Is this the worst games reviewer?

Is this the worst games reviewer?

Attached: 0814B57E-8B4D-4757-90F3-7BBABF798ABA.png (2048x768, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Hey hey people

No, there's literally trannies who can't even play games that are worse than Yahtzee.

>People calling Sseth right wing when he lterally has a tranny pillow
Didn't think it was possible to be this retarded 2bh

Attached: 1555435556033.webm (1200x675, 2.91M)

>webm
bro... it's just a game

Yahtzee can't play games good either, yet constantly makes fun of casual games

nobody is genuinely interested in his opinions as much as they are his dumb metaphors

Some older Sseth's reviews are actually impressively bad, like "i just tell the entire plot and then have nothing to add" bad.

He's not a reviewer.
He's a comedian, and he makes jokes about video games, and structures his act like a review.

No.
Angryjoe is the worst game reviewer.

Attached: Angry-Joe-Vargas.0.0.PNG.jpg (1200x800, 151K)

Is Donald Trump the worst ballerina?
Can't be a bad game reviewer if you don't review games.

at least he didn't fucking need an easy mode in Sekiro like 99% of games bloggers

he was originally reacting to the new star wars movie trailer

The thing about sseth is that he's fun to listen to in his newer stuff.
His SS13 review is basically him recounting wacky adventures and nothing else and it's one of his best.
Also his taste in games is more based than 99% of Yea Forums

This is the same shitty excuse that people use every time. Your audience treats it like a review. It is your opinion. If it is not a good review, you cannot use "it's comedy" as a shield every time

>mad at jokes

See also:Dunkey

>furious that things that aren't reviews are bad reviews

My ham and cheese sandwich would be a shitty car

Aw man, they got Angry Ese, dude.

Attached: 1555455757142.png (658x367, 388K)

even when he's totally fucking wrong, he never fails to make me laugh
when you've seen some of the things i've seen, that matters

>seething so badly over some fedora-tipping "reviewer" that you think people are defending him when they're not

It IS comedy. If people treat it as reviews, that's their problem. It's also his opinion, I'm not sure why it can't be both. Most comedy acts bring in a ton of their opinions.

>getting this tilted because he was politically not queer commie in old reviews
okay trannies

is he tough? he knew both destinies were shit before most reviewsers

Where the fuck was I tilted?
I just said his best reviews are him retelling stories
How fucking bad is your reading comprehension

>Hour long videos with zero substance and a lot of whining about fucking nothing as he dresses up in costumes
>Complains about Nintendo robbing Seven Dollar Sanchez of his money as he shows off a $10,000+ supercomputer he plays video games on
>Only ever covers the most popular, trending AAA productions possible, either complaining about games that already have massive negative reactions to them, or viciously fellating popular games

He legitimately has less value as a creative platform than YongYea.

Attached: 1533996415960.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

>when you've seen some of the things i've seen, that matters
are you saying you've seen such hilarious sights that nothing can compare or that you've seen such horrible things that led you to despair?

>only liking someone because of their political alignment
I get it, a lot of leftists and right wingers shove their political alignment down your throat but if knowing their political alignment only comes from analysing their tweets, i don't think it really matters

>not reading my post
But that's fucking stupid

As much as I'm not a fan of the whole comedy+review thing for reasons already stated in this thread, I think Yahtzee is fairly funny and honest in his opinions. In other words, you could do much worse

What's wrong with Yongyea?

>Actually talks about the game.

Makes him instantly 60% better than most youtube reviewers desu.

>I'm fast, british, and condescending, so my rushed rant on opinions is valid and smart!

Attached: IMG_7731.gif (262x300, 2.89M)

That's just the state of modern interactions.
I know that people on /ck/ stopped using recipes from seriouseats because the main editor turned out to be a SJW.
Like how fucking braindamaged do you have to be to stop using a dudes Taco recipe because he once said he likes transgender people.
How fucking hard is it to seperate politics and other shit today?

