Will there ever be another big MMO again?

Is the genre officially dead? Or is there still a chance for a new S tier mmo in the future?

Attached: 537462537624.jpg (900x507, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pantheonmmo.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bless 2

maybe in 10 years or whenever people stop clinging onto wow

Looks lame.

Well, I'm kind of excited for Camelot Unchained, Pantheon, and Crowfall, but it's probably going to be a while before any of them are released, and I don't know if any of them will end up big.

I think if one were to come out, it would have to be in a vastly different time. With so many games, movies, and shows to experience, a lot of people don't feel like dumping 100+ hours into a single game just to get to max level followed by 50+ hours of getting decently geared, and that's on the low side of things. What made Everquest and WoW great was the amount of time everyone dedicated to their characters that made them want to keep playing, and I don't think that's something the newer generation gamers are interested in.

Instead, they opt to play MOBAs, shooters, and other online games that let you jump right into the action without the bullshit. Classic will tell us more though.

Genre is dead in the sense that it'll never top WoW in numbers. If you want to make a successful MMO you need to cater to a very specific audience. Most of the major MMO's out right now are faggots who are the prime examples of the sunk cost fallacy. I think a sandbox MMO is the most likely to succeed but unfortunately everyone copies wow so oh well

I hope classic rejuvenates the genre.

So we need inovation?

Innovating costs too much which is why everyone copies WoW and innovates as little as possible. This is why I mention to make a successful MMO you'll need to cater to a niche group but you'll never, ever reach WoW numbers because the golden age of MMO's is over

Lost Ark is my guess for the next big thing. Looks fun and classes look cool but Korea.

>Is the genre officially dead?
No, not even close, it's just faggot boomers like you too obsessed with the past

What was the last big hyped mmo? Wildstar?

No not with those 15 year old ad(h)d kids nowadays

Destiny

>wahhhhhh muh console
No longer an argument
>wahhhhhh muh Activision
Now owned solely by Bungie
>wahhhhhh it’s a shooter
git gud

>Lost Ark
yeah I remember that from 10 years ago...

If you can manga to attract the Chinese and western market then you're good. The Chinese market is easy because those mindless ants will play anything involving Chinese influence.

also not an MMO

you sound mentally ill having an argument with yourself

Destiny is not an MMO you fucking retard

I don't think any MMO will ever surpass WoW numbers in its prime. There are too many options now and people are all to familiar with the genre/formula.

WoW had millions of normies who didn't even play games checking it out to see what the fuss was and getting hooked. For the majority of players it was also their first MMO and they had no idea or concept of things like endgame, they just enjoyed the journey.

Nowadays when any MMO comes out it's just a mad dash to max level so people can grind whatever limited endgame theres is and burn out in a month because they're out of stuff to do. Devs know this and that's why the leveling process is usually shit. Its designed with little love or attention knowing that people are going to skip over it as fast as possible.

What is it then?

a co-op RPG

but we are

Attached: goinghome.png (1445x1200, 313K)

Probably not. WoW was a cultural phenomena, literally everyone played it.

What made MMO's great was the mysteries behind it. You went out and explored. During the early 2000's, not everything was documented as it is now. There are no more secrets or hidden things in MMO's. Everything is already known and that results to everyone trying to meta slave as hard as possible. Gone are the days where you played for fun and try to discover something. That feeling of playing a class or spec you enjoy can now be ruining by some cockgobbler who complains and shits everywhere because that class or spec isn't a 'high tier.'

I hate the idea of classic WoW. It will keep the genre in the past for another 5 years before something worthwhile might show up again.

I still can't believe it

basically this, but with the extension of how proliferate social media is. It's now so easy, accessible and 'normal' to form connections online that meeting/forming bonds is no longer a novelty or interesting thing. People have access to so many people online that there's little incentive to actually form connections in game.

Im looking forward to Pantheon. It's still a long way off and it might still turn up shit, but the world seems interesting and playing a mermaid sounds like fun even if its just for couple of months.

Another will eventually revitalize them, but it won't be any time soon. It will probably be a smaller studio trying something new/different. Probably similar to EVE really.

As soon as the payment model goes back to month to month with absolutely no microtransaction. But what corporation is going to skip that much free money? Maybe one of these early access mmos on steam that are made by like 20 people will be the Herald of a new era.

But knowing the industry, the corporations will consume it whole and it will be shit within a few years.

