How could people be excited for animal crossing? It's so slow and childish

How could people be excited for animal crossing? It's so slow and childish

Attached: stardew valley bait image.png (943x920, 208K)

Give a reason to play Stardew Valley when you can play a real HM/RF

AC is just a diferent genre

Stardew is just a garbage version of rune factory/harvest moon.

I've played both, although Stardew Valley is just massively superior and comfy. I think people just have a different connection to Animal Crossing because it has a better art style and this board is full of zoomers

I play both, op is a fag

They're different kinds of games OP.

The left is why people like Animal Crossing more. They can pretend to play a farming sim but much simpler and less tedious.

I wouldn't even consider these two games to be the same genre.

SV has more crops, more items to collect, more tools, more character customization, more romance options, more dialog, a bigger farm, a bigger town, better fishing, better music, etc.

I'm surprised one of you faggots didn't say "You can date and marry the Stardew Valley characters" as a pro, as if relationship options are a must for you lonely people

Animal Crossing: no SJW shit
Stardew Valley: SJW shit

Blue hair doesn't mean SJW

Why would you want to date and marry an animal?

>only driving factor in AC is to fish and collect to get money
>get money to pay off your loan
>upgrade house to fit more furniture
>get money to buy more furniture
>me and friend decide we want money
>start using the turnip stock market
>make Excel spreadsheet paying close attention every day
>in a few weeks we make 8 million each
>game completely lost its meaning for both of us
My autism is too strong to avoid using overpowered mechanics when it's not an exploit. I wish it wasn't in the game at all.

Like flies landing on your favorite food.

Attached: o.png (1442x797, 897K)

>worse graphics

Attached: Switch_RuneFactory4Special_01.jpg (1280x720, 827K)

>I'm a huge retard, please rape my face.

Kek

SV has that horrendous "nu-male dork who grew up on SNES JRPGs and sprites but doesn't actually understand what makes them work" indie game design style so it's an instant pass

Attached: Untitled.png (777x378, 152K)

You do realize that he went into stardew valley with little to no pixel art experience right?

Attached: eric_barone_gq20180319_06.jpg (1600x1068, 340K)

Yes and it shows.

Animal crossing is more comfy

>animal crossing?
Dunno what it is but sounds like some beastiality/furry degeneracy. Reported.

Attached: 1520876745337.png (381x493, 433K)

Animal crossing is a life sim, not a farming sim

?

animal crossing is for relaxing. stardew felt like i was working a job. also it felt like the characters repeated themselves a lot

They both suck, especially Stardew.

Stardew valley tries to do too much. It’s just tedious

What sjw shit?

Any Ancaps out there tired of the grind that both of these games have?

Attached: govorkov-nyet-1954.jpg (400x582, 59K)

why wouldn't you?

and less soul

not wanting shitty weaboo graphics

>stardew felt like i was working a job.
How easily stressed do you get that you find stardew is like having a fucking job?

>super sped up days

AC is relaxing
Stardew is a stressful chore simulator with strict time limits and stamina cap

More soul than any HM/SoS game released in the last decade or so.

Stardew is more comfy so it's better.
>B-BUT MUH DEADLINE
Grandpa showing up to rate your performance at the start of year 3 doesn't mean shit, especially because you can continue playing and drop off a diamond as a offering later and get a new rating. That said I still enjoy both games though.

it was just annoying man i dont know what to tell you. i want to just chill i dont want to manage my stamina and work in ten minute days.

>has no argument so resorts to "muh soul"

>Engaging fish minigame
It's not. Fishing does not need to be more than what Animal Crossing has to offer (Unless they want to go full SEGA Bass Fishing). Fishing has got to be the most boring thing to do in Stardew Valley.
>dialogue
I think New Leaf really needed more dialogue options, but even then talking it villagers is far more enjoyable than talking to the boring people in Stardew Valley. There's nothing interesting to them.
>Good music on both sides
Should be 'better music' on the Animal Crossing side

Yeah, it's a bait image but whatever.

It's really not that bad user. There's no rush for anything, just upgrade your watering can hoe and it'll make shit kuch easier, since it means you can till/water multiple tiles at once and save stamina.

>stamina management
just eat something.

AC isn't a farming sim and it never was. This is like comparing gta to forza because they both have cars.

