Is Noctis from FFXV a well-written character?

Is Noctis from FFXV a well-written character?

Attached: noct.jpg (362x362, 22K)

Well conceived.
He works great in everything that isn't his own game.

as far as FF protagonists goes, kinda
stuck in a shitty game tho

The characters and overall story is interesting conceptually but the game does a very bad job of telling the story.

Nothing about FFXV is well written

Pretty much, yeah. Doesn't make XV any better than it is, but at least it has a pretty good protagonist.

How is he well written?
My only exposure to him was in Tekken, where everyone hates him because he's a faggot.
In what way is he well written in FFXV?

I was kind of surprised at how likeable the broforce four were despite everything else around them and their story being crap. 15 basically feels like lost potential: the game.

he's not, those anons are drooling tards

This. I actually liked the bros and road trip vibes but goddamn was I disappointed with everything else. And I wasn’t even a part of the hype train.

He's not well written, he's well written compared to most final fantasy protags. It's relative.

Hes good but the entire second act of his story is missing

He's one of the better FF protagonists, Cloud is a better though.

>In what way is he well written in FFXV?
He's not. He is in XIV and Dissidia, however. He's a spacey, depressed dude who has intense passion for his interests and loved ones and a natural disposition to being a gifted leader (encouraging, tries to instruct people, open to criticism and quick to catch on). He basically spends his life at war with his "weariness" and gets a bit rude and complacent at times because of it.

None of this is actually well expressed in XV. It's told to you, but barely shown.

I don't know, I didn't finish his game because it was fucking boring.

Angsty teen who gets literally a world of responsibility dumped on his head. He suddenly gets the responsibilities of the king of a country under occupation dumped on his head while living as a fugitive after he finds out his father died. Basically a shit ton of personal growth happened from start to finish (which they cheated and most of it magically happened off screen when he was frozen in a crystal for 10 years). This isn't good writing, but its better compared to other FF protagonists like Squall for example who I could not tell you anything about other than the fact he's angsty despite the fact I've played through ff8 at least twice.

I forgot to add "self sacrifice" to him getting responsibilities dumped on his head. The game ends with him willingly sacrificing his life for his kingdom, fulfilling a kings duty and his character arch.

That's Squall.

And the first act.
And the third
XV is a list of less than a dozen key points in Noctis' life thrown down in sequence with absolutely no plot connecting it, filling the void with exposition and padding.

Final Fantasy 15 was a fucking disaster. Sure, it looks pretty. But the story, world, setting, pretty much all of it was complete garbage.

They spent more time writing his quirks like oh I don't eat lettue in my burger, oh I love fishing even though there's no lake in the huge city! rather than doing any meaningful characterization or development. A shitty character from an even shittier game *dabs*

>spoiled rich kid that wipes the vegetables off his burger
>friends drive him to his arranged-marriage ceremony while he pouts
>girlfriend killed
>cries
>sucked into rock
>grows mustache
>kills big bad and then dies
>married in the afterlife
Wow, what a well-written and interesting character!

Wise Boomers.
Dumb Zoomers.

You just explained in a very simplistic manner the transition of the story, not how well the character is written. Stop commenting on subjects you have no knowledge of.

>You just explained in a very simplistic manner the transition of the story, not how well the character is written
That's because he isn't well written. He pouts, cries, gets upset, and any sort of development that should've occurred, detailing his transition to being a mature adult, happens during his decade in stasis. The developers literally hid all the character development via a time skip.

>That's because he isn't well written. He pouts, cries, gets upset, and any sort of development that should've occurred, detailing his transition to being a mature adult, happens during his decade in stasis. The developers literally hid all the character development via a time skip.
Now you're talking. And yes, you are right. That is indeed bad character development.

the sentiment in all 4 posts are correct though

>personal growth
Literally the only time Noctis exhibits growth was after the timeskip, and you yourself said that the crystal was a cop-out, so it may as well not have mattered at all.

>Literally the only time Noctis exhibits growth was after the timeskip
not entirely true but I'll give it to you. So what though? He had personal growth, saying "he didn't have it until...." is a pretty pointless statement. The writting in the game is garbage I'll never say otherwise but Noctis at least attempted to display character growth where a lot of final fantasy protagonists never even tried.

I mean, IIRC the only time where you could really say he grew is when he put on the ring, but that was just so Ardyn wouldn't fuck him in the ass during ch 13.

I'm just of the opinion that if a character isn't explicitly shown to develop and just jumps from point A to B in an instant, then the arc is near worthless. This isn't bad for minor characters like Iris (if we were allowed to see her), but if it's your protagonist, then it's extremely damaging.

Noctis from FFXV, nope.
Noctis from VersusXV, will.

Attached: 1514917507614.jpg (1079x741, 551K)

I will absolutely agree with that. Whole game should have been road trip+dungeon crawling with the bros

He has to go to Altissia and play mature diplomat to bargain for the opportunity to do the laviathan ritual. He fulfills his duty of state before seeing his gf despite that obviously being the main thing he wants to do at that moment. There's just the first example of personal growth being displayed that came to mind and I haven't played the game in years. I'm sure I could find more if I thought hard about it or re-read the plot summary.

No ,you making the same thread twice will not get you a different answer

No, he has very little development in his game. They focused too much on trying to make him "likable", but he just turned into a bland faggot that spewed puns every once and awhile.

Stop making this thread, faggot

But I only made it once before

>a lot of final fantasy protagonists never even tried.
No? Aside from Vaan and the I-III protags, all protags had character development at least attempted

>oh I love fishing even though there's no lake in the huge city!
This bothered me so fucking much. His Character is supposed to be the lazy disinterested rich city kid. He's supposed to be "too cool" to show emotion or care about things and he hates exercising and camping. Constantly complains about having to be outside or having to walk but for some reason his main hobby is fucking fishing? Suddenly you're bonding with that one outdoorsman during the fishing sidequest? what the fuck were they thinking.

vaan isn't the protagonist :^)

You mean Princess Noxella and her best homegirls Ignia, Promptella and Gladys?

They're tomboys!!! They're like, lesbians

hes not there baiting or atleast I hope

>what the fuck were they thinking.

They weren't. Their only intention was to make him likable, but this ended up with him having a poorly integrated hodgepodge of "endearing" traits.

Those fine ladies act like boys sometimes

He isn't. He has a couple of character traits that tried to give him some personality but he's very bland and barely has any character arc until the end.
His romance with his fiance was some of the worst shit you will ever see.
Even a non-canon crossover character from sakaguchi's game has better chemistry than he does with his own fiance

FFXV isn't a well-written or developed game.