Nothing really, he's just useless if you do any kind of reading on any journalist's site before he reports on them. I'll give him credit in that he pretty much exists to be a mirror for standard "reporting" sites, but his content is pretty much "WOAH BOY YOU WON'T GUESS WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH X" followed by him reading a web article verbatim, followed by "Like comment and subscribe and lemme know what you think about X YONG OOOOOOOUTTT"

This insufferable twit is the worst Internet personality of all time. I’d rather watch the goddamn Walker brothers and Linkara on a 24 hour loop.

i agreed with his sekiro review

the skits are beyond cringy, he is casual as fuck, and he doesnt know much outside of his confort zone games.
that said, he tries to be neutral in his reviews, and if theres shit going on in the ame he said it.

He just reads news articles written by game journalists and does everything he can to stretch his videos out as much as possible without adding anything substantial to the topic. It's lazy, creatively bankrupt and bland, but in an inoffensive kind of way.

i know man, its absolutely infuriating. That being said though, you have to take it on a case by case basis like, in my opinion its ok not to like someone like Jim Sterling because of their political opinions because he shoves it down ur throat in most of his videos. On the other hand, not liking Super Bunny Hop because he has leftist views is asinine because that hardly shows in his videos

No he is the best. I don't actually need someone to tell me what to think about games, so I just watch "reviews" for a laugh. That is why Yahtzee is the best. his reviews are actually best when they are for games you have already played.
Shield from what? user not liking his opinion? I am sure he couldn't really give a fuck.

This is the true answer. He doesn't even play most games he reviews for more than 2-3 hours.

I used to be quite fond of him until more recently than most. At one point he seemed to genuinely care about consumers and even let Geoff Keighley humiliate him while asking some well-meaning questions.
I was going off him for a while (after he felt the need to moralfag over the GamerGate thing) then had enough after his meltdown over not having a vacation in over 10 years, when his uploads were stagnant and almost all low-effort, shit movie discussions.

>it's like dark souls but it's not
>rather than say 'dark souls', I'll name James bond movies, because that's hilarious
>review ends with no worthwhile comments made about the game
So by agreeing you mean you have no opinion on Sekiro then?

>he talks about new games, therefore he must be a reviewer

hes a critic
why is this so hard to understand

fucking this.
Just unfollow them on twitter like holy shit.
There are tonnes of people I have been like
>I like this persons content, follow on twitter
>well that is fucking retarded political stuff
>unfollow on twitter
>continue enjoying their content.
I mean fuck, I even do that with IRL people and friends. Twitter was a goddamned mistake. Posting random nonvidya tweets, even from vidya related people should be a permanent ban.

>Retard from /pol/ has to bring the concepts of transsexuals in this discussion
>Another /pol/tard sees the above reply and to bring the concept of left wing and right wing
Dude were talking about Yahtzee A AUSTRALIAN so don't bring your garbage 2 political party only system used in America to this thread

he clearly had his opinion though maybe watch the vid again or something

Yahtzee's great. He's funny and he explains games really well for being someone who doesn't rely on video game footage or even really talking about the games most of the time. After I've watched a Yahtzee review I pretty much know whether or not I want to play the game, and not necessarily because Yahtzee told me I'm supposed to like it. I can tell from his review and his position whether or not it's for me. Also it's nice that his reviews are often worth seeking out for their own sake, and that way I sometimes find out that some games I never would have considered could be interesting to me.

>it takes two whole posts from any discussion to randomly turn into shitposting about trannys
Wow, impressed you could constrain yourself for that long.

It's just the way of this modern interconnected, social media world we're in now. I absolutely feel the same way but every thing is just so tribal now.

Nope, this thing is.

Attached: jimsterling.jpg (2048x1036, 153K)

>all game journos are one person

Not at all the worst.

I have never seen anyone else so perfectly talented as using simple written video game reviews to create assblast. And no one will ever be able to match that talent either. Like it is actually performance art. The best part is his actual reviews aren't really bait, it's just the arbitrary numbers he attaches.

And what was it then chief?
Ah wait, he didn't have one, so you'll post the equivalent of 'Google it' because you're a lazy twat.

Perhaps OP was wrong.

This.

Even worse.

