Easily more fun than POE

Easily more fun than POE.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79419
grimtools.com/db/search?query=Forgotten Gods&in_description=1&exact_match=0
youtube.com/watch?v=h3z8DnS_0eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I mean it's pretty safe to say that even diablo is mechanically more fun than poe, that's not where poe's value is.

pretty good game if you suffer from insomnia

I can't stop grinding for legendary sets I'll never use

Why is this gen of ARPGs so shit?

Objectively superior to previous gens.

I like diablo 2, torchlight and PoE more

I'm having so much fun making weird builds and managing to pull them off because of all the item support (chaos damage DW pistol witch hunter with a crazy amount of procs, lifesteal and % on hit doom bolt hits). You can just come up with a really dumb combo and make it work because of all the devotions and conversion items. Also mod support.

Only real big critique I have is the lack of end game compared to other ARPGs. The game is more about getting your build together and pushing crucible/shattered realm progression which is a tad lacking if you only wanna play one character, the game is basically a "gear up new alts and try out new builds" deal.

it's sad that you have to mention PoE to have a grim dawn thread

I'm playing as a acid poison witch hunter
when do I start getting nice legendaries and sets? lvl 75?

What came out after Titan Quest?

Attached: 1547153202079.gif (200x200, 699K)

youve got the skeleton keys and secret bosses on ultimate
grindy endgame is a reality of the genre though, procedural generation isnt a solution either. for every game at some point youre stuck doing the same content on repeat

grim dawn players are the kind of people that complain about map sustain in poe

Nah. It takes way too fucking long to get any of the really fun builds going. It has better minions than PoE though, simply because you have a button that actually orders them to move somewhere or attack something.

I'm pleased that at least in Grim Dawn I can cheat to my heart's content and use trainers!

>plan out character build
>start the game
>use a leveling skill because the main skills of the build don't get good until later on
>get bored because the leveling skills are all the same

>more fun than POE
Not much of an achievement.
Fun game, tho.

Grim Dawn is fun. FUN!
I have 70 mage hunter with two green pistols and 1500ish elemental damage with around 2100k OA and I've hust entered elite. Every other shit just melts when I look at it. Bosses can be a little confusing but wheh things are getting hotter I just pop 3sec absorb shield and start spraying harder with beronath on left mouse button and sacred strike on right one. It feels really good

Attached: e72f874cd43a4f936ca7c9d6f3cb9bfe.png (400x518, 137K)

Where is it then?

yeah we're upward trending, this dude's just cynical D2 player

I enjoys it
>next/final skeleton key dungeon will be a goddamn volcano where the floor is lava judging from the lack of ever entering that volcano map you see in Shattered Realm
that shit is gonna be rough when even the floor is out to kill you

>mfw the "get the 5 shrine buffs in SR" achievement means ALL FIVE AT ONCE
Pain in the fucking ass

>mfw I have no face

Attached: 1460465097253.gif (480x480, 136K)

This game feels slow and clunky compared to POE, also the UI is ugly as sin.

>use the stone to unlock ultimate on a new character
>still have to level on normal because everything takes ages to kill
I guess I can skip elite, at least.

Could always just boost yourself in the crucible

agreed, i cant past the 5 hour mark in path of exile, i already have more han 300 in grimdawn

I just got to the expansion content with my new character, absolutely loving the Oathkeeper. Experimented with my build a bit but settled on shield toss, got turtle shell and light of empyrion devotion skills and I am fucking everything up now.

Would like to try a two hander build with it though and go for dash and blast to see how that works.

Not doing a spin to win build because cmon its boring

Achievements are meaningless user. Don't so something you don't enjoy

Poe is suffering from the devs not carefully planning out content. The funny thing is that the league where they reworked the master system was awesome for that league and it added a great amount of content and replayability, but what they didnt realize was that there is now no more room for content to be added. Synth league shows that perfectly, people just skipped the main mechanic of synth league because the older league's content has too much stuff in it.

content

Doesnt require much... modern PoE is a fucking racecar simulator where you piano your flasks that double or quadruple your offences and defences and proceed to either destroy everything before they can touch you or die instantly to bullshit... not to mention that the item system is essentially in worse state than diablo 3, 98% of uniques are vendor-tier and rares outside jewelry are not worth picking up after first couple days of a league.

