Its really that bad?

its really that bad?

Attached: 1548509589262.jpg (432x434, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamereactor.eu/grtv/434913/Kingdom Hearts III - Tai Yasue Interview/
multiplayer.it/articoli/kingdom-hearts-3-intervista-tai-yasue-gdc-2019.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ABavfazPTjo
youtube.com/watch?v=G1-2iN1kKi8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, that's why people force crying Wojaks

/thread

cope

yes

the story got even dumber and the combat is easy but the worlds are far off the best in the series, even the worst ones had their good moments

yeah i sure do like getting thrown off a cliff 6 times and not interacting with the frozen cast

every princess world was absolute garbage.
story especially, it was just sora and his two bum buddies watching a disney flick, essentially
fucking awful no good moments

The failure of KH3, I find was that it had no story of it's own, just wrapping up ALL the loose ends that every other side game set up. It was a game made out of obligation.

this. literally nothing happens until the last world, you don't get a moment like in 2 where you go to simba and mushu's worlds and they remember you from 1 since they were summons. you get to see a bunch of disney characters play moments similar to the movie and you leave

this, the Frozen and Tangled worlds are almost a 1 for 1 remake of the scenes from the movie and I don't get why, the older games had the basic plot of the movie down, but it changed to accommodate for Sora, Donald, Goofy and the heartless being there, so all the plot points were there, but they played out differently.
With Tangled, the main characters might as well not have been there, the characters barely interact with the heartless, the final scene is just the movie but the main trio kill the heartless outside and then watch the finale from the window.
Its an odd design choice, I liked the Tangled world for how lush and vibrant it is, but the story was a bit jarring.
Frozen is slightly better about this but just barely and that world wasn't as nice to look at.
KH3 was about wrapping up the story, but it had piss poor pacing, almost all the interesting parts of the story are pushed into the last 1/5th of the game, then they all resolve in the Skein of Severance in a really rushed and awkward way, none of it feels conclusive or epic, I felt very little when Roxas appeared or Terra got his body back.
Honestly the story would be less dogshit if DDD never existed and introduced the stupid time travel fuckery, 13 seeker and power of waking nonsense.
this is coming from someone who actually had a really good time as a whole from KH3

Attached: 1549341177816.jpg (1024x802, 52K)

>frozen is better about this
hanz doesn't even fucking talk and you only see elsa for 2 fucking seconds before she sings. the only time you do anything with the rest of the frozen cast is finding olafs head and leaving, if anything it's fucking worse

KH3 is terrible.

I think it's pretty obvious the game was ruined by modern Disney. They threw a fit over how Elsa's hair didn't look right, so Square put alot of resources into getting the characters to look "correct"

No the gameplay is better than most of the games in the series except 2FM and maybe 1FM depending on your preference. And the level design is the best the series has ever had. The story and writing is a fucking mess however.

Yes, it is. White the gameplay is enjoyable most of the time, when the game ends you are left with a horrible “did I wait 13 years for this?” sensation that won’t leave.

It's pretty bad but it's probably better than all the handhelds.
He obviously forgot how to make a console game though, it plays like another iteration on the handheld games instead of a numbered title.
I'm pessimistic of 3FM fixing its issues.

>the Frozen and Tangled worlds are almost a 1 for 1 remake of the scenes from the movie and I don't get why
See Disney wouldn't let them make any progress in the game until everything was perfect even though they didn't help them with the assets at all. That's why the Pixar worlds are so much better.

>just wrapping up ALL the loose ends that every other side game set up
And it didn't even give any of those loose ends the time they deserved, just rushed them through like a checklist so Nomura could move on to his new edgy villain.

I'm still trying to forget that shitshow

Attached: 1521302111177.png (442x509, 172K)

Playing it now, just finished Big Hero 6. Easy game, but can be fun. Story wise it's been a bit lacking but I kind of checked out during the story of 2 so I don't mind it that much.
Love being able to play as other characters than just Sora in this game too.
The Tangled world at least let you interact with Rapunzel a lot, that was cute. I didn't care for Frozen's world though, the world itself felt like one big area with a few appearance changes as the story continued on, disregarding the labyrinth of course

Attached: 1548612743442m.jpg (1024x576, 104K)

>this, the Frozen and Tangled worlds are almost a 1 for 1 remake of the scenes from the movie and I don't get why, the older games had the basic plot of the movie down, but it changed to accommodate for Sora, Donald, Goofy and the heartless being there, so all the plot points were there, but they played out differently.With Tangled, the main characters might as well not have been there, the characters barely interact with the heartless, the final scene is just the movie but the main trio kill the heartless outside and then watch the finale from the window.
Its an odd design choice, I liked the Tangled world for how lush and vibrant it is, but the story was a bit jarring.Frozen is slightly better about this but just barely and that world wasn't as nice to look at.

Thanks all that to Pixar and Disney for not letting Nomura do actual things with the character cause that would "harm" the original conceptions of the studies that made the movies. Seriously fuck Diseny and Pixar

Attached: 1511902448372.jpg (459x448, 131K)

>Ok who do we have
>Ventus? Yep he's here onto the next one
>Roxas? Yep he's here onto the next one
>Terra's here
>Xion's here

No, just dissapointing.

But the Pixar worlds didn't really follow the movie plots at all, Toy Story and Monsters Inc were original stories and apparently Pixar helped with those

Barry weren't you banned earlier today

>Darkqua was just an excuse to reuse Phantom Aqua but make it shit
>you don't even get to explore HD Castle Oblivion a little before Aqua turns it back into LoD
>Aqua and Riku's entire playable parts boil down to 3 tutorial bossfights
Every time I thought it couldn't get worse Nomura just kept beating me down.

Don't remind me about how inconsequential darkqua was, and how in the 'demo footage' they put out they made the doll in toy story look like an actual thing instead of a 2-minute boss fight

Don't forget literally shoving every final fantasy character aside, no resolution to the Cloud and Sephiroth rivalry.

Some of them were and others didn't, with every world SE had to speak with the studio that made the movie, some of them were ok with the ideas for the game and others don't. That is why some worlds follow the movies and other creates new stories to the point that the storie for the Toy Story world is canon

Give me a Sora bf

Attached: 1547738165669.png (1916x1076, 1.19M)

>and how in the 'demo footage' they put out they made the doll in toy story look like an actual thing instead of a 2-minute boss fight
Wait what? What was the difference?

>sora Donald and goofy stand in the background of a Disney/Pixar movie while the movie plays
>nothing happens until the last 30 minutes
>easy as piss even on proud
>”STICK TO THE PATH SORA!”
>combat is just a worse KH2
Yes

Yeah, and it's half and half original and redone stories in this game, which I can live with

In the footage they put out before the game they were showing that boss fight for a tiny bit but they weren't attacking her and just running around stuff 'hiding' behind it, it really made it seem like it'd be a pseudo-stealth thing, or really anything than the extremely short boss fight it actually was.

I don't know why people complain about the story. After the shitshow that was DDD the story in KH3 is actual not that bad, is not great but it does the job at closing the Xehanort saga

The graphics are great and the combat is fun for a while, it's everything else that's a complete shitfest. I don't know why I expected the series to "grow up" alongside me, I've been playing KH since I got a PS2 back in 2004 and played the first game and those first two games felt more mature than 3 did. The voice acting is much worse in 3 as well, I bring this up every time but whoever was the VA director needs to be fired for making everyone sound like robots and/or non-english speakers literally reading a language they can't understand. it's like Nomura had no idea what he was doing and just made shit up as he went along.

Attached: 1542243254569.jpg (428x318, 56K)

This.

I actually thought tying Vanitas into that world was a big of genius, collecting screams as fuel for his negative energy, it was nice to see them tied in a bit more organically, but at the same time, Vanitas only appears in a cutscene near the very end, if he was a boss and a threat throughout the world, it would have been more interesting
also Sully and Mike throwing Vanitas through the doors and shredding the door was fucking excellent, wish more scenes were like that
but others like Marluxia and Larxene didn't really have any reason to be around, I was actually hoping for III we would see their true and proper selves exploring the worlds, but of course, they had to be the seekers of darkness because DDD was fucking dreadful

Just because it's better than literal dog shit doesn't mean it's good, though you're right that after DDD I guess I should have severely lowered my expectations.
The fuck were they doing for the past 7 years? Every other game from 1 to DDD has taken 1-2 years and yet this one takes 7 and it's one of the worst.

>1 to DDD has taken 1-2 years
Outsourcing was a thing
>it's one of the worst.
If you're retarded

>this, the Frozen and Tangled worlds are almost a 1 for 1 remake of the scenes from the movie and I don't get why, the older games had the basic plot of the movie down, but it changed to accommodate for Sora, Donald, Goofy and the heartless being there, so all the plot points were there, but they played out differently.
Uh user Frozen and Tangled also changed to accommodate for SDG and the heartless being there. In fact this feels like a completely ridiculous thing to say when Rapunzel and Flynn help you fight Heartless.
Heck right after saying this you basically admit you're wrong.

