Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Released - March 18, 2014

I know it's been a while, but was there ever an official explanation as to why Chico had some sort of headphone jack hole in his chest?

I'd attempt to ask Kojima myself, but I can't get any contact information for him from his studio website.

Attached: ChicoTape3_01.jpg (1920x1088, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RngF7QxzA7w
youtube.com/watch?v=dE8U_c01Mk4
youtube.com/watch?v=CqtLkmjAvK8&
youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7TnNKylgg
youtube.com/watch?v=EaABZqW4DNg
memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/ca13cc4d-6e14-474a-bab7-c09bc4279562
doctorshrugs.com/foxhound/comic.php
youtube.com/watch?v=oU5UQ4SOqEo
youtube.com/watch?v=7oday_Fc-Gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_384228194_preview.jpg (1920x1080, 752K)

Gonna post some Paz to pass the time.

Attached: 1419028386464.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

I don't think so. I couldn't give less of a shit about what happens to a PW character anyway.

Fair enough. But I need to know. It's been bugging the crap out of me for 5 years now.

Attached: 1449633367080.jpg (756x1080, 114K)

Attached: 1467072668220.png (496x656, 286K)

V's development was such a fucking mess it's probably some weird idea Kojima had that they ended up scrapping, but since a part of the story was released as Ground Zeroes, they couldn't just go back and get rid of it so it's just there without any explanation.

vocal cord parasites

Attached: GZ Mag Throw.gif (640x360, 2.65M)

Epic fail.

Attached: vlcsnap-2016-06-28-23h57m59s106.png (1280x738, 579K)

Attached: GZpaz.jpg (1536x1640, 503K)

Attached: 1372459380419.png (599x330, 411K)

Attached: 1403291921006.png (796x1664, 1.67M)

Is that the precursor to
>Nanomachines, son

I'm guessing it was a dropped story beat of the vocal cord parasites. Wasn't he suppose to come back a cyborg ninja until that was cut?

Attached: 3_Swimsuit_Paz.jpg (1024x696, 287K)

Official? No. Probably just an allusion to Peace Walker, where Snake shoots a photograph of Chico through the chest, as a symbolic gesture that Chico "died and became a new man". Or it's just some squick mild body horror. There's obviously no signal coming out of it, it's just where Chico stores the plug.
Also, FUCK Chico. Squealing little bitch. HE'S the reason Mother Base was destroyed nine years ago.

Attached: 1412366173594.jpg (744x1052, 934K)

But it's nowhere near his throat or vocal cords.

Attached: 1419020108472.png (1364x768, 900K)

>the reason
see this guy

I wish the development cycle for this game wasn’t so messy and archaic.

Attached: 404C4AC2-BE7B-4C57-8C2F-47D4BCF2314A.png (929x323, 26K)

That was pretty good ero-writing from Kojima considering.

Attached: 156.jpg (1074x1293, 396K)

It was somehow going to lead to Chico being Grey Fox but was cut due to time constraints and Konami fuckery

Attached: abe1d0a56dcf9151dcf1ebe3c452eccf.jpg (2500x3485, 864K)

Yeah chico was gonna be a enemy that was hunting you down. but it was cut due to time.

Attached: adult chico concept art.jpg (707x931, 179K)

>Older, fucked-up Chico
>Some kinda parasite-ish powers or strength
>Stops you from going to certain points on the map before you're supposed to or something
That could've been fun.

Attached: 1367008452645.gif (640x360, 1.97M)

>Peace Day never came....

Attached: Paz Shower.webm (900x506, 2.77M)

>Peacewalker Huey was just like Otacon except crippled
>Phantom Pain comes out and he's a lying coward weaseling his way to profit and survive with no shame in what he does, going so far as killing his wife and using baby Otacon as a test subject and releasing vocal parasites into Mother Base 2

Was that really necessary?

Attached: 1450125010737.jpg (1680x1050, 162K)

Chico, Quiet and Volgin on Fire as random encounters in the overworld fucking your shit up
"Could have been" pretty much describes everything about The Phantom Pain.

Attached: 1470829153333.jpg (768x1024, 609K)

post paz feet

>people think it is already over
>people think chico died

Attached: 1544744998176.jpg (975x720, 386K)

>Started reading the tapes content out of curiosity
>Snake and Miller fighting naked out of the bathroom
kek this is good

To be fair, Huey did exhibit those characteristics in Peace Walker ever so slightly. He talked big about owning up to one's sins and correcting his past mistakes, but in the end he did nothing but yell at Snake through the radio to fix his fuckups for him, at the risk of Snake's life of course. I could be reading too much into that, and it's not like I hated Huey in PW, but just a thought.
Cécile unrelated

Attached: 1413677082637.png (1280x1024, 476K)

I'd listen to her quetzal-call all night!

Yes, instead of repeating the same trope again they decided to turn it around and make him an antagonist instead.

It was fucking stupid.

>Huey literally wants nothing more than being with his waifu
>Oh no wait he kills her for no reason

I remember him being a hypocrite even in pw, just more veiled

so you're just illiterate or didn't play the game at all then, Huey is delusional and dangerous

people kill for "no reason" all the times and it's no like there aren't precedents of men killing their wifes and he had a reason anyway
that said he didn't kill her, she was killed by cipher while working on the AI
huey was still a shitter for hiding the existence of OKB0 to snake and for secretely doing those experiments on the quarantine platform

Attached: 1530047358086.jpg (2715x1527, 403K)

Didn’t they have to give Chico an adrenaline shot at som epoint, after the torture?
I think it was in one of the tapes, that’s why he has the chest hole

GZ made me so hyped, and I have no idea why.