Grim Dawn in comparison is relatively finely balanced and actually functional game where you fight monsters and can do interesting builds and the game offers some actual complexity: item combinations, synergies and conversions that offer several approaches to every skill and the devotion tree that is infinitely more meaningful than any character customization system PoE offers.

PoE may be shitty, but it's not Grim Dawn tier shitty

I'm having a ton of fun with a gunslinging purifier, just got to level 64. Made the game a tower defense as I stand on my runes and mow down everything that heads my way.

my biggest complaint is that the game isn't very pretty, a very gritty look to it, but that's by no means a dealbreaker.

takes like an hour to hit 15, 3 to hit 25, after that a build should have enough to be fun while you level
this is a time sink genre, either you like it or you dont

hit crucible until youre 10 and have a few devotion points then level on elite

well you could either stop playing melee classes or stop being a dumbass.
re-spec is practically free, just put points into whatever you want, the game isn't going to bust your balls until ultimate.

Attached: 1518928384795.png (1654x1300, 2.1M)

low fucking bar

cope, sunk-cost fag

>Oathkeeper/Nightblade
I'm gonna make it work goddamn it.

Attached: 3e397c496f7ed0aaaa412bdd32ee5e3f.png (770x565, 676K)

it has support for both pierce and acid damage

poe is for retards. an always-online loot trading game, the mechanics are fucked because of this, but because of their business model they have no other choice. then again people also play diablo 3 so i guess they mostly are just idiots..

Not an argument, Grim Dawn is fucking garbage and got the few simple things a good arpg needs wrong.

>pierce and acid damage
I was going fire damage because right now I can be a dual wielding spin bro

I've been playing a paladin and it's pretty fun. Aura of censure just melts low threat enemies that come near me, put down a fire rune and my seal and just watch the explosions. Currently building up more retaliation damage for a proper thorns build. Really my only issue is poison wrecks me due to low resists and some ranged guys are obnoxious to deal with,but I'm basically unkillable otherwise.

How well would a 1h pistol and shield paladin work? I don't quite get how ranged works in the game, every ranged weapon I see has really low dps compared to melee options.

>the few simple things a good arpg needs
list them please

Grim Dawn and PoE are two totally different games. They serve different varieties of ARPG, so I like both.

Though PoE is always going to be my favorite. But I just started playing a Cyclone Oathbreaker which is pretty awesome.

Can i fully enjoy this game with the pirated version or do i need interaction with others at some point?

>satisfying combat
>good pacing
That's pretty much it, yet GD lacks in both.

you can get everything the game offers in single-player

seethe harder fag lord, not my fault poe is being kept alive by the asian "gaming" community

i like both.

I dunno, all my builds get fun pretty early on. Besides, you can respec whenever, so just use a temp build then respec once you have enough levels to get the build you were planning.

Grim Dawn isn't a multiplayer game. It can be, I guess, but not in an online MMO sense. It's mostly a single player ARPG like Diablo.

>t. played an hour
>comes to shit up the thread instead
yikes, get a hobby

This.

ranged vs melee comes down to what abilities and passives you want, main attacks can be used with either
inquisitor has a lot of ranged passives, oathkeeper has a couple melee abilities, just look through them and decide which you prefer. keep in mind refunding the points is super cheap and you can swap your build between weapon types you pick up

how do i start?

i don't want to waiste time on a useless self-made build, but finding a starter build on forums is a pain. rarely any info on how to progress or videos to get an idea what the build will be like.

I only have the base game. Is it still worth playing or should I just wait for a sale to get the expansions and go all out then? If I simply play through it now would I be missing out on a lot?

What's a good class to combine Necromancer with? I am playing skelly pet necro.

Just go with your heart. It takes a lot to make a build that can't complete the main game on veteran. You can also respec anytime so you can just fix your build if it's not working out.