DDD was fine though, it was just over the top anime ridiculousness like the rest of the series cranked to 11.

>After the shitshow that was DDD
its because of DDD that the story in 3 suffers, DDD introduced nothing but a fucking headache to the overall story and 3 is needlessly convoluted because of it, we didn't need every single fucking villain to come back as a seeker of darkness
KH3 should have come out at that time instead of DDD

>even though they didn't help them with the assets at all
But user Disney gave Square movie assets as well. What are you talking about?

So you're telling me that when they stopped outsourcing the game got worse?
Isn't it supposed to be the opposite?
It's better than most of the handheld games but people have always had lowered expectations from those, this is only marginally better than them and frequently worse.

It's too easy. I apologize to Birth By Sleep fags, unfair difficulty is more fun than unfair easiness

Odd thing is BB2 0.2 balanced difficulty and non floaty combat menu just fine.

>trusting square after that blunder of XV
>hell trusting square after XIII
>but more, trusting NOMURA

Attached: D21aHAfUwAcM9yg.jpg (1536x2048, 278K)

>the game got worse?
Nope, you're just retarded user

>every world is fucking short
>Frozen is actually the longest one(with Olympus which was great) and the one that still misses shit from the movie with that fucking labyrinth castle being so early instead of one the last things you do
>Caribean if you ignored the exploration and go straight to the story is the shortest(TT doesnt count because that was ridiculous)

my thoughts after finishing monstropolis and big 6 world was "that was it?". At least Big Hero 6 had a memorable boss fight, something most worlds didnt.

If there was something I really enjoyed was the gummi ship due to those bosses like that ice castle, the worms, those bosses in Eclipse and fucking Schwarzgeist while using Endymion

>yet this one takes 7
they changed the engine and that took a lot of time, also the SE teams were split and they were making FFXV and KH3 so that was also a thing. To be honest I don't think KH3 is bad, it has a lot of prroblem with the pacing but it was enjoyable, and that is coming from a person that almost stop playing the saga after the shitstorm that was DDD

ah ok we're back to ironic shitposting, gotcha

>all that fucking grunting to fill empty space between sentences

Attached: 1527538292662.gif (336x336, 2.47M)

I'm not being ironic. I'm telling you the truth. You're a fucking moron

I think seeing Pixar characters fuck up the OCs was the highlight of the game in general honestly. I agree that they should have had a singular fight for him, that would have been great

>Odd thing is BB2 0.2 balanced difficulty
They had to patch it to make it easier after complaints

>taking Yea Forums's opinions at face value, ever

No no I understand the joke, I can play along too, ahem.

Man I really loved this game with its obvious tampering by disney, i really loved seeing a franchise that was about doing dumb shit with disney characters become "Let's rewatch literal 5-minute chunks of a popular disney movie", it really made the games better.

>no one ever loved you faggot, you ain't got a friend in you, at least not until I shove my trusty six shooter up your ass you fucking spic
what the fuck Nomura?

Attached: 1549141603560.jpg (635x513, 39K)

It's really the final act that ruins the game, as well as the entire KH franchise as whole.

3 had more scenes like the doors with Vanitas, like Woody being a dick to Young X and Luxord falling down the ship from Jack's breath

>I'm a good guy now
>Ok I believe you
truly, stunning work nomura

The plot of KH3 involves something fucky with Kairi. The Darkside is made of water, Kairi's heart doesn't appear when Xehanort strikes her down, and Kairi is suspiciously useless. She's using her princess of light hax for some reason

Attached: kingdom-hearts-iii-kairi-1--1147264.jpg (655x368, 39K)

Better than BBS and DDD. Not as good as 1 and 2
7/10 Okay. Kino music though

>lets play the entirety of a song that hasn't been popular in half a decade
>lets have the main villain never speak or do anything interesting
>lets make players climb up the mountain 3 times
>Olaf
the Frozen world was such a disaster

Attached: 1543189626647.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Attached: 1555101847888.jpg (1045x720, 344K)

>No no I understand the joke
I'm dead serious. You're a retard
>Man I really loved this game with its obvious tampering by disney
Congrats user, you're also newfag that doesn't understand disney has always had a hand in controlling the narrative of the series.
It's why the princes helping save the princesses of hearts in kh1 was scrapped, why mickey only showed up for 1 scene in the same game and why Nomura changed the ending of DDD.
>become "Let's rewatch literal 5-minute chunks of a popular disney movie"
That's what the series has been for awhile. Do you actually play these games

Skoll was pretty cool though

Fuck off with your fujo fanfiction.

This. It's so easy to spot jealous pcpoors who can't afford a ps4

>and Kairi is suspiciously useless.
user there is literally nothing suspicious about Kairi being useless.
What would be extremely suspicious is if she ever actually did anything.
>That's what the series has been for awhile. Do you actually play these games
Atlantica isn't a 5-minute clip of sebastian singing "Kiss the girl" with SDG lazily photoshopped in the back.

The snowman that helps you was kind of cool and it had one of the only good boss fights in the game but it was like 99% garbage yea.
I almost dropped the game completely when I went back to get all the collectibles and they force you to do the olaf shit for a second time.

>That's what the series has been for awhile. Do you actually play these games
Not him but none of the other games have straight-up copy & pasted a scene from a certain movie that lasts for an entire song.

I swear the franchise is fucking dead to me and I'm never giving Nomura any of my money again. Hate I spend 100$ for the full KH package in hopes of MAYBE the saga ends on a satisfying note. Now it's tainted my PS4 forever.
Then again I may end up selling my PS4 in the future due to Sony's SJW shit and focusing more on unskippable cutscenes collection disguised as games.

>Atlantica isn't a 5-minute clip of sebastian singing "Kiss the girl"
You're right, they use other songs instead while making you play the minigames

>Atlantica isn't a 5-minute clip of sebastian singing "Kiss the girl" with SDG lazily photoshopped in the back.
No it isn't, it is "Part of Your World" and "Under the Sea" though you retard.

>copy & pasted a scene from a certain movie that lasts for an entire song.
KH2 Atlantica

>This thing is similar to another thing
>That means they're identical!
God I really do hope you people are just pretending and aren't this stupid.

At least you interact with them.

>minigame world
Wanna try again with a real argument this time?

No, KH3 was really good. Try it.

Attached: Maleficent.jpg (775x1160, 161K)

>let's have the song while people are talking at the same time
>let's force you to gather Olaf pieces again if you have the sad idea of going back to Frozen's world
>let's have a mini game that doesnt tell you what treasures you got and where is pretty easy to miss even if you are near them
>let's have shitty mushroom that is annoying to get high score thanks to shitty grind that traps Sora on
>lets have a repetitive music that will get you headdaches
Fuck Frozen

>optional world that's nothing but songs vs Let It Go for no reason

>doesn't count
If the songs really bothered you this much, just skip the cutscene.

Considering KH3 was a victim of circumstance, I hope the next game compensates since FFXIII isn't fucking shit up now. I'll give it one more shit and hope that KH4 or whatever follows 3 ends up feeling like a more proper sequel to 2FM.

I LOVE WOJAK

Attached: WOJAK.png (428x148, 47K)

Watch out user you talked about the best game in the series so now all the cretins are going to come up from the woodworks about how you hate all the others.

Woody shit talking young Xehanort was the best scene in the game

Attached: 1550224309854.png (1000x613, 959K)

see

>LOL kh2 is just press triangle to win XD
every 10 seconds im awarded with a screen wipe triangle button for doing absolutely nothing on the hardest difficulty
after that 3 seconds of screen wipe fun im forced into another 5 minutes of garbage Disney cutscenes
most disappointing game of my life

Attached: 1465743228976s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>proper sequel to 2FM.
So just kh3fm then

Well that game isn't out yet, so we'll see.

Man 3 had some of the worst music in the series I swear. Only good shit was the reused music from the other entries.

Tangled and Frozen May have been the weakest worlds overall but they had some cool bosses.

Attached: 8B75822F-7244-409A-8E8A-3F71568FB0DB.png (600x338, 294K)

>every 10 seconds im awarded with a screen wipe triangle button for doing absolutely nothing on the hardest difficulty
Bullshit. Also
>Fighting trash mobs and not judging it based off the boss fights
Retard

What's funny is that the boss fights would have been much, much better if they actually had the Triangle to """"""""""""""""Win"""""""""""""""" parts of 3, the final boss from the frozen world is the only one that does that.

