The problem with fighting games is that they're unbalanced

The problem with fighting games is that they're unbalanced.

Any PvP game gives both opponents a 50% chance of victory. Individual skill and experience increase the odds towards the best player but they're never an absolute 100%, giving the less experienced player a chance not to fight back but to win.
Meanwhile with fighting games the most experienced player always has a 100% chance of victory, with the other player being unable to even land a single hit.

What can we do to make fighting games balanced so people gets motivated to play them?

Attached: Capture-1.jpg (794x442, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbMllTeLTR0
youtu.be/LfEVcZ3anG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Git good

fuck that, how about we fix chess instead
I mean people can't even win against bots in that game how is it balanced

The problem with fighting games is that you got like 30 characters all with different crazy long inputs for combos. Smash is the only fighting game done right

pick a top tier

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 13K)

They are already balanced. Your complaint is like suggesting professional athletes need to be unlikely (50% is 'unlikely) to win against a new practitioner. That's idiotic.

No lie, the Guinness book of world record listed Sagat from SF2 Turbo as the most overpowered non-boss character in the world, with a 68.9 percent chance of winning if you played as him. So if you ever lost to a sagat player, it’s because the odds were literally against you.

But that's false. Sometimes you can beat better players than you because they are weirded out by your playstyle or they don't know the matchup very well.

And you know that, given a few more rounds, he could make adjustements, but that's were you winquit him

man this is a classic. Now to look at all those people take the bait. These are the same people that get counter hit all the time cause they don't know when something is a setup

If you hop into a game not knowing how to play it against good or professional players you will always lose, no matter what.

You will get completely stomped when you don't know the map, don't know the spawns, don't know the weapons, don't know the fighters etc.

Also fighting games are one on one, you don't just have to learn the game you have to learn who you are playing against and what they want to do or will do with the character they use, in fighting games one player will play a character entirely different from another player, you can win against better players playing sub optimally if they can't read your playstyle.

Do you also want another man to fuck your wife?

FPBP.

>Any PvP game gives both opponents a 50% chance of victory. Individual skill and experience increase the odds towards the best player
What's the problem then? Sounds like you have a bad case of git gud.

Attached: 1554363757704.jpg (280x360, 77K)

Why don't you try learning the game instead of making this bait thread knowing full well that nu-Yea Forums will be gobbling this thread down to it's base like the dumb faggot you are??

because its not a fighting game

fucking sagat pickers

THIS IS PASTA BTW

THIS IS PASTA BTW

THIS IS PASTA BTW

>Any PvP game gives both opponents a 50% chance of victory.

Name literally one of any genre that isn't a mirror match.

Man, haven't seen this shitpost pasta in a while.

Attached: 1533510046026.gif (400x373, 89K)

Is this the Friday fighting games thread?

What are ya all playing currently? UNIST while trying to learn GG Xrd myself.

Attached: 1554745062799.jpg (850x1202, 167K)

Pasta so old it’s new again

THEY SAY THAT ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT WHEN YOU LOOK AT ME AND LOOK AT OP YOU SEE THAT THIS STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE. NORMALLY WHEN YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH SOMEBODY THEY HAVE A 50/50 CHANCE AT WINNING, BUT I’M A GENETIC FREAK AND I’M NOT NORMAL SO YOU HAVE A 25% CHANCE AT BEST AT BEAT ME. NOW YOU THROW IN FIGHTING GAMES IN THE MIX, YOUR CHANCES DRASTIC GO DOWN.

I miss SF4 bros.

what if you made it so anyone could pick any character to make it fair?

Hi professional scrub translator here. Allow me to translate this post.

"The problem is that I am a huge faggot and I don't like to improve myself in any shape or form. When I see people better than me I think its because due to factors outside of effort. Things like genetics (that's what I'm fat btw it's just genetics it's not my fault). This gets me upset and so instead of trying to improve myself I try to bring others down. Also just to make sure to drive the point home I am OP and I am proud to be a faggot and play non fighting games like smash."

