Now that Metal Slug 8 has been confirmed to be in the works, what do you want from it?

Now that Metal Slug 8 has been confirmed to be in the works, what do you want from it?

Attached: Fio_Germi_by_HikaReki.png (984x1262, 608K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/snk_is_making_new_neo_geo_hardware_as_well_as_a_new_metal_slug
youtube.com/watch?v=2SlAc-4xuMc
youtu.be/LzZEeRTQhJE
youtube.com/watch?v=JthpthpS4YE
randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/msmia/2x/co.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7ljtZJ9g5zo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sex animations

Eri is better. Fight me.

Better LGBT representation.

Flustered megane

Marco's Daughteru to be playable

Attached: Unit_illust_329.png (466x568, 426K)

Yeah, they need to be the new villains.

>Not drawing her on her canon tank top that show her delicious navel.

Shit fanart.

I want it to not rehash assets constantly like 4/5/6/7 did. Basically I just want another kino game like 3 but that's probably not possible unfortunately.

no 3d models, spritework.

Sprites!

Why can't girls realize that tucking their shirts under their tits looks like shit.

Deep lore

>MS 8
No proof, all bullshit.

My wives to be playable

Attached: MSA 3rd anniversary.png (1280x1280, 1.37M)

SNK confirmed it a few days ago

RAWKET LAWNCHAIR everywhere.

shooty shotty bang bang

>Marco's daugheru
wut

google cajunspicyent

>Onesee
>Bodysuit
>Leotard
>Miniskirt
>Thighhighs

That was one horny and confused artist

Marco accidentally created an AI while screwing around with a stolen computer virus or something. She currently is a hologram projected from a special SV-001 tank.

Some waifu characters are ok, I think.

Attached: 1555652985799.png (500x566, 280K)

Marco find a sentient computer super virus that was calling for help.
He answer her call and spend days reworking the virus to make it harmless but keep the sentient part of it.
Only Tarma know about her true nature and they can't tell anyone else because it would either because they know the Regular Army is corrupted as fuck and would use the original virus to nefarious goal or because it would put them in danger just for knowing.
Marco act like a doting father toward her while Alice want to breed with him.
Tarma also regulary make fun of him because of that.

Artist is female FYI, she just like cute girls.

Attached: MSA our guy.png (1280x720, 397K)

and this is her sister.

Attached: D0zwqIPV4AA-tlB.jpg (1097x1009, 158K)

Heidern, Clark and Ralk, I doubt you metal slug faggots even know who they are though.

>Only Tarma know about her true nature
In the Regular army.
Forgot that part.
White Baby also know.

I'm curious to see how the banter between Marco and Tarma will evolve now that she exist.

Ralf and Clark have been regulars in the series since 6. Leona was added in XX. Heidern is in the gacha games.

Considering the Ikari team is playable in the later MS, that's a retarded assumption to have.

i wonder if they're gonna use her more, apparently she wasn't well received by the fanbase.

I just want hope they keep the sprite animation quality of the other games

alternatively a first person shooter version metal slug would also be interesting but i am hoping for the former

Well, I do also think her mech is ugly and her design is rather forgetable.

i kinda agree but she's a pretty good unit in the game imo.

Attached: DteMxSMU0AALLsp.jpg (1127x1000, 162K)

Fio's navel is for bullying

Attached: 1522393607818.png (1453x1300, 543K)

Hey user can you tell the name of my cute new wife?

For some reason, I fully expect Dolores to instigate a civil war within the Rebel Army just to overthrow Abigail.
But it would disrupt the setting too much so I doubt they actually do it.
Just look at how they pussied out on killing the Professor.
More Nova when btw?

Females can be horny and confused user

Kukri appearing as a secret boss so he can pull pranks with the male cast

a good game would be nice

Dolores
>tfw didn't got her on the last crank

Attached: DtitveUX4AE8uKG.jpg (759x800, 97K)

don't mind me, just posting best boss in the series

Attached: Crab tank.gif (266x226, 158K)

TARMA

im gonna need some fucking source for this, dont fucking play me user.
Dont do it.

>Walk to the right while shooting

Thanks!
This game has a lot of cute girls. I hope we get some in the new one.

hot, thanks

ikr
too bad the guy's another patreon leech, he does some impressive stuff

nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/snk_is_making_new_neo_geo_hardware_as_well_as_a_new_metal_slug

Attached: image0-6.jpg (1500x2000, 331K)

Portraits like these.

Attached: fio.png (64x151, 4K)

Two girls are enough.
And I just want a sequel to Ikari Warriors and Shock Troopers.

Attached: 1522694683958.jpg (637x421, 54K)

Did i say hardest?
I just love how the sprite looks in motion

I really miss these

I miss the metalslug era when they were blatantly being a parody of war movies and sci-fi.

God tier sprite work

Me too, buddy. Me too.
Look at how they massacred my boy. It's blatant anime shit now.

Attached: 1507330096202.jpg (600x611, 18K)

Metal Slug apparently got a bit too anime in the mobile game.
Stop it, let that shit stay where it belongs, in mobile trash.
give me 90s inspired anime look.

god shut the fuck up already

Fio was my first vydia waifu and I loved the roughness and overealism of the artwork of the first 3 games, then MS4 hit the market and things just got more anime like after that. It took away a lot of its charm.

People complaining about "muh 80" or "muh 90" anime don't know know shit about anime.

You first, gachafag.

Oh for fuck sake

Attached: 12678388223.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Would much rather listen to a gachafag than some tutu-wearing fruit begging for pity points by bitching about anime, how pathetic can you be

I only ever played the first metal slug when do all of these characters start getting introduced?

When people mention the entire anime shit, they think of the generic artstyle most shows and mangas are using, not the uniquely stylized one.
This is how most female characters in MS were supposed to look like until MS2/XX concept art were leaked. Also

Attached: womaninMS.png (307x223, 24K)

>Not liking a stylization
>Mention it
>HURR DURR YOU HATE ANIME

No, Metal Slug's soul relied on its parody of war media, it shifting into a safer animeish style to sell is part of it's current commercial appeal. I miss the old artwork, I don't want them to go back and go bankrupt

>2 adds Fio and Eri
>4 adds Nadia and Trevor (their first and only time they are playable in a arcade game)
>6 adds Clark and Ralf from KOF
>7/XX adds Leona from KOF

>tutu-wearing
that's quite of a compliment, since classical dance is a rather hard discipline and requires precision and attention. So thanks.

Fio and Eri are from 2
Nadia from 4
Rest are from the mobile game.

MSA.
To be fair, MSA is a testing ground to see what is popular and what isn't.
Some of the most popular characters already got official merch and I fully expect them to appear in the next MS in some form.

Yeah, no, not when pic related exist.
Also I'm still waiting for an answer, my kind user.