>It's now so easy, accessible and 'normal' to form connections online that meeting/forming bonds is no longer a novelty or interesting thing.
That's actually a good point. The community no longer exists inside the game. It's on discord, twitter, and/or facebook.

Well, apparently a bunch of MMO devs are pretty burned out on the whole "group finder" thing for turning dungeons and even raids into five-minute carnival rides with complete strangers that break silence only to bitch at each other for taking two seconds longer than Standard Clear Time.

I think the next truly big mmo that gets pretty much everyone playing will be either an augmented or (more advanced) virtual reality game.

Something like Pokemon GO but an actual game and completely overlaying the real world through augmented glasses/lenses, or a high quality virtual reality version that doesn't have all the drawbacks the tech currently has.

Until then it's just interim mmo's i think.

>Bless

Didn't think a word could trigger me until now. Huh.

It will be shit unless we get SAO tier tech.

mmos have been dead for many years. they've all been repurposed into rpgs with matchmaking multiplayer features like instanced content with a press of a button.

What's the deal with that game, anyway? It looks interesting enough, but apparently everyone hates it.

As you really ready for those kinds of glopping sounds, user?

Yes, imagine...

>localizing bless online was literally a scam to further fund the actual total revamp they had been developing in secret for at least a year
>It's xbone exclusive
>the bless pc team has already been dissolved and folded back into neowiz

Attached: BlessUnleashed_OpenGraph_1200x630.jpg (1200x630, 631K)

Just like vanilla WoW, we only need a few years of good game and then it's all worth it. The EA merger with WoW was the same situation.

WoW has soured the entire market by continuing to exist long past its expiration of an MMO game.

VR is a meme, the only thing holding back MMORPGs is they focus too much on arbitrary systems and not on being an immersive group based game.

You don't go on quests in MMOs anymore for example, you instead follow a series of dots on your UI killing every marked entity to fill out a checklist to fill a bar to max so you get another level or some cosmetic reward like a pet or mount.

Only true MMO on the market right now is EVE online, because being spreadsheets online in a setting where the game is one megacorp capitalist wankfest is more immersive then killing the same boss every week to raise your ilvl so you do 1010 DPS instead of 1000 after a month.

The genre is dead because it always only had one thing going for it: socialization.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those retards that believes older MMOs were designed to be more social than they are now, at least not in any major way. (Yeah, dungeon finders certainly don't help but that's not the main problem)

The issue is, MMOs were always shit. The grind was always awful, the combat was braindead and awful, exploration was better for one reason I'm just about to come to.

The one, singular reason MMOs never hit it big anymore (at least, traditional MMOs) is that socialization became the norm. It's easy now. You've got Twitch, you've got Discord, Reddit, Youtube, and a million other resources and websites, to the point that the idea of playing a game with thousands of other people at the same time is no longer particularly interesting. Much as people pray and clamor for more socialization in MMOs, if it's forced, they'll hate it. If it's not forced, they'll say nobody talks anymore.

Too much information ruined everything. Everything is datamined, all secrets are known within hours of release, meta builds are found and published and become the norm, removing any thought or creativity in playing the games. It's just a grind. That's literally all MMOs are now, a grind to get to endgame so... You can grind some more.

We're not kids anymore and MMOs aren't new. The prospect of talking to someone across the world all night in guild chat is no longer appealing. Grinding to endgame is no longer seen as a feat or fun. You're an adult. You need more.

And sadly, traditional MMOs don't deliver that. They're still going by the ancient formula of vertical progression with no real reward. People wised up to it and it's just not fun anymore.

So no, a traditional MMO will never be big again. If anything similar is going to be big, it'll be something like Archeage, a game that brings new things to the table.

Attached: 1500645362933.jpg (700x500, 155K)

Didn't EVE get purchased by Epic? Pretty sure that shit is in a nosedive from here on out.

Here's a short history
>bless going into open beta for kr
>ru gets it
>ru sends it back cause wow it's pretty bad
>kr bless fails
>announce project rebuild to try and fix the game's problems
>makes some good changes
>jp gets it
>pretty soon, jp become the main build
>non kr or jp people start taking notice
>western version announced. people get hype cause jp build is decent and there's nothing else mmo related on the horizon
>they make changes for the western release. the game is now shit. no optimization whatsoever either.
tl;dr
people were looking forward to getting jp bless. they didn't get jp bless.