Oh boy, has the "this thing in this particular niche is better than the Nintendo exclusive vaguely in the same genre" fad extended to Animal Crossing? Is it that time of year already?

Attached: 1339693352303.gif (800x1081, 111K)

>it's another "nintendies go full on shill defence force because someone preferred something to a nintendo game" epsiode

More like
>People who have played both games and realize OP is comparing apples to oranges episode

>OP starts with an image that is clearly making it seem like Animal Crossing sucks
>People come into the thread to refute claims
Wow amazing, those nintendies right

Switchfags love stardew valley, I see people complaining it doesn't have mods everytime I recommend them one.

Haven't played much HM but RF honestly doesn't have much in character development for its characters. (No the generic milf you wish to marry isn't an interesting character) How the hell does SDV somehow have worse in that department?

it wasnt fun i like ac more

Why are you incapable of enjoying different games at different times by the game's own merits? Was it autism? Do you just like sperging out and posting nonsense online more than just enjoying what's in your life? I've noticed that the internet gets worse as internet addiction continues to skyrocket. I pity you kids.

Stardew Valley is based since the kike shop owner is a cuck since his wife fucked the literal wizard on the outskirts of town.

>planting trees important
>enganging fishing
Ebin...

Fair enough, I don't agree but I respect your opinion even if I think it's wrong.
>Was it autism?
Where do you think we are?

I never got why people complained about that since the same thing happens in the early Harvest Moon games, sometimes ending your game at that point.

I wish you could modify season lengths/weather/ and stuff.

It'd be fun to have longer seasons.

Yeah but I can't fuck the milfs so it's shit.

Attached: 1555684003470m.jpg (691x1024, 88K)

>Where do you think we are?
You think Yea Forums was always this retarded?

The funny part is that the earlier versions of the game had better art compared to the final product.

Ever noticed how those similar shitposting thread often pop up around the same time? It's almost like some really autistic guy is behind them.

Imagine if this game had violence added in. Like region wars for territory and you could go to war against neighboring lands for control of expanded farm land. You could expand beyond your farm and fund a standing militia in the town, grow drugs and run a cartel, take over government?

Attached: edgebob.jpg (720x646, 33K)

1. Some of them are fucking adorable and it's easy to find a favorite.
2. It'd be a good way to ensure that your favorite doesn't leave you.
3. Them moving into your house might open up room for another animal to move into your town.
4. People may just like mechanics that allow them to set one NPC apart from all the others.
5. Why the fuck not?

Honestly, these things could be accomplished with just a roommate system, but I'm not going to pretend that my degeneracy is less than what it is after marriage was the first thing I thought of. If marriage ever becomes a thing, I already know who my target will be. (Pic not the animal in question.)

Attached: Bruce.jpg (488x488, 27K)

this gen begs to differ

Attached: file.png (1500x1371, 3.37M)

>Why the fuck not?
Romance does not fit with the slow-paced, easy-going, no-pressure atmosphere
We're already starved for dialogue and I'd rather just have more depth to normal relationships than super shallow passes at romance

>zoomers
If anything, SV fans are the zoomers here, since AC is a series that people were playing for close to 20 years now.

Because I'm a furry. : )

Ancapfag pls

Ahhh yes but a tumblr facsimile of snes era weeaboo graphics is a real improvement.

>Romance does not fit with the slow-paced, easy-going, no-pressure atmosphere
Who says that romance can't be slow-paced, easy going, and no-pressure?

Honestly, I want more influence on where we take our relationships with the animals. You can make friends, but you can't make enemies. Animals can set up meetings with you but you can't set up meetings with them. They can make requests but you can't. Maybe I just want to use that picnic blanket public works project to set up a cozy picnic date with Mitzi in the evening where we can exchange gifts and what I give her and what I say affects our relationship whether in a positive, negative, or neutral way? Is there something wrong with that? Is that more shallow than what we have now?

people like slow and childish things, they dont pressure you and you dont have to exert yourself to get into them.

There is a furry mod for Stardew Valley, but it's kind of ugly.

Attached: file.png (1105x1280, 1.61M)

fox Leah is cute though

Considering RF5 is in development I don't see why would anyone bother with SV anymore.