Assuming you have the Ashes of Malmouth DLC, the easiest early setup is a Deathknight. Soldier/Necromancer combo.
grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79419
There's a section in a Spoiler marked Builds for Beginners.
If you have Forgotten Gods, you'd probably want Soldier/Oathkeeper instead.
There's a compendium being compiled for Forgotten Gods in that forum sub-section currently, but it's unfinished, so it may be a little while.
Death Knight is still really good though and the guide in there, while not comprehensive, covers enough to get you going and covers all the gearing you need early-on.

I know, man, but being stuck at 177/178 may cause an aneurysm, I'm too autistic to let go

Attached: 1456125124978.jpg (479x720, 54K)

Not that guy but, any non meme 2H deathknight builds that are actually fun to play?

occultist. they literally have decrepify

Attached: 1349752483043.gif (752x752, 58K)

>I have no arguments, so I'll make wrong assumptions!
I played the game for like 70+ hours and have a level 97 purifier so I'm fully able to judge whether the game is shitty or not, and yes it is.
>pacing sucks ass, both story wise and leveling wise
>killing mobs doesn't feel satisfying and feels like a chore in late game
>character movement is too slow, even with the new mobility runes since they're just clunky
>multiplayer is almost dead
>tries to blatantly rip off D3 rifts, but fails
>farming end game legendaries/sets is awful due to rng

Occultist/Shaman if you wanna keep doing pets. Soldier if you wanna go for the cookie-cutter aether Death Knight build.

>have a level 97
So you didn't even bother to max out and gear a single character and come over to shit up the thread? Why don't you start a PoE thread and fuck off from this one?

Attached: 1441820157646.jpg (698x904, 86K)

>>multiplayer is almost dead
Huh

Attached: 20190419201823_1.jpg (1215x649, 381K)

lmao get a load of this lucklet

>90% are 1/4
Yeah sure seems alive

is there any other game with endgame like grimdawn?
i fucking love the way reputation works and when you get the nemesis spawns, thats fucking great

>pacing sucks ass, both story wise and leveling wise
Opinion, but arguably true after normal difficulty with first characters when you have no leveling gear
>killing mobs doesn't feel satisfying and feels like a chore in late game
Yes if you have no gear that actually makes your build work in late game
>character movement is too slow, even with the new mobility runes since they're just clunky
Spoken like a spoiled PoE babby who is used to flying through zones. Clunkiness is an unfortunate by-product of using titan quests game engine and if you cant handle it there isnt much you can do about it.
>multiplayer is almost dead
Small problem compared to how bad the netcode is, GD is essentially a singleplayer game
>tries to blatantly rip off D3 rifts, but fails
I dont even know what you are trying to say here or what you are referring to
Its fucking great because the itemization is so varied and interesting, now you can even transmute the remaining pieces so you can complete most sets without playing hundreds of hours.

Also
>crying about farming in ARPG
>ISHYGDDT

>it's a roll a necromancer with 0 control, 100% vulnerability even with max resists and lackluster accompanying pet synergies episode
Just like with titan quest, the devs still like to torture necromancer with their inane game design choices. You'd think they would learn from past mistakes but either someone up there REALLY hates summoners of any kind or is simply incompetent.
I sure love every single boss plastered to a wall that none of my minions will aggro to unless I'm 1cm in his face, ready to soak up every part of their boss dicks that somehow penetrates through resistances. Forgotten Gods eldritch boss final phase was an absolute pleasure cruise for any self-hating hoarder masochist.

Attached: 1530145141732.png (174x329, 76K)

Have a look yourself and untick the "hide full" option

>you have to play a game for 100 hours before you can have an opinion on it

The absolute state of ARPG fags. Take your ritalin.

/whirlybros/ report in

You claim to be FULLY ABLE to judge the game, and you talk about endgame. You haven't gotten to endgame

GD is great. What's with the hamfisted PoE comparisons though? They went down totally different design paths.

Not the person you were replying to.

Pacing has nothing to do with endgame, the story being shitty has nothing to do with endgame. Sayings mobs aren't satisfying to kill has nothing to do with endgame. You can't just write off everyones complaints because they realized they disliked the game BEFORE putting 100 hours into it.

aka the cash shop on their store page.

damn you're stupid

Attached: Capture.jpg (295x83, 7K)

Newest PoE league suck balls and lost 50k players after a week.