Attached: 1443280610703.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

Attached: 1415474600883.png (1349x1193, 2.12M)

Attached: 1545005610645.jpg (540x786, 38K)

Attached: 1415476392689.gif (1280x1440, 1.96M)

PW was the only decent MGS past 3 and had a great cast, fuck off.

>huey says nukes are bad, that's why he hates coldman and his father. that's why he betrayed coldman
>hey snake let's put a nuke on zeke. it's okay if it's you snake, i trust you ;)
>huey talks about people who use charm to win others over while buttering up snake, saying he's intelligent and strong and honest
>talks about people changing over time
>the nuke is later used as an excuse to "investigate" mother base
>turns out huey is the one who let the attackers in
gee wow i did not see that coming, what a surprising turn of events. who could have thought huey would be a turncoat after betraying his last employer?

Huey's arc and Paz's sidequest were like the only things MGSV did right. Really liked his character development.

Attached: foxhound_223.png (750x900, 83K)

Because it's a far better game than MGSV proper.

Attached: bigcheer.jpg (1657x1080, 609K)

The plot of all the post 3 Big Boss games makes no fucking sense. How did Big Boss go from being a communist revolutionary in the 70's and 80's because he hated America to the leader of Foxhound and American hero in the 90's?

You're playing as Big Boss for one, not some bullshit asspull doppelganger hacky-writing trope.

Attached: 1442863751803.jpg (540x675, 61K)

>communist revolutionary
what? they are mercenaries, they do stuff for money, where did you get this commie bullshit?

Attached: 1543741335590.jpg (600x456, 301K)

pic related needs a competent studio to licence out the Fox Engine and get on it.

Attached: MGS3 TPP.jpg (1280x720, 943K)

I read a comment on one of the MGSV casette compilation videos that went:
>"Looks like you are missing the last truth tape. It's the one that reveals that the Kaz we saw throughout the entire game was the helicopter pilot from ground zeroes, it can be found inside of Kojima's ass and it's called 'What the fuck were you thinking'"
And I thought it was funny and would like to share it with you.

Attached: Best VR.webm (600x338, 688K)

Yeah, whatever. I mean you're right but I would still like a not terrible answer to this giant plothole.

The best VR mission is either the giant genome soldier OR only MGS1 snake mission from 2

Attached: 20180714201436_1.jpg (1920x1080, 150K)

Attached: father daughter moment.png (999x666, 462K)

foxhound was a top secret black ops unit and the us government needed a competent veteran to lead them. what's the problem? he never went public with what happened in costa rica, he saved the u.s. from an international incident. and the u.s. continued to give msf contracts right up until ground zeroes

in the 80's he went to afghanistan and africa and did more of their dirty work, fighting soviets, african forces, and terrorists. so what exactly would be america's beef with him? he wasn't a commie revolutionary, he was a capitalist merc

>big boss is a legend in the whole military world
>everyone has an hard on for bibo
>even zero has an hard on for bibo and want him on their side
>bibo want the US money and information
>in the eventuality bibo tries to betray them they have a plan to fuck him
>bibo tries to betray them
>they fuck him
I mean it's not really hard to understand

Attached: 1524695566198.jpg (247x353, 32K)

Any more?

the detective ones were pretty good too

Attached: 1539935740699.jpg (540x540, 40K)

rule or ruin

he was a liability

based, thank you

WOLBACHIA

youtube.com/watch?v=RngF7QxzA7w

Naked didn't have the bandana, or tiger stripe fatigues during virtuous mission which this line is taken from. Why put this much effort in to get something so simple wrong.

I can't believe I saw gay shit like skullface and was still like "Yeah, Phantom Pain is gonna be great!"

>That could've been fun.
Sums up the entire game

It's NG+, duh

Attached: 1364255805240.png (633x758, 11K)

Because it was good

the best thing to come out of MGSV was the threads, OC and fan theories. I wish we could go back

Attached: 1535838605543.png (328x396, 53K)

>skull face
>gay
you are gay
youtube.com/watch?v=dE8U_c01Mk4

Attached: 1547075329281.jpg (996x851, 298K)

he was a liability because he founded a black ops unit for america and trained those men using all the experience he had? trained them so well that even a complete rookie was able to infiltrate outer heaven, his own base. that's somehow a liability

you didn't notice that he's called venom snake and has a bionic arm?
>this much effort
it's just a screenshot of mgsv, using the DLC outfit

Eli being liquid is so fucking retarded

Remember the guy who was convinced Chico was Quiet and spent endless threads talking about why that was the case?

>You play as everyone's favorite character Big Boss
>Revenge based plot
>Master Miller and Revolver Ocelot as your Codec support
>Set during a time where BB met the villains of MGS1, easy fanservice.
>Soundtracked entirely by catchy 80's music
The fact that Phantom Pain turned out to be boring and shitty is actually fucking astounding.

Attached: Fox Engine Demo.webm (1067x600, 2.85M)

I can't remember if that was Caramel or if he was just responsible for the DEATH STRANDING IS SILENT HILL threads but I love that schizo either way

>Didn't get to rescue a young Sniper Wolf

Kojima a fucking hack.

Attached: MGS1 Wolf.jpg (480x360, 27K)

A cool voice doesn't make up for the weakest writing and worst design of the entire series. The skulls sucked a dick, too. FUCK skullface and FUCK Kojima

The Phantom Pain is the most disappointing game I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing, it was the perfect catalyst for me growing up to be a cynical cunt and I'll never not be mad.

creepy torture shit by le edgy skull face man

iirc the captive patients in the horror house had it as well, to 'train' the language parasites, but that shit was a decade later. He might've been doing preliminary tests on POW's to see if they were able to transmit sound directly into the body, or whatever. Shit's retarded.