Attached: 1527221671906.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

EVE got bought by pearl abyss of black desert fame.

The grind was not shit. You don't even notice the grind when you have infinity things to do together with thousands of people. Maplestory and Ragnarok were grindy but Noone cared because it was just more time to group with people, find more loot and see/meet more people out in the world.

Nah, some wank korean shit MMO company, the subs have tanked in the past year or so, but that is mostly due to them not doing anything about people suicide ganking everything without penalty.

The worlds aren't fun to explore if you can solo wololo your way through them AOE cleaving

oh, and if you care for an epilogue
>months later
>bless unleashed announced
>it's an xbone only version of bless
>everything is different from lore to combat. the only things that are shared is the game map, supposedly.

Isn't the lack of accountability supposed to be part of the game's appeal? You can do as you please, and the only person who can say otherwise is the dude who blows the shit out of you and steals all your stuff.

The only problem with MMORPGs right now is people keep making ARPGs and calling them MMORPGs.

Also WOW for turning MMOs into repetitive boss farming and MOBA PVP.

Attached: boredlink.jpg (184x184, 8K)

What did they change for the western release that made it so terrible?

True but remember that feeling of not being able to go certain places alone because it was suicide? Older games had that as a main feature. These days 300% walking speed and flying make discovery simple solo, and over in an instant.

The evolution of MMO is Gacha, just let it go guys

Attached: womby.png (523x389, 271K)

Cash shop funnels and removed endgame content.

>you don't even notice the grind
That's my point. It was shit, you just didn't care or notice, because like I said, you were meeting new people and hanging out and discovering the world.

You won't do that in 2019, no matter the game.

That sucks. Why'd they do that?

Yes, but suicide ganking is fucking retarded.

Imagine if you logged into any other MMO, and you go to the city which has a billion guards running around and someone comes along naked with a high level dagger and stabs you to death and you die before dying to the guards, and then that player is free to just respawn right then and there and do it again with no repercussions.

Accountability is the problem though, suicide ganking doesn't have any drawbacks in EVE right now, in fact with fucking security tags you don't even lose security status in any meaningful way, and even if you were -10 security you can still dock in stations and concord doesn't do jack

It's simple to just say "for the money" bit that game was hyped to duck and had a huge player base from day one. Then people started finding out about all the cut content, the shitstorm started and literally everyone quit.

They changed the combat form standard hotbar stuff to skill chain based. For example, you use x skill, now you can use skill y or z. Sounds alright on paper, but they didn't rework how the skills interacted with each other, they just tweaked numbers. So you had stuff like heals and stuns that you'd want to have access to immediately buried in skill chains. Not to mention the new system didn't work with healing.
Then, because the combat was basically rebalanced, all the content had to be rebalanced. This resulted in the western version releasing with no max lvl content.

You'd think by now I'd finally have that dream Pirate/Airship MMORPG focusing on exploring islands/flying islands/caves/whatever and having a ship means people can come on it to go to their next destination/fight other ships/ect

Fuck. The only difference now is that i have money to cough up for my dream game

Attached: 1513903736396.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

big MMO? probably not
but I really expect and hope pantheon to be the next "real" mmorpg (and probably the only one worth playing besides classic)

Look forward to a:ir :^)

Attached: ascent-infinite-realm-preview.jpg (1920x1200, 730K)

>pantheon
What is this?

No company has the money or talent to produce such a game in a post farmville world.

Waiting for Camelot Unchained but the development seems slow as fuck

How lame. TERA let you chain skills, but you could still use a specific one without going through a six-command combo first.

the real sequel to everquest

Oh ok so it will never be released like EQ next

It's something some former SOE guys are working on.
pantheonmmo.com/

Thanks user. Hopefully this will be good

probably, yeah

Ffxiv could be a massive hit if they gave it a proper budget.
They still haven't expanded the job system.

XIV is way too safe and predictable to be a hit.
It's also massively weeb, which puts off almost as many people as it brings in.

Man I want this to be good but the lack of money troubles me. These projects always seem to end up dying. Maybe one day one of you fags here win a powerball lottery and fund a game project like this.

I want to believe but mcquaid monkey paw.. etc etc

And when they do, the project becomes Star Citizen.

Funding isn't the issue. Crowdfunding creates more problem than it solves.

What's happening with that, anyhow?