Attached: Satiko_Suzuki_Artwork.jpg (444x736, 102K)

i hope Yoshino is a boss

Attached: illust_66486929_20190304_211301.jpg (1250x1500, 1.06M)

Oh, you. Thank god, you're here.
I wanted to present you my deepest excuses for what happened in the last thread. I was ''LITERALLY SHAKING'' and I couldn't resist the temptation of going into an autistic rage during our debate.
Now that I'm way more disposed for all of this. Allow me to have a better enounciation of my opinion.
I think, in some way, Metal Slug always had a certain identity that made it unique, as other anons said, it's Military Parody universe. The way the first trilogy handled it made it unique compared to most military parodies in Japan, you know, the one with little girls in panzers or in military uniforms. Eri and Fio have been established to be the cute girls of the game along with Rumi and Madoka, and they were contrasting witht the rest of the cast that was cartoonish.
The thing is, if SNK was to insert more female characters into the game, and especially the ones in MSA, that would break the balance the previous games established. Waifus are alright, but too much is too much.
I know I've said that in Metal Slug, anything could be possible. But in a sense, Metal Slug had it's own type of absurdity and humor in which tiny little girls in tanks would be quite unfitting if not done well. Allow me to use this as an example, if SNK was to put a little girl character with a huge tank, they would probably do a character that ressembles Tiny Tina from the Borderlands series, a characters that looks young and innocent, but then still has a part of madness and excentricity. Completely going for the ''cute and pure girl'' would break the mood of the game. Fio, even though she might be cute, still has a lot of humoristic moments within the series, which balances the character.

Again, sorry for last thread, user.

Dragunov

For it to have proper sprite work and not be a '2.5D' abomination

Which isn't going to happen

Is it even possible, to make 3d models that imitate the pixel art?
Like Guilty Gear fake 2d drawing, but with sprite look?
I can't think of a game that does it good for this case.

Attached: images (22).jpg (480x360, 13K)

what if they used an animation style like dragon's crown?

Dead cells does it

So what exactly does Metal Slug parody?

I like how our only speculation is how low of an effort they'll give it.

Attached: 1427229676258.jpg (570x657, 61K)

>Metal Slug 8 has been confirmed to be in the works
proofs?

My hopes for the new title is that it holds the same feeling as the first 3 games, which involves serious action with slapstick, high quality spriteworks and challenging gameplay. Also, the anime style has been a thing since the original, just that the styles have been changed to a modern look. I don't mind having cute female characters in the game so long as it's not a primary appeal to the game.

I mean SNK is fully chinese now.
you cant really expect quality from the chinks

>I wanted to present you my deepest excuses for what happened in the last thread. I was ''LITERALLY SHAKING'' and I couldn't resist the temptation of going into an autistic rage during our debate.
I don't mind, it was cute and funny, and as proof of my good faith, I'm willing to forget abput whatever argument you may have used in the last thread.
>The way the first trilogy handled it made it unique compared to most military parodies in Japan, you know, the one with little girls in panzers
Despite what you may think, I can assure you Girls und Panzer is more unique than MS will ever hope to be on a conceptual level.

>or in military uniforms
Too vague and considering Eri/Fio can also be included in that...

>they were contrasting witht the rest of the cast that was cartoonish.
Considering they can also get fat or turned into zombie gushing metric tons of blood, I'd say they also got the cartoonish treatment.

>The thing is, if SNK was to insert more female characters into the game, and especially the ones in MSA, that would break the balance the previous games established. Waifus are alright, but too much is too much.
See my previous post, MSA is a testing ground, most of them will probably not make it to the main series, I just hope my wives do.

>Metal Slug had it's own type of absurdity and humor in which tiny little girls in tanks would be quite unfitting if not done well
What if I told you MSA did them well?

>Completely going for the ''cute and pure girl'' would break the mood of the game
The few girls that are actually that in MSA do not actually fight lorewise so you're probably going to see them as NPC.

>Fio, even though she might be cute, still has a lot of humoristic moments within the series, which balances the character.
But that's also true for a lot of characters in MSA.

Yeah. If a proper metal slug's ever gonna be made it's gotta be bought back from the chinese.

i wouldn't mind the new characters appearing if they do in some sort of minigame mode

Nope, pixel art sprite are now impossible to do unless you're okay with low rez sprite (FYI neogeo only had an internal resolution of 320x224 pixels) and even then you'd have to find people willing to do the job.
The modern alternative to pixel art sprite are either "puppeteering" (Dragon's Crown) or hand drawn animation like you would do for an anime (Skullgirls, the recently revealed Street of Rage 4) and neither of those would satisfy people wanting pixel art sprites.

But I want my wives to be playable.
As for that other user who waifued Alice, she would be very easy to implement as a (optionnal) skin for the SV-001.

Well, based on how kof looked, and yeah Samurai Showdown look good. But they are not going to spend the effort for MS... But I would like to be proven wrong

How about making the sprites from the ground up?
Pic related is a remake of an SNES game and how they compare is almost identical.

Attached: 20190221093329_1.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

Maybe user my only wish is that 4 player MS happens and how chaotic it would get

I would be okay with hand drawn art if it matched the art style

While I like classic Sprite work, it was always more about the sheer love and effort that went into the handdrawn assets. They could put the same effort into handdrawn traditional animation and I'd still be pleased

But it does need to be 2D, and it does need to be expressive. Those two things are noncomproble

>numale weeb is getting mad at valid criticism
Everytime

I could sure use some sexy slugs right about now.

define sexy

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 199K)

>The few girls that are actually that in MSA do not actually fight lorewise so you're probably going to see them as NPC.

Not to mention that many of the girls who do fight are either in huge vehicles, wielding powerful heavy weapons/armor or are going full-on Allen style.

Wild Guns?
Yeah, they remade everything but it's still low rez (for the current standard, it's still at a higher rez than what the SNES had) sprite upscaled to whatever resolution the game use.
So no, there's no HD sprite here even if it looks "good enough".

It will use an anime artstyle and while I'll love it, you will be butthurt over it user.

MSA introduced the Egyptian subfaction and it is one FILLED with semen demon.

Attached: HMT_MSA_illust.png (1116x933, 1.29M)

Attached: MSA Yuki Onna Beatrice.jpg (1026x1000, 121K)

Remember when the first game ended with a paper airplane flying over the battlefield with all of the guys you killed?

Then we got anime faces and Martian invaders.

So you only enjoyed the first game?

I'll add two modes
Arcade mode: Classic Metal Slug action, 6 levels with what do you expect from the series, everyone is here too (Marco, Tarma, Eri, Fio, Trevor, Nadia, Ralf, Clark, Whip & Leona).
Story Mode: A more story driven mode, you go through a lot of stages with some small cinematics and dialogs between characters to add to the story, You play as different characters along the campaing and you talk/fight with some other chars introduced in Attack.
Longer than Arcade mode, maybe add branching paths like with 3 but with different bosses (most of them being powered up units from Attack), these paths also affect how the story progresses.
we get classic ms action and also a more longer mode to enjoy lore and interactions and also please the gachafags.

Why are there so many waifus in this thread? Are they from Metal Slug? Fuck... I just want to play as Tarma and shoot fucking soldiers... Or aliens.

Attached: 1522853702657.gif (400x300, 375K)

No, but it felt steadily going downhill with every installment. The egregious re-use of sprites didn't help either.

Tarma is a gentleman who like the female form.