Nah, Caramel was the DEATH STRANDING PT RUSE CRUISE threads. Maybe they were the same guy, but the dude was scarily invested on Chico being a sexy lady

>Can't rescue Sniper Wolf
>Can't rescue Naomi
>Can't play as young Frank Jaegar
>Compound is not even called Outer Heaven for easy fanservice
TPP sucked ass, goddamn this is making me sad

if it's this fucking easy to design the game world then why the FUCK did it take 5 years to develop? jesus fucking christ

that is symbolic of the fact that he is trans and mirrors the neo vagina he gets after becoming quiet. this is basic storytelling stuff.

i swear this series is wasted on its fans.

2-ish years of engine development.
3 years of story, assets, scanning, mo-cap, music and mission coding. Some quality testing too.

Kojima wasted the game's time and budget on food, hookers, meeting famous people, marketing and annoying the dev team with a storm of ideas.
He's doing it again with his new game.

don't forget tug jobs from joost.

>he wanted fanservice
imagine encountering all the fox hound members, yikes
I bet MGS4 is your favorite mgs lmao

Attached: 1547451606797.jpg (1060x740, 138K)

The absolute worst thing about MGSV threads and discussion is the retards that defend the game because the "gameplay is cool" when in reality it's boring and fuck AND they're most likely fucking secondaries that don't even care about Metal Gear. When I play Metal Gear I want a fucking stupid story and flare to go along with it, this game has nothing. Not even the Metal Gear fight as any impact or value because it has no justification, it comes out of nowhere and then it leaves, just like all of the other recurring characters. FUCK secondaries, FUCK Kojima and FUCK ME.

I enjoyed the gameplay and putting together why they used a cover version of The Man Who Sold The World is genuinely one of my favourite moments of realisation in any game. That said, as beautiful as the areas were, they were empty. Once you liberated all the outposts there was nothing to keep you exploring. There was none of the trademark Kojima depth or weirdness or just doing stuff for no reason than it was cool. The game was waaaaaay too long as well; 30-odd missions, not including the do-over missions that are earlier sections but harder. And a lot of them didn't add anything to the game as a whole.

That, and some of the plot twists were too obvious, the yellowcake being a decoy was so blatant, I called it the second it was mentioned.

what an obnoxious screencap I seriously hope you weren't the one who wrote that.
and I don't even like MGS4

I'm jealous.

Attached: Joost Moose.webm (1920x1080, 2.46M)

skullface was gay
skulls was shit
whole PARASITE MAGIC was bad
PARASITE MAGICIAN OLD MAN was not nice
whole retarded HURR DURR LANGUAGE DOMINATION I WILL DESTROY ENGLISH LANGUAGE BECAUSE I DUNNO WHY you must suffer

no it's just, no. and there was no bosses, no characters. even masturbation on boss was made more nicely that this

MGSV had good gameplay

Huey being identical to Otacon was a little hokey in its own right. Plus it was always kind of awkward knowing he commits suicide via drowning after being cucked by his son

no I just hate fanservice, it's stuff for mouthbreathers like you
thanks god mgsv didn't have much of that stuff
encountering the whole cast of mgs1 as chibi faggots, wow nice taste retards

Attached: 1541957145970.jpg (680x680, 255K)

Thank fucking god they didn't try to cram as much fanservice as possible into MGSV to please braindead "fans" like you. If even after MGS4 you still think shit like this would be a good idea you're beyond retarded.

Attached: Advanced Stealth & AI.webm (1920x1080, 2.62M)

Me too brother. God how I dreamed that MGSV would be a big open world full of locations as big and fun to infiltrate as Camp Omega

It should've been lots of smaller but more detailed areas instead of the 2 big maps.

>tfw I wasn't even the guy who replied to
Looks like you've been tricked my friend...

Attached: yikesdude.png (1024x689, 1022K)

>Game is unfinished because Kojima fucked up along with Konami
>He turns it into meta commentary fuck fest
fucking asshole

Hell the whole 'everyone knew everyone else when they were younger' trope is retarded as shit. Fucking Star Wars was full of that and it sucked then too.

This so much this. I so much wanted to see updated/redesigned Metal Gear bosses such as Running Man, Machine Gun Kid, Arnolds etc

>I WILL DESTROY ENGLISH LANGUAGE BECAUSE I DUNNO WHY
Are you an actual brainlet? Destroy English language and you destroy globalism. We retreat to our little cultural pockets and stick to our own people. Nationalistic paradise. Skull Face had it right

>MGSV had good gameplay
No it hadn't, you double nigger. The fact you can control Big Boss smoothly doesn't mean it has good gameplay, FUCKING STEALTH is the gameplay and it is boring as fuck. Not to mention it is completely irrelevant once you have access to the better arsenal and even after that because the game rewards you being faster rather than being stealthy. AND fucking slow cam when you get noticed? Just fuck me in the ass already. THe IA is fucking retarded too. I'm fucking DONE of people calling the gameplay good when it clearly isn't. Jesus Christ.

MGS4 is worse than V, but how did Kojima not take a SINGLE easy opportunity for connecting to the earlier games? He just further diluted the series with unnecessary new elements. Don't give me any "It would have been hokey" bullshit, the concept of a prequel unto itself is fanservice.

