue or water being wet. There's no feelings but mild disappointment to describe how mediocre my emotions would respond.

Attached: 1529435427439.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

This I don't think he is going to be added though
I dunno I don't feel it
Iam unironically feeling Sephiroth is going to be the be the square enix one because of popularity and FF7 remake

That's the thing though. Everybody's shilled the shit out of anything unexpected to the point where we expect nothing but disappointment. Everything is a bad pick to someone. Everything is shit to everyone.

There's no point in speculation if all it does is sow chaos and divide people further.

Attached: DkFuf19UwAEU5VM.jpg large.jpg (1384x776, 115K)

I would rather have the V hero, but I'm cool with roto.

I'd understand him being chosen, but I would prefer 5's hero over Loto.

I'd rather it be the guy from DQ1

Pfft. It's probably gonna be luminary. That's like saying demifiend is gonna get in cause he's Nintendo! I dont see it.
Also, Brave isn't Erdrick. Its pretty obvious who it is.

Attached: 1555039575083.jpg (275x183, 5K)

this rosterfaggotry is pure cancer
most of it's just retarded underaged kids yelling at eachother who have never even touched the game of the characters they "want" but rather what will get them "internet points"

Attached: 1839596228_9ad33d508c.jpg (397x500, 63K)

Don't give two fucks about Dragon Quest but I'd be okay with it albeit mostly apathetic
Dragon Quest is iconic in Nipland and has a lasting legacy and influence

Attached: 1545442750836.jpg (905x807, 31K)

I want Reimu!

Same here. The REAL original DQ hero.

Expect him to be called "Dragon Warrior" in honor of the original localized name for the series.

source

>HATE ERDRICK
>LIKE CHRONO

Attached: toofar.jpg (558x614, 15K)

>Steve is the farthest away from the invitation
Makes sense, he's the only one not getting in after all.

Jessica would be a better choice.

Erdrick is lame

SOUL

Attached: main_visual.jpg (1280x546, 289K)

So you admit you're just a rosterfag who's just in it for the epic hype meme instead of actually playing the game

As long as best girl comes too.

Attached: f67b0a1eea91beee914c70977cf4d6d4b180cd4b.jpg (868x1228, 614K)

I would rather have a monster, but anything will do as long as DQ gets in.

Why do dragon quest bros like edrick? I heard he's important to lore? I'm playing XI right now ans I'd just assume square would put the newest protag in smash.

After seeing how underwhelming Joker's implementation is, despite all of the potential he had, I can't imagine Erdrick being anything but insanely boring.

>Joker
>Underwhelming

Attached: joker sault.png (1178x259, 31K)

She's in.

Attached: 262px-Fighter3female.png (262x599, 220K)

He's the legendary of hero of 3. He's constantly referenced in 1/2 and they made 3 a prequel. His game set the standard for JRPGs

Leaks were debunked a hundred times over, you're getting grinched more than the grinch leak guys.
But if he ended up actually getting in I would be incredibly underwhelemed for numerous reasons
>two JRPG protagonists in a row
>Anime swords man
>Robin clone
>actual literal who NOBODY cared about until he was speculated in the leak of the week
Reminder that only 10 people GENUINELY want Erdrick, the rest are rosterfags who only care about character reveals and not the actual game itself.

Attached: file.png (1015x81, 16K)

>Girl Tien

Attached: Wrong.png (328x347, 192K)

I'm only hyped if we get female Warrior thighs to go along with him.

Okay but who should really be in? Besides Heroes.

Attached: 163a236e5a84021a8b759d5aea3478a504ec3d0f.jpg (837x1150, 221K)

Joker isnt bad by any stretch, but from a gameplay standpoint he is pretty underwhelming. They could have done so much more with a character that can summon, but fucking Zelda makes more mechanically interesting use of the concept than Joker does.

Id be confused because Erdrick is a title given to all DQ protags, not a name.
I'd also be confused as to why we have a second thunder shooting sword mage after we got robin. I'd also be disappointed in the 2 songs we get for this non-character because DQ is a square property

Attached: 1555649127194.webm (1280x720, 2.03M)

>Zoma appears in the sky Viridi-style and teleports you to the other world
>Zoma pops in as a boss

Which one?

>not playing male Erdrick with a harem of female warrior, female martial artist and a female priestes who goes into sage.

Erdrick

Attached: shhh.gif (310x262, 260K)

Nigga Doomguy would fucking throw Erdrick out of his way to get that invitation. This pic doesn't make sense.

Wakey wakey plantfag

>Edward Elric is trending right now
What does that mean?

Attached: c2a29357feae4da9bd1623dce5233c3d.png (800x900, 401K)

SORRY BLOCKBOY AND BITCHBEAR. THIS TOAD IS SMASHING THIS PARTY.

Attached: battletoads-2.jpg (1920x1555, 453K)

youtu.be/S8RtYSmlGKI?t=1h36m13s

>Piranha Plant

*ahem*
A toast to Pankraz, Gotha, and Debora! But also
FUCK ERDRICK AND FUCK LADJA

Attached: 1555115155886.jpg (703x1000, 350K)

Oops wrong pic

Attached: 9D7D5C34-D96D-4B10-9F6C-BB89E21E90A5.jpg (1571x2245, 595K)

FUCK TORIYAMA

>He's not maining the female which is basically Videl

Pretty sure it's because Vic is suing Funimation.