Attached: MSA Tarma the supreme gentleman.png (1280x720, 398K)

Every Metal Slug past 3 was shit

>omnicidal warmachine locked away for being retarded

Attached: First_Baby_MSA_illust.png (649x989, 664K)

Attached: Everlasting_Summer_Miharu_MSA_illust.png (774x1026, 741K)

Tarma is the best thing from PF's campaign

You know what, while I don't care for the portrait art for most of those MSA female characters, the sprites tend to be a bit more fitting.

Attached: Beatriz_MSA_move.gif (60x86, 10K)

>Last vampire of Old Clan Tzimisce if such a thing existed in the MS universe

Attached: MSA Agalia.jpg (998x1000, 99K)

Where is SNK getting the cash for all these games? Are their mobages more successful than I know? Big pachinko money? Big chink money? It seems like they've been really ambitious lately out of nowhere

Attached: aof3.gif (1024x384, 116K)

The sprites for her Halloween version are comedy gold with the ninja/bodygard constantly spreading fake snow..

Attack surprisingly does pretty well, MS is also huge in China and Korea.

Attached: _20190419_175858.jpg (478x548, 71K)

This Metal Slug 7 screenshot makes no damn sense to me. What's going on? Why does she look like one of those early 2000's uguuu anime girls??

Attached: file.png (256x384, 178K)

>confirmed

NANI?!

Attached: SUMMER IN 3D.png (184x199, 87K)

same shit Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow does

TL;DR snk heroins did ok (for china standards it means it did good) and now they want to "revive" other series like Metal Slug

Sophia was there since MS1 though and she was already cute.
youtube.com/watch?v=2SlAc-4xuMc

This is your sniper for today.
Say something nice to her!

Attached: Unit_illust_689.png (521x573, 225K)

WhoaHo!

Attached: Hyper Ass Fio.png (3000x2500, 3.6M)

Don't have her, but snipers in MSA have all seemed pretty good from what I've tried.

Attached: 1555639347831.png (123x164, 1K)

her animations are fun, her death one is pretty bloody.

Attached: Aswang_MSA_bite.gif (130x124, 166K)

how would a sniper even work if most of the weapons (except the shotgun) can reach all the screen?

>more stages
Yes stages are long, but more main story content is always nice to have, even if it comes at expense of side content like combat school. The current campaigns just feel too short. Around 10 is a healthy number.

>more alternate paths
Everyone likes these

>better boss fights
Take some inspiration from modern boss design (from games and cuphead). Well differentiated Multi phase bosses, more mini bosses in the course of a level.

This question doesn't need to be answered if they go full 3D

>how would a sniper even work if most of the weapons (except the shotgun) can reach all the screen?
In MSA, they don't. Snipers in most cases reach beyond the edge of the screen, too.

>spoiler
don't remind me

Attached: DyTvKMtWoAEahHZ.jpg (1104x1199, 226K)

>tfw the classic soldier sounds won't be in

AAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOWWWW

>Classic soldier sounds come back in 7
>in XX they are replaced for the 6 soldier voices
Fuck it's not fair

Attached: 29e.jpg (600x885, 36K)

What did they mean by this?

Attached: MS5.gif (416x908, 57K)

Dragon Ball Fighterz

Did the DS version had the original screams?

Which theme makes you think on Ms the hardest?

Literally KOF 12 had incredibly "pixel art" that was just 3d models rotoscoped to 2D

youtu.be/LzZEeRTQhJE

Attached: Abul Abbas.png (1000x739, 364K)

And wasn't cheap so they went almost bankrupt?

Yes, 7(DS) had the OG voices for the soldiers

I hope none of the new characters from MSA make it into any new game.
MS isn't exactly realistic to begin with but that really doesn't look like it belongs in the same universe.

They already had mummies in 2 so it's not the first supernatural thing in these games,

what the FUCK.

Also they had supernatural shit in 3.
The giant thing that shot wolves at you.

>I hope none of the new characters from MSA make it into any new game.
Fuck you.

>but that really doesn't look like it belongs in the same universe.
That's because she's from the future.

All I want is a playable Dragunov

Attached: DInvZD9VoAA067H[1].jpg (759x800, 126K)

>That's because she's from the future.
That's a real shitty excuse. "I don't have to create a design that gels with the established aesthetic of the franchise; i'll just say she traveled from dimension X!!"

Attached: ac1[1].jpg (759x800, 87K)

So you never played MS 7/XX? They literally introduced time travelling in that one.

Sure, that doesn't excuse it though. And i'm sure they at least had some restraint in terms of design at that time.

Yes, and the time traveling soldiers looke dthe same as the current ones do, except a bit more silly like 50s sci-fi.
the total opposite.

I like Ikari Warriors and all but I think these fags need to go. give them their own damn game if you need to, SNK.

Attached: 1533646105391.jpg (600x800, 76K)

AUGH
AUGH
AUGH
AAAAAAHWOOO

But it does or do you expect people 100 years in the future to wear the same kind of clothes/armor we do today?

>the total opposite.
So you think she looks serious, as opposed to silly?
Got it, that's a good dsign then.

Yeah, they are fun as some cameos but they are becoming the norm and im not liking that, put Nadia and trevor instead if you want to.

I don't expect them to have pink hair and run around in maid outfits with chuuni eyepatches.

>I don't expect them to have pink hair
Nadia does
>in b4 everything after MS3 doesn't count

>run around in maid outfits
That one is from the present and is currently an assistant/former soldier with PTSD.

>with chuuni eyepatches
She wear one because she literally lost half of her face and body if the burns, artificial limbs and the different hair color wasn't indication enough.

I want them to kill off the waifu shit from the mobile games and focus on real gameplay.

But SNK gets too much money from churning out pixelart tits so I have no faith that MS8 will be any different.

I'm sure there are plenty of hilarious over-the-top Elfen Lied-esque tragic circumstances to explain the shitty designs, but it doesn't change the fact that they looked at Metal Slug and thought "yes, this shit will fit in perfectly".
And Nadia's a shit character too, but she gels with the style 200x better than the shit posted in this thread. You could look at her and the other characters and believe they come from the same universe.

>make shit that looks like something out of god eater
>put it in metal slug
fuck the gook who forced his OC on a good franchise.

>I'm sure there are plenty of hilarious over-the-top Elfen Lied-esque tragic circumstances to explain the shitty designs
You don't need a backstory to see her design has burn marks and artificial limbs, you just can't be bothered to properly look at a design.

>but it doesn't change the fact that they looked at Metal Slug and thought "yes, this shit will fit in perfectly".
She unironically does.

2D sprites

Attached: Sexy Slug.gif (210x158, 45K)

I noticed those design elements; but they're only there to facilitate the chuuni eyepatch so weebs like you will look at her and think "awww so kawaii she looks just like Rikka! She's mai new waifu/daughterfu!"
>She unironically does.
No. She doesn't. I've been playing MS games for nearly 15 years and if that image didn't specificaly mention MSA I would never guess in a million years that she had anything to do with the franchise. This is like shoving Idolmaster girls into Cowboy Bebop and saying "Nah bro it's all cool, she just came from the future/another dimension!! She totally fits in!"