>What is MGS 4, Portable Ops, GZ, and V
All metal gears are at least good fuck you

>if they like mgsv they are secondaries, they aren't real fan like me, stop liking what I don't like

Attached: 1544794006163.png (557x605, 161K)

He did none of that you lying bastard. Do you have a single fact to back that up? It wouldn't stand up in court i'll have you know

Crawl back to your basement ethnostate

I'll break ur legs too fucking hueyposter

>FUCKING STEALTH is the gameplay and it is boring as fuck
As someone who spent 200+ hours in the game, no it isn't, you just didn't bother playing it properly.

>you have access to the better arsenal and even after that because the game rewards you being faster rather than being stealthy
MGS always gave you an option to go in guns blazing. That doesn't make stealth any worse.

>fucking slow cam when you get noticed
Turn it off in the menu you fucking retard. I bet you played the entire game with a tranq gun you cunt

Attached: 7ed.png (1463x882, 442K)

>We retreat to our little cultural pockets and stick to our own people.
I really don't have any words nor image reactions to express how stupid this is.

wa there some faggy youtube video that makes this nonsense controls argument? i see retards spouting it all the time.

Unironically this.
Not saying I didn´t have hours of fun with it and the game didn´t have it´s moments The one where you have to execute the infected soldiers was fucking amazing. but the game felt like such a wasted oppurtunity and was missing so many elements that made the series special to me.
I don´t think there was a single game that I was hyped for more than MGSV. I remember reading people's post that said they were postponing their suicides because of the game.
I kinda lost faith in Kojimbo after this and I´m not even remotely hyped for Death Stranding

Attached: GettyImages-519177308.jpg (1080x720, 240K)

Is this post ironic or is this what MGS3/4 shitters actually believe? I can't tell anymore

I never said that, retard.

>"You aren't playing it right!"
Oh, fuck off with you.

MGS4 would have been godlike with more realgameplay segments like the first one and way fewer and shorter movie segments

aaaaand you just using another language: spanish, italian, french, german, because they just from the same language group and almost the same as engligh. or just use chinese/russian

>don't have any words
See, it works. You didn't change my opinion because you didn't have WORDS. Stick that in your pipe and shove that up your ass next time you say vocal cord parasites are silly

>All metal gears are at least good fuck you
MGSV isn't.

MGS3 and MGS4 are my least favorite, but good try at ad hominem, retard. Better luck next time.

>No battle gear either

Attached: p406.jpg (2400x3472, 1011K)

For you.

Attached: 1413330482078.jpg (614x1003, 475K)

we not controlling big boss
but gameplay is nice

i'm not playing those action/shooter games, but i enjoyed MGSV a lot, played it lot of time. gameplay-wise i enjoyed it more than 2,3,4, or PW. 1 was nice too, in it's way

Was it ever determined that the blame rests entirely on Kojima or Konami?

MGSV's gameplay gets a chance to shine if you turn off the reflex mode, but it will never live up to the rest of the series because of bad level design. Camp Omega was very fun because it was a tightly curated sandbox, but MGSV just has camps randomly plopped into a giant open wasteland that's sole purpose is to look as realistic as possible.

>aaaaand you just using another language: spanish, italian, french, german
Well go ahead, use one of those languages to communicate with me. I don't know any of those but you're free to try. It will take centuries for a new universal language to emerge. Doesn't happen in a decade or two, you can't just decide on a new one, a powerful empire has to shove that language down everyone's throat.

wasn't caramel a tranny? wouldn't surprise me if it was the same person behind both retarded theories

>some quality testing
yeah "some". only some, that's why we had save corruption bugs on release
>story, assets, scanning, mo-cap, etc.
those things are all worked on by different groups. it's not like the same people work on story, then when that's done they all work on mo-cap. there was a dedicated team who spent 3 years making the game world in TPP and it ended up relatively empty and incomplete, with smaller bases than GZ. sure there's a lot of grass and rocks, but the game lacks actual content

meeting babby liquid was so much worse and more pointless than if snake had rescued gray fox or sniper wolf
>mgsv doesn't have much of that stuff
>Thank fucking god they didn't try to cram as much fanservice as possible into MGSV
it has alternate costumes (not just for snake but also buddies), the jehuty arm, the two fanservice missions in ground zeroes, and snake can wear the bandana again just because. they said "kept you waiting huh" several times during marketing, in a couple of missions, and one of the decoys constantly says fanservice lines. there's a cutscene where ocelot says famous lines from mgs3. they bring back volgin and babby mantis, and shoehorn mgs3 into skull face and code talker's backstories, pointlessly retconning things

so, not much? it doesn't have much tasteful fanservice, that's for sure. but mgsv has plenty of braindead "let's put this shit in for no fucking reason" fanservice

>the game rewards you being faster rather than being stealthy.
You're a casual faggot who's never no trace'd a mission. Stealthing a mission perfectly gives you the highest reward possible.

Or you're an ironic MGS fan who thinks MGS2 story is so bad it's funny. I see.

Attached: pretty gud.gif (498x278, 789K)

Where can i find Chico raping Paz doujin?

no, venom snake listened to this tape and he knew, and naked snaked knew all this stuff too

God fucking dammit I regret it all.

This. It's insane how shitty MGSV turned out to be.

Attached: how MGSV should've ended.png (649x194, 61K)

MGS4 felt like Kojima wanted to tell his Old Man Snake story but forgot a month in that if Snake was old that would mean he couldn't tie up loose ends with Liquid and just kind of made whatever bullshit excuses he could to make it all work. The end credits sting of two that reveals the Patriots had been dead for a hundred years is more interesting a reveal than literally anything that happens in 4.

