I think it's peak Souls

I think it's peak Souls

Attached: 91LuqSnpvjL._SL1500_.jpg (1305x1500, 328K)

i think you're a piece of shit

We are all on the same alt-right image board

It didn't grab me like the first game did, I only put 30mins into the second game lol

I think you're wrong.

Attached: [hanna barbera running sound].webm (896x504, 2.91M)

What's wrong? That's just the way they walk

While I think it played fine you can not tell me you didn't think the first 20 minutes of playing through the lighting downgrade felt right. Also
>elevator up into lava-world
It had b-squad all over it. If that's you're thing then you have shit taste, and that's Ok user

Attached: _.jpg (493x552, 50K)

debating on buying a souls title. havent played one since the switch to pc. probably gonna get ds3 deluxe

Good.

More like heathen peak

>ranged

Attached: 1553953791513.jpg (672x786, 57K)

Why wouldn't you just start at the first game? It's not like they are so old that they are unplayable.

Haters absolutely btfo

Attached: earthen_peak___iron_keep__transition_by_vempirick_db4dvm7-pre.jpg (894x894, 88K)

I like DS2 a lot, but it's definitely a shoddy game in that it just feels like it's barely finished and lacking any real polish. I appreciate it for the stuff it did that was new and how it tried to be a little bit different, and probably prefer it over DS3 which just didn't try anything new and relied on DS1 nostalgia in favour of its own ideas.

It's still not better than Bloodborne, DS1 or Sekiro though.

>Forgetting that the lava map is atop of the windmill, not sideways
DS2 tards btfo

based
cringe

i played some of ds and 5 minutes of ds2. ds3/demon souls the furthest ive gotten. and i hated bloodbornes setting so lost interest quick

Attached: comparison.jpg (1911x2146, 748K)

>ugly levels
>ugly animations
>ugly enemies
it's the worst souls and Idgaf who worked on it

>peak Souls

Attached: dark souls 2 is fai-.webm (1280x720, 2.66M)

fuck, you sound retarded. have fun with das3 though, even if it's one of the weakest soulsborne games

BUT EVEN THEN IT'S BETTER THAN 122.53% OF ALL AAAA GAMES RELEASED IN THE LAST 63 MONTHS ON A RAINY SATURDAY EVENING WHILE I HAD TO DILATE AGAIN.

I think you don't like video games.

victorian england is a shit setting. blops4 has a more interesting setting

Daily reminder that SotFS fixed 99% of vanillas issues and the game is objectively top 3 Soulsborne material now.
The people still shitting on this game are literal ADHD ridden zoomer shitters who are too retarded to appreciate its tactical combat or deep RPG mechanics and instead just want to play R1 mashing simulator instead (see: DS3, Sekiro)

Attached: eaff8171edfd4ef701b008a12ed51da8854b0338e3ed488eba021d8d8fa81553.jpg (907x718, 49K)

>peak souls
more like SOULLESS

shame that they fucking broke deadzones on controllers and even with that durazno fix the camera deadzone is fucking terrible

no idea how they managed that

Wrongest post on this board

>Adaptability
>tactical or "deep"

t. shitters

>not using Lloyd talisman or toxic mist
That's his problem

>stats in an RPG
Back to fortnite, kid

I think it's peak From

Attached: c0a87da2f6cf11eac46236d6d80b6406.jpg (1200x1691, 474K)

It's such a repulsive looking game

SotFS didn't fix shit and even worsened some problems such as enemy placement

Go fuck yourself

It looks like someone took King's Field Ancient City and just increased the resolution

>OP the contrarian faggot back at it again with the daily ds2 shitpost
its literally everything bad about ds with all the good things taken out or reworked, if you liked getting baited by 2vs1 "dudes in armor" enemies every corner you turned then have fun

>Stats that make your reflexes to dodge hits in a real time action game matter less unless you pay up goyim on the stat, is a good thing

>shit world design
>shit level design
>shit enemy design
>dumb shit like soul memory and adaptability
But hey you can powerstance rapiers

DSII is a pile of shit and massive letdown

The first game was rushed but the first half was superb. DSII is shit from Things Betwixt to the Throne of Want

Attached: Dark-Souls-II-CrowbCat-Downgrade-Header.png (800x448, 743K)

There is nothing tactical about DS2. All it did was slow down the pace of combat immensely for the express purpose of frustrating the player.

