>Yea Forums says she has no character development and shows zero emotion
>"Just a Cloud clone" and "one dimensional"

Actual game:

>is childish at her birthday party
>is awkward and submissive in front of her superior
>is hot-headed in front of Snow
>is cold and professional to other party members at the start of the game
>is motherly to Hope, eventually
>is down-trodden when she realizes how much of a childish bitch she was to her sister
>is aimless and confused when she realizes she has no job, family, or home and doesn't even know what the fuck is going on in this plot
>is more optimistic when she thinks there is a chance to make things less shit
>finally acts like an adult and apologizes to Snow for beating him up and being a bitch
>cheers snow up when he starts being a depressed bitch
>finally acts a unifying source in the party instead of a dividing one

Is this the most meme'd character in existence Yea Forums?

Attached: final-fantasy-lightning.jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII#cite_note-1UP_2006-51
webcitation.org/5yVZoPJ2J?url=http://www.1up.com/news/ffxiii-interview
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Takahiro_Sakurai
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Steve_Burton
youtube.com/watch?v=eEEr1jnvFTw
youtube.com/watch?v=ke281MBhpDg
vgmdb.net/album/13775
youtube.com/watch?v=0LeFwUwesnQ&t=7m11s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry but i'm not interested in the masturbatory fantasies of some japanese video game developer that really wanted to fuck Cloud up the ass back in the day but was afraid of being labeled as gay.

>japanese video game developer that really wanted to fuck Cloud up the ass back in the day but was afraid of being labeled as gay.

>Is this the most meme'd character in existence Yea Forums?

The answer is yes.

ALWAYS do opposite of what Yea Forums says
Never failed me.

people hating on lightning clearly have never actually PLAYED FFXIII, at least, not very far.

Stop posting about your waifu Toriyama

>Is this the most meme'd character in existence Yea Forums?

To be fair, as someone that likes FF13 trilogy (keyword like, not love), FF13 has absolutely fucking atrocious opening segment.
The game doesn't get even remotely interesting let alone fun to play until Chapter 3 because you don't even have level ups/skills/magic/anything really until start of Ch3.

Wow, she shows her emotions a grand total of 11 times during a 62 hour game.
How very human.

why did you horizontally flip the image

Serah > her sister

Attached: SerahFarron.webm (640x360, 2.61M)

if it was the other way around and she was an emotional woman anons would be like, yup she's a woman and she can't keep her emotions in check kek kek kek

The ending of XIII-2 is fucking bullshit, and that getting spoiled for me is what made me drop the game. That, and the fact that it pulled a Symphonia 2 and made you use FUCKING MONSTERS for a third party member.
Then lightning returns popped up with a fucking time limit mechanic and i was just like, NOPE.

The best scene in Lightning Returns is when Serah and Lightning fuck.

XIII-2 is unironically the best SE FF.

>highlighted the biggest story beats

Retard

Lightning got screwed. Plain and simple. Didn't help that her game was more linear than the usual FF one.

But the whole "Cloud clone" comments are bs and a clear bait. She is objectively one of the beautiful 3D characters ever to grace video games.

Attached: Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Wallpaper 33.jpg (1920x1080, 670K)

i liked when serah was on top and made light orgasm a total of 16 times
in 30 minutes

Actually me too!! No joke

Attached: 44e.png (561x1600, 998K)

That pic is funny, sad and lewd all at the same time. Amazing.

>But the whole "Cloud clone" comments are bs and a clear bait.
Nomura explicitly said he was literally told to draw R63 Cloud for FF13.
Amano even gave Lightning platinum blonde hair just like Cloud in his version.
And if you can't see that they have almost identical skull/face structure then you are literally blind.
And I'm the user defending this game.

All it shows is that dogs formed an extremely beneficial symbiotic relationship with humans.

Just a female Cloud clone.

I'ma need a sauce on that one.

Her physical design is base off of Cloud, but they are hardly alike in their respective games.