>"You aren't playing it right!"
>Oh, fuck off with you.
No you fuck off you retarded cunt. If you're playing on easy, don't complain that the game isn't deep enough. Tranq was easy mode ever since it got introduced. You should be aware of this by now. Hard mode is procure equipment on site

This is all we wanted.

Why, Kojima?

>was there ever an official explanation as to why Chico had some sort of headphone jack hole in his chest?

Attached: 1508417673183.png (1280x830, 771K)

both, kojimbo for wasting the budget on a bunch of irrelevant shit and bloating the fuck out of dev time and konami for forcing him to finish it pretty suddenly with little warning

>Implying I didn't play this shitty game to 100%
I'm certainly not talking out of my ass, kid. But whatever makes you feel better.

Do you want to think of another ad hominem or are you satisfied now? You're seriously mentally limited if you can only fit MGSfags into two groups.

>bunch of fanservice items with no relation to the plot
That's acceptable. Having the entire fucking story revolve around it like MGS4 is the problem.

>how did Kojima not take a SINGLE easy opportunity for connecting to the earlier games?
Game has Volgin, Mantis and Liquid and you want more fanservice? That was too much already.

You're right, it's a masterpeice

>they bring back volgin and babby mantis
Jesus Christ, I literally forgot about that. I am now remembering Ocelot saying "the man on fire" with a straight face and a texan accent forever ruining my favorite MGS character within the first hour of booting up V

Attached: 1486350818500.jpg (627x720, 229K)

Probably a plotpoint forgotten since MGSV was supposed to return to Camp Omega in some never-done-in-video-games thing Kojima promised.

Both sides made mistakes.
But seeing how Kojima is handling Death Stranding's development it´s no suprise V ended up this way.

Attached: 1555011695474.webm (618x350, 2.15M)

>>(liquid)
>((((volgin))))
>

It's not an ad hominem, you did say you like the "fucking stupid story" in MGS and since it's not 3,4 or 5 you're talking about, you clearly think MGS1 and MGS2 have a fucking stupid story. Not exactly twisting your words here fella.

I loved Ashley Wood's cutscenes in PW. The animated movies he did for MGS1 and MGS2 were pretty fucking great too.

You can 100% the game with all the easy mode shit like reflex mode left on and without ever achieving a no traces bonus. That means nothing.

Perhaps it's time to hand over MGS to another studio?

Yes, apart from child Liquid Eli, child Psycho Rebenok, ghost Volgin, Sniper Wolf costume for Quiet and name dropping Alaskan raven totems out of nowhere, I'm sure glad there was none of that low IQ fanservice in TPP.
*spits in disgust at fanservtards*

Attached: 1366963560484.jpg (500x545, 59K)

>wasn't caramel a tranny
Maybe? There was a lot of weird obfuscation and 'fake Caramels' that I was starting to wonder if it wasn't an ARG all on its own. All those threads were clusterfucks.

Imagine if MGSV was a PW like mission system with each mission area being the size of GZ.

You clearly made an attempt [and failed] to lump me in with the MGS2 obnoxious faggots. Now, I'll have you know I'm not one of those.

How it should have been.

Big Boss wearing the bandana always pissed me off. The bandana should have stayed Snake's thing, Big Boss has the eyepatch. Also I would have really liked if you could wear the PW beret in V

>if snake had rescued gray fox or sniper wolf
Have you played MGS? Have you ever seen a thing that was previously referenced literally occur on screen later? That's never happening. That's just stupid. If it was referenced, it's never going to be shown.

What does that mean? MGS3 ocelot isn't exactly MGS2-1 ocelot either. That's normal.

So the only MGS game you like is 1? You apparently hate 2 and 5, but 3 and 4 you hate even more. Just a reminder, you have told us that you care about MGS

He was also about 40 years younger, and through the course of the story we see how he became the man we see in MGS1. What would you call that? A character... a-arc?

don't forget
>blames Snake for the inspection, says it was because of "your precious nuke"

If they had just stuck to Afghanistan and a few small other areas it would have worked better than what we got. Not that Afghanistan made much sense with how far away it was from your base.

And Volgin was undead, that's also a major change

>4 to 5 hours flight time each way
Good thing Quiet was around to play with.

Attached: 54046701_p0_master1200.jpg (700x994, 371K)

except that they shoehorn mgs3 characters into the plot (while shoehorning skull face into mgs3's plot because he wasn't already half-baked enough), saying that the cobras had superpower parasites. and volgin is back from the dead, that was necessary. and mantis is here because why not? the plot doesn't work without mantis' psychic powers because of hacky writing. oh and liquid snake is also here, and he yells mgs1 quotes at you during his boss battle

somehow that's all fine, but big boss rescuing a kurdish girl who grows up to be sniper wolf, that would be too much. instead we'll just give quiet a sniper wolf costume, yeehaw

>Have you ever seen a thing that was previously referenced literally occur on screen later?
yeah. liquid referenced his life with big boss, and then big boss meets him in mgsv. or how about when miller dies off-screen in mgs1 and it's unclear who did it, liquid or ocelot. so then at the end of mgsv ocelot says "if you back solid snake i'm totally going to kill you down the road wink wink". and they were going to make an entire game out of what happened to raiden between mgs2 and mgs4, explaining things that were only referenced in mgs4
>If it was referenced, it's never going to be shown.
like how during mg2 there was a rumour that big boss was a cyborg but we never see evidence of it. and then in mgsv it turns out that his doppleganger had a cyborg arm. yeah, that kind of thing never happens in the metal gear franchise

alternative costumes don't counts
three characters are bearable as fanservice, two of them don't ever talk lmao

5 YEARS
I AM STILL MAD

>You feel it too, don't you?