Biggest problem I have is the paid beta shit they have going on

Thats a huge red flag that the game is going to be nothing more then a cash grab to abuse the vacuum of true MMOs.

Camelot Unchained is looking pretty cool. It's having a stress test today with players fighting over a destroyable keep with 1000+ NPCs also participating at once.

Same old shit, they're working on the engine and spoonfeeding content into what little game world is playable on the beta.

No. Any studio that wants to create an MMO has to compete against WoW's history. It's nearly impossible. A majority of WoW's population are people who have heavily invested their lives and money into the game. They will never leave and they set an extremely strong foundation. Its not worth making an MMO anymore because of WoW.

Attached: addicted.jpg (620x350, 78K)

Wait for VR MMO.
It's actually only chance to revive this genre.
Yes, at first VR MMO will be shit(like first MMO were), but later it will be good.

2025 release date soon brothers!

God I hope it ends up good

Say what you like about the style changes, but I actually really wanted to play that.

Attached: 1295659.jpg (320x229, 33K)

Except the best MMOs came out first and only got worse over time.

This actually looks interesting. Especially since they say their aim is to bring back things which were lost to MMO's ever since WoW got big.

Ultima wasn't first.
First ones are text MMOs.

Nope, they're not coming back, everything they provide is done better elsewhere.
>time in = time out
That gameplay loop has been supplanted by loot shooters and idle games
>socialization
Social media sites do this better, or you can just go on Omegle or whatever. Dicksword servers.
>PvP
Every game has online multiplayer now. the only time I ever enjoyed an MMO was playing GW2 and MS with a tranny I was fucking, but I would have preferred playing literally anything else, my enjoyment of the genre has nothing to do with the actual games.

Unfortunately it's gonna be the same grindy "All flash, no substance" pseudo-action mmo shite we've seen countless times from koreans.

I've been trying to get into FF14 because that what my friends are playing but jesus christ it's so slow I feel like I'm going to fall into a coma when I play it. Shit is so dumb to: teleport to x zone and talk to someone, k now teleport to another zone and talk to another person, k now teleport here and talk to someone, alright fight 1 mob that an npc appears to help with because they made the mob way beyond your powerlevel but the npc means you can't die so enjoy this artificially inflated five minute fight.
The worst part is everyone has a link shell (discount cell phone) in game to talk to one another over long distances but they won't use it. Gotta go talk to them in person, then the person talks to the person you originally talked to via linkshell. like fuck off.

The shift from MUD to MMO was more drastic then a shift from MMO to VR MMOs would be.

Fuck VR is just an interface, there was more technological advancement with EVE and vanilla WOW's uninstanced open worlds then there would be adding a VR gimmick to a game.

>ganker
fucking niggers
GANKING = GANG KILLING
GANKER = GANG KILLER

Yeah, a lot of people are hoping it keeps to that and does well. Still, it's probably going to be years before anything comes of it, good or bad, so I'm not getting that worked up about it yet.

Attached: 1549041294400.png (872x46, 44K)

Simply put, no. The gaming audience has expanded to the normies, and the elements that make an MMO good are considered to be bad by normies. Vanilla had the perfect recipe by the end of its development cycle; the bulk of playtime was leveling up and then raiding was a hard entry but relatively simple process. It made the world feel large. It made the player character feel like a single piece of something greater. There was literally nothing special about your character until you accomplished something worthwhile, and it took time and effort to reach those goals.

Now everything is instant gratification for rewards that don't matter. Leveling up can be bought. Raiding can be done the moment you hit the level cap. "Epic" gear is free. Any normie starting WoW for the first time tomorrow can call themselves an endgame raider within a month. The entire philosophy that drives an MMO community to be a community has been drowned in shit.

Blizzard, the hack fraud sacks of shit that they've become, thinks that overloading encounters with mechanics and then sequestering that content away for the .0001% of players still interested in an MMO journey to finishing the endgame somehow fixes that the rest of the game has been turned into a single player experience. It's depressing to think about it, but watching WoW die means the end of MMOs as a whole; because for the past over a decade every MMO has been held to WoW's standard. The genre is fucked.

mmo drifters have already written it off because it's not action combat like the bdo they love to suck off so much. And also the shit framerate, but at least that looks like it's improving.

As someone that played Runescape in 2006 with RuneHQ open at all times I think people over exaggerate the effect wikis and datamining had.