I can write off someone's (not everyone's) complaints as it being their opinion

Are you legit fucking braindead, inquisitor trash?
Play the fucking game with minions. Push your braindead button in the picture and watch what happens. Aggro is fucked and has been this way since titan quest.

You can't act like an opinion isn't valid just because they didnt force themselves to continue eating shit. You're actually such a troglodyte it is insane. You're the kind of person who makes a "2k hours, not recommended" steam review.

I was pointing out how he says there's "no endgame" while not having played it. If you feel like the early game is a slog and the mobs later on not satisfying to kill, why are you pouring 70 hours into a game you don't enjoy in the first place?

>tfw you're not a sub-300hr shitter
>tfw you have at least 1000 hours and can easily say Grim Dawn is the best ARPG on the market
Feels good man

Attached: wew.jpg (247x100, 9K)

2H weapons and guns in general are fucking garbage, what were they thinking

Attached: 4a1ee2b33e219e029d3f889869b90331b25901e0b211fd17768f52e5fe77bdb3.png (619x333, 271K)

PoE is probably the best example of f2p what the fuck are you talking about. People like it for its virtual economy and consistently fresh content.

>fresh content
Still doesn't mean that the content is good.

MMOs rotted a lot of brains.

Dude, no. Dont shitpost with disinfo. PoE is suffering from too much content. You can't finish the challenges in the league without poopsocking for a solid month now. Playing every day for an hour all league isn't enough to get 36 challenges.

Because it supposedly gets better. But then you realize it doesn't. Then ADHD kids on Yea Forums say "well you have to MAX a character for the game to start being interesting."

Don't know how anyone enjoys these cookie clicker games anyway. Me click enemy, me see numbers, me get loot. No mechanical skill at all.

someone post a few fun builds (with pictures?) because looking at guides in the forums makes me wanna shoot myself
especially if I need certain gear/sets to even make it work in the first place, shit's really confusing if you don't know about it

I got bored when the crucible was the only thing left to do how did you keep your interest in the game?

Maybe ARPGS are simply not for you? I don't like fighting games and you don't see me going into threads about those to shitpost and tell people how wrong their taste is
Pretty sure we got plenty of people around doing just that, tho

Fair enough. It's gonna take an impressive 4.0 to gain "trust" back. I do think it will be that good though. GGG said they designed it to compete with a Diablo 4, so take from that what you will.

>this stupid retarded faggot again

oh and who here /Chronicon/ ?
also keep your eye on Last Epoch

I've been playing off and on for around 5-6 years now, since Act II was first implemented in beta.

>tfw you were the antagonist all along

Attached: ch'thon.jpg (563x484, 85K)

No one enjoys everything. Their fanbase clearly likes it though.

>go talk to good ol Moggy in the Ugdenbog after kicking Korvaak's ass
>mfw he explains just how badly you fucked up

Attached: 1515355301137.jpg (480x910, 39K)

I like ARPGs until they get repetitive. Most don't have enough mechanical skill to keep my interest.

Nah, faggot. It is not close even if you install density mods and speed up game with cheat engine by fucking 50%...

He's just assblasted that a mortal is fucking up gods left and right.

>I like ARPGs until they get repetitive
Sorry to break the news to you user, but if that's the case, you don't like ARPGs

We just can't win, can we?
>alright you just beat the Loghorrean and ended the chthonian menace
>but while you were fighting in this front, the aetherials were growing even stronger in the east
>okay so you fucked up the Master of Flesh, well done
>btw there's aetherials absolutely fucking everywhere so this is going to take several human generations to clean up
>we don't even know if there's any more on the way
>btw that paladin guy allied with some primal deity made of 100% undistilled rage and hatred for humanity
>good job, you beat it
>but now the witch gods have consolidated their power and free to do as they fucking please

Attached: 1461155540252.jpg (581x542, 71K)

Mogdrogen seems like he's just sort of a hermit who doesn't want to be bothered by all the stupid bullshit and chose to live out innawoods, and now the Witch Gods are gonna come bother him.
At least that bloated fat fuck wendigo The Ravager likely would've never expanded beyond the reaches of the Ugdenbog.