Last they said was “we’re currently working hard on the rest of the fighters. Please stay tuned for news in the future.” We know nothing concrete on who they could be just yet.

youtu.be/FmuTGcbu4Kc?t=544

i want him, with a tension mechanic

Attached: download (2).jpg (94x208, 7K)

Erdrick would be interesting, but at this point would be the character that would garner the least reaction possible out of me.

Why don’t you stop being a pussy and finally off yourself?

Attached: FF01D942-CE93-4539-B852-332662AF3132.png (596x175, 35K)

Yes, I want more anime swordsmen in the game, so as long as he has a counter I'm ok with it.

I just want a DQ representative. I don't care if it's DQ3/5/8 Hero, Luminary or whoever.

>Joker's gimmick is that he can summon every Persona imaginable
>Limit him only to Arsene
His character is a giant let down.

Fuck Erdrick

Attached: 1527820459863.png (800x500, 816K)

Crash is in, cope harder B-tier mascot.

another jrpg character....zzzzz........

it's because Elon Musk changed his profile picture to Ed and all the normies are freaking out

Boss everytime

Slime would be a better DQ rep

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (218x231, 7K)

at this point i just want resetera's cult of insiders to get it wrong

t. retard

wrong

Never realized how much that looked like Marth's sword.

I would just make Goku in Smash jokes desu I don't even have a switch

Attached: 1435632216255.png (1015x573, 754K)

Erdrincels deserve the rope.

Attached: 1555533972119.jpg (698x824, 352K)

he looks like gohan not goku you dingus

Wrong again

Attached: jester.png (881x655, 758K)

what game?

Completely disinterested

That just makes it more funny to me you fool

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀.jpg (427x375, 23K)

He doesn't know PABISSHU and his affinity for classic DQ3 girls.
Fucking sad

Dragon Quest is bigger than Banjo

You high nigga? Erdrick specifically refers only to the DQ3 protag, with the protagonists from 1 and 2 being his descendants. His Japanese equivalent is Loto.

And Resident Evil is bigger than Dragon Quest. Your point?

can't believe this total non-leak had traction

Got a code for that stage?

Attached: sensible chuckle.gif (250x250, 993K)

>Id be confused because Erdrick is a title given to all DQ protags, not a name.
retard

You... you've never played DQ at all have you?

correct

Sorry but he’s in, canonically the first Erdrick.

Attached: 66B1E16D-E08E-4FEF-8E37-1D66D6A27EA6.png (604x540, 259K)

>Brave isn't Erdrick. Its pretty obvious who it is.

Who do you think it is? Curious to hear other opinions in who brave is besides the same tired Edrick argument.

Toriyama is such a hack. All his characters look the damn same.

>Brave isn't the character whose always referred to as a Brave in every Japanese pop culture
>Its pretty obvious who it is
Autism

The only character who is on the verge of deconfirmation is Steve

People don’t understand that a senior manager like Audrey would in fact know about Steve and would be under NDA but they decided to try to ignore and dethrone the reason

It's pretty BRAVE of me to join Smash, huh?

Attached: file.png (305x165, 56K)

The one thing that always bothered me about Tansut’s info is that he assumes not being corrected means he’s right about it being Erdrick

He might not realize his source that was already given shit for the last leak, didn’t deny or confirm who he suggested for a reason

Wakey wakey, Jobhan.

Attached: 1548969856781.png (800x1038, 361K)

It would be very nice, though it would depend on how they include.
The nightmare scenario is not just 'not getting a DQ rep' for me, but instead getting Roto but ultra westernized and made more generic, without say, DQ's iconic battle SFX, for example.
Excellent taste.

Attached: DyYT6S5UUAE6wGu.png (800x835, 800K)

wrong brave bear

Attached: 1555569094902.png (800x500, 1.16M)

You didn't hear? Maybe you'll be the next one...

Attached: bustup_16_07 (Texture 0).png (960x560, 69K)

GUNS WON'T WORK ON HIM YOU'LL JUST PISS HIM OFF

Banjo wouldn't want you to be so aggressive.

But Kazooie would

Oh, how cute Banjofags trying to stir shit. I don't mind getting Erdrick not getting in, I still have more DQ games to look forward. Banjo on the other hand, is pretty much dead and irrelevant outside of the Smash bubble with no future ATM. I would seriously hate to be on your shoes.

Fair point.

Isn't everyone involved with DQ pretty much on the brink of death? I heard the writer is in the hospital. Once they are gone, DQ will be over, and then even the most stubborn of nips will have to bow to their new overlord.

Attached: 1542236727332.png (327x364, 134K)

Dunno where you get that, Sugiyama has a successor who has composed for a few spinoff titles, Toriyama basically only puts the guidelines for the character designs instead of drawing them himself and Hori while still involved in the Design has a few people involved in Producing and Directing the games. DQ as a franchise is pretty far from over.

I just want Doomguy

They all have successors.

>I heard the writer is in the hospital
False. He was sick to comment but not in the hospital.

Please keep your lincoln park cringe factory game out of smash, thank you.

Bro.
>Toriyama - Toyable
>Sugiyama - Forgot his name
>Horii - Takeshi Uchikawa
They all have people to succeed them. Even if they didn't they'd get people who will do things in a similar style. DQ is too big to do a massive change.

Alright.
It'd better be small Erdrick though

We almost have enough shotas for an 8-man team