No, she doesn't act like "Advent Children" Cloud either. Cloud in AC was a mopey pussy that was too scared to even save the children he was looking after.

Lightning is nearly opposite in character. Too much of an aggressive bitch.

Why is she so perfect, Yea Forumsros?

Attached: Lightning-LouisVuitton.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

The source is now dead since the website with the interview is dead, but it's quoted and linked on the wiki.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII#cite_note-1UP_2006-51
>and she was intended to be reminiscent of Final Fantasy VII's Cloud Strife

Oh wait, this archive has the interview:
webcitation.org/5yVZoPJ2J?url=http://www.1up.com/news/ffxiii-interview
>When I asked Mr. Nomura to design this character, I requested someone like a female version of Cloud from FFVII.

And pic related is Amano's Lightning with Cloud's platinum blonde hair which is how Amano designed her.

Attached: 86b098cf3b260853db60c99e17ee7a79.jpg (601x856, 90K)

Attached: ff13amano02.jpg (400x400, 185K)

There's always been something just a bit... off about how amano draws people.
Granted, it's fucking beautiful art, but something about their faces just never looks quite right.

Because...she just is.

Attached: 1523968441754.jpg (2148x1800, 1.34M)

To be fair, Amano draws a bunch of characters blonde. IIRC Lightning was supposed to have silver hair and be a "flirtatious character" initially.

But yes, her physical design is based off of Cloud.

13-1/13-2 Light is the prettiest
Toriyama literally fucked her up when redesining her in LR.

I wish I had been around for the XIII event in FFXIV... Ended up buying her outfit at the mogstation because I really wanted her outfit.

Perfect example of why you should never ever listen to what the general opinion on Yea Forums is.

>IIRC Lightning was supposed to have silver hair
She was supposed to have platinum blonde hair, which is almost-silver like color but still blonde, it's how Amano drew her It got changed from platinum blonde to rose blonde which is what she has in the final design.

>How dare they try inserting mature themes and social critique in muh fantasy! Gimme back my big bad guy that's the cause of all evil to destroy, and they all lived happily ever after!
>How dare they make human characters with realistic flaws and relatable problems! Gimme back my mainstream shonen stereotypes to self-insert in!
>How dare they trying an imaginative world with stilish visuals! Gimme back my generic european medieval fantasy setting already seen in thousands of other games!
>How dare they make a combat that requires me to both carefully plan in advance and quickly react to the situation! Gimme back my lame slow ATB with tic-tac-toe level strategy!

The right question you should ask is: "Is FF13 the most meme'd chapter in the series Yea Forums?"

>pits for days

Attached: final_fantasy_xiii_2_lightning-HD.jpg (3200x1800, 694K)

Part of it is the perfomance.
Maaya Sakamoto really brings a lot of personality to the character, while Ali Hillis sounds like a lifeless robot (infamous THUNDAGAA aside)
It's a reverse of Cloud VAs situation.

How did Toriyama get away with it?

>Cloud
>VA

I'm talking about her general body and facial shape.
He slimmed her down to a stick in LR, including her face and gave her 1 cup larger tits to compensate.
It was a horribly retarded decision.
All the "le Lightning has no le ass" meme is only because of the absolutely garbage LR model.

I like the XIII saga, but the story, even by FF standards, is incomprehensible nonsense. The best parts were the combat, OST and art direction.

Cloud has consistent official VAs in all his post-FF7 appearances, faggot and those same VAs are already confirmed for FF7R.

This but unironically.

>but the story, even by FF standards, is incomprehensible nonsense
You are unironically retarded or were skipping cutscenes, or just didn't pay attention.

Why do you imply that I was ironic? I wasn't.

I'm OP. Pls no with this. People liked the art direction and many liked the battle system.

I do agree with many critiques of the game's script. The first chapters especially, are quite bad in this regard (Snow and Vanille are the biggest offenders here, dialogue-wise).

I will never understand how fucking stupid you need to be to not get the story. People are whining that 2 made up words make it impossible to understand.