>slow down

it's not slower than ds1 and still miles better than ds3's infinite stamina r1spam enemies

I'm not even the same guy, I just found it funny.

Also I had to talk about this game because I forced myself into an agape run and boy was that shit frustrating and nerve racking. But now it's over and I'm invading noobs and killing them as easy as bugs. Thanks for being my companion throughout this journey.

This was patched out

This post hit the right spot

not true, still happened to me a few weeks ago

Dark Souls 2 is better than Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 3 and Demon's Souls. It's on par with Bloodborne and if you can't see that then you're a cookie cutter and should eat crow.

t. played all of them

Attached: 1545858925897.jpg (1011x708, 192K)

Attached: dumb animal.jpg (442x500, 8K)

It hasn't happened to me once on my 10+ playthroughs of the game.

guyse ds2 is literally THE ONLY PLAYABLE VIDEOGAY! LOOK AT ME IM A CONTRARIAN I NEED ATTENTION

Nice strawman faggot

Could you possibly use anymore buzzwords, you braindead faggot?

The only people who like DS2 are contrarians, user.

meanwhile unironically saying that ds2 is the best soulsborne is completely ok, get a grip you hypocritical fage nabler

>wahh I can't comprehend why you like a game I don't like! you must be a contrarian!

It is though, and the hilarious thing about it is that it wasn't even directed by Miyazaki, yet the B-team surpassed all of his souls games excepting Bloodborne.

the majority doesnt like the game, the minority is full of faggots like you.
Yes you are indeed a contrarian

1 was the peak
2 would've been great if it hadn't been for the development issues
3 was a good follow-up to 1 that tied up loose ends but wasn't as creative with its design

Attached: 70277686_p14.jpg (600x549, 83K)

The graphics are too yucki. They don't deserve to be clapped at.

>appeal to majority

>elevator to research hall and fishing hamlet
>door from dilipated temple to ashina castle - Kuro's room
Fine

>elevator to lavaland
ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL DAS2 SUCKS!!!

The gutter is a better tomb of the giants than tomb of the giants was

Every grab in every souls game has awful hitboxes

not with that garbage platforming

There's barely any platforming in the gutter though, except for a few easy-to-make jumps.

You can literally make through the gutter with no platforming if you stick to the main route

imagine unironically liking a game that has this level in it

Attached: big black gulch.png (630x356, 189K)

kek that walking animation, also anyone else notice emma runs weird in her boss fight? only boss in sekiro that I've seen having floaty walking/running animation, only entity in sekiro for that matter.

Attached: GkerWsK.jpg (500x375, 32K)

fpbp
Based.

yeah I notice lots of people give passes to the same mistakes but in other games.

Before dark souls 3 came out, one of the most common complaints about dark souls two was the fan service, 3 comes out with 10 times the fan service and now suddenly that complaint died out.

blighttown is worse desu

It lasts like 15 seconds. It has the same area as firelink shrine

imagine unironically liking a game that has this level in it

Attached: 2393.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I love dark souls 2 but that was never patched out, go to any mimic and you'll see bloodstains on all sides and even behind the mimic.

No seriously, what's up with all these DaS2 threads recently, is it just 1 autist spamming threads over and over?

Blighttown is great, only the framerate is a problem here.

Who dies to mimics?

The last souls game came out 3 years ago
They are on edge and need a new game
Sekiro was a let down

not to mention people bitching about mobs and multi enemie boss fights, while 3 has a lot of those with only a few exceptions

DS2 cucks are still seething.

Unironically better than some DS2 levels

it only takes one retard and zoomers will follow in with the "le irony posts xd", ds2 was aimed at zoomers that were too young to play ds1 at the end of the day

I think the Gutter is better and I always try to rush through Blighttown as fast as possible when I go there.

Because DaS2's "fanservice" was just one-off references. The game itself has a complete story that runs on its own themes.

I think you are a peak retard.

Attached: 1406429571409.webm (960x540, 2.67M)

Not even DS3 had to galls to literally copy-paste a boss from the first game. DS2fags forever in denial.

did you see that webm? most people aren't used to the janky hit boxes so they don't expect to teleport inside the mimics mouth.

>ds2 was aimed at zoomers that were too young to play ds1 at the end of the day
They're 2 years apart from one another you brainlet. At least create insults that make sense.

so you're saying DS2 was mostly original while DS3 was a safe cashgrab targeted at normies, got it.

