So considering that the hazardless version doesn't have the solid platform, will it be a legal stage?

So considering that the hazardless version doesn't have the solid platform, will it be a legal stage?

Attached: bf09a80b59cb0e2046752627c1154ab209b41ce5r1-859-467v2_hq.jpg (859x467, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/2GGaming/status/1118688583206879232
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too visually distracting for babies. Same as Bayo's stage
Also might be a little too big for them

Ramp bad

Complaining about ramps is brainlet tier shit

symmetryfags should never touch comp smash

many items, stage hazards on and random stage

the only way to play smash bros as it was meant to be. anything else is autism.

>All of the advantages in the world to the guy on the left and the right spawn just gets fucked
It's like Castle Siege if the superior spawn was even more superior.

They already got castle siege banned because of the ramp

Who cares? Tourney trannies get the boolet.

It should be. Fuckers ban stages for the flimsiest reasons but you still see people run Lylat which is still fucked even hazardless.

Mementos should be legal, Warioware should be legal, Skyloft should be legal, Castle Siege should be legal.

Attached: 1544419832017.jpg (832x900, 133K)

Uneven ramps are shit
Tiny blast zones are shit
Walk offs are shit

None of those stages have walkoffs.

Does Skyloft not change zones in hazardless?

Nope.

Oh then I agree with you on Skyloft.
The others absolutely shouldn't be legal, though.
Those nigh-instant blast-zones on Warioware completely cornhole certain types of recoveries.
And uneven ramps are just handing an advantage to one player. Even ramps would be fine though

that's fucking gaudy
how can personafags call this visually appealing?

>Stage Creator releases
>Meaning there can be a whole new variety of stage legal maps
>fuckers will still complain about how "they aren't real maps" and won't let them through

the state of "competitive" smash

Welcome to smash, enjoy your seven(7) stages for the next 10 years.

Not being able to tweak the blast zones or spawn points is a huge detriment.

Are you dumb? Bayo’s stage has so much going on in the background it’s cancer, and sometimes things just blend in + there is no need for another FD stage. If you actually think Umbra is fun to play on you have autism or ADHD

its legal
it was already used in a tournament and replaces castle siege

Also because it's a logistical nightmare

How do you get the community to agree on which custom stages are legal?
How do you make sure every switch at a tournament has this batch of legal stages available to play?
How do you deal with players spawning right on top of each other at the start of matches?
How do you playtest all of the legal stages to make sure there's no jank? The undersides of build-a-stages are usually a fucking nightmare of glitchy bullshit. I downloaded a bunch of the top stages from not-miiverse yesterday and tried them and guess what? Tether recoveries didn't work on a single one of them.

In theory it sounds great. But the logistics of it are all fucked. Getting the Smash community to agree on a handful of custom stages out of the ever growing large number and all have them readily available to play on alone is a nightmare and it's not even the only problem tournament legal custom stages would have to overcome.

Imagine being distracted so easily

Castle siege is boring as fuck. People actually want to play on that stage? Also skyloft allows for sharking under the main platform. WariorWare is legal

>You will never be as stupid and upset as this user
Feels fucking amazing to be desu

>If you don't have ADHD you have ADHD

What did this user mean

Is Warioware really not legal? That was the best stage in Project M.

>Also skyloft allows for sharking under the main platform
How is this a problem? Hasn't Delfino been legal despite having that?

It’s really not a nightmare it’s just TO’s are godawful at doing anything and are all failed abortion retards that have never used technology before

It's blast zones are so close to the bottom of the stage that it's basically an instant loss for certain recoveries. K. Rool and tether characters are boned by it.

twitter.com/2GGaming/status/1118688583206879232

Bayo's stage is banned because the platforms it has are complete cancer.
>platforms that create walk offs
>solid platforms
>platforms that appear under the stage
The last two poitns in particular lead to a lot of circle camping, while the first one is pretty self-explanatory.
It's a fun stage, sure, but not competitive at all.