The social aspect though is actually an interesting point I don't see brought up much. I hadn't really thought about how novel the idea of simply talking to people in a video game was back then, and with how many other ways we have to do that now it makes MMOs so much less interesting.

It's definitely a game that takes its sweet time, I will say that. It gets busier when you get to higher levels, but in the meantime, you're looking at more of the same slow burn.

I kinda looked forward to this game. Its a damn shame that sony decided to basically pull SOE and focus primary on playstation/PSN. This probably would of been -the- WoW killer since it was and MMO with built in minecraft and everything except major cities was randomly generated.

Same as it's always been. A hundred new ships were released, and little to no progress on big gameplay systems.

the only good one out of the bunch

crowfall will be another mmo with meme gimmick mechanic and camelot unchained tries to be minecraft with its bullshit 10 years after minecraft was a thing.

McQuaid and team are the only ones that wanna make a legit no-bullshit-mmorpg, which is apparently a daring idea these days.

Attached: pantheon-in-game-screen-33.jpg (1920x1080, 382K)

ArchAge Genesis.

I really fucking hope it doesn't flop

Nope, every MMO that comes out needs to have some kind of gimmick and they revolve their game around that gimmick, rather then making a cohesive, shared world for players to engage.

At this point in time I feel something like Monster Hunter World is effectively most everything I ever wanted from an MMO without actually being an MMO.

If it were an MMO all the weapons would be classes that you can't change.
You'd need a tank and a healer.
Every fight would be like Kulve Terroth and after you win everyone would roll on the loot.
If the healer or tank go down the run is effectively scrubbed and you'd have to start the whole fucking fight over.
The layered armors and armor colors would be cash-shop items.
There would be lockouts on fights.
You'd have to join a guild to get anywhere in endgame.
They'd be full of the usual spazmatic control freaks and drama queens.

MMO are effectively dead and this is a good thing.

Attached: 1549343250374.png (564x542, 108K)

The only way i see is a CDPR MMO, Cyberpunk for example.

Isn't CUBE just the Camelot team trying to test the way buildings work in their engine so they can make things destructible and such?

Kinda looking forward to AI:R. I don't mind korean MMOs and it's from the same devs who made Tera which I enjoyed.

And so do I but realistically speaking, to pay your devs a salary you gotta compete with the big guns in the market. Even if you don't wanna or think you don't have to. And those big guns are fortnite and apex and a whole lot of other shit that got popular in the meantime.

I wish they could just go and give people a regular MMORPG and its financially successful to a point where they can keep it going, but my suspicion is that their user base will be too small so they have to branch out for extra monetization. SotA did that whole custom housing horseshit and the game is barely functioning.

Whatever it is, their architecture looks like blocky shit thanks to it.

im hoping vr mmos can revive the genre especially when this badboy is on the horizon

Attached: nostos.jpg (1024x630, 106K)

But WoW peaked before the dungeon finder.

>vr
>saving anything

VR's been in retail stores how long now? 3-4 years? And we've yet to get a single game worth playing beyond casual shit like beat saber, which, by the way, we already had the tech for in over ten years.

We're decades from VR producing *actual* videogames and not just minigames.

Yes, exactly. The end of WotLK was the cancer first setting in, now it's terminal.

If WoW goes f2p everyone will play it.

The thing is, it is not only wow-like MMOs that don't exist anymore. Personally I am a sucker for retarded f2p Korean grindfests like KalOnline and Flyff but nowadays f2p games are riddled with stupid overly complicated game mechanics that add no depth or enjoyment but clutter the fucking UI.
Give me a character with an AoE attack, give me a spot with fast respawns and a 0.000001% chance of dropping something really valuable and I am happy.

Like those cards from Ragnarok?

all any new MMO has to do now is keep all the SJWs out, to eat Blizzard's lunch and become the new MMO champion

but they can't

Attached: Screenshot_20190208-151825_Chrome.jpg (720x909, 422K)

lost ark is the game for you. Too bad it'll never come to the west.

Yeah, for a month, just like every game that comes out nowadays. Then everyone will jump ship to the new hip MOBA that will undoubtedly come out.

>banning one of the ten players that actually plays f76
lmao

all the people who think WoW was good will need to die first

They said it "wasn't fun" but seriously, dropping it to focus on H1Z1 of all things?