Attached: 1554526808016.gif (512x481, 646K)

Mainly play UNIST.
I've been trying to learn BBCF lately.

>Individual skill and experience increase the odds towards the best player but they're never an absolute 100%

They actually are tho. You have a 0% chance of beating a top SFV, Melee, DBFZ, MK, etc player at their game. There is a point of skill gap to which it increases the odds of success for the skilled player to 100%

That's because fighting games are unbalanced enough to allow said situation.

SEÑOR OP

>unbalanced

So you're saying that you could beat SonicFox at DBFZ as long as it as a mirror match using the same characters?

in a lot of fighting games top tier are quite hard to play, that is specially the case in anime fighters.
I.e yun in 3rd strike, his combos and stuff are not all that hard but he's hard to be effective with because of his different gameplan.
c kohaku in melty blood, her bnb combo alone is hard as hell.
in unist Seth and eltnum are really hard to play and are top tier. but that's debatable that they are super good.

>Meanwhile with fighting games the most experienced player always has a 100% chance of victory, with the other player being unable to even land a single hit.
But this should be the case. The game should not have rng shenanigans that fuck up your match after playing perfectly.
what should be fixed is the matchmaking that lets people actually get better at the game by pairing them with players with the same skills. I recently started playing SFV and i keep absolutely shat on by players that are in leagues above mine. it's extremely frustrating going into a match knowing that you will get wrecked.

Let's just say this whole thing isn't bait for a second, because i find the topic somewhat worth talking about.

Making the games easier won't do a fucking thing to get someone who currently has no interest invested, you just end up fucking with the people actually interested.

Every "barrier to entry" you remove just makes less interesting games with lower skill ceilings the die within a year after starting with a small fucking player base to begin with.

>i find the topic somewhat worth talking about.
> i find the topic somewhat worth talking about.

daily reminder that Yea Forums doesn't play fighting games

you don't know what you're talking about

Thread ends right here.

Just UNIST.

Attached: 543B5784-78D9-428F-AA70-5D541ADA286C.jpg (1200x1600, 407K)

If you're black you're basically fucked.

Fighting games also have a 50% chance of victory: you either win or you don't

You know what, FUCK SAGAT
youtube.com/watch?v=cbMllTeLTR0

Unlike real life, black wins in chess the majority of the time.

What is it that unist is blowing up so much? Not that I'm complaining, unist is the first fighting game that I'm playing seriously.

Attached: 70499556_p0.png (825x1100, 69K)

git gud

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

EVO, now people have an excuse to try anime since before it was “no man I don’t play anime because I’m not a pedo”

oh god she's so flat hnnggg

Attached: 1538412818826.jpg (1199x425, 392K)

>this bait thread

O.Sagat mirror or O.Sagat vs Dhalsim is pure kino

It was blowing up well before that though, even last year they had a huge Evo turnout, I think it was the biggest side event.

Attached: _merkava_and_vatista_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_qitoli_29c370567f14e619a03aa31e4ab7961e.jpg (918x1176, 103K)

It's one of the few fighting games that's actively gaining players instead of losing them.

There's really no need to change them drastically. For about a decade developers have made efforts to make fighters more accessible to new players, but it hasn't really brought in larger numbers and pushed its popularity into the likes of FPS or MOBA games. Even in a game with very low-bar execution like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games, an experience player is still going to run all over a new player because he knows how to use things like jutsu and assists to control space and make the new player waste his substitutions so he runs out of escape options. The new player needs to put in a lot of practice to keep up, and that will probably always be the main gatekeeper for new players.

ok, pick an easy top tier. ken is top tier in 3s and easy to learn. can't speak for melty blood but unist has phonon

He is not wrong. It's just this is not a problem of fighting games but the reason why they're dying. They are incredibly frustrating to play sometimes while in battle royale games you win sometimes by sheer luck.

Can't you just start a fg thread normally?

So how do you feel when you lose due to that same sheer luck?

Attached: 1548791805036.jpg (718x540, 236K)

This is fucking retarded. You're literally asking for bowling bumpers for fighting games.