>How can we make this harder then Dark Souls and Demon Souls?
>Just spam more enemies, that's fair.

You and I both know that's not true boy

blighttown is worse for the same reason farron keep is worse, and i cant believe they actually made the same mistake in das3 (although, seeing how it's pretty much a rehash of das1 with a blooborne overpaint it's not surprising)

the way blighttown set up, poison have to be useless because you WILL end up getting poisoned, and if it's actually damaging it'd make the area literally impossible

compare it to das2's black gulch: since the poison damage comes from (removable) bursts instead of a passive source, you can actually make posion a danger rather than a minor annoyance

there's a reason gimmick posion build can work in 2 but not in 1 or 3, and that's because of those areas

>rushing through an area and aggrooing all enemies
>THIS IS UNFAIR WAAAAH
Jesus are you retarded?

Soul of Cinder Phase 2 is literally Gwyn.

The Old Dragonslayer has different moves from Ornstein.

>rushes through an area
No, you shill.

>Not even DS3 had to galls to literally copy-paste a boss from the first gam
Ancient Wyvern is literally Guardian Dragon from DaS2 with less attacks and a shit gimmick.

Attached: hshs3210jf.jpg (590x523, 20K)

Yes, you retard.

da1 came out in 2011, so zoomers would have been 11/12 yo, too young to play. ds2 came out in 2014, zoomers would have been 14/15.
Its a big age gap if youre that young, get lost idiot

I think it's not

>crystal sage
>abyss watchers
>curse rotten ballsack
>church bois of the derp
>mr wolnir's wild ride

f-fucking b t-team a-a-amirite guise?

>This game was made for a specific 14-15 y/o demographic that inexplicably couldn't play the previous game.
I don't even need to insult you if you're going to keep posting shit this stupid.

Attached: 12311jjj1a.jpg (972x791, 54K)

based retard weeb

Attached: DaS3 versus DaS2.jpg (720x728, 389K)

I usually kill them before they stand up.

I sure do. I struggle to even remember a good level from that game

Multiple enemies is not inherently bad. Multiple enemies with no poise can be a fun challenge. Multiple enemies that have any poise at all are infuriating. Once you're good at bloodborne you can do the starting area by the fire on base stats and just roll right fucking in a growing everyone.

Ds2 however loves forcing multiple enemies on you at once, (not because you agreed them all, they simply aggro together) and they have fuckloads of poise. Like the fuckers in shrine of amana, 3 of those dudes with mallets aggro together and you just have to pray for an opening and keep backing up

wow you must be so cool

SOTFS or vanilla?

I struggle to remember a good level from Dark Souls 3. It was all the same gray/brown sludge.

>Achievement Unlocked: This is Dark Souls
Really?

Attached: 61c36dd79c0d9ee86916570c24060b5a.png (395x398, 274K)

>sage's copies only appear during the 2nd half of the fight, have audio cues for their projectiles, and can be dispatched easily with throwing knives
>abyss watchers only spawns two additional watchers during the first phase, one of which helps the player during the fight
>curse-rotted and wolnir's adds cans be killed by friendly fire from the main boss
>deacons are about overwhelming the player with their collective mass rather than spamming attacks and stunlocking the player to death
it just works

Attached: high lord wolnir.png (1275x713, 444K)

It's objectively the worst game of the series.

That doesn't sound very objective to me because I think it's the best

That makes you objectively an idiot.

It's not a bad game, but it's also not the best.

You can be wrong in the face of objective truths. People often are.

>series known about being hard and difficult has cheeky trophy thrown in
>people cry about it

DeS, DaS and BB are good.

That's it, DaS 2 and 3 don't count nor matter.

Attached: juqRr9x.jpg (1999x1999, 441K)

>You are an idiot because you like something I don't like

Sounds like you have a lot of learning to do, user

>"le prepare to die xDDD all over the game"
>somehow this isn't annoying asf

Attached: 1509241023953.png (572x739, 547K)

You can be, fortunately that's not an objective truth because I'd hate to be wrong about something objective.

It has an interesting puzzle, possibly the only good puzzle from has ever done. The one with the torches. Which imo, was pretty fun.

lol @ the humanity puzzle in the DaS3 dlc. Now that is the definition of garbage puzzle

Where in the game does it say this? It's only on the nose about it in the trophies, which don't really matter, avatarfag.

