What happened to all the mech games?

What happened to all the mech games?
Why did people stop making them?
Why are the only two "good" ones available right now a turn-based strategy and hyper-grindy online-only pvp-only game?

Attached: Victor_Repaired.jpg (3840x2400, 2.17M)

Mechs are stupid. The would collapse under their own weight and sink into most terrain.

So is the premise of 90% of other games.
What's your point?

because people are into soi souls games.

?
90% of other games wouldn't collapse under their own weight and sink into most terrain.

So: just because From took a break everyone else stopped too?
Didn't they announce they're working on 6?

>autism
Okay: "The premises of 90% of all videogames are 'stupid'."
There. Does that appease your autism?

Not as stupid as mecha, because that other 90% is being made and mecha aren't.

This.
Why make a game that sells a few million when you can make one that sells 50k instead? It's the Soi!

Mechs move slow people don't like slow

they tried but there were no interest in an online mecha game
see: Hawken, SDGO, Cosmic Break 1/2

Attached: hawken.jpg (1280x720, 198K)

Then maybe they should have made a proper fucking mech game that wasn't F2P garbage?

Personally I want a mecha game thats single player/coop, vs mecha games always turn into no fun allowed meta shit, plus you can’t get any ridiculous or fun weapons because it has to be “balanced” for multiplayer

MWO has been around for some 7 years and it was successful enough to fund a new game.

Pretty much this.
MWO showed promise, but they ruined a lot for "balance" reasons:
>no omnipods on clantech
>limits on simultaneous fire
>no ramming or melee at all
>missiles so fucked up that they may as well not exist

I was thinking more about ac verdict day
>beat game to unlock ultimate weapons
>completely useless compared to br spam and tank track heavy laser sniping

That too. I hope they go back to their roots with AC6. I hope that's why it's taking 4 years instead of their normal 2.

Is there any reason to believe they are actually making another ac? Also why the FUCK is gundam battle operation 2 japan exclusive when its free to play and has a full English translation

aren't gundam games usually due to licensing issues?
i'm pretty sure the english option is for SEAfriends and not NA people

Because Miyazaki directly stated they're working on it, but that it'll take "longer than normal".

Oh snap lmao.

I feel like someone at bandai hates non-asians, the only gundam games that get released in the west are barely translated garbage, meanwhile the Asia exclusive ones have full English translation and are actually decent

For real?

Attached: 35159994-5F97-45FB-8377-C33689AD44DC.jpg (600x338, 73K)

Yes: for real.

Nice

Attached: 42C1CACE-F7D7-44E2-AD5B-14984CD2511C.gif (320x180, 865K)

FromSoft made Armored Core you retard

Hawken was one of the fuckin coolest games I've ever played. Felt so good to play. I'm pretty sad it's gone. Pretty sad such an immersive game was stuck as a f2p multiplayer shooter.

Nobody makes mech games for the same reason that almost nobody makes tank or air combat games; the gameplay is hard to do right compared to typical FPS games and casuals don't like sims.

Well, Battletech in general has had kind of a tricky history, between the big lawsuit and the license being passed around to a different studio pretty much every game.

modern armored cores are fucking retarded
just make a fucking gundam game if you want sanic fast paperweight mechas

where are my heavy feeling mechas like in the first armored cores?

Attached: 1541090449202.png (193x197, 39K)

Turn off boost mode in verdict day, now they have weight

>still no Pacific Rim punching mech game

Attached: 1552837051134.png (622x621, 772K)