>inb4 hazardless
Hazardless Umbra is just another FD.

The side blast zones are also really close. Incineroar can kill so early on warioware he'd basically jump up an entire tier if the stage was legal

If you have ADHD you enjoy playing on the stage because you get bored quickly otherwise.
Believe it or not there is a lot more to pay attention to in the game when you aren’t just spending it the whole time spamming dash attacks and forward smashes.

I thought it was because the blast zones were tiny.

I have such severe ADHD that certain levels of Catherine are nearly impossible for me to beat, and even I can deal with that stage. Stop being retarded.

It's because the foreground blocks your view on the right side offstage

>Does not understand what ADHD is.
People with attention deficit get distracted easily you dipshit.

>uneven ramps
Lylat
>tiny blast zones
Yoshi's Island (melee)

All travel stages should be legal or none should be legal

>Lylat
Lylat doesn't give a distinct advantage to one side with it's ramp.
"Dude one of you gets the highground lmao" is cancer. I should have been more specific.

>Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Has nice and big blast zones compared to SmUsh Warioware

no shit retard, but being distracted by the stage is probably the only thing that keeps retarded ADHD children like you from even being able to look at the game.
You are probably trash at the game and just spam dash attacks and forward smashes. It doesn’t matter for someone as worthless as you. So go play you’re shitty worthless FD-esque stage against CPUs you’ll have more fun sweetie.

Where does this meme that YS in Ultimate has tiny blastzones?
It's barely smaller than BF, and much larger than WW. It's only in Melee where the stage is tiny.

no because the TOs and the players mostly want to have a maximum of 8 legal stages so that if you don't want to play on a certain kind of stage you only have to at most once per set (of 3 games). I think it's retarded desu and both players should just ban stages until there's one left and play on that stage for the first game (rock-paper-scissors decides who bans first), then take turns afterwards picking any legal stage starting with the loser. the total number of legal stages should be much higher too and include Mementos without hazards.

Smash children are too stubborn to use a stage like that. They don't want to play on anything unique. I wish we were allowed to play on stages with walls and everything like some Tekken type shit but no, there's always a complaint.

Umbra clocktower hazardless shouldn't be legal if only because of the blur that sometimes happens when the angels scream which also slows down the framerate. same reason fountain of dreams is banned

unfortunate that inkling is the only playable cunny in ultimate. why didn't hackarai give us Ashley?

>legal stage
Fuck off competitive fags this is a party fighting game

It'd be nice to have more stages that benefit/disadvantage other character archtypes. Incineroar could fuck Pichu up on Wario Ware. It'd really contribute to the thought behind the whole counter picking system set in place.

>walls
I can't see why it's a problem on Dracula's castle but for a lot of stages the meta does kinda revolve around unbreakable combos that use the wall
it is true that this gives the higher up player a slight advantage but if more of these asymmetrical stages were allowed you could also balance it out over several games.
this sounds great desu. it would make the game more interesting if players had to learn multiple characters and stages

Players would just consistently strike the stage so incineroar would never get to play on it anyway

There are way more than enough legal stages now that shit like ramps and bad sides dont have to be tolerated anymore yet dipshits insists that because melee literally doesnt have an option but to have certain stages that ultimate should them too

Dracula's problem isn't the walls, but the staircase on the right that promotes camping.

I agree that there should be some stages with smaller blastzones, but WarioWare's are obscenely small, they're in a class of their own. If something like Battlefield is the default, WarioWare is a much bigger change than the biggest of the big stages.

Which is why we add more than one. And not just stages for heavy character benefit. There are a few more stages that I think could be made legal to improve counter picks and expand the tier list. Of course you have to use a bit of sense because this could easily lead to people carrying you to their gimmick stages but overall I think Smash players try to standardize the ruleset far too heavily. The game IS in fact still a party game. I think it's great competitively but I would like for players to embrace some of the more unique aspects about the franchise and allow them to be a part of the competitive ruleset. I've said this before but it was always funny to me how Smash babies brag about how unique their game is but then try to strip as much away as possible to make it like a traditional fighter.