Imagine being a casual that can't even grief enemies.

It is so, unfortunately, you are.

>mindlessly spamming r1 and smashing thropugh a group of no-poise enemies good
>actually having to think about positioning and having to fight smart bad

bloodborne was a mistake

I think I would know if I was wrong about something. I'm not the kind of person to hold onto a belief I know is objectively false. I'm a learner user, a truth seeker.

Sounds like you're bad at the game bro, any time I died to a crowd of enemies in DS2 it was my own fault.

>I think I would know if I was wrong about something

Well, just proved yourself wrong.

Playing this was like playing a game underwater while wearing the iron boots. And how did it manage to be uglier than its predecessor?

>Achievement Unlocked
>This is Dark Souls

Attached: 1552593958738.png (500x500, 111K)

How to make DaS3fags fucking mad:

Praise DaS2

Dark Souls 1 was literally marketed as "Prepare to Die"
Dark Sould 2 was marketed as "Prepare to die again"

I don't know why anyone would buy these games when they're so blatantly obvious that they're made intentionally to be difficult and then complain about dying

It's fine for you to like Dark Souls 2, it's still objectively the worst souls game, though. Objective criticism does exist, contrary to what many e-celebs would like you to believe.

Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition was just their name for the version with all the DLC, it wasn't originally marketed with that title.

Did you forget earthen peak exists?

Attached: S3WDjUk.png (752x1000, 106K)

How's the Remaster? I pirated the prepare to die edition a while after it came out and I wouldn't mind playing it again, but now with online included. Is it decent?

I think Dark Souls 3 was much worse honestly. It's linear, there's no variety in environments, there's no poise, weapons feel like shit, armor doesn't matter, magic is shit, miracles are shit, ranged is shit, there's no powerstancing, your guy feels weightless, the whole game seems to be centered around mashing the R1 button. An emaciated hollow can stunlock you in DS3. In DS2 they are slow, feeble, and cannot interrupt or stunlock you when you attack them, except for when you are slow and feeble at the start of the game.

>one area transition makes the whnole game bad

Why is that you retards can never bring up any legitimate points against DaS2, like the soul memory or the fucking DLC bosses but keep parroting the same retarded "complaint" that doesn't even matter during gameplay?

>The soul of cinder.
>The culmination of all the countless souls that have sacrificed themselves to keep the fire lit, who now guards the dying embers of the first flame. After attacking you with an arsenal of weapons and fighting styles that mimic the heros of the past, in a last ditch attempt to stop you, it calls upon the power of Lord Gwyn - The last guardian of the flame attempting to thwart you with the power of the first.

>Old Dragonslayer.
>Member ornstein?! Member epig ornstein and smough fight?!! MEMBER GARGOYLES!? More than two gargoyles this time, so epig! Haha sun alter member sunbro hahaha praise the sun FTW!!

Attached: 1550493916222.jpg (326x294, 12K)

Worse yet is the hardcore Souls community that likes to talk about how it isn't hard at all.

It doesn't matter if the elevator is illogical, Earthern Peak still is relevant to the Iron Keep, because it's the mines that gives the Iron King his iron.

Remember Anor Londo? Remember the Black Knights? Remember the Silver Knights? Remember Gwyndolin? Remember O&S boss room? Remember Solaire's armor?

Attached: ds2 world.png (1677x923, 792K)

Remember the elevator from Cathedral Ward/Grand Cathedral > Research Hall > Fishing Hamlet?
Or the folding foor Dilipated Temple > Kuro's Room / Ashina Outskirts > Senpou Temple?
Or is it only bad because DaS2?

Wrong, you retard.

Damn man why would you just mention that so freely? Ruined my day.

Attached: 1545952006816.jpg (535x535, 21K)

Elitism

Meanwhile at Dark Souls 3

Attached: 1555558467813.png (1134x900, 90K)

>the best of X is better than the worst of Y
Powerful

Attached: 1555255827117.webm (960x540, 2.16M)

>look mommy i posted the funny retarded man

It was only called PTD in regions outside of Japan, it was never intended to be especially difficult. Marketing saw to that after the fact.
Dark Souls 2 was built from the ground up to frustrate players and be "le very hard meme game", as seen in the introductory cutscene, with the old lady talking like a retard.