On the bright side, the Witch Gods don't harbor much resentment for humanity. The worst of it is that Solael might come looking for human sacrifices once in a while, but it's better than having you and everyone you've ever known mutated into a giant fortress made of flesh.

They don't entirely realize that the Kraken node isn't enough to make 1 weapon better than 1 and a shield which gives you even more damage AND defense.

>The worst of it is that Solael might come looking for human sacrifices once in a while
Not even that, it can be assumed that Solael only demands sacrifices among his own faithful, in the form of a felled very powerful foe, or by hunting down some manner of legendary beast, so it could even be a good thing to keep shit clean around Cairn

im convinced and am going to give this game a try

going in completely blind and wont use any guides probably but is there anything i must/should know?

>Aetherials
The Aetherial invasion is actually entirely by Aetherial underlings. Based on some bits said by that one Aetherial dude you can rescue and a few other places like some lore snippets related to Aetherial transmissions between each other, if the higher-ups found out, all the Aetherials in the human realm would get purged almost instantly. There's unlikely to be more coming cause at that point, the uppers would start to notice.

>tfw the owner of the company that makes your favorite game is immune to greed

>To answer your other question about us become a bloated mega-corp - probably not anytime soon haha. The other benefit of being a single-owner company is that I'm pretty happy with how things are and I don't feel like I need anymore money, beyond us just continuing to make profits like we are.
>So there isn't much attraction to "blowing up big" for me. I feel like the detraction of having to manage a larger company would greatly outweigh any benefit of moar money at this point.

>We've gotten inquiries by potential investors looking to dump some money on us for some bigger project but that just seems like a headache to me, dealing with investors and suddenly having to schedule milestones and report what we're doing, convince outside people to let us do this or that... no thanks!

>That said, I wouldn't mind growing a bit more, as I do have an interest in working on different games and it's fun to see things progressing and taking shape - ideally at a somewhat faster rate than often is the case with us haha. >Currently we have just enough people to work on our "new game" plus a GD expansion. I think we'll be stretched thin if we start another totally new project. We're actually in a weird spot currently where it would be great to hire another artist to wrap up FG but after that is finished, there would then be a lull before we get the next thing rolling, where we might not have enough work to go around... so it's better to just try to grind through with the team we have for now, then hire later, once future things are in production.

respecs are cheap

Turn on Veteran when you make your first character. It just raises mob count. Have fun and explore and learn. Almost every piece of Gear can have a "Component" and an "Augment." Augments come later, but Components come almost out the gate. They can be useful and you can always get them back if they're an important piece that'll be hard to replace.

pick between arcanist, soldier, shaman, demo as your first class combo, or inquisitor if you have the dlc. there are some wonky combos that arent very good until later or if youre good at the game. These are very safe classes for starters, but also fun and viable.
experiment with abilities and try to find a playstyle you like, even if you keep changing it as you go. Dont even worry about the nuances of character building until high levels, refunding points is cheap and easy

You can break bookshelves/tables/etc. inside houses and they can sometimes drop lore Notes for you to read.

it gets better at every level in 94, trust me

That same guy you rescue in the Fleshworks warns you that the flow of time in the Aetherhold is much slower when compared to the material plane, so it may take months, years or fucking centuries to see any tangible changes

Reading this only makes me angry thinking about the greedy husk GGG became.

And it sounds like Ch'thon is going to wake up and ruin everyone's shit anyway. Even Korvaak say, "Fuck this, I'm not dying in a cage like a dog."

>its the "get bored and roll a new character and have to chug through veteran and elite again" episode

damn this one plays a lot

Attached: 1472170007441.jpg (650x450, 48K)

If only the latest expansion introduced a way to skip all the way to Ultimate, right?

until 94

Did FG implement any interesting inquisitor elemental sets? I'm running an Arcanor mage hunter with a mashup of Iskandra's and Justice and could really use some variety

grimtools.com/db/search?query=Forgotten Gods&in_description=1&exact_match=0

The funny thing is that PoE has actually interesting skills and uniques, while GD mostly has basic nukes/charges and +stat items. Also, PoE has more interesting world/lore and much more charismatic characters.
And yet GD is so much more fun to play, and the story is way more interesting to follow.