Seems more like boss fight tier
>Entire boss fight is her sniping you from the end of the level
>Indicator is the laser sight following you before a massive fuck you bullet comes speeding from the right side of the screen

Attached: Unit_illust_592.png (405x579, 296K)

>I noticed those design elements; but they're only there to facilitate the chuuni eyepatch so weebs like you will look at her and think "awww so kawaii she looks just like Rikka! She's mai new waifu/daughterfu!"
The chuuni character exist and it is not her.
You're so biaised that you can't help but think of anime chuuni the moment you see an eyepatch, that's how bad things are.
You do know that even IRL people wearing a glass eye will still sometime wear an eyepatch? You obviously don't and even if you did, you decided from the start that the character was a chuuni and focused on that.

>No. She doesn't. I've been playing MS games for nearly 15 years and if that image didn't specificaly mention MSA I would never guess in a million years that she had anything to do with the franchise.
You view of the franchise only include MS1-3 and even then you have people who disliked MS2-3 for having aliens in it.

>This is like shoving Idolmaster girls into Cowboy Bebop
>Xenoglossia
It would make Cowboy Bebop actually good.
Nabeshin is an overrated hack btw.

Attached: MSA Sally.jpg (1166x971, 272K)

>yfw Dragunov is killed not by Ptolemaios but by the Regular Army, allowing the old man to reach full power in the future
Is there anything the Regular Army can't fuck up?

>The chuuni character exist and it is not her.
So there's more than her? Cool. Also that girl you posted is even further away from the MS design philosophy.
>You're so biaised that you can't help but think of anime chuuni the moment you see an eyepatch, that's how bad things are.
It's the eyepatched COMBINED with the rest of the design that makes me think of degenerate weeb garbage. Don't get all smarmy; you know what i'm talking about here.
>You view of the franchise only include MS1-3 and even then you have people who disliked MS2-3 for having aliens in it.
My view of the franchise includes everything outside of this horrendous gatcha garbage with shitty waifus forced into it to rake in horny whale money.
>It would make Cowboy Bebop actually good
Oh so you just have shit taste, as if that wasn't clear enough.

This. Totally boss battle material. The only characters I wouldn't mind from MSA are Dragunov or Yoshino. They're ridiculous enough but still on theme like Allen to be special boss fights.

Attached: 1537116892937.jpg (759x800, 114K)

Based

Attached: 1515682952830.jpg (1200x1200, 231K)

What about sexy Marcos?

Attached: 1354229832890.jpg (541x800, 315K)

story mode, ikari team and some units from the mobile garbage
and MS team on KOFXV

Attached: 8f18f33476e527482bb5faaa6f2ec275.png (1080x1063, 1.21M)

The original 4 people team and the aliens to return. Also longer levels and more guns/vehicles/transformatins features

Attached: 1462065572914.png (600x940, 514K)

Attached: 1465340466126.jpg (700x990, 391K)

>So there's more than her? Cool. Also that girl you posted is even further away from the MS design philosophy.
PM army is all the magic/mystic shit, and you obviously don't acknowledge it as it wasn't part of MS1-3.

>It's the eyepatched COMBINED with the rest of the design
C'mon user, she literally has burn marks on half her face, there's no reason to think her eye has magically been spared, she wear the eyepatch for a reason.
Again, you didn't bother to look properly at the design because of your bias.

>My view of the franchise includes everything outside of this horrendous gatcha garbage with shitty waifus forced into it to rake in horny whale money.
MS5 literally has magic shit with scythe-wielding demon as a final boss but somehow a girl chanelling the power of said demon is not okay?

>Oh so you just have shit taste, as if that wasn't clear enough.
Cowboy Bebop is literal normalfaggot bait and is one of the most overrated anime ever along Eva.
Also it's a manga aimed at girl if you didn't know.

Could be a multi-stage fight pretty easily.

>Starts with her sniping you from her hovercraft from across a large stage

>When you get close she flies around shooting down at you, maybe also tossing grenades

>When you blow up the hovercraft she comes at you with a knife

>

Attached: Dragunov_MSA_ground.gif (442x180, 79K)

I told you before that I understand the design. The point i'm making is that the burn scars, etc. exist only to facilitate the design features. The end goal here is something that doesn't really gel with the MS design philosophy. The ends do not justify the means. Whatever tragic backstory she has doesn't excuse the fact that they're shoving in a maid loli with pink hair and a chuuni eyepatch into the game because it's a design that will appeal to weebs and earn whalebux.

Besides some of the gacha units to be in the game or even better playable.
I just want to ride some of the enemies vehicles.
And i hope doesn't look too ugly. SNK 3D is not quite yet.

go back to your containment board faggot

>Yoshino is a basic Allen tier fight until you knock off her mask then she goes into a rage and it becomes like Huge Hermit with her smashing through wallls and debris as you fire and retreat

Attached: Unit_illust_393.png (523x580, 293K)

I wanna see Destrade as a boss too, maybe you fight her and Huracan at the same time.

Attached: Unit_illust_608.png (496x566, 240K)

>I told you before that I understand the design
You clearly didn't.

>The point i'm making is that the burn scars, etc. exist only to facilitate the design features. The end goal here is something that doesn't really gel with the MS design philosophy. The ends do not justify the means. Whatever
What if the means justified the ends? If half your face was burned, wouldn't you also wear an eyepatch on the burned eye?
That's the issue: you're convinced the goal of the character is to have an eyepatch when it could have been something they added later to make the design more coherent.

>Whatever tragic backstory
Again, I'm talking only about her design which features burn marks and artificial limbs. It should have been enough to hint that her eye is gone too but apparently you need a fucking backstory for that.
You clearly don't understand the design if you think that.

>maid
Wearing a frilly skirt outside the battlefield makes you a maid.
Okay.

>loli
Literally stacked, in other words, the opposite of a loli.

>pink hair
Nadia.
Feel free to tell me how she's better, it won't change the fact that she also has pink hair.

>chuuni eyepatch
So eyepatch are necessarily chuuni? wew

>earn whalebux
Tell me, Oh great MS fan that you are, how much did you spend on your beloved serie? Because I'm fairly certain that I've spent more on MSA than you will ever do in your entire life for the MS series as a whole.

>jobbed against a rookie with no experience

the girl in the picture user posted is not Sophia

Right, it was her sister Margaret.
Still that user thought anime girls never existed in MS when they were a thing from the start.

Okay, I guess i'm talking to a wall here. Keep feeding on the scraps your gatcha overlords feed you, if that makes you happy.
Oh, and i've bought the Anthology release several times before in the past as well as the (shitty) Steam releases. I also bought the GBA MS as well as MS7.
But in the end it's hard to compete with the spending power of a drone who drops thousands of his mom's hard-earned dollars on generic waifu .pngs, so I guess you can hold the W on that one.

Question.
What's with all the lore involving Fio and Eri being assigned to kill Marco and Tarma.
And for that matter, why are Maco and Tarma being blackmailed in the first place? I'm aware Marco made a virus and uploaded it into the Regular Army's mainframe almost causing a nuclear missle strike but he willingly signed up to fight the Rebel Army. Tarma too.

Attached: PokeSlug XX.png (1301x1200, 468K)

I like how she and dragunov literally sink in the water because of how much muscle they have.

