Does anyone else find it kind of strange that Playstation characters in Smash get like 10 times more love and effort...

Does anyone else find it kind of strange that Playstation characters in Smash get like 10 times more love and effort put into their movesets/animations/fan service than the iconic characters like Mario, Link and Donkey Kong?

Attached: 250px-Mario_SSBU.png (250x250, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=loF8Q15b2-I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is why doomguy should get in, so sakurai btfo's both the ugly face render from quake champions and those mock up images who only represent him with 2016 stuff and don't do anything interesting with his portrayal
>icon is just the title of the series instead of his own mark or the uac logo

Cloud though.

tbf the old guard are stuck in a bit of a limbo
You can't change them too much otherwise their old players will complain about you changing the character. At least Mario and Link's movesets have been updated over the games, but Dong doesn't really need much tuning up, other than maybe making him move a bit faster because he's actually a speedy bastard in DKC

Sakurai's plan is just committing all the resources to moving forward. He did an excellent job on Ridley, Inkling and K Rool as well

The absolute best thing for Smash 6 is to go back and correct this weird "detail creep". Sonic, Samus, Kirby for example are undercooked and I think pretty out of line with player expectations at this point

Mario should have definitely gotten more Galaxy and Odyssey themed updates over the years

>F-Smash hammer like RPG games
>Side-Special Galaxy Spin, is already a canon reflector and could do it's job better in assisting in recovery as a mini-jump

In Joker's case he comes from one of the most soulful games this decade. It doesn't surprise me at all that they took him so seriously.

At least in Link's case they updated him to reflect BotW, which is definitely welcome since he's changed more than most of Nintendo's tried-and-true.

That side special idea sounds so obvious and it pains me we don't have it.

On average I find third party characters more fun to use.

Putting a huge effort on characters' movesets to make sure they completely represented the way they play in their games wasn't a thing until Brawl.

They didn’t really start paying super close attention to how characters behave until Brawl like this guy says

That said, Ridley, K Rool and Simon are pretty much perfect.

Most of Mario’s Galaxy stuff went into Rosalina and items.

Definitely. Quite funny that the game that came out near Galaxy actually took his spin attack out

>Mario Cyclone will never be Galaxy Spin now
Even some gay little SMG sparkles would do.

They took more liberties with movesets in the first three games. Characters introduced in Smash 4 onward tend to have a lot of mechanics and gimmicks pulled straight from their source games. Earlier fighters mostly keep their old moveset intact besides changing a move or two simply because that's who they are as a Smash fighter. In a way, the game they most represent in their moveset is Super Smash Bros. itself.

But they already have a load of reps, stages, assist trophies, songs, items, and their current games are always incorporated somehow

DK only managed to get his roll from DKC fifteen fucking years after the first Smash game, let alone K. Rool and various other series. Like OP said, it's clear that Smash is more focused on the crossover aspect and its own elements than focusing on the entirety of what made those elements.

Attached: Indulgent.png (1305x264, 33K)

>>F-Smash hammer like RPG games
Would be 100% better than the F smash they have for him now

> Cloud (Final Fantasy) (NES)
> Snake (Metal Gear) (MSX/NES)
> Joker (Megami Tensei) (NES)
Jesus the amount of cope from Snoyggers, imagine thinking any of these franchises are Sony

quality > quantity, nintendo's staple. its why mario needed 1 rpg and final faggotry has 349

The OG and early Smash characters are doomed to stay with their basic ass moves and stuff

They can't change them now because people will bitch about it

>Mario should have definitely gotten more Galaxy and Odyssey themed updates over the years
They can replace the FLUDD for all I care.
Actually a down-B attack based on his ground pound would be cool if they don't want the tornado to come back.

How old are you?
What Playstation characters? Every character in Smash is on a Nintendo console? I dont see Ellie or Nathan Drake, or that Gravity Rush chick or uh, what other characters does Sony have? In the game

god every fucking day my boner gets fucking larger for doomguy to the point where i can probably bench a plate with it alone

>megami tensei
I fucking wish. The ONLY thing. I repeat, the only thing In dlc pack one that has ANYTHING to do with Megami Tensei is Tetrakarn and Makarakarn. Joker is Persona. Dont insult us by lumping in gay shit with SMT.

does anyone else hate Link's new bomb? Is it just me? I don't want to have to worry about detonating it in the middle of a clusterfuck.