Just use that basic fire devotion. EoR has insane procrate and makes it and Guardian's Gaze absolutely amazing.

>PoE has actually interesting skills and uniques
I enjoy poe but come on, don't straight up lie to people to defend the game.

>sets
Festerblaze, Bonemonger, Chillwhisper, and Ludrigan's Pride.
All sets.
All involve Inquisitor in 1 way or another.

Well, I didn't enjoy PoE. But I still must admit, it definitely has its strengths.
Lady Dialla is a 10/10 wife material

>not even a sub-300 hour shitter but a fucking sub-100 hour one.
LMAO

Got bored of it the moment I got two good axe drops that skyrocketed my DPS to the point of trivializing the content.

I've gotten into halfway in maps in poe like 4 times before getting bored at how squishy you are without expensive gear/super min maxed characters with the current league favorite ranged ability.

is grim dawn better in that aspect? where I dont need to use the absolute best option to enjoy myself late game?

Honestly it's not very practical to start in Ultimate, kill time is too high until you get rolling and you end up returning to lower difficulties for devotions anyways.
Still worth popping the Ultimate skip then going through some of Elite though. Lets you skip Hidden Path content which saves an hour in addition to the time saved not doing Veteran. Still think leveling needs to be made a bit faster somehow but 6 hours is probably reasonable time to 94 now.

Does it have PvP?

Attached: 1550367934644.gif (584x433, 1.04M)

poorly implemented and completely unbalanced, but yes

It's in a weird spot due to the expansion. The previous end game can be done by any competent build and there're a metric fuckton of unique playstyles available, much wider than any other ARPG on the market.
The new expansion introduces a new type of end game content that's tuned poorly right now and very little can reliably do it. The Warlord class combination is the god tier and even the devs know it's busted and they're planning to nerf it down the line. It's the most unbalanced the game has ever been in its history, which granted, still isn't terribly bad since everything beneath the Warlord is still decently close together. We're basically waiting to see if they fix this, but Crate has a good track record compared to its counterparts.

cool I liked tq pvp but dream mastery was so broken that it sucked all the fun out of everything

what's a good and fun class combination/skill build to play?

How are we supposed to know what do you like?

They're modifying Shattered Realm a lot with the first post-FG patch.

alright i played it, am a shaman/demo.. it's kinda cool but theres just a lot of things and words i dont really understand

back to apex legends for now

Not sure if serious.

youtube.com/watch?v=h3z8DnS_0eg

my only problem with the story is it takes too long to kill non-trivial enemies. too many beasts.

Most of the time your minions will walk up to the enemy then instantly run back to you without doing anything, either that or you'll step slightly too far away to dodge an attack and they'll teleport back to you

Attached: Disappointing.jpg (480x854, 57K)

The best Pet build is Oathkeeper/Nightblade.

How good is oathkeeper? About to buy FG

they reached this point recently during the last couple years
i'd wait to see what they do with their game now that they're doing good

My buddy is a consolefag. Is PoE on the PS4 good?

Backasswards broken. Fucker is extremely strong and can carry very hard even with no secondary class.
Retaliation stacking via Aegis or Righteous Fervor can carry you hard.

now the worst fucking thing is grimtools telling me there's a shrine i ahvent picked up
so i go there and theres nothing there on any difficulty
i do not have ultimate unlocked

Bad leveling, broken end game. All the best builds right now run one side Oathkeeper and there's an 100% chance that it'll see nerfs in the near future.
Skills are fun as fuck though, power levels aside.

Yes, but it's also not good if that makes any sense.

Its really good for some things. Retaliation buff makes for some powerful builds.
Soldier + Oathkeeper may or may not be OP with Octavius.

Octavius Warlord is literally the strongest build in the game right now.