Stardew Valley is comfier

The soul vs soulless meme is really stupid, but Stardew Valley is the perfect example of soulless. Sure, it has way more gameplay features than AC or most harvest moon games but the town and all the people in it are completely boring and bland. It feels like a harvest moon game as interpreted by a board room committee.

>engaging fishing minigame
That's not how you spell "shit".

All of Stardew Valley was made by a single man who learned to do everything as he was making the game. It was a giant several year passion project. If that's no soul then I have no fucking idea what soul us.

I feel like you'll enjoyed SV less if you naturally min max due to years of conditioning from other GAMES. There just isn't a way to min max at all in AC.

I haven't played SV but Animal Crossing is so fucking boring

>5. Why the fuck not?
Because not everyone is a furry

Because playing the left is when I just want to turn my brain off and enjoy a cozy night with my villagers, and playing the right makes me wish I was just playing Rune Factory. I don't want the mediocre middleground where I'm not only not comfy and relaxed, but also lacking in features and mechanics.

Meme run was also made by a single person and that is anti-soul.

Stardew has shit characters, I couldn't even be bothered to talk to them with their shit dialog and uninteresting personalities.

>rainbow
>includes black and white

stardew valley has a generic, boring artstyle and doesn't have cute animal people

Okay furry.

Animal crossing fundamentally does not want or need any depth in its interactions because the game is not about depth, it's about a comfortable, no-bullshit house simulator with a few frills to unwind with. play rune factory

>play rune factory
You have no idea what I like in Animal Crossing nor am I saying that I need these things to have fun. Fuck off with this, don't tell me what Animal Crossing does or does not need like you're not some rando on the internet, and don't pretend that any franchise is replaceable with another. Why would I want an RPG farming simulator when I'm trying to enjoy a life-simulator with cute animal NPCs?

because animal crossing is not a life simulator
you will never be evicted from your house
you're never hungry
you have no enemies
the rudest anyone is to you may be a passing joke
neighbors come and go with no consequence
everything is relaxed and laid back and having a deeper system for relationships that involves fucking animal friends or even dating them could be interesting if executed well but I firmly believe that the game benefits from improving on quality-of-life features rather than implementing a new set of nuanced dialogue options when we are already starved for just some wholesome content
I don't give a shit what you personally want, that's why I'm saying your ideas for the game are bad and fundamentally misunderstand what most other people enjoy from the game. fuck you

Stardew Valley also has no loss mechanic. There is 0 pressure. You cannot fail, the farm goes on forever and as a result there is realistically only one year of content that loops. Granted there are some specific events/people that only appear after your first year but the game has never felt like it was worth playing for more than a year unless you're a turbo autist.

SV is better than HM/RF

>farm game
>loss mechanic

Attached: 1531276980649.jpg (600x318, 23K)

>because animal crossing is not a life simulator
I don't actually care what Animal Crossing is nor is that important.

>you will never be evicted from your house
Don't care.

>you're never hungry
Don't care.

>you have no enemies
Don't need them.

>the rudest anyone is to you may be a passing joke
Don't care.

>neighbors come and go with no consequence
Don't care.

>everything is relaxed and laid back and having a deeper system for relationships that involves fucking animal friends or even dating them could be interesting if executed well but I firmly believe that the game benefits from improving on quality-of-life features rather than implementing a new set of nuanced dialogue options when we are already starved for just some wholesome content
That's your opinion, which I actually have no problem with.

>I don't give a shit what you personally want, that's why I'm saying your ideas for the game are bad and fundamentally misunderstand what most other people enjoy from the game. fuck you
And you can get fucked with the rustiest spoon in your house. I'm putting forward what I would enjoy in Animal Crossing, not what it actually needs. Not once did I say, "Animal Crossing should have" or anything of the sort, but you just come along and act like a fucking gate-keeper trying to shut down ideas because you don't agree with them. What a fucking prick.

Those two games are just different, one is about farming and the other is about being a fucking retard and waste your time.

Everyday means that more

>pay for dlc vs. free updates
I love story of seasons but naw homie, SV wins by default for that reason alone.

Stardew Valley
>passion project
Animal Crossing
>soulless corporate product

They’re both shit

That is the localization team's fault. The original version had it as a free update. There was enough shit in there that the localization team wanted some cash for it.

OP has clearly never played animal crossing

Rune Factory and nothing more