Saves us fron the ADP master Miyazaki!
>Ok. Every next installment will be less RPG from now on. I hope you rike it.

agreed

jesus christ why are 90% of das3's shortcuts are garbage

it's either just more convoluted to use than the bonfire prior or you'll have a bonfire around the next corner anyway

DaS2 is still mote original than DaS3.
Seethe harder fag

>dump stat to hide broken hitboxes good
>solid gameplay without fluff bad

This desu

DS1 and 3 are set in the same world you jackoff, just one is thousands if not millions of years in the future. DS2 goes out of its way to make clear you are in a different land in possibly another world/reality.
DS3 had DS1 areas and enemies because it's a continuation of that world's story. DS2 had them so gutter dwellers like you could high five each other when you spotted all the references because "me play DS1 too xD"

People that pretend only DaS2 was built around being hard are being incredibly disingenuous, especially considering every game had been like that. Even DeS.

The world design was one of the things I liked the most about Dark Souls 1. If one were to make a scale-accurate model of Lordran, it'd be exactly like the game world.
That's not the case for Dark Souls 2. Tower of Flame is another example, because the distance traveled to get there and how far away it looks from Majula don't match up.
It's just disappointing.
I hate the graphics, the aesthetics, the floaty feel, the bosses, the areas, and the piss poor animation and sound design as well, if any of that matters.

>that moment when Ivory King makes his entrance

Attached: 1555102477974.png (500x603, 173K)

>shits on das2 for having a reference or two to 1
>praises das3 for reusing 95% of das1
Be consistent, you turd.

Cope

DS3 has Dark Souls 2 areas.

>DS2 goes out of its way to make clear you are in a different land in possibly another world/reality.

but that's wrong, you fucking retard

if you actually played the game youd know those enemies dont just bunch up in that area, you can easily aggro them 1 by one with a projectile, or just hit them while in their get up animation instead of being a shitter and waiting untill they all gang up on you. seriously this is like showing a gif of someone being swamped by the theifs before the capra demon

You booting up the game and it just being a video of B team taking turns to shit on a picture of Miyazaki would be original too. When you finally pay a hooker to lose your virginity she'll also tell you why the originality of your tiny cock =/= better

Attached: 1555083057845.png (1472x828, 829K)

>Remember the elevator from Cathedral Ward/Grand Cathedral > Research Hall > Fishing Hamlet?
Seething DaS2let, there's a difference between setting a precedent that you're in a nightmare dreamland (which btw, are visually implied to be layered planes of existence, with the Waking World being the lowest, and Nightmare of Mensis the highest) and walking through a straight gray corridor that leads you below sea level for no discernible reason whatsoever. You can even see ship masts from the Hamlet in the Nightmare Frontier. This is the established law of how planes of existence exist in BB.
>Or the folding foor Dilipated Temple > Kuro's Room / Ashina Outskirts > Senpou Temple?
The loading screen implies you trekked some ground before reaching Senpou.

Attached: Nightmare_Yharnam_Underwater.jpg (1920x1080, 121K)

i really like ds2, but those mistakes you pointed out don't apply. it was pretty clear you walk through some sort of portal to get to the fishing hamlet, and that door to the castle is a tunnel to get there, it's not just right next to it.

Which ones?

I think all of the games were built around being challenging, but I never felt that any encounters were bullshit, until I got around to Dark Souls 2.
Most areas and several bosses are just filled to the brim with enemies, with boring movesets, and that's what supposed to make them "hard". Not creative and interesting movesets, but ganks.
Dark Souls 2 enemies are just blobs with unclear hitboxes that deal damage to you, while enemies in their other games have very choreographed animations which make it clear to you where you're supposed to be standing to dodge them. There's no room for spacing in Dark Souls 2, is what I'm saying. If you stand close to an enemy, they'll hit you. In Dark Souls 1, if you stand close to an enemy. you can circle, and gracefully move around their attacks with pressing the roll button.

which ones? aside from earthen peak ruins which was meant to represent traveling from DS3 to 2 to 1 in the dreg heap

Funny since most people who hate DS2 never played Demons Souls and only played Dark Souls after everything was patched in PTD Edition.

Fishing hamlet is part of a nightmare. You can actually see shit falling from the sky.
Passage to Kuro's room is a loading screen.