It's fanservice that no one liked. I think you would be hardpressed to find a single person who enjoyed the 40 hours of MGSV's already meager story dedicated to fire zombie Volgin.

lol

>Man on Fire
Yeah, that shit was poorly handled from the start.

>press L1 when looking at a raven in mgsv
>"so this is raven territory"
i literally clapped out loud

Big Boss gets the bandana before he even loses his eye though

>it's fanservice that no one liked
I liked liquid brat, eat shit
>40 hours dedicated to man on fire
we only encounter him in two main missions and a side mission lol

Attached: 1537716358959.jpg (532x597, 72K)

Attached: 24760491_p1_master1200.jpg (700x1100, 229K)

it's just a veiled 4th wall breaking joke, there's no need to sperg, nerd

I know, and I think that's dumb. If anything it makes it so Big Boss's thing is the bandana AND the eyepatch, because of the personal connection. He should have looked like he did in the Virtuous Mission until he got the eye patch, which would have been a cool fan service moment and completed his look the way fans remembered from MG1 and the MGS1 briefing.

Prequels are a flawed concept in general. MGS3 was good because it was so far removed from the original games.

Attached: i'll show you revolver.png (539x1233, 556K)

The worst part about TPP is how clear it is that stuff was cut. From OKB zero to the terrible slapdash Act 2 pacing, and nonsensical story beats (let's infiltrate this base to get Sally, oh wait Skullface is driving us across the map to where Sally actually is) the whole thing smells of a rushjob, probably exacerbated that Kojima has no idea how to design an open world game and probably spent 15 months figuring how he could cram a story into a mission structure over two maps

>OKB zero
Explain?

Absolutely, wouldn't it have been awesome to encounter them as bosses then actually recruit them to your cause, but no we don't get any bosses.

Attached: gray-shuko-concepts1-03.jpg (1447x1218, 644K)

Why was "Fox" the top codename in Foxhound when Big Boss, the "greatest soldier of the 20th century" used "Snake"? Wouldn't that automatically make "Snake" the top codename? To begin with, using "Foxhound" as the top codename when your organization is literally named after dogs that hunt foxes is kind of hokey.

Actually Ocelot should've been as on Japanese, "Sharashashka". it still sounds goofy, but at least makes some sense. "shalashaska" is some shit, seriously.

there were already three snakes by the son I guess, and fox was the name of the former unit so maybe to honor that, dunno lol

Attached: 1442794890431.png (428x467, 398K)

there should've been 6 maps, i've read somewhere. but it was cut to 2

>unexplained green mist
>unused deployment shaft/elevator
>go there to find Sahelanthropus and are instead driven to the power plant where Sahelanthropus actually is
reeks of an unexplored concept or a location for which there were grander designs initially

>due to time
More like due to Sutherland

he explained it in the parentheses. but if you want more:
>the elevator that leads to nowhere
>guards just stop following you when you get to the stairs
>the game engine can't handle that many guards on screen so it had to be divided into 4 areas. you can easily see guards pop in just by looking behind you and using the binoculars
>huey says okb zero is a lab but there's no lab. it was underground and was cut. the power plant was supposed to lead to okb zero through a tunnel but they never finished it, that's why the elevator exists
>there's a weird green haze around okb zero that you can see as you approach it, but it's never alluded to. also some XOF guards seem to have their own kind of haze around them, more apparent when the guard despawns (the haze doesn't disappear, only the guard's model, so you can see it at a distance)
>the mission was probably going to originally be a fortress assault but instead it's basically just an FOB mission but in single-player

that was just a random user impersonating kojipro staff for (You)'s

oh yeah. That shit was fucking weird.

but really, "shashka" is sword of cossack, "sharashka" is "okb0"-like secret base. you can't just say "oh fuck those japanese let's replace some r with l and make it SHALASHASKA"

I'd forgotten.

Attached: tyfe.gif (245x226, 484K)

Attached: Quiet.webm (852x480, 2.99M)

Attached: Quiet2.webm (800x450, 3M)

What was the bloody outfit supposed to do anyway? I think the description said it was meant to terrify the enemy, but she'd always be miles away from them

I think a big problem is that the gameplay isn't really suited to indoor environments. The mansion in Africa is a good example of this.

Ocelot says in a tape that it started out as Sharashaska but some faggots started pronouncing it wrong and it stuck.

The blood never bothered me.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

I think they just wanted to give you a shitton of outfits.

Attached: METAL GEAR SOLID V_ THE PHANTOM PAIN_20150912042758.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

just cosmetic

It was a poor translation, since I assume no one on the MGS2 localization team knew Russian, and as a result it stuck. In MGSV, they kinda try to sort of explain it as a bunch of Afghanistanians who don't know Russian getting the pronunciation wrong and the name getting stuck.

So did they really shove a bomb up Pazs tight vagene? Or was it up her ass?

Did they really have to remove her organs if they were going to blowed her up anyway?

Attached: well then.png (467x516, 320K)

Is MGO still active?

Attached: METAL GEAR SOLID V_ THE PHANTOM PAIN_20151115135641.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

When the hell are they going to release a mod that puts her into a sneak suit instead of that underwear? It can't possibly be that hard considering they modded in crazy shit like the jacket from Drive for Venom.

Attached: hawaiian.jpg (846x900, 114K)

>tfw Kojima finally let me live out my Auric Goldfinger fantasies
Fort Knox DLC when??

Attached: 1554634554095.png (1477x891, 2.09M)

Sooooooo... Are we still pretending that this wasn't a genius idea?