Based as fuck SMT chad

I didn’t like it at first, but I got used to it surprisingly fast. It’s the final smash that I hate

And the shitty costumes of course

Mario gets like 20 Mario stages and even characters like Wario, Yoshi and Donkey Kong get their own sub series with additional stages and stuff.

Even PIKMIN of all games gets 1 character, a second character as an alternate costume and 2 stages with tons of spirits.

I want to see Mario getting DP'd by Solid Snake and Ryu

Any tips on giting guder with it? I don't like having to completely abandon a move just because i'm shit

I don't like using it, but I like the gameplay implications it brings and I appreciate the effort to make the different Links more unique.

Not at all, it's call Japanese game development. It's just on a different standard from western development.

>muh 2 songs
Examine Cloud as a fighter and fucking Midgar

It’s badically this. The old veterans were very much made differently, and now they’re kind of stuck with what they had because Sakurai refuses to alienate anyone

I don't like Cloud but he's a good example of how fucked this licensing shit is. You may as well have not added him.

So go Yonk or Toonk

Tried it. Occasionally use young link, but the reach is a big factor for me. as well as the increased weight.

>sonic is THE third party character who has been there the longest and easily the most iconic out of all of them (besides pac-man)
>still has his victory theme ripped straight from sonic 06
>still has two identical specials (side special could easily be changed to the boost to fix this but no)
>only third party with two stages in one game, but they're both visually the same despite sonic having hundreds of interesting locales
>one (ONE!!!) remix since 2008 despite sonic being known for his music, even got cucked out of one of his composers in ultimate
>english voice lines are all taken from other sources because they couldn't be bothered to get roger to record new lines like jason did
Bros...

Attached: modern sonic fans.png (1026x1026, 29K)

Not Sakurai’s fault

Cloud's moveset is great and super accurate, though. Just because he got cucked out of music and a voice actor doesn't mean Cloud himself isn't done well.

Since clones are now official, what characters could be added to be clones of Mario (Luigi aside), DK and so forth, where they clean up the movesets but keep the cores intact?

They also removed the best taunt of the game
youtube.com/watch?v=loF8Q15b2-I

Be glad your series isn’t Final Fantasy at least.

>Dong doesn't really need much tuning up
>No barrels
>No Animal Buddies
>No coconut gun
>No bongos
DK's Smash moveset is fine for a generic gorilla, but that's not what DK is.

It's a compromise between keeping the spirit of the character while also providing the game with basic fighting game archetypes for players to try out I guess. Like Sakurai acknowledging Ike should have sword projectiles going by his games, but doing so would break what they're going for gameplay wise.

I was a big Sonic fan from when I was a kid up until a few years ago, I don't know how you can still muster up the energy to give a shit.

Sonic is a bad character in bad games besides his racing game. The devs made such bad games that the entire point is to try and finish them fast by skipping everything.

Nostalgia is a weird thing.

It's not really a compromise in DK's case, though. He's 100% non-representative in terms of moveset, and he's actually gotten worse over time rather than better (bongo final smash being replaced by just punching the opponent).

Please don’t be so shortsighted. If they had more music people would hardly complain. Everything else is pretty lovingly created for FF

>No bongos

I'm actually glad they got rid of the bongos for his Final Smash as they were bloody awful.

Attached: Konga Beat 2.jpg (200x165, 12K)

Cloud can't jump good though

The only fucked thing about Ridley is his down air or special not bring tail pogo. Other than that he plays exactly what I though he would

Lovingly created for FF7 you mean

I thought it was based on that thing where you repeatedly bash the barrel at the end of a level in DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze.

i want the tornado yeehaw back

>Persona,[Jp. 1] also known as Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, is a video game franchise developed and primarily published by Atlus.[a] Focusing around a series of role-playing video games, Persona is a spin-off from Atlus' Megami Tensei franchise, and was originally based on the high school setting of Shin Megami Tensei If

>Persona is a spin-off from Atlus' Megami Tensei franchise
Persona content IS smt content. It may not be what SMT fans wanted, but Persona is a part of the SMT series.

You're going to play PhD and you'll like it

His side special should be the spin (functionally the same as the cape anyway) and his down special should be the ground pound/roll/air dive combo from Odyssey.

It was inspired by Jungle Beat, but beating up the barrels in Returns and TF is based off of that too so it's basically the same thing