I think he's one of the best
>Make his opinion about a game clear in only 5 minutes
>Not afraid to change his position if given new elements
>Clear diction, and understand no one wants to watch someone gesticulate in front of a camera so he puts little cartoons to illustrate his point, high production value for someone apparently working alone
>Generally focus on what doesn't work in a game rather than praising it blindly
>Firmly against "story" games that have virtually no gameplay nor good writing, sequels adding nothing, ubisoft, etc

Ah, but he aims to entertain while working, must mean he's shit at his job.

The opening line begs the question of other reviewers.
You're implying that transsexuals aren't worthy for this discussion you bigot.
BIGOT

The fuck are you talking about? The guy said 99% of game journalists, which is fairly accurate. What part of this upsets you?

>And what was it then chief?
It was pretty clear that he preferred Dark Soul's giving player the choice of how they want to play the game's combat, whether it be sword fighting, magic, a fucking polearm up the ass, standing right in front and blocking attacking, or rolling around and stabbing from behind. Sekiro doesn't give you this kind of freedom at all and majority of the combat breaks down to learning parry times to defeat most enemies.

/pol/ doesnt hate 2d traps
only 3d ones

As Yea Forums would say 3dpd

He barely talks about the game. He makes the most extravagant, nonsensical, Family Guy tier comparisons for 5 minutes and calls it a day.

He's fat and he jizzed on his own face

Makes me sad that many people cannot understand fast speech.
Should use subtitles in that case

The best example was when he reviewed Halo Wars by only completing a single mission. People got so angry about it because they thought reviewers should need to play more than 30mins of a game to review it. Some of the most salt i've seen from a game review.

a stupid opinions that's honest is still stupid

haha i remember watching his vids posted on digg haha good times haha

youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

Attached: afsdv@#%gad.png (800x779, 73K)

cool. I did once by accident years ago. Didnt think I could shoot a load so far. Actually got some in my mouth to. Im not fat though.
He is also 100% correct about the god damn tedium of stealth kill, hide, stealth kill, hide, fight boss.

*extremyl whiny voice*
TRIPELL AYYY PUBLISHAHS

So his opinion was that its like dark souls except when it's not
Woah, what an insightful review. He spoke really fast and in an accent so it's even better.

This
Also add the fact that he has equal appreciation for games with well written stories and simple arcadey games.

idk, I think he topped it with the BOTW 7/10. That is by far his greatest masterpiece.

also stealth is pretty half assed and minibosses surrounded with a lot of enemies are annoying because the safest way to deal with them is to stealth kill - hide - stealth kill until all of them are gone which can be time consuming and frustrating
also the fact many times if you enter into a mini boss or boss stage you lose all your stealth and grappling abilities

seriously his points are super clear, i dont undestand how user could not understand it

retard

He's not really a reviewer, he's more of a comedian. Which is fine, since he's usually funny, but the common perception of him as a reviewer is annoying.

Don't respond to me again

>talks fast in Non-american accent
>I dont understand how cletus could not understand
Think user think. He also sometimes uses large words.

His favorite game is bioshock infinite though.

No he's a reviewer (or I believe he prefers the term critic), he just adds comedy to it

He's a bong though.

im eastern european and his accent is extremely easy to understand and the way he pronounces words is super clean

I agree. I can appreciate him while still disagreeing with his opinion, that's how I know he's a good reviewer

I'm not the one shilling for some trash "game journalist" my dude.

>attempts to satirize yahtzee
>somehow less funny and more obnoxious

seriously?

Isn't it Portal?

>im eastern european
ERR. That is not the problem. Try again. I'll give you a hint, I think the user may suffer from living between Canada and Mexico.

he's a stale cracker.

no, you're just a brainlet that can't understand basic arguments

Nah, he's taking the piss.

I think it's Symphony of the Night

(You) and please see As above.

dude isnt even fast, its all post production editing magic. I stopped being his fan when I realized how fake the whole thing was. Just watch any of his live events, he's basically a double digit iq moron that talks even slower than a regular person.