Attached: fsvpjyjg95d0drp1bgov.jpg (1280x960, 184K)

It was a snuke in her snizz

Up her vagene.

yes, but really no. because, you know, some afganistans of other sandniggers don't do this, they don't fuck with R/L like asians, like koreans or japanese, whole those languages: indian-afganistan-pakistan-kazahstan-kyrgys-uzbek, turks, iran, and other shitters, they just muslims with usual muslim languages like BAJAB PAJEET PIRAJABHAN ALLAHU BABAJAN AKBAR BARBUJAHAD

>Did they really have to remove her organs if they were going to blowed her up anyway?
I don't know about this part tho, I read about it in some places but I don't recall hearing about this in any of the tapes.

i don't think indoor stealth works unless guards are relatively blind/deaf like they were in the older games

see If only he'd bothered to check her body properly.

Arguably, yes. The larger bomb was decoy, as Paz was petite and it was obvious. It was either hidden within, or surgically implanted behind her uterus.

>Did they really have to remove her organs if they were going to blowed her up anyway?
They wanted to not only kill BB, but destroy him as a person.

it was on tapes, they cut all liver shit inside from her and put on bomb there and another one into vagoo

I mean, it kinda could if you know the exact layout and had the dog with you, but then what's the point?

come on, you can't destroy Big Boss as person, he's a demon already. he was on war his whole life, killed The Boss himself, run from his country. such shit only makes him hard.

I'll always remember the squelch you hear as Skullface inserts the second bomb in a place they'd never look.

Attached: 1442834474152.png (744x1052, 1.1M)

Peace Walker was almost completely about him having a soft spot for certain people. Kojima had to rationalize how BB changed between MG and MGS3.

Killing Paz in such a fucked up way was what instigated the change.

She didn't deserve such a horrible fate. Fucking hell.

nah this is shit. people died around him 100 times in a day, even his MSF comrades and others, not on screen but still. he killed Kaz already before and main reason he came for her in GZ is because she knew about MSF base

It was a sound theory.

youtube.com/watch?v=CqtLkmjAvK8&
she deserved it

>Peace Day never came.

Attached: Peace Day.jpg (720x960, 199K)

>farewell, sausage
it really was

I'm still convinced this was the original idea, but was shot down by Konami execs.

>there's another...in my...
what words would paz herself have chosen in this situation? puffy pink vagina? soaking wet pussy? tight lickable snatch? hot luscious cunt? delectable and aromatic fuckhole?

Attached: mgs-ground-zeroes-09-paz-in-olumu[1].jpg (520x293, 47K)

Why no English version?

>...in my...snake eater

kek and wew!

Probably a softly whispered
>"in my....vagina."

kek
youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7TnNKylgg

there's a small dedicated community on PC, some of those faggots are subtle cheaters

Attached: 1528180590642.jpg (720x720, 240K)

Fun fact, that was an actual established thing beforehand. Before MGSV there were these CD dramas exclusive to Japan that are voice only, but explain certain events or relationships.
youtube.com/watch?v=EaABZqW4DNg

punani

Attached: 1525901441899.jpg (656x768, 77K)

because this one played in game

they recently dubbed that, atkins and hayter

I mean atkin downes

If you are an ignorant retarded that only knows English is not his fault, and by the way Chinese and Spanish are more talked than English, just Google 10 most talked languages of the world if u don't trust me, English is the business language, that's all.

"Poon" is such a great word.

>it will take centuries for a new universal language to emerge
You seriously think it took fucking centuries for English to be spoken around the world? I knew you were a retard from the ethnostate part but holy shit sit down and read a book. Better yet, unlearn English so less people will have to read through your stupidity
>you can't communicate with me
Given your posts that'd be a fucking godsend

panocha

Attached: 1555456891016.gif (400x400, 2.88M)

This comic ended satisfactorily, and was enjoyable.

memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/ca13cc4d-6e14-474a-bab7-c09bc4279562

Indeed.
Have another.

Attached: foxhound_284.png.pagespeed.ce.C-G7v3IGqI.png (750x1350, 122K)

To this day, 20 years later, this game makes me sad. I had a 100% save file on my memory card for VR Misisons. It took me a long ass time to get that. I lent my card to a friend, and like clockwork, dude moves to another city and I never hear from him again.
You know what, fuck it, I'm getting an emulator and doing it all over again.

Do it. You'll be stronger for the experience and you might have some fun too.

Same thing happened with me and Sonic Advance 2.

Do the one where the unit gets a helicopter just before shipping out to Shadow Moses and Liquid celebrates.

They can all be found here, my good chum.
doctorshrugs.com/foxhound/comic.php

>You know what, fuck it, I'm getting
for a moment I thought you were going to track that nigger

Attached: 1548515933252.png (651x434, 229K)

Huey was amazing. He was one of the few times in anything that a dishonest lying character was done well and got by other than writers making everyone else gullible.

I liked Here's to You MGS4 version better

It's a very somber song, when the male vocals come in I always get a little sad

>Getting your revenge after 9 years
Real Big Boss, huh?

at least find him and pierce his car's tires

Attached: 1530921739047.jpg (588x559, 63K)

>Sneak up and knock him out with some sweet CQC moves.

>When target regains consciousness, interrogate using electric bed or rods until location of memory card is revealed.

>Obtain memory card and evacuate the hot zone.

>???

>Profit

>black kids been runnin' around here

Attached: 1507930077610.jpg (1169x1654, 200K)

Badass Santa?

youtube.com/watch?v=oU5UQ4SOqEo

I don't see why I couldn't track him, to tell you guys the truth.