See me in SFV.

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL

in an era were people become more and more intolerable at everything, of course fighting games are going to get complained at, its one of the few genres were the objective is specifically to beat other human opponents who will stop at nothing to beat you, so of course you either, stop playing cause you just dont have the time to become good, or you suck it up and continue playing while trying to learn the game and the oponent.

>Fucking no good scrub who sucks hard at fighting games think he can have an opinion on how to make fighting games better and more balanced
>Waaaah waaaaah it's unfair that people who play more than I do, are more intuitive, have better reflexes, more experience, more dedication, more passion, more genuine love for the game they practice everyday can be better than me!
>I propose that we allow fat fucks in the olympics. To balance thr pools out, Top athletes will be forced to wear 50 kilo vests to give the fat fucks a chance.

I have the solution to balance videogames. Revoke from people like OP their right to an opinion and surgically install a muzzle so they can never open their bitch mouth again.
Cut their limbs also so that they can no longer write anything. Lazy ass no effort faggots like him don't need them anyways.

Fighting games are not dying.

Take it easy, buddy.

what if... Im also a Sagat player? then the odds are 50/50 and it will all boil down to who is actually better

fighting games are now dying just as nintendo has been dying since the 90's

fact is, fighting games have always been niche and will continue to be niche until you have a virtual chess fighting game where everyone has the same exact fighters in their team.

No matter how easy and accessible you make a game for shit players like you, those who practice more will always beat those who practice less. Patience, dedication and experience will always win over fair odds. You can even put a literal win button on the controller and the winner will always be the one who pushes it first, so players will train to be the fastest pushers. Look at Divekick. a literal ONE BUTTON fighting game made as a joke against people like OP and look how you can STILL develop some form of meta for more experienced players to have an advantage.

OP. You will NEVER win against effort. The only games suited for you are gambles. Git gud at coin flipping or buy yourself a #1 trophy and pretend that it is a videogame where you can never lose because you're #1, but for fuck's sake shut the fuck up.

Stop making these threads for attention.

Fighting games are dying because sony killed crossplay. All those fighting game communities separated are hurting badly.

>Your complaint is like suggesting professional athletes need to be unlikely (50% is 'unlikely) to win against a new practitioner. That's idiotic.
except it isnt even a child can land a shot against jordan a bad player will never win against an experienced one and even more so all they see is their character getting constantly staggered while they wait for the KO or FINISH to pop up

>skill shouldn't exist! Everyone should have a 50% chance of winning, no matter what!

fucking stupid.

Attached: 1101130520_600.jpg (437x580, 54K)

why is Yea Forums so bad at fighting games? I'm seriously like the best person by a wide margin whenever people here actually play. I remember those SF4 lobbies and no one had over like 500PP, and these were the ones brave enough to play.

for my old ass, its that they now cater towards the tournament players. you used to be able to do juggles or faceups etc using logic and moves already in game. now, those things that used to be simple, are combos themselves. i also cant gel with the timing of button entry in the newer games. its much slower than it used to be.

See me in SFV.

Fuck off boomer

I said fighting games

Faggots like you that ask why everyone is so bad are literally always dodging. Fuck off shitter.

I can play third strike or hyper fighting or something. I don't own Street fighter V, it's kusoge.

>its much slower than it used to be.
I think this is why games today fuck me up, I am naturally fast which is why I generally like Quake and other fast paced games. But these new fighting games are so fucking slow which is the oddest thing ever since Japan used to be known to make crazy shit. Even the new DMC5 was slow as fuck with it's input. I hope Bayo3 isn't like that.

You shut your fool mouth, zoomturd. If you want a 50/50 chance of winning, you play someone at YOUR skill level. You don't go playing the best in the world, rightly getting your ass kicked and then go "I, like, don't like, care like, if he's better than me?? Like... I should still be able to like win against the best... and like I don't want to have to do anythingggg and junk. Right?"