Yeah, it was terrible. I thought I was going to be rewarded for playing all of those god awful portable games but it turned out it didn't even fuck matter because the game was made for people who watched 10 minute recaps on Youtube and instead of wrapping up this portion of the series while still leaving it open to go further Nomura just went and shoved in the worst fucking cliffhanger ever. Nothing had a satisfying conclusion and Nomura copped out hard with Xehanort (hurr im just misunderstood bro im a good guy now) The non-pixar worlds were complete fucking dogshit to play through. The bosses were completely uninspired with a couple of exceptions. The combat had so many useless gimmicks attached to it like the transformations which slow down the combat which already feels slower than KH2 and the game was a complete joke even on Proud. The music was mostly just rehashed from KH2. 0 Final Fantasy presence beside moogles and some cactuar cameo. 0 significant midgame story happens so the worlds feel like a massive slog to go through (remember in kh1 and 2 you would go back to the hub worlds where the overarching story would progress but in kh3 all you get is like 1 cutscene after 5 hours of disney shit). I'm so fucking mad about this game and I will never touch another KH game again. It was The Last Jedi of Kingdom Heats.

Really? I thought the tangled boss was about the same as all the others bar frozen's.

Story wise there is still nothing, the movie plays out like usual, hell the main issues aren't even heartless or nobody related, its not like mother gothel is manipulating them, they are mostly just there, outside of that one scene where Rapunzel says she will fight, there isn't any other scene where either even mention heartless or nobodies or even think they are a problem.

Reaction commands are great, like I genuinely think its one of the few times QTEs were done right. They're generally not required to advance in a given fight, but should you need it, you get to watch Sora do some sick shit. Situational Commands are just fucking win buttons with boring repetitive cinematics and I hate it.

>Reaction commands are boring repetitive cinematics and I hate it.
I agree

o right the boss fights that are horribly designed with triple the health bars they should have
also nice argument literally saying "wrong" with no other context is a new one to me

I liked that the heartless used the tower to its advantage and you had to run up it to fight it.

>nomura builds up sora becoming empathetic for roxas and trying to save him to atone for fucking him over
>in kh3 he doesn't save him, he just deus ex machina appears and he and sora say 1 word to eachother and thats it

It's something I guess.

>Roxas and Ventus don't even utter a single line to each other
ffs

Attached: 1554250934202.jpg (2908x2176, 698K)

>Implying one of the reasons KH3 was such an insulting sack of shit was because Nomura, a Star Wars fan, decided to vent his rage on it.

Was I missing something with these bosses? They didn't seem near as well designed as anything in 1 or 2. I can't put my finger on it but something was just off to me for both fights.

>Story wise there is still nothing
Except for the fact that you're fighting Heartless and SDG are there.
> the movie plays out like usual
Except for the fact that you're fighting Heartless and SDG are there.
>hell the main issues aren't even heartless or nobody related
Um, bullshit? In Tangled Marluxia is trying to keep Rapunzel locked up forever, and in Frozen Larxee is trying to confirm that Elsa is a PoL.
>outside of that one scene where Rapunzel says she will fight, there isn't any other scene where either even mention heartless or nobodies
Flynn mentions Heartless a few times, and they discuss Nobodies when they appear as well. Elsa directly destroys a Heartless.

Look I even think there's a grain of truth to what you're saying, but blatantly ignoring what's actually in the game is dumb

man the game fucking hints at it and then it just goes nowhere and axel even fucking states it out loud and nobody even reacts to it at all
fucks sake man all that time spent thinking about this game and all of these things just went nowhere

I enjoyed, but Frozen was way repetitive since you waste a lots of time going around in circles, climbing and going down.

The Gummi Ship areas were great, Toy Box themes were great, Caribbean's battle theme was great, everything in the last worlds were great
Still I do agree 2FM was much better and memorable

Is Barry the pro-3 shitposter or the anti-3 shitposter I honestly can't remember.

They established that souls exist outside of hearts and bodies. It somehow makes it even weirder.

This. The Caribbean is probably my favorite word I. The series after KH1 Hollow Bastion. I liked that 3 gave incentives to actually explore the maps with chest and lucky Emblems. They kind of abandoned that approach after 1.

>In Tangled Marluxia is trying to keep Rapunzel locked up forever
wow
it's almost like that's the exact plot of the movie or something, with no changes necessary

I wonder what will make this board do a 180 first, a pc port or the FM dlc

>everything in the last worlds were great
BH6 world could have been good but as it stands it's pretty bad
Potc was fun though yea

A FM dlc could hypothetically save it

Yeah I remember the part of the movie where some anime guy hypnotized Mother Gothel

>Xehanort actually has a fucking checkpoint in the middle of the fight.
It's like Nomura really just wanted to rush to the ending.

Eat my ass.

Attached: 1515418843392.jpg (433x409, 63K)

>Um, bullshit? In Tangled Marluxia is trying to keep Rapunzel locked up forever
that's literally just what mother gothel does
marluxia literally does nothing but tell her to do what she was going to do with rapunzel anyway
and flynn saying "fight these things!" a few times is hardly fucking plot implementation of the heartless user

That I don't agree with

to get her to do what she did in the movie away
yep, sure did

Rapunzel was a Princess of Light in the original? Wow! Also
>Let me just ignore all the other points you brought up
FAGGOT

Too bad storywise the game is fucked.

He's said there'd be a lot of new story stuff.
I'm doubtful but it's technically possible.
>Let me just ignore all the other points you brought up
because the rest of your "points" were literally just saying "nuh uh"

>and flynn saying "fight these things!" a few times is hardly fucking plot implementation of the heartless user
It is directly plot implementation of the heartless. Please explain to me why it's not.
>marluxia literally does nothing but tell her to do what she was going to do with rapunzel anyway
Except that he confirms Rapunzel is a Princess of Light and hypnotizes Mother Gothel to force her to keep Rapunzel locked up.

Not really that much different from a normal kh game

>Calls out your entire game and your shit writing
>Such big dick energy he creates his own death flag knowing full well he will survive.

Atleast Axel was still great, I just wish I actually got to see him fight. The one goddam thing I wanted to see in this game.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>Situational Commands are just fucking win buttons with boring repetitive cinematics and I hate it.
I didn't mind them all that much aside from the team attacks and attractions. The team attacks would be okay if they used up MP like they did in 2 but attractions are total garbage that should never even have been thought up in the first place.

>because the rest of your "points" were literally just saying "nuh uh"
The rest of the points are literally countering the other points. The other person claimed that SDG and the HEartless just "aren't part of the plot" when they clearly are.

Marluxia also transforms Mother Gothel into a heartless right before her boss fight

I liked most of them expect the ufo in Toy Box because it was just too passive. I still think Darkside from BBS is the best Heartless boss in the series though.

he never fucking mentions them as heartless user, he doesnt know what they are called and only even mentions them for a few moments
thats not fucking implementation
they have literally NO effect on the tangled world its just mother gothel and marluxia
>Except that he confirms Rapunzel is a Princess of Light and hypnotizes Mother Gothel to force her to keep Rapunzel locked up.
except she was going to fucking do that anyway
marluxia could have not existed and mother gothels actions would not have changed in the slightest
she wanted to keep her locked up even before marluxia even fucking met her

>anime villain: hmph! you call that a keyblade? *breaks it*
>Alex, axel, lea... that dude, just loses like a bitch despite all the training
>10 minutes later the keyblade is back

oh right the random shoe horned boss fight that came out of no where with no plot explanation

Aw fuck, best response. I can't stay mad at you for that.

I get it, reaction commands still take control away and don't deliver much content-wise. I guess I just liked that they were mostly unique and context sensitive, so in some fights you could trigger a nice, brief acrobatic stunt once or twice, or like when Sora's dodging the Groundshaker's steps. It was also nice they only showed up when available and didn't just hang around and give me anxiety if I didn't want to use them like Situationals. But nah, I gotcha. I understand.

Attached: 1506564965322.jpg (529x431, 33K)

I just hope they allow TV shit at some point it would fix the Tangled world and give us more properties.

Dark Hide*

Attached: maxresdefault .jpg (1280x720, 116K)

can you be more obvious? kun?

Attached: 1491925980150.jpg (3500x5500, 2.27M)

>he never fucking mentions them as heartless user, he doesnt know what they are called and only even mentions them for a few moments
How does that mean they're not implemented into the plot? Flynn notices them, reacts to them, and recruits SDG because he's scared of them. So because he doesn't know what they're called they're not implemented into the plot? How does that work?
Also Mother Gothel literally transforms into a Heartless
>marluxia could have not existed and mother gothels actions would not have changed in the slightest
Except that Mother Gothel wouldn't have transformed into a Heartless in the end. Also Marluxia helps Mother Gothel take Rapunzel back because those other characters from the movie aren't there.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DLC NOMURA.
I NEED IT.

Attached: that wasn't a request.jpg (708x708, 43K)

She fell to darkness so Marluxia transformed her into a Heartless. He even says this right before he does it, user.
Just because you don't pay attention doesn't mean an explanation isn't there.

The keyblade graveyard was odd should've had a fight with a Sora, Riku, and Kairi party.

At this point they're probably going to announce it all at E3, with critical mode coming out the same day or something

Thats another thing too, since when could Keyblades break to the point they're unusable?