I WANT GABE AND YAHTZEE TOGETHER AGAIN

Attached: Kinda+sad+no+one+has+mentioned+lets+drown+out+or+_78529da82f8de1587e02e3a9754fa2c4.jpg (800x600, 68K)

>another smug bong that loves the sounds of his own voice

yawn, seen this episode already, he gets asscancer and dies in the end

He's not so much a reviewer as he is an entertainer. His whole thing is that he rips into everything but to be honest, many of his criticisms are actually pretty valid. Whether or not those criticisms are always something that can actually ruin a game for you is a different matter, but they are still fair points nonetheless. Even the best games have their flaws and he's generally pretty good at pointing them out. The reason he isn't really a reviewer is because the ONLY things he points out are the flaws. It doesn't matter how valid those flaws are, it can't be a full review unless you also address what you liked about it but because that's not what people watch him for, he doesn't do it. He has a shtick and he sticks to it for comedic effect which makes him an entertainer, not an actual reviewer.

I have a feeling you aren't ready to converse like an adult, so why even answer the user?
Do not respond until you get your act together

haha zoomer

Have you seen Jerry Seinfeld's review of parakeets?

He fucking deserves that salt. 30 minutes is not enough to judge a game. What if it gets really bad towards the second half, or the other way around?

His reviews are good its just he has a very cringey fanbase. People can't seem to understand that he's playing a character and his reviews are comedy. You're not supposed to take his opinion seriously.

Angry Joe is a fucking cuck retard
Go back to dunkey's video where he played Guns Of Icarus with youtubers? Angry joe was a fucking cuck during that entire session and constantly put himself on the forefront. Dunk's video has two highlights, but you can go hunt down the footage to see how much of a faggot loser he is and tried to put himself on a table in front of all of the individual viewers to get subscribers.
Also, he complained about rent a week after buying an Xbone+PS4.

He's a casual fuck who's good at editing and some people have deluded themselves into thinking he has good taste and knows shit. Not that I haven't agreed with him on occasion but it's painfully obvious how shit he is at video games and that he gets mad at dumb little things that shouldn't matter. This is the guy who both loved Bioshock Infinite and talk over 30 minutes to kill fucking Great Jaggi in MH Tri.

Attached: 1284116168598.png (638x480, 128K)

He's the fucking worst about it. I give Yahtzee shit, but Dunkey's """""reviews""""" are some of the shittiest things on the planet and they're treated as gospel by the e-celeb crowd.

Yea and Nah. Like, the reviews are dogshite, but people usually have the same impulsive, dogshite opinions about vidya, so it's an honest review and one that's held accurate by a bunch of dogshite people

His last updated top 5 (this was like 2009) IIRC is and not in this order

>Portal
>Spider-man 2
>Silent Hill Two
>Prince of Persia sands of time
>Fantasy World Dizzy (regularly says praise for it is just a joke about Nolstalgia.)

>Also, he complained about rent a week after buying an Xbone+PS4.
Because if he didn't get those he'd be out of a job, idiot.

They are his reviews and his personal opinion framed to add jokes in. I don't see the problem. A reviewer isn't bad just because you disagree with his assessment.

No motherfucker I said don't respond to me at least not until you grow some semblance of a brain that can form coherent arguments relevant to the comments at hand.

>talk
Shit, that was supposed to be took.

i hate dwterminator

>dude isnt even fast, its all post production editing magic
It isn't, it's just scripted so he can read it fast. Also he's gotten slower with time.

I'm pretty sure you can add DaS to the list at this point, given how much he masturbates to it.

Attached: ego.png (1280x1434, 1.81M)

>converse like an adult
Because Yea Forums is a real meeting of the minds, much akin to the Yale debate club.
Giving an option in a British accent doesn't make it worth more, it means even less when said opinion is limited and/or an opinion already made by people elsewhere.

Fair enough, have a (You) though, might help you calm down a tad.

Of course you would, due to your crippling autism. You have a high tolerance for stupid shits screeching and gesturing at the camera, like a troubled child.

There's a difference between having a pretyped script that you rattle down and can edit if you're not understandable enough, and a live event where you have no script and have to be clearly understandable on the first attempt.