Vanille is cute, though.

Attached: Vanille Walk Animation.webm (1280x720, 1.37M)

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Takahiro_Sakurai

Attached: [000873].jpg (510x346, 28K)

She literally walks like a retard

Gee, what is better. Living on the brink of extinction like most wolfs or being a submissive pet and live in comfort while being loved and giving love.

Cats are learning now, soon all animals will eat at the palm of our hand.

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Steve_Burton

XIII's soundtrack is fucking great.
My only complaint is there's no classic victory jingle.
That shit annoys the fuck out of me for ever game it's missing in.
Hated how the playstation 1 and 2 era games kept fucking with the second repeating half of the song too, aside from XII.
Hell, it's not even in XV aside from a 3 second jingle whenever you sleep. The last game to have it proper was XIV, a fucking MMO.

Yuna is more feminine and stronger than (((Lightning)))

Attached: mywife.jpg (1440x900, 136K)

A cute retard

Fang is the best btw

Fucking love this track.
youtube.com/watch?v=eEEr1jnvFTw

Attached: comfy.jpg (601x312, 131K)

>lesbian
>best anything
No.

>My only complaint is there's no classic victory jingle.
Not just that, it's the only FF other than FF2 and FF10 which doesn't have the Final Fantasy Main Theme.
FF2 didn't have it because it's basically SaGa 0.
FF10 didn't have it because like FF13 it's a Hamauzu composed game and Hamauzu hates Uematsu.

The game's soundtrack is indeed very beautiful. Masashi did a very good job at it. Eclair's theme alone is a masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=ke281MBhpDg

Attached: 1688536-lightning_03.jpg (1920x1200, 466K)

FFX was composed by Uematsu, Hamauzu and Nakano.

I like it too

Attached: ffxiii-2.png (645x218, 66K)

Go and check track credits one by one.
Uematsu did less than 1/3 of the soundtrack.

First off, Hamauzu cites Uematsu as a huge influence for wanting to do video game music in the first place.
Second off, Uematsu did about half of X's OST.
vgmdb.net/album/13775

12 is objectively better.

Alright, but one of the biggest points of Lightning's character is that she's a "false stoic". She's a toxic parody of a what a "strong person" is in the beginning, but this is framed as a flaw to overcome.

Yuna and Lightning are not very comparable.

Attached: nosebleed.jpg (832x309, 32K)

Attached: Lightning-armpits.jpg (388x360, 40K)

Is the Zodiac version worth getting, the original is pretty meh?

Yes it is, major improvement unless you're an autist that hates Job system.

get the zodiac version if only for the godsend that is the speed up function. Dear god, it makes the pacing so much more bearable.

Someone should censor those pits. This is not advertiser-friendly content.

Attached: 558.jpg (2608x1467, 426K)

Attached: Lightning.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

how the fuck did you manage to get it to run past 20fps?

Disable any g/freesync

Don't run it on a toaster and hope your Nvidia gpu is not one of the random ones it doesnt work on.

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Lightning.
>destiny is destiny

Is Noel the stupidest character in any Final Fantasy game?

>Told that if you kill this person, the world will end
>Kill him anyway
>Lol why the world ending suddenly

It got an update pretty soon(?) after release, ran smooth and in hd on 2500k & gtx570

Attached: 292140_2015-02-09_00004.png (1680x1050, 2.27M)

>discussing original XIII
>posts retardedly translated dialogue from Lightning Returns

Shut the fuck up Toriyama, you fuckin' nerd

Cauis grabbed Noel's sword and put it through his own chest

>that smirk
>those pits
Thank god for based Roy.

Attached: 1540677831961.jpg (302x377, 62K)

The saddest thing about 13 is Sazh is the only likable character to me.

Works on my machine.

Attached: FFXIII-2 60 FPS PC.webm (640x360, 1.96M)

I don't think 6700k and a 1070 is a toaster, goddamnit this fucking game just sits in my steam library taunting me

Attached: 1547315445194.jpg (256x256, 12K)

Any decent lewd mods for any of the 13 games somewhere?