Man if potato loli in reception and Minfilia's ass cleavage weren't so sweet I'd never have gone back. Just fucking call me on the linkshell you sexy cunt.

Fuck no. All of that was wrong.

zombie games were the pubg of the time. Daybreak also had NO fucking clue what they were doing when they got the games acquisition. The daily vlogs were just a bunch of people - zero investment and ideology in the EQ world, I mean fucking seriously a dark elf city outside of a cave? or the barbarian city not all comfy and spaced up on a mountain peak? I knew it was the beginning of the end when I saw that shit. Theres a reason they outsourced most the building to hardcore players in the minecraft demo.

I thought the whole "social aspect" anons kept saying was missing from modern mmos was just a dumb meme like the soul vs soulless. That was until I looked back at the last two mmos I've played (gw2 and albion online) and realized the only reason why I even play those games was because I got invited to a guild and enjoyed the interaction. I actually dropped gw2 a couple times until I got a random invite froma guild and I've only been playing albion for a week but if it wasnt for that random invite I got after entering a noob zone I wouldve quite.

Also discord is unironically the best thing to happen to mmos. Talking via voice comms with players is much better than typing in chat especially in games with a shit tier/spam heavy global chat.

Attached: 7795A803-DE52-4924-8D67-EAD69D8B034D-5493-00000AA800FAE55B.jpg (786x1017, 206K)

Post the one where AV gets healed to full health.

lol no just no

MOBA has been dead since battle royale games became a thing. Andn ot battle royale is being replaced by mobile gacha.

2019 will be the return of 2007.
I'm ready to go.

Don't fuck with me. Is CoH coming back?

It was rather astonishing to hear that there's been a private server going for like seven years, and this is the first anyone heard of it.

In a way. Apparently someone's had the source code for ages, and they've finally released it to the public. Private CoH servers will probably be popping up soon.

God bless Trump. Best timeline.

Think there's still threads up discussing it if you want the full story. Last I heard, they're working on getting the mission data sorted.

>WoW turns into shit
>boy I can't wait for another MMO to come out like good old WoW classic or Lineage 2, I bet it's going to be amazing
>15 years later and every company has just tried to copy the most recent iteration of WoW
>the only thing to kill WoW is a re-release of the original WoW

Attached: dungeons.jpg (876x496, 283K)

>Fallout 76 was bad because of SJWs
That's a take I haven't heard yet. It's also fucking stupid.

XIV is a massive hit what are these batshit insane standards you guys have?

It's got plenty of reason to be bad besides politics, really.

I hate when people crop porn, so fucking hard to find source this way /:

With a proper budget, XIV would become so successful that it would end all war on earth, and the world governments' military budgets could then be directed to creating catgirls.

I dont want MMOs I want coop RPGs. THe different being that in MMOs the combat MUST be absolute shite revolving around hotkey skills, there is no way of getting around accounting for all those people in different places in different parts of the game world otherwise, its so restrictive.. I want instanced based multiplayer RPGs, because thats all anyone works towards in MMOS anyway, to get to the point where they can make parties and do raids/dungeons etc so just make hte whole game about that, look at Warframe and just make that into a fantasy setting where each suit is an RPG class with its own gameplay and skills then you can equip whatever and customize how you see fit, you pick from different types of missions in different zones for different rewards, thats it.

Noone cares about the levelling stage of MMOs anymore so just surmount it entirely, at this point no matter what you do people will always just want to race to max level so they can start grinding for gear that matters and play the content that actually requires players work together properly.

>every expac will be released eventually as a "classic"
>blizzard creates a time loop cash cow for all eternity

The only reason WoW became big was because of the RTS games and its continuity. WoW started dropping subs after WotLK becase we finally beat the final boss of Warcraft 3.

Warcraft 4, when?

Until the genre moves back away from F2P models it is going to remain stagnant. Designing game systems around monetization is probably the number one thing that pushes me away from otherwise great games. There was a lot to like about Black Desert, for example, but so much of that game is built around making things tedious in order to sell you tiny little bonuses that will alleviate those inefficiencies. If I am going to commit to GaaS model, I'd rather just pay a flat subscription than be nickel and dimed at every turn in order to get continuous content streams. I can't believe I am stanning for the subscription model, but here I am.

Attached: 1551577522518.png (431x466, 265K)

Doesn't Everquest have servers that run on timed loops of content "releases"?

How so?