I just might do that while I'm going through VR Missions again. I'll post the story on here on Yea Forums if I have any luck.

>11 years

god fucking damnit.

Attached: 3ff.jpg (680x385, 41K)

I'm curious to see how would a new studio handle a reboot.

Platinum did pretty well.

Attached: 1383771862106.jpg (1412x3970, 1.64M)

>I'm headed for /t/. That's my new home now. Hey, that was some memory card I had, huh? Completing MGS VR... getting it to 100%... and he took it away. I'm gonna rebuild it. Make a new save file, with an emulator.
>Yea Forums...Why am I still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my Legend of Dragoon save file... And Wild Arms... even Syphon Filter... The memory card I've lost... the games I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still 100%. You like Castlevania, don't you? I'm gonna make him give back my card.

>Legend of Dragoon
Top Tier Taste.

see

Attached: 1550176302517.png (367x368, 141K)

>venom snake vs solid snake
>impossible fight, you can only use prosthetic cqc
>boss fight spans several rooms of outer heaven
>25% health, love deterence hits, face changes to your custom made one in the beginning
>flashback cutscene of motherbase birthday
>perspective switch
>DEFEAT BIG BOSS

instead we got nothing.

Attached: 1469156146715.png (367x369, 210K)

It's almost like Hideo stopped giving a shit.

Or he's a hack. Either works.

They could have made it so you have to infiltrate your base as solid with the guards being all of your men. Kojima would have actually had a reason for recasting Hayter.

>MGSV hype threads are now several years old
it still hurts, bros

Attached: 1547267729308.png (311x311, 117K)

and the only human like interaction between characters happened in trailers. it feels really bad.

Attached: 1444312210974.jpg (1920x1080, 497K)

>all that shit that was supposed to be in the ending that got cut

Attached: SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE.jpg (712x534, 327K)

I almost feel like Huey was supposed to be a voice of reason. The whole game was hyped up as this BIG BOSS BECOMES A DEMON shit which never actually happens. If we actually saw this shit, Huey's words would make a lot more sense.

It was actually interesting and had stuff going on, both gameplay-wise and plot-wise. The pedophile rape shit was completely unnecessary garbage, but everything else about the plot had me wondering what was gonna happen next. The map being open yet tightly put together made it interesting to explore and fun to sneak through. Then TPP came along with its barren boring open worlds and poorly written sidestory plot. Maybe if TPP was finished it would have been decent, but even what was there was garbage

it is something that can happen in gameplay, since ghosting is no longer encouraged, not even with rank. halfway through i simply killed every soldier with boaster/below s rank.

his first instinct concerning the african child soldiers also was simply using them himself before miller started complaining.

>spoiler
Literally the best moment in the game. Absolutely incredible. Shame it was the only good moment in the game

Why would you expect the game with a broken, unfinished story whose demo was better than the actual game to *EXPLAIN* things???

>browsing this thread while listening to youtube.com/watch?v=7oday_Fc-Gc
>realize that Ground Zeroes was 5 years ago
>the MGSV hype train was 5 years ago
>the first trailer was 7 years ago

Attached: big boss' smile and optimism.png (451x484, 232K)

>pedophile
wut? paz wasn't underage and even if she was 16 that's not pedophilia

paz's ending and huey exile are well done too, even a quiet exist is imho

So anons, when is MGS1 coming to the PS4 store?

Attached: metal gear foxhound.jpg (390x398, 57K)

Everything is ultimately Huey's fault

alright yeah fair

chico was fucking 13 and forced to have sex with a 20 something year old

Who the fuck still plays MGO3 when MGO1 and MGO2 are still a thing?

Even that part was a letdown. He wasn't going nuclear or anything; they were already gonna die so he was just doing them a favor.

god I wish that were me
anyway he later does it voluntarily and I pretty sure he already hit puberty considering he spent the whole pw lusting after her
that's hardly pedophilia buddy

Attached: 1551429279986.png (665x1182, 823K)

The Phantop Pain was such a letdown.
What a fucking waste of everything.
Now Metal Gear is dead.

In the context of what the game was supposed to be (or at least advertised as) it might not have been that good, but looking at the scene on its own the soldiers saluting as they were gunned down its a pretty solid emotional scene

kill yourself

post chico feet

I don't think there was but I know that Chico was originally supposed to return in the phantom pain
fuck that game had a lot of cut content
if they actually kept some of it maybe we wouldn't have had the "95% of MGSV is filler" meme

I do once in a while, bounty hunter and cloak and dagger are a lot of fun and mgo3 has the benefit of being on pc
what's your problem, bitch? what I said it's a fact, anything post puberty isn't pedophilia

Attached: 1527345421252.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Death Stranding is supposedly coming along faster than most AAA games do according to industry people who have already had hands-on time with it.

More like if its that easy then why is the world so barren

Kojima is hauling ass with Death Stranding, but I worry it will be like TPP. I mean the only gameplay we have is the character walking on an empty overworld.ï

He was infected with the parasites, and the tape he got was a music to calm them down.
Though I'm pretty sure that plot point was scrapped and never mentioned again in MGSV.

dayum, imagine the sjw bitching if pw came out today with all them paz missions.

Have you never watched a movie or tv series?
Huey from the very start was just a straight coward who would do anything to not get hurt.
The only reason he stays in the Mother Base is that he knows that people would just try to kill him if he tried to escape.
In Peace Walker he had Strangelove as a reason to stay around.

It didnt tho. You are just retarded.

I'm still upset they made a completely playable gray fox for only 3 missions, and in only one of those did he have his full moveset.

Attached: 1502568784437.png (500x463, 391K)