And then stink off to your slob hole where you stink more and listen white midgets rapping about xanax.

exactly man. im pretty twitchy and i cant slow myself down to get into the button entry groove required.

>plays only garbage games that have 10 active players
>why is everyone so bad

>Any PvP game gives both opponents a 50% chance of victory
*laughs in mobas, Overwatch and literally anything with classes*

>the person with more experience wins
That's the epitome of balance you fucking retard.

Which is fucking stupid, they are basically PUNISHING people for being FASTER. Think about how fucking ass retarded that is.

>Meanwhile with fighting games the most experienced player always has a 100% chance of victory
>It's literally impossible to beat someone better than you.
>It is literally impossible to learn from your opponent and adapt to them
This is completely false. top 8 players drown in pools all the time. Even mashers can win against experienced players, which is why people hate mashers so much.

Attached: 1504589124349.jpg (249x246, 26K)

nice dodge

Obviously, with perfect play, every mirror match will boil down to 5-5. You really think the top Japanese players don't know this? I play at an arcade with Tsujikawa/Chou(SBO winners)/Mame/Uisora/ANG/Himajin/etc... These guys are playing on a completely different level from the rest of Japan (Americans aren't even playing the same game). I can't reiterate this enough, these players are literally Gods of Blazblue, and they each play at least 5 different characters. Everyday the arcade is busy; even if they aren't playing, they're sitting there watching matches and discussing the game. Tonight I'll let them know some netplayer from Illinois disproved everything they've been discussing for months.

I'll try explaining again for you and anyone else who's interested in advanced character analysis- you're saying a 5-5 matchup between two different characters is the same as any mirror match in the game. Japan is saying that for a "normal" mirror match, this holds true- just play your character, and the better player will win. For a difficult mirror (which you say is the same as any other matchup), you need to play very differently and you lose a lot of your tools which make up the foundation of your character- when this happens, luck becomes a much larger factor in the matchup compared to the "normal" 5-5 mirrors. And if you've played fighting games for a while, you know that gimmicky/lucky/dice-roll characters are always ranked lower due to lack of stability. (Fuerte, Satsuki, grapplers in general).

Characters with a bad mirror like Arakune have much less control over the match, are much more likely to get randomed out, and therefor the Japanese take that into consideration when ranking them overall. If you still don't believe me, come to Japan and watch the way the best players counter-pick each other- no one ever counter picks Mame's Ragna with Ragna, but people always lose to Hima Arakune and then counter with Arakune (and win way more than they should).

Attached: 1484531273972.jpg (100x109, 3K)

I own every single fighting that got released in the last 5 years. See me in any of them.

Take your pills, grandpa.

>Meanwhile with fighting games the most experienced player always has a 100% chance of victory, with the other player being unable to even land a single hi-
youtu.be/LfEVcZ3anG0

FSP is not a good player.

>16er
underage

Ah so you don't even play fighting games like I said.

>Meanwhile with fighting games the most experienced player always has a 100% chance of victory, with the other player being unable to even land a single hit.
You literally describe every single sport.

>posturing about muh skill and then dodging
pathetic.

It's because it got into Babytag.

The problem with fighting games is that they reward scrubs you who use meta characters.

It takes no skill to play any top tier. There's nothing flashy or swaggy about playing the same shit everybody else is playing and doing the same boring ass tired ass day 1 combos. If you don't pick the meta characters, you get bodied. You can outplay somebody and still lose because of some SFV bullshit.

I've pretty much blacklisted anybody who I've matched up with using meta characters. You ain't getting no respect from me. Get the fuck outta my chat with that good game shit. You know damn well I beat you.

Attached: ltg.jpg (865x841, 75K)

I only play OG shit because it's the only stuff worth playing

What fighting game should I play right now? I've played SFV in the past year, but I always have bad connections online. I have Tekken 7, but that's 3D and it scares me. Also I'm not interested in Mortal Kombat for whatever reason.

