Please explain something about the mobile market to me

Please explain something about the mobile market to me.

There are plenty of decent quality $1-10 games. Yet the ones that are played the most are """"free"""" ones that harass you for money every five minutes and gate your progress if you don't pony up.

Why don't people just play the cheap games that will cost less in the long run than the """"free"""" games that constantly harass them for more money?

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fpaultassi%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F04%2Fblades-new1.jpg (960x784, 82K)

You don't know if you'll like a paid game. A free game you can try before you spend anything.
I don't spend money on microtransaction bullshit, but there's some amount of logic to it.

99% of people get the free games and never buy microtransactions

Because those games are about collecting and gambling. You can play them a long time for free and will every once in a while get the thought "I invested so much time and effort into this game, it's fine to buy some things". Those games need zero skill too so people can feel good about progressing without doing anything.

Make no mistake though, there are no good mobile games in any shape or form.

that is false, not everyone buy microtransactions but a lot of % do, and that's in mobile game, you would be surprised how much actual games gain with microtransactions

>Why don't people just play the cheap games that will cost less in the long run than the """"free"""" games that constantly harass them for more money?
The "free" ones are better advertised. They use this money to draw in more customers.

There's a bunch of nice puzzle games. Those are paid, though.

When making a game, you can use two overall roads.

1-Make a game that is fun to play

2-Make a game that is very addicting

Mobile games that are "free", have a simple but flashy looking (audiovisual feedback) gameplay loop, the promise of "being better" if you only get "that one thing", or obtaining certain things as your goal, that sell to the player currency and items to reach that next stage of "fun", are designed completely around method 2.
Players are sucked in with the initial premise and then trapped like flies in a spider web.

This design works exceptionally well in the west, and in the east.
The only difference is that in the east you have to quadruple down on fanservice so the otakus can jack off to the waifus.
90% of japan is playing this shit, and there's a reason for that, it boils down the daily dose of fanservice and moe they need into a digestible format and also gently caresses their inner autism and drive to get "that next thing" that will make them feel good for a couple of minutes.

Overall, i could go deeper in this, it has a lot to do with how the market is changing and how people that play these "games" think and how their relationship is with the type that browses Yea Forums and how Yea Forums itself is becoming completely insignificant and when they see shit like Diablo Immortal they don't understand why the fuck it's a thing but once you step back it makes perfect sense economically.
But it's a long and complicated subject, i can't boil it down in just a couple of posts.
All you need to know is that there's shit going on outside of Yea Forums, a lot of shit going on right now, and things are changing.

Attached: 1312003930464.jpg (600x349, 21K)

Way worse than puzzle games for real platforms.

No, different. More emphasis on style rather than scale. Things are more self-contained and narrow.

Nah, on PC you will find more quantity, quality and variety at the same time. There isn't a single aspect where mobile games rage supreme. Mobile games are entirely worthless.

I'm pretty sure the only one raging supreme here is you. Seriously, you sound like 300 pounds at least.

If you want to rely on physical appearance in your arguments why are you here instead of finding some niggers or kids on the streets to talk to?

>hey remember that thing you like?
>where the last game was 100% pure kusoge which left the fans begging for a mainline game after the literal pile of shit they were handed?
>the 20th anniversary is coming up, hope youre hype! heres this neat countdown
>well, we're glad to announce that we've put your thoughts into consideration and we're coming out with a mobile game! no we don't have any gameplay but y'all like gachashit right?

i fucking hate this trend.
but i know this game will pass their expectations.
sadly, because people keep paying for mobile trash companies will keep jumping on the train and release bullshit to just keep sucking money.
I just want good games, is that too much to ask?
being a medabots fan in the west is suffering

everyone has a phone, its obvious why mobile games are popular. theres a huge install base right there and if you even make the game $.099 everyone will just pirate it
i dont know the answer to this problem, making a good free game and also monetizing it, but also being relatively fair to the player. its just asking too much

Attached: file.png (800x375, 453K)

There's no answer.
People that approach games in the way that Yea Forums does are slowly, but surely, simply becoming extinct.

The future is a mix of half mobile, half VR experiences.
Eventually the two are going to merge in some way, for sure.

>The future is a mix of half mobile, half VR experiences.
You're right.
everyone will have google cardboard-esque headsets with their phone using vr via game streaming like with stadia
it's not a future im looking forward to.

That's more of an in-between period.
The real deal will probably be google-esque glasses with integrated UI etc.
Then Musk is already pushing for neural interface research so eventually we're gonna control this shit with our brains directly (and that MIGHT be compatible with Yea Forums again beacuse if you're moving in a virtual world at the speed of thinking fast and precise games might become a thing again)

What are some good mobile games?
I want to dust off my runescape account at work but remeber how much of a job sim that game is

dumb people will buy dumb shit
smart people refuse to buy dumb shit
(((greedy people))) make dumb shit
smart people will buy smart shit
(((greedy people))) refuse to make smart shit

Attached: 1508902410208.png (690x739, 168K)

>google-esque glasses with integrated UI etc.
Google glass was just images projected on a small screen in front of your eye that you could use gestures to control, right?
i doubt that'll take off, the normal google glass flopped, a 2.0 wont do super well i think

but im not one to look forward to neural interfaces, as companies can collect any data they fucking want without telling you, and lawmakers are old , out of touch fucks who dont know how something like facebook works. so i doubt we would be protected from thought collecting.

I think this guy is right: Some people might play them without buying anything, true. But the most lucrative ones (like Clash of Clans or whatever) will probably have most of their users paying, I would imagine. It's probably mostly stupid kids who get addicted and then use their parents' credit cards to buy pointless microtransaction bullshit.

Because the only people who would ever engage in microtransaction purchases are either stupid children or complete fucking loser adults who probably have a gambling problem. Either way, they are not capable of making rational decisions.

Thanks for reminding me to make my daily login.

A lot of the decent $1-$10 games also have similar microtransactions, and similar paywalls.

>But the most lucrative ones (like Clash of Clans or whatever) will probably have most of their users paying, I would imagine.
No, even there, most don't pay. It's a small group at the top that only pays because it means they get to be a small group on top.