I hope they get rid of Fio and Eri. Too much waifu shit for my taste. It needs to be more diverse. Where is my LGBT and people of color characters? Japanese and Chinese needs to be more inclusive baka.

What the fuck is all this anime shit.
this is not metal slug.

>mfw the character portraits on the character selection screen are wanted posters

>MS2 introduces mummies,aliens
>MS3 introduces zombies, mammoths, prehistoric stuff,yetis,rootmars and cool aliens,clones,zombie clones
>MS5 introduces cults and a fucking demon from another dimension as a final boss
>MS6 introduces actually creepy shit aliens and other shit
>MS7 introduces time travel

So why the boomers doesn't like the ideas from MSA? After this they almost makes sense, seriously look at the older games,no one outside MS4 are like the original where you just destroy soldiers and slugs

Also there's a lot of waifu stuff since the beginning,for example the combat school or the eri tits dead animation

So basically there's a lot of stuff from MSA who can work in MS8 like pic related,she can be a boss of her own stage

Attached: DK4LCnIVoAE-K-X.jpg (759x800, 124K)

Two reasons.
Is gacha shit.
The waifu shit wasn't so blatant.

Attached: Fio.jpg (1000x1398, 735K)

>Okay, I guess i'm talking to a wall here
I literally pointed out the logical fallacies in your argument, you don't need a fucking backstory to understand that an obviously crippled person may need an eyepatch to cover her eye (or lack of thereof)
Or what? Do you think WW1-2 vets are wearing eyepatches for fun? Pic related.

>lost the argument
>has to ad hominem
Didn't you want a cordial discussion?
Don't worry, I will be here to lick your tears if MS8 actually feature a MSA waifu and there's very good odds that at least Abigail or Dragunov will make it.

Ever seen LoGH?
Same shit here, Marco just doesn't agree with Morden's methods as the ends doesn't justify the means.

Attached: slider_video_gueules_cassees.jpg (1200x674, 134K)

>Right, it was her sister Margaret.
Cynthia

Would be amazing if they made satiko into a boss

Attached: IMG_1916.jpg (160x150, 19K)

Welp, I stand corrected.

>cute as fuck in the artwork
>actual sprite is spooky
Satiko for MSA when?

>MS5
unfinished.
>MS6
Trash
>MS7
Aceptable but the designs of time travel fit perfectly with the game aesthetic and dont do stupid shit like ATTACK.

>original games introduce stylistically unique things that are meant as parodies of B-movies, 50's era horror tropes, etc.
>gatcha shit introduces generic fat-titted waifu after generic fat-titted waifu to leech money off of whales
This is your brain on anime
>b-b-b-but the games had attractive females in the past so therefore it's perfectly okay to have a furry robot chuuni meido with giant flopping X-cup breasts and an ass window!!
It's clear you'll suckle off whatever generic anime dreck is fed to your gaping hole of a mouth, regardless of what you're treading over to accomplish that.
If you're incapable of discerning the fundamental differences between pre-Attack and post-Attack character designs and why people dislike the changes, then you're either literally blind/retarded or just trolling. Either way, i'm wasting my time on this nonsense.

So how exactly did they make the Metal Slug sprites? Was it hand-drawn beforehand and then converted into pixel art, or did they literally design and animate it all pixel by pixel?

Attached: cool_bug_facts.png (1080x1108, 671K)

I dont recall EVER seeing sketches of the animations, just the concept art of characters and overall base design. so im guessing they did spritework and animation straight up digitally.

>It's clear you'll suckle off whatever generic anime dreck is fed to your gaping hole of a mouth, regardless of what you're treading over to accomplish that.
Nope, there's much lewder on the mobage market, the only reason I play MSA is because I played the MS game in the past.
And the waifus.

>If you're incapable of discerning the fundamental differences between pre-Attack and post-Attack character designs and why people dislike the changes, then you're either literally blind/retarded or just trolling. Either way, i'm wasting my time on this nonsense.
Have you finally accepted that the eyepatch was an organic part of the design rather than a forced one? You don't seems to mention it anymore.
And don't worry about me, because you should have noticed fundamental differences in everything between games that were released before MS4 and game that were released after MS3.
But it seems that you don't so you may be the one retarded here.
>call people retarded
>doesn't earn enough money to allow him to whale in a gacha

>Either way, i'm wasting my time on this nonsense.
>pretend to like a serie
>immediatly call it nonsense the moment it diverge a little from what he like

DONT BULLSHIT FAGGOT THERE ISNT A SINGLE PIECE OF NEWS ABOUT IT ANYWHERE. POST SOURCE OR GO FUCK YOURSELF

Attached: 1552250808212.jpg (200x315, 11K)

It's said she's the reason why aliens showed up in the first place

Pixel by pixel.
That's what Dai is also doing for the MSA sprites she post on her twitter.
It's also one of the reason she said making a new game with that method was extremely unlikely.

I pity how metalslug will follow the steps of shitty mobile games thanks to an audience of spergy gachafags like (you)

know your audience and rephrase appropriately
'needs more yuri'

Ask and you shall receive.

Attached: MSA yuri pairing.jpg (1596x1080, 213K)

That's some sexy 2d animation. Got any more?

every time

Attached: 69f.png (153x240, 53K)

Attached: Special_Perche_MSA_illust.png (1119x946, 1.49M)

it's not like that wouldn't happen.
there just might be more characters doing stuff in the background or fighting you directly.

at this point, some MSA stuff is guaranteed, they've retroactively made it so that some of the characters were always around but just never showed up like abigail.
expecting a character or two in the next KOF as well, maybe a kimi hero character as well.

Attached: kimi wa hero.png (1102x620, 897K)

Well, given her rank, Abigail is supposed to do desk work instead of wiping the floor with Shota Professor so it would make sense that we never saw her before.

Nigger please, shit has been rehashed since the first metal slug game. Just listen to the sounds the enemies make when they die:
youtube.com/watch?v=JthpthpS4YE

2/x/3 are guilty of rehashing too.

When are we gonna get to see more of the Tani Oh pilot?

Attached: Tani_Oh_Pilot.jpg (590x443, 179K)

>part of it's current commercial appeal
>imlying it asn't being used since Metal Slug 1 and 2.

>This is how most female characters in MS were supposed to look like until MS2/XX concept art were leaked
Then what the fuck is this picture of Rumi from Metal Slug 1?

Attached: Rumi_MS1PSX.jpg (320x320, 29K)

an entire level based on in the hunt again

No they're not. They might've been bought out by them, but their main dev force is still Osaka based. The chink buy out has barely had any effect on them. Stop parroting shit you see retards spout online.

Its common for companies to reuse assets, but they took it way too far in 4/5/6
MS1-2-3 aside from those pointed out sounds, are mostly original in their own right.
some grunt screams (although very characteristic of MS) is not exactly a very exclusive thing to any game, and those blast and explosion sounds were very common on the anime of the era so its not like a case of actual rehash.

See? this is a bit more like it would fit a little bit better in Metal slug, not some big tittied anime maid or muscle girl wearing a bikini.

they got bought out by chinks that are turbonerds of snk and let them stay as they are so they can do what they do.
they are honestly going through a Renaissance right now after being in the red for years.

metal slug 2

KoFXIII-tier sprites or else the game sucks regardless of gameplay.