I thought they were some magical manifested weapon that was unique to each user, but I guess that's not the case. I also remember when the Keyblade was a special weapon that there were only two of in the entire world, but now everyone and their mother has one.

I would love to see world expansions for some of them honestly
>Toy Box extra side quest where the toys find their way back to their friends
>Corona and San Fransokyo get expanded with plotlines based on the show
>Frozen 2 abridged since that world was a movie tie in anyways
>Coliseum added to Olympus
There you go

Is this game even worth having on the back burner? The last Kingdom Hearts I played is 2, and that was was almost 15 years ago. There are no Final Fantasy characters and the story is now complete gibberish. The entire appeal of KH is that it combined FF with Disney, and now there is no FF--only OC's.

What's the appeal now? Is the gameplay better than FFXV's (not that that is an accomplishment)?

>I thought they were some magical manifested weapon that was unique to each user, but I guess that's not the case.
That literally hasn't been the case since even KH1. Riku took Sora's keyblade, Mickey got his keyblade from the dark world, ect.

>there were only two of in the entire world, but now everyone and their mother has one.
That was never a thing. Mickey himself was already a keyblade wielder before the ending of kh1 and nomura confirmed in the ultimania there others outside sora, riku and mickey

they have no affect on the plot user nothing that rapunzel did or flynn did was in anyway motivated by the heartless they are just sitting on the side lines much like sora for the entire world
all they did was appear every so often causing the characters to say" Sora go fight them" x5
that final boss?
it doesnt affect the fucking plot because the story is literally over when she appears as a heartless
she falls out of the tower and marluxia just snaps is fingers and makes a boss appear out of no where
its completely shoehorned
all you have done is grasp at fucking straws user is pathetic
>hurr flynn accidentally glanced at a heartless so its now seamlessly in the plot
>durr mother gothel randomly fucking transforms FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN MARLUXIA JUST MADE HER DO IT so heartless must be integral to the plot
the plot of the world user is literally just the plot of the movie rapunzel wants out of the tower
she leaves the tower for the city,
mother gothel wants her back for her healing hair,
this is literally the plot of the movie AND kh3 world the heartless have no affect on this
just because they appear on the fucking screen doesn't mean they affect the plot
they are equivalent to the plot of a fucking extra in a movie jesus christ

Attached: 1519505009852.jpg (1200x1177, 203K)

not only that but the fact that you defeated mother gothels heartless form does literally nothing to push the plot forward
flynn and rapunzel dont even fucking acknowledge it happened

If you never played any of the games other than the first 2, you won't have a fucking clue what is going on and even the recap only does a passable job at getting you up to speed, you have missed out on a lot.
the combat is pretty fun and cathartic, moving around feels great and you have a strong variety of combos and attacks to pull off, its fun for at least the majority of the game, but the story will be absolute nonsense if you skipped all the handhelds.

>they have no affect on the plot user
Except that it's the reason Flynn recruits SDG, it's the reason Flynn and Rapunzel get separated from SDG for a bit, and they're following Marluxia, who's there to see if Rapunzel is a Princess of Light.
>all they did was appear every so often causing the characters to say" Sora go fight them" x5
This is how they are in literally every KH game, user.
>it doesnt affect the fucking plot because the story is literally over when she appears as a heartless
Well no it's not, because you fight her.
>all you have done is grasp at fucking straws user is pathetic
user, you're just flat-out ignoring anything that goes against your narrative and it's getting sad.
>Ignores the way that Marluxia and the enemies affect the story
Since you're throwing a hissy fit and won't listen to reason, I'll just say that once again I'm correct.

People complain about the story because they don’t have dogshit standards.

If you weren’t disappointed by KH3, it’s because you’re 14 or have the brain of a 14 year old.

>If you never played any of the games other than the first 2, you won't have a fucking clue what is going on
Well obviously, I'd say KH2 is pretty important to understand the plot.

PC master racers will always elevate your game to higher ratings.

Did you really struggle in this series? Especially in BBS? What?

way to out your self as bait rofl
>Well no it's not, because you fight her
holy shit user you actually have Asperger's get yourself checked
take a fucking English class and learn what a plot is

Tehnically, KH never did much in the way of having FF and Disney directly interact. Hades making deals with Cloud and Auron I think accounts for like 95% of all of that.

>Completely ignores everything about plot implementation
Let me guess it's because you didn't have a leg to stand on, right?
Just fuck off, user.

>Ignores 4/5 of the post
lol

Appending because it's heresy I didn't mention the fucking majesty that is Sephiroth, Donald, and Goofy interacting with each other in official material.

nothing in the cutscene following the death of mother gospels heartless actually fucking relies on the death of her heartless
if you can comprehend what that means i think we are done here

>Still ignores everything about plot implementation
Ok, I legitimately laughed at you

Every game in the series has bad voice work in English.

As mediocre as KH3 was nothing makes me more upset than the walking garbage fire of a joke that FF has become.

Not really but it was lackluster, probably the last game I will play cause Osaka team is gonna make DDD 2.0 next
if they havent learned from the shitty handhelds they wont be learning any time soon in the future

>hey random people that i dont know fight these random dark things that attack me
>also i was already doing my own thing before you or these enemies arrived so it doesnt really matter
wow A+ setting and plot

Attached: 2bd.jpg (233x233, 16K)

we've been telling you since they announced osaka team was making kh3 that it would be garbage and people didn't listen

It's ok but its complete dogshit on comparison to KH2

really? I must be hazy on a bunch of plot details then. I tried to make sure I understood everything before starting 3, but the more I read the more I got a little lost I guess.

Well that was before I was shown that there are other keyblades besides the ones shown in KH1. At the time I thought it was just a really special weapon that needed to be paired up with Mickey's to seal Kingdom Hearts. Ever since Riku got his own,Roxas, and all the others, I assumed they each would get their own unique keyblade that reflects them, that only they can use.

BBS would show me different when Aqua actually lost her keyblade and it would never return.

Didn't we only even get Osaka again because the main team was busy with XV? I'd like to imagine they'll let them take back over for the next big game.

I was hoping the plot being a satisfying end to 13 years of buildup would negate any issues I had with the gameplay like it did in 2. Obviously I was wrong.

fpbp.

god willing
prob not though

that was satifying desu

those guys are supposedly working on FF7 remake with Nomura I thought

>Flynn's actions are informed by the Heartless
>"Duuuh the heartless don't matter because I said so"
Dumbass

Yeah it's kingdom hearts

It's mentioned when sora gets his keyblade that anyone who tries to wield a keybalde that isn't a keyblade wielder won't be able to wield it for very long. It's mentioned in the reports Mickey went to Radiant garden to meet with ansem and spoke at length about the keyblade.
The signs were there. Mickey wouldn't have tried to go to the RoD in the first place unless he was certain he could wield KKD

Ironically going off to Kingdom Hearts is the only place he can go and stay gone now that its established that he could easily escape anywhere else.

>literally in the process of stealing the tiara before SDG or the heartless even enter the fucking frame

Attached: 1514322301415.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

user you're directly admitting that Flynn met and interacted with the Heartless, then claiming they're not implemented into the plot.
Also he's being chased by the Heartless when you first see him.
I don't think you even know what you're arguing anymore

Yep, it's awful. 4/10, just as bad if not worse than FFXV.

It is, yes.

Flynn is being chased by the Heartless when we first see him. He recruits SDG to protect him from future Heartless attacks.
>B-but they're not implemented into the plot
Yes, they are. I just said why.

>main team was busy with XV?
That was the case up until the reboot. Osaka effectively became the main team after DDD. The remnants of tokyo team left the xv team when nomura did
>I'd like to imagine they'll let them take back over
The versus team/tokyo team was only ever 20-30 people. Most are scattered throughout the company now, did work on kh3, or left entirely

it's a good game in it's core, but the real issue is how the game was really underwhelming since Nomura pretty much pushed the game back for so long and skipped a whole generation

Attached: 1541906177004.jpg (1072x1515, 377K)

Attached: 1551712017274.png (1920x1941, 2.21M)

Attached: king kek.jpg (999x985, 642K)

From an objective standpoint I'd say XV is worse, due to all the nickel and diming for unfinished story and the shitty hold button piss easy gameplay and what not. From a subjective standpoint you're right but only because I never had any emotional attachment to XV/Vs XIII like I do to KH so 3 fucking kills me inside like nothing else.

Attached: 1551712531274.png (1920x1554, 1.79M)

Wrong, XV has a lot more sins in its core than KH3. KH3 is just a 7.5/10 on my book

Attached: Fucking gypsy.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

Attached: 1550623310418.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

As someone who's been with KH since the first game, no, it wasn't bad at all. In fact I genuinely don't know why people think it is bad.