No, there is no mod support and that Crystal Tools engine is a nightmare to work with.

I need to get around to playing Lightning Returns. I never finished the first game because it started pissing me off near the end, but the second one was really good.

Attached: 1479060983622.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

Attached: lightning4koma.jpg (600x1445, 403K)

Honestly if Lightning actually had a lower body that wasn't anorexic, she could be quite good. She has a nice face (better than Serah's since Lightning doesn't look like a dumb moeblob) and despite the shitposting she does get development, so while she isn't entirely likeable her character isn't as flat as her ass.

Attached: lightning4koma2.jpg (700x1725, 578K)

By far the best gameplay in the series, and while it is getting a bit old now, i still like the open world aspect.

It has by far the worst story of the 13 games though.

aww...

I swear, when Lightning smiles and gets happy, she is the cutest person in the world. She becomes like a child.

Attached: 1450630511_Lightning22.gif (500x198, 733K)

Serah looks better.

Attached: final_fantasy_xiii_2_serah_farron_bikini_4k_by_serahsass-d9hl8n0.jpg (3840x2160, 1.13M)

def prefer serah

Attached: ffxiii-2_5.png (1680x1050, 1.38M)

Again, Serah is ruined by her face and hair. I think Lightning's tits are actually the same size in LR, and Serah doesn't exactly have much downstairs either if I recall.

>best gameplay
>with that shit timer mechanic
u wot mate?

Attached: Dvg2sqoXgAE9V2d.jpg (600x660, 89K)

Also Vanille

Dude, you can just freeze time indefinitely. I ended up having to sleep through the final days cause I already did everything.

Yeul is the thinking man's choice.

Literal brainlet spotted.

Attached: 4DaW.gif (245x245, 962K)

she's ok, too bad she's in the literal worst FF game to date

The time mechanic was interesting enough, even if it did become sort of pointless with how much extra time it gave you.

SHE HAS CUTE FUCKING FEET

I have no pics of them. Please supply

I gave up 1/4 of the way through 13
just tell me if she ever fucked Hope or not

Attached: blab.gif (545x534, 11K)

She becomes replacement mum, no incest.

big gay

It's ambiguous at the end of Lightning Returns. They're both adults (he's older than her now due to the ridiculous plot) and she's about to go spend time with him when the game ends.

Attached: lightningfeet.jpg (1280x628, 142K)

I'm imagining the story meeting they had for Lightning Returns
>Okay, this game is all about Lightning, fans love her but the main complaint is how she's emotionally cold and too stoic. Hmm we should do something about that. No wait! She's reincarnated by god so she should be even more emotionally stunted and not really be affected by any of the tragic stories around her. Genius, print it!

Attached: My_name_is_Inigo_Montoya_you_killed_my_father_prepare_to_die.jpg (2880x1620, 631K)

because 13 is shit people will conflate that to lightning being shit, it doesnt help that square kept pushing her

>ywn have Ali Hillis seat on you like she did to that lucky bastard

youtube.com/watch?v=0LeFwUwesnQ&t=7m11s

Attached: 1538752771506.jpg (288x252, 24K)

Or just slow down time to 1/4 with cheat engine. It allowed me to actually enjoy the game and it's world.

Attached: screenshot_2017-12-26_12-16-30_29.jpg (1440x1800, 604K)

That was the complaint from the English audience, but I'm not sure the Japanese audience felt the same way since Lightning was played in a much more feminine, vulnerable way by her Jap VO

>because 13 is shit
You're thinking of 15.

no, theyre both bad

13 is kino, pleb.

I played the sub and wasn't sensing it. This is literally talked about in the game, that she doesn't give a shit about anything around her. Sure it's a tragic thing to happen but it makes it hard to emphasize or connect with the protagonist and driving force of the game.

Look, all i know is that she has nice feet and armpits. And that's all i need to know.