That wasn't even praise for DS3, thats just identifying that one is done because of story continuity and the other is done to pander to the audience

I like Sekiro, but is there really any loading screen when traveling to Senpou? You can clearly see Mt. Kongou from Ashina Castle, but you can just swim for a bit underground and take an elevator, and you're there.
It's basically like Earthen Peak, just better hidden

>but I never felt that any encounters were bullshit
Bold faced lie and you know it.

I played through all the Souls games in release order and DS2 is still shit

Its impossible for a tunnel to connect kuros room and dilapidated temple.
You can go around the castle exterior 360 degrees and see no connections with anything. It doesn't make sense.
Drangelic is an amalgamation of the worlds past, different lands merging but its not okay because its not miyazaki right?

I bet you had to kill the first maneater through the fogwall

You have to go across the reservoir bridge and past the bell guy, through the abandoned dungeon, through the underground river, and then you take the elevator up. There's a lot more ground covered between Ashina Castle and Senpou Temple than between Majula and Heide's Tower.

I liked 2 the most.
Ask me anything
I've sl1/bl4d all games except des (no ps3)

I just can't think of any right now. Give me some examples. I doubt any of them were ganks though, because that was what stood out to me when I played DS2 for the first time

You're right, but if we don't compare it to Dark Souls 2, it's still pretty bad. Took me out of the game when I noticed how far away Senpou Temple was from Ashina Castle.

In this thread we list things that make Dark Souls 2 the best Souls game. I'll start:

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

Capra demon isn't really "bullshit" but the entire being difficult relies on the suprise factor of the dogs being there and the room being tiny.
Bed of chaos is bullshit because it's a wank fight, so wank infact that they made it so the boss room doesn't even reset to.
Thing about 1 is nearly all the early game bosses are fine because they are early game, and after O&S the game's difficulty plummets because you character is super strong and the second half feels so rushed.

When did you first realise you enjoy cock?

When i was 19

Quit projecting your homosexuality onto others

It's not our fault just the word cock makes you question everything about yourself

>Drangelic is an amalgamation of the worlds past, different lands merging but its not okay because its not miyazaki right?
Well, they didn't do a good job explaining it or implying it. At least BB's Dreamlands are conveyed to be layered very well through the visual
>shit masts from the Frontier = Frontier higher than Hamlet
>Mensis Caslte seen above the Frontier = Nightmare of Mensis higher than Frontier
>Nightmare Yharnam seen underwater from the Hamlet and Hamlet enemy drops down to Hunter's Nightmare = Hunter's Nightmare lower than Hamlet
>Moon significantly bigger in Mensis than in the Waking World = Waking lower than all the Dreamlands

Attached: +99 insight.jpg (498x454, 93K)

i am aware of its many flaws but i still like it and enjoyed it more than any other souls game
it has a ton of replayability and the pvp is the best in the series
i feel like the people who hate it just haven't replayed it and didnt try to make many pvp build and fuck around with the many items in the game which is understandable because it requires a lot of effort and autism to enjoy this as much as i did

Straid literally tells you this.

cope blindfag

cope

cope

DS3 zoomers love tribalism so they have to keep shilling Youtubers and the same images over and over so they can feel like they "won"

That moment when the Fume Knight just swipes his sword in your general direction

This game has a boatload of problems but I sltll enjoy making fun builds (tried doing that in DS3 and it felt like shit. Especially doing something like a bow only build in DS2 in comparison to DS3 where it felt like shit since it felt that they balanced that game around r1 and low stamina roll spam...)

I think people are overly negative about DS2 introduction. The "you're going to die" stuff didn't really feel to me like making fun of the player but rather informing the player that the game can be hard and it's okay if you find it so. I can see why they would want to include that given how many people struggled with DS1 even though it wasn't supposed to be very hard.
Also DS2 isn't more frustrating than DS1. It just punishes mistakes more and rewards caution and staying focused. B team managed to figure out that that's the kind of difficulty that a souls game should have, unlike, ironically enough, Miyazaki himself who turned the later games into some garbage action-focused anime shitshows where pretty much only reaction times and memorizing attack patterns matter.
If you actually found DS2 frustrating that just means you're an imbecile who refused to adapt to the game and learn from his mistakes and you decided to blame your deaths on supposed poor or intentionally malicious design.