Attached: 1550697296129.gif (367x245, 3.09M)

how about you read the thread then dumbass and you'll know why

>People are idiots and had their expectations too high
Oh ok

How did one man's seamonkey autism manage to ruin being able to talk about any game in 2018 or 2019 and instead turned everything into "at least it's not FFXV"?

XV was that bad

>durr things should never get better and we should always accept mediocrity or shit, nothing more
Fuck off.

this player has nostalgia for the series, and his opinions cannot be trusted

>He had his expectations too high
Literally laughing at you

Absolutely glorious

Without Barry, FFXV would have just been a bad game. With Barry it's become the definitive bad game of this generation.

>this player has nostalgia for the series
But so do I, probably more so, and I acknowledge that 3 was a disappointing mess. That user is just a shit gobbling retard.

Because it didn't automatically have the FM content at launch that it will eventually get.
People are retards who think every kh game launched with all the additions that international versions, fm versions, and even remakes got. DDD is the exception, not what the series usually does. Even 0.2 had patches to fix it
Another example: JP KH1 didn't have difficulty modes at launch and only had 1 secret boss

>haha I'm happy being fed shit, why aren't you?
All I feel for you is pity.

>He's angry that his expectations were too high
lol

>Because it didn't automatically have the FM content at launch that it will eventually get.
This. People don't seem to realize that development time is a thing.

>dude apathy lmao
How does it feel you're a literal NPC?

3 had triple the dev time of every other game in the series, that's not an excuse.

expecting the game to be good is "having my expectations too high"?

>two amazing, high content games come out after a 3-4 year gap along with a GBA game and a remake of the GBA game on PS2
>take 13 years of side game after side game along with industry changes and an entire generation skipped since FF vs. XIII was a thing
>come 8 years after no news on KH3 its announced as the biggest thing to come to PS4 and could save the 8th Gen because people know how shit it was
>game takes 5 years
>industry has changed so much in that time that now it's "normal" to take chunks of the game out to sell as "DLC"
>game feels incomplete, and XV was incomplete and sold in chunks
>"Why are people worried about the game?"
>"why are people mad at my game which took 13 years to make?"

To give FFXV credit it's a ok polished game, it's not like Sonic 06

Attached: guess I'll die.png (580x520, 105K)

>development time is a thing.
Worse, they think because kh2 and kh3 came out 13 years apart, that most mean that it was in development all that time.
Even worse, they think creating the game from scratch on a brand new engine instead of just using the same one since kh1 would mean a faster development time. Or that kh has ever shyed away from selling extra content in later releases
The post right above proves that

Expecting it to have full FM content right at launch was having your expectations too high, yes. Glad you're following.

we live in a day and age where devs can add way more content in less time than ever and purposefully take out parts of the game to sell as DLC. There's no excuse

Attached: 1550399005450.jpg (314x401, 61K)

CRABS IN A TRENCHCOAT

>we live in a day and age where devs can add way more content in less time than ever and purposefully take out parts of the game to sell as DLC
user it still takes time to make a game. And are you saying there's no proof whatsoever, you just think this may be what happened? That's pretty dumb, especially when we know it took them a while to make everything look up to Disney's standards.
>There's no excuse
Yes, there IS no excuse for thinking that they can just churn out extra content without putting the time in.

>we live in a day and age
KH has been doing it since 2002. Why did you think it would be different?
One of the questions nomura kept getting asked before launch was whether there was going to be a FM version or just DLC

yeah, KHII was weird, but what about III?

fpbp

3 times. Also, you are ignoring the Ice Dungeon.

And they had to start from scratch on a new engine

>Expecting it to have full FM content right at launch
Where is anyone expecting that though? Everyone far has been talking about the rushed disappointing story.

KH3 had 5 years of development time, which is not 3x the dev time of other games in the series.

And still ended up with double the dev time, keep trying to make excuses for them maybe Nomura will let you sit on his cock.

>Frozen is slightly better about this
Not even a little. Hans doesn't even really exist as a fucking character in it. In Corona, you had Rap and Flynn hanging out with the guys and everyone playing around, even if the story was half-assed, there was actual interaction and camaraderie between the movie and game main characters. Plus exploring the town after the world was really nice. Frozen sucked outside the neat heartless and ice maze. Corona even had the sexy heartless waifus.

>Where is anyone expecting that though?
Ah, this must be your first KH3 topic. It's brought up a lot.
>rushed, disappointing story
I thought the story was fine, did some of those people not pay attention to the plot after 2? lol, those idiots

It had seven, the engine change doesn't suddenly mean all the assets they'd already made were randomly destroyed, they just had to be reworked slightly.

>And still ended up with double the dev time
You don't seem to be able to comprehend that starting on a brand new engine isn't going to make the game come out any faster

Just Arendelle. Corona was more entertaining than Monstropolis.

They'd already had 2 years of pre production and asset creation done.

>Too bad storywise the game is fucked.
just like the rest since CoM

Attached: 1553165824719.jpg (563x651, 226K)

But even at seven years that's not 3x the dev time of other games in the series?

He also claimed the game would be complete and that FM would only be extra content, but guess what he had to backtrack on when people questioned him about Xion?

>asset creation done.
And then had to redo everything in the new engine, while also learning how to use it in the first place.
They admit they lost an entire year of work after the engine switch

I'm sorry that my expectations for a game have increased with the amount of games in said series.

>He also claimed the game would be complete and that FM would only be extra content
No, he never said this.

>no proof
>only argument is "well my standards are low so it's okay"
Pathetic.

Attached: 1528148750303.jpg (897x713, 111K)

No.

>but guess what he had to backtrack
He said people could figure it themselves and that the dlc would help explain it more
I hope you actually read his comments

user if you wanted to shitpost just say so, I thought you were being serious my bad

uhh but i didnt expect that, though? i expect the game to have a satisfying conclusion and for all the story elements to be tied up instead of rushed through like a checklist and i expected the combat to have more freedom and choice than mash x to build up a bar and then mash triangle to watch a cutscene (inb4 kh2 was like this, lmao did you even play critical and even then you could select what abilities you wanted to use whenever you wanted to and didnt have to watch a cutscene and wait forever for it to finish)
fuck off you shill

Let me guess, you can't find that quote anymore but he FOR SURE said it

Anyone comparing KH3 to KH2FM is baiting or retarded. Once 3FM is out and done, then you can go all in and shit on it as you please. Until then, you are being willfully stupid at best, ignorant and uninformed at worst.

>have increased with the amount of games
>Almost every game in the series does this in some form
>what, you're saying kh3 is doing this too? This is an outrage!
Literally proving my point

>S-so what if my e-expectations were too high
Maybe you'll get better for KH4, kiddo

oh fuck off kh2fm came out over 10 years ago

>lmao did you even play critical
KH2 didn't have critical mode, retard.

Yes, it is. Even KH fanboys glorified speedrunner admited it on video.

>lmao did you even play critical
kh2 didn't even launch with critical

>i expect the game to have a satisfying conclusion and for all the story elements to be tied up
>Brings up fucking critical mode
Ok user

No one is comparing 3 to 2FM besides the shills like yourself. It's your only defense.

so what? 2 final mix is over a decade old and you're telling me they can't learn anything from it because of some arbitrary bullshit?
and nice way to just ignore completely everything else i said, you're retarded

Days and DDD didn't do it. And maybe I've never liked the idea of Final Mixes, maybe I think its a shitty cop out from actually finishing the game.

>can't learn anything
Learn what
They've literally always released content post launch, starting before kh2. Nomura made a second version of AC as well
I'm asking, why did you think that it would be any different

Dude, you are blatantly ignoring all the mentions of critical mode in this very thread. Fuck off.

>woah man why do you expect people to learn from their mistakes just be happy and eat shit like me they'll fix it later

>He thinks KH ever at any point in time has a had a story that wasn't a joke

Autism

You do know that it takes time to make new things, right? Retard.

They have specifically addressed difficulty and critical mode for 3. They made Proud easier for casuals, anf expressly said they wait for FM to do critical so they can rebalance the game with the data they collect from Proud, and that they intend to make this new critical mode so tough it will require playing in an entirely different way. So, yeah, you comparing Proud to Critcal is pretty much 100% retarded.

>Days and DDD didn't do it.
I already said almost every game. Days would have gotten additions too if they actually remade it like they planned on doing.
>And maybe I've never liked the idea of Final Mixes
M8, I'm willing to bet that you played kh1 international, which itself added a bunch of things to the game. They literally do this all the time.

>making proud easier than critical is a """mistake"""
Idiocy isn't clever, user.

This.

>it's just an alpha, they'll patch it
>it's just a beta, they'll patch it
>it's just released, they'll patch it or add dlc
>just wait for the sequel
can't believe people still unironically do this in 2019

If I 100% don't give a shit about the story and skip every cutscene will I enjoy the game

I played whatever launched on the ps2. And while I've legitimately never heard of what you're talking about, I can 100% promise you I didn't play it.