Attached: 1551371030777_1.png (281x395, 23K)

Just play on fightcade

big alive games are SFV, T7 and DBFZ. Soul Calibur has a decent population and is not as dumb as tekken. for stuff like unist you will need to rely on discord matchmaking.

whatever you dodgin pussy, im not even that guy, but how fucking hard is it to say super turbo, kof98 or anything just give a fucking game you coward, mark ass lil bitch

>Any PvP game gives both opponents a 50% chance of victory. Individual skill and experience increase the odds towards the best player but they're never an absolute 100%, giving the less experienced player a chance not to fight back but to win.
plat in starcraft will always, 100% lose to a gm, and that's because of skill. your argument is invalid.

>Play Chess Master.
>He's more experienced than me.
>Wow! WHAT HORSE SHIT! HOW COME THE MORE EXPERIENCED PERSON WON?!

the way he opens the home screen when he gets hit by a game ending super reminds me of that blackface performer who would try and drown out the sounds of other performers receiving applause

I already said 3s or hyper fighting and he said "lol dead games that's why Yea Forums is bad" even though my initial comment was about SF4 lobbies when SF4 was in its prime. I don't own many modern fighting games and those I do i haven't played in many months/years because they aren't very good. Like I own fighter Z and people here thought it was a big deal I got that 530,000 power level trophy during launch week.

imagine thinking that turd strike is better than any modern game

#1 problem with all fighting games is netcode/online play in a game that is about reaction time

The problem is they keep adding new characters and I need to learn tons of new matchups. If I stop playing the game for a while I'm lost coming back until I study them.

You can main the shittiest character in all of fighting but if you can read you will always win.

The problem is 90% of casuals on here flowchart and have no sense of tact.

You also need to know matchups though to help know what you're trying to read. Otherwise you get memed on by stuff you haven't seen before.

Yeah but your typical twitter posting Yea Forumsaggot 17r cant be assed to lab so he wants the game to cater to him.

>even a child can land a shot against jordan
No, not really. The kid and Jordan could run the same set where the kid has the ball and Jordan plays defense for 1000 times and the kid wouldn't score once. The only way I see the kid scoring is if Jordan isn't trying.

Any jivers here? Who do you play?

Playing the king, he's pretty fun.

Attached: 3w4m48ha5d101.png (597x456, 216K)

Fucking braindead morons stick to smash honestly if you're pea brain thinks a combo is one crazy long input. I'm so glad smash ultmate came out so whiny babies who suck ass at videogames can play their input buffer simulator and fuck off from actual fighting games

Absolutely based.

I always find it funny when Yea Forums complains about casuals, and yet they REEEEE super hard at fighting games

Not that guy but a kid would land a shot eventually even if Jordan is trying but that is a false equivalency since a shot is equivalent to being able to hit someone in a fighting game and not winning a game.

banana man of god anti airs

Attached: cr.mp.jpg (418x514, 37K)

>What can we do to make fighting games balanced so people gets motivated to play them?
NOTHING ,fighting games are niche and that is good i dont want any massive esport shit dumbing down them if you are better than you opponents you win if you not you lose , they will remain like that until the end of times idgaf if they are niche as long as they remain the same i will alway have closes communities to play some games the monthly tourneys or some friends at home to play with , if you want "EQUALITY" go to cod , LOL or Dota , you can get carried there here git gud or quit

I know no one here actually plays fighting games, but anyone wanna show me a match of theirs so I can judge you

Attached: GGTASSol.webm (320x240, 1.98M)

Post your own footage first fgt

Based and redpilled. People who complain that fighting games are unfair need to learn how to block overheads.

/thread

Fighting games are just a competition to see who's been the bigger autist and labbing more than the other guy. Total waste of time. You're better off putting that effort into learning real sport because you'll actually develop some real skills along the way.

>into learning real sport because you'll actually develop some real skills along the way
>real skill
Tell me, what skills does handling balls with other sweaty men give one?

Attached: 1534480229804.gif (474x354, 384K)

You learn precisely nothing from watching someone showing off the combos they practice for half their waking lives on your character from 100-0

what game has touch of death combos