Swap out Fantasy World Dizzy for DaS then.

White people age like milk holy crap

I'm pretty sure he can at least play Doom and Cuphead. So obviously not the worst.

>can't recognise the hunters symbol despite reviewing tlou
>doesn't recognise the chocobo theme
>readily admits to being a Superman fanboy
>overly praises Bioware games
Much worse than Yahtzee.

That I have to disagree with. His 5 minute episodes aren't objective, reasoned, or well-put together enough to be considered an actual review, and I think saying he is a serious critic or reviewer paints him in a very unfavorable light. As a comedian using the medium of a game review he hits a good balance of wittiness, dry sarcasm, and colorful metaphors but as a critic he is totally lacking. Consider his critique of Super Mario Galaxy. A supremely mechanics focused game, yet he doesn't go into any detail about platforming mechanics or level design, he mostly makes weird comments on the writing and compares it to Jason X. That's fine as a comedy sketch, but as a critique of Super Mario Galaxy it's laughably bad.

I won't even mention his critiques of fighting games, JRPGs, or other genres he admits to not being a fan of because that would just be unfair. Like I said, I consider him funny enough to watch from time to time, but if he genuinely considers himself a serious critic that adds comedy as a unique draw then he really needs to re-evaluate his life.

Tell that to Keanu Reeves, and RDJ, and Paul Rudd.
There's another factor here

>Some fat bogan fuck who can't shut the fuck up terrorising San Francisco with his lanky british sidekick
Why isn't this a TV show yet?

Because if someone brings up an issue with their review they'll just say "it's a joke bro" like when CinemaSins purposefully lie about the movies they watch. Dunkey, for example, misrepresented both Octopath Traveler and Silent Hill 2 and when people called him out on the subject his fanbase claimed it was a "joke" and "satire".

>Florida couple fattens up
YA DONT SAY?

Attached: 1548696602336.png (512x443, 108K)

Sure but that's straying from the point, now you're criticizing his fans and not his reviews. What is the problem with them, other than "he shat on a game I liked"?

He puts jokes first and the actual review second. He's an entertainer, take it or leave it. Imagine the absolute ultra sperg you'd need to be to, firstly, take his "opinions" seriously, and then on top of that, get anally assblasted because they're not the same as yours.

RDJ is looking pretty rough around the edges, especially with that fucking absurd tony stark goatee. If you'd said Tom Cruise I would have agreed.

Attached: 1533575427265.jpg (618x410, 53K)

But I never brought up the reviews themselves I addressed specifically the excuse people use.

Yathzee, dunkey and Sseth are funny. Thats why i like them.

If i want actual reviews i watch Mandalore, Civvie and the like

Attached: Come_on_now.png (505x427, 90K)

he doesn't review games

A couple of days ago he was whining about fascists, and saying memes were a gateway to fascism. I guess he hasn't looked in the mirror, has he?

His tits are bigger than hers.

Dunkey

You'd have to be a 12 year old white nigger to find his stuff funny and his opinions are hot trash.

I think he's okay. He's just some asshole that plays games and then tells you what he thought afterward. I've watched maybe six of his videos since he started though. So maybe all of his other videos are awful. I wouldn't know.

/pol/ here, i can confirm this

ZANGADO

Gabe fucking carried LDO.

Quite fond of the 180 he's done. Don't have the screens myself but an user had a number of tweets where he was full anti-sjw.
Despite trying to be edgy, he knew it wouldn't fly in the mainstream, so he backtracks it all and goes full sjw for the sweet sweet patreon bucks.

Yeah right. He legit made Yahtzee sound like an optimist and he's still wrong about the goty argument

I still like Yahtzee

So, there's no problem with his comedic reviews I guess. Your point?

The only reason it even turned into an argument was because Yahtzee threw a tantrum about Gabe taking the long route. A tantrum that ended up taking more time than if he had just let Gabe waffle. Yahtzee seems like a constantly impatient, self absorbed and judgmental piece of shit that I can't even begin to understand how any could stand to be around.