>it is true that this gives the higher up player a slight advantage but if more of these asymmetrical stages were allowed you could also balance it out over several games.
Fuck yourself you cancerous retard. You just want to finagle the high ground as often as possible because you suck ass at Smash.

I don't want it to be """fair""" over the course of several games. I want to have several fair fights.

The problem is that when you don't strip away as much as possible you end up with a super cancerous meta.

Variety is nice and all, but it's not the point of tourneyfagging, and trying to make tournies more casual is just going to ruin both sides of the game.

It just turns out that Smash doesn't have many good stages. Warioware, castle seige, and yoshi are the only ones you can really make a case for.

What you should be pushing for is a way to get custom stages tourney legal.

>the staircase on the right that promotes camping.
but how do we know this yet? the stage basically hasn't been played competitively yet. we can make predictions for sure but you might as well give it a chance
>I want to have several fair fights
should we only allow 3 stages that have to be played in a certain order every time? or only allow one stage? you won't have truly fair fights if the players get to pick the stage, or if the stage is picked at random.

>you won't have truly fair fights if the players get to pick the stage, or if the stage is picked at random.

Attached: brenlit.png (211x239, 5K)

There are some things we don't really need to test extensively. We don't need to test that a walkoff leads to degenerate gameplay, because we've seen plenty of that in the past. There's no point in giving a new stage with a walkoff a chance, because we know how walkoffs work.

We don't need to test that a hard to reach lower area promotes camping, because we've seen that before.

It's not really about making it more casual. I think that when you have such a closed list of stages to play on it really hinders the potential for certain characters. If I'm playing a slow character who doesn't have a lot of options to close the gap against a fast character with a projectile I'll spend the entire game chasing you around a big stage like Pokemon Stadium only to get combo'd to death when I can get in on you. I'll look through the list. Surely there are more stages that we can use here because this is ridiculous.

The real answer is fuck tournament legal stages and fuck tournaments. Play fun stages and kick camping shitters from your arenas.

Attached: 1538000021266.gif (256x200, 53K)

That's what Tekken does. The shit may as well be random on smash because the selection is so small we always end up on the same stages anyway.

>Castle Siege is boring as fuck

Not much of an argument there. You could just as easily argue that seeing Battlefield, the Animal Crossing stages, Pokémon Stadium 1, Kalos League, etc. over and over is boring.

There seriously aren't. The vast, vast majority of stages have walkoffs, caves or shitty hazards.

>Smash players
boo hoo stages that arent completely flat and unchanging! hazards are cancer!

>DoA players
hey cool levels bro

It's a bit bigger than PS2 which is already pretty big.
I think it should be legal, but I'm not the voice for the Smash community.

dracula's castle doesn't exactly have either of those but I guess all things considered it's probably one of the last stages anyone should consider making legal.
idk which or both of those points you disagree with but picking the stage randomly could arguably be fair but my problem with it is that you're always going to end up with a stage that one player prefers/is better at/suits their main better. if the whole meta revolved around all stage picks being random and everyone adapted to it, it would be completely fair but I don't think the players would be very happy about it so it isn't going to happen.
it would be cool if stages made in stage builder could be used to add more legal stages with more variety.

Stages make way more of a difference in smash. We have the starter/counterpick system because some stages make a bigger difference than others.

The biggest issue is honestly the fact that it's another big stage when the stagelist already favors mobile characters due to Castle Siege and WarioWare's shaky status in terms of legality.

>It's a bit bigger than PS2
It's almost as big as Mushroom Kingdom U, with harder to reach platforms as well. That Stage is already considered too potentially be too big with much potential for circle camping.
If Mementos is legal, there was no real reason to have MKU not be so previously.

>"This is a problem for me but I can deal with it, get good."
>"Well I bet you love this thing and you are also shit!"
???