If the combat seems fun to you, yeah. If you're into Disney stuff you'll also likely get slightly more enjoyment out of it

If you just want to mash X and watch things happen and mow down enemies like a musou, sure. If you aren't invested in the series i'd either recommend playing an earlier game or just a different series entirely like DMC or something/

>And while I've legitimately never heard of what you're talking about
Bullshit, you were just talking about the final mixes

It's not bad, just not as good as what's come before. It's a good game, just a disappointment.

>he thinks the issues with KH3 can be fixed with FM-esque changes
FM won't be able to fix the disappointing story elements, shitty models/lighting, or the poorly made and awkward cutscenes. The whole game is just missing the usual Kingdom Hearts charm.

It honestly feels like the devs just looked at what people liked about previous games and tried to mishmash as much of it as possible into one game with no regard for whether or not they fit together well or what made them so special in previous iterations of the series.

KH3 panders to the lowest common denominator and relies heavily on its players being strongly nostalgic for older KH games. In the end, the game feels like it's little more than a rushed-out soulless cash grab.

What's kh international then? Are you talking about like the ps3 final mix port

>just wait for the sequel
Said nobody. Literally wait for FM. If Critical sucks, that's all she wrote for KH3.

>Giving a fuck about story in video games
>Every
Lmfaooo

KH1. Like any non Japanese release of the original. It had some minornbalance changes and more bosses and keyblades.

It's ok on it's own but it's really terrible as a conclusion to that saga. The mobile game story is actually interesting but it should not of been that heavy handed in a game that should have been all about Xehanort.

This. It was fine. Just missing a few more endgame bosses which final mix always adds.
8/10 overall

Wholly untrue, 1 was experimental, but the OC voice actors were new, and in 2, everybody nailed their performance.

Billy Zane Ansem and Xemnas alone make the series a bastion of good Voice work.

I loved it. Many of my friends didn't. I came for the bullshit story and got exactly what I was looking for. It does REQUIRE you to play ALL the games and UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE PLOT for any of the shit to make sense. Like shit will just start happening if you don't know the story pretty much cold. After I explained the plot to my friends, they actually started thinking the shit was kinda cool when before they were just like what the fuck is happening. Overall don't get it if you don't like KH series. If you like smashing buttons though you can just skip the cutscenes.

>shitty models/lighting
Weak bait. No (You) for you.

Really? I always though the American release was the base. I guess that makes scene why the Japanese got a "Final Mix". You learn something new every day.

>missing the usual Kingdom Hearts charm.
lol ok
>awkward cutscenes
You're complaining about the charm being gone and yet this is a complaint. Was goofy's death or donald saying sephiroth not awkward for you?
>shitty models/lighting,
You do know they've updated their models in past games right

>and in 2, everybody nailed their performance.
Nobody said this shit until 3 came out. Isn't true now, wouldn't have been then.

If it's your first KH no, if you don't really care about the retarded plot and lore it also isn't bad. If you're an autistic KH fan then yeah I can see where the disappointment may come from.

>shills arrive
>thread gets shitposted into oblivion
Can't have anyone voice their disappointment now can we?

Attached: C3bv7ANXUAIMHdM.jpg (667x466, 45K)

They introduced difficulty modes in international as well.

>That that has all of its content release
>vs the base game
Boy you're retarded.

>in 2, everybody nailed their performance.
lmao, Aerith's voice actor has been criticized for years because of her performance in this game

If they had said that shit BEFORE the game came out it would’ve been defensible. As it stands I paid for a disappointing game, and now I have to wait for them to patch in shit to make it enjoyable? Shit, it probably won’t be a patch, I’ll have to fucking shell out more money for that Final Mix shit won’t I?

>Xehanort is suddenly misunderstood good guy
>Roxas just pops up from the sky
>Xion is just there and goes from bad to good
>Absolutely zero quality interaction between SRK/RAX/TAV

This game fucking needed more returning OC worlds to pace this shit and give everything the screen time it needed. unlike the combat balance, this can't be fucking fixed unless they completely start over

I can never find closure in KH3. I know it has been 13 years in the making, but it feels somehow... rushed.

With everything just somehow come out of the blue with Roxas his revival for example.
Kairi being useless again only to serve as a plot armour to fill a void for Sora.

It is just not a satisfying ending. Even Xehanort came off weak, even his VA sounded way off like not even serious. (Yes I know, the original english VA died)

complaining about flaws is racist, sexist, homophobic, trans phobic, and against the ToS bro

Attached: sonic implying.png (1024x1301, 623K)

A lot of promises so far that doesn't go into detail of how to fix the base game, huh? We'll see if critical changes anything, but I suspect it'll just be making enemies hit harder and Sora hit weaker which doesn't fix the underlying problems.

I honestly never knew that.

>tfw found the game serviceable at best despite the retarded story the barely anyone cares about and the average gameplay
>Obviously the game fucked up heavily in the aforementioned areas
>Tfw no longer have to give a fuck about the series or sequels anymore while the autists who still care want every game to be 2FM while that game was lightning in a bottle that can't replicated especially now since the Tokyo team members are either disperse amongst the different branches of SE or left entirely
Good luck for you fags still hanging on, you're gonna need it

>want every game to be 2FM while that game was lightning in a bottle
>a re-release that only got popular thanks to 2.5
lel

That's exactly it, the story in 3 feels like a youtuber summary of it

This. People saying they came for the story and it delivered? I've played every game except Coded and still found it shit. All the plot condensed into the last hour of the game in a series of boss rushes and awful writing. Every character's arc resolved within minutes before making way for the next character on the checklist. The main villain retconned into a dindu. Power of waking bullshit that was within Sora all along rendering half the game pointless and an excuse to force a bittersweet ending. No actual closure for the main trio since Sora is off on wacky adventures again with Riku looking for him this time around. Kairi doing nothing all game despite being hyped up except act as a plot death for Sora to grief over.

God KH3 was fucking trash.

>Implying there aren't people who unironically want that

So can I ask why everyone sucks off FM2? I tried Critical Mode for a while and personally I thought it was ridiculous the way so much shit can one shot you from half health. I beat a few of the worlds, but after a while it seemed like more trouble than it was worth. Can someone explain to mean why everyone holds it up as the pinnacle of the series?

You tried but Resident Evil 2 Remake still is the current GOTY 2019. Better luck next time.

Xehanort didn't apologize and no one forgave him. He finally called it quits because Eraqus was like "dude, you lost, deal with it."

the underlying combat is already deeply inherently flawed and needs to be redone from the ground up (which isn't going to happen) so if you think critical mode will save it you are a fool

It's a terrible closure to the already shitty xehanort saga that overstayed its welcome a long, long time ago.

Well yeah, they work, because they operate on a similar level to dodging or blocking, i.e press a button in reaction to an incoming attack

People that shit on RCs are brainlets, they don't even do that much damage unless you're playing baby mode

The difficulty isn't the good part of it, it's the content.
The actual combat/difficulty is probably the least bad part about KH3 but it's certainly missing some SOUL by replacing triangle buttons with disney rides

>needs to be redone from the ground up
>Yeah, they need to copy and paste kh2fm. Then it will be good

Attached: 1.jpg (800x800, 27K)

This but unironically.

I'd say critical mode is actually easier than proud, sure you die more quickly if you don't pay attention, but you get a lot of habilities and you take like double the damage. You just suck.

>Axel gets more quality action in fucking Re:COM

Why was Axel vs Marluxia so Kino?
Why was his sacrifice in 2 so kino?

That’s my understanding. It solves many of the plot threads introduced in the other games, but doesn’t actually give them the significance in the story that they should have. The story elements from the other games aren’t explored in much detail for fear of alienating the players who only played 1 & 2. It tries to cater to a wider audience and please everyone, but it ends up pleasing no one.

>Xehanort is suddenly misunderstood good guy
Nope. You are entirely misinterpreting the scene. Typical.

>le 2fm is bad meme
you shills really have the shittest taste

I bought it on release, got to twilight town, beat the darkness tide and was so bored I never picked it up again. I am saying this as a fan of 358/2 days

Exactly. Sora fucked around on Disney planets for unclear reasons and came back only with the realization he liked Kairi. His power was his friends and that didn't mean much in the end. What should have been a meaningful final boss was treated with little emotional gravity even with his waifu being kidnapped and glassed effortlessly. Nothing made that meaningful. It was cool and it's happy end for most as every single emotional arc gets wrapped up at once, but there's no room to appreciate any of it, especially as it relates to Sora.

The literally said, "It won't just be chsnging health and damage values." But surely random Yea Forums user knows better than the devs.

Next you`re gonna say that expecting the game to be good was unresonable

Attached: 1555273735418.png (446x435, 82K)

>le 2fm is bad meme
>brainlet thinks that's what the post is about
>not 2fm brainlets thinking every game needs to be 2fm or else it's shit
They really are brainlets

Sora, Riku and Kairi sound fine
Disney Characters sound fine
Organization Members all sound orgasmic
Roxas sounds great

The only poor performances were the RG defense force

>It tries to cater to a wider audience and please everyone, but it ends up pleasing no one.
Reminds me of XV, unfortunately that's the industry standard at the moment and it won't get better any time soon.