DIVERSITY! JK, I want a white phosphorus weapon.

Well, thats great to know, it, theres not much info about SNK really so you cant blame people for making this kind of shit when the chinks are a very trending topic lately when talking about "cheap" videogames

>muscle girl wearing a bikini.
Why can't we have that when we already have shirtless muscle men?

Attached: Allenlaugh.gif (82x46, 12K)

Because Rambo made shirtless men with big machineguns a common thing in our minds.

why is there almost no art of this Italian stallion?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (480x360, 39K)

you need to look harder.
as things are, she's the character with the most art.

And why we can't have shirtless (bikini-clad) women with big machine guns?

Attached: Julia_Unused_Ilde.gif (85x48, 7K)

This trash mobage has been going on for 3 years, really?

Are you kidding? 2/x/3 reused a bunch of graphical assets too. All the metal bridges and stuff just to name some examples. Bosses were reused too,as awesome as their inclusions were in X/3. I'm sorry, while what you said is true about companies reusing stuff, but to say that the early games weren't guilty of reusing assets whille assuming only the post 3 games are guilty of this is purely delusional. As awesome as the early games were they are guilty of the same issues. If it comes to backgrounds and shit 6/7//XX are the least guilty of that. Personally I don't like them as much as the neo geo backgrounds, but bottom line is the stuff they used was completely different.
Listen man, Personally I think the games between 1-3 are the strongest in the series with the weakest being 4 (4 being the guiltiest of reusing) and 5, but you got to acknowledge that the games throughout the series did that to some degree or another.

Because it doesnt seem fitting for the same reason.
also women are not known for being strong all out fighters like Allen but rather agile and inteligent. like they would command a big mech instead like .
Its the same with Allen on 7 piloting the big mech. it looks out of place.

Longer than that if you count Metal Slug Defense.

Attached: Nikita_Fire_MSA.gif (124x86, 8K)

>Now that Metal Slug 8 has been confirmed to be in the works
fukken wot?
source?

Yes and they're one of the bigger resources of revenue for SNK along with the other mobile games, and they've been making more money thanks to the mobile stuff since like 2015/16. It's been mentioned in their financial stuff every year since. The biggest source of revenue being their IP licensing.

If it's 1) not in 2d 2) full of moe anime, do NOT bother.

Attached: 1547024885756.gif (452x384, 411K)

SNK has been surviving off of it's mobage for a very long while.
i know people like to shit on mobile games just because, but even with the waifushit, the game goes out of it's way to respect everything about metal slug that was already there.
the only character that has ever really been played as a joke or has been shit on is allen JR, and even then they give him a top class girl in julia here who is everything you would expect an allen to have as a future wife.

>also women are not known for being strong all out fighters like Allen but rather agile and inteligent
If you wan to use the realism argument (in fucking MS? really?) you should know that IRL men are better than women at those too.

I've been arguing with those people for two days: they will say they don't care about the lore but will bring the lore to justify their hate of sexy girl/fanservice.

prove it

Same gameplay, more of the humor and wackiness from X and 3, and more color variety than 7/XX. I know 7/XX took place on a literal garbage island, but once someone brought to my attention that it was brown everywhere, I couldn't unsee it. Also, bring back the classic enemy SFX. The enemies sound so damn lame and dorky in 6 and XX. They were good again in 7 but then they switched it back for XX.

It's a good thing that a majority of the female characters do just that then. Nearly all of them pilot vehicles, use crazy technology or even literally throw expendable troops at the problem. And that's not even counting the supernatural/alien/alternate universe characters.

Attached: Di2NztbW0AA1x5T.jpg (759x800, 100K)

Literally just go on to any booru site you mouthbreathing retard

The sound balancing is also horrible in 6 and XX. They made stuff like the HMG and bullet impact sounds way the hell too loud.

if it wasnt for the dumb face and haircut, this would be okay for MS

Does MSA have tier list of units?

just search her name in more than one place.
you can get more by going to jp sites and looking up フィオ・ジェルミ

Attached: 73535932_p0.jpg (1200x1800, 843K)

Que esté chido

Attached: Screenshot_20190419-173633.png (2560x1440, 498K)

Playable Yoshino and Dragunov

Attached: Dsx-i_wUwAAluX8.jpg (868x1228, 175K)

Also, in an old interview, they mentioned making Mai from Fatal Fury/KOF a playable character. Maybe make that happen?

yeah, just google it.

That's all well and good but it's still a horrible pay to win game.

It's a game that actually gives them money unlike the ones that everyone just pirate.

for pvp yeah, but the game has shitton of sp modes you can enjoy without having to rely on sr units.

Did they ever think about the fact that they could sell proper releases of said games instead of mame + rom being the better versions?
Ofcourse people are going to pirate instead of buying the games if the pirated versions are better.

whatever is new.
it's unfortunately that kind of game, so the guys who used to do the tier list just kind of gave up.
if you are going to start, i'd save all my medals for when you hit 50 and just use all of the free ways to get units like events and stuff that gives you extra currency

It says 2 years ago from reddit

Reddit literally has a link to three up to date tier lists with the newest characters from the last update.

>playable
They are villains, user. VILLAINS.

This

It's all fun and games in MSA until some fuck has that parachute soldier that stuns and does heavy damage and that yellow bear.

never ever.
at best they and caro will be sub-bosses that join in the final mission or something

Attached: 70065501_p1.jpg (600x768, 89K)

Source?

Attached: 68646728_p0.jpg (3772x1512, 350K)

Ball slug is still on top

dang dude you're so hardcore for knowing what ikari warriors is.

Attached: 74062788_p0.jpg (1158x816, 1.04M)

So is every playable character.
Join the rebel army now and fight corruption.

>navel fetish artist
Eager to see a continuation

Ptolemaics best army.

Except they did, but no one seems to have fucking bought them. When one of the developers asked what they should do to to ease new players into it a very good chunk of them mentioned features and things that had been included in the proper home releases at one point or another or similar stuff to it. Even if they release "proper home versions" people only ever purchase/pirate the arcade versions.

I myself have bought the PS1 version of X, the 4/5 pack sold in North America (PS2), bought the Anthology 3 times (PS2), Advance (GBA), got Metal Slug 7 (DS) with the special cardboard sleeve and the Neo Geo mini with all the Neo Geo slugs. Whish I could've gotten XX, by my PSP is already dead, but I'm thinking about the PS4 version. I wish I could have bought more, but I was too poorfag for neogeo carts or couldn't buy other versions since they were only released in Japan/other regions.

In fact I have a question for everyone, which metal slug games do you own, and in what form? Doesn't matter if it was digital, physical, or even part of a collection or stuff like the Neo Geo mini. I want to hear from the people that complain about the waifufags that spend money on the series, which Metal slug games do you own, when was the last time you put a coin into a cab with a Metal Slug game in it? I want to know who else bought some of the home releases of the Metal Slug games, or the ones fortunate enough to own AES/MVS carts.

Attached: metal slug arcade poster.jpg (1204x850, 322K)

This is more like it. hair is still retarded though on some cases.

for realz tho, eri needs more love.
also nadia, but at this point even SNK doesn't like her much

Attached: 72185395_p0.png (1000x1110, 1.56M)

Not knowing the Ikari warriors have been playable in Metal Slug for 13 years.