I meant in the original XIII. Yes, in LR she's supposed to have some of her emotions cut out

Is xiii worth playing?

The first one, yeah. 2nd one if you like monster collecting, and I can't give an unbiased recommendation about lightning returns.

Yes.

but having a countdown until the end of the world was kino and helped give some urgency to the game and the interactions at first

Doesn't keep it from being a shitty mechanic. I hated that shit in Majora's Mask too, but at least that game had other things going for it.

hell yes brother

Attached: 1543647932668.jpg (1600x900, 570K)

If you don't get easily confused by simple concepts and like jrpgs. Then yes, very much so.

>armpit hair
Delete this

>simple concepts
The story is comically convoluted.

qt 3.14s with armpit hair is a patrician fetish

Attached: 1539520782272.jpg (640x648, 65K)

Nope light is shit

She wanted to leave her teammates to die at the beginning not even cloud or squall was that cold

Light fags pertend she had alot development but it was very little and predictable

Wow instead of light being a huge cunt she acts semi normal great development

She isn't a clould clone she is a squall clone

What's funny is that it's more of the opposite. She left her teammates behind because she was about to go on a suicidal rampage against the government.

Lol, more memes. Articulate this claim in detail, faggot. List out specific story and character development beats and show me how she's a clone of Squall.

I started this game recently and so far I'm baffled as to why it's so hated. I always heard the story was impossible to understand without reading shitloads of datalogs. But the story is mostly character driven while the datalogs are optional bits of lore on the world they live in and the most important things about the plot itself are made pretty clear in the cutscenes. This is better than having scenes of the characters giving info dumps to each other when they all already know how their world works. Gameplay's pretty good too.

>Liking 13 or its sequels and characters

Shit, garbage western taste is finally here and taking the world.
That explains why JRPGs suck these last years

Yet she's the most emotional she's ever been in LRXIII. Which, sure, is an intentional plot point, that she actually has emotions, but it merely comes off as them failing to write her emotionless. It's rather incredible actually, to portray intentional dissonance as just plain dissonance.

She was never supposed to be completely emotionless. It's just the "weak, childlike" emotions that are manifested in Lumina.

Le super stotic super soldier learns the value of friendship

It's boring and predictable but at least clould had vunerabilities that made him sympathetic

Lighting and squall have none

Fuck off Toriyama

>List out specific story and character development beats and show me how she's a clone of Squall.
>Le super stotic super soldier learns the value of friendship

So the retard can't articulate an argument with specific examples. Just responds with memes. Did you even play 13 or 8, you worthless dumb faggot?

The game starts with the declaration that Bhunivelze cut off her emotions. Full stop. And Lightning seemingly agreeing that it happened at several points.

But it also keeps showing us how Bhuni have no idea how humans work and think, and that he can't really stop people from feeling things, since that was never his domain.

>The game starts with the declaration that Bhunivelze cut off her emotions.
This is true, but

>It's just the "weak, childlike" emotions that are manifested in Lumina.
Is what actually happened. And Lightning did it to herself

It's Lightning agreeing that is the key point. (Also it would seem that Bhunivelze can still do something about it. Otherwise a cavalcade of different aspects of the story start to seem suspect. Even though canonically from the start most of Lightning's emotions were banished by herself next to her mother's deathbed, which is the "twist" of LRXIII.)

So plotwise, she's probably lying about that (even though her private conversations with Lumina seem to contradict this too), because from the start she acts emotionally, such as with annoyance. These are supposed to be "hints," that she's not emotional, but because Lightning's "emotionless" charade comes off so inept, the experience is more like the writers can't write unemotionality instead.

> "hints," that she's emotional
fixed. Unfortunate typo.

The point is not what the plot actually is, but what it comes off as.

>you can literally spam chronostasis to stop time indefinitely

they are a colonised species. They are our abused and mistreated slaves. when we're bored of them we abandon and kill them

it doesn't matter, they're fucking everywhere which means they succeeded as a species