Where did they say that?

>I wanted to use darkness to put everything into balance for the greater good

Sounds like you're a shill who is fine with every villain thus far being retroactively undermined

What was Xehanort going to do if Ansem had succeeded in destroying the worlds with Darkness?

>yeah bro you should just make every game shitty and full of gimmicks instead of building on what already worked and making that even greater
oh wait they already did that

>shitty and full of gimmicks
like reaction commands
I'm sure glad they got rid of those.

This. The only conclusion I was cool with as Ansem's because he has literally been dragged around since Kh1

>still repeating this meme
Try beating KH2 using only the triangle button, I'll wait.

And replaced them with something considerably worse.

Because it has some of the best post game content ever, on top of an already great main game. Better balancing, better abilities, better movement, better enemy design and movesets and critical is polished to a shine.

>take more damage
>do more damage
>high stakes, high reward

gamereactor.eu/grtv/434913/Kingdom Hearts III - Tai Yasue Interview/
>On the game's upcoming Critical Mode, Yasue said that the development team wanted to "do it the right way," instead of solely altering HP and damage values. They decided to implement new abilities that will resonate with a more technical playstyle, and also focused on making players think about their actions both inside and outside of battle. In addition, Critical Mode will feature AI adjustments to prevent it from feeling unfair, but it will still push players to their limits and encourage them to utilize the game's full array of options, such as cooking meals to gain stat benefits.
>"It is balanced in a way that you could clear it without leveling up, for example, but you really have to think it through. For example, you have to think about the timing of your guarding and using your counter in order to make battles easier to clear."

reaction commands worked though and they made certain enemies feel different and unique
flowmotion doesnt work
keyblade transformations dont work (at least in their current state though drive forms were better anyway)
attraction flows dont work

You're literally proving my point for me

The whole "using darkness for greater good of balance in the world" is at COMPLETE FUCKING ODDS with everything Ansem does, everything Xemnas does, and even everything he himself does in BBS and DDD

Considering base kh2 was easier than kh3 is now, you probably could

>b but it was never about the FF characters! They barely mattered anyway!
This is what the people defending the game always spout like retards.
This has to be the worst fanbase of them all, I genuinely can't find any other.

Dunkey's video was right on target.

user I'm a different person, I was agreeing with you.

>kh2 good
>new thing bad
yikes

Whats even worse is they expect us at the end of the journey to feel for Sora as he apparently vanishes next to Kairi. For whatever reason.

The game wants to do everything in its story to be fulfilled in the last hours of the franchise. To which it didn't even succeed in that. We were left with more questions than answers.

/vg/ is laughing at us bros..

Dude, you can't even beat the first enemy with just the triangle button because reversal doesn't do any damage. Meanwhile 3 gives you random limits with Donald and Goofy right off the bat.

>kh2 bad
>new thing good
yikes

Sounds nice. They’re gonna need to tweak the fuck out of those attractions though. As it stands they’re “no risk, high reward”. Not using them is gimping yourself hard.

Because it's the truth, nomura only added the ff characters in kh1 out of convenience so he didn't have to make new OC's

That sounds really good on paper. If they pull it off I'll be very happy, but I honestly have no faith in Osaka team.

I think Ansem, Xemnas, and YX were all fine, it's just MX (the big baddy that didn't have any sort of conclusion yet) that was bad

>Ansem essentially admits defeat and tells them to become stronger than ever
>Xemnas admits his evil is birthed from loneliness
>YX is just a fucking dick
and then we have
>MX is just misunderstood good guy

SIGH

>no YOU
ouch

Oh, shoot, I'm sorry, I thought it was that user asking a sarcastic rhetorical

>actually expecting the story of Kingdom Hearts to be good
>it isnt
>HHAHAHAHAHAA BTFO

>only with the realization he liked Kairi
Which he learned all the way back in 1, and reiterated in 2. I feel like Nomura didn't even remember the rest of the series and just wrote 3 based solely on the handheld shit.

im just arguing on your level bro
shitposting with no effort

>No details
Again, we'll just have to see. No sense in being a shill for a faceless corporation.

>with no effort
Kinda like reaction commands

Can we all agree the kino moments in KH3 were:
>Sully fucking throwing Vanitas out like the trash he is
>Marshmallow and Sora stopping the giant hyper death ball
>Donald using Zettaflare

Defeat a dusk using only reversal, I want to see this.

Reaction commands were just cool looking counters you had to time for certain enemies, I rather that than press any button to AOE nuke your entire screen

Attached: 1534376479246.png (846x651, 322K)

We've already established you can't beat the same just spamming reaction commands. They aren't free wins like all the limit and attrraction spam in KH3.

>They aren't free wins like stitch and magic spam in kh2
ftfy

I love KH shitposters. There is nothing more autistic and braindead than those things.

I'd still like to know where this
>reaction command bad
meme even came from.

Attached: 1537652652152.png (424x381, 181K)

KH3 is still a KH game
overbaked and underworked, but regardless still a KH game

FFXV was, by most metrics, not a Final Fantasy game

Attached: 1484414099853.gif (500x375, 999K)

Do I keep responding to blatantly untrue bait, or stop feeding (You)s?

kh2 was criticized for years for being press triangle to win.

If you don't understand it, you're legit underage and dumb as fuck.

multiplayer.it/articoli/kingdom-hearts-3-intervista-tai-yasue-gdc-2019.html
>For those waiting for Critical mode, don't worry: keyblade transformations and attractions won't make you feel so powerful [laughs].
Not sure how I feel about this promise

Not as much as KH3 right now.

Why are KH fans so stupid so consistently? KH threads are hilarious.

And it was still a meme back then, why take it seriously now?

Yes, and Woody shit talking Young Xehanort (at least I think that was him)

Probably means a severe damage nerf and appear less often as commands. At least hopefully for attracts, i didnt feel like transformations broke the game that much other than final form, but thats the bonus weapon anyways

>And it was still a meme back then
Because kh2 didn't have critical mode yet, that's why it was criticized

I agree.

The cutscenes are the game.

Kingdom Hearts is about a boy who is absolute garbage in cutscenes doing a million stupid things at the press of two buttons in gameplay.

It's for morons.

That has always been the case for KH though, the fuck. I swear people who utter this criticism are braindead.

And what do you between 0 drive and enough to resummon Stitch?

This is just incredible. KH fanboys can't be taken seriously when they try to defend the trainwreck that is KH3.

They can't be taken seriously at any point in time. What are you on about? Throw the entire series away.

t. didn't play KH1 and stopped 2 after the Land of Dragons

>between 0 drive
>every letting your drive gauge get to 0 with how easy it is to keep the gauge up or just go to a save point since the worlds are so tiny

ok

Attached: 69.jpg (1983x2643, 531K)

>how easy it is to keep the gauge up
And how do you do that? Because it certainly isn't Stitch + magic spam.
>just go to a save point since the worlds are so tiny
And during boss fights?

I don't think save points replenish the Drive Gauge at all, unless I'm misremembering

>buying into old bad, new good shitposting

They don't.

Leave the world with a summon or drive active through the save point, come back and it replenishes the entire gauge.
This is an easy way to grind drives and summons

He means going to the world map while drives/summons are active.

Ah, I had no idea. I didn't play the game for the first time until a couple months ago. That's a neat trick

Nah, I just remember what the games receptions were like before the hd collections
BBS was praised as one of the best games of the series too at one point.

I'm only here for the cute boys.

>BBS was praised as one of the best games of the series too at one point.
Wow it's almost like handheld expectations are lower or something. Also people had to rationalize all the hype behind 2's secret ending so they couldn't admit it wasn't as good until it came out on console and showed it's problems for what they are.

Remember Yea Forums, if it has a crying wojak about it, it's not the fans of the game that are asshurt.

Attached: 1555644410698.png (893x712, 296K)

Except the wojak OP is trying to defend it.

>BBS was praised as one of the best games of the series too at one point.
No it wasn't, everybody hated since day one.

>Wow it's almost like handheld expectations are lower or something.
What the fuck kind of rationalization is "it was handheld, so people thought it was better than it really was"? You're stacking it up directly against console games. I liked aspects of Metroid Fusion better than I did Super Metroid and I emulated the both of them, I'm not magically giving Fusion any more points over Super because I played it on a GBA emulator.

>handheld quality isn't inherently expected to be worse than console quality
>brings up a franchise where most entries are 90% the same game
>says he emulated them on top of that
And you expect me to take you seriously?

KH2 not really but KH1 is absolutely a rehashed movie worlds game.

The tangled and frozen worlds are terrible, but that was expected and otherwise it is pretty good.