The problem with DS3 is that if you're not doing your cookie cutter STR/DEX build it's a fucking nightmare.

While DS2 is far from perfect, slapping Bloodborne combat onto DS is a fucking atrocity.

Attached: 1522410211916.jpg (255x247, 16K)

I liked Bloodborne's combat but yeah, it doesn't fit Dark Souls at all. Charged R2s and some of the weapons arts were cool though, just not the anime-ish ones

Attached: 1555690395497.jpg (640x476, 30K)

People find the game frustrating because they throw you against millions of enemies and gank squads.
>dude just be patient!
When you die to some shit boss, you have to run back through all the gank squads and the worst part is that you HAVE to kill them again or else they'll kill you going through the fog gate. It's not fun.

Attached: 1555466420900.png (1358x1720, 691K)

kek

>our lord's year of 2019
>people are still bitching about the prowling magnus fight
>a boss fight so easy it has no reason to be called a boss fight to begin with

lmao git gud casul

>People find the game frustrating because they throw you against millions of enemies and gank squads.
And what exactly is wrong with that? Is multiple enemies somehow inherently frustrating to fight against? No, it's not. People find them frustrating simply because they're bad at fighting them. You can't just walk up to 5 enemies, hit them once, get hit five times, die and scream "WOOOOOOW WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO??? WHAT A SHIT GAME". B.T.W. other souls games also have a lot of ganks.
>you HAVE to kill them again or else they'll kill you going through the fog gate
I'm pretty sure you never have to in DS2, unlike in Sekiro where there are no fog gates and minibosses are surrounded by 10 enemies. Now that's actual shit game design.
>It's not fun.
In all souls games you have to spend some time to get back to the boss. Just stop bitching and get better at the game.

>you HAVE to kill them again or else they'll kill you going through the fog gate

Attached: getaloadofthisguycam.png (402x286, 233K)

I hate how nearly all viable builds end up always having a Longword or some shit. Feels like Longswords in that game are the equivalent to the Saw Cleaver.

It's crazy how this game is still polarizing to this very day. I kinda wanna give it a shot just because of all the strong feelings surrounding it.

And in the intro, and in the global death counter, and in most of the dialogues...
People praise DS2 just to be contrarian and ironic, whereas people praise DS3 for its deep and well-crafted combat system and bosses

Attached: 4806301752e1ab51c957ccde112695bb.png (389x423, 212K)

That counts as multiple moments considering how slow and lethargic his shitty swings

Salt and Sanctuary > Dark Souls II

Attached: Spindlefucker.png (954x662, 214K)

>DS3
>deep and well-creafted combat system

DS3 have some pretty good bosses, I give you that, but calling that shitty frankenstein's monster of a mess that it's combat system "deep and well-crafted" is laughable

Attached: 1295296091308.jpg (560x432, 70K)

iron keep is REALLY gay

Still the hardest boss in the series

the only time anyone should sympathize with phil

>low stamina roll spam
>bloodborne tier r1 mashing

no

Deepest lore

Attached: IMG_20190419_204510.jpg (1080x1105, 289K)

Foom knight took me the most attempts of any FROM boss out of any game, excluding Sekiro.

Look at the animation when your character gets hit by an attack. You just fucking wiggle a bit. What the fuck is this game?

There's no reason not to; you can nab it for a very low price

You're spot on on everthing, but DS2babbies will spout how their shitty pvp and builds are oh so great.

It's because they didn't break his poise, your character visibly recoils when he has low poise.

The only good thing that came out of this was the pig secret. I like fun and convoluted secrets.

He got hit 6 times. The feedback from the animation is just shitty. Just like the rest of the animations in the game.

At least there the NPCs flat out tell you that the island's geography is completely senseless and features buildings and structures that shouldn't be there.

Yeah these threads inspired me to give DS2 a shot despite not playing any souls games in the past. I liked it a lot and am glad that I experienced the things that most people think are frustrating first so when I go on to the other games they have the potential to be even better.

Those are fast hitting enemies that deal low poise damage per hit, he would have been able to attack through it.

You can fight all of these enemies individually, they were all aggroed and baited into Mirror Knight's boss room.

Doesn't the shinobi shortcut go underground though?

>Fume is harder than Orphan, Gael, Midir, Loran Darkbeast or Laurence

Attached: 1546302917423.png (580x800, 250K)