I think SNK are just responding to the fans' lack of enthusiasm for 4. Nadia would probably get more love if fans loved her.

Attached: 60040075_p1.jpg (752x1062, 622K)

What's the deep lore of the game?

I dont think it has much lore?
the deepest that i can recall is in 5 where they literally steal the plans for the metal slug and mass produce it, but of course that game is unfinished.

Morden did nothing wrong

The "bad guys"aren't the real bad guys. The organization your characters are from are the real bad guys.

The best thing about Metal Slug's lore is you can completely ignore it. The games tell a story through pure on-screen action.

Attached: 1554467168490.gif (304x178, 656K)

I bought X for playstation and anthology for the Wii.
I have 3 for steam.
I played defense and attack. Only bought some montly cards in attack.
Last time i played the arcade version was 3 months ago since all the arcades here only have old games.
I still can finish 1 and 2 with one credit.

Is it impossible for SNK to release a perfectly functional optimize release of all 7 games in a package that look cool and run well?
I mean, I recall the x360 and the pc ports being kind of bad

Attached: images (23).jpg (640x360, 51K)

there's actually a lot of background stuff in supplementary things like art books.
there's a lot to build off of like marco being quite the genius with computers and the reason morden went nuts.
stuff about allen's family and everything like that.
but that's SNK for you, they have always done this kind of stuff for fans who want more

i love the rebel soldiers, they're so charismatic.

Attached: metal slug 2 arcade poster.jpg (850x1199, 374K)

No, the pc versions are still pretty shit while running the arcade roms in retroarch with runahead is literally the better experience.
I would buy them if they fucking put ANY effort into the ports, but again the arcade roms are still better than the ports we can buy so I won't.
I do own 3 tho buy I don't remember buying it.

Attached: 94299.png (148x125, 5K)

So which is better, Laser or Heavy Machine gun?

genuinely unhateable.
i honestly feel bad cutting a giant swath through them.

metal sluts

Attached: 1537987954830.png (800x920, 477K)

ejem
Aserejé, ja deje tejebe tude jebere
Sebiunouba majabi an de bugui an de buididipí
Aserejé, ja deje tejebe tude jebere
Sebiunouba majabi an de bugui an de buididipí

>MS1 credits roll in

Attached: 1548431493472.png (231x159, 73K)

are we just going to ignore the terrible 3dmetal slug games?

Is metal slug attack worth it? all this talk about it make me kind of interested, hows the gameplay like?

Its just men doing their work.
Metal gear solid explained it best.
in the end, they are bros. women will never understand this kind of feeling.

>helicopters drop letters every time you shoot them down

Attached: 1534499750899.png (600x522, 379K)

This is purely speculation in my part, but my gut tells me one will be in the works once more info about the new game is revealed. Really good collection comprised of a bunch of their pre-neo geo games was released not too long ago. It had a robust museum featuring a bunch of history, neat little details about them, sketches, etc. It also let you play the Japanese/English releases and the home/arcade areleases if available. It had save states and some visual options as well as a mode where the games even play themselves incase you ever get stuck or something, it even let you rewind and shit.

A similar collection for the Neo Geo Samurai Shodown games is in the works and has been announced. My gut tells me there will be one for Metal Slug when the time comes.

Honestly i tear up when i look at the MS1 Credits.
pure unfiltered kino

cool alternate routes like in MS3

Attached: 1552201933065.jpg (2048x1366, 265K)

Play with a friend.
Peace forever.

Attached: 1522887088040.jpg (201x250, 5K)

>girl crying at the grave only for the wind to send her hat flying while she shivers

Attached: 1549198018022.gif (500x281, 267K)

So the whole thread is a bunch of boomers who can't accept waifus,what are you gays?

Im sorry but unlike you, I actually have taste in videogames and waifus.
and anime moe trash doesnt belong in metal slug.

>Peace forever

Attached: 1367885564300.jpg (616x474, 26K)

What's this cute anime style drawings since the early Metal Slug games, who would've known. B-but it was supposed to be a recent phenomenon or some dumb shit like that.

>Peace Forever!

Attached: 447px-Manlytears3[1].jpg (447x599, 40K)

It's worth a try to see if you dig it.
It used to be a long term game, but since they boosted rank xp half a year ago, it's much easier to get on your feet.
It's kind of like a tower defense game, you send out units and try to destroy the enemy base or boss.
PvP is a nightmare, so I wouldn't do anything with it except for dailies.

You spawn units from your tower that clash against an oponent.
Is alright i guess. Just don't play pvp. The stories are neat but the translation is pretty bad but this is SNK so is a plus.

It's like Age of War, there's a lot of units and different strategies and the such.
online is p2w as fuck but if you stick mostly to the single player modes (there's a lot of them) it can be fun.
I mostly play battle mode and raids.

>playing one player
>all those dead people
>I did all of this

Attached: 1494457401728.jpg (958x509, 96K)

you shoot satan until it dies

Waith the plotemaic army still exist?

Attached: 1554347127204.jpg (758x711, 60K)

I would like a Hybrid combat system, half shooter, half fighting, side-scroll all the way, all factions story, goofy challenges, gif related pls

Attached: 14e[1].gif (500x730, 618K)

How'd you like the combat school and the mini missions in X? I remember spending hours on them.
Man 1CCing a metal slug for the first time feels pretty damn good.

Have you tried the arcade archives versions? The Dot Emu ports are ass. Some of the home ports that have been released in the past have their flaws, but com packed with Extra stuff that isn't seen in other versions. Although idk how tough tracking some of them down now might be now and not all of them are available for all regions.

What do you own 3 on? was it the one with the mini game in which you get fat and has the mothership portion of the Final mission with the rebels as the playable characters? I never got to try that one since it wasn't released for PS2 in my region.

>Grown-up
>Discover that morden did this because his son died thanks to the regular army

Attached: 1486596704515.jpg (314x261, 17K)

Oh shit nigga, you only had to say age of war, im sold, how's the whole unit selection thing? you pick one of the armies and get the units from them or you pick characters from all games and factions?

That old dude won't die even when he's killed.
Funny thing about that, since they cut that boss from 5, they made it so that he was killed by someone else in MSA, but he just came back

Attached: 1497173366663.png (288x224, 13K)

Faggot

Ptolemaios live!
and comes back from death, ergo the time travel-alternate dimension stuff
Almost for sure, he will be the last bossor the waifu space invaders

Attached: __geshiko_ritaiko_sangou_akiyama_yukari_nishizumi_maho_and_etc_girls_und_panzer_and_etc_drawn_by_ham (850x850, 241K)

You can mix and match.
Some units have bonuses when in the same team, but it isn't that necessary.
Oh wait, one mode does require faction teams

There's a buratino on GUP?

>Grow up even more
>Realize Morden literally sent hundreds to thousands of men to have the same fate as his son
>the same soldiers still follow him
Dunno if call him a hipocrote cunt or praise those soldiers for their loyalty

Attached: 1369025406611.jpg (795x541, 202K)

>final mission of first game
>Terrorize town and potentially kill innocent shopkeepers if you aren't careful
>That odd feeling.