He tended to drone on and needed to constantly be dialled back. He's sometimes on a youtube channel with one of his friends and they're unwatchable.

Gabe ain't a perfect good boy without fault, but again, if Yahtzee didn't fly off the handle and let the man talk they'd have gotten back on track a lot quicker than his constant bullshit. Especially when he typically did it in the most obnoxious way possible.

No, there is. He's purposefully misleading people and people defend it under the guise of comedy.

>he got caught talking about himself on Yea Forums
ah, those were the days

ITT: EVERY YOUTUBE VIDEOGAME REVIEWER IS ABSOLUTE TRASH AND A FILTHY CASUAL

It's the same shit you see with the AVGN. "Guys it's just his character!" Even if that where the case (And I doubt it is because both of them come off as right retarded in their other vids.) it doesn't change the fact that most of their viewers are taking them at their word while they do very little to argue it and are frankly very rarely ever all that funny.

His constant shilling of his garbage y/a novels is evidence of this.

Got the caps of it?

Yahtzee and Dunkey are great because they put weaboos in their place.

But that led to silly arguments that were somewhat entertaining. Them both just agreeing and being nice to each other souns boring.

Yahtzee got lazy. That's about the size of it. It's why he sticks to the escapist instead of moving on to greener pastures. Nobody else would let him half ass a 5 minute power point presentation once a week about a game he doesn't even seem like he's required to even beat. Often by his own admission. He hasn't even done his written column in ages last I checked.

Attached: Shino pointer.png (608x600, 210K)

Almost every popular reviewer isn't popular because of their good opinions, it's because of their "comedy". CinemaSins is the most popular movie review channel and they're fucking godawful, but they're still huge.

>He's purposefully misleading people
I don't think so, those reviews aren't presented as anything other than comedy.

I mean, his stalker/wife is loaded so he doesn't even need to work anymore. Wouldn't you become lazy as well?

it sure smells like incel in here

No, he actually likes good games at the very least

This, literal NPC Faggot
> Best games according to Angry Joe himself
> 1. X-Com UFO Defence
> 2. Halo: Combat Evolved
> 3. Halo 2
> 4. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
> 5. Street Fighter II
> 6. Halo 3
> 7. Red Dead Redemption
> 8. StarCraft (1998)
> 9. Pokemon Red/Blue
> 10. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
> 11. Fallout 3
> 12. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
> 13. Battlefield 1942
> 14. Rome: Total War
> 15. The Last Of Us
> 16. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
> 17. Mass Effect 2
> 18. Dragon Age: Origins
> 19. Mass Effect

He got me into painkiller and saints row and sometimes he can be kinda funny. I honestly dislike his friend Jim sterling more.

They're still his opinion and attempting to prove a point

> 3 Halo Games
> 3 Bioware Games
> 3 Elder Scrolls Games
> Fallout 3
> Gen 1 Pokemon
> Witcher 3 & TLOU
Jesus Christ, what a fucking casual

All good games, just obvious choices where all the thinking has been done about them beforehand.

Yahtzee or Dunkey videos have so little substance to them as a videogame review that there's no other reason why you'd want to watch them other than for the humor and presentation. Like it's not going to change your opinion on videogames or provide some additional insight as if it were a 2-hour long video essay.

They hanker back to the old days of late 90's/early 00's videogame magazines where reviewers would try to write with entertaining the reader as the top priority, as they'd often increase or slash scores for the silliest of reasons (I remember that a local zine gave MGS2 a 5/10 for the sole reason that you played as the girly-ass faggot Raiden instead of Solid Snake) or completely screw with the traditional review format by mostly just shitposting about the game. Nowadays journos take themselves too seriously but still lack any insight in the games themselves that would make them worth reading.

Said excuse doesn't really work for AVGN and CinemaSins because the opinions in AVGN are largely serious with bits of humor mixed in whereas CinemaSins is so devoid of humor and presents itself completely seriously that said excuse feels like bullshit.

>THREE Halo games

Reminder that Joe claims to be a PC gamer, but has never played Half-Life or Portal

Yes, that's what reviews are. What is your point, anyway?