This series has always been abysmal

Kh1 is the only one where Sora felt like he was actually a part of each world's story tho imo.

>m-metroid doesn't count
You are beyond all help

>what is Wonderland
>what is Olympus
>what is Halloween Town
Even Monstro and Neverland focused more on Riku doing shit than the movie's plot.

>talking about KH
>b-but Metroid
Kek.

There was no build up to that moment. He can bring people back from the dead at the expense of himself. He seemed to know that, but no one treated Sora's departure with any sort of importance. What should have been a unified effort against the final boss is instead your standard "let's run around with Goofy and Donald" fight with no epic meaningful press triangle to power of friendship gimmicks. The whole cast hangs back, let's you fight, and shows up to make the victory and Kairi's death seem more hollow.

They were connected in 1 as he held her heart in himself. That wasn't shown to be just an act of love, but a special ability Sora has as "his friends are his power" and the links and connections he forms are special. His connection to Riku was shown to be just as significant. Their love was hardly expressed or expanded upon because they spend so much time apart. And for what? For Kairi to fucking suck despite being off passing the mark of mastery the whole game. And they don't even talk despite having phones and social media.

Tangled has the upper hand because they let you interact with best girl for a lot of it

Attached: Rapunzel.jpg (500x500, 216K)

Adding phones was such a massive mistake.

>thinking phones were added to allow characters to connect despite distance apart
Lol, no. It was just so Ienzo could give you status updates on Roxas without you having to go to Radiant Garden because Nomura knew if RG appeared with no restoration committee there'd be riots.

Exactly why phones were a mistake. Nigga should have just bit the bullet

It made plot progress easier and I liked finding lucky marks. Other than that it just made the lack of interaction between Sora, Riku, and Kairi awkward, leaving us with only those hilarious social media loading screens.

And it worked but there should have been another feature like call Kairi. Maybe give them a game of phone tag or something.

What if Square Enix just took a BIG SHIT?

Tutorial screens should have been Kairi phoning Sora to tell him all the new things she learned training with Lea.

the ultimate kingdom hearts collection will be released on steam. it's just a matter of time.

How about fuck no.

>he wants more generic floating 4th wall screens
The industry will never evolve with people like you taking part in it.

It was still a okay game, just a disappointment after all the years building it up.

>implying that'd be as bad as kairi saying "sora I learned you press the x button to attack!"

FPBP

It'd certainly be a lot more unique and help explain why they love each other despite neither remembering the other exists for 80% of the game.

OP
the fact is
hype was not delivered..
game was WAAAAAAAAY to easy
literally worse than Nino Kuni 2
so it's better to watch movie version from youtube than playing the game itself
theres no charm that carried previous series
it became "LOOK REMEMBER THESE GUYS HUH?" or "aaaand THEY ARE INNNN" moments were spammed again and again
worst in the series

Attached: Doctor-with-Tablet.jpg (500x400, 107K)

first post is always fanfag defend wall post
nt tho
many core fans hated 3
keep the cope

Anything to make us feel their connection. His feelings for her are avoided until they are at the end of the game.

To each their own I guess. For me characters acknowledging stuff like that always annihilated my immersion

>why they love each other
Shipperfag detected

Attached: 244.jpg (632x759, 66K)

you fucking retard niggers should really fucking kill yourselves, preferably by inserting that gayass Nintendo Wee Svitch into your rotting rectums.
play a real fucking game once in a while, you weeb cockgobblers

>they finally share a paopu fruit after 13 years
>you were the light in the darkness
>i simply believed you wouldn't
It's not shipping if it's canon, it's just poorly developed.

>poorly developed
Which is why it would annoy me if they try adding more of it in. Kairi has the personality of a vacuum and I prefer to be inconvenienced with her presence as little as possible.

>Kairi has the personality of a vacuum
Because they aren't developing it, your logic is backwards.

>all that sized fucked up image even in minimized pic
didn't even bother to click to enlarge
keep cope kid

Are you having a stroke? Should I call 911?

Attached: 1521521111903.jpg (1011x633, 43K)

Loading splash screens aren't going to help.

no call SquareEnix for making fucked up sequel
if you truly believe KH3 is masterpiece
i dont know what to tell you
the fact those people never played KH1~2
or hasn't fully grown-up mentally

Attached: mgs kek.jpg (156x267, 27K)

all samefag

the whole series if bad. What did you expect from angsty weeb disney fanfic?

i grew up playing KH
>kh3 sucks boners
>no hollow bastion, traverse town, destiny island, expansive twilight town (1 area)
>no nightmare before christmas
>no colosseum
>no ff
>no good fucking keyblades like oblivion
>transformations didnt change your clothes
list goes on but these are just my main gripes

1 was good i'll give em that but
from 2 the wagon started to shake
3 proved that babby difficulty was way to go
from higher up decision

this..
core fans fucking hate 3
it's TLJ,godfather3,Indiana Jones 4 for KH fans

You're slowly getting better at English user, I believe in you, keep trying.
Probably not, but real cutscenes might.

Attached: Jack_Sparrow_KH.jpg (353x384, 21K)

we didnt even go to mickeys kingdom. the entire game lacked the charm the first 2 did

keep coping
core fans already turned their backs
youtube already has lists of normies calling games bad
i don't even have to do anything

you can already tell
they made it 'just for money'

Nigger I hate KH3 probably more than you ever will, but your ESL retardation is just making me laugh.

>Nigger I hate KH3 probably more than you ever will,
ok samefag

Why do you keep writing posts like that, they're not haikus

it is haiku of failed franchise

>samefag
Yes? I'm the same person you've been replying to the whole time. And that's not what a samefag is.

That actually made me laugh, well done.

>keep getting baited
why are you giving him an attention?
you are already getting trolled

>"we'll play again... when we're both... just guys"
What the fuck did he mean by this?

sjw propaganda

sounds gay isn't it

Being a Wojakshitter? Absolutely it's that bad. Better kill yourself.

it's that bad.. KH3 that is

It's possible that there's some casual Japanese word for people who aren't at war with each other. There's no English equivalent so "just guys" as in putting aside their roles in this big crazy keyblade war to just be people hanging out.

keyblade is metaphor for a cock

youtube.com/watch?v=ABavfazPTjo

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What fuck
I can hear Sora saying this in my head. But I can't for the life of me remember what the context is

Luxord's death scene, he respects him as a gambler or whatever.

Nostalgia goggles. It's always been a 7/10 series, and THAT'S OK. It's fun to play, just like the first two, and the consistent themes make up for the nonsense story.

It wasn't always this easy and cluttered with press triangle gimmicks. The spells are fucking useless.

they made it way too easy tho

Believe it or not, retard, that has nothing to do with whether it's a good game.

zing

Not as good as Birth by Sleep.

I'm replaying BBS right now, you're delusional.

When did you first realize that he probably is actually gay?
>no mention of girlfriend or wife
>really gets a hard on for fashion
>is into theatre and musicals

Attached: Nomura_KH.jpg (1667x2000, 321K)

I had suspicions after KH2 with how little importance Kairi had, DDD firmly cemented it.

uhhh when he made a main character in FF8 whose outfit was literally based on an outfit that Gackt wore that is homoerotic as fuck (just like anything else he wears for the most part)?
And the fact that the two have known each other for decades and he's a gigantic fan of Gackt and they probably fucked at some point?
I mean this isn't rocket science.

Attached: 764337.jpg (500x746, 116K)

don't forget the time he accepted a bouquet of flowers from a male model

That's actually normal in japan.
I mean he's still clearly gay, but that specific detail doesn't factor into it.

>earring is on the left side
He's straight, boys! Pack it up!

user, let it go. One of the best RPG games ever made was directed by a shaft-stroking, testicle-tickling, cum-guzzling gay man. and there's unironically nothing wrong with that

and some of the technology that you're using to talk to each other right now was unironically made by trannies in history

>3
>trainwreck
barry are you ok?

That's a retarded rumor. A man having any earring at all is gay as fuck.

In the '90 literally everyone had one, or even two earrings.
Plenty of straight guys had them.

I mean i do agree, it looks pretty gay, but it was socially acceptable from the '80 to the late '90 and i'm sure it's going to come back in style because this kind of shit is cyclical.
It was TWENTY YEARS of men commonly wearing earrings, user.
Imagine living trough TWENTY MORE YEARS of it at some point.
How will you cope?

Attached: 523566.png (522x593, 325K)

>How will you cope?
By not being a flaming queer.

You could always just play ff7, retard

youtube.com/watch?v=G1-2iN1kKi8
Secret Gackt+Nomura collab only a few people know of

Yeah, like drive forms, summons and limits weren't AOE nuke tools that ended fights for free

FF7 Cloud and Sephiroth =/= KH Cloud and Sephiroth. I was fully banking on Sephiroth being Zack's Heartless and Cloud being his Nobody, Nomura disappointed me yet again.