Attached: 1497139737348.jpg (584x307, 273K)

you pick chars from different factions, though a team full of one faction gives you a bonus and some chars have special skills that gives buffs to chars from their factions
You roll random units from the mystery crank (rates are not that awful), or buy them with currency from the special shops.
You also get to pick from a list a max evolved unit from the start.

One of the interviews in the Metal Slug Anthology for PS2/PSP mentions it. The interviewer asks them about new things they may put in future games. Those interviews are pretty damn old, tho.

hon hon hon, somebody haven't read the manga

Attached: __girls_und_panzer_and_etc_drawn_by_hamcoro__sample-a77e3f784d9889b9d866df860a8468e6[1].jpg (850x850, 243K)

Its not the final one, its the one before the last.
the last one is pretty much naval combat on the reef/sea and the enemy base

But no, just a related images set

Attached: __metal_slug_and_etc_drawn_by_hamcoro__sample-3b3edd2820b6f49e71adbd2534412d19[1].jpg (850x850, 221K)

Attached: fcefe78dc94955869e66c1a41f0176a7[1].jpg (150x150, 9K)

best ending in my opinion

Attached: 1524883510721.jpg (620x349, 34K)

Attached: d6d3fd2d70a62451c4f0d4de27a1bb8f[1].jpg (150x150, 9K)

Yeah I kind of realized right after I posted.

Attached: 046.jpg (1099x800, 155K)

Attached: 1552961704651.jpg (8571x6650, 977K)

Attached: 508c4585603520aed148996935c1d42b[1].jpg (150x150, 9K)

Attached: 048.jpg (1099x800, 140K)

>those dead metal slugs in 4 who charged before you

BUT WHO WAS PHONE?

Attached: 1521018612811.png (395x465, 295K)

I wish i had this fucking artbook.
reeee

can you guys post some fio. also is there a website that has rip of the ingame art?

Attached: 953646.jpg (1920x1200, 555K)

Attached: 049 (1).jpg (1099x800, 109K)

The issue is that you get a free super unit, and that one single handle defeat everybody no problem, until you hit a wall of a mega crazy unit that you can't defeat

Those are manageable.
But pic related? Literal kings of meta for a long time until golden morden robot sent them into irrelevancy.

Attached: MSA golden armor.jpg (1200x675, 154K)

somebody post the monkey gif

Attached: 050.jpg (1099x800, 131K)

i fucked up posting 3 thumbnails, danbooru.donmai.us

Attached: sorry.png (849x2505, 2.98M)

Attached: 051.jpg (1099x800, 164K)

>satiko got added in the intro screen of Metal Slug Defense
>if you clicked on her the wind would blow her hat and the soldier's helm from the tomb
>instead of praying she starts crying and shivering
fucking saddening

Attached: Suzuki.gif (22x37, 1K)

i honestly never used that maxed SR unit, i was using fio/eri/nadia/whip/leona at first and did fine, thought i got fucking lucky later on and got both Special Perche and Julia in a single roll i did.

See I fully expect you to answer
>b-but it's anime moe trash i like so it doesn't count

Make all the previous character from the previous entries playable and don't cherry-pick between 4 of them.

>That couple

Attached: 052.jpg (1099x800, 157K)

randomhoohaas.flyingomelette.com/msmia/2x/co.html

Attached: MPwsCb5_d.jpg (640x400, 36K)

So do you think that a 4 player metal slug would work? I always love the multiplayer but with more players I don't know,it probably would make the game more easy or chaotic

I think they could make it. If it is to much caps, that is your problem for wanting to play 4 players.

>he doesn't pick Tarma

Attached: 1552203027377.png (144x144, 1K)

I think it would make it more chaotic. They'd probably have to throw in more enemies or make them much tougher to compensate for the increase of players. Not that you mention it an online multiplayer Metal Slug just like that was attempted years ago, but it got canned. I don't quite recall if it was called Metal Slug Online or something like that.

Back in 2015, SNK Playmore got bought by some rich Hong Kong investor guy who actually has a massive boner for classic SNK games. Bought SNK Playmore, renamed it back to SNK, started hiring talent and funding actual games. Instead of a simple money-grubbing venture capitalist deal, he actually wants them to return to their former glory and make good games. The rough start a few years back were just growing pains.

Attached: 057.jpg (1099x800, 140K)

Well shit user, now i feel sad about metal slug 1.

The nosuke is one of my favorite machines

Attached: 056.jpg (1099x800, 167K)

>used to think the POW's were old guys that would give you free stuff
>later realize they are prisoners

Attached: 1546016948303.gif (500x333, 2.74M)

I'm so fucking lucky. On a lark I went hard for the Golden Claw and it carried me so hard. Untouchable in ranked match for weeks. I should have played vs. even more than I did and really banked on my good fortune.

Wrong wrong wrong, everything you said except them getting bought out and probably the buyers being fans is incorrect. Funding was never given to them. The chinks didn't do shit except buy them up and bark an order here or there basically telling them to stop sucking at 3D during the IPO meeting before the most recent one. They never gave them cash or anything like that. It's all their mobile games and licensing of IPs that's funding them. If the chinese had given them any cash at all KoF XIV maybe would've had some sort of a boost, but it didn't, even the devs mentioned they had a small budget for it. Even the death of the pachi arm wasn't the chinese's doing, at the time SNK was losing money and changes in Japan's gambling laws would've forced them into more debt. That's a bigger effect than anything the chinese have done. The chinese barely did shit. The details of their financials have been available and ever since they chopped of the pachi arm nearly every time they mention how the mobile stuff sell more, each consecutive year. As of the last couple IPO meetings they mentioned the the largest form of revenue is mobage their IP licensing being the biggest contributor.

Then why all the sudden it look like they are trying to do decent real games?

>Now that Metal Slug 8 has been confirmed to be in the works
sauce?

He's coming back right?

Attached: 172312.gif (258x100, 107K)

best guy

That's been a goal since the Pachi arm was chopped off (that was due to the changing japanese legislation about gambling and they were considering it before the buyout was finalized) since that avenue of revenue was pretty much out of the question. The mobile stuff has been carrying them too. To the credit of the new owners they did say they wanted there to be a sort of multimedia-verse of SNK related stuff. Main thing is other than that the chinese have provided no real financial backing since then. Pretty much everything they've been doing has been built off the revenue from the mobile and IP licensing stuff. Think about it, if the chinese had been funding all this time why have developers mentioned small budgets, why are they barely waiting until now to expand the size of the people they have on payroll, why are they barely now ramping up production from one console game to two per year? Had they had all that chinese money all of that and hiring the staff necessary would've been possible from the get go. Even one of the dvelopers (watanabe) a couple years ago mentioned around summer time that he didn't understand company decisions and that he wished they hired 50 more people, indicating that they were short on staff.

>tfw just realized recently he had a secret kick animation for melee range

new transformation where marco/tarma turn into cute girls

And the girls turn into guys?

No,they turn into lolis

they turn into bimbos

>Ctrl+F
>No Rocket Lawnchair
Let me fix that
youtube.com/watch?v=7ljtZJ9g5zo